[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Giga Armor Rockman

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 150
Thread images: 15

File: DApEkVvXsAElUa1.jpg (25KB, 600x397px) Image search: [Google]
DApEkVvXsAElUa1.jpg
25KB, 600x397px
Will be displayed at Tamashii Nation 10thAnniversary World Tour in OSAKA on May 27 and 28
>>
File: DApEkVoWAAUl7RT.jpg (30KB, 600x480px) Image search: [Google]
DApEkVoWAAUl7RT.jpg
30KB, 600x480px
>>
File: DApEkV7W0AEbgch.jpg (47KB, 600x899px) Image search: [Google]
DApEkV7W0AEbgch.jpg
47KB, 600x899px
>>6342453
>>
I think I like Truforce a bit more.
>>
>>6342453
Include parts for different armor (Ultimate?)
>>
File: 1495681858659.jpg (98KB, 1024x678px) Image search: [Google]
1495681858659.jpg
98KB, 1024x678px
>>6342451
>>
I'm a bit sad it is a Chogokin...? Meaning it will be pricey. I was hoping for a type of model kit, maybe just the armor like the old ones so it would've been cheaper.
>>
>>6342457
his face seems kind of odd... too small?
>>
>>6342457
man that is ugly
>>
>>6342451

Looks like shit. I was hoping that it came with one of the more classic looking armor sets not a motorcycle wearing Gunpla Builders parts.
>>
>>6342457
"keep it simple stupid" comes to mind
>>
>>6342475
>I'm a bit sad it is a Chogokin...? Meaning it will be pricey.

Me too. It also means that they won't have a decent amount of armor options like the original model kit line.

I'm all down for having high quality megaman collectibles, but I was kinda looking forward to a revival of the old model kit line.
>>
>>6342451
Looks better than the Truforce, but I was hoping we would get some more classic looking armors. Not some sort of Ultimate armor with wings.
>>
>>6342524
At this point I feel like they should go easy on the Dragon Balls and start doing Mega Man with the Figure-rise model kits. Do Digimon too I'm pretty happy with having a bunch of cheaper model kits than a few overpriced action figures.

I guess there are too many lazy people in the world and plamo of everything wont sell?
>>
>Bandai: Dem kids sure loved dat der Truforce. Let's make our own!
>>
>>6342453
Boots at the back.
Shoulder armor at the front sides.
Chest and crotch armor on the front and bottom fuselage of the red thing.

Red fuselage converts into a dog judging from the fold up legs.

Wing Gundam styled shield and wings.
>>
>>6342557
Sentinel had a hand in the production.
>>
>>6342545
>Looks better than the Truforce
Maybe the colors, but nothing else. The giant transparent bits on the arms and legs look tacky and the face is disproportional to the head unlike the Truforce.
>>
This could have been cool as an affordable line where you have a bunch of gimmicky armors to play with but NOT as an overpriced as fuck Chogokin. Also the look of X just isn't that pleasing. I still think Truforce is probably the best looking 6 inch scaled X followed by the D Arts.
>>
>>6342457
This is going to sound really stupid, but this reminds me of those Decade/heisei redesigns of showa villains like Apollo Giest and the ten faced demon.
"Let's modernise a classic design but still have it look kind of iconic" so to say.

Also I'm agreeing with everyone else here, why is this not just a souchaku henshin line for megaman x.
>>
>>6342457
Zero is better
>>
>>6342480
I think that might just be the pose and angle causing that. Looking at the ride chaser photo, the face looks pretty much identical to the D-Arts one.
>>
Ultimate Armor parts combines with Rush to form Ride Chaser.
>>
>>6342656
>Red fuselage converts into a dog judging from the fold up legs.

The more I look at this the more I'm positive this is correct. Even more hype now.
>>
>>6342453
he better not be two-packed with that bike. i got this weird feeling he will
>>
>>6342457
This just seems to have too many panel lines. There a price out for it yet.
>>
>>6343246
I wish for Rightot and Beat 2-pack for extra armors
>>
>>6342457
Those hips look so fucking bad.
>>
>>6342457
his forearms look like they have panels that can be switched with weapons or something. id like something like that
>>
http://sp.tamashii.jp/item/12156/
>Price:12,960JPY
fugg
>>
>>6344577
AHAHAHAHAAAAAA

Fuck off Bandai. I'd be much happier leaving the dead lines of my childhood dead than seeing you try to shamelessly milk them this way.
>>
>>6344577
Went from mild interest to zero interest.
>>
>>6344577
Looks like a cool toy, but fuck that price. Unless it somehow turns out better than Truforce's I'll pass and consider it on sale.

It's a shame. We could've gotten a reboot of the Mega Armor Series, but they're doing this instead. I like the designer's work and I like X, but the two don't quite gel on an aesthetic level.
>>
>>6342554
They should revive the mg figurise line
Seriously the only series in that line right now are
One piece, dragonballz , kamen rider, tiger and bunny.
If they branch out into other series it would benefit them in the long run.
>>
>>6344577
It will be mine
>>
>>6344577
>http://sp.tamashii.jp/item/12156/
>>6344590
>>6344603
>>6344620

Did any of you think some one-and-done Bandai chogokin figure with some huge armor bike wouldn't be like $100?
>>
>>6344667
I'm not surprised by the price. I AM, however, astonished by Bandai's continuing tone-deafness. We didn't want an expensive "one-and-done" chogokin. All we wanted was affordable small-scale model kits that recaptured what we loved about the Mega Armor line as kids.
>>
I'll stick with my Truforce and Sentinel Xs, thanks.

The clumsy and excessively bulky armor panelling doesn't really suit X and the joints look really poorly-designed and exposed.
>>
>>6344678
There is already the 4 Inch Nel Mega Man Legends line from Sentinel. There is no point to redo the wheel to bring the market down.
>>
>>6344577
I know the minute it was revealed with the Chogokin banner this shit would be pricey. I'm just disappointed they didn't go the model kit route like the original line.

Why is Bandai making such disappointing decisions lately.

If it goes on clearance I'll probably pick it up, if by some miracle this actually sells I won't lose sleep over it.
>>
>>6344952
What does the 4 inch nels have to do with that anon wanting modern model kits with swappable armor instead a heap of diecast?
>>
>>6342451

So is it actually on display yet? Haven't seen any pics of it.
>>
>>6344678
>All we wanted was affordable small-scale model kits that recaptured what we loved about the Mega Armor line as kids
how many emails did you send bandai over this? How do you know you're not alone and speaking for the minority?
>>
>>6344952
You mean like doing Mega Man, and only Mega Man, over and over and over and over? Gee, glad nobody's doing that...
>>
File: 02.jpg (151KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
02.jpg
151KB, 640x480px
>>6344952
Like >>6345008 says, they're not even close to the same thing. Mega Armor should be about a line of model kits based on the same "internal frame" with swappable armor. This has literally nothing in common with 4 Inchnel.

Plus, 4 Inchnel also fails on another parallel--affordability. They're pretty fucking expensive for what they are.

>>6345097
Well, I have been a huge fan of the Mega Armor line since I was a kid, and since its discontinuation have have numerous conversations with folks online bemoaning its loss and wishing for a comeback. Not to mention the identical convos I've had here since Giga Armor was announced. And look, even if we WERE just a small group who wanted the kits back, I can tell you one thing for sure: there almost surely wasn't a huge opposing force going "give us another D-Arts Megaman, but now expensive and with a bike and diecast!"
>>
File: 1485726694795.jpg (213KB, 908x820px) Image search: [Google]
1485726694795.jpg
213KB, 908x820px
>the line is pretty much dead before it starts unless a miracle happens
>>
>>6345097
Oh come on dude. You seriously think there is a large audience of people who want ultra premium high priced figures? The reason sales are in the shitter for a lot of lines is precisely because collectors can't afford them anymore. Look at all the Japanese toy reviewers out there who used to buy up nearly everything on DAY ONE but nowadays skip releases altogether and take forever to review stuff they do buy.

Even if we judge the toy on it's own merits it has a VERY gimmicky cheap look to it which would be fine in a line that is gimmicky and cheap since the idea is to buy as many as possible. This design doesn't scream premium like Truforce did even if you didn't love the design they chose. The fact it has diecast and is part of Chogokin means nothing and I am sure a lot will be skipping it.
>>
>>6343118
i might just be sold on that. i always thought x needed his own rush
>>
>>6344577
thats about 60 bucks a fig, if the dog is real then this set is mine
>>
>Giga Armor belongs to new series
>Giga series
>new card game with original story and new armor designs just like the Mega series
Can't wait for the other products
>>
>>6345522
>This design doesn't scream premium like Truforce did
>Truforce
>premium
what
>>
>>6342451

Well, this is makes like six recent and upcoming MMX figures and none of them are ideal. Maybe seventh time is the charm.
>>
>>6342451
>>6342453
>>6342457

I don't get why they wouldn't at least make it look like the ride armor from the games, or do a stylized version of one of the armor upgrades that form a bike.
>>
>>6345662
because it's kind of a given that it transforms with him

it's called GIGA armor for a reason
>>
i really hope this picks up enough steam to be a whole line. imagine the sigma of this line...
>>
>>6345522
I think Chinese manufacturing costs going up are actually a big driver in the push towards premium lines. Costs are driving out more frugal customers anyway, so you might as well milk your hardcore fans for all their worth.

Generally this is used as a market exit strategy because it usually fucks your brand in the ass in the long run. I have no idea how most of the Tamashii lines are going to try to turn themselves around in the next couple years, short of Bandai making big investments in moving over manufacturing to a country that is still more of a developing shithole where you can hire workers for peanuts.
>>
>>6345706
License fee for this is the premium
>>
>supposed to transform
>doesn't have preview images of it transformed on the product page
????????????????????
How are they going to get more sales if they don't show off the fucking gimmick
>>
>>6342457
It's like some autistic kid made a fan art design of the truforce with shitty proportions and bad designed articulation
>>
>>6345190
Well, at least they have a lead on one robot master, some different armors, repaints and they released (or will release) all megaman relevant incarnations (not to count the Lan statue). If they take a next step, it will probably be some robot masters and supporting characters

>>6345423
Don't want to sound rude, but do you have any 4inchnel? Yes they are expensive but imo they are great, and they do have a little level of customization, like the super mm/Cutman pack
>>
>>6345843
>Don't want to sound rude
That wasn't rude. In fact, for this board, that was positively polite. A lot of people would have instead phrased this as "lol your broke ass probably don't even own any 4inchel."

Anyway, yes, I own a few, and they are quite nice. In fact I like the line in general quite a bit. However, I do feel like it's quite overpriced. Sometimes I'm holding my Rockman and I think, "damn, this is the best Rock sculpt that's ever existed." And then I remember that I paid $40 for it and...I just can't justify buying any more. It's so puny and I was sorta underwhelmed by some of the articulation on mine. In particular I feel like they should have figured out something better for Rockman's hips, they have pretty shit range.
>>
>>6345607
You should get one. It's an amazing figure in-hand, and one of the few figures that feels like it's worth more than the asking price.
>>
>>6346075
>>6346075
I really hate this attitude.

People are so stuck on price that they hate good things because they're too pricy or need to justify the figure to everyone, especially themselves, because they spent a lot of money on it.
>>
File: DA004SlVoAAIX1V.jpg orig.jpg (308KB, 2048x1582px) Image search: [Google]
DA004SlVoAAIX1V.jpg orig.jpg
308KB, 2048x1582px
This seals it. The Ride Chaser definitely turns into an MMX-ified Rush.
>>
>>6346159
Price matters. It's called "value" and the pricier something is the higher the perceived quality must be to create value.
>>
>>6346165
Oh, price matters, but to say something isn't good or that it's the greatest ever just because of the price?

Poisoned brain and you see it a lot here on /toy/
>>
>>6346169
Eh...that guy wasn't really saying it was a bad figure though. Just that it had some flaws and the price was high which further magnified those flaws. It's kind of like how people buy that figma Berserker Guts for $200+ and then get disappointed in flaws that weren't a huge deal at the $50 price point. There are definitely people here with sour grapes who call figures outright shit over small flaws because they don't like the price or can't afford things but the complaints about Sentinel are valid IMO. It's an expensive line and the flaws that exist shouldn't happen on a premium high end line which is exactly what 4 inch figures that cost that much are.
>>
>>6346173
When the flaws are the hips not having great range, that's really not really a flaw when he was talking about how it's the greatest sculpt ever.
Do you think Hot Toys have great range from their hips? Mezco One:12s?

It's nitpicking, because the toy cost more than normal... which it really isn't, given how 4" figures in the collectors lines cost anywhere from $20-30 for western figures. For a Japanese 4" line costing $40? That's actually really cheap compared to cost difference between 6" western collector lines and ~6" eastern lines.

And I'm not even defending the toy. I just noticed his complaints about it, since I'm interested in buying it, and just really dislike that attitude.
>>
>>6346181
>Do you think Hot Toys have great range from their hips? Mezco One:12s?
Both are covered in fabrics. Hot Toys aren't even meant to be posed heavily and instructions often times tell you not to use the full range of articulation even if the figure is capable of it because you will break it or damage it.
>It's nitpicking, because the toy cost more than normal... which it really isn't, given how 4" figures in the collectors lines cost anywhere from $20-30 for western figures
Dude. No. $20-30 is the cost of 6-7 inch lines in the west. 4 inch lines are pretty much dead in mass retail and the only lines that exist cater to diehard 4 inch collectors and are made as expensive designer toys in small batches. Before that prices averaged in the $7-15 range. There is a reason Mythic Legions switched to a 6 inch scale and that's because the 4 inch line would have cost almost as much. Kaiyodo shut down Mini Revoltech and Bandai shut down SIC KT for similar reasons.

For people who grew up with $7-15 priced stuff it's pretty bad to pay $40 now. I mean for christ sake you can go grab a SHF Chun Li for $50. The thing is if they just upped the scale these Sentinel figures would probably only have to cost another $10-20 and people would probably prefer that greatly because it'd feel more substantial in their hand and get rid of the few QC related and engineering issues the smaller line has had.
>>
>>6346161
>>Rush

jesus this deal keeps getting worse all the time lol
>>
>>One-off Bandai Chogokin MMX with transforming armor pieces and a bike that transforms into a dog

>>$100 after usual store discounts is somehow outrageous

Do you people even into toys?
>>
>>6346161
you think some of those parts are also parts for X? are they teasing Rush Armor X?
>>
>>6346605
The Ride Chaser definitely stores armor for X. All of the white/gold/purple bits are armor for X for sure.

The red "chassis" however looks to turn into a Rush-like pal for X. Otherwise it'd just be a useless leftover lump of plastic.
>>
>>6346159
I'm anon from >>6345843
Yeah they are a bit overpriced, even more when you are a Brazilian like me. Have you ever tried to tuck the front part of the hip inside the blue "underwear" if you do that he can actually sit and knee pretty well. And thanks, we shouldn't be rude with each other, even on 4chan lol
>>
Sorry >>6345423 marked the answer on the wrong reply, read here please >>6346674
>>
>>6346474
It's not the price of what it is, it's the fact that this isn't what we wanted.
>>
>>6346768
I dunno, this'd be pretty dope if it was like 50-60 bucks.
>>
File: mega why.jpg (435KB, 611x818px) Image search: [Google]
mega why.jpg
435KB, 611x818px
>>6346161
I don't know what's dumber - the possibility of it being an X-ified Rush or someone saying it was a horse.
>>
>>6342451

This seems to fall into that category of like the Chogokin Monster Hunter figure or that girl in the black dress that turns into giant dragon wings. Just weird expensive figures that aren't really going to be a "line."

I can't believe the NXEdge's are what I'm looking forward to the most.
>>
>>6346851
4inchnel VOLNUTT BABY

I'm looking forward to the chogokin and the nxedge figures. They're all grand and I'm happy megaman (as a franchise) is still getting quality figures.
>>
I was reading something saying X and the Gigantic Armor would be sold around $116 together. If so I'm getting it.
>>
File: gayarmor.jpg (272KB, 1200x1140px) Image search: [Google]
gayarmor.jpg
272KB, 1200x1140px
>>
>>6347333
Yeah that looks dumb. Even if this line were really cheap I probably wouldn't get it. At this price there is no way in hell.
>>
>>6347333
>Wing Rinascita Armor X
I don't give a flying fuck about the dog. That armor looks neat
>>
>>6347333
It'd look better if the chest and waist had armor too (and no, that... belt? doesn't count as armor to me). The color scheme is unbalanced, it looks like he has an hourglass figure.
>>
>>6347333
yup, called it. except for Rush X under the armor
>>
>>6346197
>Both are covered in fabrics.
Those Iron Man figures must have the best fabric in the world to look like they're made of metal.
>4 inch lines are pretty much dead in mass retail
The MM figures aren't mass retail though.
>the only lines that exist cater to diehard 4 inch collectors
Yes, those are the current 4" collector lines and they cost $20-30.
>There is a reason Mythic Legions switched to a 6 inch scale
Pretty sure the main reason is He-Man collectors, who have appeared on /toy/ demanding their toys to be in ~1:12. 4H's forum is full of these people and were pretty vocal back then. The toys costing as much as they would in 4" is just A reason, an excuse. As shown and proven, there's a pretty substancial market for these $20-30 4" figures, enough that companies like Boss Fight can actually produce new waves without begging in a Kickstarter, unlike 4H.

>For people who grew up with $7-15 priced stuff it's pretty bad to pay $40 now.
I grew up paying $2, but what does that matter? For imports since Revoltechs, they've always cost 3-4x more than western lines, despite not really being much better and sometimes worse than equivalent lines.

I have no problem in spending that 3-4x cost for well done figures. Sure, the value isn't there, but it never has been. I'm paying for the only way to get a well sculpted, well poseable figure. I'm not going to nitpick over the various things wrong with it, as nothing can ever be perfect, because they gave me exactly what i'd expect.
It's why i've actually considered the Sentinel line over the D-Arts.
If and when they do make a BAD figure, it's not because of the price, it's because the figure doesn't meet certain standards, like the Mega Man Legends figure being way too skinny.
>>
>>6347333
This looks silly, they should have just made the armor pieces completely replace the regular x ones.

X's armors never looked like they were simply snapped on.
>>
>>6347333
If I can bargain bin it, maybe. Not at this price. I was expecting it to look more like the Falcon Armor... not... well... this. It's weird Faux Gundam X.
>>
>>6347333
It's probably a suitable size, so I just want the dog robot.
>>
>>6347394
lets hope itll be sold separately. i dont need another X...
>>
>>6347333
Dammit. I wanted this to be awesome but I'm not feeling that armor at all. Looks like it only covers like, half his body. If you look at him from behind it's gonna look like nothing's attached to him at all. Major bummer. I think I'm gonna skip this.
>>
>>6347333

Hahaha, gross. Too bad they didn't just use one of the game designs.
>>
>>6347553
they kind of did, it looks like Ultimate Armor Copy X
>>
File: AltCopyX.png (1MB, 983x1263px) Image search: [Google]
AltCopyX.png
1MB, 983x1263px
>>6347636
Kinda? But way way worse.
>>
>>6347333
That kibbly shield looks like excess from a shitty transformation from a jet mode. Why did they even include it on the bike?
>>
>>6342453
>>6347333
I thought maybe they had something clever planned but what is with those shins? That fin sticking out above the foot looks retarded.
>>
What the...You don't swap armor pieces but put crap on the regular X instead.

Nothing from the Mega Armor series is inherited.
>>
Holy shit this is one of the most disappointing reveals ever. I was pretty excited when they first announced this shit, and even when it was revealed I was willing to give it a go, but after seeing X with the armor snapped on like that, I think I'm even gonna pass on this. It looks bad. Really bad.
>>
>>6347333

I would get it for the matching MMX and Rush and just throw the armor pieces in the box.
>>
>>6347333
I didn't plan on getting this, but seeing how this looks, I'm sold.
>>
So what part of this is diecast?
If it's the joints that means it's automatically shit
If it's everything else but the joints doesn't mean easy paint chipping with all the clip on parts?
>>
File: TMNT-SH-Figuarts-Diecast-Feet.jpg (49KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
TMNT-SH-Figuarts-Diecast-Feet.jpg
49KB, 960x720px
>>6347937
People on /toy/ have had paint scrap off the Ninja Turtle figures shins without even touching it.
>>
>>6348714

>>no diecast in figuarts for like the last 5 years
>>the ninja turtles have it for some reason

bandai you are weird
>>
>>6348741
Because it's different than what Playmates are doing and it puts them in an entirely different price range.
>>
>>6348714
what a bizarre place to put diecast...it looks so weird seeing these organic bulbous legs and feet in metal. Anyway, I would assume that using this style of ankle would cause tons of paint chipping.
>>
>>6348741
Probably to counteract the top-heavy body of a turtle, you know who has a shell.
>>
>>6347333
I SEE A WHITE
REFRECSHUN
>>
>>6347333

>>can you put a ton of spikes on the arms and legs in such a way that they get in the way of everything?

>>say no more
>>
>fall asleep by mistake
>wake up to see it's already sold out on hlj
Fuck off.
>>
>>6349290
Did not expect this monstrosity to end up selling out its preorders. I guess I underestimated what MMX fans want.
>>
File: Megamission_Armors.png (285KB, 567x481px) Image search: [Google]
Megamission_Armors.png
285KB, 567x481px
>>6347333
They might have been going for a Megamission kind of vibe with the armor attaching on top of X's normal armor instead of replacing it. Honestly I do kinda like the design, although the lack of waist armor makes the armor look top heavy. What's bullshit is the fact that this doesn't feel like a continuation of the Mega Armor series at all. Bandai's giving us a high-end gokin toy when all I wanted was new model kits with swappable armor. The fact that the base X figure doesn't even have an internal frame like the original kits shows that the deigners were completely blind to the appeal that the original kits had in the first place.
>>
>>6349463
The Giga Armor series is the successor of the Mega Armor / Mega Mission series.
>>
>>6347673
Hard disagree. No matter how ugly the Giga Armor looks, it doesn't look as shitty as the MMZ artstyle.
>>
>TFW actually like this

I think this is actually a really badass design, and for getting two armors out of it there's almost an argument for the price? $100 is too steep but $80 I would feel slightly more comfortable about it.

Honestly I'd just settle for a bunch of color variations of X like the Mega Armor Series. More translucent parts please.
>>
>>6350074
>Honestly I'd just settle for a bunch of color variations of X like the Mega Armor Series.

Yeah I still hope Sentinel or someone actually does this at some point.
>>
So, anywhere still even got this up for pre-order? Every site I've looked it's sold out. I hope it'll be easy to find later, or after release even. Get the feeling I'll have to use mandarake in the future at this rate
>>
>>6351438
you must not have looked very hard.
here you go
http://www.anime-export.com/product/36196
>>
>>6351438
>still up on amiami
>inb4 amiami sucks nao!!!!!!
>>
>>6347333
>dog looks like a stupid dragon

H A R D P A S S
A
R
D
P
A
S
S
>>
>>6351683
amiami does suck because they banned me for literally no reason, and stole $300 from me.
>>
>>6351598
Meant to reply to this too, oops. I've never heard of this site from anyone. First I've even seen it linked anywhere. How good are they?
>>
>>6352400
I only hear good things about them from TF threads, but I think you pay up front.
>>
>>6352396
>too stupid to file a credit card chargeback
>>
>>6352396

Details?
>>
>>6352400
They are very reliable, but needs upfront payment. Never had a preorder that they could not fulfill.

BBTS has it too if you want it in the USA
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=BAN17739&mode=retail
>>
File: daffy_duck__1920x1080 (2).jpg (91KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
daffy_duck__1920x1080 (2).jpg
91KB, 1920x1080px
>>6353316
>125$
no
>>
Yo is the 4inchnel line done? No new rumblings? No re-issues?

Truforce also dropped off the face of the earth, but they were hacks anyway.
>>
>>6358468

The Rush units and Cutman were so hype. I hope the line continues to make things that never got a good figure. But if they play it safe hopefully we at least get a Protoman or MMX Zero to go with what's out already.
>>
>>6358468
Starforce Mega went up for preorder like last month, meaning they've already blown through every version of him, I think. Recolors are definite, but hopefully this means some other characters will get some figures.

If the line doesn't already die.
>>
>>6352396
>go on amiami
>order DMG pvc statue
>comes with plenty of paint defects
>try to talk to them about getting an exchange
>even send pictures
>they refuse
>ask /a/ they say I am screwed and should just kill myself
>email Kotobukiya USA or however it is spelled, they forward me to their Japanese homeland branch
>they offer my a free replacement after providing them with pictures claiming it was tinkered with most likely and they apologize
>they also tell me to talk to my bank about reversing my transaction with amiami for the product they gave me
>reverse it
>amiami lost their shit and kept emailing me to pay for the item for weeks

In the end I won and Kotobukiya's staff taught me about business in terms of goods.
>>
>>6358995
I'm guessing you'll have to make a new account on amiami.
>>
>>6358995
>buy expensive as fuck Aegis statue
>it arrives broken in 4 places including the main support structures for her to peg into
>paint is pretty crappy too
>e-mail them and they offer me a refund that only covers the cost of cement and tell me to fix it myself
>write a second e-mail and explain how I don't have the skills to do this and the way it's broken has me wary any fixes will hold
>they give me a full refund minus shipping and soon after de-list the item from the US site because it turns out the clam-shell was a poorly designed piece of shit and they were getting tons of breakages for foreign shipments
Why didn't you just send a second e-mail bro? Their first responses are rarely great unless you manage to get into contact with the right person. Sometimes it just needs to be elevated to someone in a higher position.

Don't get me wrong...Kotobukiya is awesome for helping out but you pulled a dick move getting a statue for free. Kotobukiya gave you a replacement with the understanding you were going to pay for the item. They only told you to do the chargeback because you claimed it was some kind of fraudulent product instead of just shit QC that slipped through the cracks. They don't sell opened items unless it's in the used section and they definitely don't take back stuff and re-sell it.

You're the bad guy here.
>>
>>6359023
>You're the bad guy here.

What? He shouldn't have done a charge back, but amiami could have stopped it from escalating that far if they just gave proper customer service.
>>
>>6359084
>got 2 statues for free and is so fucking paranoid to believe that someone sabotaged his statue apparently
>still not the bad guy
That's worse than fucking over people on paypal to get figure shit
>>
>>6359109
Yeah but if amiami was just compliant about the first faulty figure he wouldn't have had to gone to Kotobukiya, and they wouldn't have suggested he do the charge back.
>>
>>6347333

Rockman wing zero custom
>>
>>6359019
>I'm guessing you'll have to make a new account on amiami.
Not unless he pays with a new PayPal account/card under a different name and ships to a different address. Blacklisting is...blacklisting. If it were as easy as just making a new account with a new email nobody would fear it.
>>
>>6359221
You're either that guy or a massive dunce. AmiAmi had no reason to be compliant with someone who by their post here was probably unreasonable and mentally unhinged. He thinks someone purposely fucked with his statue as opposed to the more reasonable option of it just being bad luck. He then proceeds to get 2 free statues out of the deal and PROBABLY sold the extra for a profit.

It's people like him that make companies stop offering great customer service and become more wary. AmiAmi did the right thing in blacklisting his ass because he'd only give them trouble later. He is the fucking bad guy.
>>
>>6359556
Except this shit still stems from faulty customer service. If AmiAmi had further communicated with the dude shit wouldn't have escalated to that degree. Instead they basically said "tough shit" instead of inquiring further as to what exactly could have happened, or offering him a replacement or something. He's not the bad guy. Shitty customer service is shitty customer service.
>>
>>6348781
>>6348741
>>6348798

see >>6348763

It's all licensing crap that forces companies to do weird things like this.
>>
>>6359834
There was no fucking reason to inquire further. When someone is immediately making up bullshit stories that a scammer would make up there is no reason to give them an inch and create any sort of liability. If the guy had simply said "I got a bad copy, please help" then sent a second e-mail if necessary he would have been fucking helped as the other story about Aegis proved.

HE. IS. THE. BAD. GUY.

Whether by ignorance or some kind of legitimate mental paranoia issue he came off like he was trying to get free shit. AmiAmi has been specifically burned in the past giving out stuff to people like him and cannibalizing their own stock to give free figures to fucking LIARS. What don't you get?
>>
>>6360215
But inquiring further results in keeping customers rather than burning them. If they want to prevent people from scamming them, take down all the details of every fucking customer interaction. This is pretty basic shit here. Still not the bad guy, but you keep telling yourself that. Should he have worded it differently and not come off as paranoid? Well, yeah, it'd be dumb to say otherwise. But should AmiAmi have handled the situation the way they did? Not in a million years. It's shit like this that is making people not trust AmiAmi
>>
>>6360215
Alright there is no way a person can be this ignorant, so I'm just going to assume you are just trolling at this point.

AmiAmi refused to give basic customer service so they ended up getting burned, simple as that. If stores like HLJ and NY can resolve issues simple issues like this without fucking over their customers, why can't AmiAmi.
>>
>>6359518
>new paypal/card
But it's not that hard. New paypal account is just making a new account and you can report your credit card lost to get a new one. Or am I missing something?
>>
>>6361548
AmiAmi also blacklists the address you used, so it isn't necessarily as easy as making a new Paypal account with a new credit card number.

Though I guess nothing is stopping you from shipping it your local post office, if they allow that.
>>
>>6361593
Eh, you could buy a P.O. Box.
>>
>Everyone shitting on it ITT
>I literally just pre-ordered it

I guess I'm a sucker for anything Mega Man related. Did I fuck up?
>>
>>6368375
>I guess I'm a sucker for anything Mega Man related. Did I fuck up?

No, it doesn't look like a bad figure. Majority of people are just disappointed as it didn't live up to their expectations.
>>
File: WIN_20170610_20_09_17_Pro.jpg (272KB, 1811x665px) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20170610_20_09_17_Pro.jpg
272KB, 1811x665px
man I wish they would make more of these.

I want the X2 and X3 armors in the WORST way
Thread posts: 150
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.