[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't we have 3A threads anymore?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 35

File: IMG_3811.jpg (122KB, 750x937px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3811.jpg
122KB, 750x937px
Why don't we have 3A threads anymore?
>>
3A is dead.
>>
Hipster toys
>>
>>6339355

Well I'm broke as shit so I can only buy second hand but I keep up with releases and p grove and the exclusive robot head look cool as fuck.
>>
>heels inside shoes
explain this pls?
>>
>>6339810

Ashley Wood's rampant foot fetish being forced down his customer's throats.
>>
>>6339355
I love the designs, but every one of them is prohibitively expensive.
>>
>>6339355
They haven't made anything interesting in years.
>>
I'm collecting 3zero and 3a figures too, im buying a few second hand figures in the past to compensate my love for these figures.
>>
Ain't nobody got money for that.
>>
>>6339355
Everyone's too busy spending hundreds of dollars on fidget toys
>>
Got this recently for $150 shipped.
I don't play the game, but the design and execution are really appealing.
>>
I lost interest when the Marvel shit starting hitting the fan. They haven't made a good robit for a while now. Its been mostly urban ninja dolls.
>>
File: exiles devils.jpg (422KB, 922x922px) Image search: [Google]
exiles devils.jpg
422KB, 922x922px
what orders are we waiting on, lads?
>>
>>6341034

actually pre ordered a genos three zero figure, but i bought recently the dolphin guy figure
>>
>>6339668
>3A is dead.
It...kind of is.

I used to be the hugest fan, and honestly, still would be if they made shit like they used to...nothing lately has been interesting me. There are SO MANY ThreeA fans who will tell you the exact same story I just did. They just want the company to go back to how it used to be. The only things that interest me anymore are older pieces, and a lot of the ones I want have gotten REALLY expensive. Which isn't hard to understand, seeing as they're not making shit like that anymore.
>>
>>6339847
Not just foot fetish but heel fetish. Someone with a foot fetish would have released some bare foot females by now. He is obsessed with heels.

>>6339810
I didn't even notice at first and assumed they were green socks. Looking at other promo shots makes it more clear and it's beyond retarded. If she had standard shoes i'd of bought this.
>>
File: pgs1-1.jpg (138KB, 750x937px) Image search: [Google]
pgs1-1.jpg
138KB, 750x937px
>>6339355
It's worrying that none of the shots show her bending her knees, not even in this one where it would totally make sense. I wonder if her tights are too skintight to allow it.
>>
>>6341047
Yeah, that's what I meant by dead. I never see anyone talk about 3A anymore, any of the old stuff I used to love is hard as fuck to find now because people seem to have taken to hording it because the new stuff coming out sucks. Kidrobot BST is a ghost town when it used to be pretty nice. It just seems like 3A kind of fell off the face of the planet.
>>
>>6346915

It seems like just two years ago people on Kidrobot were unloading wwrp stuff for like $40 a pop and 1/6 Dropcloths for $130 but that well has dried up. New bot stuff is so few and far between. I'd get the Shitty 9's but after shipping it comes out to like $100-120 for a single wwrp figure.
>>
>>6346967
True. And even the Facebook group doesn't get a lot of new action. I pop in there looking for Portable stuff, and either can't find anything or can't believe the price.
>>
>>6346967
>>6346971
I went back like one page on Kidrobot and was amazed to find a WWRp EMGY Grunt I was looking for for only $60, then I realized one page back was like 9 months ago. Right then I knew 3A was dead.
>>
The 3a employee or the marketer they hired stopped posting.
>>
>>6347037
Say my name
>>
File: nursey1.jpg (184KB, 750x937px) Image search: [Google]
nursey1.jpg
184KB, 750x937px
Nurse looks pretty good actually. It's the first thing I'm actually considering preordering in a long time. I am a big fan of medic, and I like the pouch-bandolier. I don't know how I feel about the two eyes and the big tampo that gets broken up when the head turns.

But anyway, yeah. I've really been waiting for more exciting 1/6 Bertie colorways to hit, so I'm happy about Nurse. The Dirty Dozen was cool in 1/12 because you got them all at once, and they were relatively cheap and small. The 1/6s were cool for a bit, but I got bored of buying them one by one, the whole squad will take up too much room, and I just don't wanna drop that much cash.
>>
>>6348776
Looks good to me as well.
I actually like the Black Onyx skull too. It would make a nice diorama piece for my other figures. $170 is a lot for a hunk of vinyl, though
>>
>>6348787
Yeah, I love the skull too but that price is just too much. I don't want that Pep either.
>>
>>6348776

It looks nice and I like the concept but merging two classic schemes into this seems like a weird fuck-you, especially since 1/6 Berties are so few and far between.

It's like 80% a Desert Bertie just give us that with a gatling gun.
>>
File: image.jpg (37KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37KB, 300x400px
>>6348820
.....what are you talking about? I see no hints of desert faction here at all. this is just straight up medic. are you thrown off because it's not pure white or something? cause I gotta tell you, the shade used on medic has changed quite a bit from release to release. some are whiter, some are grungier and browner.
>>
>>6348862
>I see no hints of desert faction here at all.

If you're not trolling you are in for a hopefully fun surprise lol.
>>
I just got the 3A Die Antwoord set in the mail. Any tips on how to safely remove the head from the female body?
>>
File: image.jpg (63KB, 314x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63KB, 314x500px
>>6348871
could you maybe be clear and just tell me what you mean instead of posting vague statements like that?

the only similarity I see to desert is the brown, and like I said, medic releases over the years have been varying shades of white to brown. medic Armstrong was quite brown. look up medic bramble if you want to see another quite brown bot. if there's something else I'm missing here, please fill me in.
>>
>>6348878

In addition to the colors and the one black foot it has the same chest markings as the Desert. Also Ash called it a "desert medic bertie" in an Instagram reveal post.
>>
Just got my master5 interloper in, havent opened him yet. Yeah pretty dead on the facebook and we havent had a thread here in a while. Was considering buying the faust and dario digi camo set, thank god they finally pulled it from the store this week otherwise I would have given in, 420 was way too expensive and that hurts since i didnt renew membership this year.

Now just considering getting the bothead
>>
>>6348776

Looks like shit. It's like when you asked for a Playstation but got a Polystation and have to pretend to be grateful.
>>
>>6339810
because it's A R T anon.
>>
File: p36137bbicn23.jpg (357KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
p36137bbicn23.jpg
357KB, 1280x853px
I still think one of ThreeA's biggest fuckups to date was the Harold drop. All I wanted was a few of these fuckers in 1/12, but they went and bundled them with the far more expensive 1/6 versions, and never sold them standalone. It has always been very difficult to even find 1/12 Harolds on the aftermarket.
>>
File: IMG_6073_blog.jpg (56KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6073_blog.jpg
56KB, 750x1000px
>>6356543
Also, where the fuck are these guys? I know most of them are just minor retools, but I would have bought em for sure. ESPECIALLY the tall skinny one.
>>
File: faust1.jpg (441KB, 880x1100px) Image search: [Google]
faust1.jpg
441KB, 880x1100px
>>6341034
It'll be a while
>>
>>6341034
fucking nothing
there hasnt been a release ive wanted in a couple years
>>
File: bert.jpg (33KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
bert.jpg
33KB, 400x600px
I need help guys, I have an OG Bertie Dirty Deeds and I usually keep him on top of my bookshelf. I took him down and his right leg post was snapped off and the pelvis was snug against the base, he won't sit on top of the post.

The leg was easy to fix, the snap was on the inside and the glue can be hidden, and I realize now I shouldn't have let his weight sit on a single post forever. But to fix the pelvis, was there a wall at the back of the hole for the stand or was it always hollow and he just held onto the pole with friction? Either way I'm going to find a different stand to hold him by the shoulders from now on.
>>
>>6341034
I had a Golden Square coming in, but canada post lost it, I'm pretty pissed.
>>
File: 1474075906085.jpg (30KB, 330x357px) Image search: [Google]
1474075906085.jpg
30KB, 330x357px
>>6359832
>post lost it
holy shit bro
>>
>>6359812
Even as dead as it is, you'll probably have more luck asking at the 3A forums. I don't think too many of us have OG Berties, we're mostly smalltime 3A collectors here.
>>
>>6359873
>>6359832

I didn't even bother ordering mine lol. Was so hyped to score a Wanka and not only was that itself disappointing the two year wait for a gold 3Ago square sucked.
>>
>>6360066
Alright, I just figured I'd ask here first because despite the shitposting this fucking website usually has better help than other places. Thank you, though
>>
I have an Action Portable JC and I wanna fix his shitty feet issue, you think drilling the holes deeper into the shoe would fix those issues?
>>
>>6360931
Is that the same problem that all of the 3A AP figures have, where the barbell comes out of the shin? If you can hold off until the weekend, I can test it out for you since I have four loose AP bodies coming to me on Friday. I'll drill the shin out on one and pop a String Diver foot in to see if it holds. Those fuckers' feet pop out of their legs (barbell stays in the foot) if I look at them wrong.
>>
>>6359812
>>6360066
>>6360917

Have an OG Bertie, there is a cap to the hole that the peg presses against. Its definitely not friction as mine can spin freely. GL bro
>>
>>6360989
Yes, the same exact issue. I've been meaning to fix it but I have no problem waiting, he is on display anyway
>>
>>6360996
Cool cool. I plan to use boots on the bodies I'm getting, otherwise I'd try this out now with the String Divers I've got.
>>
>>6360129
The 3ago part is absolute bullshit, but whatever, I figured if I really hated it I could sell it at least. Doesnt matter now though.
>>
>>6360994
Fuuuck, I'm just going to try making a long peg to fit deep enough in the hole so the stand can still fit. Hopefully that way it will have a lot for the glue to bond to so it won't come apart any time soon. Thank you, anon
>>
File: 1309547483500.jpg (250KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1309547483500.jpg
250KB, 1600x1200px
>>6360931
>>6360989
The problem is that the cups are FAR too shallow. To be honest, I can't really see any easy fix, at least without sacrificing some mobility. My absolute best guess would be to use a dremel with a very small round ball burr head to slightly widen and deepen the cup. Do it in small increments and test fit a lot. This will be really risky cause the walls of the cup are very thin as is. And be sure to use a ball burr, not a drill! You need to round out the walls so they'll accept the balljoint properly, not just make it deeper.

Myself, I've just made peace with the ankles for the most part. They're annoying, but at least they mostly stay in place once you get em in a good pose. It's not ideal, I wish APTKs were more easily pick-up-and-play figures, but at least something works.
>>
>>6361785
I do have a dremel, and that was my original plan, but I'm waiting until the hero known as Anon
>>6361022
>>6360989

comes through with some ideas.
>>
File: IMG_3949.jpg (109KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3949.jpg
109KB, 1000x750px
>>6364479
>>6361785
Just got my bodies and parts in, and here's my conclusion:

The foot peg measures 3.46mm in diameter.
The foot socket measures 3.19-3.25mm (couldn't get a super accurate reading with my shitty plastic caliper) in diameter and is a perfect cylindrical shaft until it hits a beveled edge that stops it going further up the shin. There is no lip at the bottom of the foot keeping it in.

I've only got a 1/8" (3.09mm) drill bit at my disposal. I hand-cranked it into this body's left shin with a pin vice, but I'm unable to get it to bore out any further without risking shattering the socket. Since the peg stays put by the pressure of the socket around it, you could conceivably just bore straight up into the socket to get it to stay put a little better. However, you'd then need to also lengthen the little divot that's on the back of the socket, because it appears it's there to give the socket a little flexibility so that the peg doesn't cause a stress fracture. Think of the socket as one of those rubber ping-pong-ball guns. The peg is only held in by friction and pressure, but the socket is compressing it and wants to spit it out.

The other anon's recommendation of a ball burr stands, but the tolerances are so minute that if you make the expanded socket any wider than it needs to be, you'll have a sloppy loose ankle that you'll need to shim up with clear acrylic or floor polish.
>>
File: IMG_1726.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1726.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Only collect 1/12 because I'm a cheap bastard and I love the scale. Wish he would throw us a bone every now and then, the only exclusive we have is the Pinky 3.5 Bertie and the release schedule is retarded
Regardless, I got the TK Hunter (secondhand) because I figure it will be the biggest and most "deluxe" 1/12 scale figure produced (ps I know it's also considered 1/6 scale)
Really love it
Here he is holding a TK and next to a NOM de plume
>>
>>6348820
I was thinking about this post earlier today and it sort of hit me. >>6348776 is incredibly cool to me because it seems like a Desert bot that was REPURPOSED into a Medic bot, all slapdash and shit. Lore-wise it's pretty neat. Yeah, I see where you're coming from, you'd rather we get two separate releases, but nobody has said we won't--Nurse seems like a standalone character more than a generic bot troop builder after all.
>>
Hey, I'm new to /toy/ and I'm totally new to 3A. I only found out about the brand the other day. I mostly collect figma and 1/12 trash, and I thought 3A was just overpriced BS, especially because I came into toys right when that Dresden Lady bullshit came out. My first impression of 3A was pretty bad.

Still, I only got into toys because I have too much money and no hobbies but work.

So, what are your favorite 3A toys of all time? 1/12 preferred but whatever.
>>
>>6372847
Previously owned:
>AP Fighting JC
>AP Popbot 4-way set
>AP DIY de Plume
>AP Yellow Hornets set and spares
>1/6 Finger Gang #10
>AP Bramble..some kind of yellow..
>AP Jungler Dropcloth X2
>lots of random body parts for 1/6 and 1/12

Currently own:
>AP DIY Caesar
>lots of nude AP bodies, some boots, hands
>2X String Divers

Of all of those, the Bramble was probably my favorite. It had a big-ass RPG, the detailing was excellent, and it was really striking. Close second was the DIY de Plume because it just felt good in-hand and was surprisingly versatile.
I want to get another Caesar, but I'm scared that I'll dislike the painted ones as much as I dislike the DIY I've got. Its soft vinyl body literally ruins the figure because you've got to heat it up to get the head off, and then it's a struggle to get the body straightened.

If you get into the humanoid AP figures, invest in some Stage Act 4 stands.
>>
File: 1297852377019.jpg (108KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1297852377019.jpg
108KB, 768x1024px
>>6372847
Since you're new, be aware that AP = Action Portable, or 1/12 scale.

AP human figures are cool, but be aware that their ankles are kind of poorly designed and pop out VERY easily. You can just pop em back in but it's kind of a pain to do it every time you wanna change pose. If you can deal with that though, the APTKs and Plumes are really fucking cool.

My favorite 1/12 figures are probably my Brambles (like the guy above said, they're excellent) and my Popbot. Popbot is just ridiculously poseable and fun. I also really like my Large Martins--even though they're not the most poseable, they are nice and clunky and imposing. AP Caesars are REALLY nice figures, and would make a good first bot. I'm not a fan of AP Dropcloths, they're just too little and fiddly and their fingers are scary small. I feel like I'm gonna break them.

Also, a tip: if you don't care about canon scale, you can get one big 1/6 bot and have a bunch of little 1/12 figures attacking it, it creates a cool sense of scale.

>>6372973
Wait...what? Why are you prying the head off? For repainting I assume? Cause like...I have an AP Caesar too, and I've never had to do any of that stuff. It's just a solid figure.
>>
File: Mongrol03.jpg (246KB, 1296x864px) Image search: [Google]
Mongrol03.jpg
246KB, 1296x864px
>>6372847
Oh, and I forgot to mention, perhaps my favorite 1/12 ThreeA figure of all time is the AP Mongrol. It's incredibly satisfying just to hold, it poses well, the paintjob is impeccable. It's just a fantastic figure.
>>
>>6373545
Because it came packed with the dome head and I wanted the flat head on it. I still haven't painted the thing, and probably never will. It's solid, sure, but overall, I found it to be a busy, cumbersome figure after coming off of the portable Phobos Defense Bramble (finally remembered what it was) and the admittedly brittle portable Dropcloths.

So it's been in a box for the past couple of years.

I really dig that shot you posted. If I could bring myself to set aside the cash for a 1/6 Bramble I would. Though I'm thinking I really need the AP Dead Horse and rider set.
>>
File: 5342276004_859d4a6d40_b.jpg (361KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
5342276004_859d4a6d40_b.jpg
361KB, 768x1024px
>>6373679
I have a 1/6 Heavy Bramble and it's the most impressive thing in my collection, but it also takes up a shit-ton of space with that gigantic RPG launcher. I usually end up displaying it without, which is a shame, but who has shelves that deep?

Anyway, you encouraged me to play with my Caesar again and it's really not much of a pain IMO. I have a one-shield version and it doesn't get in the way much. It mostly just poses like a slightly thicker Dropcloth honestly.
>>
>>6372973
do you have any AP sized boots or shoes you'd sell or trade me?
>>
>>6373960
Cross-post from Customs General? I only have the one pair, but I'd recommend scoping out eBay. The 3A BST Facebook page is pretty slow and unless you really specify what you're after you might wind up with something you don't need when it comes to 1/12 parts. And the KidRobot 3A BST is a wasteland, especially for 1/12 parts.
>>
>>6373719
Fuck, I can't imagine what the dies for that launcher look like.

As for the Caesar, maybe it's just a matter of taste, or maybe the DIY version is a little..not great? Or maybe mine is just fucked. Maybe my experience would have been better with a pre-painted version.
>>
>>6372973
>>6373545
Alright, so far I've ordered:

>AP Fighting JC
>2 AP Brambles
>AP Mongrol
>Popot because I found one with a really cool paint job.
>>
>>6374423
Nice! Don't get discouraged by JC's ankles. You might want to pick up stand for him if you don't have any laying around. And that Popbot, maybe.
>>
>>6374501
Is there any way to fix the ankles?
>>
Does anyone know whether Dark Matter Lass is any good?
>>
>>6374504
Not really. We covered it in these posts:
>>6361785
>>6365342
JC has the same ankles. You could try any of the things we covered there, or try putting Pledge/Future or clear acrylic into the socket, but I can't believe that will help since it's an issue of the tolerances being too tight and the clearance being very shallow. The figures with boots don't have this issue at all because the boots just slide over the shin and have no articulation other than an innate swivel. Female figures for the most part don't have this issue either, since they've got a joint similar to the wrist joint, but the problem there is that the feet are awkward.

Bots, for the most part, don't have any issues with their ankles. I will mention that the GID Whisper Ghost Popbot's ankles and other joints (especially wrists) can loosen up with repeated movement since there is not especially any paint on the figures.
>>
>>6374423
If you got an AP Popbot the ankles might be a bit on the loose side. Get ahold of some Pledge floor polish, dip something very thin but durable into it, and wedge it into the cracks of the ankle joint to try to spread some polish in there. Wipe away the excess with a paper towel and let it dry (don't worry, it won't freeze up the joint like glue would).

Also, you made some pretty good choices there I think. Good shit.
>>
>>6374423
Be careful with the shin-guard rings on the Mongrol. They don't fall off particularly easily but they can come off if you mess with/bump into them, and they're a little bit of a pain to put back on.
>>
I like how this thread turned into "how to fix your new 3A purchases".
>>
>>6341034
I'm waiting on this badass
>>
File: 20160106_104458_resized.jpg (369KB, 918x1632px) Image search: [Google]
20160106_104458_resized.jpg
369KB, 918x1632px
>>6375289
man I was tempted but I have the other troopers already
>>
whenever i see 3a shit I really get this desire to sell all my figmas and move to 3A stuff.
>>
>>6375361
I mean, do as you wish, but it's probably best to dabble in both. ThreeA shit is playable but I mostly display it, I mess with my Figmas on a much more regular basis.
>>
>>6375289
I kind of wish I'd ordered this. I say there's been no ThreeA releases I've wanted in a long time, but I've actually had...non-buyer remorse for a few of them recently. This is one of them.
>>
>>6375385
I mean, I play with my figmas very rarely cause I'm barely home from work. I'm also starting to get tons of people visiting and having a cool display rather than lolis seems like a cool idea haha
>>
File: 1304663795695.jpg (209KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
1304663795695.jpg
209KB, 480x640px
>>6375424
Fair point I suppose. Still, it might be cool to keep a few around to stand/sit on bots for scale or just to mix up the display a little. Up to you ultimately.
>>
>>6375424
>>6375437
This is exactly the scenario where you'd want Mongrol, Harold, a Bertie, Bramble or Caesar laying around. Especially 1/6. They're showpieces in that scale, and I've found that depending on the deco, regular people can get really intrigued. Also, a couple of 1/6 Squares (like Fat Cloud and the Valve Companion square) would go really nicely with Nendos.
>>
>>6339355

Back in the good ol' days I used to be the OP of the 3A threads most of the time and I would keep them up to date with all of the latest news and pics and whatnot. They were my favorite toy company in the world and they were still kind of a small startup at the time so I liked shilling for them cause I wanted more people to check it out and I was really happy when things started to pick up and more and more people started posting in the threads, and then they started becoming a bigger and bigger company and it was really exciting.

But somewhere along the way between me getting older and having more responsibilities and having to be more discerning about my toy budget and them getting more and more boring they just completely lost my attention. And I think the same thing happened with a lot of people. At a certain point they went from feeling like a company that was churning out new cool robot designs all the time and lots of unique characters to a company that as far as I could tell was primarily just making a million different Isobelle Paschas that all looked the same to me and old stuff I already had but in new scales, and eventually lots of really ugly redesigns of licensed stuff, and the frequency of them putting out anything new and interesting to me became very very low, which is okay and on some levels is kind of good since I no longer have the budget to like buy their shit all the time now that I'm an actual adult and don't live with my parents like I did when they first hit the scene, but ultimately they just stopped being a company that makes shit that I like often enough for me to actually actively pay attention to them and instead are a company that like maybe once a year or less I will notice them making something kind of cool and I probably don't even end up buying it because it's expensive lol
>>
>>6376564
You're basically me exactly. I could have written this post.

>And I think the same thing happened with a lot of people
Yeah...everything kinda imploded. I felt the decline hardest around the time the Glyos community went downhill, oddly enough. It felt like the two biggest obsessions in my life were self-destructing.

Honestly, I'm paying more attention to ThreeZero these days. Yeah, it's mostly licensed stuff, which doesn't really scratch that old ThreeA itch, but at least it feels like Kim still cares.
>>
>>6376564
>>6376877
Are you both me?
>>
>>6376564
>>6376877
>>6376883
Yep.
The Isobelle stuff soured me. And that came maybe a few months after they did the Parade licensed clothing dolls, which looked really amazing. I feel like Isobelle was Ash's misguided attempt to cash in on that fervor. But the fact he shoved so much fetish and sexuality into something that really could have been his big crossover success was a real letdown. And that's when I stopped looking at 3A.

Also, being a 1/12 collector, the inability to obtain any of the AKAP stuff either at a reasonable aftermarket price, or as single carded figures really disheartened me.
>>
>>6377554
>the inability to obtain any of the AKAP stuff
Yeah, seriously. I feel like wave 2 really flew under the fucking radar, I didn't really see photos posted of those figures or ever see them for sale on the aftermarket. It's a real shame too cause there were some good looking ones in there.
>>
File: IMG_20170618_182319495.jpg (3MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170618_182319495.jpg
3MB, 4160x2340px
I only started collecting 3A at the beginning of this year but I've racked up a bunch surprisingly quick and for way cheaper than I thought. The most expensive for me was the Tracky JC which was a grail of mine for long time. All the others were bought off the BST, the 3A BST on facebook or kitbashed from parts off of ebay.
>>
>>6379202
Can I get a shot/ID on blonde JC's shoes? The whole lineup looks great.
>>
Mostly 3A hasn't been doing much good, last thing I bought was Ultron and he was awesome looking, but not as good as doom. Thye've all been kinda mediocre since tk ronins 1/6th aside from that Captain America and the starwars troopers.
>>
Are they ever going to release another Dirty Deeds?

That is a rhetorical question 3A is dead.
>>
File: IMG_20170619_081942414.jpg (428KB, 2160x1215px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170619_081942414.jpg
428KB, 2160x1215px
>>6379480
Thanks, JC's boots are from the Gebi de Plume.
>>
File: IMG_5622.jpg (426KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5622.jpg
426KB, 1600x1200px
Bought the 1/12 DIY De Plume to do a custom a while back. Kind of miss the grungy soldier aesthetic the line used to have.
>>
File: IMG_5840.jpg (504KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5840.jpg
504KB, 1200x1600px
>>6379202
That's a nice collection!

>>6380014
Another pair I did up using parts from other figures.
>>
File: IMG_20170620_081210563.jpg (848KB, 2160x1215px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170620_081210563.jpg
848KB, 2160x1215px
>>6380020
Thanks! I've got a few others waiting on body parts/clothes...
>>
>>6380014
>>6380020
I've always liked your customs, it feels like they came out of a WWII-era Soulsborne world.
>>
File: DSC02223 - Copy.jpg (179KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
DSC02223 - Copy.jpg
179KB, 900x600px
I just got one of these String Diver guys for ten bucks. Someone had mislabeled it (as Tube Heroes of all things) and then it was also on clearance. I didn't even know 3A was doing Micronauts figs.
>>
File: DSC02226 - Copy.jpg (154KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
DSC02226 - Copy.jpg
154KB, 500x750px
>>6383940
>>
>>6383940
>>6383964
How does the mask stay on? I've always had my eye on the String Divers.
>>
File: IMG_4005.jpg (250KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4005.jpg
250KB, 750x1000px
>>6383940
>>6383964
$10 is fucking great for those. I had to hold myself back on some $20 ones that were on eBay a few weeks ago. Here are my clothed String Divers that I was lucky enough to get here in the BST.
>>6384141
They just kind of snug on, but not very well. I pulled mine out and replaced them with cut pieces of a dead iPhone cable. They're now running for safety.
>>
>>6383940
>>6383964
>>6384267
How are the String Diver bodies? Do the ankles have the annoying popping off problem? Also, do those ankle joints get ok range or what?
>>
>>6384293
They're the same parts as all the other 3A humans, so expect the same ups and downs.
>>
>>6384141
Eh. Not too great. But I can't complain at that price. I was never much into Micronauts, but they do look cool. And these are pretty large compared to the originals. Somewhere I got a Godzilla one with a Micronaut in the suit. Also the Catwoman and Batman ones.
>>
File: DSC02237 - Copy.jpg (120KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
DSC02237 - Copy.jpg
120KB, 400x600px
>>
>>6384394
Well, I was asking because the way the feet are designed LOOKS like the barbell might go down a little further into those feet, which I thought might help with that problem.
>>
>>6384545
They do, a little, but the real problem is where they peg into the lower leg, which is still too shallow.
>>
hey, dudes! was trying to find this info on 3a's site but they don't filter by scale.

What / how many figures are 1/12? I don't like 1/6 too much but I do like the designs.
>>
>>6385003
If it's called "Portable" or the name has a conspicuous P on the end, it's 1/12.
(Ex: WWRP=World War Robot Portable)

"3AGO" is 1/8 scale.

Everything else is 1/6th scale.

I'm a collector but not a devotee, so if I've made any mistake here please correct. Regardless, the product description on Bamba usually has the scale listed.

If you're only after 1/12 you probably want the WWRP and Action Portable figures.
>>
>>6341047
100% Agree. After the second year of being a 3AA member, I realised I just wasn't buying anything anymore. So many crappy sex dolls that appeal to no one at all. The smaller Judge Dredd and Death figures where the only thing I've bought from them in forever.
>>
>>6381983
Thanks! I was kind of going for that feel, glad it got translated over.

>>6387450
Agreed. I miss the old weatherbeaten aesthetic that gave the line a fairly unique feel early during the production.
>>
>>6339810
Wait, is this an upcoming 3A thing? I'm confused.

I've never really been into 3A anything nor have I bought their figures so I'm really not sure. Though I know a bit about Ashley Wood's... fetishes, shall we say.
>>
>>6387450
Did you open the 2000AD figures? I've seen them for sale literally everywhere (not necessarily ON sale, but for sale, even at my LCS) and I've been tempted by Death and Mortis.
>>
File: pgs2.jpg (147KB, 750x937px) Image search: [Google]
pgs2.jpg
147KB, 750x937px
>>6387605
They were talking about this upcoming Pep, which is wearing high heels stuffed into sneakers.
>>
File: IMG_6717.jpg (459KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6717.jpg
459KB, 800x600px
I know it's actually Threezero, but has there been any indication of a new Full Metal Ghost? Those have been my favorite things bought in the last few years.
>>
File: 1452137373425.gif (1018KB, 180x170px) Image search: [Google]
1452137373425.gif
1018KB, 180x170px
>>6356545
I entirely forgot about these, anon. Why'd you have to do this to me?
Thread posts: 116
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.