[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pirates of the Caribbean Toys

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 7

File: P2191283.jpg (170KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
P2191283.jpg
170KB, 1000x563px
Can we get a thread started for these?

It's been a long time since I've seen a non-superhero/transformers/tmnt toyline in stores and I gotta say some of these ships look super cool. Really disappointing they didn't go for a floating gimmick with the ships. I understand that they're really more like tiny playsets than they are vehicles but it seems like such wasted opportunity to not make the pirate toy line float in water

The Silent Mary Ghost Ship is definitely the best thing to come from the line so far. The second I get the cash, that thing is mine

Anybody else feel the same about the toy line? I'm excited for the new movie and a lot of these toys look pretty cool, especially the lego sets they're putting out, so I'm surprised nobody on /toy/'s talking about them
>>
Looks like one of those cool old Fisher Price pirate ships. I can certainly dig it
>>
See the problem is. There really aren't any toys for this movie. There is that set you mentioned, a couple shitty imaginext tier toys that go with it.

And the Lego Silent Mary. That's it

And I have heard NO plans for future toys aside from Hot Toys releasing Jack Sparrow...again

So I'm really not thinking POTC deserves it's own toy thread...
>>
oh shit that looks like something 10 year old me would have wanted, Pirate Ship toys are so fucking cool.
>>
>>6339074
The Lego version is far superior. Of course you have to pay $150 more for it, but it's waaaay better than that thing
>>
>>6338742
Is there any Barbossa?
I'm so sorry now for not getting any toy of him :(
R.I.P.
>>
>>6339652
There was a Barbossa figure released for At World's End and On Stranger Tides. The sculpts aren't all that great, but the On Stranger Tides one bears a passing resemblance to Geoffrey Rush.

There was also one made by NECA which has a much better face sculpt. He's a bit harder to track down though.

You can get the On Stranger Tides figure new on eBay for pretty cheap still

Also, humorously, Disney released a figure of Stitch as Captain Barbossa. But that is an older figure and much more expensive.
>>
>>6339661
>>6339652
Oh, and according to BBTS, Diamond Select will be releasing a Barbossa from Dead Men Tell No Tales in September.

But if you want a Barbossa from the Curse of the Black Pearl appearance, you'll need to track down the NECA one
>>
>>6339652
Wait!?!!! Is he...you know...death?
>>
>>6338860
They tried that in 1:18 scale and it was poa dogshit.
>>
>>6338742
Why they didn't make a new toy of Davy Jones for this movie?
>>
>>6342976
Becuz he is dead.
>>
>>6342977
Rethink your comment. ;) He has returned....
>>
>>6343044
only in a post credits scene. That would be like Howard the Duck getting a figure because he was in a post credits scene from the first Guardians of the Galaxy.

Then again, it's Davy fucking Jones, the realest nigga that ever cursed the sea. So I'd be happy to see more merchandise of him
>>
>>6343145
Wait,how is he back?
>>
>>6343044
he died? i thought they just took his heart locker and never returned it
>>
>>6343219
No, he got killed and replaced by Orlando Bloom. Did you not see the end of the movie?
>>
>>6343214
He is free.
>>
>>6343226
How?
>>
>>6343214
The end of the movie involves all sea curses being broken. He is one of those curses. I'm not going into all the details but that's why he's supposedly back to life
>>
>>6338742
This movie was great! I loved it!
I hope that we get the sixth one with Davy Jones as villain! And a good toy line. I hope that I will find the spin master toys.
I would have loved to see a ghost kraken like the spin master toy or a skeleton.
>>
>>6343145
>Then again, it's Davy fucking Jones, the realest nigga that ever cursed the sea.
I couldn't have said it better anon. I want Jones merchandise.
>>
Will there be more toys?
>>
>>6347857
Figuarts JUST revealed a very good Pirates 5 Jack, so maybe.
>>
>>6347845
Me too. Davy Jones is the most iconic villain in the franchise.
>>
>>6347880
I agree. I really hope that six is happening,maybe we'll get finally a Flying Dutchman lego set. One can only dream,right?
>>
>>6338742
Man,how much is this toy? It looks awesome!
>>
>>6347889
I think around 30$.
>>
Are there any Funko or plushies based on Salazar's Revenge?
>>
>>6347899
Funko yes.
Plushies no.
>>
>>6338742
Neat.
>>
Any thoughs on the movie and on the toy line? How would have you made it better?
Here is mine:
Big Lego wave
Hasbro makes action figures and playsets
Hot Wheels cars
Lego CCBS figures
Pirate ship kits
Funko
Plushies
Other stuff:
Two apps
One videogame/lego videogame
Also,I loved this movie so much!
>>
So no Captain Salazar?
>>
>>6338742
Diamond Select has cancelled the Pirates Select line
>>
>>6353690
motherfuck...WHY?!

I was really wanting that goddamn Barbossa!
>>
I need to rant for a second here.

I cannot fathom why Disney spends so much on these POTC movies and are so passive when it comes to marketing them.

I mean, when there is an animated movie, or a princess movie, Disney AGGRESSIVELY advertises the movie. But POTC barely gets anything. And I honestly don't understand why.

I would LOVE a good Salazar figure. Even a statue!

Let's review what this latest blockbuster has in the way of marketing tie-ins

- One lego set
- 2 Lego Brickheadz
- 2 pirate ship playships that look like they were made by Imaginext + a couple of figure sets
-A Figuarts Jack Sparrow
- Hot Toys Jack Sparrow (again)
-Diamond Select Jack and Barbossa (OOPS! NEVERMIND! FUCKING CANCELLED!)

I don't understand it. Disney drops BOATLOADS of money to make these movies happen. And they aren't trying to get another slice of pie? And this is Disney we're talking about. The company that will do everything in it's power to get your money, by taking any given product and slapping Mickey Mouse on it
>>
>>6353690
Hold on where is your source for this as all other toy sites lists them as good to go, like Toyark, Toynewsi, etc so where is your sauce?
>>6353865
>>6353985
>>
>>6354035
I don't know what that anon's source is but on Entertainment Earth, it says they are cancelled.

That's the only source I can find saying they are cancelled
>>
File: IMG_0082.png (128KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0082.png
128KB, 750x1334px
>>6354035
Some guy tweeted asking them and this was their response on twitter
>>
>>6354412
>SupremeDonalTrump
>DiamondSelect
>PotC
>Cancelled
Top kek
>>
>>6354035
Also on minimates multiverse Zach said the line was cancelled due to likeness troubles with Salazar and that messing up the plan for the line.
>>
>>6354421
Here it is on their twitter timeline, this really sucks I wanted some good figures. Maybe Diamond can redo the wave excluding Salazar
>>
File: IMG_0085.png (602KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0085.png
602KB, 750x1334px
>>6354432
Forgot pic
>>
>>6353985

> can't tell the difference between MARKETING & LICENSING

Just because you pitch something to manufacturers doesn't mean they'll bite. Especially if the licensing fees and royalties are high.

There are shitloads of giant licenses for grabs for movies this year. Guardians of the Galaxy. Wonder Woman. Thor. Justice League. The Last Jedi. If I were a business I'd hedge bets on those. Pirates 4 was kinda shit, after all.
>>
>>6354443

Wait, there's also Spider-boy. And Banana babymen the threequel.
>>
>>6353985
Well in 2006/2007 Pirates Of The Caribbean toys were everywhere by two company's zizzle and Neca, Stranger Tides also had a lego line and action figure line. Dead Men Tell No Tales got little because Stranger Tides merchandise didn't so so good but the Dead Men Tell No Tales toys have been selling good in my area so if the sales are good you bet the next movie will have more merchandise.
>>
>>6354428
Did Javier Bardem not want to grant his likeness or were they having trouble making a Salazar figure that looked good?

Cause I could sort of see that messing up plans. He is the main villain, and an awesome villain at that.

Still. a lot of people wanted that Barbossa (he was sold out at BBTS, at least)
>>
>>6354460
I hope that the cancellation of this line doesn't mean that DST will give up trying to make a Pirate Select line maybe they could do figures based off other movies. Also I believe he Salazar figure was probably not going to happen due to likeness rights as DST has released figures that are inaccurate to the source material but cancel figures over likeness rights.
>>
>>6354465
One can hope. I wouldn't mind an Ian McShane Blackbeard figure.

So does that mean Bardem wouldn't give his likeness? I have to wonder why not. He really wanted to be in this movie, according to an interview. I realize that's not the same thing as selling likeness rights for a toy, though. Or maybe his price was just too high. I dunno. sucks though. I really want a Salazar figure and if Hot Toys manages to make one, it will be a DAY FUCKING ONE preorder for me.
>>
>>6354488
It might have been likeness not being in his contract and DST not wanting to pay for a separate likeness right
>>
File: download.jpg (7KB, 243x208px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7KB, 243x208px
> The face when no Salazar figure
> The Face when you will never have a spoopy ghost pirate (hunter) action figure
> Javier Bardem is going to play frankenstein's monster and the same problem might happen again.
>>
>>6338742
Did anyone pick up the new Minimates
>>
Well Diamond Select said on their twitter their are no longer plans for Pirates Of The Caribbean stuff in the future and no chance for Select figures in the future. So Diamond Select i guess is only going to make one wave of minimates.
>>
>>6338742
Diamond Select said on twitter no Pirates stuff planned in the future and no chance of a Select line happening at any time. This really sucks it seems diamonds already done with a property that could spawn lots of merchandise. I guess that means only one wave of the minimates too.
>>
>>6354437
>>6354432
Those tweets can't be found anymore, and you can still pre-order Barbarossa and Jack on BBTS and Amazon so are they really canceled?
>>
>>6360020
Um...I still can find the tweets.

And BBTS is notorious for leaving pre-orders up for months even if a product has been cancelled (DC Icons are a perfect example. hell, I JUST got an email 2 weeks ago from them letting me know that my Icons preorders were cancelled. And DC announced they were cancelling the Icons months ago)
>>
File: 1455261437923.png (87KB, 500x503px) Image search: [Google]
1455261437923.png
87KB, 500x503px
>Tfw no decent quality Davy jone figure, only a fucking POP

My favorite cinema villain and I can't even get him on my desktop with my other villains
>>
File: davy jones.jpg (12KB, 219x230px) Image search: [Google]
davy jones.jpg
12KB, 219x230px
>>6360571
not true.

There is a Hot Toys Davy Jones and a NECA Davy Jones

(good luck finding the Hot Toys one.) The NECA one is your best bet. Be forewarned, the NECA one is pretty old, you're gonna have to pay around $50 for it new. But if he's your favorite cinema villain, this shouldn't be too terrible of a price for a good representation for him

If you want one that doesn't look like absolute shit like the FUNKO and is good for a desk toy, I recommend the Disney Infinity Davy Jones. He's very cartoony, but he does look good. If you want realism, you're gonna need NECA

Zizzle made a couple Jones figures too, but frankly, I think they look awful (pic related) his crab claw is FAR too big, and he has way too many tentacles on his beard
>>
>>6360585
>NECA jones

Oh shit. Whats his scale?
>>
>>6360587
standard NECA scale, which I think is 1/12?

Anyway, he's 5-6 inches tall

They also made a 12 inch version. Not sure how much that one runs nowadays though. I'm positive it's cheaper than the Hot Toys one though. if you can even find someone selling the Hot Toys one
>>
>>6360587
>>6360602

forgot something. They also made a couple of his crew. I believe specifically they made Maccus (the hammerhead shark man), Palifico (the coral reef pirate), Bootstrap Bill, and Clanker (no specific sea creature. covered with barnacles)
>>
>>6360602
>If you can even find the hot toys one

I did actually, for about $1200
>>
>>6360608
yyyyeah.... So, I'd look for the NECA one, in your case
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.