[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Glyos General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 317
Thread images: 63

File: Selogo-Colonists.png (2MB, 1400x981px) Image search: [Google]
Selogo-Colonists.png
2MB, 1400x981px
>Recent
Onell- Legos space tribute
Kabuto Mushi- Xray man tampos; new colors

>Onell Drop
End of June
>The Gendrones will make their return as we cross into the second half of the year. They're just busy preparing for the appearance of something long since since destroyed..."

>Ongoing Topics
Matt responds to suggestions
Show off builds
Colors you want to see again

>Want to know more?
onelldesign.blogspot.com
glyosconnect.org
glyos.wikia.com
>>
>>6338642
>http://onelldesign.blogspot.com/2017/05/thank-you.html
>Some folks really long for the days of detail lines, Passcodes, comics, release lists and massive waves of vinyl. Those options are very limited now or are no longer feasible, but we have continued to push things in different directions, not just with our own line, but with our sister companies as well. It's easy to forget, but Glyos has been in a state of metamorphosis since its inception, with each year producing a different variation and focus. Gradual, yes, but still changing and growing at a steady pace.

>Over the last decade, we've seen some intense shifts in our hobby, and just as much on the business side of things. Running an operation like this and being able to survive depends almost solely on your ability to change and evolve under intense pressure. Obstacles arise weekly, as any small business owner can attest to. Cash flow is always tight, especially if you want to keep vital. Decisions have to be made that you know won't please everybody, but you do what's best for the majority of the ship so the mission can continue.

>It's never been my intention to shut people out or exclude opinions. I truly value every piece of advice, and though sometimes painful to hear, each and every criticism. We don't live in a vacuum and never have. Some viewpoints are extremely myopic, others are dead on, but at the end of the day, they are all personal perspectives on something we choose to do and are 100% responsible for. For better or for worse.
>>
File: 422201711319.jpg (162KB, 960x587px) Image search: [Google]
422201711319.jpg
162KB, 960x587px
I love detail lines but I understand they've become prohibitively expensive I guess. And I'm alright with just doing them myself. I just hope we see a return to some nice "real type" color swap waves rather than entirely painted pieces. I just worry they'll rub in my pocket and ruin the paint. The most recent wave was a step in the right direction imo.

Also, I've been carrying these callgrims around with me and they have basically become my favorite Glyos figures. The one thing that I would improve is that I think the callgrim head should have a port on the back just like the order head. It would really crank up the contained build possibilities. I'm honestly considering just drilling a port myself.
>>
I can't think of a better dude in the geek world than Matt Doughty.
>>
My order just arrived! Got a blue Hub Set & Axis Set as freebies, presumably to go along with the basic blue Glyan I ordered. I like how there's a sense of cohesion there.

Also got a stowaway clear green Cray, I can now see why these little guys are so popular.

Commayder is, uh.. Rough. I don't hate it, but I'm really not a big fan. I can definitely look past the bizarre human paintapps for the kickass color scheme, though.
>>
File: IMG_0331.jpg (902KB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0331.jpg
902KB, 2048x2048px
>>6338766

Pic?
>>
File: Crayboi.jpg (75KB, 1280x959px) Image search: [Google]
Crayboi.jpg
75KB, 1280x959px
>>6338785
>>
File: 4222017181653.jpg (100KB, 800x562px) Image search: [Google]
4222017181653.jpg
100KB, 800x562px
Ah, fresh Glyos vinyl. Got the clear green cray and red axis joints as freebies.

>>6338766
Pic of commayder?
>>
>>6338839
>Pic of commayder?
>https://www.instagram.com/p/BUaDLekjP8U/
>>
>>6338869
Oh. Bleh. Not a fan of that flesh paint. Glad I passed. But good for people who like it.

I do love these spacemen though.
>>
>>6338766
My first,, 20.. ish crays were all freebies..

then came the puchase colors i couldnt resist,

Those Crabs Are Crack
>>6338798
Oh good christ it would have fit right into my Voss collection.
>>
>>6338899
The green is a bit darker than it looks on camera. It could definitely work well as a complementary color, though
>>
Man, Ive not bought a glyan in a while; I didnt realize they no longer included the neo sincroid head. That's a shame, that was my favorite.
>>
File: 20160906_115504.jpg (495KB, 1375x1421px) Image search: [Google]
20160906_115504.jpg
495KB, 1375x1421px
>>6338645
>detail lines, Passcodes, comics, release lists and massive waves of vinyl
>Those options are very limited now or are no longer feasible

I guess Glyos really is kill then.
>>
>>6338914
Yeah it was a big loss for onell. I'm not sure why he keeps replacing the best heads. I'm not really a fan of any of the new heads (bird, noboto thing, glyan, and dinosaur). I really think matt is a creative genius but some of the decisions lately have been pretty off putting. Hopefully he'll turn it back around.
>>
>>6338944
also why no gray glyan with glyarmor and axis/swing joints this drop?? would have dropped my cash for that shit.
>>
>>6338944
because at some point you need to replace the steel molds for a figure that has worn down. he gets the bug to change it up around those times

i like the bird not the neo sarvos head. granthans are ass. proto clone replacement is too big and ugly so i sold all of mine. the glyninja master chief head is dull. give us a new human head or that neo sincroid with face mask someone posted awhile back
>>
>>6338945
>no gray glyan

I really wish the drop had that so you could have four standard astronauts.
>>
>>6338945
This!!
>>
>We will be modestly restocking the Buildstation over the coming months, leading into the second half of the year, we'll just be doing it in little sections. This recent wave was nosing into how folks would respond to more basic selections across a few colors. We ordered a healthy amount so that the general stock would last for a bit. I'll be curious to see how it shakes out in the coming weeks.
>>
>>6339098

>>tfw overbought but can't even do a quick regret sale like usual

Restocking the buildstation sounds interesting unless it's all clear again.
>>
>>6339102
Hey if anyone regrets getting the rig and conversion kit, I'll gladly take them off their hands for a fair price
>>
File: Armorvor Lined.jpg (333KB, 1299x648px) Image search: [Google]
Armorvor Lined.jpg
333KB, 1299x648px
So, panel lining went well. It even made me like the Granthan head somehow, and I usually don't care for it. I used a fine Prismacolor marker. It's really easy if you wanna do it at home, it doesn't seem to rub off at all (the ink is contained deep within the lines after all), and you can easily clean up any mistakes by lighting rubbing a q-tip or kleenex over the surface.

This Armorvor took a little while because it has a HUGE amount of panel lines, but I imagine something like a Glyan or Traveler would go faster. If you're doing a whole squad, maybe look into using the ink wash technique and then wiping away the excess, that's much speedier.

tl;dr: you can have panel lines back! If you're willing to do a little legwork for em, that is.
>>
Any1 else get order yet? Pics of hauls?
>>
>>6339724
My haul gets here Thursday, probably the most I've spent on Glyos at once
>>
>>6339288
see this is what i don't get, why does everyone bitch and moan about panel lines if its this easy to do your self?
>>
>>6339814
Because it's not that easy. Prisamacolor fine markets are expensive artist pens. IE this fucking guy is an artist. People that spend years building and painting models are fine with it but to average Joe fuckface it is not easy. I order large amounts of glyos. That fucking armorvor probably took the artist faggot 30 or 40 minutes, if I'm not an artist it's taking me 2 hours, looking shittier and then I have to do 20 more guys like it and wait for them to dry or whatever the fuck before playing with them. And to top it off a marker or shitty American paint will rub off easily, the whole reason production paint is a big deal is because it's actually durable and playable, not a display piece/rubbing off after 20 minutes of building.

Next question faggot.
>>
>>6339819
So then offer this person >>6339288 $10 per figure for his materials and time to do them for you.

Or everyone stop bitching and start buying when one of the Glyos companies charge $20-$25 per figure with detail lines.

Just go look at the Callgrim store, 11 of 14 figures have detail lines. Now tell everyone that you support detail lines and the added expense to the companies to produce them.

Gimmie a break.
>>
>>6338945
Ya sure, it's always something you "would have dropped my cash" on that isn't in any drop from any company. Same ol bs.
>>
File: C-ClGdgUwAATmFH.jpg (155KB, 1200x657px) Image search: [Google]
C-ClGdgUwAATmFH.jpg
155KB, 1200x657px
>>6339819
>expensive artist pens
I paid like $3 for this pen, dude. And you don't have to use a Prisma either, people use all kinds of felt tip pens for panel lining. I didn't have to wait for any drying time and the lines don't rub off because they're recessed. You'd have to try really hard to get a fingernail in there or some shit to touch them. As I said in the previous thread, you're blowing this WAY out of proportion and grasping at straws to catastrophize the situation in every way possible. You are basically this old PA strip in action.

As I mentioned, do an ink wash if you're doing a large amount of figures at once. I don't know how to make it any easier for you. It's literally SLOPPING INK OVER A FIGURE and then wiping it clean with a paper towel. It gets no lazier than that, and requires no "artist skills."

>>6339977
...and sure, if someone wants to offer me some money, I'll panel line for them.
>>
>>6339819
What is it with your obsession with "being an artist?" Panel lining takes no talent or skill. You put the pen in the groove and move your hand. The panel line guides the pen for you. If this is too complex for you I don't know how you get through your daily life.
>>
>>6340015
Couldn't have said it better.

He wants inexpensive toys, with detail lines, in colors only he wants, with free gifts and free shipping.

All this to make him feel better for being a 35 year old living in his parents' basement.
>>
>>6340005
ah hahahaha

Exactly!
>>
>>6338645
/toy/ BTFO!!! Matt knows!!!
>>
>>6339977
I bought multiples of all the gray and white ones, you can't blame me for that shit. Callgrim is one of the best glyos molds.
>>
>>6340015
Kek takes no talent or skill, Matt has said multiple times how difficult panel lining is, and if it was so fucking easy then the Chinese factory that forces 12 year olds to paint glyos all day wouldn't be charging $18 a figure to get it done just to discourage Matt and anyone else from requesting them.
>>
File: LoadOFeet.jpg (50KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
LoadOFeet.jpg
50KB, 400x300px
>>6340283
Ya, when they have hundreds to paint it is difficult and costs a lot more than it used to.

For you to detail a handful of figures at your leisure, not difficult.
>>
File: FactoryWork.jpg (60KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
FactoryWork.jpg
60KB, 400x300px
>>6340283
Do you see any 12 year olds? Me neither. You obviously are just shooting your mouth off.
>>
File: WorkingOnTheLineSEND.jpg (45KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
WorkingOnTheLineSEND.jpg
45KB, 400x300px
>>6340283
I do see a younger "Man-Child" painting though.
>>
>>6340380
>>6340377

Seeing these pics of literal wage slaves making toys almost makes me feel bad. I thought Matt was supposed to be a nice guy but I guess you can't escape the system.
>>
>>6340465
considering a majority of factories, this place looks pretty nice.
>>
File: Selogo-Guard-TRIO-WEB.png (2MB, 1200x1073px) Image search: [Google]
Selogo-Guard-TRIO-WEB.png
2MB, 1200x1073px
How to build the back one?
>>
File: Axis-Armored-Glyans-Crayhunters.png (725KB, 800x590px) Image search: [Google]
Axis-Armored-Glyans-Crayhunters.png
725KB, 800x590px
>>6340584
Build the same legs replacing the shin piece with the longer thinner axis long piece, build the axis shoulders the same but connect the thicker limb piece, build backpack with remaining pieces
>>
File: IMG_20170524_002713.jpg (2MB, 1564x1564px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170524_002713.jpg
2MB, 1564x1564px
>>6340584
>>6340933
Here this should help better than vague instructions
>>
>>6339819
>spend $15 on plastic crack
>$10 on an exacto blade
>$2.50 on a gundam pen
>all from the hobby shop a fifteen minute drive into the town over
>somehow I'm an artist

lmao
>>
>>6340465
If you want to mass produce toys you don't have a lot of affordable options outside of Asia honestly. There just aren't adequate toy production facilities in the US. That said, Matt IS a good dude, and I'm sure he tried to find people who don't work their employees to death for pennies. Like someone above said, it looks pretty chill, and Matt and Jesse used to fly to China to check in on the factory and even work the line themselves for a bit on a regular basis.
>>
>>6340283
It's not difficult, it's just not cost-effective. Literally anyone can panel line, do you think every worker in the Chinese factory is an artist?? It's just tedious and takes a long time to do every figure, so it ends up costing a lot.

You can panel line your figures. You're just too afraid to try. Cause if you actually tried it, you'd find that there is no skill involved, and then you'd have to admit that you're simply fucking lazy.
>>
>>6340465
You have no idea what your talking about. All of the Asian countries' worker rights and labor laws have been changing big time in the last 5 years, especially in China.

Why do you think labor costs, production costs and ultimately retail costs have went up?

Know what your talking about.
>>
>>6340465
Do you feel bad going into fast food joints, Walmarts, etc...in the USA? Sure you don't, but, for some reason you see photos of a factory in China and you make sweatshop assumptions. Your an idiot.
>>
I don't get how some people think everyone is ok with customizing their toys. Could I do it? Sure, but I don't want to and shouldn't need to.

I like keeping them how they were intended from the toy maker. I'm not into customs in general at all unless they come from Jesse or Matt or whoever the maker of the toy is.
I'm a fan of when Glyos had panel lines as I saw it as a signature aspect of the line. Just because I could do it myself doesn't mean I want to. Call it autism or OCD or both.
>>
>>6341233
well i can understand that, but if panel lines are the signature aspect of the line to you you're up shit creek.
>>
>>6341233
That's fine. I can understand that.

But you should also understand that you can't have it both ways. If a simple solution is right in front of your face and you choose to willfully decline it (whether because of OCD or laziness), then you should stop complaining about it. If you're "respecting Matt's vision," then fucking respect it, you know what I mean? Embrace the no-panel-line life and stop whining. Panel lines are not cost-effective and they're not coming back, so it's time to put up or shut up.
>>
>I like keeping them how they were intended from the toy maker.

Then youre perfectly happy with the non panel lined ones,

Shut the goddamn hell up already
>>
>>6341169
>Do you feel bad going into fast food joints, Walmarts, etc...in the USA?

Yeah, kind of, because you have to actually deal with the person face to face.
>>
File: IMG_2062.jpg (2MB, 3035x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2062.jpg
2MB, 3035x3024px
I'm digging this combo. Where's my cookie?
>>
File: 424201717279.jpg (170KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
424201717279.jpg
170KB, 800x800px
Tried to work out a contained build that had a similar look to the combo suit but with better articulation, I think I did pretty well. His feet are a little unsteady and I do wish he had two hands instead of an arm cannon, but I was working with what he came with.
>>
>>6341807
Reminds me of Asimo.

Also, is that a dick on his chest...?
>>
File: Combo-Suits-Contained-GROUP-WEB.png (639KB, 800x465px) Image search: [Google]
Combo-Suits-Contained-GROUP-WEB.png
639KB, 800x465px
>>6341807
Interesting build. Not sure I'm feeling those feet...they might be interesting with a swing joint piece to act as a toecap. The feet would be really long but I'm not entirely against that.

Also, if I were you I would swap the painted swings (or the painted Glyan shins) up onto the biceps/forearms. Right now the upper body looks naked with very few paint apps, and the feet are super busy with too many paint apps. Space out the distribution a little, y'know?

>>6342155
It's an air hose. Matt came up with that idea in his original combo suit build.
>>
>>6342159
>It's an air hose
The way you built it though, it's too low to "attach" to the helmet, so it looks like a dick.
>>
>>6342187
Take it up with Matt, I didn't change the torso at all. I'll probably move it up though.
>>
>>6342187
Grow tfu.
>>
>>6342422

cannot unsee the dick now
>>
File: 425201711318.jpg (99KB, 643x800px) Image search: [Google]
425201711318.jpg
99KB, 643x800px
Take two.

I didn't want to just swap the hub set parts from the knees and elbows because it would put the faction symbol on his inner thigh and that's weird. Instead I took the pieces from his air hose and made those the knees, swapped the painted pieces to his arms, and the tampo'd pieces to his air hose. Now he's got the symbol right in the middle of his chest and it makes the air hose come up just to the bottom of his helmet which looks better to me and the plain gray legs help balance the busy feet.

You could use the air hose parts to make simpler feet and the leftover to make a gun, but I like the look.

I still don't see it as a dick since it you know doesn't come from between his legs, but whatever.
>>
Evrythin is down to 15 left in store
>>
File: BTMkII.jpg (53KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
BTMkII.jpg
53KB, 1080x720px
>>
>>6344983
What the fuck is this from??? This looks hype as shit!
>>
>>6344983
>big ass sword
>red skull
i'm sold.
>>
>>6344983
I just came scrolling past and saw this post.
It looks like 80s thrash an it's sort of posable and modular and has red skulls and demons and shit and i love it.
Who where? Can anyone spoonfeed me?
>>
>>6344992
>>6345018
http://spymonkeycreations.limitedrun.com/
>>
File: 4262017144312.jpg (163KB, 827x960px) Image search: [Google]
4262017144312.jpg
163KB, 827x960px
>>6344983
Seriously these look amazing. Check out Battletribes' insta if you haven't.
>>
>>6345018
They're going to be sold on June 2nd...watch the spymonkey site for info. These will probably sell out in 10 min. or so...you'll want to be there right at drop time. Great company and cool products.
>>
>>6345053
Thanks for the heads up man, i have a bunch of presentations that day so i hope i can find the time.
>>
I kinda wish the new stuff would be sold as a pack separate from the figure.
>>
File: OldOne.jpg (58KB, 1080x1102px) Image search: [Google]
OldOne.jpg
58KB, 1080x1102px
>>6345053
Also from Onell
>Looking forward into June, we'll all see some amazing new twists from both Spy Monkey and Bio-Masters that should make the fantasy fans go bonkers. We'll be rounding things out at the end of June with our own fantasy themed wave that bookends a special month of medieval madness!
>>
>>6345054
They listed the drop time as 6pm Pacific Standard Time on June 2nd. If you're there right at drop time you should be fine. If you wait or blow it off I suspect most of these new figures will be a quick sell out.
>>
These are hype as fuck and I think will be the fastest glyos sellout in years.
>>
>>6344983
I wasn't into the He-Man style barbarians, but a fucking winged demon? With swappable bat and skull and pterodactyl heads? I'M FUCKING THERE
>>
>>6345520
The first drop of the original Battle Tribes figure sold out in 7 min. and there was a limit of 1 each, so this could definitely go the same way. I'm guessing Spymonkey will have a better idea of demand and have increased quantities of these compared to that first BT drop. Nonetheless, be there at drop time or don't come crying later.
>>
>>6345269
I'm guessing will get some muted colored biomass monsters, probably a green Cthulhu homage
>>
>>6345884
I fucking hope so. I love that biomaster mold but all the colors have been completely unappealing to me so far.
>>
>>6345884
Maybe we're getting a new mold...their ogre looking figure they prototyped?
>>
>>6346143
The biomassmutant? I highly doubt it, biomassmonster just came out last fall. Independent toymakers can't usually afford new steel for a while. And with guys like this: >>6345899 "I want this, I want that.," but, bitch and don't buy, it takes longer.
>>
File: 4272017102916.jpg (74KB, 612x960px) Image search: [Google]
4272017102916.jpg
74KB, 612x960px
Placed another order because I'm really enjoying this wave and these colors are really nice. Aside from that cool metallic blood red I think this is my favorite shade of red so far. I do wish there were more yellow pieces, this is really pleasant yellow.

>>6346214
>"I want this, I want that.," but, bitch and don't buy, it takes longer.
I don't even understand what you're saying. Should I buy it in colors I don't care about and don't match anything I want or have?
>>
>>6346221
How do you think these independent toy producers make more toys?

By collectors bitching about everything from detail lines, no vinyl, too much paint, colors not quite what you want each time? No, from those that support and love these toys through thick and thin, no matter what. Meet some of these glyos toy producers in person at designer con and you will see how hard they work to make these toys.

Onell Design is in it's 10 year, a full decade! Original Kenner Star Wars was 1978-1985, only 8 years and not even a decade. A decade is an incredible accomplishment in this day in age of toys. Against all odds and even against the last 5 years of almost pure negativity and non-constructive criticism.

I think we would all agree that overall Glyos toys and companies are some of the best toys out there for playing, building, customizing, and endless possibilities of collecting.

It would be a shame if it all went away due to pointless complaining and lack of support.

Supporting artists' visions is important to the flow of new toys, new molds, and experimentation.

Look at some of the glyos companies that appear to have run out of capital to create more toys and new toys.

No one is saying you should buy everything or lots of stuff you don't want or like, however, supporting these guys consistently so they can continue to order and stay in business is in the best interest of glyos toys and collecting overall.
>>
>>6346336

"The Kenner toy company produced a line of Star Wars action figures based on characters in the original Star Wars movie trilogy. Over 100 unique action figures were produced and sold from 1978 to 1985, during which time over 300 million Star Wars action figures were sold."

I guarantee onell design is no where near this #, but, they have done it on their own and hence why support is so crucial. Now factor that into the sister companies that have only 1-5 years under their belt and are trying to expand the glyos universe and diversify the offerings, but, they get minor support, major criticism, barely keep afloat, and some appear to have faded into their own short history.
>>
>>6346336
this. and I already know someone's waiting to get mad about this guy's post so let me just say--if you really care about Glyos and its future, and can afford to, sure, try to support it by buying regularly. but by no means is this guy saying you need to buy things you don't want or buy every drop or something.

just be very aware that Matt is operating on very thin margins and he can't bounce back like a hasbro or a Mattel. when it comes to indie toys, your support, your dollar, really DOES make a measurable difference.
>>
>>6346336
I don't disagree but,
You can also coddle a company too much. Gush nothing but positive feedback, and create a space where people with concerns, criticism, and valid complaints are anywhere from ignored to witch hunted.

4chan is the only place where a lot of people feel safe complaining about a lot these many valid concerns and yea it may be annoying to read but so is the constant praise to a lot of other people here.

I've met Matt at a DCon he is an awesome dude, but people quite literally suuuuuuuuck his coock.
It's annoying to me to watch a company start to degrade and have everyone telling me everything its fine to just drink the koolaid.

What's happening is a slow alienation of oldfags and not enough creativity to keep newfags hooked.
>>
if you could change a few minor things what would they be?

mine are earlier/more promotion before a drop, adjust the shipping so it does not jump to priority costs quickly, & more colors timed with other companies so you could get a mushi, axis, bio, n others all month in the same colors
>>
>>6346336
Right. And literally in that post I showed that I just bought another $50 worth of onell stuff and this last one was a great drop.

And so far all the biomasters have been well received and have sold out. They're not in danger of being unsorted. All I'm saying is I personally don't like the colors they've done so far. But clearly others do since they're sold out and that's good, I'm glad people like them. I can voice opinions and bemoan things I wish were different all while supporting and enjoying all of these companies.
>>
>>6346448
These are what I want. Especially the stuff leading up to the drop. I miss pictures and teasers and hype starting sometimes several weeks before the drop. And the little storyline bits and cool outdoor shots and group shots.

Coordinating colorways would also be great. I'd've bought red, blue, yellow, and gray Mushis to match the selogo stuff in a heartbeat. I think that's a reason a lot of smaller companies that they to be a part of the main onell stuff disappear after a while, no coordination. People want a bunch of similar pieces for construction and army building. (Although you also have other companies doing they're own thing and doing it well, like Spy Monkey who seem to be doing much better with battle tribes than with the weaponeers).
>>
Lol @ non constructive critism. We have tons of good ideas, suggestions and concerns and they don't all boil down to "mug detail lines" you fucking imbecile. Matt's giant response post even called out drop lists and then said they weren't feasible anymore. Uh, yeah, right. I'm sure putting together a list for 10 minutes is really fucking unfeasible. Putting out some of the other figures molds that clearly still exist instead of the 4000th Noboto sounds real hard too. Re-releasing high demand figures when you literally make a blog post about re releasing it and then not doing it, great job.

And then you, sitting here and telling us that all we do is birch and we should buy a ton of their stuff even when it looks bad or when we've already got a billion nobotos. Jfc delusional.
>>
>>6346593
>Uh, yeah, right. I'm sure putting together a list for 10 minutes is really fucking unfeasible.

Yeah the guy can somehow prepare and mail out 100s of packages in a single day but typing out a list of 15 items for sale is too much work.
>>
>>6346593
>>6346668
Are you retarded? Drop listing was one item in a list of things that would no longer work anymore, for one reason or another. let me quote this shit directly

>"Some folks really long for the days of detail lines, Passcodes, comics, release lists and massive waves of vinyl. Those options are very limited now or are no longer feasible, but we have continued to push things in different directions, not just with our own line, but with our sister companies as well."

>passcodes
>comics
>massive waves of vinyl

Matt isn't saying that every single option on the list is too expensive. He's saying that it's limited for other reasons. It's disappointing, but you're acting like he's directly said he's just too lazy. It may be that, but it may also be a desire to surprise people on drop night through the photos of nearly all of the spread leading up to the drop. You're blaming it on laziness with no real reason. Try asking Matt on the blog. You'll get a response within a day or two. Then you can finally know the real reason instead of assuming the worst and bitching in your vacuum of negativity.
>>
>>6341027
>even work the line themselves for a bit
This sounds like a blast if it's your own toy line.
>>
File: IMG_2143.jpg (3MB, 3024x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2143.jpg
3MB, 3024x3024px
>>6346593
I think the unfeasible items are the passcode videos/games and the comics. The lists are feasible but they've decided to go without them. I'd find the relevant blog post or comment but that's too much like work.
>>
File: IMG_2146.png (276KB, 1125x2001px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2146.png
276KB, 1125x2001px
>>6346818
>>
>>6346812
>Drop listing was one item in a list of things that would

Out of all the things on that list, "release lists" shouldn't even fucking be there. If taking 5 minutes to copypasta a list of how many colors of Axis Joints there are gonna be is a burden on his business I dunno what to say.
>>
>>6346826
So the reason for no lists is "just because". I love Matt and Glyos but calling no info "the system we want to explore" is pretty fucking dumb.
>>
>>6346856
>>6346919
I don't see the point either, but I guess I could liken it to the retro toy 'feel' that Glyos is going for, and and how people used to speculate about waves based on catalog images and teasers.
>>
>>6347034
speculation works better when people see pics before release day
>>
File: Glyos General.png (670KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Glyos General.png
670KB, 800x600px
>>
>>6347402
I'm proud to be 5 of these quotes. Thanks for the shout out, bitch.
>>
>>6348002
Go fuck your mother.
>>
>>6348075
I'll send you a free glyos if you guess which 5
>>
>>6348105
not that anon, but:
>No shit autismo,
>Enjoy your drop faggots,
>Are you retarded?
>Then swap the limbs dipshit..
>you fucking imbecile.

you have a large vocabulary for name calling.
>>
>>6348143
You're off by two shitstain
>>
>>6348143
trying for the noprize

>Yeh glyos is kill isn't just a meme,
>No shit autismo,
>What the fuck are you talking about you incoherent bitch
>Then swap the limbs dipshit..
>you fucking imbecile.
>>
>>6348158
Off by two again, and who said it was a no prize? I'll send something if one of the next 3 guesses gets it.
>>
all three glyans under seven left, few axis & swings, rest is up in the air cause traveler qualleran n on that sell slower

given most of it lasted ten days would you say the drop options were good for building?
>>
>>6348162
>No shit autismo.
>Then swap the limbs dipshit
>You fucking imbecile
>Daily reminder that if you prefer right to left then you are a cancer and deserve the same fats as glyos:
>Perhaps Glyos was a mistake.
>>
>>6348491
Still two off! Come on you idiots.
>>
>>6348487
I say no, not really. Trying to put aside my dislike of the colors and offerings, there's either too many colors in this drop or not enough. I think more of the grey was needed, it would have been a good central build color instead of a random one off accent/gimmick build. Plus everyone was excited for the vinyl, I don't think it would have killed anyone to have bigger numbers and some blocks and wedges, if money really was so tight then ditch one of the colors or don't order nobotos for once.
>>
>>6348529
I've got two tries left, huh? I think the first three are correct, so let's see...
>no shit autismo
>then swap the limbs dipshit
>you fucking imbecile
>I guess Glyos really is kill then.
>you incoherent bitch
>>
>>6348551
Wrong again, still by 2 and your theory as well. I'll give you a hint, the "swap the limbs dipshit" is not me and between all the guesses posted so far all of my comments have been posted.
>>
>>6348559
"Swap the limbs dipshit" was me. I've resisted responding to the contest because it's too easy knowing what I've said...like having "insider" information.
>>
>>6348559
>>6348559
Alright, final guess.
>no shit autismo
>you fucking imbecile
>you incoherent bitch
>enjoy your drop faggots
>Daily reminder that if you prefer right to left then you are a cancer and deserve the same fate as Glyos:
>>
>>6348611
You are off by

None, sure you had to hold a dick to drag yourself across the finish, but it's not gay, right?

What's your address?
>>
>>6348971
Not going to post that here. Do you have a Glyos Connection account? I'm Lucario on there.
>>
>>6348971
Alternatively, I've set up a throwaway email at [email protected].

I hope it's not an inconvenience, it's nice that you're doing this
>>
>>6348981
>>6348983
I may or may not have an account there so I sent you a suspicious email.
>>
AD&D June

Paint and Lines like Black Bridge of Glyosar?
>>
>>6349460
Panel lines are not happening again probably ever, along with anything else cool.
>>
File: assortedglyos.png (1MB, 865x883px) Image search: [Google]
assortedglyos.png
1MB, 865x883px
I figured I'd be better posting this here rather than BST cause Glyos doesn't seem to move for shit there. But I'm trying to shill off some of these guys, just email me if you're interested.
Viyer- $15
Redlaw Phanost- $27
Glyarmor Glowman- $13
ZED Sullkren- $13
Tracker Sarvos- $15
Gunmetal black Argen- $18
Elite Sentry Sarvos- $26
Hades Pheyden III re-release- $18
Glyaxia Lot- $23 *Glyans don't come with their alt heads
Redlaw Skeleden- $12
Hordak Mushi- $15
Trans purple Outlander- $8
Two random ZED rig conversion arms- $8
Skeltal Super Crayboth- $22
Original Super Crayboth- $25
Syclowave- $35

If anyone wants additional pics or info just let me know. Would also potentially trade for some Battle Tribes, but mostly looking to sell these fuckers.
>>
>>6351337
I'll shoot you an email. I'm interested in a few pieces.
>>
>>6351337
Figured I should update, Syclowave and Redlaw Phanost are likely spoken for.
>>
Too bad no stories for all this
>>
>>6352438
Honestly, yeah. I'd love to have a little writeup providing some background lore behind each drop. The idea of a space colony (as opposed to simply a planet or ship) is new to the Glyos system and I'd love to hear more about it.
>>
>>6352459
Its odd to push a new build drop with no lore to go with it. No mixing colors to show new or as updated contained builds
>>
Its because there is no more, it's just "hey remember lego space lol"

Not showing color mixing is lazy too.

Just another reason I didn't buy anything from this shitty drop.
>>
>>6352789
There is No *lore fucking autocorrect
>>
>>6352789
I liked the drop itself and was happy to get to some pleasing colors. Even though this was another homage it didn't really feel like one. The lore stuff and lack of pictures is just as lazy as every other wave has been for at least a way. It's just way it is now for whatever dumb reason.
>>
File: IMG_2202.jpg (2MB, 3035x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2202.jpg
2MB, 3035x3024px
Color mixing and shitty photography.
>>
>>6342422
>It's just way it is now for whatever dumb reason.
Keep wonderin why Matt moved the hose and extended the legs more
>>
File: 51201717222.jpg (161KB, 800x549px) Image search: [Google]
51201717222.jpg
161KB, 800x549px
Got these as one of the extras in my second order. What figure were these from? I don't recognize them.
>>
>>6354593
Robo Force Maxx Zero Guns that come with the Neo Tracker Unit Glyans. For some reason Matt didn't sell the extra guns bag separate like Skaterriun and Glyninja so he throws them in orders
>>
File: 52201714396.jpg (118KB, 800x526px) Image search: [Google]
52201714396.jpg
118KB, 800x526px
The hubset piece I'm using for the waist on these is super fucking loose on the red and blue but nicely tight on the gray. It's really obnoxious. I even left them by themselves over night which usually helps, but no luck. Anything I can do? Also, it's annoying that the separate red hubset didn't have the same paint apps as the rest, he would look better with the same dark red on his forearms.
>>
>>6355906
Oh you mean that plain unpainted plastic looks like shit? Yeah, yeah it does. Try telling that to some of these idiots though.
>>
>>6355917
Actually I really like this red and it's probably my favorite shade of glyos red so far. But we still need accent colors.
>>
>>6355917
How fucking desperate are you to hammer this point into our heads? You're probably the only person in this thread who gives a shit, just get out if you're going to do nothing but keep bitching about something without putting in effort to change it.
>>
>>6355975
There's at least one other person here who agrees because I'm not him and I think they look bad. The photo other anon posted of some color builds just looks really bland and lame IMO. It's like trying to build something out of duplo vs lego - one looks obviously kiddish and unfinished while the other (decent paint apps) has finer details and finish.
>>
>>6356104
Yeah, I'd rather pay for detail lines than unpainted. And especially compared to weird shitty paint apps that we're paying extra for anyhow.
>>
>>6356174
I honestly don't get it, ok, fine, they are more expensive. Who gives a fuck? Do a drop with 2 of them at $18 or $20 or whatever it fucking costs and see if they sell. With all the other dumb shit they've done over the years when it's very obvious people want this they refuse. I don't. Get it.

When they brought it up on facebook someone asked about the wash technique on the bone zullbeast and the only response it got was from godbeast who was like "lol its still in stock so no thanks bro clearly collectors dont want it" fucking one release from one company that has fuck all to do with mainline glyos equals no one wants it?! Are you fucking kidding me?! Unreal. I stopped buying almost anything from glyos years ago at this point, but I still check in places a couple of times a week just in case they get their heads out of their asses and decide to make good looking toys again.
>>
File: marvelglyos[1].jpg (84KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
marvelglyos[1].jpg
84KB, 630x420px
I am seeing a lot of comments lately about how the no paint plastic is better for building than what it used to be because paint makes it harder to match things up for building purposes.

These people are delusional, see pic related.
>>
File: 522017183813.jpg (134KB, 562x800px) Image search: [Google]
522017183813.jpg
134KB, 562x800px
To hop off the complaint train for a minute (even though it's a train I tend to agree with), this latest drop gave me a bit of the Glyos itch again so I freed my old school Pheyden from his box and took him with me walking today letting him fulfill once more the pocket traveler role he was made for.
>>
File: 522017183832.jpg (158KB, 562x800px) Image search: [Google]
522017183832.jpg
158KB, 562x800px
Just look at this handsome guy. His age isn't getting him down.
>>
File: 522017183750.jpg (331KB, 800x854px) Image search: [Google]
522017183750.jpg
331KB, 800x854px
>>
>>6356261
I was also admiring my original Pheyden about two days ago. I remembered all the cool places I've taken him to as well, like numerous cross country road trips. A cool figure, even in his simplicity.
>>
>>6355906
Try heating and cooling it, with a hairdryer and cold water shock. Or take the parts apart completely and leave them be for a week or so. For some reason I find that my loose Glyos parts seem to tighten up by themselves...it's always hard putting them back together after a while being left in pieces.
>>
>>6356243
>>6356245
>>6356261
Man those old-school messy panel lines look so good. I miss that so much. Fuck, I'm even worse off than the panel line complainers, I have nostalgia for TWO generations ago.

>>6356208
I read and re-read your post and it still makes no sense to me...none of the parts in that pic are painted??? Or are you referring to panel-lined pieces as "painted?"
>>
>>6356388
At least the messy panel lines would be super easy to replicate on your own. I was gonna give it a go this weekend in fact.
>>
>>6356392
Post pics afterwards please.
>>
File: 522017235040.jpg (74KB, 515x800px) Image search: [Google]
522017235040.jpg
74KB, 515x800px
God fucking damn it. I forgot.
>>
>>6356586
Demon was gone fast
Rest were slower
>>
>>6356586
SHIT

I knew I was forgetting something....fuck me. I really wanted that green pterodactyl fellow.
>>
>>6356588
>>6356590
I wanted the brown and green. Shit. Guess I'll be paying the late tax on ebay or some shit. I do really hate the exclusivity of drips in Glyos. They ought to do second runs and sell as many as people are willing to buy, especially of obvious favorites. I got them, but that battle tribes hasn't considered doing a run of their first stand orc and barbarian is shame. They're great decos and others deserve to get them.
>>
>>6356586
I had the green one in my cart, and when I went to check out, he had sold out.
>>
>medieval madness
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medieval_Madness
>http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=4032
Could be fun
>>
>>6356592
They literally did exactly that though, a second run of the barbarian and orc, and some barely different versions of other figures too like the red dinosaur guy.

They've made it clear they are fine with doing re-runs if stuff is popular.
>>
>>6356388
Yes panel lined means painted, panel lines aren't made out of tiny furs or something you idiot. Every single panel lined release looks better than every single non lined release. FACT!!!
>>
>>6358590
In that case, your post still makes no sense to me. Who one earth are you talking to that says unpainted plastic is better? Pretty much everybody wants panel lines back, and the ones that don't have settled and made peace with the unpainted plastic, they're not "loving it."

Also, sure, panel lines are done with paint, but you sound new as hell, cause in general Glyos discussion, "painted" means the new type of paint apps we've been getting lately, and "panel lines" mean...well, panel lines. I don't think I've ever heard anyone refer to panel lines as "painted" figures before.
>>
>>6358614
What's it like having autism you fucking sperg?
>hurr durr I can't believe someone would refer to paint as paint!

Glyos deserves to die with retards like you supporting it.
>>
>>6358586
I'm gonna be honest. I was kind of drunk while posting that and tiffed at myself for missing the drop. You're totally right, they reissued the standard orc and barbarian.
>>
I'm glad as fuck I did the all in for the new Battle Tribes release. The red and purple are what I'm looking forward to the most. Kind of hoping Bio Masters and Kabuto Mushi release some similar colors to go with the newest wave.
I wasn't really sold on the light tan/bat guy, I'm still not, but I'm looking forward to getting him, I find many things in hand just look better.
>>
>>6358614
Speak for yourself faggot. Panel lines look like shit on glyos. I just jumped in to this thread to say this. This is the problem with talking about this shit on 4chan. One guy is able to make it sound like the whole fanbase agrees with him.
>>
>>6359107
Okay, cool bro. I'm happy for you, that means that Glyos has actually been on an upward swing for you. No need to be so aggressive.
>>
>>6359311
No not really. I don't like any of the newer heads. The last cool additions to me were skeleden and the glyarmor.
>>
File: Bit-Of-Reason-ALT1.png (1MB, 1000x834px) Image search: [Google]
Bit-Of-Reason-ALT1.png
1MB, 1000x834px
>>6338642
I'm not really into these bit-fig things, but this is actually pretty attractive to me.
>>
>>6359496
Why even make the smaller ones Glyos-compatible at all? It honestly just seems like a way to advertise the line a bit by saying "hey we have Glyos compatibility" when it's one useless hole on the bottom of the figure. I'd like it if the head and body were separate parts, honestly
>>
>>6359720
>I'd like it if the head and body were separate parts, honestly
Oh, that's actually a really good idea and would have gotten me to buy some. Not only would it encourage in-line swapping, it would also let us use Bit Fig heads on Glyos figures.
>>
>>6359736
Hadn't even thought of using BitFig heads on Glyos figures. That'd be phenomenal- The heads look a bit small for it, but upscaled slightly it could definitely work
>>
I'd love to see Onell Design make accessories. The OSM and Robo Force guns are alright, but I'd love to see some proper accessory packs sculpted by Matt. Neutral colors available in the buildstation, colored/painted releases with new drops.. I just want to see the Travelers or Glyarmor get the same treatment as the Skeleden did.
>>
File: 55201711183.jpg (138KB, 800x478px) Image search: [Google]
55201711183.jpg
138KB, 800x478px
I was still pretty bummed to find out modern glyans no longer include the neo sincroid head so I got a few off ebay just to have around.
>>
How long does it usually take for Spy Monkey to get the product to you? I know with Onell it's typically the next week, with the Godbeast it can be a matter of days, not sure how Spy Monkey is. I really want my demons..
>>
>>6361177
some already have them
>>
>>6361310
But those are only people that were allowed previews and such like reviews/other Glyos sister companies, right? They just came out on Friday, I don't see how they'd get those in hand by Monday, even with the fastest shipping option.
>>
>>6361399
Matt ships my stuff Friday or Saturday with Priority. Almost always have it Monday morning
>>
>>6361464
But Battle Tribes isn't Matt, and I've never gotten anything that quick from Onell. Not that I don't believe you, I've only ever gotten shipping that fast from Marty though.
>>
>>6360048
There was an old resin blaster weapon from aeons ago that I'd been begging to be put into production for years.
I honestly don't know why a little battle pack of weapons has not been done.
My guess is Matt prefers the idea of making weapons from existing parts and facilitating creativity. But I think one or two iconic weapons would really help the line especially seeing as traveler hands still can't even accept a Glyos pin...
>>
>>6361659
Seriously, it's such an absolute disappointment that Traveler hands can't fit a standard pin. Noboto hands look like they can, but the fit just barely doesn't work. It's frustrating.
>>
File: IMG_7172.png (1MB, 836x798px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7172.png
1MB, 836x798px
When this drop happened I was so stoked for the future of Glyos ironically it was a reboot and little did I know was pretty much the swan song of detail lines and that classic Glyos look updated.

If they kept going in this direction I'd prolly still be dropping hundos like it was my job.
>>
>>6361682
Yep, and limit of only 1 ea. and sold out right away. No way for people to prove through sales how much wanted and supported these. Small drop only because Matt made it small.
>>
>>6360550
OH fuck, the Sonesidar yellorange looks really good with that black. Real Halloween-y. What drop is that black/green DSG from?
>>
>>6361682
As much as I love panel lines, I skipped this drop entirely. I didn't really care for the new paint apps, I thought they overcomplicated good ol' Sarvos. And I really didn't care for the panel lines on the Dark Travelers. They had so much sculpted detail that it made them look busy as hell.

I guess you could call me ungrateful, I finally got panel lines and I passed. But fuck, man...it felt like a monkey's paw type situation almost. I got em, but in ways that were offputting to me.
>>
>>6361822
Rig Crew II
>>
>>6361840
Eat poop.
>>
>>6361682
This was the perfect happy medium.
We were still getting two color standard and reverse molds. Some extra paint apps but tasteful and nothing crazy like entirely painted parts, and panel lines. Dark traveler was well done as well, some think his torso is too busy. I disagree. New belt/pelvis/scarf options. He wasn't done to death like Quallerans and Noboto. Swap options with the head between elder exellis and the other lost sincroid head. The only thing that would have made this figure perfect would have been remodeled traveler hands that could either fit a Glyos peg or be a reverse of what we have had for years or both.
>>
>>6362287
>perfect would have been remodeled traveler hands that could either fit a Glyos peg or be a reverse of what we have had for years or both.
this
>>
>>6362666
>>6362287
I've wanted reverse Traveler hands for so long. Anyone remember when people were so desperate they started cutting the fingers off the left hands to try to make new unique looking hands?

Also, the Traveler mold has been in circulation for years now and everyone has tons of them. Making new peg-compatible hands at this point would be foolish, you'd never be able to get them in all the colors that have been run and nobody would buy like 50 new hands to outfit all their old Pheydens. What would be a better idea is a new Traveler fist adapter--maybe a smooth grip with a Glyos peg on the other end that could act as a handle for built swords or guns. Traveler fists have been all but useless for too long.
>>
Checkin the Slice group some asshole is bitchin bout want to buy figs for 6 shipped. Why even let some one this way stay?
>>
File: 40845014.jpg (22KB, 600x635px) Image search: [Google]
40845014.jpg
22KB, 600x635px
>>6345269
I just started browsing this thread for shits and suddenly I discover that I missed out on these fucking radical figures. I could have a demon's crest style gargoyle on my desk right now but they're all sold out.
>>
File: Demon_wave_1-4.jpg (3MB, 4256x2839px) Image search: [Google]
Demon_wave_1-4.jpg
3MB, 4256x2839px
>>6363333
Is this your first time in a Glyos thread? If so, bookmark it and check back every so often. In the Glyos world, once a mold is created it's guaranteed to be run again (albeit in different colors). So if you're patient, and make sure to be around for the next drop, you can have your desk gargoyle.

Also just to let you know so you aren't disappointed later, said Gargoyles are like 3" tall.
>>
>>6363033
$6 is way too much for those pieces of literal shit, I'm surprised he's being so generous.
>>
>>6363373
I went all in and they'll HOPEFULLY be here today by the time I get off work, fingers crossed. The demon, purple Skullman and not Cthulhu have me hype as hell. I ordered a second bloodkin, kinda bummed they sold out yesterday as I planned on snagging two or three more this paycheck, but seeing as they didn't sell out for a few days I guess an aftermarket one won't be too pricey if I choose to go that route.
>>
File: 30976933893_57a37f6717_c.jpg (99KB, 800x530px) Image search: [Google]
30976933893_57a37f6717_c.jpg
99KB, 800x530px
>>6363373
Yeah it's my first time, byt I have a couple of the October Toys Skeleton Titans which are gylos compatable. (Pic related - a rare transaprent green one)

I'm not so much into the traditional gylos style but I'm all over these fantasy things. Thanks for the tip.
>>
>>6363373
Pissed I missed this guy, I haven't really been paying attention to Glyos the last few months and I've never been into Battle Tribes but goddamn..
>>
>>6363714
Lots of the aftermarket prices on these figures have been REALLY low, so it's all a matter of certain colorways. But yeah...I'd bet you'll be able to pick some up eventually for under retail if you wait a bit.
>>
>>6363891
That's the only OT Skeleton I have...great color!!! And, welcome to more of the madness that is Glyos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
Dude the wait for these battle tribes is brutal. Been viciously cursing the mailman and his family for two days now as if its his fault.._
>>
>New Mini BitFigs
>No Painted Figs
>>
File: Royal_new_banner.jpg (2MB, 1884x1725px) Image search: [Google]
Royal_new_banner.jpg
2MB, 1884x1725px
New Knights
>http://toypizza.limitedrun.com/
>>
If the knights had started out as articulated as this it would have been awesome, except for the whole 80 dollar price tag
>>
>>6366934
If they just hand kneed I might be interested in the vector jump figures. Just as a novelty, but as is they just do nothing for me even though the sculpting is cool.
>>
>>6367012
*had knees
Jfc

>>6366973
Any pics of the glyosynth?
>>
>>6367014
>Any pics of the glyosynth?
not yet
>>
>>6366973
The black Knight is kinda cool looking, but I'm definitely not gonna pay Synthetic Humanoid prices for it.

I will definitely buy the Nextman though. It doesn't look as good as his usual chunky sculpts--personally, I think the Synthetic Humanoid proportions just don't really work here--but I wholeheartedly support everything Mori does.
>>
>>6366973
do we know where these are going for sale?
>>
>>6367282
>http://toypizza.limitedrun.com/products/592743-pre-order-1000toys-x-kots-brick
>>
>>6367314
so does this mean the glyos one will be on matts store then?
>>
>>6366973

Will 1000toys make stuff for literally anyone jesus. Too bad the Slice people didn't come up with a "serious" idea no matter how nice these figures look it's still a guy with pizza on his dick.
>>
>>6367718
probably
>There are some fairly major things in the works over here (I'm aware that this always seems to be the case in these posts, but it's not without merit). We have some crossover projects that won't surface until later this year, but they are unlike anything we've explored before. Some of you are going to love it, and some will not at all, but it will definitely open up some exciting new worlds.
>>
>>6367845
like if it was based on the weird halo looking version of the mold i would buy it in an instant
>>
>>6367954
oh man i just cant wait to have his store explode when this thing comes out
>>
>>6368006
If the first 3 sell well enough, should happen. The current version didn't require too many new pieces for the default body
>>
any battle tribe hauls?
>>
File: firebrand.gif (9KB, 256x223px) Image search: [Google]
firebrand.gif
9KB, 256x223px
>>6369618
Yeah I wanna see the red demon with the pterodactyl head if someone doesn't mind snapping a photo for me
>>
Really close to selling off the vast majority of my glyos. Just kind of over it but I know I won't get shit for them, and I figure if I don't sell them I'll keep buying them just to toss them in my closet and never play with them.
>>
>>6370064
Do you have any older stuff?
>>
File: IMG_5263.jpg (165KB, 750x684px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5263.jpg
165KB, 750x684px
Now this is 100% my shit, no flashy colors, no translucent plastic, just a good old monster
>>
>>6372889
Same. This is exactly what I've been waiting for.
>>
>>6372889
so $23 this time?
>>
>>6372889
WHEN
H
E
N
I'm buying at least two or three fuck yeassss. Fingers crossed for a translucent purple figure to go with the Umbrean guy.
>>
>>6372921
>https://www.instagram.com/p/BVUr2_-AQIR/
Friday 10ET
>>
Why does the majority of the Glyos community still insist on using Photobucket or Tinypic to host their images? The sites are incredibly bloated and it's really fucking annoying to have to load a full page every time i just want to zoom in on a picture. Is it really that difficult to switch to Imgur, or another lightweight host that actually gives a shit?
>>
>>6372930
I only spot two on IG, don't these guys usually come out 3 per wave? Wondering what the third will be. I'll for sure still be picking up one of each. A bit upsetting the red isn't a direct match for the Bloodlust demon, and he stated one will be a direct color match and that's the tan one which matches with the bat. Regardless I'll buy both, but I can't help but feel like a better figure to match with would've been either the Pterodactyl/Cthulhu or the redlaw Skeleton guy.
>>
>>6373511
last wave was 2- neononilla n xray
>>
>>6372889
Oh MAN, I'm not even a fan of this mold at all, but those colors are PERFECT. It's giving me a real Genndy Tartakovsky early 00s Cartoon Network vibe. Fucking amazing what the right color choices can do. I'm in for at least one, maybe more.

>>6373004
I completely agree. I also hate that saving Photobucket pics doesn't work unless you actually click through to their buggy, slow-loading site. FFS it's 2017, stop using these shitty sites.
>>
I wish Junk Shop would make a return, if only temporary. It looked like a really fun thing to participate in, too bad it's never going to return with the current "direction" of Glyos..
>>
>>6348971
>>6349026
Ready to admit that it's a noprize? I'm not even mad, i just want closure on this
>>
>>6373004

Can you delete images you post on IMGUR like a normal photo account?

I am sick of Flickr also becoming bloated shit and it taking like ten clicks to get the right url to post an image.
>>
>>6374349
You can delete your Imgur images, as long as you're logged in when you upload them.
>>
Why the fuck doesn't it match the demon? The tan doesn't make sense for a figure like this, why match to the Bat and not the more popular Demon? It's cool and the best color way on that mold so far but still a missed opportunity for swappability.
>>
>>6374467
Hoping there is a matching green to the Cthulhu, to make some true epic horrors.
>>
>>6374474
There's not. The last figure is smaller and also tan.
>>
>>6374475
Lame
>>
File: IMG_5310.jpg (225KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5310.jpg
225KB, 600x450px
>>6374467
Because it's a D&D Rust Monster homage.
>>
>>6374635
Misses that mark as well.
>>
File: IMG_5311.jpg (116KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5311.jpg
116KB, 300x300px
>>6374467
Because it's a D&D Beholder homage.
>>
File: IMG_5313.jpg (573KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5313.jpg
573KB, 1536x2048px
>>6374641
Homages don't need to be literal, in fact, I personally prefer for them not to be. This looks close enough to me.
>>
File: IMG_5314.jpg (665KB, 2048x1534px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5314.jpg
665KB, 2048x1534px
>>6374641
And so does this.
>>
File: IMG_5316.jpg (169KB, 1319x1319px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5316.jpg
169KB, 1319x1319px
>>6374641
And this.
>>
>>6374704
This is seriously so great.

>>6374702
I want to see that smaller build in Zerg colors.
>>
>>6374143
Junk Shop was indeed cool as heck. But it existed because the factory at the time produced a lot of funky defective figures. Right now the level of production is so high and polished that it just doesn't happen anymore. It's a good thing on paper, it just isn't as exciting.
>>
>>6374751
It's the result of Glyos shifting from a smaller community to a more polished toyline, I guess.

I don't think I would have gotten into Glyos without the polish of the current product, but it's interesting to look back on what Glyos used to be before it evolved into what it is today.

Custom Corps looks fun on paper as well, but the complete scarcity honestly makes it a little difficult for me to actually appreciate the idea, just because I know I'll never be able to hunt down any of these figures. The accessibility of modern releases really helped me get into Glyos, and it's at least a little calming to know that nothing is truly 'out of reach' when it comes to those.

Sorry for the tangent, just wanted to express my appreciation for the line even with the sacrifices and changes it's gone through.
>>
>>6374642
Yea, he's red.
Still could have fit the homage if he matched the red demon.

Or maybe the Demon should have matched this... either way

Not saying these are bad just that I wish they collaborated to make them work with each other better much like how Marty and NiStuff seemed to do a couple years ago.

Still totally down for the beholder. The tan doesn't work for me but glad others like it. I just hope this muted color trend continues till we get green
>>
Shouldnt the next drop date be revealed soon?
>>
>>6375694
he said the end of the month so id give it a week or so
>>
I know that nemo hasn't been able to do much since his house burned down, but does he still ship orders? I wanna get some more robots and I need to know.
>>
So did October Toys died? I'm out of the loop but I went to the site to check if the new OMFG series was coming out ever.
Said they're "pursuing new opportunities". So I take it there won't be new OMFG's?
>>
Are the bio masters likely to sell out this weekend?
>>
>>6376324
They got divorced.
>>
>>6376538
Probably not
>>
>>6374704
It's amazing what a few tiny paint aps (the eyes) does for this.
>>
>>6376324
Yeah, no new OMFGs probably ever. The community scattered to the winds a while back when OctoberToys claimed the forum had to be taken offline permanently. Then the forum didn't actually die for some reason. But it was too late, everyone was already gone. Then George and Ayleen got a divorce and got together with new people, and October Toys is pretty much officially dead. Ayleen still runs Toy Break I think though...with her new guy who looks suspiciously like George.
>>
File: IMG_5308.jpg (766KB, 1800x1800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5308.jpg
766KB, 1800x1800px
Can anyone tell me how crucial the big orb is to the experience of these parts, because if it's not that important I'll probably get this little guy instead of the big one
>>
>>6377145

>>leaving out the best part of the entire set

why would they do that
>>
>>6376324
"Pursuing other opportunities"....yeah, like Ayleen fucking some other guy that looks like George, but is completely uncreative and likes building Lego sets. Go watch a new Toy Break and you'll laugh and cry and never watch again.
>>
>>6377364
>Lego
>uncreative
>>
>>6377376
Building by the instructions is the least creative shit I can think of
>>
>>6377145
Just get both and build your own shit with the complete parts package. Why be a cheap ass getting the little one and then bitch later how you should have gotten both.
>>
>>6377441
Big fucking news flash: You can build your own shit. Lego is a building toy, dipshit. It's all about the creativity, the set designs are cool but you're not forced to use them. Want to take apart the police station you just bought and build a pirate ship or some shit? Go for it. It's made for that kind of thing. I really just can't comprehend your argument.
>>
>>6377488
Idiot...all the fake George does is build sets per the instructions. The real George actually sculpts and manufactures things.
>>
>>6377609
Oh, I misunderstood. Apologies for that, I thought you were insulting Lego as a whole. Anyways, yeah, that's not really as good, especially not for someone who does a toy show. It sounds like a shitty, cheap replacement.
>>
>>6377148
its the $5 parts pack n hub
>>
File: IMG_5364.jpg (98KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5364.jpg
98KB, 1080x1080px
>>6377145
>>
File: IMG_5363.jpg (88KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5363.jpg
88KB, 1080x1080px
>>6377148
>>
File: IMG_5362.jpg (88KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5362.jpg
88KB, 1080x1080px
>>
File: IMG_5361.jpg (94KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5361.jpg
94KB, 1080x1080px
>>6377145
>>
File: IMG_5365.jpg (91KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5365.jpg
91KB, 1080x1080px
>>
>>6377145
>>6374704

these things are gross and retarded the only good part is the ball
>>
>>6377788
Every part looks useful to me, it just depends on what your building. I'm mostly in it for the tentacles and eyes+mouths
>>
>>6374704
>>6377691
Does this one come with the tripod joint or not? It's not in the default configuration, but i see it in the second pic, and the other's don't seem to have it in red.
>>
>>6378014
I heard from pat on instagram that what you get is effectively the standard figure with an extra parts pack (the tentacle one), but it's sold out now
>>
File: IMG_5366.jpg (91KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5366.jpg
91KB, 1080x1080px
>>6376538
>>6376554
>>6378041
Yup, you snooze you loose.
Get one before these are sold out.

>>6378011
You will have tons of fun building/swapping parts around.

>>6377788
Your gross and retarded.
>>
HOLY COW. I'm lurking on 4chan /toy/ and I just see my newest hobby: Glyos! What amazing creatures aren't they?

I'm now lurking the Wikipedia and the YouTube Reviews. I'm so excited to start my collection (they are fairly cheap, around 6~10 USD).

I have only three questions:
- Are there vehicles in this line? If so, are they totally customizable like the characters?
- Is this line being released as most eastern toys, like, in small deployment that increases its value over the time? Or even the oldest Glyos are avaiable for purchase, avoiding the scalpers?
- Finally, I read somewhere that there are other lines in Glyos, such as pirates. Do you guys recommend me to stick with the aliens or collect everything?

Thanks!
>>
>>6378252 here. I forgot one question: to build an army, and to maximize my customs, should I get how many of each? 2~3 are okay? Or should I stick to one character?
>>
File: 1407913861342.jpg (1MB, 992x1041px) Image search: [Google]
1407913861342.jpg
1MB, 992x1041px
>>6378252
- Yes, there are vehicles, and yes, they are customizable! Most are made of vinyl and sadly, aren't produced too often anymore. The Rig is the most popular vehicle, and has tons of different configuration options when combined with other vinyl pieces like blocks, wedges, and conversion sets (see attached pic). Of course, you can also choose to build your own non-vinyl vehicles from scratch! Weaponeers of Monkaa and Robo Force parts would probably be great for that.
- It's an indie toyline run by one man. He releases small waves every 1-2 months, and once something sells out, it's gone forever. So check the blog often, and be there at drop time or you might miss out!
- Hmm, well, I would start with mainline Glyos (aka the "aliens"), then see what else intrigues you. My favorite "third party" lines are probably Robo Force and Kabuto Mushi. Both offer tons of building potential.

>>6378254
Sorta depends. You'll get a better feel for this as time goes on, but generally, Buildmen and Glyans are the best for build potential, so I tend to get more than one of each. Travelers tend to be a bit limited in that department so a lot of people leave them as standalone figures. This means I usually just get singles of those.

In any given drop, if I wanna be building I usually secure anywhere from 2-6 pairs of axis joints (my favorite joint, and imo the most versatile of them all), 2-4 pairs of swing joints, and maybe 1-2 phase arm/gobon blaster packs. Hub sets also have some neat pieces, they can be combined with Glyans to create Deep Space Glyans. I would probably go with 1-2 of those for building as well. Anyway, sorry, this probably sounds pretty overwhelming, but you'll get the hang of it soon.

Welcome to the Glyos family! It's a great toyline and it's cool to see you so excited about it.
>>
>>6378302

Thanks for the huge help mate!
>>
File: glyos lot.jpg (89KB, 960x528px) Image search: [Google]
glyos lot.jpg
89KB, 960x528px
I'm selling this huge lot of Glyos that I've collected over the years. I've got a few Skeledens, some Outlanders, Armorvors, and the rest are just mixed in things I seemed to acquire from drops here or there. All of the accessories are there for the ones that I bought straight out from each site, others might be missing some as I got them from places like here. Included are metallic red and blue swing and axis joints. I'm looking for $150 for the lot, but am open to negotiations.
>>
Where do people get those kickass space hangar backdrops for their photos? I'm not sure what to call them either, 'backdrop' usually just leads to photography posters.
>>
>>6379040

why are you selling them?
>>
>>6379461
I dunno specifically which ones your talking about, but check out "mechanical chain base"
>>
>>6379491
That's exactly it! Thank you!
>>
>>6379491
>These used to be $10
Ouch
>>
Some Doomguy colored glyarmor and glyans and would go super well with all these demons we're getting now
>>
Hey, it's me again. Hannah. Hannah Baker. Just kidding.

I went to buy my first Glyos on eBay and mostly were +20, +30USD plus shipping.

I thought they were cheap. Where did everything went so wrong? I mean, how can I get cheap Glyos?

(i'm not from the States)
>>
>>6380933
Join the forum at glyosconnect.com...there will be people selling figures cheaper and you can find some other UK collectors as well.
>>
>>6380933
>buy my first Glyos on eBay
That was your first mistake. Once scalpers found out about Glyos they started buying figures and immediately putting them on eBay for 2-3x the original price. eBay is almost never a good place for Glyos anymore.

Like the guy above said, try the forums, or even the BST here. Or buy straight from Onell next time there's a drop. The downside is the expensive international shipping--Matt insists on using tracking now because too many people were getting lost/stolen packages. If you wanna take a chance and save some money, ask around if anyone in the US will middleman Glyos for you. If they ship without tracking you'll still save money vs. using the shipping from the actual site.
>>
>>6379474
Really just need the cash, honestly. I don't really do anything with them anymore and they sit and gather dust.
>>
>>6380933
There is no glyos aftermarket anymore. Ebay items are relics at this point. Things used to be expensive but now things that would have sold for 100+ can be had for $10 because no one knows what it is and no one cares. If you're not buying large lots of glyos for 1/6th there original cost then you're doing it wrong.
>>
File: IMG_5417.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5417.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
In the right colors this figure scratches my eldritch abomination itch just right
>>
File: IMG_5421.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5421.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>6383545
>>
File: IMG_5422.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5422.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>6383548
Can't have AD&D without a paladin to purge the world of these abominations
>>
>>6382591
>There is no glyos aftermarket anymore.
What happened to it?
>>
>bought like $80 worth of these ages ago
>back when you get could a shitload of them for cheap in their "we fucked up on some of these and the paint/sculpt looks wonky" sales
>sales I'd found out about through /toy/
>eventually I got them, realized I didn't really like them, and tossed them into a "yard sale eventually" box
>a month later, Matt revealed on the website that they weren't doing those sales anymore because it looked like the super-hardcore collectors were abusing that system to get cheap Glyos, rather than giving everyone a fair shake at the hobby
>/toy/ bitched about it for like a week
>people on vinyl toy forums bitched about it for way, WAY longer
>went and got them all back out of the yard sale box and displayed them on my desk

The way some people reacted so venomously to Matt not selling off cheap pieces with QC issues anymore was heartbreaking.
>>
>>6384079
Glyos is kill

The glyos market was oversaturated for it's small fandom and following. Multiple sister companies sprang up- not just Callgrim, but Nistuff, Banimon, Kabuto, Spy Monkey, shit like those stupid battle beasts and mystical ring warriors. On top of this there was a huge amount of people making glyos customs and selling them for $20-$50 a pop.

The toyline, which probably only ever had around 500 consistent buyers, was now joined by it's own fans in making their own toys both on a production and custom level. So you've got 500 people struggling to buy toys from 8 different companies and dozens of custom artists. There was too much product and not enough fans. Where it used to be just 6 drops a year through the main site, people were now frantically trying to keep up on all the releases. Production numbers were pushed up so many people got everything they wanted. Slowly people would drop out of the hobby, try to sell off their collections and realize that no one wanted to buy them. They already had what they wanted, or close enough because there had been so many colors of the same figures released. There are new fans to glyos, sure, but the numbers are smaller than they used to be, and many of the big spenders are out of the game. This is why we have smaller drops with smaller amounts of product, and no real aftermarket anymore. People either already have it or don't want it or in many cases don't even know it exists.
>>
>>6384174
Try MAYBE 200 consistent buyers...tops.
>>
>>6384107
Erm, is that really what happened? I've been in the Glyos game for years and as I recall what happened was the junk shop stock simply dwindled down to nothing due to its popularity, and around that time the factory had been improving and there just weren't as many junker figs. The junk shop was effectively phased out because the workers got better at their jobs. Not because people were "abusing the system."

And why would Matt have a problem with cheap Glyos? The parts were too fucked to sell at full price anyway, and he himself said he wanted to sell those parts for cheap to give people an opportunity to bulk up their parts bins. Hell, for a while he even did "handful of random parts" sales.
>>
>>6384241
I was being generous. There was a definite push around late 2011 to the first half of 2012 where there were definitely upwards of 500 buyers though. Those were the days where each drop was bigger than the last, there were a bunch of sell outs in seconds and minutes, and they had to upgrade their servers to handle all the traffic. By 2013 it became clear that this wasn't necessarily sustainable, and the switch to inferior product didn't help. I have always maintained that it was the gylaxia II drop that was the true death of the line, it looked so bad and there was so much of it that no one wanted, it sealed the fate of larger drops going away.
>>
>>6384514
No...there were maybe 600 orrders tops back around the EMD drop, but that's when EVERYONE was doing multiple orders to try to get through quickly with the hot stuff. Matt only allows one order in the first hour now.
>>
>>6384174
>sister companies sprang up- not just Callgrim, but Nistuff, Banimon, Kabuto, Spy Monkey, shit like those stupid battle beasts and mystical ring warriors
For real, this.
>>
>>6384614
...and many people were placing yet more orders within the first week or two before ever receiving their initial orders. Matt took longer to ship and people had to decide before seeing in-hand if they wanted more of something before stock was wiped out.
>>
>>6384514
god gylaxia II was the ugliest shit ever
>>
>>6384619
Yeah, and sucked up all Matt's time and creative energy. We've got shit for new mainline Glyos since then. Some new heads, Skeleden armor thanks to George and Glyarmor. Matt, give us Delphi or SOMETHING new and creative! The old head sculpts are better than any of these newer heads. We've had enough homage and retread colorways. If Glyos is kill it's because Matt is stretched thin helping the sister companies, possibly burned out, and not giving us Anyang to be excited about. Matt's design aesthetic is the best thing about Glyos and we haven't gotten any fresh blood since Noboto in 2013.
>>
>>6384622
>god gylaxia II was the ugliest shit ever

Is that what the Robo Force is? That yellow is the best yellow I've seen on anything Glyos. It's almost a construction yellow vs the usual lemony shit we get.
>>
>>6384629
>Matt's design aesthetic is the best thing about Glyos

Yeah honestly I feel like the design and sculpt of the Robo Force set is his magnum opus. I assume he did the Zeroids too which are also great.
>>
>>6384635
Glyaxia Robo Force is Glyaxia II
>>
Fuck KotS, fuck MWotR, fuck most of Battle Tribes.

KotS has no place in Glyos, it's just a few ugly molds that really don't build well at all with other Glyos parts. I enjoy the concept, but not as a Glyos toy. Same with MWotR.

I don't believe in the 'Glyos is kill' bullshit, but this is what's wrong with Glyos at the moment. The sister companies aren't as good as Onell, and the few good ones don't have as much of a following. Where's Callgrim been, where are some nice Mushi colorways that sync with Onell colorway releases?

I think that Callgrim and Outlander are the closest to Onell's Glyos offerings, and some of my personal favorites.

I'd also like to say that, despite my complaints, I can understand why all the 'shit' Glyos releases are Glyos-compatible- It's the original Glyos vision. A fully modular system for construction figure toys. I love that. I may have a strong dislike for most of the uses, but I can appreciate how Matt lets people use the Glyos system so freely.
>>
>>6384710

When Knights of the Slice is getting $80 premium Japanese figures I feel like something went wrong somewhere.
>>
>>6384766
That reminds me, I hope that Glyosynth turns out nice. I hope it's a Pheyden, or maybe swappable Traveler heads? I'd love that, I hope it isn't too limited
>>
>>6384639
>the design and sculpt of the Robo Force set is his magnum opus
Truly. The Roboforce sculpt is amazing, it looks unique yet still fits in with the mainline Glyos aesthetic. I almost feel like Matt didn't get enough glory for that because it was all about Kent and the Big New License he had secured. Like, I bet there are fans out there who don't even know Matt sculpted that.

>>6384710
The thing is, I'm not sure why everyone sort of...lumps the sister brands in with mainline. Like, Matt created this joint system and pretty much said anyone is free to use it for whatever purpose they want. And when they did, people just complain about how it doesn't "go with" Glyos or have good buildability. Maybe...it wasn't supposed to? I view stuff like Battle Tribes, KOTS, and OSM as completely separate entities, and I think you guys would probably have a better time if you did the same.

>Where's Callgrim been
Jesse is focusing more on his printing business these days so Callgrim is pretty dead in the water.
>>
>>6384783
>I bet there are fans out there who don't even know Matt sculpted that.
the multiple posts covering it's creation makes it pretty clear matt sculpted it, convinced kent to go with the new blocky style, and hid countless secret designs into it

not arguing. just sayin should be obvious to others. wanna see that rechlen and aves rig happen matt matched up with the robo kit for future release
>>
>>6384811
I never saw any of those posts you're talking about, and I'm sure there are many others like me. Heck, the only actual reason I know Matt sculpted it is because I recognize his style by now, and I know Kent has fuck-all sculpting skills.
>>
>>6384866
http://onelldesign.blogspot.com/2013/10/maxx-works.html
http://onelldesign.blogspot.com/2013/11/maxx-works-2.html
http://onelldesign.blogspot.com/2013/11/maxx-works-3.html
http://toyfinity.blogspot.com/2013/10/the-return-of-robo-force.html
>>
>>6385418
Thanks for digging those up, they're interesting to read, but it's kinda irrelevant. I was just saying, it's easy to miss blog posts, especially if you're new to the game. So like me, many people probably are not aware that Matt sculpted it.
>>
>>6385447
You put those goalposts back right now, mister man.
>>
>End of June
News tomorrow with week left?
>>
Drop details starting. New thread
>>>6386761
Thread posts: 317
Thread images: 63

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.