[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When your parental unit admits that they were wrong.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

File: image.png (205KB, 416x342px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
205KB, 416x342px
A little vignette from my childhood.

> Goes to toy store with mother.
> Prime Christmas shopping season.
> Spots this.
> Shows mother.
> Mom says "Okay, but later."
> Explains that this will be impossible to find later, and price will skyrocket.
> We leave without buying it.
> Next time at store, absolutely none in stock.
> Some time later, sees one on the Internet.
> Price in the $300s+, and rising.
> Shows mother.
> She admits that a 13-year-old knew more than a 51-year-old.
>>
Your mom was 51 when you were 13?
>>
>>6327560
Shit that means she pop you out at 38. Sounds rough
>>
Everything about this bothers me
>>
>>6327560
>>6327581
Not the OP, but my mom had me when menopause was about ready to come-a-knockin. And I got a co-worker, that was the youngest of their brood that came out later in their mothers life than me.
>>
>>6327581
My Girlfriend and I have a 1 year old. My girlfriend's mother just popped a kid out and she's 46. My son is gonna be fuckin confused having an uncle younger than him.
>>
>>6327949
He'll already be a mess from having a furposting bonkle fag for a dad.
>>
>>6327556
No.

>Old person cannot believe the loss of cultural values that would facilitate a cheap plastic toy gaining such monetary value in such a short time.

You did not know more than her, she expected more of society.
>>
>>6327556
Your mother did the right thing by accident tho, that set sucked
>>
File: 1311620728168.gif (2MB, 236x224px) Image search: [Google]
1311620728168.gif
2MB, 236x224px
>>6328194
ok, dad.

It's not like she would have known that the set was the only representation of god himself in the series that we'd ever get.
>>
File: 8940-1.png (230KB, 560x380px) Image search: [Google]
8940-1.png
230KB, 560x380px
I had the opposite story but it involved the karzanhi set. Parents bought it for me because they believed me about it being SUPER RARE or whatever.

Recently I gave the dark blue mask away to this autistic guy who wanted it more than me. I hope he likes it. Funny after all this time I never was into the design of that mask much.
>>
>>6327581
My Mom had me when she was 35 or 36 and I'm convinced that's why I'm so fucked up. I want to die
>>
>>6328199
It's not like that matters because it's just a box of plastic parts. It's not a book or art or something that should have a high value among adults.

Liking childrens things was taboo only a few years ago. Straight up obsessing over them is brand fucking new and only gaining steam because brainwashing people into children makes companies billions of dollars. Just look at how Disney has capitalized on a mindless audience of adult children.
>>
>>6328207
No you don't or you would have done it already. Sort yourself out. Don't be a damn victim. Everybody will just abuse you as long as you are.
>>
>>6328212
I think this is a bit more of an American thing. Usually stuff like this is pretty sanely priced when you look at the aftermarkets of other countries.

I think Americans don't have a proper sense of value because they lack trade and barter situations in their daily lives.
>>
>>6328205
Except that set is pretty rare, anon.
>>
>>6328241
>because they lack trade and barter situations in their daily lives.
What country in the west doesn't?
>>
>>6328334
How difficult was it to find at the time? I thought it was just a Toys R Us exclusive and that there wasn't much else to it.
>>
>>6328347
Well I don't know what it's like to be European but I routinely see on sites like bricklink that they price their parts more sanely and not in the FUCK YOU PAY ME prices that many Americans do.

Same with the Japanese too.

I know it's not a rule or anything but this has been fairly consistent. Americans seem to expect anything that's not in retail circulation to make them get rich quick.
>>
>>6328197
Yeah, all the interesting parts of him are just the legs. The torso is paper thin and terrible and the arms are nothing.

I still have mine up on display, I ended up taking apart the shitty shield to fill out his torso and stuck a few bits laying around to beef him up a bit.
>>
>>6328371
I don't recall, but it goes for easily over 200 sealed now 'days.
>>
My mom is 70 and I'm just 24.
Also,that set sucks!
>>
>>6328205
>tfw my Mom got me this for Christmas
>>
>>6328194
this
>>
>>6328376
This.

Also people in Lego fan circles seem to forget, that there is barely a difference between used and new Lego bricks. Unless you have shit luck and the set was gnawed on by a child or the part was shittly engineered there will be no noticeable difference. Especially with many people or teens buying sets the chance that the "used" model only stood on a shelf is higher than ever.
Many times I see claims on forums or here that a set is worth hundreds of dollars, while its original price was below 100$, I search for the set used and it will come up for the same or a lesser price than the original price.
>>
test
>>
File: FB_IMG_1490683523905.jpg (6KB, 304x338px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1490683523905.jpg
6KB, 304x338px
>>6328205
>tfw mom believed me in 2009 (?) that nocturne was exclusive af and glows in the dark
>tfw I gave all my bonkles away years ago before my /toy/darianism and regret it to this day
>>
File: index.jpg (4KB, 192x200px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
4KB, 192x200px
>about to call OP underaged
>do the math
>if you were 13 in 2009 you'd be 21 now
>mfw
>>
>>6337882
>nocturne is exclusive af
Was he? How so? maybe I should build mine again.
>>
File: P1060604.jpg (359KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
P1060604.jpg
359KB, 1200x1600px
>1995, Christmas Eve
>Beg Mom to get me this from seller in the mall
>"I already got you something for Christmas. Let's come back after New Year's"
>Early January 1996
>Come back on a mission
>Nowhere to be seen
>Mom apologizes profusely

Oh well.
>>
>Parental unit

Are you fucking retarded..?
>>
>>6338761
Have you never watched the Coneheads?
>>
man i miss the old bionicles
not to say the new ones are that bad, just nostalgia really
>>
>>6338761
Thats the meme you dip
>>
>>6337882
I know that feel anon
Never shouldve given parts out so easily.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.