[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

alternative skateboards

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 7

File: file.png (2MB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2MB, 1200x800px
I want to buy pic related or something similar, and it would be nice if I could buy it before it gets dark so I can go around the lake a few times. Anyone know of any brick and mortar stores that sell this kind of two-piece waveboard-motion... thing?

also, alternative skateboard thread I guess
>>
File: file.png (1MB, 773x713px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1MB, 773x713px
the "annular skates" are the biggest hits for my attempted google searches but I don't really want to get these.

one of the nice things about waveboards is that if you lean both feet foward or backwards, the rotating trucks mean that you can sort of slide in a direction that's not directly forward ("in line with the line from the bow to the stern of the device" i guess)

on the other hand, i've never ridden these and i have ridden the ones in the OP (those were great fun) so maybe I should get these just for variety.
>>
File: file.png (640KB, 797x449px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
640KB, 797x449px
i found this ripstick on craiglist for $25 and they go for like $80 on amazon and i think it was about the same in a walmart or wherever I saw them last, but you see these all over the place and they're nothing special. I kind of want to turn heads.
>>
File: file.png (2MB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2MB, 1200x900px
I also found this on craigslist, also $25 but much closer to me. On amazon they're about 10-20 cheaper than these >>6326658 which makes me wonder what the difference is, whether the build quality is worse or something. I've never seen someone ride these, but I know like 5 people with the other version. It does seem to be the same brand though, not a knock-off or anything.

also yeah i'm not sure if this thread should go on this board or not, this is literally my first time on /toy/, but I checked /asp/ and it was just full of wrestling. and on craigslist this stuff was in the toys section.
>>
File: file.png (350KB, 1200x583px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
350KB, 1200x583px
also on craigslist, also by ripstick, are these

how the fuck do these work - do they like bend by twisting the material itself - no joint? how is that supposed to last any time at all?
>>
File: file.png (220KB, 624x432px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
220KB, 624x432px
found these in some list of alternative skateboards. what intrigued me was the lack of rotating trucks. that seems like it would completely remove the wiggling motion that ripsticks and variants use to move forward. these look like skates, but unlike skates, you can't lift them up and set them down further fowards in a skating motion.

has anyone ridden them? how do they work?
>>
>I want to turn heads

It will turn heads alright when people see some fat fedoralord go down the street wriggling on a ripstick board.
>>
Hey guys, a couple weeks ago I found these weird shoes with skateboard wheels on them at the thrift store.

They're kinda like >>6326668 and >>6326656 but they cover your whole foot instead of just strapped on to the bottoms of your feet. They're really bulky, but at least they don't roll out from under you like those others do.

Does anybody know what they are? They look like something from the 80's, but I can't tell. Naturally, Google gives men nothing.
>>
>>6326756
>Naturally, Google gives men nothing.
than's matriarchy
>>
>>6326681
hey, that's not very nice
there's quite a lot of people on razor scooters, skateboards, rollerblades, etc in my local park most of the time
also i weigh like 135 pounds
>>
>>6326756
Are you really this stupid or are you pretending?
>>
>>6327123
Do you know how jokes work?
>>
Man, what's wrong with just...a skateboard

It's versatile, it will grant you hours of fun learning tricks, and you will turn heads once you learn to do some impressive shit on it

These "alternative" skateboards will just bring you ridicule whenever an actual skateboarder sees you. I mean I'm not trying to kill your fuckin buzz here, you do you and all, but I'm just sayin.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.