[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Transformers Third Party Gen: G2 edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 323
Thread images: 72

File: FH Gunfighter.jpg (88KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
FH Gunfighter.jpg
88KB, 720x960px
G1 thread >>6309063
>>
GT Gravity Builder came in. A li'l disappointed with him, folks made him sound like the next king of the combiner-hill to usurp Feral Rex - yeah fuckin' right. The vehicle modes are ace, no complaint there. Robot modes are hit or miss - half of them have pitiful levels of articulation in either the arms or legs. The gun-turret transformation is AWFUL, especially since the shitty sliders end up being either too loose or too tight and refuse to budge.. or refuse to stay. The combiner head just.. dear fuckin' god the kibble flopping around his head-area is an abortion. Scrapper can't stand for shit (as a leg), have to flip the wheels up and hope to god you can get it to stand without the fuckin' knee popping out every time while wiggling it about. A lot of the plastic bits are scary-thin and I don't think they'll hold up over time. Nothing tabs in anywhere for the sake of their robot modes, just flips around and hangs onto the wrist, wew. The fragile warning for things like Long Haul's arms are.. scary when you realize just how fragile those things are, and you have to fuckin' yank on them for transformations. I could go on, just wanted to vent a li'l given how high my expectations were set after what I'd read, versus what I experienced.
>>
>>6324157
Save for the head which I agree could have been better it sounds like you don't have him transformed properly. Mine stands like a champ with no problem. Yeah their are pieces that could/should have tabbed in on the individual bots but, by no means a deal breaker.
>>
File: gravity builder-08.jpg (277KB, 1000x470px) Image search: [Google]
gravity builder-08.jpg
277KB, 1000x470px
>>6324157
Are the robot modes really that bad?
>>
File: 1369643550834.jpg (35KB, 407x482px) Image search: [Google]
1369643550834.jpg
35KB, 407x482px
>>6324157
>buying any devastator that isn't the takara UW one
>>
>>6324196
See the one on the far right? His legs can go about a half inch forward or back, bends fine at the knee but at the waist it's an utter joke. The shit under his arms is kibble city, but then again 90% of them have that problem. Plus the shit on the sides of his legs basically guarantees you actually CAN'T bend the knees very far without having to re-position them.

Out of all of them, the good robot modes are (from left to right) 1, 2, 4, and sort of 5, but his arms are... ehn. The split-shovel is held on somewhat loosely, and the look displayed is fucking stupid - he does clean up a lot better if you treat the shovel-attachments as giant claws though, as you no longer have something attached at the WRIST and trying to hover it over the SHOULDER.

Can't even disconnect it for fuck's sake.

>>6324175
I stand and pose him fine, but the shovel-leg does give issues in certain positions. Plus all the fucking tabs on his left leg keep popping out when trying to maneuver him. He's alright, but fuck they half-assed getting tab sizes right on this thing.
>>
>>6324201
>buying Playskool and calling it Transaformers
>>
>>6313455
This clearly won't transform, but dear lord, do I want it more than anything.

UNLESS a DotM Megs comes out that is equally as accurate as this.
>>
>>6324355
I really want that non-transforming Shockwave they've shown a few times.
>>
>>6324272
Correction, I meant the far LEFT has issues moving his legs forward or back, as he his skirt can't move. The far right still has the issues with the side-kibble obstructing knee-bending though.
>>
File: TF-Dream-Factory-Shockwave-01.jpg (101KB, 714x960px) Image search: [Google]
TF-Dream-Factory-Shockwave-01.jpg
101KB, 714x960px
>>6324367
Needs more articulation especially since he's not a transforming figure.
>>
File: Poseidon.jpg (43KB, 310x424px) Image search: [Google]
Poseidon.jpg
43KB, 310x424px
>>6324157
>next king of the combiner-hill to usurp Feral Rex

That's TFC Poseidon.
>>
>>6324407
I assume they're going to add more though anyway right?
>>
>>6324201
>>6324354
Can we not do this shit this time?

The fact of the matter is there still is no Devestator, third party or official, that will please everybody. People are going to like what they like and dislike what they don't. Arguing about it like a bunch of children isn't going to do anything besides shit up the thread.

>>6324157
I'm pretty sure >>6324175 is right and you have something mistransformed because mine too stands very solidly in combined mode and holds together when posing with no issues. I will agree with you on the combined mode head kibble though. That shit is a fucking mess and I don't understand how it ended up so poorly done. The tolerences just aren't there for any of it to hold together properly, it all just kinda floats around his neck in combined mode, and in vehicle mode, it sticks out like a sore thumb and doesn't look like it's really part of the vehicle. I also agree on the some of the shit with the robot mode arm kibble. That shit really should have tabbed in instead of just floating there and relying on friction to hold it. As for articulation, I don't really see any major issues with it. It's not amazing with double joints everywhere but it's not nearly as limited as you make it sound and gets the job done.

Overall, I still rather like the set. I don't recall anybody saying it was the best thing since Feral Rex EVER but when people say it's a solid combiner, they have plenty of reasons to believe that and I wholeheartedly agree. >>6324415 is right though and Poseidon is the new gold standard for how a combiner can be done. TFC really stepped up their shit and it's a great set in all modes. Still not without its flaws but it performs well in every area where it matters most. I still don't see why folks are complaining about the price per figure. It's not cheap but I feel you get your money's worth for the size and quality.
>>
>>6324415

I wish they'd hurry up and release Not-Tentakil. It's color balance looks so off to me without more of the pink and blue on'em.
>>
>>6324481
I would just like a colored test shot as this point. Its been so long since an update.
>>
>>6324454
Go tell that to the poorfags shilling their shit.
>>
File: 1WhoCares.jpg (55KB, 613x178px) Image search: [Google]
1WhoCares.jpg
55KB, 613x178px
>>6324484
>>
>>6324482

I wish I could afford it. I got Feral Rex and love'em, but that was kind of a one time thing due to the cost.
>>
>>6324134

I agree with you completely in regards to Gravity Builder, he is somewhat overhyped. He was my first combiner, and while he is nice, he's by no means amazing. The head kibble as you said looks shit, Hook definitely feels like he was rushed out. The chestplate falls off all the damn time, his hips are poorly designed imo and the and palm fillers make it a nightmare to hold his weapon. As you said, the individual bots are frustrating as bits and pieces just hang off them without tabbing in which is just lazy. All that being said though, I love him aesthetically, I just wish he was better.
>>
>>6324486
Then don't bitch about it.
>>
>>6324418
I'm still waiting for them to actually release something. Bonecrusher, Megs, hell even the new Wreckers.
>>
>tfw just want a good Devastator that's slightly bigger than a CW combiner
>All the nicely sized Devastators are dated as hell
>All the good Devastators are the wrong size
>CW/UW Devastator sucks
Feels bad man.

That said, is Hercules + the Rage kit worth £255? I know he's pretty dated but that seems like a good deal for a 3P combiner.
>>
>>6324606
Seems expensive though.
>>
>>6324606

Herc is really dated by today's standards and that seems overly expensive for what he is. You definitely shouldn't be paying that much, I picked up the first 5 Poseidon bots for £280 shipped from China a couple of weeks ago, so you should be paying nowhere near that for Hercules.
>>
>>6324201
>being a takaracuck
>>
/toy/ tell me about Eavi Metal Phase Eight: A - Jungle Warrior Simba? Is he worth getting? How good are his joints and by that extension how much strain does he put on Star Saber for Victory Saber mode?
>>
>>6324677
For being a KFC product he's very good. Unfortunately he dose indeed put a lot of strain on Sabers already weak joints but, there is an upgrade kit to fix him up.
>>
>>6324454
So you're telling me when you try posing him, the tabs on the heel of his left leg don't keep popping out? Seriously?
>>
>>6324683
Not that anon but everything on mine is solid.
>>
File: 1365921834628.jpg (39KB, 649x536px) Image search: [Google]
1365921834628.jpg
39KB, 649x536px
>>6324681
>upgrade kit to fix him up.

Please explain.
>>
>>6324606

FT and an MP dev is your only hope. The former will be around 20 inches tall though and scaled around their omega supreme, who himself is like 22" at the head.
>>
>>6324688
KFC and ABS both did joint upgrade kits for Saber so he can actually hold his shield up. Along with all of Simba's gear.
>>
>>6324694
Thanks for the info.
>>
>>6324615
I see- what store did you use? I'm looking on eBay so maybe that's my problem. Is Chimungmung a good bet for a Britbong?
>>
>>6324723

I got the Poseidon set off the seller Moon's Toys on Aliexpress. It took 2 weeks exactly and it made it through customs without any charges. I've also bought from Uncle Billy on Aliexpress in the past as had zero issues too.

Chimungmung is fantastic, Tony who runs the store is super helpful, I had an issue where I'd ordered 5 things at once and he'd forgot one of them. He apologised profusely and sent it out the next day alongside a free KFC Opticlones set. He's actually got a new store called Robotoybase that's just a better looking of his Chimungmung site. Once again, I've never been stung by customs charges.

As far as eBay seller's go, I tend to use Netclow as I find them to be well priced and they ship really quickly. Much like the others, I've never been stung by a customs charge there either.
>>
>>6324730
Thanks mate, I'll look into them. Sound like good bets.
>>
>>6324738

No worries matey!
>>
>>6324688
fitting image
>>
File: zeta-whirlblade-1.jpg (142KB, 747x950px) Image search: [Google]
zeta-whirlblade-1.jpg
142KB, 747x950px
So Toyworld Blast-off and Vortex are up for pre-order, at least on Kapow.

It seems they've switched companies and are now being distributed by another company called Zeta. The price isn't too bad and I quite like the chunkier aesthetic but we've still not seen any of the other Combaticons so I'm a bit weary.

Guess I'll wait and see what UniqueToys is up to.
>>
File: zeta-take-off-2.jpg (158KB, 1362x950px) Image search: [Google]
zeta-take-off-2.jpg
158KB, 1362x950px
>>6324755
>>
>>6324755
Is that Blast Off or Vortex?
>>
File: zeta-whirlblade-4.jpg (157KB, 1362x950px) Image search: [Google]
zeta-whirlblade-4.jpg
157KB, 1362x950px
>>6324758
Vortex my dude. Looking like movie Blackout here.
>>
>>6324762
Technically Grindor from those colors but he looks FINE.

Wait, do the rotors reach for the fin rotor too?
>>
>>6324757
BlastOff continues to surprise me. Warbotron's figure for him was pretty great and this one's looking good.
>>
>>6324762
I don't like the robot mode, and the combined mode is too partsformy for me, but hot damn that helicopter mode is gorgeous.
>>
>>6324762

It could be pretty cool if they release it as a standalone Blackout figure. Navy blue instead of the light grey, dark greys and blacks everywhere else...
>>
File: draggers.jpg (61KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
draggers.jpg
61KB, 540x960px
Fuck this guy is pretty. I hope the combined mode pans out.
>>
>>6324484
Nothing to do with being poor. UW Devastator is just the only good one. Gravity Builder is an overgreebled POS that has robot modes that barely resemble the characters and the Toyworld one is fucking lazy with all its partsforming.
>>
File: 3PCombinerCycle.jpg (178KB, 800x598px) Image search: [Google]
3PCombinerCycle.jpg
178KB, 800x598px
>>6324810

You know the drill.
>>
>>6324829

>I don't like the way one looks despite being objectively superior to UW

>I don't like the design choice that makes constructor the most articulated combiner ever made despite it also being objectively superior to UW

I couldn't imagine how embarrasing it must feel to be stuck with a flimsy McDonald's toy while bitterly presenting your trash as an even passable substitute for an adult collectable. Go back to the peasents thread you subhuman.
>>
>>6324886

>not swoocing right on in on those v2 boxed sets for like 3/4 original price.

Those poor constructor early adopters.
>>
>>6324755
>>6324757

>That horrible kibble.

Haven't seen kibble that bad on a 3p for a long time.
>>
>>6324887
>I don't like the design choice that makes constructor look like shit.

fixed that for you.
>>
>>6324896

>aesthetics equals quality

You're a genuinely stupid motherfucker. Like a held back in kindergarten because you can't color in the lines stupid motherfucker. I think Poseidon looks like neon cotton candy garbage but that doesn't mean that he's not solid as fuck and well made. You're a stupid fucking mental child subhuman. Kill yourself. How the fuck can you obfuscate objective quality with subjective taste. No wonder the mainline buying subhuman is down syndrome addled underage retard who never was told that facts and opinions are different things.
>>
>>6324829
If you keep trying really hard, you may succeed to convince yourself.
>>
>>6324923
>well made
>constructor

pick one.
>>
>>6324933

>He doesn't own a v2 Constructor

baka senpai
>>
>>6324962
The fact that there even needs to be a v2 in the first place is telling.
>>
>reviews for susanoo are finally up
>He looks absolutely awful

Fuck, I wanna get one since I was really into it, but there's nothing intuitive about him, and he's so floppy.
>>
>>6324486
Because of the 80s cartoon I can only read these guys voices in like a jersey accent. It's great.
>>
>>6325011

Yeah, I tend to read everything in the G1 voices myself.

Gets really weird reading current IDW Megs in his G1 voice though.
>>
>>6324997

He didn't really look floppy to me in the emgo review. The only part that looked a bit dodgy was his shoulders because they're on one of those stupid fucking...I don't know the joint name, but every toy I've seen use that type before never has a locking point and tends to shift.
>>
>>6324683
That is exactly what I'm saying?

>>6324528
we're bitching about both of you idiots coming in and shitting up the thread with your stupid bickering over who's children's plaything is better.
>>
>>6324997

The armor is obtrusive but everything else seemed mostly fine. The crotch hook was surprisingly not shit, he's poseable af, all his accessories work really well. He looks good! Did you watch a seperate review.
>>
>FT unveiled everything under the sun this year
>no astrotrain
>>
>>6325039
Just read it in his TF Prime voice. It's still Welker but has a deeper, more menacing tone to it that fits his appearence. I actually used to read all of the pre-war IDW stuff in WFC Meg's voice and then switched to TF Prime Meg's voice for anything after that as kind of a way to show his age and how battle has gotten to him. Same kinda thing for Optimus. I read him in his TFA voice while he was still Orion Pax and then the Cullen voice when he became Prime.
>>
>>6324997
Just buy the ROTF one and get the headrobots head. It looks better anyway.
>>
File: 1494090672204.png (261KB, 1039x559px) Image search: [Google]
1494090672204.png
261KB, 1039x559px
>>6325136

>just by the shitty unpainted version with jello swords and less articulation

>It's better bro
>>
>>6325167
Then just kys, you entitled little fuck.
>>
File: IMG_4578.jpg (148KB, 784x949px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4578.jpg
148KB, 784x949px
>>6325173

I'm entitled to a superior figure you subhuman. Go back to /poorfag/ with your cheap hasbro garbage.
>>
File: 1ToyMasterRace.jpg (218KB, 1292x672px) Image search: [Google]
1ToyMasterRace.jpg
218KB, 1292x672px
>>6325186
>>
>>6325186
If you kys you won't be strained into making irrelevant choices anymore.

Then again, you might as well stay alive because either way, you're an irrelevant speck of nothing, who will leave no impact on the universe in the grander scheme of things.
>>
>>6325186
I'm sure that new Bludgeon is a better figure in terms of quality and engineering, but man I just like the proportions and sculpt of the original figure more. It wasn't perfect, but something about this one just fees awkward.
>>
>>6324415
Too bad I hate a lot of those gaudy late G1 colors. God Neptune version when?
>>
>>6325188

Why would I buy cheap garbage when 3P and MP figures exist? Kill yourself for pretending they are equivalent.
>>
>>6325203
B-but the ROTF/2010/RTS lines are the GOLD STANDARD
G O L D S T A N D A R D

O

L

D

S

T

A

N

D

A

R

D
>>
>>6325194

You don't even have an argument. You just peddle your cheap shit and get salty when someone posts superior adult collectables to wash away the peasent garbage filth you bring into my thread. Behold quality, look inside yourself and lament your reprehensible poverty, and truly kill yourself.
>>
>>6325211
>Behold quality

man, the inherent problem with this release is that its emulating all-too-faithfully a cheap toy with questionable design decisions, namely contrasting bright orange with the realistic military colors,and doing some of it worse(ROTF bludgeon at least hid most of the orange samurai armor panels in vehicle mode.)
>>
>>6325238

Taking good designs from the mainline and making then bigger, better, more complex, and more articulated is a good thing.

So he hides the panels worse, so what? He is measurably better in just about every way.
>>
>>6325238

>contrasting bright orange with military green

This is just bludgeon though.
>>
File: 1494571089062.jpg (52KB, 700x466px) Image search: [Google]
1494571089062.jpg
52KB, 700x466px
>>6325211
>superior adult collectables

Oh i am laffin.
>>
I was wondering why there was barely any shitposting in /tfg/
It's all in here
>>
>>6325293

Nah it's nonrelated. The antibayformer sperg and the dude spamming takaracuck are tfg residing shitposters. I'm the elitist shitposter and generally stay here.
>>
Is there any "clear" instructions on how to get Carnifex's shoulder armor to properly go into vehicle mode. This shit has driven me insane!!!
>>
File: IMG_8406.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8406.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>6325274
I agree with that, and two of my favorite recent figures are just that. Still, I think if you're going to commit to the realistic alt mode, you really have to sell it, and just keeping the orange panels on the tank just looks like it was poorly thought. To say nothing of the proportions, which I like better on the RoTF. I liked the skeletal look.

>>6325283
Eh, I sense some adaptation decay. G1s Bludgeon kept the alt-mode and pretender shell separate. Obviously that isn't the point here, but this feels like a reinterpretation of a reinterpretation, and at this point I barely see G1Bludgeon in the design beyond the initial concept and colors.
>>
>>6324810
I might just get him as a stand alone. I had G1 drag strip as a kid so I have a soft spot for the character.
>>
>>6324810
This looks great. Like the guy above, I have no real desire to build the combiner, but I might buy this as a standalone. If they retool this into Mirage I'd buy that too, since it kind of reminds me of the Classics mold a bit (and that was my favorite fucking mold).
>>
>>6325305

I don't remember if the ROTF toy is based on the idw design or vice versa, but either way Susanoo is an interpretation of a remagining of g1 bludgeon. I think it's just trying to be an MP esk ROTF toy. It accomplishes that just fine.

I don't know how an true MP pretender would even work.
>>
>>6325203

Fucking fun quick transformations is why like triggerhappy.
>>
>>6325480

I'll wait for a proper 3P or MP interpretation of the character. I'd rather be patient than settle for whatever hastak shits out. Too many wobbly headmaster connections, floppy limbs, and gappy calves for me.
>>
File: 1491075596331.jpg (46KB, 508x650px) Image search: [Google]
1491075596331.jpg
46KB, 508x650px
>>6325211
>>6325186
Sometimes I chuckle at the thought of Bludgeon firing a huge katana in tank mode at the enemy.
>>
>>6325487
desu upscale the TR mold, remove headmaster gimick, give articulated hands, make the limbs less hollow, and have his legs in jet form be a bit cleaner as well as some nice paint and a target master you have a MP Trigger happy easily. The articulation, transformation, and just overall design of that figure is really quite good.
>>
>>6325197
I know what you mean, bro. It looked liked a weird robo-skeleton in samurai armor, and that's pretty damn cool. The third party just looks like robo-samurai, which is cool, but not as cool as the original.
>>
>>6325274
I wouldn't say making something bigger or more complex is always a good thing.
>>
New renders from iGear, apparently.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>6325867
>new
>>
>>6325875
>>6325876
NEED KITT AND KARR VERSIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
File: ArmTVTidalWave.jpg (57KB, 480x635px) Image search: [Google]
ArmTVTidalWave.jpg
57KB, 480x635px
Apparently MMC is considering doing Unicron trilogy figures. Going to release a repaint of a current mold as a UT character (hotshot from Calidus...?) And then others in the planning stages. I hope that there is a Carnifex sized Tidalwave in there.
>>
>>6325886
Makes me curious to see how or if they would handle any of the characters that have the ability to powerlink with others.
>>
>>6325890

My guess is that they'd skip gimmicks like Powerlinking that if they did Energon guys, but you never know. I'm not sure which Energon guys with that gimmick are really unique and memorable enough that people would be interested.
>>
>>6325886
I hope this also means 3rd party minicons
>>
>>6325895
I didn't really think about Energon.
I was more looking at Armada like with Optimus and Jetfire or Megatron and Tidal Wave.
>>
>>6325904

Oh, I'd guess they'd just try to make a really large, cool Tidal Wave (about Carnifex size, like C16 said) for example, and not worry about the gimmick.

But you never know. I guess I'd be okay with it if they could pull it off.
>>
>>6325789

No, but having more joints in the shoulders, arms, hands, and fingers makes him much more poseable and emotive than the rotf toy.
>>
>>6325886

I'd fucking nut over a hueg tidal wave figure.
>>
>>6325899
>paying that much for Mini-cons

I mean, it would be cool to have them, but the appeal of Mini-Cons to me was always that they were cheap and cheerful additions to my Transformers. Even though I've got a lot more disposable income now, I think I'd have a harder time justifying a lot of small, medium-priced figures than one huge, really expensive figure.
>>
Toyworld is redesigning a bruticus and superion because their designers apparently ran off with their current design and are going to sell then under "zeta toys".
>>
>>6325951
haha
>>
>>6325886
As long as they make super solid Optimus and Megatron from Armada. I love those designs but the armada toys have some big limitations. Most of the Megatron figures limitations arent even caused by a gimmick either such as no forward moving hips or knees.
>>
File: sauce is dgrey-man.jpg (98KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
sauce is dgrey-man.jpg
98KB, 1920x1080px
>>6325951
kek

if only drama like this happens once a month to give 3P discussions more variety.
>>
File: 1472159542399.jpg (71KB, 439x629px) Image search: [Google]
1472159542399.jpg
71KB, 439x629px
>>6325951
Third party scene truly is a cutthroat business.
>>
>>6325951
Well if they are the same design team who were responsible for Constructor, I guess TW dodged a bullet.
>>
>>6324755
>>6324757
Holy shit these two are cheap. Didn't expect the limbs to be so inexpensive.

I wonder if they will pull a FP and make onslaught stupid expensive.
>>
>>6325951
Good, means we get more options. I wasn't keen on that design anyway, kibble-city with partsforming.
>>
>>6326001

Constructor was succesful enough to warrant a g2 yellow version and a boxed set. TW has to get new designers so their aesthetic is essentially Zetas now. TW was really hurt by this and openly called them thieves.
>>
Is iGear doing another G1 Ironhide mold the first time a 3rd Party company has made two completely different figures (i.e. the second figure is not like a revision of the first) of the same version of the same character?
>>
>>6326133

DX9 has done a couple characters in both MP and Legends scale if that counts
>>
>>6326133

Toy world has made different Primes. Maketoys has as well.
>>
>>6326169

I mean yeah companies have made multiple of the same character but those are completely different designs. Maketoys has made a version of G2 Laser OP and a a version that's their own aesthetic, based on the general idea of G1 Optimus. Toyworld has made IDW comic Optimus and G1 Optimus.

But in this case this is iGear's second figure that is basically just regular G1 Ironhide.
>>
>>6325886
Actually, if the comic that comes with Calidus is to believed, it might become Energon Ironhide.
>>
>>6325886

I'd honestly rather they stick to IDW figures. I like a lot of the IDW designs, and no one else is really doing them outside of one-off figures like MT's two Mangamech releases, both of which were expensive for little reason (seriously they should've sold that fucking guy without Cyclonus parts) and hard as fuck to find nowadays too.
>>
>>6326281
Guess it's because Energon Ironhide was called Roadbuster in Japan, which was reflected in the Cloud Roadbuster using the T30 mold with Energon Ironhide colors.
>>
File: 91ybaFnFt-L._SL1500_.jpg (389KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
91ybaFnFt-L._SL1500_.jpg
389KB, 1500x1500px
>Transformers keep getting smaller and more poorly designed yet keep getting more expensive

$20 for this shit?! 5.5"? wtf
>>
>>6326348
Wrong thread, friend.
>>
>>6326348
That's funny cause ours keep getting better and tend to be going down in price
>>
File: ut brawl.jpg (194KB, 820x1229px) Image search: [Google]
ut brawl.jpg
194KB, 820x1229px
>>
File: UT brawl 2.jpg (196KB, 820x1229px) Image search: [Google]
UT brawl 2.jpg
196KB, 820x1229px
>>
File: 7a1d6f3bgy1ffk4z6bq79j21kw11xdle.jpg (124KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
7a1d6f3bgy1ffk4z6bq79j21kw11xdle.jpg
124KB, 1024x683px
>>
File: swindle.jpg (191KB, 820x1229px) Image search: [Google]
swindle.jpg
191KB, 820x1229px
>>
File: 7a1d6f3bgy1ffk4zlwjvhj21kw2dcnb9.jpg (201KB, 820x1229px) Image search: [Google]
7a1d6f3bgy1ffk4zlwjvhj21kw2dcnb9.jpg
201KB, 820x1229px
>>
>>
>>6325895
There's really no reason to do most of the Energon autobots. most of the deluxes are just pre-Classics attempts of G1 updates that are now dated. The voyagers and above are not particularly interesting characters but I do think a lot of the designs are cool, like Landmine.

How they'd handle minicons would really be interesting, especially if they can do it in a way that's less obstructive.
>>
>>6324134
is that really 3p? it looks like hasbro tier shit
>>
File: 1492982428893.gif (85KB, 450x523px) Image search: [Google]
1492982428893.gif
85KB, 450x523px
>>6326612
>>
>>6326576
>>6326583

Who does these.
>>
>>6326576
>>6326578
>>6326581
>>6326583
>>6326586
>>6326592
Man they are really shooting for G1 toon accuracy here aren't they? Credit where credit is due though, they look clean as hell.
>>
>>6326621
>implying that's bait
>in the fucking 3p thread
if I wanted to bait I would have posted that in the other general
>>
>>6324454
We need more companies that just fix and re-engineer official figures like Wei Jiang.
CW/UW Devastator could be the best Devastator with some major tweaks; most 3P companies over-engineer the individual robots on their Devastators.
>>
>>6326652

Drop it in size until it scaled appropriately with the other CW combiners and my gigantic boner would be unable to be contained.
>>
>>6326576
>>6326581
I REALLY like how this guy looks. The extra clean and blocky look reminds me of some retro sci-fi paintings or somethin'.
>>
File: deadlock.jpg (596KB, 2181x1226px) Image search: [Google]
deadlock.jpg
596KB, 2181x1226px
Deadlock's alt mode is such a nothingblob that it looks just as good/bad upside down.
>>
>>6326748
i really couldn't tell which side is which
>>
File: IMG_20170513_113046.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170513_113046.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>6326652
Guy bitching about Gravity Builder here. I still find issue with a lot of his flaws, but his combined mode is, for the most part, probably an 8/10, vehicles 10/10, and robots 7/10. For the most part I like his gestalt iteration, from a looks & posability perspective it's a massive 10/10, and the arms are more than sturdy enough to hold his club/gun at any angle... but those legs, fuckin' hell. I know managing to make those things into feet can't be easy, but it's not very well done, and the issues with the thighs not having forward/back ratchets can really add to the pain. It forces him into a limited set of poses, and you BETTER make damn well sure he's standing in a stable iteration by poking him forward or back - otherwise he's gonna slide on his face or ass when you're not looking.

Goddamn do I love his look though. I like all their looks, and most of their robot forms are pretty great, just 1-2 are pitiful from a posing / balance perspective, and that number changes depending on if you keep the power generators hooked up like jetpacks.

I guess I just got overhyped based on all the discussion over it and comparing it to Toyworld's iteration, and while it's no Feral Rex, it's still relatively damn solid, and the most important thing is that it looks fuckin' nice. Pic related (ignore the abortion of a lego creation behind it). Some of my irritation might have been trying to pose him on a smooth surface - putting him on something like in the picture made his legs far more sturdy and not want to do the splits.
>>
>>6326348
I only paid $15 at Walmart. He's worth that.
>>
>>6325202
The Seacons actually had a good reason for their coloration since they're all found (or used to be, before they were bleached) in corals.
>>
>>6326892
Should all be released in that detail removing gray plastic then.
>>
>>6326624
Unique toys I think
>>
>>6326281
Looks like not!Ironhide is more of a remodel and reuse of their Titanika and Calidus.
>>
>>6327266
His name in Japan was Roadbuster.
>>
>>6326576
>>6326578
>>6326581
>>6326583
>>6326586
>>6326592

Wow I really love how clean these look. Hope this turns out good.
>>
File: 4733e2bagy1ffl786gufgj20t615o7br.jpg (349KB, 1024x1463px) Image search: [Google]
4733e2bagy1ffl786gufgj20t615o7br.jpg
349KB, 1024x1463px
I just hope UT has their shit together this time around.
>>
>>6327631

I feel like Ordin, while not seeming actually good enough to be worth the money, seemed definitely above-average enough for a first attempt at a combiner (let's be real there's very few that aren't kind of shit) that I feel hopeful that if they learned from the experience their next go could be pretty good.
>>
>>6327631
>Actually good looking Combaticons
>MP scale

Why can't we have some actually good CHUG scale Combaticons for christ's sake?? The official version flat out sucks, Hasbro cucking you out of a proper Blast Off, Takara giving you a shonky QC mess and both needing 3P addons to be even close to acceptable.

I hope MakeToys does a Bruticus in the same scale as their other combiners- I have their Defensor and he's awesome.
>>
>>6327631
These two actually look pretty good. Though I'll wait till the combiner is finished before I bother investing in it.
>>
aHAHHAHAHAHAHA
what!?
>>
>>6327866
my eyes hurt, what is this
>>
File: what.png (33KB, 489x477px) Image search: [Google]
what.png
33KB, 489x477px
>>6327866
>>
>>6327866
Four possibilities.
>1: This is an attempt at a toy-accurate MP Prime.
>2: This is an attempt at getting an animation-accurate transformation.
>3: This is a joke and not intended for actual release.
>4: DX9 have lost their goddamn minds.
>>
File: ba9.gif (3MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
ba9.gif
3MB, 320x240px
>>6327866
>>
>>6327866
WOW
>>
It's obviously a joke, I'm just not sure if it's a joke by actual DX9 or not. Cause I haven't seen it on like an official page of theirs, just on TFW. If it's actually from DX9 then I have to assume it means they're making an actual MP Optimus, and this is just them fucking around with a render of it as a way to do an announcement that will be funnier and get them more attention than the silhouette thing everyone has done a thousand times or a blurry picture or something.
>>
>>6327631
Wow, so, swindle has about 3 degrees of forward thigh range. Easy pass.
>>
I've been thinking of getting into 3Ps because of this shit >>6326348 (only it's 30$ for me)

So are 3Ps all just combiners and optimuses?
>>
File: 703dfa5dly1fdz8b6t9iej23402c0b2a.jpg (250KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
703dfa5dly1fdz8b6t9iej23402c0b2a.jpg
250KB, 1024x768px
>>6327926
i just recently got into the scene and that's what I thought, and while the market is certainly full of those, there's actually quite a lot of weird fanservicey figures that seem to be coming out more and more.

See pic, that's a new third party take on Galaxy Force/Cybertron Starscream...pretty out of left field, and I love it.
>>
>>6327926
There's a variety of 3P figures ranging from G1 to IDW. Though the bulk of it is MP scaled so if your a CHUG collector the pickings are slim.
>>
>>6327926

There's honestly not that many Optimuses, they just really started making him recently. There's a shit ton of combiners, but mostly I think the biggest thing is you can find MPs of like every fucking character, a lot of them with multiple options.
>>
>>6327873
The hands and head need to swap sizes and it qould be fine, but as is... Not even energon had this bad of a proportions.
>>
>>6327962
I keep missing it, who's making him again? The voyager 2-pack he was in is what got me hooked back on transformers after growing up on Beast Wars.
And they better make a Vector Prime to go along with him.
>>
>>6327866
JUST
>>
>>6328160
Maketoys. Probably the most consistent-quality company on the 3P market. MMC is close, but they also have turds almost as often as they knock it out of the park.
>>
>>6328170

That's not FansToys. The only figure they've released in recent memory that's even remotely mediocre is weirdwolf.
>>
>Takara, FT, MT, and DX9 all competing for that juicy V.2 ultra toon accurate prime.

Can't fooking wait. I wish FT would try their hand at megatron though. It would probably be more solid of a transformer than Paintshedtron tak gave us.
>>
>>6328262
Should probably try naming a company that puts out detailed products, and not boring slabs of plastic that try too hard to focus on cartoon accuracy. They're quality, but they're also the definition of mundane. Making an Omega Supreme that big and still managing to be bland is such a waste.
>>
>>6328274

The whole greeble vs plain thing is entirely subjective. They make the most solid toys on the market and deliver well made products more reliably than TT does. They're excellent toys.
>>
>>6328278
It's not subjective to say that a figure like Striker Manus has more going on visually than.. anything FT has put out. If you're fine paying just as much for something with no detailing, go nuts. That, coupled with their nonexistant release schedule, just puts them in the "oh right they exist" tier. Great if you want to fork out for G1 accuracy though.
>>
File: prime.jpg (130KB, 736x948px) Image search: [Google]
prime.jpg
130KB, 736x948px
>>6328266

Wait is this actual news? If so, whoever wants to let me buy theirs without the trailer gets my money.
>>
File: this is his upset face.jpg (31KB, 344x277px) Image search: [Google]
this is his upset face.jpg
31KB, 344x277px
>>6328266
Just how accurate do people want it?
>>
File: 1491120328111.jpg (12KB, 350x282px) Image search: [Google]
1491120328111.jpg
12KB, 350x282px
>>6327866
thanks I needed that laugh
>>
>>6328298
So accurate that it replicates even the worst-looking aspects of the lazy Korean animation. MP is no longer about good toys. It's about satisfying gewunner autism.
>>
>>6328266
>juicy V.2 ultra toon accurate prime.
Fact: nobody with good taste wants this.
>>
>>6324134
How is that mold? Was considering getting either Gun Fighter or Archenemy.
>>
>>6328312

The original release (Not-Scourge) might have a tolerance issue with the arm (too tight mushroom peg IIRC?). Other than that, seems solid.
>>
>>6328303
>It's about satisfying gewunner autism.
opposed to what exactly?
>>
>>6328318

People (read: autists) apparently get really mad when one part of the hobby (ie: not the part they like) gets pandered to.
>>
Anyone know if there is a Third Party planning on releasing a Windblade any time in the future? Or a Bayformers Optimus of his current Knight-esque form to match the MPM Optimus Prime?
>>
>>6328325
I'm pretty sure there was one chinese company doing Knight Prime with a pic, but that went cold a few months ago. Windblade only exists as that cute chibi figure I forget its codename.
>>
>>6328326
Feels bad. I will see if I can hunt down the image and see how it looks. Hopefully they commit. Or some skilled third party company commits at some point. I am certain they will do a great job especially since that third party Lockdown looks fabulous.

I love my Takara Windblade, but want more of her, and the RiD line is sort of autrocious when I physically see it in person.
>>
>>6324415
Aren't the shoulder joints loose?
>>
>>6328266
>toon accurate
Is there a term for buzzwords that turn you off products? Because I just read toon accurate as "will sacrifice everything to look deliberately bad" now.

>>6328318
Being good toys.
>>
>>6328332
Not that I have heard, mine are definitely not. The arm does have an issue holding up the weight another member in gun mode, the latest release came with a shoulder piece to keep the arm locked in place but I haven't personally tried using it.
>>
>>6328395
>The arm does have an issue holding up the weight

Just gonna rant here a sec.

Combiners are probably the one place where weight is the worst possible thing. You ideally want combiners to actually be kinda light, because then they're easier to pose and you don't have to worry too much about weight distribution. I have Feral Rex, and I love the guy, and all of his joints hold fine for the most part (well, my Bovis' ratchet is a bit looser, he can't hold a straight out kick, all the weight drags him down, I chalk it up to him being the first guy out the door), but damned if he isn't hard to actually pose because the sheer weight of the guy wants to topple him over. The lighter something is the easier it is to actually mess with.
>>
>>6328404
This is an issue with all large scale figures, especially with combiners.

The weight of one whole bot as a gun is definitely too heavy. Same goes with the Feral Rex optional backpack.

Just keep the sixth member in bot/beast mode then.
>>
>>6325136
RotF Bludgeon's treads are literally melting the toy's arms and thighs.
>>
>>6325211
It's really that little, huh?
>>
>>6328523
I vaguely recall reading about this. Is it just Bludgeon and Demolisher?
>>
>>6328526
Banzai-tron and GDO Megatron are also melting. I guess they kept the rubber composition on-file with the mold.
>>
>>6328531
can you show me these "melted" tank samurai molds?

and it sounds like someone should just release a printed repair kit with new treads and swords deigned to fit in the existing hands, (or new hands instead)
>>
>>6328525

You're the guy who feels threatened when a lifted truck or nice sports car rolls past your poverty honda so you always have a snide remark about compensation. Quit being so fucking poor and jealous of your superiors.
>>
>>6325784
Not him but I was set on buying a ROTF bludgeon a while back until I saw Susanoo. All the ones I looked at were too pricey for my taste or KOs so I figured I'd just spend a bit more on what I believe to be a better figure.

Plus the stock sword is made of that bendy plastic that becomes warped over time, and I didn't feel like buying the figure and the upgrade kit.
>>
>>6328313
Definitely looks cool and it's at a pretty reasonable price point.
>>
>>6324134
Man, gotta say I'm...surprisingly tempted to, maybe, get that third party G2 Laser Rod prime. Being a kid in the second half of the '90 mean I had only Beast Wars figures, which was fine by me, I loved them but given how the show treated G1 as this mythical long-lost era it really fed this sense of wonder I had whenever people mentioned that back in the day, Transformers were cars, trucks and planes. Obviously, I had none of these legit Transformers figures, only shitty knockoff at best.

Then one day, for a birthday, I got from this drunken uncle a knockoff G2 Laser Prime which, surprisingly, was quite good and accurate safe for the red head. Plastic quality was all around solid, paint was nice (again, red helmet aside) and even had the 'Optimus Prime' stickers. I still have him and man think about it: how many people fondly recall a knockoff toy? That's how solid he was, despite lacking the trailer.
>>
>>6327686
Nobody cares anymore. Let it go.
>>
File: mtcd01sp-striker-noir-07.jpg (141KB, 2048x1421px) Image search: [Google]
mtcd01sp-striker-noir-07.jpg
141KB, 2048x1421px
Any news on the expected release date for this guy?
>>
>>6329148

Just started releasing, a couple places got it in stock last Wednesday
>>
>>6329171
Awesome. Been so excited for this guy since we got teaser shots of him.
>>
>>6329148
Ages 3 and up requested payment last week but they usually get stuff last.
>>
File: kfc (yes kfc) apeface.jpg (80KB, 506x960px) Image search: [Google]
kfc (yes kfc) apeface.jpg
80KB, 506x960px
>>
File: Ape Jet.jpg (65KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Ape Jet.jpg
65KB, 1024x768px
>>6329500
>>
This might seem like a weird question, but how does one start a 3P company?
I mean, I always just see toys getting released by new companies but said companies just appear to pop out of nowhere, so I was curious as to how one would start a 3P company of their own.
>>
>>6329552
Either be a millionaire or convince one to back you. Or get a loan.
>>
>>6328332
not at all. The figures in gun mode are a bit to heavy to hold in one arm by itself so if that's what you mean then yes.
>>
>>6329505
>>6329500
Just one thing to say here:

>please don't suck

>PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DONT SUCK
>>
Get money, assemble a team of designers with attitude, get access to a factory. Typical business stuff as far as funding goes, presumably (or maybe these 3P companies are all funded by wealthy hobbyists; I have no idea).

If you're wondering why 3P companies can gain visibility so quickly, I think that has a lot to do with the context of being a company that caters to Internet-savvy collectors with an increasing interest in 3P stuff. That makes it that much easier to get a platform. Their target audience and lack of need to deal with the logistics of manufacturing for a broader retail climate probably doesn't hurt -- though I don't know the specifics since I'm not a part of it.
>>
>>6329588
Woops, meant for >>6329552
>>
File: 1488763661026.jpg (84KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1488763661026.jpg
84KB, 300x300px
>>6327866
Oh my god, it's Yaoi Prime.
>>
Anybody have the image of that Knight Optimus Prime a certain Chinese third party company was delving into before they went quiet?
>>
File: TFM dragstrip.jpg (289KB, 1034x775px) Image search: [Google]
TFM dragstrip.jpg
289KB, 1034x775px
Chosen Prime has him in stock.
>>
>>6327866
Wow, not even Hasbro would fart out something this bad. Truck mode looks ok, but that robot looks like a shitty custom.
>>
>>6329569
>KFC
>not sucking

Thats a tall order, my friend.
>>
>>6329611
Damn, I like him. May have to get him as a standalone. Anyone here have the other two? Any issues with them?
>>
>>6328358
For me toon accuracy and Masterpiece/3P in the same sentence means "overly complicated engineering to achieve pure accuracy" AKA "expensive as fuck and likely something I'd enjoy looking at promo pics and nothing more".
>>
>>6329902
They did it twice. Pure red blaster and Crashhog/Dumpyard. Hopefulky they dont shit the bed on the horrorcons.
>>
>>
>>6330129
Not sure if that Bruticus is correct with Swindle and Brawl.
>>
>>6330025
I've said it before, and will say it a million times over. They need to just make perfectly cartoon-accurate action figures for those whiny geewun purists and be done with them. Most of them are fat-fingered collectors who jam the things on a shelf, shoulder to shoulder with a hundred others and never fucking play with them anyway, let alone transform them, especially when they're as much of a clusterfuck as MP-36.
>>
>>6330172
I agree. I really enjoyed the official lines merging of toy and cartoon designs. Then Shockwave came out and now everything is thoroughly toon accurate to the detriment of playability, especially with MP-36 and his temporary tattoo level paint job on a rubix cube level transformation.

What's worse is that 3A and Hot Toys have made nontransforming Optimuses, but they aren't accurate to anything and are just made to be cool toys. It's like we're on bizarro Earth. Does Hasbro stipulate that only they can make Transformer toys that actually transform?
>>
>>6330203
Nah, only Hasbro can make Transformer toys of their characters, anyone else can make their car-robots and jet robots so long as it doesn't resemble their characters.
>>
>>6330203
Was Shockwave a bad MP? He looked so clean and simple on the boxes.
>>
>>6330211
He's not bad, per say. His Transformation is solid, for sure. The worst part is the lack of any kind of proper finish or paint. He's unpainted Lavender, and just looks cheap as fuck for a $100+ figure. It doesn't help that he came with no Decepticon badges and the stickers they packaged with him were some of the chintziest shit ever, too. Some paint, gloss injection, a richer color or even just nicer plastic would have gone a long way. As it stands he's my least-favorite official MP. Although I don't own Megs 2.0.
>>
>>6330211

His legs are kinda weak and shitty which makes more interesting poses needlessly difficult. He's just kinda fine. The awful color killed it for me.
>>
>>6330381
>I wanna say that's Toyworlds Bruticus
Dude, it says iron factory right in the picture.
>>
>>6330383
Time to get my eyes checked.
>>
>>6330211
No fucking paint
>>
>>6330211
He's great, by far one of the best MPs. People are just dumb.
>>
>>6330461
found the geewunner
>>
>>6330408
What should have been painted?
>>
>>6330642

The bare plastic in that particular color is cheap looking, makes him not look right next to other MPs, a lot of which have a paint finish over most of the figure, or at least when they're mostly bare plastic are a color that looks more flattering.

I think the mold itself is a better representation of the character than either of the 3rd party options but if you put them next to other MPs the third party ones still look better.

I personally would really just like a repainted one in the G1 toy deco with a nice finish. I think that would sell pretty well as another version, idk if that's something they'd ever do or not.
>>
has this general been really slow lately? I swear we get bombarded with concept designs regularly
>>
>>6330662

The generals only really pick up when something people like or want gets announced. Like, announcing something by KFC for example, is about as good as announcing nothing, since KFC is known for shit quality in everything and are pretty much instant passes.
>>
>>6330642
At least a clear coat as to give him a paint like finish
>>
>>6330211
Not really. He's one of my favorite MPs but he does have some issues. They tried to appease people who want both toy accuracy and animation accuracy and it just made the figure suffer as a whole:
>Elbows are terrible because the arms are designed to face either backwards or forwards to have the hose be either toy or animation accurate. They elbows can only bend 90 degrees if you don't count the fact that they can move an additional 90 degrees backwards.
>Instead of tampographing nice logos, he comes with a shitty sticker sheet so you can apply Decepticon logos in either a toy accurate or animation accurate locations, and includes the options for those disgusting animation error logos. Also the stickers meant for his gun mode are the wrong size (too large) and go over molded detail and the battery cover for his light up arm
>Was molded in an animation accurate lavender which defeats the purpose of having toy accurate options when people who want toy accuracy are gonna want him dark purple anyway.
And on top of that bullshit, there's just some annoying issues engineering wise that have no reason to be there:
>Waist articulation is floppy and is best left locked in place
>There's only like 1cm of space to put your finger on the trigger of his gun mode
>The partially diecast-backpack makes him top-heavy as fuck
>non-ratcheted hip joints (that usually come fairly loose) to support said top-heavy body
>knees only bend about 40 degrees
>has almost no foot articulation aside from a slight tilt and being able to click it forward once

I still like him but he's not all he could be. Still, I find he looks better than Quakewave: I Was never a fan of the dark purple, and Quakewave's chunkiness feels a little off-putting, but that's just me.

>>6330659
I never felt like the bare plastic was cheap to be honest. It's a fairly high quality plastic and almost every single sprue mark is hidden where it isn't visible.
>>
>>6330677
Christ that did not feel like a 2000char post.

But yeah, I honestly find it weird that people complain about Shockwave's lack of paint rather than Soundwave's. The swirly sparkly blue plastic with visible sprue-marks everywhere looks way worse than Shockwave's plastic.
>>
File: 1331770272195.png (461KB, 619x669px) Image search: [Google]
1331770272195.png
461KB, 619x669px
>>6329500
>>6329505

Oh god I hope they don't fuck this up.
>>
>>6330695
>I hope they don't fuck this up
>KFC

Sorry man, it was doomed the moment we knew what company was making it.
>>
File: image.jpg (24KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24KB, 480x480px
>>6330714
Hey come on, there's still hope! Just forget Citizen Stack, the first Transistor, Doubledeck, Simba, Ditka, Tempest, and all their fragile and non-matching hands and you'll see Keith can knock a mold out of the park.
>>
>>6330727
I seem to remember the feeling about Simba was much better when he released. What happened?
>>
>>6330768

simba is one of my favorite figures but i guess I have low expectations
>>
>>6330768

Tolerances were off in a lot of places (shit way too tight, like, breaking tight), and Starsaber wasn't designed to hold his weight so 'saber's knees give out with him on 'saber.
>>
>>6330768
The same thing with every KFC mold, bar citizen Stack: cool engineering with nonexistent QC. Even if you bought their articulation enhancing kit for Saber, he still couldn't handle having Simba on him.
>>
This may be a crazy idea, but would anyone be interested in MP scale box art accurate figures? I feel like a G1 box art optimus MP scale with all the detail and articulation we are used to in this size class would be really fucking cool, especially that headsculpt with the vented faceplate.
>>
>>6329552
You need to be a Chinaman with a factory.
>>
>>6324755
>weary
THE WORD IS WARY, MOTHERFUCKER!
>>
File: Wei Jiang megatron.jpg (58KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
Wei Jiang megatron.jpg
58KB, 640x960px
>in a world where MP 36 exist.
>>
>>6330838
>>
>>6330838
>>6330843
Seems a slight improvement on the Hasbro/Takra MP36 in terms of sleekness since it almost looks nearly identical.
>>
>>6330838
>>6330843

Not bad, but, i want voyager scale, not MPP10
>>
>>6325186
Any complaints on this guy, or is he near perfect?
Anyone know where I can buy him?
>>
>>6326848
That lego build behind him looks pretty cool.
Could you post it in /lg/?
>>
>>6330838
>in a world where MP 36 exists and it sucks
ftfy
>>
>>6330838
>>6330843
Looks interesting, but I can tell just from these shots that he'll have terribly elbows and knees compared to MP36
>>
>>6330838
Is this oversized? I just want a regular sized KO of MP36 with some fixes.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1493378287304.jpg (63KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1493378287304.jpg
63KB, 960x720px
>>6329569
>>6330695

The bot mode has weird almost gorilla proportions, but only goes halfway and ends up looking lanky, and the face is really bad. The gorilla's forearms are a joke.
>>
>>6330961
A gorilla with a weird face and tiny hands.

What a sad existence.
>>
>>6330964
the gorilla's hands are smaller than the robot's

also look at those stupid ankles
>>
>>6330961
yeah, i would love a full on re-imagining rather than slavish modernization.

sidenote, i always thought it was weird that these guys were never included when people talked about triple changers. maybe they were just too late into the line.
>>
>>6330961
They went toon accurate to a fault with both of them. With KFC's track record lately; One is going to be fine and the other is going to be a half finished engineering nightmare.
>>
>>6330662
It'll pick up once we have TFCon and TF Nation since both of those usually show new third party stuff.
>>
File: 300px-HorrorconsAnime1[1].jpg (17KB, 300x207px) Image search: [Google]
300px-HorrorconsAnime1[1].jpg
17KB, 300x207px
>>6330961
Why would anyone ever want toy accurate proportions Apeface's gorrila mode?

I can't even say that looks bad it just looks unfortunate.
>>
>>6330968
I usually see teams as groups of 3 in transformers. These guys also did come pretty late in the game, and they were also headmasters, so I do classify them in a different group.
>>
>>6330928
If you can deal with a lot of relatively loose but not floppy joints and a lot of panels covering them so it's a pain in the ass to transform let alone pose go for it.
>>
>>6331119
Floppy, as in the armor panels, or the actual supporting joints like knees and shoulders?

Also, how tall does he stand?
>>
>>6331127
his joints aren't floppy out of the box, but they are for sure not very strong. And to answer which joints, literally all of them. Watch Emgo's review, he doesn't talk about it but it's very visible how loose all the joints are and they will totally only get looser with time. He's the same size as your standard MP-11, maybe about a half head taller.
>>
File: Octopus missing in the pacific.png (591KB, 989x729px) Image search: [Google]
Octopus missing in the pacific.png
591KB, 989x729px
Will thousand kills ever be released? Chosen Prime doesn't even have him on their calendar but they have figures for the next combiner they are making listed on it.
>>
>>6330928
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zOA4MC0OG8

He looks pretty nice, but the armor pieces are floppy, the backpack is useless, lots of difficult tabbing, and the treads on vehicle mode seem to be all bunched up.

The posability on the limbs are great, but the torso is lacking. They could have put the front skirt as part of the crotch assembly and allowed better waist swivel.

Overall, it's a lot tighter in the places I was woried about, like the hands and feet. I'm planning on getting one, but I believe something better might appear in the future.
>>
File: G1Grapple.jpg (186KB, 726x778px) Image search: [Google]
G1Grapple.jpg
186KB, 726x778px
>>6330806

It'd be interesting, but mostly in a "how the fuck would they ever pull this off and make it look good"? Take Hamhandimus Maximus here.
>>
>>6331147
well a lot of the crazy proportions are perspective issues. I think he meant more like the headsculpts and interesting details from neither the toy nor show (look at Grapple's knees for instance)
>>
>>6330838
>>6330843
Wow, just what I wanted, ANOTHER 3P Masterpiece Megatron that's worse than the official one!
>>
File: G1SilverboltBoxArt.jpg (49KB, 736x738px) Image search: [Google]
G1SilverboltBoxArt.jpg
49KB, 736x738px
>>6331152

Ehh, that'd be interesting. But I'd rather see them actually try to fully match the completely warped stuff that was the box art.
>>
File: yoshi-bd.jpg (99KB, 1000x760px) Image search: [Google]
yoshi-bd.jpg
99KB, 1000x760px
>>6331136
Those are some well made joints. I'm impressed he can pull a Yoshimitsu-esq pose without a stand.
>>
File: 2014112419125741d-noscale.jpg (290KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
2014112419125741d-noscale.jpg
290KB, 1280x853px
>>6331157
>>6331147
this idea reminds me of that gunpla that someone made awhile back. you know the one, with the panel shading.
>>
>>6331132
>Will thousand kills ever be released?
Word on the street was they had to fix something so it got delayed, but they still could at least show us a colored test shot.
>>
Just bought all 5 Planet X dinos (excluding Paddles) from a guy for $400 shipped. What am I in for?
>>
>>6331183
is that a real model thats painted insanely well or is it a painting?
>>
>>6331132
TCP does have him on their calender, June 1st.
Totally doubt that will happen, but just saying.
>>
>>6331224
Incredibly, it's the former
>>
>>6331190
Snarl sucks. The other 4 are incredible and I will never regret buying them. Grimlock ("Vulcan") is far and away one of the best figures I've ever bought.
>>
>>6331242
holy fuck
>>
>>6331251
Good to hear for the most part. What's so bad about Snarl?
>>
File: animated_longarm.jpg (127KB, 800x1066px) Image search: [Google]
animated_longarm.jpg
127KB, 800x1066px
Had a random thought that I'd love to see a 3P do an interpretation Animated Shockwave/Longarm. Harmless vehicle that turns into a war machine, chubby dorky bot that stretches out into a spindly faceless reaper of death.
>>
Planet X just posted their take on FoC Megatron on their Facebook. 4chan seems to be shitting the bed right now, so I can't upload a picture.
>>
>>6331454
>Pluto
>giant compensation arm cannon
Bara-sub to Jupiter's bara-dom confirmed
>>
>>6331153

The offical version is fucking garbage. He can't use his accessories without modding and can't transform without shedding his paint like a feature.

You will never admit that because you spent 230 american dollars on him and you will never admit he's anything less than perfection.
>>
>>6331348
I'd love more Animated figures in general.

Mech Ideas' Huffer and Pipes were such duds.
>>
>>6331477
Yeah, I was initially on board with the possibility of the new MP being the best so far, but after release I have to say MT if you want shiny thug life Megs and DX9 if you want what a retail Leader Megs should be
>>
>>6331482
If they at least gave it a deco that didn't look miserable I think I would have at least been able to enjoy MP36 on some level. Being an amorphous grey blob just looks awful.
>>
File: mmcalpha.jpg (84KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mmcalpha.jpg
84KB, 1080x1080px
I've never been compelled to buy an MMC figure before but I'm paying close attention to this.
>>
>>6331556
Hooooooly shit it's so beautiful, take my money already.
That being said I really wish they'd give us a standing-up-straight view of him from the front and back.
>>
>>6331556

Fuck. I'll probably wait for the inevitable blurr repaint but if alt mode is decent that's amazing
>>
File: R.98[1].png (701KB, 1600x1124px) Image search: [Google]
R.98[1].png
701KB, 1600x1124px
I just caved and got my first Third Party Former in Kultur. I've never actually read any of the comics that he's in, but right when seeing the figure I just fell in love with the design, and there's something about the archetype of "Character is so fanatical that they'll make their religious symbol their goddamn face" that speaks to me.

The fact that he'll be so much bigger than my perfered Megatron is just icing on the cake for me. I love it when the enforcers of the bad guy are just so much bigger and more dangerous than the big bad themselves.
>>
Does anyone have a comprehensive list of twitter accounts to follow for news i.e. the companies that make them?
>>
>>6331635
Just follow @Daim_Choc. He gets most of the juicy scoops.
>>
>>6331556
>there are fagerts whinging over how they prefer half baked original renders.

How the hell? This thing looks gorgeous.

>>6331635

Most of them use Goybook or the chinese weibo. Some have reps that post on forums. The best aggregate is probably daimchoc on faceberg who must do nothing but browse and repost shit all day.
>>
>>6331634
You'll enjoy him, he's a really solid figure with a fun transformation.
>>
>>6331656
>>there are fagerts whinging over how they prefer half baked original renders.
>How the hell? This thing looks gorgeous.
Those must be the guys from TFW, they're they only faggots I've seen complaining about liking the originally shitty renders more. That whole thread over there was unbelievable with some of the stupid shit they were saying.
>>
>>6331657
Before checking out I looked up a bunch of third party fiogiures and my general impression was that a lot of them relied to fiddly transformation bits, but not Tarn there was very straight forward and rewarding without making you jump through a bunch of hoops as if to say "Look how smart we are" which I appreciate. Sometimes you just want a transformation to be enjoyable rather than a giant event, you know?
>>
>>6331556
do we have a preorder date yet? I want to give them my money as soon as possible to make sure this guy actually gets made
>>
>>6331664
>Sometimes you just want a transformation to be enjoyable rather than a giant event, you know?
I agree and yeah Tarn's is easy but still fun and very quick. Only slightly fiddly thing is those posts his arm treads have to swivel around on but one you get the hang of pegging/unpegging them it's super easy.
>>
>>6331556
>>6331556
Is that supposed to be Drift or Wing?
>>
File: Wing forever.jpg (83KB, 626x337px) Image search: [Google]
Wing forever.jpg
83KB, 626x337px
>>6331807
It's Wing, look at the head.
>>
File: Wing.jpg (163KB, 494x644px) Image search: [Google]
Wing.jpg
163KB, 494x644px
>>6331807
>>6331812
And here's a full body pic.
>>
>>6331556
why is he so fucking handsome
this is how it starts isnt it
the slow decent into 3rd party hell
>>
NEW THREAD FOR NEW SHIT

>>6331903
>>6331903
>>6331903
>>6331903
>>
>>6330806

Hell YES.

G1 box art-accurate figures (if that's even possible) would be ace.

So Ratchet and Ironhide would be caterpillar-tracked sled-riders with ghostly eyes haunting their windshield heads, Brawn and Gears would looks like Cylons, Windcharger would be inscrutable, and when you looked at the figures from the right angle they'd go all Cubist and seem just like the art.

(I figure it would probably work from some angles but by sacrificing the effect from the rest, so they'd look a bit odd if you rotated them the wrong way etc.)
>>
>>6331556
Magnets for Circle of Light sword?! Please, be magnetic clamp for CoL sword. Someone in 3p must realize that magnets are perfect for tf toys
>>
>>6330838
I want this upper body with MP-36's lower body.

Seriously, why can none of the turd parties get the legs right? The sad thing is that the legs are one of the least complex parts of MP-36
>>
>>6330806
Fuck no. There's enough G1 cancer out there now. We don't need more objectively bad toys just to scratch the itch for entitled collectors that are already spoiled for choice.
>>
>>6330961
i am SO a gorilla! stop laughing!!
Thread posts: 323
Thread images: 72

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.