[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (84KB, 700x385px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
84KB, 700x385px
Why does the Oddworld fanbase have to be the way it is? Everyone's eating this up. How do you get this from a gloomy game about extinction, industrial hellscapes, and gross alien freaks?
>>
File: image.jpg (106KB, 700x467px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
106KB, 700x467px
Bumping with Abe, who is slightly better. Anyone else been waiting for Oddworld toys and is not thrilled with these? Do you think if these do well, they might do something better? I'd even take statueshit if it looked like the game...
>>
File: 7xmc9ki.gif (499KB, 500x256px) Image search: [Google]
7xmc9ki.gif
499KB, 500x256px
There's an Oddworld fanbase?
...And it's big enough to support the selling of plushies?
>>
File: angry big beaver.jpg (59KB, 320x427px) Image search: [Google]
angry big beaver.jpg
59KB, 320x427px
>>6322091
>>6322178
Funko audience. Never played the games, want this shite for "nerd cred" despite it bastardising the original style.
>>
>>6322178
link me?
>>
>>6322238
It's on Kickstarter. Google "kickstarter oddworld"
>>
That abe is pretty rad senpai.
>>
>>6322301
I confess the Abe is tempting me. The Munch looks like a children's cartoon character, though.
>>
File: RAAE0048.jpg (27KB, 340x255px) Image search: [Google]
RAAE0048.jpg
27KB, 340x255px
Neither of those interest me, but to be honest I might be tempted if they did cutesy plushes of the enemies. A slig or a scrab would be best, especially if they talked when you squeezed them.

"Get 'em"
"huhuhuhuh"
"Whaaat?"
>>
>>6322403
Apparenty these ones do talk when you squeeze them. And i'm with you, i don't care how cute it is, if they reveal a talking slig, i'm getting it.
>>
>>6322403
I would totally get a slig or paramite.
>>
>aint no mamby pamby meat puppett mudokon gonna make ME look like a fool!

Would seriously like some figures of the Glukkons. I was actually just playing Abe's Exxodus on my fourth playthrough.
>>
File: IMG_5659.jpg (14KB, 223x424px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5659.jpg
14KB, 223x424px
>>6322507
>>
>>6322091
>>6322178
I've been waiting for Oddworld toys for 20 years.
20 fucking years and this is the best they can do?
>>
>>6322403
>get em
>whaat
>huhuuhuh
this is my grail now
>>
Man, you are all toxic. I wish odd world never got anything just to keep you self entitled pricks silent.
>>
>>6322831
Fuck off back to Tumblr.
>>
>>6322995
but you are the self entitled one, seems you need to go back to tumblr with the rest of your kind.
>>
>>6322831
What the hell is (you)r problem?
>>
i'd buy a plush of stranger but too bad they don't even have that
>>
>>6323134
I believe it's a stretch goal. Looks too cutesy for me
>>
>>6322390
Yeah, I think it's because Munch's plush design strays too far from the source design. They sacrificed familiarity for "cuteness".
>>
>>6323136

shit now i'm interested

This is the only stranger merch i will ever get
>>
>>6322178

I want that Abe
>>
holy shit, this was the only Western game I loved and re-played to death as a kid. I've always wondered why it never got any kind of toys.

I wish it were smaller scale figures with a set that you can connect and build to have dioramas of the game though. Maybe something like the Saint Seiya Panorama thing.
>>
>>6322831

Eh they're kind of right, if your a fan of the series why would you rather it have nothing at all? Shouldn't you just be glad anyone gives a fuck about this obscure ass game at all.
>>
I can't think of any other merchandise for Oddworld; maybe people are just happy to have something for once. That, and turning these designs into cutesy plushies is pretty funny.
>>
I WANT A PARAMITE PIE PLUSHIE
>>
>>6323178
Fucking this
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.