[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tokusatsu Vinyl Figures

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

File: 4549660117155_-_1.jpg (452KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
4549660117155_-_1.jpg
452KB, 1536x2048px
Anyone collect these Vinyl figures for Ultraman, Super Sentai, Kamen Rider etc? Good prices for good character likenesses.

Who clips the tags off and who doesn't? Thinking of clipping mine now I've got a few but my autismo brain is stopping me.
>>
I only got a handful back when they used to come in boxes. Seemed less like you were buying a dog toy.
>>
File: kamata new year.jpg (842KB, 1032x1106px) Image search: [Google]
kamata new year.jpg
842KB, 1032x1106px
>>6320983
I have a few. My favorites are Kamen Rider Genm Dangerous Zombie and Kamata-kun.
>>
File: grand ghidorah.jpg (138KB, 1541x867px) Image search: [Google]
grand ghidorah.jpg
138KB, 1541x867px
Not Ultra-related but I found this guy at a Goodwill the other day, apparently it's hard to find.
>>
>>6321065
Yeah, that one cost me $50 back in '99, so it probably goes for quite a handful in the right markets. Nice find, anon.
>>
>>6321065
Nice! I've seen eBay lots of random Kaiju and Ultramonsters go for £100+ because of rare Vinyls in the mix. That guy looks amazing though! The gold is fantastic.
>>
File: fanton.jpg (44KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
fanton.jpg
44KB, 650x650px
I'm not sure if Bandai's been skimping on paint lately, or if I'm just blinded by nostalgia.
>>
>>6321089
They are lower quality than they used to be I think. I've got some Boukenger ones with way more paint, a neck joint with plastic helmet & accessories included. Night and day compared to the current ones,

Still love them though.
>>
File: zamsher.jpg (103KB, 500x487px) Image search: [Google]
zamsher.jpg
103KB, 500x487px
>>6321089
Look at Ultra Monster Zamsher circa Mebius, and circa Ginga. D:
>>
>>6321080
Damn, nice! I'm thinking about just selling it though, he's gigantic and I don't have the room for a lot of vinyls anymore. I'm kinda surprised they had a bunch of kaiju vinyls at Goodwill of all places.
>>6321082
Yeah man, this thing's a beaut in person.
>>
>>6321065
By "the other day" do you mean last year or something? Someone definitely said the exact same thing not long ago
>>
File: unknown.png (1MB, 581x1032px) Image search: [Google]
unknown.png
1MB, 581x1032px
>>6320995
>>
Did all of the Bandai lines get hit with the massive quality dip or was it just the Ultra stuff?
>>
>>6321176
That's a lot of DANGER you got right there anon
>>
My introduction to these was buying some Kyoryuger t-shirts fro my son on eBay. The lady selling them messaged me to say how happy she was to be selling them to someone with a kid that loved Kyoryuger and would throw in something a little extra for him. So on top of four t-shirts for like $15, she threw in the figures for the main six and my little boy absolutely adores them.

Since them, I've gotten him an Ultraman (which was like three inches shorter surprisingly) and Kamen Rider Stronger, who just came in the mail a couple days ago. He's been taking Nossan and Stronger everywhere with him.
>>
>>6322499
>So on top of four t-shirts for like $15, she threw in the figures for the main six and my little boy absolutely adores them.
What a nice lady
>>
>>6322499
>>6322573
Nice lady to give them and a great parent to buy them! :D I have the main six Kyoryuger too. Great work anon, your son will turn out OK!

The nerd part of me loves Figuarts and Ultra-Act stuff, but the simplicity and suit accuracy of these vinyl figures is just the best.
>>
>>6322573
>>6323168
My son's two and my daughter's four. They both randomly break into the first verse of the Kyoryuger OP and actually get some of the words right too, haha. They try to sing it in stores and things too by suddenly bursting into the "Whoa, whoa..." but. It's quite a sight.

My son was playing with Stronger and Kyoryu Red earlier and I asked if he'd like another Rider to keep Stronger company. He thought for a moment be fore say "Yes. I like Fourze, he is my favorite."
>>
>>6325346
Fourze is pretty great. My first KR show.
>>
>>6325616
W was mine and I loved it. I'd tried to find a Double figure for this, but Amazon (where I usually find this for cheap) only had them for like $60+ last I saw.

We're about 15 episodes into Fourze now and I really like it. I'm planning to see if the missus would like to watch the Fourze/OOO Mega Max movie with this weekend. I think Gentaro might be my favorite neo-Heisei (is that the term people use for post W series?) Rider so far.
>>
File: $_1.jpg (17KB, 400x184px) Image search: [Google]
$_1.jpg
17KB, 400x184px
There is this ultra monster Tyrant set you can find on ebay for 50$
>>
>>6320983
I collect some occasionally.
So far just Kamen Rider kaijins: I have like 6 of the different worms from Kabuto & the EX set of Gamel & Mezool.
I clip the tags, of course. I don't plan on selling them (who cares if they lose their value- they are cheap).
>>
>>6325346
>He thought for a moment be fore say "Yes. I like Fourze, he is my favorite."
Got both Fourze and Meteor on the way now. He's always freaking out about the WCF for them that I have in my office, so I hope he likes having his own to play with.
>>
Bought Red, Violet, and Skyblue Kyurangers because they were the only ones available on hlj when I was buying Kyurenoh when it was out of stock everywhere else. Ryu Commander stands up well enough, but it seems Red and Skyblue's feet are spaced to close together and they can't really stand. Suggestions on how to fix this? I can get them to stand for a few seconds by pushing them down so their legs spread a little more, and they can stand fine on a coffee table I have that has uneven stone tiles on it, but I want them on my bookshelf around Kyurenoh
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.