[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Disappointments.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 15

What are some toys that disappointed you, /toy/ soldiers?

Here's mine, Figma Strength (TV Version).
>Got for my birthday
>Love BRS for some reason, even own the LE blu-ray boxset with IBRS despite the fact the anime was kinda meh
>Open her up, super excited
>A few of the joints are kinda janky, definitely not a bootleg but feels a bit like a factory "dud"
>Ogre Arms are stupidly awkward to pose
>Trying to get all three stands sitting nicely at once is a nightmare
>Some of the pegs are too loose and the hands don't like staying attached to the arm mechanisms as a result
>One of the little stand adapters cracks (meme magic is real I guess)
>Tail isn't as poseable as it could be

On the plus side once she's posed she looks absolutely awesome, but getting her there is ridiculously awkward and downright scary at times. Maybe I should get a Di:Stage to eliminate the "base crowding" issue.

Other disappointments are NECA Flamethrower Robocop (looks cool but can't pose for shit and can't hold his flamethrower) and SHMA Big Chap (Quite fun to pose and feels good in hand, but completely inaccurate and his tail keeps falling off).

Anyway, what's yours?
>>
>>6320198
Coincidentally the exact same figure due to the retardedly poor engineering on the arms. The sockets arent tight enough so they fall out all the time even when not being handled. For some reason the hands are solid plastic so they're way too heavy for the stands they come with and the tail on mine fell off with minimal stress. Not a BRS fan just liked the design but she's in my pile of shit I'm selling after spring cleaning.

Other than that the only other disappointment was NECA Striker Eureka for obvious reasons.
>>
File: DinobotTrans1a.jpg (49KB, 495x324px) Image search: [Google]
DinobotTrans1a.jpg
49KB, 495x324px
Looks awesome, but the leg joints are extremely loose, so it can't stand on its own.
>>
Figma Zero Suit Samus, can't pose for shit, can't look sexy, hair looks like greasy spaghetti, and she has a face that essentially says "I have downs".

I got her alongside Dark Magician Girl, who is absolutely fantastic, though Yugi himself is rather janky and his jacket doesn't fit properly into his back.
>>
>>6320198
Fuck I bought this yesterday cause I thought it looked cool af
>>
>D-Arts Zero.
Falls apart at a glance, can't pose very well, hair gets in the way, badly painted.
Just an all around shitshow.
>Figuarts Hyper Kabuto.
Can't pose, too fragile, weird proportions.
I haven't bought a toku Figuarts since.
>>6321283
>Zero Suit Samus.
Really?
I got one the other day and she doesn't seem that bad.
>>
>>6321368
>I haven't bought a toku Figuarts since
You do realize that Kabuto got a renewal, right?
>>
>>6321368

No waist articulation, kinda limits the thing. Its overall a giant disappointment.

But yes, D-Arts Zero is awful, which one are you talking about cuz they're all shit.

Zero Type 1 had its fucking hair snap off on mine.
Type 2 (The one with the brick shoulders and sword.) had fucking stiff articulation, parts that came off if you looked at them funny, and the worst part was it ended up becoming kinda rare and got re-issued.
MMZ Zero's hair keeps falling off and doesn't stand very well but unfortunately he's the best one of them all.
>>
File: IMG_0701 copy.jpg (3MB, 1679x1980px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0701 copy.jpg
3MB, 1679x1980px
>>6321283
I wouldnt say I was very disappointed but I knew what I was getting into. Figma's constant objection to waist articulation though is starting to annoy me and has me doubting future releases such as Phoenix Wright. Was absolutely retarded for them to release a character known for her agility to give her such a shitty torso.
>>
>>6320207
>the hands are solid plastic
No fucking way?
>>
>>6321368
The Toku shit they put out now has the best quality out of all SHF lines
Shouldn't have fucking bought a fucking like 10 year old figure
>>
Neca's ultimate City Hunter predator.

Maybe I'm just jaded because I already have like 30 of these things in various different colours and flavours, but this guy was a let down for me.

Loose hip joints just like nearly every predator that uses this base body, big disappointment for something that's supposed to be the 'ultimate' version of one of the most iconic predators.
The wrist computer panel is a flimsy piece of shit. Literally hanging on by a sliver of brittle plastic, needless to say it broke despite me taking extra care not to touch it. It didn't help that the one on the figure I got was slightly skewed so opening and closing it put even more strain on the hinge joint.
The spear was once again warped to shit out of the box, and feeling brittle as ever.

The added articulation and improved paint apps are nice I just had higher hopes for this figure. I'm not even looking forward to the ultimate Jungle Hunter in case that turns out meh too.
>>
>>6321618

At least with Phoenix it kinda makes sense, he's not really an "Action" character and mostly just stands behind a desk.

Now if they did something similar with Link (Who has a design that allows for a seamless appearance in the waist) that would be quite shitty.
>>
Revoltech Deadpool. The upside down pouch on his left and how overall--at least the gun on his belt doesn't quite lower so it looks right. I really don't like how his arms are handled and all the poses you can do with him are nice and all but I don't like joints that take away from the look of a figure. I'm glad I got him because I would probably be looking at scalper prices for him down the line and wishing I got him but I was disappointed by his overall execution. I love the nendroid version a lot more. Wondering how the figma will turn out.
>>
File: 1199087.jpg (139KB, 600x929px) Image search: [Google]
1199087.jpg
139KB, 600x929px
>>6322111
>The upside down pouch on his left
That's actually source accurate
>>
>>6322111
>>6322123
Those upside down pouches likely hold magazines. It makes much more sense to unsnap the pouch and let the mag drop into your hand via gravity than trying to dig it out of a pouch in the heat of battle.
>>
File: DSC_4121a.jpg (3MB, 2000x2800px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_4121a.jpg
3MB, 2000x2800px
>>6322090
I have both new movie Predators. I liked City Hunter, but the same problems plagued mine. Luckily, I just exchanged it and got a good one after NECA's customer service suggested I do that. A few weeks later, after many complaints I'm sure, they sent out replacement arms for the broken wrist computers. So, I'd try contacting NECA_CS on twitter for help.

As far as the Jungle Hunter goes, he pretty much has the same exact issues like the loose hips, but suffers from a lot more. The paint is too thick on the mandibles, so it looks gummy. The paint is also too thick on the shoulder cannon, which caused some breakage at the lower joint. I was lucky to find one good one, but every other figure I saw had bent claws in the box due to the way it was pacakged. Also the ricochet tampo's on the helmet are very poorly done and look nothing like that promo pics. The wrist computer hinge was fixed, at least..
>>
>>6322193
God, those ricochet marks are so fucking bad. Whoever okayed those should be fired. If you own the old Jungle Hunter, could the masked head be swapped onto this one?

Also, I wonder why they didn't use the semi-translucent plastic for the torso and thighs? It looks great where they do use it (feet, hands, biceps). Or did they just paint over it entirely?
>>
File: 2.jpg (298KB, 1465x1829px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
298KB, 1465x1829px
This is by no means a bad figure, it just doesn't feel impressive or refreshing like it should be. You can say its due to fatigue on the design, but the last two soC combiners, GaoGaiGar and Voltron, also have a history of previous combining toys, yet managed to feel impressive and fresh.
Also, something about the proportions just kind of feel bland. I don't want the silly big head show proportions, and maybe not as stylized as the SRC, but something a bit more lively.
>>
>>6322193
>try contacting NECA_CS on twitter for help.
Unfortunately I'm not American, their customer service is pretty much non-existent in the UK.

If I get a shitty figure I'm pretty much stuck with it.
>>
>>6322224
I own it but I somewhat I agree. I still love it but I feel like it needed more such as actual wheels or threads to just make it pop.

It is by far the best rendition of the T-Rex bar none.
>>
File: Deadpool Mezco Previews.jpg (36KB, 752x564px) Image search: [Google]
Deadpool Mezco Previews.jpg
36KB, 752x564px
>>6322111
>wanting inferior Deadpools
I'm a little sad that I'm only going to buy one One:12 Mezco Deadpool.

I'm not sure if I should go for the red one with the Deadpool Beanie Zombie head, sweetass pistols or go for the Previews Exclusive with the Punisher bazooka and Macs repainted.

Anyone have the deluxe Punisher? Are there any cool features like the removable mags, sliding slides, and other cool realistic gimmicks?
>>
>>6321368
The Kabuto mold is one of the earliest from the line, and it aged like hot garbage. Honestly that's what you get, but the Toku figuarts have been great since Gaim honestly. Moreso with SHFSS, those releases always get me rock hard. You should really just give them another go with anything post 2013 in terms of release.
>>
>>6322039
It was only like three years old at the time bruh.
>>6322691
I might grab some of the new W guys if I can get them for a good price.
Otherwise I will wait until they make renewals of another series I like like OOO or Ryuki.
>>
>>6322772
Hyper Kabuto was garbage from day one, and everyone knew it. If it didn't even hold up at initial release time, it was bound to age really poorly.
>>
>>6322772
Man if the SHFSS Ryuki figures are even half as good as Decade or Hibiki that'd be glorious. Really needs them too, same with OOO's.
The W stuff all looks really good, mandrake should have W for a good price if you keep an eye out. Want to grab Accel myself if I can on release since I missed pre-orders.
Cheers anon, and godspeed with a hopefully renewed love for kamen rider SHFs.
>>
>>6322161
Oooo not just "le quirky Deadpool with upside down pouches"
>>
>>6323640
Practical yet quirky at the same time, for the bonus points of 'method to his madness'

But there are actual IRL tactical vests with magazine pouchs that are designed to be reversable depending on what you prefer.
>>
>>6320207
>>6320198
YUP. Wanted to display her with the arms but it kept falling apart and It was just a headache to even deal with so I just have her bare bone.
>>
>>6321421
How is Zero Type 1? Does it have the same problem as Type 2?
>>
>>6323865

He's okay but pretty generally shitty.

He's based on the X1 version of Zero so no Z-Saber.
>>
>>6321368
Hyper Kabuto is indeed dated but how is it fragile?

All the Kabuto figures should get SSed, especially Caucasus and TheBee.

>>6321405
Hyper Kabuto didn't.

>>6322039
They're good but you're still completely wrong. The SF, TMNT and Kinnikuman figures are miles ahead.
>>
>>6322522
> Mezco

Literally what is superior about doll clothing? It's an objective downgrade to the articulation.
>>
>>6324475
It always irks me that the scale of the fiber in cloth never matches the scale of a figure. Often it's also too thick.
>>
>>6321283
>Figma Zero Suit Samus, can't pose for shit, can't look sexy, hair looks like greasy spaghetti, and she has a face that essentially says "I have downs".
Agreed. Also that fucking stupid fixed neck is terrible.

For me it's SOC Golion. It's an okay figure but all the posts on various boards about how it was the greatest thing ever (while in reality it was just a matter of people not being used to SOC quality discovering it for the first time) got me way too hyped.
>>
>>6321269
That fucking thing doesn't even have functional feet, even with tight joints it would fall without using the tail for support.
I didn't even ask for it because of the show, I just wanted a Dinobot as I had missed the first wave. I should've gotten Iguanus instead.
>>
>>6322090
My Pred has those loose ass hip joints too so annoying
>>
>>6321618
One would think they learned how to make invisible hip joints after their David.
>>
File: deadpool mezco sdcc.jpg (230KB, 738x1016px) Image search: [Google]
deadpool mezco sdcc.jpg
230KB, 738x1016px
>>6324508
>>6322193
>>6322090
>that feel when my first NECA Predator has nothing breaking and loose hips like you guys
GLOAT GLOAT GLOAT

>>6324488
>>6324475
If it makes oyu guys feel better, seeing them in person will change your view. The spandex makes sure that the clothes isn't a floppy stiff mess like most dolls affecting the articulation and the texture is barely noticeable to the point it's like any movie costume in the movies.
I remember being worried about the turtleneck on Deadpool from the pictures being shown on /toy/ pre-SDCC, but seeing it for myself on Preview Night made me stiffer than a Figma cloth cape.
>>
File: 331808.jpg (99KB, 526x900px) Image search: [Google]
331808.jpg
99KB, 526x900px
This QC nightmare.
I know they fixed a lot of the joint issues in the second run but man I feel pretty bummed about the line now.
>>
>>6321618
>Figma's constant objection to waist articulation though is starting to annoy me and has me doubting future releases such as Phoenix Wright. Was absolutely retarded for them to release a character known for her agility to give her such a shitty torso.
Thing is they've done waist articulation on stuff with tight clothes or tight suits like Motoko Arise, Motoko SAC or Lady Armaroid. So either Nintendo prevented it - to avoid sexy posing - or they just didn't give a shit about Samus so they got lazy. Both Motoko's are posing kings in the line and the only drawback is it can get SLIGHTLY gappy if you push the articulation to the extreme. Something easily remedied with good camera angles or simply not pushing it to the max.
>>
File: mezco.jpg (52KB, 1047x785px) Image search: [Google]
mezco.jpg
52KB, 1047x785px
>>6324548

I literally have two, and imo it's a heavily overrated line. Tight clothes mean more possibility for wear and tear and you never feel comfortable leaving them posed too dynamically. Obviously it also completely restricts some motion too.

I've found they aren't great in the QC department either.
>>
>>6324548
> the texture is barely noticeable to the point it's like any movie costume in the movies.
You can literally see the grain of the fabric on those pics, considering its spandex, its fucking huge in comparison to the rest of the figure
Grain on fabric doesnt match lack of grain on face
Thick ass fabric makes his hands visibly chimp like

I'll take the Revo, its fun
>>
File: deadpool.jpg (287KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
deadpool.jpg
287KB, 1920x1080px
>>6325208
You can't see the actual grain unless you look really close.
You can notice that it's textured when holding it 6", but not the individual threads like in these images. Like i said, it's no worse than a movie costume. In fact, it's less textured looking than the actual costume.

>Thick ass fabric makes his hands visibly chimp like
? The hands are just plastic and on the figures i have, it just looks like a regular person wearing a leather glove with a jumpsuit/spandex. No worse than any cosplay or movie costume.
>>
>>6325208
I don't even own any of these figures, but come on man. You should know that comparing macro pics online =/= reality. You've gotta see it in person before judging. Or at the very least, scale the pic on your monitor so it's the size of the actual figure and then judge how it looks. I did the latter and the fabric texture on Deadpool's suit looks very fine and almost unnoticeable.
>>
>>6324475
>it's ok when shitty HotToys do it

All HotToys are literal shit, why do so many retards buy that hot garbage
>>
>>6325685
agreed, Hot toys are shit, +200 for a shit figure makes you into a literal retard fuck
>>
>>6325685

I don't like either brand all that much, but at HTs are fine if all you care about is detail.
>>
>>6320198
I tried to drag myself through Black Rock Shooter just to get to this girl bc she's cute as fuck but just could not, so I guess I'm kinda... relieved? To know the toy sucks.

If I ever find it for cheap I think I'll still do it though, I have a massive weakness for >tiny body
>MASSIVE FUCKING ROBO HANDS
>>
File: 1354758454873.jpg (521KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
1354758454873.jpg
521KB, 1200x800px
>>6320198
I took me a really long time to get her in a nice pose with her giant mech hands, but the slightest bump and she's down. It's honestly a shame because her design is so fucking cool.

I can only look at stuff like pic related and image how fucking hard it was to set her up like that.
>>
File: 1354758499436.jpg (313KB, 1200x901px) Image search: [Google]
1354758499436.jpg
313KB, 1200x901px
>>6327077
I mean just look at this shit. Must have been a nightmare to set up.
>>
>>6327069
>>6327077
>>6327080
Boy, it's a good thing I didn't care about the ogre arms at all and just bought her off an anon who wanted four arms for theirs. She's a really nice standalone figure.
>>
>>6322090
Actually the new JH's body was already released for Ghost Pred on the last kenner wave, i have that one, it's pretty alright imo, no lose joints at all, if anything the articulation is somewhat limited by the tubes.
>>
>>6327069
Well to be honest, all you need to know all you need to know about the tv series is that the angst of lesbians going through puberty can fuel an alternate reality of chaos and fighting.

And being a bullied girl with shitty home life will give other yuu M-M-M-ONSTER HAMHANDS
>>
>>6327069
BRS was a thing way before they butchered it with the anime.

I love the character design, and they're perfect as they are even without a background story.

They're one of the best figma lines, and (except for the first BRS) they shit on most recent figma releases, both quality and accessories-wise, for a fraction of the price.
>>
>>6328551
Is the TV version BRS worth it? I have the original figure that came with the DVD and as much as I love her she's kinda knackered (she was my first Figma).
>>
>>6328587
ABSOLUTELY.

Even with the frustration of [TV]-Strength and her loose arm joints, the entire collection is very well made and visually satisfying. The fact that they chose to make ALL of them is a gift I'll never be ungrateful for.
>>
>>6328587
Yes, she's an huge upgrade over the original.

What l did was giving the hood to the anime version, and using the haired head, plus one face, on the old body.
Now l have two really good looking BRS's.
>>
>>6320198
should i just get the bootlegs?
>>
>>6329869
Dude, just look at that picture you posted. The bootleg looks and is awful
>>
>>6329869
I bought a bootleg by accident when I was fresh into figmas. It was the Beast BRS, which I recently got, actually.

The smell of the toy was so awful and it was too ugly for me to justify keeping it. Lesson learned.
>>
>>6329869
Bootlegs are for practice and modding.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.