[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ninja Turtle General Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 330
Thread images: 94

File: Bebop.jpg (396KB, 1000x707px) Image search: [Google]
Bebop.jpg
396KB, 1000x707px
Let's talk about Ninja turtle toys. All toys, classic, modern.

What toys are you looking forward to, anons?

Have any purchases you are considering and need insight from others?

Recent acquisitions?
I recently got the S.H Figuarts Michelangelo, which now gives me all 4 of the turtles and I also just got the Revoltech Raphael. Will consider getting the other 4.

What I'm really on the fence about is ThreeZero's upcoming Out of the Shadows Raphael 1/6 scale figure. It looks really awesome, but I'm concerned about what the figure is made out of. It looks like it uses a lot of rubber to get the "look" of the reptilian skin, so I'm a bit concerned at how that would degrade over time.
>>
>>6319204
All I want is a modern, decent quality "reboot" of the Playmates 80s figures, a la MOTU or the NECA Aliens/Predators. Is that really too much to ask? Surely SOMEONE must have thought of it by now.
>>
>>6319222
You really think that Playmates is going to give up their designs?
>>
>>6319204

Not interested in buying anything Ninja Turtles but the Mega Bloks/Construx stuff and the minimates.Smaller scale stuff means it takes up less space plus both lines have better articulation than the main line.

I'm looking forward to seeing what the next cartoon looks like and how Playmates can fuck that up. I would like to see what Jei looks like up close though.
>>
>>6319204
Are the ThreeZero Rocksteady and Bebop even coming out still? I preordered them ages ago...I need my homo bros.
>>
https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status/859053004347105280

NECA has more con exclusive figures coming this year.

I would say they'll likely be more Mirage figures or a 1/12 scale version of their movie figures, but it really could be anything. I'd love to own a set of turtles based on the IDW comic.
>>
>>6319369

I'd buy the shit out of a Mirage Casey Jones and Splinter.

>I'd love to own a set of turtles based on the IDW comic

Man, I fucking wish. Some of the best designs in turtledom and we can't have them cause Playmates are retards.
>>
File: repaints.jpg (170KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
repaints.jpg
170KB, 1000x563px
I've begun seeing the finale repaint wave now and then. They seem to be smatters of the figures in the cases, at random.

I did kind of enjoy the MikeyxLeatherhead shipping color choice for Leatherhead's repaint.
>>
File: Gokins.jpg (3MB, 2479x1546px) Image search: [Google]
Gokins.jpg
3MB, 2479x1546px
I'm a big fan of the early cartoon inspired toys. But nothing beats these sweet Gokins.
>>
>>6319514

I wanna see those cute rabbits...show me them cute rabbits back there.
>>
>>6319270
I've seen no word of them being cancelled. And Sideshow has them listed as being coming out in Jun-July. So I'm gonna assume they're still coming out
>>
>>6319387
And I'd love them to release some figures based on the Mutants in Manhattan game, especially the villains. Goddamn, an Armaggon and Wingnut would be awesome. I don't even care if they aren't in scale
>>
>>6319551
I picked that up for $15 on clearance at Target. Pretty decent, if not a little frustrating, game. Would love those two designs as figures though, agreed.
>>
>>6319514
Krang looks great but I wish Shredder wasn't so damn huge. I wonder if they'd do more and less mechanical TMNT characters in the future, like Leatherhead.
>>
>>6319514
where did you grab krang? I can't seem to find him anywhere.
>>
>>6319369
Con stuff is worthless unless you are there at the con to get it in person. Unless you're fine with ass-chafing by scalpers.
>>
>>6319608
Grabbed him off Ebay in November.
>>
File: 84777-3-57f3856d459f2.jpg (31KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
84777-3-57f3856d459f2.jpg
31KB, 640x480px
>>6319222
The Classics 6" figures by Playmates were pretty good. Even half-ass affordable. The QC was pretty shoddy but is about as close as you can get without buying a NECA arcade set for insane money then custom painting it.
>>
Guys I love the idw rendition of Bebop and rocksteady, are there any figures specifically designed after those? With the sideburns on bebop and all.
>>
>>6319633
best TMNT right there

So easy to make, yet everyone else has fucked them up in some many ways.
>>
File: download-21.jpg (672KB, 3163x1339px) Image search: [Google]
download-21.jpg
672KB, 3163x1339px
>>6319637
I think the best set made to date is the NECA Black and White set imo.
While I admit that the 90s Cartoon/Movie is my childhood I love the old Mirage Designs and they nailed it with that set. I have the knockoff set in color because i'm too poor to get a legit one, but it's probably the one thing I kept if I got rid of all my toys.
>>
>>6319637
Whats wrong with the Figuarts ones? I mean aside from their price tag
>>
>>6319204
Honestly I just want a 6" scale Shredder. that can stand equal to Skeletor and Darth Vader. I'm still salty that Playmates scrapped their Shredder and I am really hoping that Bandai's not going to shitcan the Figuarts.
>>
>>6319698
People dislike the roundness of the sculpts and how they seem closer to marketing art based on the 80's cartoon rather than the cartoon itself. I still think they're great figures myself, but I admit I like the sculpts of that NECA set more, and I think the Classics turtles had good sculpts over all, they just suffered from awkward jointing.
>>
>>6319669
i agree, i'm thinking of buying the bootleg coloured bandana set soon since my original donatello broke at the hips
>>
>>6319745
They're just as good honestly. I used to have a legit Raph and I don't really notice much difference. Eventually when I get around to it I'm going to paint mine black and white.

If you do get a boot set the one thing you need to do is let them air out. When I opened them they REEKED of chemicals. I kept them buried in baking soda for almost a month.
The plastic is a bit different, but overall, especially for bootlegs, they're pretty high quality.
>>
>>6319698
I only had one but he had a pretty terrible quality problem.
My Michelangelo had a QC issue where the paint on his shins was extremely weak and scraped off extremely easily.
I haven't heard any other issues like that so maybe I just have shitty luck but it's turned me off of the line and die-cast in general. It's a shame too because otherwise I loved the figure but I ain't going to risk it again.

Now I'm considering the Revoltechs or bootleg NECA for my standard Turtles.
>>
>>6319791
If it helps, I can tell you I have all the Figuarts of all the turtles and have zero problems with them. the only thing I have notices is some minor paint slob on the handles of Leonardo's swords (which is a non-issue since I have him posed holding both of his swords)

But hey if you don't want to risk it , that's fine.

Do you have any opinion on the revoltech ones? I have Raphael (since he is my favorite turtle and I'm determined to own every incarnation of him). Still debating on getting the other 3 . I like their silly faces
>>
>>6319794
Like I said, I've never heard these issues elsewhere so I doubt it would've happened again. Maybe there wasn't an issue and I just wasn't careful enough with the paint or something but it made me afraid to handle the figure. Even a minor scratch scraped the paint. There's nothing worse than a figure you're afraid to even touch. I might risk it again but I'm a poorfag and spending $50-$60 on one when the first one I got was a dud just isn't gonna happen. Again, would rather spend that money on the Revoltechs even if they're based on the incarnation that has the worst version of my favorite Turtle.
>>
File: IMG_1046.jpg (552KB, 2016x1512px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1046.jpg
552KB, 2016x1512px
Personally I think anyone on the fence about picking up the Figuarts Turtles should absolutely jump on them. These might be my favorite TMNT figures (its a toss up between these and the massive NECA movie figures)
>>
>>6319698
I keep hoping the price will drop on those someday.
>>
>>6319822
>jumping on Party Favor TMNT Kazoo designs when NECA announced they're announcing more TMNT in a few weeks
Dumb
>>
>>6319369
>1/12 scale version of their movie figures
I would cum fucking buckets if this got announced. Those would be my end all be all TMNT figures.
>>
>>6319706
>Classics turtles
They were also too fucking big.
>>
>>6319851
It might on one or two of the turtles, but I'm guessing they will eventually sell out and become really expensive in the aftermarket, like most Figuarts. They're still relatively new, so that probably won't happen for at least a year or two
>>
>>6319970
>getting both cause I'm not poor
Feels good.
>>
>>6320186
They're perfectly scaled by western figure standards. They look great next to my NECA Mirage figures.
>>
>>6319204
Found a Muckman a couple weeks ago. Probably going to paint it when I figure out where the hell I put it.
>>
>>6320452

Muckman is one of the biggest disappointments I've seen by Playmates recently. I mean, I know the toys are cheap, especially by today's standards, and they aren't made with collectors in mind, but damn, did they really just not give a fuck. Which is a shame because the prototype they showed looked really good.

...I mean, at least they could have released him with a little Joe Eyeball minifigure (yes I know that wouldn't exactly make sense because in the new cartoon, Joe Eyeball IS his left eye, but still)...or ...even a trashcan lid or SOMETHING. He literally comes with no accessories
>>
>>6319822
I love how these look and handle but the price point hurts
>>
>>6320530
They are quite expensive. Amazon is currently selling most of the brothers for $10 cheaper than retail (Donatello is actually almost $20 cheaper) with Prime.

Sure, getting all four is still pretty expensive, but hey, just thought I'd mention it
>>
>>6320530
Just buy the turtle you like the most. The Figuarts all look more or less the same, just different colors and weapons. Nice figures though.
>>
>>6320525
I remember when the first wave of 2012 tmnt came out, and I was so impressed with the four turtles....Playmates got fucking lazy.
>>
>>6320530
I have a friend who actually found them at Half Price Books of all places for a great price.
>>
File: YOU WIN.jpg (96KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
YOU WIN.jpg
96KB, 960x720px
>>6319822
>>6319970
>>6320330
>>
File: wolviewall.jpg (199KB, 728x827px) Image search: [Google]
wolviewall.jpg
199KB, 728x827px
>>6320330
I'm not a gross completist.

Why get multiples of the same characters with the same design, especially when they're not done well?
>>
File: donatello-generations.jpg (154KB, 800x675px) Image search: [Google]
donatello-generations.jpg
154KB, 800x675px
>>6320448
Really?
>>
File: tmt.jpg (121KB, 1100x660px) Image search: [Google]
tmt.jpg
121KB, 1100x660px
The Arcade Turtles are some of my favorites forever, simply because I spent so many birthdays playing it in the arcade room at Mazzio's Pizza.
>>
File: Don Dong.jpg (1008KB, 2322x4128px) Image search: [Google]
Don Dong.jpg
1008KB, 2322x4128px
And I'm still waiting for Entertainmentearth to get the Raphael back in stock so I can finally get that. And Leo is gonna be shipping soon, too, apparently.
>>
File: IMG_20170510_002542.jpg (3MB, 3348x5952px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170510_002542.jpg
3MB, 3348x5952px
Hey guys I picked ul
>pic related

At savers, and was curious, what do you recommend I use to sanitize it? Lysol sanitize wipes?
>>
>>6321064
hope they do a 4 in 1 pack
>>
>>6321433
lol Donnie looks like he's hyperventilating inside the bag.

Honestly if you want to clean them, just submerge them in lukewarm (NOT HOT) water with regular dish soap You can use a toothbrush to lightly scrub them if you like

Then towel dry and shake it out to get out any water that went inside the figure.

It's what I do when I buy older ninja turtle figures that aren't MOSC

Won't affect their paint or affect the plastic. just don't use hot water.

If the figure has a smoke smell, you can put the toy in a sealable container and sprinkle some baking soda on it. This will take a few days but the baking soda will get rid of the smell
>>
>>6321639
Thanks anon
>>
>>6321639
>just don't use hot water.
Why? I put figures in boiled water all the time to remove parts or fix warping. It has no negative effects.
>>
>>6320533
thank you kind anon
>>
>>6320533
>>6320654
>>6320761
thanks for the tips anons. I'm not in the US so Half Price Books wont be an option for me but Amazon could be.
>>
>>6321831

Yes, hot water can indeed be used to fix warping. But depending on the age of the toy, the quality of the plastic, etc, using boiled water or even hot water, can warp a figure. Not saying it definitely will, but it can.

And there's no need to take that risk if you're just wanting to clean/sanitize your figure. Lukewarm water with dish soap will do the same job as hot water with dish soap, and there's no chance of the plastic warping from heat
>>
>>6321015
Damn that's a shit load of Wolverines

I'm not that bad.

Since Raphael is my favorite turtle, I would like to own at least one good figure of every incarnation of him. I already have the Figuarts and Revoltech ones. So I guess I just need a comic version, the NECA 1/4th version for the live action move one, and probably will get the ThreeZero 1/6 scale "Bayverse" movie version
>>
>>6321433
>Dat Donnie face

Poor turtle... He has seen a lot of disgusting things.
>>
The skin won't degrade. It isn't latex rubber, it isn't even silicone.
It's softened PVC.
>>
>>6324001
Do you have one? Got any pics? I've never seen anyone actually buy these things.
>>
>>6324001
awesome. I really want to get Raphael.

Also Rocksteady and Bebop but I think that would cost a bit too much
>>
TMNT 3 when? Or reboot?
>>
>>6319204

You can ask threezero about rubber degradation issues on their support email on their website, they respond pretty quickly and take care of customers. I had them send over replacement parts for no charge at all, and they were big pieces. If you have normiebook they also reply pretty quickly on there too.
>>
>>6324675
I read from some online news site that a sequel is unlikely due to Out of the Shadows underperforming at the box office. It didn't bomb, by any means, but it didn't make as much as the first one.

Which is a shame because I actually enjoyed the sequel more than the original. They really tried to go for the old cartoon feel and I think they managed to achieve that. Rocksteady and Bebop were fucking fantastic. Would have liked Krang to be in the movie a bit more, but it was still a great film.

Was it a cinematic masterpiece? a triumph of screenwriting? Good lord, no. But it was never trying to be. It was simply trying to be a fun movie, and I think it succeeded in that respect.

As for a reboot, the next reboot you have to look forward to is the new animated series that will be following the end of the series that started in 2012 (which concludes after this season I believe) As for a movie reboot? Probably not for a long long time, if ever
>>
Did anyone pick up the first gokin shredder? I got mine last friday from a guy on amazon but there was a terribly chunk missing from his waist. Currently waiting for him to resend me the figure. All I have now is his cool weapons wrack with his helmet and weapons just waiting for him.
>>
>>6324703
I agree, it was a loud, overbearing piece of trash, but it was also entirely enjoyable. I was surprised by how much I liked it. Bebop and Rocksteady were amazing, and I'm honestly feeling really tempted by the 3Z Bebop.
>>
Is there a release date for the Usagi figure yet?
>>
>>6319970
What's wrong with the design of the Turtles they used for wash cloths? I still have mine.
>>
>>6325577

Speaking of, apparently there's going to be an SDCC exclusive Usagi that has three heads. According to the creator's twitter, anyway.
>>
>>6326011
That's rad. Guess I'm paying "can't go to comicon" tax on it.
>>
File: 20170515_225256.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170515_225256.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
Got this yesterday at a flea market for $15. It's a little dirty, and Mikey's left arm doesn't work half the time but it's super cool
>>
>>6329673

That's in surprisingly good shape, for the age, too! Good grab.
>>
File: IMG_7014.jpg (1023KB, 1768x3173px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7014.jpg
1023KB, 1768x3173px
>>
>>6330418
He's such a great figure. I'm hoping mine gets shipped back to me soon. Did you fill the screw holes in his shoulders with the plugs they give you?
>>
>>6331451
I did, and they don't sit flush, nor do they match color. Almost as ugly as the screw holes
>>
>>6331451

They have screw hole plugs? I didn't know about that.
>>
>>6330418
Fucking love this shot. Just makes me want to do something similar with Spider-Man and one of his villains.
>>
File: Bv01N0yIUAA1vyn.jpg large.jpg (103KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Bv01N0yIUAA1vyn.jpg large.jpg
103KB, 1024x768px
>>6324703
>I read from some online news site that a sequel is unlikely due to Out of the Shadows underperforming at the box office. It didn't bomb, by any means, but it didn't make as much as the first one.

Honestly, this is pretty ideal. It not bombing is important because it shows there's still interest in the franchise but it didn't make so much money that we would get another one of those dreadful Platinum Dunes movies.
>>
I'd like to see Neca do a complete TMNT series from the 90s movie including Shredder, Splinter, Casey, April, Foot Soldiers.
>>
>>6335842
Fuck yes this would be my dream. Tatsu too.
>>
File: IMG_7071.jpg (1MB, 3111x2403px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7071.jpg
1MB, 3111x2403px
Brothers from another mutation, reunited, thanks to the thrift store.
>>
File: playmates 2017 plan leak.jpg (59KB, 779x590px) Image search: [Google]
playmates 2017 plan leak.jpg
59KB, 779x590px
we've seen some of these released (super ninjas), others teased at NYTF (samurai, monsters bb+rs), and some not at all (road warriors).
anyone heard anything about them, since the show seems to be on an infinite hiatus deathspiral?
>>
>>6335842
Is there some specific legal issues why they can't do normal scaled TMNT stuff and other characters besides the turtles?

I would love to have a movie Shredder and Casey Jones.
>>
>>6336828
>Is there some specific legal issues
Yes. I believe the issue is that Playmates were also producing their own shitty smaller scale TMNT movie figures. So NECA is only allowed to make fuckhuge ones, so as not to compete with them. Similar thing happened with DC and Marvel I believe, and it's why NECA only makes 1/4 scale figs of those characters (aside from the goofy 2-packs they've been doing lately, like Superman vs. Ali and Batman vs. Predator).
>>
>>6336833
I just hope they can find a way around it. I don't care if it's a con exclusive like the video game stuff, I would pay stupid money for those Turtles in 1:12 as well as the other characters.
>>
>>6336833
While I'm not saying you're wrong, that's really stupid. Why?

Because NECA Ninja Turtles would still cost TWICE as much as the Playmates toys. Playmates are still cheaper toys, which means parents are more likely to buy them for kids.

NECA Turtles would pretty much only be for collectors. Which is how it should be, cuz a NECA toy won't last a fuckin' week in an 8 year old's hands
>>
>>6337587
because TMNT is Playmate's bread and butter. Why do you think Playmates suddenly did Mirage comic turtles even though they were much worse than the NECA ones? Playmates has operated under the assumption(some would say delusion) that they produce collector's toys since, hell, the first movie turtles from 1991. In a more direct way since the first wave of classics releases. Yes, they're out of touch, but thats the way things are.
>>
File: IMG_1395.jpg (77KB, 600x312px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1395.jpg
77KB, 600x312px
NECA is teasing what is mostly likely their Comic Con figures.
>>
File: IMG_1394.jpg (196KB, 600x553px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1394.jpg
196KB, 600x553px
>>6339899
>>
>>6339899
>>6339902
Really liking what I see. I probably won't be able to get them for less than rapeprices because I sure can't go to Comic-Con.
If the aftermarket is kind and the set somehow manages to be less than $200 then maybe.
Or if it gets bootlegged. That's also a possibility.
>>
>>6339899
Neat. I already got the Figuarts turtles though, so I won't be needing these ones. (they look like the cartoon incarnations)
>>
>>6339899
>Cartoon

Dammit, I just bought the other two figuarts i needed too.
>>
>>6339899
So these are just repaints of the Arcade Turtles, right?
>>
>>6340054
You probably would have to pay the same, if not more , for that convention set than you did the Figuarts toys.
>>
>>6339899
Wow, These actually look fantastic
>finally using a visibly higher quality plastic
>proper parts separation instead of just slathering paint on everything

Nice I actually want these. I've sworn off neca for a while now, maybe they will finally get their shit together and make their figures with a quality that can live up to the sculpts (which have always s been great)
>>
>>6339899
80's cartoon repaints of their TMNT arcade figures is a bit disappointing if you've already bought the figuarts, but if you haven't bought those or are Subjectanon I would imagine this is exciting news.

I'd totally be down for cartoon repaints of Shredder and the Foot Clan though.
>>
>>6339899
>>6339902
When the evil Shredder attacks.
>>
>>6340088
>visibly higher quality plastic
You can't tell that from a dark image.

You wouldn't even be able to tell it's high quality even if someone took a picture of the plain plastic pellets.
>>
File: tmnt art.jpg (60KB, 333x500px) Image search: [Google]
tmnt art.jpg
60KB, 333x500px
>>6340078
The sets from last year was $100. That's $25 each.
So that's not even half the price of a Figuarts for cartoon accurate toys, which the Figuarts aren't.
>>
>>6335927
>Biker Mice From Mars

Man, I'd love that series to get some new figures to go with the old-school Modo I found thrift store hunting. The 2006 series redesigns just didn't do anything for me.
>>
File: IMG_7046.jpg (1MB, 3019x3196px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7046.jpg
1MB, 3019x3196px
>>6340491
I can, by looking at it I already know how it feels. I can describe how any plastic would feel to the touch just by glancing at it.

This comes from being a 33 yr old man child who has never taken a break from toys and not being a summer vacation newfaggot like you.
>>
>>6340659
>i've studied bullshitting for 33 years and know how to pull my weight around newfags to sound knowledgeable
I've been studying bullshitters for the entirety of my 38 years on this earth, so i can spot you a mile away.
>>
>>6340580
That's great if you're going to the convention.

If not, be prepared to spend a lot more
>>
>>6341294
Stop being ignorant.

The NYCC set was sold online for $100 too.

And if NECA does do it exclusive to SDCC only, middle manning is an option. Last year they made a ton of sets and they weren't hard to get at all. Practically no lines and they were being sold until late Saturday.
>>
>>6341952
>>6341294

Guys, they've said they're allowed to do public non-attendee sales now. They'll announce an order date soon they said. The Arcade sets were such a success it's allowed them to do these open orders.

I don't know why, maybe Nickelodeon got a money boner and slapped Playmates down?
>>
>>6341952
It's gonna be SDCC Exclusive. Like the last two sets. Which went for about $175 for a month or two before they came down in price. Oh and good luck finding legit ones in the sea of bootlegs that came out at the same time.
>>
>>6342184
>buying something like the TMNT sets a month afterward when they were so easier to get the week of SDCC for only $100
And like >>6342055 mentioned, it's likely that they'll sell it online anyway.

Anyone who doesn't get it the week it comes out deserves to pay the latecomer tax.
You have 2 months until SDCC, so there's no excuse to not have money ready for awesome toys that aren't even expensive.
>>
>>6321439
>tfw 7 inch 4 in 1 pack

It would be so good.
>>
>>6340425
HANG THE FUCK ON, are we finally *finally* getting a good 6" scale Shredder?
>>
File: TMNT-feat-img-590w-500x262.jpg (48KB, 500x262px) Image search: [Google]
TMNT-feat-img-590w-500x262.jpg
48KB, 500x262px
>>6342927
The same one from last year, but more gooder painted.

I'm hoping that they do Bebop and Rocksteady too, since including two more purple Foot Soldiers would be too redundant.
>>
I want to get a figuarts turtle but can't decide on Donatello or Leo. Is there any difference quality wise? Is one gonna be harder to get than the other?
>>
>>6346044
Only difference is accessories and faces. I like donnie better since he comes with pizza while leo has a manhole cover.
>>
>>6346481
I was thinking the same, I like all the turtles for different reasons so it's hard to pick just one, but I was scared one is iltra rare or something and I'd kick my ass later
>>
>>6337759
I was thinking the same, like why would that dude want a movie version of the turtle first of all lol
>>
>>6346811
Because pirates?
>>
>>6344225
We could be seeing new head sculpts on the foot and Shredder. Maybe. We will see.
>>
Got my replacement First gokin shredder in. Man, he's a great figure. I don't think I have any toys that can hold their sword two handed in front of them like he can. I also love how they made the hands super soft so you never have issues with them moving accessories around. All around like an 8/10 figure. Would have been a perfect 10/10 if he were a bit shorter.
>>
>>6346044
personally i say go with leo. donatello's alternate head is way too happy + the wraps on his bo staff aren't painted.

>>6325577
he and the samurai turtles hit california stores this week so they should be gradually rolling out across the states over the next month or two.
>>
>>6347815
New sculpt on the foot and shredder?
Where?
>>
Found the new wave of turtles tonight, all of them but Usagi, of course
>>
File: P1030026.jpg (2MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
P1030026.jpg
2MB, 2560x1920px
After having it up for a few years, I finally took down my Neca Mirage display, at least for now. But before I did, I took a picture.

(Sorry about the dust. It's been there a while.)
>>
>>6348616
usagi's out?
>>
File: DAidkhVXoAEhRmF.jpg (50KB, 516x478px) Image search: [Google]
DAidkhVXoAEhRmF.jpg
50KB, 516x478px
>>6348444

They haven't shown them directly, but this basically confirms that the foot have some new tooling.
>>
>>6348940
i'm not sure how that's proof.

Isn't that just the packagebubble?
>>
>>6348828
Eww bootlegs...
>>
File: TMNT-Collectors-Case8.jpg (2MB, 3000x2400px) Image search: [Google]
TMNT-Collectors-Case8.jpg
2MB, 3000x2400px
>>6340425

So a new molded head and cape, but basically the same mold and Krang. Yeah I'm down for it.
>>
File: Foot-Clan_01.jpg (868KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Foot-Clan_01.jpg
868KB, 1920x1080px
> 80s Shredder has a cloth cape.
>>
File: Foot-Clan_04.jpg (782KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Foot-Clan_04.jpg
782KB, 1920x1080px
KRANG!!!!!
>>
File: Foot-Clan_06.jpg (497KB, 1920x714px) Image search: [Google]
Foot-Clan_06.jpg
497KB, 1920x714px
>>
File: Foot-Clan_05.jpg (2MB, 1920x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Foot-Clan_05.jpg
2MB, 1920x1920px
>>
>>6340659
>>6330418
which shredder is this? i don't know much about tmnt toys
>>
File: Foot-Clan_03.jpg (530KB, 1920x714px) Image search: [Google]
Foot-Clan_03.jpg
530KB, 1920x714px
>>
File: Foot-Clan_13.jpg (765KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Foot-Clan_13.jpg
765KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>6351346
"first gokin" is the maker. chinese and unlicensed but very high quality.
>>
File: 1486407919027.jpg (71KB, 647x594px) Image search: [Google]
1486407919027.jpg
71KB, 647x594px
>$200 8-figure set

Oh, you fucks.

I'd gladly buy the Shredder/Krang/Foot for a c-note but they just have to fuck over those of us that are perfectly content with the Figuarts.
>>
>>6351392
i fuckin feel it dude
>>
>>6351392
Pretty sure the reason they're pushing them together is because last year the TMNT sold out while the Foot Clan set didn't.

If they sell them seperately, i'm totally buying another foot clan box and sell off the shredder and krang.
>>
>>6351392
This, I just completed my figuarts turtle team and love them too much to get rid of them, Guess we just have to hope for figuarts shredder to get released.
>>
>>6351328
>>6351330
How did last years set scale with marvel legends? These might fit in well with them and the articulated icons which are coming out this year. I'd love a good 6 inch shredder. The first gokin is great but he's giant.
>>
>>6351386
thanks, he looks pretty cool and it's neat how he comes with the turtles weapons

wonder if they're doing the turtles proper
>>
>>6351609
they are just google first gokin tmnt or whatever

they're big as fuck though
>>
File: DSC_00011-800x500_c.jpg (108KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_00011-800x500_c.jpg
108KB, 800x500px
>>6351615
i just ask because "first gokin tmnt" mostly brings up krang and shredder
>>
>>6351328
Will this one also go on sale online? I can't go to SDCC and I don't want to pay rape prices for this.
>>
>>6329673
My mom got this for me as a kid from the thrift store and I remember it breaking.
: (
>>
>>6351328
It looks great and as someone who wasn't entirely satisfied with the Figuarts I would love this set.
But I can't go to SDCC and I doubt I'll be able to get it when it goes up for a limited time on NECA's website. God the scalper prices are going to be insane on this set.
I'm really going to be upset about missing that Krang more than any of them, though. He looks cool and outside of the First Gokin we don't have many options for Krang.
>>
>>6351392
>buying shitty figuarts based on beach towel designs when superior neca sculpts existed
You have no one to blame but yourself.
>>
>>6351392
so sell the turtles on eBay?
>>
>>6351970
me too. I want Krang more than anything else in that set.

I don't care for BBTS but I wonder if they're going to get any of those sets
>>
>>6351392

The NECA's won't have the same level of articulation as the Figuarts, obviously.
>>
File: tmnt opening.gif (939KB, 400x303px) Image search: [Google]
tmnt opening.gif
939KB, 400x303px
>>6352628
But they actually look like they are from the cartoon, not from a mexican candy store.
>>
>>6351392
the 2016 set got bootlegged for cheap, so this one will too.
>>
>>6352724
and also don't have painted diecast that chips in less than a year
>>
>>6351392
You're the one that made the mistake of buying those shitty things. You're 100% at fault.
>>
>>6352743
>and also don't have painted diecast that chips in less than a week
Ftfy
>>
File: TMNT-NECA-Promo-Photo.jpg (273KB, 2048x1782px) Image search: [Google]
TMNT-NECA-Promo-Photo.jpg
273KB, 2048x1782px
>>6351328
Who's fucking dick do I need to suck to get a movie set like this, with Tatsu in place of Krang?
>>
File: figuarts shred head.jpg (142KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
figuarts shred head.jpg
142KB, 2048x1365px
>>6351621
>2K Turtles
Bless you First Gokin, bless you...

>>6351328
These look really good, but I'm pretty burnt out on the OG Turtles at this point. Why not shift more of a focus to the 90's movie turtles, the 2K turtles or even the turtles from the CG movie?

I love the way that Shredder and the Foot Soldiers look, but I really think I'd be better of waiting for the Figuarts versions. The Figuarts Shredder looks better to me, and will fit in with my Figuarts turtles.
>>
>>6352734
Where can I find these bootlegs? I've checked eBay and don't see any cheap bootlegs of the Arcade Turtles.

Unless you're talking about the Mirage Shredder and Foot Clan set.
>>
>>6352902
they are not specifically advertised as bootlegs, but they're going to be the copies sold by Chinese sellers asking less than average, about $15-$20 shipped per loose turtle. There's also this, I'd seriously doubt it's a legit set for the price they want.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NECA-SDCC-2016-Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-7-Action-Figure-Exclusive-Box-TMNT-/132170001319
>>
>>6348374
Thanks Anon, I was sold on Donny because of the pizza but I liked the swords better so I'll go with leo
>>
>>6352724
The look of the turtles changes almost every scene, because cheap animators had very different drawing styles. The Figuarts turtles look like the promotion art for the original TMNT cartoon.

I would buy the NECA set if I could actually, but like I mentioned; I can't go to SDCC/pay rape prices through scalpers. If the set would be available online for a while, I would buy them in a heartbeat. Posing them would probably suck, but it's a great deal for 200 bucks.
>>
File: kennedy dance.gif (3MB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
kennedy dance.gif
3MB, 512x384px
>>6353785
I always love when you come in with your same excuse, because all you're basically saying is that the NECA turtles look like they do when the cartoon was given a higher budget for better animation, while the Figuarts are based on Kennedy Studio's scenes.

Also, what promo art? The party favor kazoo toppers?
>>
>>6353794
You do realize that when it's licensed for products like that, then yes that's promotional art. That is literally what promo art is. Art that a company uses to promote their product.
>>
File: mcdonalds tmnt.jpg (282KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
mcdonalds tmnt.jpg
282KB, 1024x768px
>>6353817
oh, i thought you meant something that was used for the cartoon and not just for the mcdonalds happy meals.
>>
File: tmntawesomeeastervhsfront[1].jpg (381KB, 584x1018px) Image search: [Google]
tmntawesomeeastervhsfront[1].jpg
381KB, 584x1018px
>>6353821
Looks like it was used for the cartoon to me.
>>
File: tmnt 80s vs 90s.png (1MB, 1358x513px) Image search: [Google]
tmnt 80s vs 90s.png
1MB, 1358x513px
>>6353829
>90s style art when they tried to make it even more kid friendly
gross
>>
File: temp.gif (451KB, 500x288px) Image search: [Google]
temp.gif
451KB, 500x288px
>>6353847
They only looked that badass during the intro. Most of the times they looked like the Figuarts turtles, but with really badly animated.

I do like the look of the NECA turtles, but it's not the same look as the actual cartoon.
>>
>>6353847
>>6353852
That we have two different COMPLETE sets of highly poseable and show accurate sets of the Ninja Turtles is fucking awesome as it is.
>>
>>6352724
stop being salty because you can't afford the Figuarts
>>
>>6353852
like i said >>6353794
And there are various parts in the original movie/miniseries where the animation wasn't shit.

And really, the cartoon isn't even good (nostalgia aside), but damn the designs and characters are amazing. Only reason i care about the figures.

PS, i have not seen the original cartoon since my childhood.
>>
>>6353852
Regardless of animation quality the turtle's plastrons never had a rim around it in the show, only in promo art and merchandise. There was also never a rim around their belt buckles in show, nor was the font of the letters ever what the figuarts and other merch use. Neca's the only one who's ever bothered to look at the actual toon and get those details right.
>>
The only thing that pisses me off is that NECA was apparently only allowed to make this set an SDCC exclusive. I get it. Playmates are faggots that don't want NECA threatening their cashcow, but I'm honestly worried I won't be able to get this set. I'm not going to the con, and I find it a very strong possibility the sets will sell out before I can order one.

I REALLY WANT THAT SET, especially Krang. But $200 is expensive enough as is, and I'm not going to pay eBay rape prices
>>
>>6354133
The Mirage-, videogame- and Figuarts-Donatello look good, the rest looks retarded.
>>
>>6353883
The Figuarts is the Turtle the kid version of me would buy. Grown-up me likes the Mirage one the best, but those are way beyond my budget right now.

And like I said; I would gladly buy the NECA set for 200 bucks. I'd rather pay 200 bucks for the same set, but made by Figuarts personally though. But I really like posing my figures, so that's why I buy Japanese brands.

I'll get a Mezco in October; my firt American toy since childhood.
>>
>>6354133
>Neca's the only one who's ever bothered to look at the actual toon and get those details right.
Yep.
Quality toy of the cartoon characters, not of the party favors.
>>
File: CEL-MIKEANDDON2%20(2)WATER[1].jpg (201KB, 800x553px) Image search: [Google]
CEL-MIKEANDDON2%20(2)WATER[1].jpg
201KB, 800x553px
>>6354133
>>6354677
>>
>>6352837

Probably NYCC or next year's SDCC more than likely.
>>
>>6352893
>>2K Turtles
>Bless you First Gokin, bless you...

I don't think they're literally the 2k Turtles; its just that the 2K Turtles went for a solid "generic" serious turtle style with the blank eyes and more human bodies. Like a blend of the live action 90's movies and the toys.
>>
>>6351328
So is this set only going to be available AT sdcc? No chance at getting it online like last year's Mirage style Shredder w/Foot Clan?
>>
>>6354821
online and SDCC.

Online will be more limited though.
>>
>>6354852
Have they announced a date for online sale yet?
>>
The new samurai wave with Usagi is out at some Walmart and Target.

They actually fixed his wonky proportions.
>>
>everyone still griping about the cost and con exclusive limited availability

THESE
WILL
BE
BOOTLEGED

All prior Neca TMNT has. You miss these? Oh tough, buy a KO for less than retail 6 months later. They're often sold separately too.

>but I have to support the company

If you're going to pull that excuse you deserve to waste money.
>>
>>6356203
Only found the SDCC set from last year at the same price as real ones.
>>
>>6356171
On one hand, this looks pretty bad. On the other hand, it has a surprising amount of articulation for a TMNT toy, and Usagi toys aren't exactly common so...
>>
>>6356522

Search 'Neca SDCC' on AliExpress.
>>
File: IMG_20170602_202234959-2672x1503.jpg (564KB, 2672x1503px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170602_202234959-2672x1503.jpg
564KB, 2672x1503px
>>6356533
Got a hold of one. It's fucking Playmates, it's a miracle they actually fixed the head sculpt and the articulation is almost on par to basic turtles. This is probably the best Usagi figure to date, but that's not saying much.
>>
File: usagidino.jpg (138KB, 463x686px) Image search: [Google]
usagidino.jpg
138KB, 463x686px
>>6356612
This one looks nice, but it's not as poseable and the aftermarket prices are a nightmare.
>>
>>6356203
I could give a shit of "supporting the company"

Fuck NECA.

However, I don't know for SURE that this set will be bootlegged, so I am going to try my damndest to get it

and mainly for Krang
>>
>>6356612
Are his hips balljointed?
>>
>>6356612
hi rukitron
>>
>>6356733
Nope.
>>
Man I want usagi so bad. Missed him twice now. It's nice to see a recolor of splinter in the case too btw. A shame that his colors are so ugly and they didn't add any articulation tho
>>
>>6353852
>>6354716
I'm not exactly sure what you're referring to with the images you keep posting, but NECA's are accurate to the cartoon.

See the intro for how on model they are: >>6352724
>>
>>6356853
Not him, but I think what he's trying to say is that most of the time the Turtles didn't look as badass as they did in the intro. They looked sorta goofy.
>>
>>6356851
Maybe if we're lucky the next show or whatever will have a more articulated Splinter. He's usually in basic articulation hell since forever though.
>>
File: tmnt party supplies.jpg (152KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
tmnt party supplies.jpg
152KB, 720x540px
>>6356912
bad art is bad.
good art is good.
no shit?
>>
>>6356203
Aren't bootlegs lower in quality?
>>
>>6356969
That's not bad art. It's just a different interpretation of the Turtles. Here they are more aimed at young children, while the newer designs are more aimed at tweens.

Since I grew up with the 90s designs of the Turtles, I like the Figuarts the most. They've really captured that look.
>>
File: 1991turtlefigs.jpg (860KB, 3614x2084px) Image search: [Google]
1991turtlefigs.jpg
860KB, 3614x2084px
I'm guessing they won't be releasing any more turtle toys from the Secret of the Ooze line, right? It's my favourite TMNT film and would have loved to see a Super Shredder.
>>
>>6357017
but it is literally is bad art.

They can't keep it on model, because they're rushed and not keeping consistent quality.
>>
>>6356731
>Fuck NECA

No, fuck you faggot. With that sort of attitude you don't deserve these figures. You want to be an ass? Be an ass, but you suffer for it.
>>
>>6352893
>the 2K turtles or even the turtles from the CG movie?

Because they want the toys to actually sell? 80s kids have the money right now, that's what they want. That's what companies are giving them.
>>
File: temp.jpg (103KB, 576x424px) Image search: [Google]
temp.jpg
103KB, 576x424px
>>6357100
Actually, the proportions and posing are very true to the original comics.
It's hard to do a dynamic pose for a Turtle, but not impossible.
>>
>>6357100
Dude stop sperging out. It's every TMNT topic you do this; we get it. Stop.
>>
File: TMNT-Cells-1-e1410555598843[1].png (97KB, 792x612px) Image search: [Google]
TMNT-Cells-1-e1410555598843[1].png
97KB, 792x612px
>>6357100
But the turtles from the intro aren't on model either.
>>
>>6357224
He keeps coming back to party supplies. Maybe he had some horrible scarring moment where he had a TMNT birthday party and some kid called it "gay" and everyone laughed or something and it triggered him for the rest of his life.
>>
>>6357311
And the characters in the show rarely look like that.
That intro still kicks ass though.
>>
>>6357028
Holy shit. I wish these sculpts weren't so awful, cause these are some really respectable accessory loadouts here.
>>
>>6357028
Doubtful, they were crap and didn't sell very well. Now they're banking on meme shit like the old turtle toys (WWE crossover )
>>
>>6357181
Yeah, no. If I get a set, I get a set, and there's nothing you can do to stop me
>>
>>6357790
I don't think they are that bad, but agreed they could have done a better job overall. I do love the accessories. My only gripe is the inclusion of ninja stars for both Leo and Raph... I don't think they ever used them in the movie.

>>6357798
That's a shame. I was hoping they would shoot out a couple more, at least put out a couple bad villains or something.
>>
>>6357324
Maybe they were raped as a child by someone wearing a cartoony yet still disturbing TMNT mask.
>>
File: bubblegum ice cream tmnt.jpg (17KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
bubblegum ice cream tmnt.jpg
17KB, 259x194px
>>6357191
are you serious?
The bodies are completely different and putting on different heads to what you claim would be just retarded.

>>6357224
Dude, if you and guys like the post I just responded to wouldn't keep on trying to claim they're accurate to anything but the 25¢ racing cars from the candy machines, maybe i wouldn't be pointing out how dumb they sound.

>>6357311
Do you even read what you post?
That's a TMNT model sheet from Playmates. Not the cartoon and it obviously wasn't used.

>>6357324
>He keeps coming back to party supplies
That's because that's the most common ususage of these designs. Just generic licensing art that wasn't even used by any of the toy companies.
>>
>another art argument
>>
File: image.jpg (23KB, 266x189px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23KB, 266x189px
I think the figuarts look like what japan thinks tmnt should be drawn.
>>
File: Ninja-Turtles_09[1].jpg (961KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Ninja-Turtles_09[1].jpg
961KB, 1920x1080px
They look cool. But then so do the Figuarts.

I kind of feel like there's a lot of sour grapes going on here? Like these figures are so fucking expensive that most people can't justify owning both so they come up with reasons why the one they chose is better?

All I know is up until a couple years ago TMNT fans were pretty much getting jack and shit so I'm grateful for each and every quality figure release.
>>
>>6358593
its just one guy with aspergers and a trolling streak
>>
File: temp.jpg (270KB, 630x967px) Image search: [Google]
temp.jpg
270KB, 630x967px
>>6358528
Those designs were also often used for cover-art. The designs of the Turtles would chance drastically from artist to artist. Which is logical since Eastman didn't have the time to draw everything.
>>
File: temp.jpg (288KB, 800x610px) Image search: [Google]
temp.jpg
288KB, 800x610px
>>6358600
So many cool characters in those comics.
>>
>>6358593
I guess I'd better start saving for the online NECA sale. Shipping costs will probably rape me in the ass.
I do dislike how Shredder and the Foot Soldiers don't have any ab-crunch, but the Turtles don't need that anyway.
>>
File: tmnt.gif (770KB, 400x303px) Image search: [Google]
tmnt.gif
770KB, 400x303px
>>6358593
>sour grapes
That implies people who want cartoon accurate toys are lying that they want cartoon accurate toys, because why would anyone want to have toys based on amazing scenes like this?

So many trolls and liars on this board, who don't really care figures that look like they came out of quality animated scenes.

Truly the hate comes from not having money to buy everything, because real collectors buy every little variation to fill their rooms with the same thing over and over no matter how it looks.
>>
>>6358616
That scene does look amazing, but it's not representative of my experience with the cartoon. It's a few seconds clipped out of the intro. Most of the time the Turtles didn't look like that, and even for a battle-oriented show, they didn't spend the majority of their time looking cool and kicking ass. Most of their adventures were...just that. Adventuring. There was a good deal of goofing around too. Ass kicking was just a small part of it.

So sure, the boys do look cool in that gif...they just don't really make me think of the Turtles I grew up with.
>>
>>6358616
I don't have the space to buy every single Turtle toy. Collection every variation is only interesting for people who exclusivly collect TMNT toys.

Buying that SDCC TMNT set will fill an entire shelf in my display case.

That intro probably had the same budget as an entire TMNT episode.
>>
File: TMNT-Cells-54-e1410554587412[1].png (174KB, 792x612px) Image search: [Google]
TMNT-Cells-54-e1410554587412[1].png
174KB, 792x612px
>>6358528
>That's a TMNT model sheet from Playmates. Not the cartoon and it obviously wasn't used.

I want you to think long and hard about what you just said.
>>
STOP FUCKIN REPLYING TO SUBJECTANON
>>
File: tmnt 80s.gif (167KB, 360x240px) Image search: [Google]
tmnt 80s.gif
167KB, 360x240px
>>6358616
Here's something you don't seem to understand.
Some companies who care about quality want to put the best pieces forward, so basing the figures on the best parts of the animation shouldn't be shocking.
Almost everyone one of us who grew up then WISH the cartoons looked as amazing as the intros and not looking like the crap that made up the actual content of the show.
A lot of people whose nostalgia is overpowering, or just casuals remembering their favorite shows, sometimes believe that the intros are exactly like the cartoons actually were.
So NECA's figures are liked because of that faithfulness of the best animated parts of the show.

To make claims that those of us who care about the figures looking like that part of the cartoon are only disliking the poorly animated and generic licensing art because of sour grapes is silly and completely blind that people have diferent tastes.
And no one is saying that it's wrong to like what Playmates and Bandai produced. All anyone's said is that it's mostly based on the off model animation and the generic licensing designs.

>>6358632
>posting another image with the name of the studio that is actually on model
Good job at posting a different model sheet that looks like it came from the cartoon.

>>6358624
how dare you have limited space and need to be more selective on what you can buy!
>>
>>6319204

i got overwhelmed when nick started whoring out the license and tons of "collector grade" stuff started being produced, been out of the loop

is there any info about neca releasing smaller scale versions of the 1/4 movie figures? I want a set -so- bad, but that's just too damn big. same issue with the mondo figures.

would kill for 6 inch versions of those neca movie's tho.
>>
File: TMNT-Cells-5-e1410555542438[1].png (128KB, 792x612px) Image search: [Google]
TMNT-Cells-5-e1410555542438[1].png
128KB, 792x612px
>>6358640
I'm going to blow your fucking mind, bro.

Here's a model sheet that says Playmates on it.
>>
File: TMNT-Cells-64-e1410554344620[1].png (141KB, 792x612px) Image search: [Google]
TMNT-Cells-64-e1410554344620[1].png
141KB, 792x612px
>>6358651
And here's a model sheet that says MWS Inc on it

with the exact same fucking turtle character model

It's almost like PLAYMATES WAS INVOLVED WITH THE PRODUCTION OF THE SHOW THAT WAS ADVERTISING THEIR TOYS in some way!
>>
>>6358651
not sure how that's mind blowing, because it' looks just like the one you already posted >>6357311

And just like that one, it doesn't look like its from the cartoon.

Might as well tell me that 1+1 = 2.
>>
>>6358656
ok, that isn't mind blowing either, but it's different and it also doesn't look like the cartoon.

So like the previous image, it obviously wasn't used on the cartoon.
Did that camera man even show up?
If not
>Not the cartoon and it obviously wasn't used.
>>
File: 7494642918_cb42964db4_o.jpg (114KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
7494642918_cb42964db4_o.jpg
114KB, 640x480px
>>6357311
>playmates toys, inc
Why didn't they ever make turtles that actually looked like this? Even their recent Classics aren't even close. You'd think with the million variations made over the years they could have managed to put out ONE fucking set of toon accurate turtles.
>>
File: ToonLeo-Front.jpg (60KB, 464x612px) Image search: [Google]
ToonLeo-Front.jpg
60KB, 464x612px
>>6358663
but they did!
>>
File: toons.jpg (95KB, 900x423px) Image search: [Google]
toons.jpg
95KB, 900x423px
>>6358663
They did make a line of "Toon Turtles" back in the 90s, but they looked...bizarre, to say the least. Their faces and expressions were really off-model and off-putting, they were saddled with "zany" slapstick action features that made them seem as if they came out of a Looney Tunes bit, and they had a pearlized finish for some reason.
>>
File: TMNT-birthday-30[1].png (321KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
TMNT-birthday-30[1].png
321KB, 600x400px
>>6358660
Guess you'd just have to actually watch the show for more than just the 30 second intro you're so furiously masturbating over to find out!

Trigger warning: the show uses party supplies at points, usually in conjunction with a SUPRISE party!
>>
File: gi joe intro.png (498KB, 800x490px) Image search: [Google]
gi joe intro.png
498KB, 800x490px
>>6358669
I haven't watched the cartoon since the 90s, so of course i dont remember if that character ever showed up.

Still doesn't change the fact that that TMNT design didn't end up being used in the cartoon and probably not that cameraman either

Have another intro that everyone wishes was more like the cartoon. Good quality art.
>>
File: b44f6c08c82455a5a88ab3030b46a153.jpg (298KB, 1000x761px) Image search: [Google]
b44f6c08c82455a5a88ab3030b46a153.jpg
298KB, 1000x761px
Neca Cavewoman April O'Neil when?
>>
>>6351328
>dem foot
>dat shredder
>dem turtles
>dat krang

My wallet immediately started crying when I clicked on the image. Guess it's Ramen for the next 12 months.
>>
>>6358697
>tfw can easily afford it but SDCC and online exclusive mean will never actually have the chance to buy it.
>>
>>6358669
I remember that episode...poor Mikey.
As an adult I really appreciate how April O'Neil shows of her boobs as much as she can. Such a good girl.
>>
>>6358704
i expect to get buttraped having to buy them on ebay, hence the ramen.
>>
File: mike.png (1MB, 441x603px) Image search: [Google]
mike.png
1MB, 441x603px
>Be kind of a passive fan
>Kinda want four turtles and a Shredder though
>"oh cool, those NECA figures look nice"
>Scalper bait exclusives

So I don't know the TMNT figures lately, is there any quality roster like that I can get now for non-rape prices?
>>
>>6358805
Just wait six months to a year for the inevitable bootlegs. They're essentially identical to the real ones and will be much cheaper/easier to find.
>>
>>6358894

Why in the ever-loving fuck won't they just make them general releases? How is NECA able to get such brilliant sculptors and good licenses and EVERY TIME without exception, they drop the ball. If it's not availability, it's derpy paint. If it's not derpy paint, it's that the figure breaks while taking it out of the clamshell. If it's not that, it's some other bullshit. NECA always finds a way (to fail)
>>
>>6359292
I think it's a licensing issue like they only have the rights to make TMNT figures at a certain scale and anything that's in a similar scale to Playmates is always stuck as limited.

Really blame fucking Playmates.
>>
>>6359306
Maybe NECA is trying to test the waters a bit? To see if there's a market for detailed TMNT figures.
>>
>>6359414

Not really. They know there's a market for it. Why they did the Mirage TMNT figures, but Playmates slammed the door shut on them saying, "NO WE'RE DOING SOME TOO!" Then showed some half-ass ones at Toy Fair or SDCC forcing NECA to basically only ever release April and stop at that.

They've said they can't release the scale figures because of Playmates so that's why they do the convention exclusives.
>>
>>6359417
Motherfucking corporate cocksuckers!
>>
File: 1451421667448.png (42KB, 1122x995px) Image search: [Google]
1451421667448.png
42KB, 1122x995px
>>6358805
>Love the turtles but think Shredder is cool as shit
>Wonky 80's Shredder figures only
>Just want a decent 80's Shredder, a movie super Shredder, and a live action Shredder from the first film
>Have to fight convention scalpers to get a crack at >>6351328
>Only movie related stuff is>>6352837
>>
>>6321062
The pixelation just looks weird. Like they have some kind of techno-rash.
>>
File: 25th_Turtles__scaled_800.jpg (252KB, 800x459px) Image search: [Google]
25th_Turtles__scaled_800.jpg
252KB, 800x459px
>>6359417
>Then showed some half-ass ones at Toy Fair or SDCC forcing NECA to basically only ever release April and stop at that.
Worst of all, Playmates didn't even bother releasing those Turtles.
They don't even look bad. They look inferior to NECA's but I do like that they're based on later art from the Mirage comics rather than the first appearance. They look decent.
>>
>>6358685
holy shit that's rad as fuck
>>
File: e5ujeqyd.jpg (27KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
e5ujeqyd.jpg
27KB, 500x375px
>>6359544
The Shredder they showed off on the other hand looks like absolute ass and was clearly rushed.
Also looks to maybe have a removable helmet? Either way it's a good thing this thing never saw the light of day.
>>
File: P7159965.jpg (26KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
P7159965.jpg
26KB, 480x640px
>>6359551
He's ALREADY pinheaded, if that helmet is removable I fear for what's underneath. We may be in for another Souchaku Henshin situation.
>>
>>6358660
that guy is literally in the first episode you fucking moron
>>
>>6359516
Yo, Shredman!
>>
>>6357324
He thinks he's funny.

"LOL THE FIGUARTS LOOK LIKE THE TURTLES ON A BEACH TOWEL, AMIRITE GUYS?!....guys?...hello?"
>>
File: image.jpg (107KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
107KB, 480x640px
>>6359659
>>
>>6357324
>party supplies
literally subjectanon up to his old tricks, he's derailed past threads with that same shit. best to just ignore him.
>>
File: TMNT-beach-towel.jpg (1MB, 2383x1950px) Image search: [Google]
TMNT-beach-towel.jpg
1MB, 2383x1950px
>>6359801
>it's funny to point out the obvious
It depends.

If pointing out that a toyline is based on the licensing art that is used on beach towels, that goes against the beliefs of a certain group of people that kept claiming it's based on the cartoon, that is pretty humorous.

And thank you for reminding me that i owned this beach towel. One of my favorites, that makes me feel all warm inside to remember.
>>
>>6360252
The Figuarts are less cartoony then the ones in your example. The eyes are closer to eachother then those of the Figuarts.

Also the colors of their belts match the tv show, not the beachtowel art.

Those towel Turtles do look fun and cute though. The Figuarts look fun, cute and cool at the same time; really good design.
>>
File: 2942.jpg (61KB, 700x428px) Image search: [Google]
2942.jpg
61KB, 700x428px
>tfw haven't bought a ninja turtle since 2007
I"m perfectly content with pic related until Neca downscales their Henson Turtles.
>>
>>6360537
Michelangelo has seen some shit
>>
>>6360537
I love these guys. They're criminally underrated. I have the turtles, Shredder, Splinter, a Foot Soldier, and that deluxe sized Jersey Devil displayed together. They look really good. Even managed to snag a used motorcycle from one of the 2 packs to display with Raph.
>>
What is the name of the website on which you can order the SDCC 2017 set?
>>
>>6360724
The Neca store

But they don't go on sale until the 20th, and they are going to go fast
>>
>>6360537
>>6360633
I had these, but then sold them.
Apparently Playmates lost the molds for them and that's why the Leonardo figure was omitted from the History of Leonardo set.
>>
>>6360537
What scale are these?

Will they fit with the Figuarts and Revos?
>>
>>6360810
No idea how well they scale, but they're your standard 6 inch figures.

I could take a pic of them with my figuarts turtles when I get home.
>>
>>6360740
The 20th of this month? Is there a certain time on which they go online?
>>
>>6360825
yes, this month.

No specific time has been mentioned by NECA yet
>>
>>6360810
probably fit closer with the Figuarts

the Revo turtles are a bit smaller (though are better toys, imo) But I try not to compare the two too much, considering they are figures from different continuities
>>
>>6360826
Thanks!
>>
File: neca_tmnt_4.jpg (111KB, 800x412px) Image search: [Google]
neca_tmnt_4.jpg
111KB, 800x412px
>>6360810
They're kinda big.
>>
>>6360281
> really good design.
Sure, if you're into the cutesy stuff, but it's not the 80s cartoon Turtles.

>>6361286
What is that second from the left Leo? Seems to have quite a bit of articulation to it.
Was Playmates hit by the same mid-00s China-revolt that led to companies cutting their budgets way down too?
>>
>>6360826
I'd expect it to be early in the day. I think that's what happened with the Mirage sets.
>>
>>6359292

You're bitter and you're wrong. You should really rethink your life.
>>
File: oldswitch4[1].jpg (33KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
oldswitch4[1].jpg
33KB, 640x480px
>>6361351
>it's not that one moment in the intro where they were trying to pretend the show was shadowy and badass

You should really watch the show sometime. It's really FUN and SILLY.
>>
File: tmnt meets archie.jpg (57KB, 259x400px) Image search: [Google]
tmnt meets archie.jpg
57KB, 259x400px
>>6361553
why are you still trying to pretend those toys based on the cartoon?

They aren't.
The designs are different and sometimes aren't even the Archie design either.
>>
>>6361576
Hey subjectanon how's Jin? Have you finished any customs lately?
>>
Checked 5 Walmarts for Usagi. Three of them had received the wave and usagi was gone already. Man I want that dang figure unreasonably bad. I guess I'm not the only one because he's going for $40 on eGay, which is the most I've seen for any figure from this line ever
>>
>>6361639
It's a new wave and even dumber is he's one per case. Cross your fingers he'll be in the next wave and more places will restock.

I sorta wanted the samurai turtles, but Sam Don isn't even in the same wave. I think the wave after will have the turtles as monsters for Halloween.
>>
>>6361642
Yes he 100% should have been 2 per case at least. Instead we get that stupid shredder literally no one wanted
>>
File: jin chrischanotome.png (444KB, 485x535px) Image search: [Google]
jin chrischanotome.png
444KB, 485x535px
>>6361602
>>
>>6361639
What makes me really mad is that I don't even want the fucking figure that bad. I love the Usagi comics, but the figure looks kind of shit. And yet, they've got me scouring stores for it like it's made of gold, just because I'm so starved for Usagi merch. Fuck.
>>
File: C4-KuS-WQAE2NtD.jpg (31KB, 600x626px) Image search: [Google]
C4-KuS-WQAE2NtD.jpg
31KB, 600x626px
>>6361813
I managed to get the figure. The only part that kinda sucks is the leg. Be thankful Playmates fixed the head.
>>
>>6361843
The head is too small for Usagi, needs to be about 1.5x bigger. It's a shame he has swivel hips, I was hoping for swivel hinges. His ankles should be easy to fix in any case, looks like I can chop them and hide a revolver joint under his hakama pants.
>>
>>6361864
Please post pics of your mods. I really loved what someone did with their Nick Mondo Gecko.
>>
>>6361865
Wait, do you have a pic of that? I wanna see. I've been meaning to do something with my Mondo too cause he's pretty shit by default.

And sure, I'll post pics if I end up modding my Usagi. If I ever find him, I mean. In an ideal world I'd ever try to enlarge his head by recasting with Hydrospan or something, but that might be too much effort.
>>
>>6361864
His legs are just swivels? As in just back and forth, and that's it?
>>
>>6361907
I believe so. I don't own him yet, but I asked someone who did and they confirmed no ball hips, which says swivel to me.
>>
File: DSC_3373.jpg (469KB, 663x1000px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_3373.jpg
469KB, 663x1000px
>>6361865
not him but i did one
>>
File: DSC_3374.jpg (432KB, 663x1000px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_3374.jpg
432KB, 663x1000px
>>6361912
>>
File: DSC_3377.jpg (495KB, 663x1000px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_3377.jpg
495KB, 663x1000px
>>6361914
>>
>>6361912
>>6361914
>>6361915
Really nice, your work always impresses. I especially like how you painted in the black lines to give him a comic book-y look.
>>
File: P1030035.jpg (2MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
P1030035.jpg
2MB, 2560x1920px
>>6360537
>>6360633
>They're criminally underrated.

100% agreed. IMO these are the best TMNT figures Playmates ever released. The Classic Collection figures have more articulation, but they're much more flawed and aren't nearly was well-sculpted as these are.

These are the only Playmates figures that deserve a spot on a shelf alongside Neca, Figuarts and Revoltech.
>>
>>6361920
thanks man
>>
>>6361915
Looks fantastic. Dude severely needs a tech deck
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
>>6361928
They look alright. Nothing I'd get excited about. Wish they had more joints.

>>6361937
Unfortunately it would be too big...and Mondo really needs an old-school board shape, but sadly, the tech decks of those are even larger than usual.
>>
>>6361928
I loved those designs, too. My only issue with the figures was the paint coming off the weapon handles.
>>
>>6361941
>Wish they had more joints.

With the exception of the classic collection figures, the 2007 turtles are the most articulated TMNT figures Playmates ever put out, and that's including the 2012 turtles. Not sure if that's praise for the figures or an indictment of Playmates but there you go.

I do agree with you on the figures needing more joints. As good as they are, you could do so much more with them if they had some ankle articulation.
>>
>>6361928
I'd still make the case for the original 4 based on the new show. Great articulation, unique sculpt and height for each turtle and great detail. Man, those 4 got me so excited for the new line. Damn playmates.
>>
>>6361953

When they came out I thought Playmates was turning things around and gonna keep these larger, well articulated figures coming. Haha nope....
>>
>>6361928
TFW I sold the 2k7 movie turtles, but still own the van complete with box.
>>
>>6361953
>most articulated TMNT figures Playmates ever put out, and that's including the 2012 turtles.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but these figures don't appear to have a thigh swivel? Or ball necks? Or if they do, doesn't that put them exactly equal with the 2012 Turtles? I mean, I'm counting up the joints here, and I don't really see anything the 2012 gang doesn't have.
>>
>>6361928
It's really a shame the movie they are marketing was really dull.
>>
>>6362591
It wasn't all bad! I liked Raph's Nightwatcher outfit and the rooftop fight with Leo was cool.
>>
>>6362598
Oh yeah, it had it's moments, sure. I did like the Nightwatcher subplot.

As a whole though, it really wasn't a good movie
>>
>>6362607
I think it was an OK movie. Honestly, it was more suited to be like a TV special or something, not something you had to pay for and go to the theatre to watch. Also, there was a lot of hype surrounding the movie since it was basically a followup to Turtles 3. The fact that the villains were so generic hurt a lot, but the actual turtles' characterizations were spot on.

Had Shredder been in the movie, it would have been A LOT better.
>>
File: what could have been.jpg (64KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
what could have been.jpg
64KB, 600x338px
>>6362103
The original four based on the new show are really good but looking at original promo images they could've been so much more.
I can't believe Playmates has been cutting shit out seen in the promo pics since day one.
>>
>>6362685
>I can't believe Playmates has been cutting shit out seen in the promo pics since day one.
How can you not believe it? Playmates has been pulling that shit since the 80's Turtles toyline.
>>
>>6362697
Okay yeah, I'll give you that they have been but still.
I guess it's just surprising because even with all the cut paint and articulation the 2012 Turtles still turned out pretty good which is more than what can be said about the rest of the line.
>>
>>6339899
Do they also ship outside of the US?
>>
>>6362685
Well...things are never as good as promo pics though. And as far as things go, I think we got off pretty lucky. Basically the only difference I see here is painted weapons and a black wash over the Turtles, both of which are pretty darn easy to do yourself, even if you have shaky hands (just mask off the weapons before painting). It could have been way worse, they could have cut articulation points or dumbed down the sculpt.
>>
>>6362744
>they could have cut articulation points
But anon, there are clearly double jointed knees there.
Also maybe bicep swivels. That I'm not so sure about.
>>
>>6362754
Oh shit, I missed that. It is a shame, but surprisingly, I'm not too mad. With the thickness of their legs and the length of that kneepad, the legs might have looked pretty bad when fully bent.

And no, there was no bicep swivel. I looked up a higher res image and there are none.
>>
To send out a big fuck you to whoever went around and bought up every single Usagi the entire San Gabriel Valley
>>
>>6362828
Holy shit I feel you bro, same area. You KNOW it's all those scalpers, I bet you if you drive up to Frank & Son tomorrow you'll find a bunch of Usagis.
>>
>>6362579
>I'm counting up the joints here, and I don't really see anything the 2012 gang doesn't have.

The articulation is nearly identical, but the 2007 figures have a bicep swivel while the 2012 figures do not.

Also the 2012 figures have much chunkier limbs and because of that they don't have as much range in their elbow and knee joints as the 2007 figures do.
>>
>>6361726
that's a shitty shoop subjectanon, I wanna see your customs.
>>
>>6362685
didn't the SDCC exclusive preview actually looked like the promo pics?
>>
>>6363195
the weapons were fully painted but otherwise no
>>
>>6362828
1 per case of 24

so

prolly just some regular collectors looking for that boy
>>
>>6362729
I think the SDCC exclusive stuff only ships within the US, but I'm not sure about that.
>>
>>6362856
Fair point about the range, but they don't need bicep swivels--they have elbow swivels, which pretty much accomplishes the same thing.

Actually...the TMNT 2K7 figures appear to have bicep AND elbow swivels from what I can see. If so, that's completely redundant and makes the bicep a "free spinning" piece for no reason.
>>
>>6363302
Theres not 24 figure in a case, its 8. 4x Samurai turtles, brutal shredder, splinter, baby turtles and usagi.

This wave has appeared at over 10 stores in my area and Usagi is the only figure that has been sold at any of them. These figures don't move that fast. This is the work of a scalper
>>
File: 20170611_180544.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170611_180544.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
Swooped some of these today. No usagi. Gonna keep looking.
>>
File: 20170611_180604.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170611_180604.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
>>
File: 20170611_180615.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170611_180615.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
any other villains I should look for?
Thread posts: 330
Thread images: 94

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.