[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Storm Collectibles General #1

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 9

File: IMG_9964.jpg (147KB, 1004x1500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9964.jpg
147KB, 1004x1500px
Dis nigga even out? Thoughts?
Thinking of picking him up.

SC general too, I guess.
>>
>>6319173
Out? It's been out since January. It's awesome.
>>
>>6319192
Any gripes?
Most places I've looked out said he wouldn't be in until next month. Guess that's just for restock.
>>
>>6319215
His skin tone is way too dark in person. He looks like a black dude instead of an asian.
>>
>>6319297
you think residing in the pits of hell wouldn't give you a tan? Also dark asians exist breh
>>
>>6319298
There is no UV light in hell bro.
>>
>>6319298
the design(s) he is based on did not have a tan/dark skin colour
>>
Really want to grab most of these. I love how they look and they seem to be pretty good. I just hope it's not like Mezco was and they release 6 characters most of which are not original characters and then quit. Tired of having a million scorpion/sub zeros. At least they have Reptile coming out.
>>
>>6319688
>Tired of having a million scorpion/sub zeros. At least they have Reptile coming out.
Didn't they also show protos for Shao Kahn and Goro at some point?
>>
>>6319215
None. I'm not a fanatic about costume accuracy, so there might be some problems there for all I know.

>>6319297
This is bullshit. He's tanned, not black. His skin color is close to pic related, but a little darker.
>>
>>6319797
>>
>>6319700
Yes, but they still haven't solicited them yet. Goro was shown first along with Sub-Zero and Scorpion, and Shao Kahn has been teased at for around a year now.

They seem more invested in the Street Fighter line
>>
>>6319173

How big are these, and do they contain any rubber like their SF figures are going to? I don't want a figure thats going to literally crumble through no fault of my own.
>>
>>6319810
Yeah they use rubber all over it
>>
>>6319810
>rubber autist returns
Oh god, it's going to turn into one of those threads again.
>>
>>6319833

Dunno who that is, but it ain't me.
>>
I'm not too up on this line, anyone have Dictator in-hand yet?
>>
>>6319833
I honestly hope the figures DO crumble and crack ASAP just to teach you fuckers a lesson. You could spend less time whining about "autists" and more time e-mailing the company to tell them to quit using the material but nah. You just want to pretend like this material doesn't have a long LONG history of being absolute shit-tier for toys.

Are you going to make the dumb comparison to how rubber shoe soles are better than plastic shoe soles again too? Unlike you I want to see the line succeed instead of crashing and burning so I got off my ass and e-mailed them but if I am one of half a dozen people expressing concern nothing is going to get done.
>>
>>6319843
I got him and he's fantastic. It was the first figure from this line i've gotten since the only ninja i'd get would be either Rain or Tremor (the fact that they've moved on to do Reptile too fills me with a bit of hope that it's possible).

But yeah, he's really good, the faces came out just fine and the effects fit in his hands really snugly. The ratchet stand is good too, it holds him up floating really well. The coat is also really soft too.
>>
>>6319867
Super fly, thanks for letting me know what you think of him.
>>
File: alan_1783501c.jpg (27KB, 460x287px) Image search: [Google]
alan_1783501c.jpg
27KB, 460x287px
>>6319859
Yikes.
>>
>>6319859
Fuck off.
>>
>>6319903
>>6319974
You can get mad all you want. Would you rather I say "I hope the figures last 5 years before cracking" instead? Then you will have 5 years worth of a line that is destined to fuck up on you. The quicker the problem presents itself the quicker the outrage and the quicker they will move away from using the material. Then only the first few waves will have an issue instead of 30-40+ releases.

You keep acting like i'm an asshole for saying I want this line to succeed AND be made with materials that are more durable so we can enjoy these toys for decades. I honestly don't see the issue.
>>
>>6320380
You're a dick and I am SICK of your anti-rubber agenda. You have NO PROOF. I don't know how much skin you have in this game but it is EXTREMELY alarming that you put so much EFFORT into trying to scare people with FAKE NEWS.
>>
>>6320385
He's right unless you live in a humid environment or have a humidifier rubber will crack..
>>
>>6320403
You are SAMEFAGGING and are providing no PROOF. I can type out that water is a solid but without PROOF why would you believe me?
>>
File: Screenshot_20170509-083241.png (213KB, 1440x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170509-083241.png
213KB, 1440x1500px
>>6320409
Yeah i'm on my phone but here is proof i'm not samefagging.
>>
>>6320385
>NO PROOF
Have you never owned a toy with a rubber body or rubber parts? Have you not seen all the issues with various Hot Toys, ThreeA and even Storm Collectibles cracking? Sometimes in just a year or two. The fact the Mike Tyson by Storm Collectibles had cracking issues shows their formula is no different.

>>6320409
That was someone different dumbass. Also, water can be a solid, gas or liquid. Learn2science.
>>
>>6320423
The point went OVER your head. You are not worth my time. Take your LIES somewhere else.
>>
File: 6u2azene.jpg (214KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
6u2azene.jpg
214KB, 768x1024px
>>6320426
You clearly lost his argument.
>>
>>6320439
We're talking about the rubber that STORM COLLECTIBLES uses. Is that a STORM COLLECTIBLES release?
>>
>>6320446
I told you Storm Collectibles Mike Tyson had tearing/cracking issues. You conveniently ignored that point when I said it here >>6320423
>>
>>6320380
>>6320455
Not the guy you're replying to, but the issue is that, cracking or not, you keep coming into any storm collectibles discussion with the same HURRR THEY'RE USING RUBBER YOU GUYS ARE ACTUALLY SPENDING MONEY ON FIGURES THAT WILL LITERALLY CRUMBLE when we literally have NO IDEA whether or not they will.
The 1:12 scale Storm figures came out pretty recently, and from what I've seen there haven't been people complaining about rubber cracking on the 1:12 scale Storm figures as of yet, so ultimately the answer is that the rubber may crack in the future, we don't know yet.
If you're really worried about the rubber cracking just don't buy the figure, it's that simple. Or you can email them asking about potential cracking or what kind of rubber they use. The fact of the matter is that most people who are collecting these either don't think about the cracking possibility or just don't care because they don't think it'll crack.
I personally don't think for example that the neck for their Ryu figure (supposedly made with rubber, not sure because I don't have the figure in hand) will crack because the amount used is MUCH less than say on Storm's much bigger 1:6 scale figures that have rubber ALL OVER. Besides I've only seen rubber cracking on 1:6 scale figures like Hot Toys where they use rubber as the main material for their figure body.
>>
So this thread became anti-rubber autist pretending to be pro-rubber(?) autist in Greg mode and having an argument with himself.

I'm just going to hide this thread and hope the mods clean this up... I'm praying that this isn't what all future SC threads devolve into, thanks to one bored little boy.
>>
Any news on Alex?
>>
Is it even rubber? Or just a softer plastic like on NECA figures? You guys are throwing a autistic fit probably for nothing.
>>
>>6320624
>boy

Greg's more of a man than you'll ever be
>>
>>6320600
yea arent the only "rubber" pieces on Ryu the neck and the hands?
>>
>>6320636
The neck piece is indeed rubber. Other parts of the figure are just soft PVC.

>>6320600
Of course no one is having issues yet bozo. Even in the worst cases it's going to take 12-15 months to develop any problems. You won't see problems start to occur until sometime near the end of 2017 and early 2018. Also your argument is retarded, there isn't some magical meter that determines the more rubber you use the more fragile it becomes. The fact an entire body uses rubber doesn't suddenly make it more fragile.

With that said...if you aren't using the neck joint (in the case of Ryu the hole is too small and rubber snaps it back anyway) then you won't see as many issues as if rubber was on the elbows, knees or other areas that bend heavily. So even if it dries out if you're careful you SHOULD be able to avoid ruining it.
>>
>>6320723
There are several reports of people who have either just stuck their rubber having figures up on a detolf in a standard standing position or even left them in the box experiencing rubber degradation!
>>
>>6320732
Oh no doubt about it. If it's a shitty formula and especially it's put in the wrong conditions it WILL dry out no matter what. Rubber ideally needs to be moisturized regularly if you're dead serious about it lasting more than a decade. Dry climates, dry houses, too close to heating/cooling vents, etc are all things that can wreak havoc.

With that said...rubber gets much more stressed over elbow/knee/etc joints. Then the armature underneath will tear right through it. If you actually look at how the neck joints are designed on Storm Collectibles SF/MK stuff you will see the stresses on the rubber are super minimal. So like I said...it might still degrade AND crack if you put stress on it but if you don't touch the joint you'll be ok.

Would still be better if they just ditched this nonsense entirely and put in a proper plastic neck joint like every other action figure on the planet.
>>
>>6320710
>Newfag detected
>>
>>6320626
No news on Alex yet. Not sure why but he wasn't included on the Storm lineup poster at NY toy fair (in February)...I wonder if they're planning to release him after they make Chun-li.

>>6320735
>So like I said...it might still degrade AND crack if you put stress on it but if you don't touch the joint you'll be ok.
Okay there, case closed. Did you get your answer rubber autist anon?
>>
>>6321407
You knoe which electric Brazilian grappler needs a Storm Collectible?
>>
>>6321503
Cammy
>>
>>6321503
blanca
>>
>>6319173
i see amazon wants fucking 90$ for him or sub zero or 120$ for both
>>
When are they shipping from BBTS?
>>
>>6327890
Most retailers have him at 49.99.
>>
>>6319833

Oh look, it's this faggot again. Get it through your thick head, rubber rots over time. Now shut the fuck up.
>>
>>6319802
that Shao Kahn feels kinda shorter than he should be.
>>
>>6319813
I don't own one but am very tempted for Reptile. Is it actually rubber or a type of soft plastic?
>>
>>6332694
I've waited so long for a good classic reptile figure, I don't even care.

The only thing that could change my mind is if this Mezco one:12 Mortal Kombat line shows any hints before the Storm Collectibles release. If not, I'll just get Storm now and Mezco later

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=169&itemid=25892
>>
>>6332694
Apparently only the neck piece is actual rubber, the rest is soft PVC.
>>
>>6333916
This.

It's just like their ryu figure.
>>
>>6319833
Oh look a rubber-autist autist.
>>
File: Image.jpg (104KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
104KB, 1280x720px
>>6331571
He is a bit dwarvish, isn't he?
>>
>>6320385
>anti-rubber agenda

lol
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.