[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Just want a normal ass figure of He-Man himself >Everything,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

File: he-man.jpg (149KB, 1024x825px) Image search: [Google]
he-man.jpg
149KB, 1024x825px
>Just want a normal ass figure of He-Man himself
>Everything, including Re-issues, are overpriced as fuck
>It's easily a $20-30 figure

So what the actual fuck?
It's like if Batman or Superman in DCUC were over $100.

There any way I could just find the figure for cheap without scalpers trying to blister my asshole?
>>
The MOTU brand isn't in nearly as high demand these days as it was when it came out so you aren't going to be able to get something under $20 because they aren't being mass produced on the same scale they used to be. Those old figures have become rare enough to keep/increase their value, and in order for new lines to be produced they have to cost that much since they have to produce an entire line of figures with a comparitively small amount of people actually buying them. Besides in case you haven't noticed, the figure in your pic is of much higher quality in every regard than the original figures(pic related) featuring more articulation, more accurate sculpting and accessories. $20-$30 really isn't a lot when it comes to figure collecting in general honestly, especially if you only want one or two of them. They should keep their value too, in case you ever want/need to sell them considering how limited production they are.
>>
>>6318493
What exactly do you want people to tell you? Are you new to toy collecting? If not, you should know how this works.

The figure has been on sale for retail prices multiple times over the years. It's no longer available, you didn't buy it when it was, now you have to pay after market prices.
>>
>slightly alter a highly dated collector figure from near a decade ago
>Sell it for more
I was close to buying some of these a few years ago, but now the dated DCUC looking sculpts really make it hard to pull the trigger.
>>
>>6318531
what's "DCUC" supposed to mean?
>>
>>6318533
DC Universe Classics, a line that was running around the same time as the MOTUC line. Shared a lot of engineering and sculptors, even had some two packs together.
>>
Look on big bad, I found a skeletor deluxe for market price.
>>
>>6318521
I'm still surprised. They reissued He-Man and Skeletor so many fucking times, I'm surprised their limited runs still resulted in rarity.

>>6318547
or maybe you're all just wrong and the stuff is worthless.
oh wait, you said "for market price". not good if the market price is high.
Wow, prices are high. I don't even remember what I own. I thought I got a new version of Skeletor but I don't remember getting that new packaging that the Filmation one has. I wonder if there were 2 updated versions. maybe I only got reissues and not repaints/remolds. WHELP, RIP!
>>
>>6318631
Because collectors are idiots. They poorfag and poorfag and poorfag for months or years. Then, one day, surprise, they can afford double or triple retail. And not just once, like they learned their lesson, no, it's over and over and over. I used to get really upset about scalping but now so much activity that's not scalping gets lumped together that the word had no meaning anymore.
>>
>>6318493
I'm a bit confused. Are you saying the figure is only WORTH $20-$30 and they are charging exponentially more for it?

Or are you saying a $20-$30 figure is too expensive? Because if so, this hobby isn't for you. Seriously, nothing is cheap anymore. Even the smallest piece of shit "Legends" Transformers cost like $10, while the Deluxes retail for almost $20.

Most action figures, even crappy ones that are not made with collectors in mind (i.e. made for kids) are over the $10 price range.
>>
>>6318725
I think OP meant the first thing. You're digging a little too deep into the question.
>>
>>6318773
That God-damned He-Man was available for $20-$25 for half a decade. The Ultimate version with extra parts was $35 on preorder. It's nobody's fault bit yours if you're squirming at $50+ now.
>>
>>6318811
This. OP is another in a long line of latecomers that boohoo about any and every damned line in existence.
>>
If you want it you'll get it. It's an awesome figure. Who cares about a few bucks extra. You'll be happy with the figure. That's all that matters
>>
I just wish they would do another run of the Filmation He-Man and Skeletor.
>>
>>6318690
but MotU fans are suckers. Mattel goes passive-aggressive suggesting the line could go under and the fans throw money at them, pleding they'll buy multiples of whole waves.

>It's nobody's fault bit yours if you're squirming at $50+ now.
It's hard to stay informed when I don't have a cell phone and I'm mostly done with the line. I didn't know they were putting out superior Filmation versions.
Also I'm used to most of my toys devaluing. Gambling on the market is really difficult. I've been collecting for probably 2 decades and I still make retarded choices that I don't seem to be able to see before it happens.
>>
>>6320523
Seems like you're the sucker, since others actually have the figure and you're here bitching about how the world conspired to make sure you don't.
>>
>>6318493
Whereabouts are you located? I have 25 filmation hemans, I can give you a good deal ;)
>>
>20
>want to get into MOTUC like OP
>It came out in 6th grade for me and I only got into toy collecting at 19

Anons, I missed the boat completely.
>>
>>6322931
Isn't super7 revisiting the whole line?
>>
>>6323247
Doubtful. Their podcast claimed a surprising number of molds were lost or broken. I really don't see them going back to fix many, or make many new ones, with a $40 price tag looming over the figures.
>>
>>6322931
Better start saving.

>>6323247
No. The Ultimate releases will only go so far with just 4 slots per release.

And like >>6323316 said, they're probably still feeling a bit of unforeseen financial burn after having to foot the bill to clean up/redo existing tooling. So that's a huge thorn in their side that they would want to avoid having to deal with again. They came into it thinking it would just be a materials + labor + packaging + shipping equation, but now it's also tooling that is splitting up their bottom line. Those molds are not cheap, and the man hours to either create or repair them really eats away at the potential profits.

I wouldn't be surprised if the next wave of Ultimates is an "all or nothing" ordering set-up like the rest of their MOTU stuff, rather than the previous way of picking just what you want.

Say in a hypothetical situation that they make an Ultimate Anti-Eternia He-Man and an Ultimate Draego-Man. AE sells thousands of pre-order units more than Draego-Man and has all its tooling squared away thanks to the previous Ultimate He-Man/Faker release; Draego-Man on the other hand sells maybe 60% as much pre-order volume as AE, but almost all of its tooling requires reworking in some fashion, and possibly some of the old weapons pack accessory molds are gone. They could be bleeding money on Draego-Man based on those factors, and the only way around that would be for them to force higher sales volumes by lumping it together with AE's sales figures.
>>
>>6318493
I have almost all the classics versions of both skeleton and he-man. I did not ever pay close to what Mattel was asking. Just be patient, lurk the fan forums for sale news and set up eBay alerts. The most I ever paid was $27 shipped for Galactic Protector He-Man.
>>
>>6323490

Speaking of the Ultimates, I've had this guy pre-ordered for a while now.
Any word on when these guys will be out?
>>
>>6327227
>You've been Shocker Toys'd
Just kidding. They ran into issues with a few of the old parts, had to completely re-tool them.
>>
>>6318493
>I want 200x He-man
>nobody cares about 200x he-man
>>
>>6327883
I wanted 200x Sorceress. They delved so deep into obscure one-episode characters, but never made her.
>>
>>6327883
>Be youngfag
>watched 200X MOTU growing up
>200X is hated by oldfag MOTU fans
>No new MOTU cartoons since then, just niche comics based on the old cartoon
>Fandom gets almost no new blood
>Continue to collect Transformers, Power rangers, Godzilla, etc, and other lines that aren't afraid to homage series beyond the first and try to evolve with the times.
>>
>>6327886
I want a 200X Teela.

Oldfag here. I liked 200X alot. The cartoon is incredible. But God damn did they bungle the toyline. It was just way too hard to get any of the characters until years later when MOTUC started and people were dumping 200X for pocket change. Up until then, if you missed that initial wave 1 stocking at TU, you didn't get anybody but weird variants of HeMan and Skeletor.

Skeleton - original run ~2002
HeMan - original run ~2004
Man-at-Arms - fucking Mexico ~2005
Adam - Baltimore Comic-Con ~2009
Evil Lyn - friend of a friend clearing out her toys ~2010
Teela - flea market ~2012 (seriously)

They also made 12" figures that I didn't know even existed until last year. Distribution was such a horror show. Hasbro is bad but they are amateurs at fucking this stuff up next to Mattel.
>>
>>6327889
Most older Motu fans I know have admitted to liking aspects of the 200X show. I grew up watching it myself, and would kill to see an action-driven He-Man show again.

If you guys want a good 200X MOTUC He-Man, there's the King Hiss/Snake Armor He-Man 2-pack (or the head of said figure) readily available on eBay.
Just take a harness/breastplate from the original 200X figure and pop the head on a normal He-Man and there you go.
>>
>>6327855
I'm sweating though
The wait for the Ultimate Classics has me sweating.
I hear the shipping date is the end of June, but that's only the end of Q2.
Guys I'm spooked.
>>
>>6327994
I remember getting Smash blade He-man and rainbow something Skeletor at KB toys clearance for cheap and i was happy...at least until i noticed their articulation was terrible.
>>
>>6329539
The original pitch was for them to be articulated like Classics but Mattel insisted they drop articulation in favor of gimmicks, which were barely even present anyway.
>>
File: 200x_man-at-arms_front21_full.jpg (927KB, 789x1200px) Image search: [Google]
200x_man-at-arms_front21_full.jpg
927KB, 789x1200px
>>6329573
You can see on the sculpts where they intended to have more articulation.
>>
>>6329590
It could have been an amazing line if they were properly articulated.
>>
>>6327886

IIRC there's a 'staction' figure - static figures that cover the grounds Mattel missed. I have Hordak somewhere...

MOTUC also made her.
>>
>>6327886
MOTUC made her under the name Queen Grayskull. You can find her anywhere from $40-$60
>>
>>6330053
That's not the Sorceress. It's a different character from a flashback episode.
>>
>>6330225
Oops, lol.

By the way, has anyone received their Pre-Orders yet?
>>
>>6333235
They are shipping at the start of July.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.