[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EBay scam?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

File: 20170506_160944.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170506_160944.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
Inexperienced eBay seller seeking advice- sorry for the shameless thread
Was helping my girlfriend clean out her basement and found pic related, she was going to toss it but I figured it might be worth something. Put it up for auction starting at $60 with a buy it now of $90. Woke up this morning to pic below, looking for some advice on what to do here. Thanks :D
>>
File: Screenshot_20170507-145534.png (371KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170507-145534.png
371KB, 1080x1920px
>>
>>6317581
>The old I've been hacked take a check that will bounce so hard scam.
>>
>>6317582
Obviously a scam OP. Even if not, better to be safe than sorry. Ignore them or tell them to pay the normal way. Why would they offer a much larger amount for all that trouble? It is to bait people into greed and fall for their trap. If youblisted it for $400 they would probably offer $600.
>>
>>6317581
"Due to the nature of my work"

full time cocksucker
>>
That's all I needed to hear, just wanted to be 100% sure. Thanks!
>>
seems fishy but honestly i've had dumbasses like this before. If you absolutely want to be greedy you can take the check and wait for it to completely clear before sending the item, but you have to make that clear to the buyer

also just because they use paypal to give you the money doesnt make it any less susceptible to being cancelled
>>
Back before Paypal we mailed each other money orders.
>>
The buyer deliberately has an account at a small bank that will take a whole month to bounce that check.

Two weeks will pass, the seller's bank will say it's 100% cleared, then in another two weeks the People's Bank of Cletus County will bounce it like a tennis ball.
>>
File: monkey.jpg (23KB, 300x158px) Image search: [Google]
monkey.jpg
23KB, 300x158px
>>6317903
We also ordered monkeys from comic book ads.
>>
>>6317719

It's 110% a scam. It's a copypasta scam at that. Don't even try to tell people to engage in anyway otherwise you are just being a massive ashole who is leading people down a dangerous, headache filled path.
>>
>>6317581
when he sent that was the buy it now no longer an option?
regardless nothing should have stop him from just bidding that and then sending you an email after he won going "hey I have a weird work situation let's work this out"
>>
>>6317582
The language of this message should have tipped you off instantly. It's really poorly written and sounds generic, like a form email. It should also set off immediate warning signs that they named the full auction instead of just colloquially saying "the tin," it's a sign that a machine likely just filled in the name of your auction. And like wtf kind of business associate immediately needs a Mighty Beanz tin? Makes no fucking sense.
>>
File: goldmansachsproperty.jpg (126KB, 736x552px) Image search: [Google]
goldmansachsproperty.jpg
126KB, 736x552px
>>6323009
I work in wall street and this happens all the time. Every major investing firm has a Mighty Beanz collection and they don't have access to paypal for whatever reason. OP fucked up.
>>
>>6322785
MFW, My dad actually bought one of those.
Goddamn thing was wild. Tore up shit, crapped everywhere it could get it's ass. We had to keep it in the cage.
Lil' bastard lived for years before kicking off.
>>
So are Mighty Beanz actually worth something? I have my old collector case with 80-100ish of those things, with a few Simpsons ones. Might as well sell them since I don't care for them anymore.
>>
>>6323741
They are not.
>>
>>6323123
This. loling over here at OP not knowing that Mighty Beans are the back up currency of all the big banks/ wall street/ etc.
>>
>>6323127
Did he get it from an old comic ad?
>>
File: GDP.png (1B, 486x500px)
GDP.png
1B, 486x500px
>>6323829
Exactly my point. People with real financial knowledge invest in gold, silver, real estate and most importantly Mighty Beanz. It's current value is through the roof beating gold.
>>
File: lol.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
lol.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>deception bay

I'm getting scammed, arent I?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.