[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Star Wars General 40th Anniversary Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 360
Thread images: 69

File: sw40thdisplay.jpg (687KB, 1537x862px) Image search: [Google]
sw40thdisplay.jpg
687KB, 1537x862px
Happy belated May 4th.

Aphra won the TVC Fan Poll.
http://www.starwars.com/news/doctor-aphra-wins-hasbros-star-wars-fan-figure-vote

That will make her the second confirmed TVC figure when the line returns in Spring, the first being a TBS repack Rey.
6" news:
TBS Snoke on a throne exclusive is coming in Spring.
TBS Royal Guard mold / Blue Senate Guard / Shadow Guard multipack is coming.

Wave Two of the 40th Anniversary is being found in some stores in the US. This includes C3-PO, Tusken Raider, Jawa, Chewbacca, Stormtrooper and Death Star Commander.

Last Thread:
>>6316589
>>
>>6316600
>Wave 2 is being found
>We still haven't even seen Wave 1 yet here
Sigh
>>
>>6316600
>TBS Royal Guard mold / Blue Senate Guard / Shadow Guard multipack is coming
Get out, really? That Shadow Guard sounds awesome. Dang I regret getting into the Black Series, too many Empire figures I want.
>>
>>6316600
Picked up Vader and Ben today- TRU still has the May 4th deal running too. Anyone still looking for that first wave, it might be worth checking TRU.

Found a couple at Best Buy too; which I certainly don't check for figures ever, but might be worth a shot.
>>
Who /got the Vader pack for 20 bucks/ here? May 4th really worked out for me.
>>
>>6316788
25 for me, which I'm cool with. Don't much care for the cardboard background, but Vader is a great figure.
>>
>>6316788
Where? I just bought one the other day at Target.. dammit.
>>
File: 1494001273823.gif (2MB, 380x300px) Image search: [Google]
1494001273823.gif
2MB, 380x300px
>tfw a Walgreens 30 minutes away has an original TIE pilot still
>tfw work prevents me from getting it for another week
>>
Are the Royal Guard and Tusken Raider out yet?
>>
>>6316861
If it's been there this long, it still will be when you go get it. Trust in the will of the Force anon. My Walgreen's still only has Revenge of the Sith Obi-Wan's.
>>
>>6316793
I haven't cracked mine open yet but I haven't had a good, let alone any Vader for a while, so I'm excited.
>>6316808
Picked it up at TRU, was a little surprised they had so many of him as my friend had bought the only one at another TRU the day before.
>>
Have a few old figures from I think maybe 8-10 years ago. My parents put them in the attack so their packing is somewhat warped sadly. Could I still get something for them?

My hobby is comics so I'm not that informed on the star wars figures. I only own one vintage Kenner figure as a collectible.
>>
>>6316962
Depends on the figures and from what lines. Theres a ton of figures that are worthless.
>>
>>6316966
They seem to be from different lines.
The Saga legends
The Legacy Collection (Different design packing from 08 to 09
The Clone Wars (animated)
>>
File: IMAG1325.jpg (2MB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG1325.jpg
2MB, 2688x1520px
>>6316966
>>
File: IMAG1326.jpg (2MB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG1326.jpg
2MB, 2688x1520px
>>6316983
>>
>>6316983
You might have some money there depending on the characters.
>>
Are Black Series figures still using soft rubbery plastic for the knee and elbow joints?
>>
>>6316988
List em individually on BST and see what happens
>>
>>6316990
Thank you I had a friend who collects these tell me some where valuable, but that was last year, and not sure if the market changed.

>>6316994
Would you saw Ebay sold listings is a reasonable price point?
>>
>>6316997
The Force Unleashed figure and troopers that I saw could fetch a bit. You might want to look each figure up on ebay to get a sense of the market and the range they typically go for.
>>
File: 20170507_030830.jpg (483KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
20170507_030830.jpg
483KB, 1280x960px
Scored Ahsoka for $20 the other day.
>>
File: IMG_3644.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3644.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Leia was at best buy & Kamala was at target.
>>
>>6317011
Is Kamala supposed to be rare? I don't collect Marvel or anything non-Star Wars in general, but my TRU has like 20+ of her.
>>
>>6317016
Well, her wave was meant to be out last year, but I'm only now finding it this year, so I guess rare in some locations due to crummy distribution?
>>
>>6316983
What's the Boondocks item?
>>
>>6317029
DVDs
>>
File: Vader You.jpg (235KB, 988x858px) Image search: [Google]
Vader You.jpg
235KB, 988x858px
>>6316933
How is Aphra winning legitimately unfathomable to so many people? I get that y'all are still venting about your boy Ben Skywalker but I feel like there are pretty solid reasons behind Aphra's win.

Out of the characters listed she's the only one without an action figure whatsoever, and her having an eponymous comic that sells decently (42k as of issue 5) empirically demonstrates that there's a sizable fan population that's already spent money on the character.

If you look at the other options available it's not like she was exactly against what I'd call fierce competition. Against her were two background characters from ROTJ, another clone, and two characters who are pretty well represented in plastic.
>>
>>6317016
Almost any Hasbro figure can be rare, depending on what part of the country you're in
>>
>>6316975
>>6316975
What a lot of people don't realize is that figures nowadays are produced at far large quantities than back in the 80s. You can always check the prices of each individual figure, but a lot of them are practically worthless. Off the top of my head, the The Legacy collection EU wave is worth a lot, some cantina patron and jabba palace/skiff guards can fetch more than $10. From clone wars, only a few stand out like anything ARC Trooper related, Commander Bly, that Ahsoka CW45 I believe. Saga Legends is pure shit though, I was full of reissues of 'best sellers' which were more often than not, Obi-wans and Anakins clogging the shelves. Seasee Tinn is the only one what is worth anything from Saga collection, but that's because he never got a proper update.
>>
Is pilot Luke an online exclusive?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (47KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
47KB, 1280x720px
>>6310226
I don't have a photo of it and don't want to disassemble him, but it's basically pic related taped to his dome. You have to swap the LED's out to change the color.
>>
so yeah about toys...
>>
>>6317038
Pretty much this. Distribution is shit in PA capital region.
>>
>>6316600
Any reviews for the Tusken yet?

>>6317050
Worse. Convention exclusive.
>>
>>6317039
>nowadays are produced at far large quantities than back in the 80s
I don't believe that for a second. They wouldn't be so much fucking harder to find at increasingly high price points if that were the case. It's more like so many characters are repeated so no particular instance of them is worth anything because another will come along soon. Like G1 had 3 Primes across 7 years. These days, 3 _each_ year is very low.
>>
>>6316861
Plo Koon's my fav Jedi design but no chances of ever getting a good figure of him...
>>
File: SH-Figuarts-Qui-Gon-Jinn-005.jpg (337KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
SH-Figuarts-Qui-Gon-Jinn-005.jpg
337KB, 1200x1200px
What the fuck is this thing?
>>
>>6317433
DUDE MIDICHLORIANS LMAO
>>
>>6317530
That's the fucking problem, it was a wasted slot. She's a shit character, fine, but /co/mblr and other SJW filth voted for her to push an agenda just like Kathleen Kennedy wants. And none of them collect so now we have to be stuck with a god awful character that is going to pegwarm badly instead of the vote going to something we would actually want like Fives or a decent new Palpatine. Telling us not to buy it is redundant because most of us won't but because of that she'll clog up the shelves and prevent shipments of ones we do want.
>>
>>6317456
>immediately mastered a lightsaber
>gets his spine removed 15 seconds into his first fight.
>>
>>6317619
He fought at Geonosis, that was his first fight.
>>
I'm quite indifferent to Doctor Aphra having read the comic book series. I don't hate her, but I couldn't really tell you anything interesting about her either. I think most people complaining she won are being fucking crybabies though. Like several people reading the comics seemed to really like her, she has her own series that's doing well considering its Marvel. She clearly has some sort of a following and she had Kieron gunning for her so all his fans whether they read his Vader series or not voted just to throw him a bone. I just don't give a shit, I just won't fucking buy it. I don't think they'll overpack her per case. I know you guys want to bitch at Kathleen Kennedy but I don't think she chooses the damn case assortments for Hasbro.
>>
>>6317622
I think that anon was referring to Finn
>>
>>6317657
She's pretty bland. Honestly not a fan of her or the whole evil R2, evil 3PO, evil Chewie shit Gillen was doing in the Vader book, but whatever. We've had figures of shittier characters, it's not a big deal.
>>
>>6317669
>We've had figures of shittier characters

This. You people are acting like the biggest children.
>>
>>6317672
Back in the glory days.

Not now anon, we barely get figures anymore.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (143KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
143KB, 1280x720px
>>6317674
>Not now anon

Is this a joke?
>>
>>6317682
I mean we don't get shitty characters now.
>>
>>6317683
Of course not. We only get AMAZING and COMPLEX characters now. Right guys?
>>
>>6317692
I was talking about character choices in the SA line.
We've only had main characters and not got any 3rd class tier characters.

Whatever you think about Kylo Ren and Rey- they are main characters.
>>
>>6317657
She and her lame HK-47 ripoff droids pretty much singlehandedly ruined the Vader comic (along with retarded writing in general where not one single line of Vader's dialogue sounds like the character)
>>
How long do you think it will take Disney to ruin Star Wars completely? I give it 5 years.
>>
>>6317760
If it wasn't for Disney we wouldn't have any superior Japanese options for toys
>>
>>6317760
It's already happening.Rogue One is a great film, TFA was decent, and Battlefront was a fun multiplayer game, but literally all of the books and comics they've put out as the nu-EU are fucking god awful across the board, bar none. They've butchered characters like Thrawn and totally botched the post-RotJ stories by taking away Luke's Jedi Order, a proper New Republic, and Leia's family by erasing two kids and having her divorced from Han. There's not even any KotOR. It's the biggest downgrade in history.
>>
>>6317433
The undertaker
>>
>>6317760
Disney fucked it up with FA. Star Wars is pretty much largely toy driven and JJ Abrams particularly saddled Hasbro with garbage. For example, Constable Zuvio appears in like a single frame in the background and because Abrams was being hush, hush about shit there were only certain characters and items sent to Hasbro for them to look at and make possible toys of. Like 90% if the alien designs sucked for this movie, and then Abrams let Hasbro make figures of a really shitty one who makes a blink and you miss it appearance in the background. They also couldn't do things like Luke or Snoke cause they were super secret at the time. Then they had those really shitty First Order Stormtroopers that looked really bland. And on top of it they really pushed hard Finn because he was the "diverse" main character who does nothing really in the story. He wasn't a horrible character, but he ended up shelf warming everywhere and pretty much killed the 6in Black Series.

FA also gutted and destroyed the EU. Rogue One was better, but Disney had to once again fuck everything up by making it so everyone dies in Rogue One. Who wants figures of characters whose backgrounds have them pretty much doing nothing before the movie and then dead in their only major story? The plot of this film also eliminates Kyle Katarn from existence.
>>
>>6317033
>there are pretty solid reasons behind Aphra's win.

Not really. She's a bad character from a bad series of comics. Put in the fact that she's from the new crap and she's even more undeserving of a figure.
>>
>>6316600
>TBS Snoke on a throne exclusive is coming in Spring.

Source on this?
>>
>>6317033
>there are pretty solid reasons behind Aphra's win.

Yeah, she's yet another female lead character in the new Kathleen Kennedy Star Wars universe for girls.
>>
>>6316640
OP is full of shit. No credible Star Wars collecting sites have reported this news.
>>
>>6317849

Kathleen Kennedy is the true Emperor in all this mess. She's maneuvering everything to her will and creating shitty movies and EU to make us all fight amongst ourselves...

Jesus, she needs to be stopped.
>>
>>6317866
In Autumn you can apologies.

If it's not happening why is it in Gamestop's system?

https://www.reddit.com/r/starwarscollecting/comments/69tp1w/gamestop_ep8_and_new_wave_skus_and_psa/

The only one butthurt here is you, because you won't believe the facts that are in front of you.
>>
>>6317867

Maybe in Autumn you can learn to use your words properly.

Because shit gets put into the system all the time, and that shit never pans out. They're not going to release Vader singularly, give up already. You're being a baby for nothing.
>>
>>6317875
Any evidence to things put into the system that never panned out?
>>
>>6317881

Like, half the shit they post as rumors (for a reason) on Rebelscum and Yakface and Jeditemplearchives.
>>
>>6317887
That's not actually an example of anything.
>>
>>6317814
>Disney had to once again fuck everything up by making it so everyone dies in Rogue One
I'd argue that not killing everyone would have been what fucked it up

Rogue One was not the kind of movie where any of the major characters are gonna survive. If it had been it wouldn't have shown how badly fucked the Rebels were at the start of the Trilogy.

Then you'd also get questions like "Why did the people who got the Death Star plans who should be a pretty big deal with the rebels never show up anywhere else?"
>>
>>6317914
>evidence

The rumors, the ones made up by people like you.
>>
>>6317923
How dare he?
>>
>>6317924
Evidence:

Rumours a few months ago and now a list of product in Gamestop's system with SKUs.

Surprise they feature the same stuff.

Honestly what have I got to gain from lying or making things up?
>>
>>6317896
From a toy perspective killing everyone is poison, rendering everyone as throw-away chatacters that aren't worth collecting.
>>
Is someone in here really this butthurt that they spent $40 on the new Vader that they refuse to accept the reality that they basically did so just for the stand and special packaging? Of course the Vader is going to get a regular red and black box release, just like the Tusken Raider, Jawa, and Death Star Trooper are all already confirmed to be.
>>
>>6317885

This kills the Star Wars.

I cannot believe they would pollute the franchise like this.
>>
>>6317942
>Is someone in here really this butthurt that they spent $40 on the new Vader

Nobody's butthurt, in fact, everyone's happy they bought it because it's a great figure.

It's you who is the butthurt one. You're missing out and still shaking your fist to the sky claiming you're right when you're not. It's really sad. You're going to lose out and you only have yourself to blame.
>>
>>6317952
Thrawn's story was always inherently tied into the specisim of the Empire. A big part of why he lived so long was because he was assigned to fuck all nowhere while the movies happened because no one wanted to look at a blue Admiral.
>>
>>6317961
>A big part of why he lived so long

A big part of why he lived so long is because no one ever took the EU seriously and it was a dumping ground for shit ideas with little to no quality control, to the point they just had to say "fuck it" and wisely burn the whole thing.
>>
>>6317972
Only to continue making more crap.

But this time it's really canon!
>>
>>6317972
How many Zuvios have you bought?
>>
>>6317972
The EU was good. And you do realize Thrawn is canon right? They ruined him of course, made him an unintelligent jobber losing to D list ripoffs of actual Star Wars characters in a kid's cartoon, but he's canon.
>>
>>6317972
>no one ever took the EU seriously

WOW....it's like you've never paid any attention to Star Wars before.
>>
>>6317984
Post some toys then
>>
>>6317981
But Thrawn spent a whole season effortlessly planning around them, killing multiple recurring characters, and won in the season finale. The closest thing he did to job was that he didn't actually take any major prisoners like Tarkin wanted.
>>
>>6317995
He spent the entire season losing skirmish after skirmish and in the end blew up maybe two ships while literally everyone else escaped unharmed while a Grey Jedi Force God laughed maniacally at him saying he'll die next season. They gutted the character.
>>
File: 20170507_194815.jpg (434KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
20170507_194815.jpg
434KB, 1280x960px
Found this today at TRU for $19.99. I don't really like FA and feel like it's my least favorite film, but it's a very nice vehicle. I was surprised by it being a two seater since I never wanted one before. I only picked this up since I just found a 3.75 black series Phasma for $5 at Walmart.
>>
>>6317698
The last mass retail super articulated line had Mosepp Bineed. More than half of the Wal-Mart line was repacks. I think the returning vintage collection is meant to pick up where mass retail Black Series 3.75 left off.
>>
>>6317814
>The plot of this film also eliminates Kyle Katarn from existence.
Literally just the first Dark Forces mission has anything to do with the Death Star
>>
>>6318159
FA also eliminates the jedi academy stuff.
>>
>>6318115
We had one mosepp Bineed that we could not get rid of for months after he was deleted, once you thought he was gone, he'd show again in returns. I wonder what finally happened to him...
>>
File: Death-Trooper.jpg (95KB, 807x607px) Image search: [Google]
Death-Trooper.jpg
95KB, 807x607px
>>6317929

Not the person you replied too, but Rogue One opens the door for a lot of new Imperial troopers. I for one, am very hyped about that.

>>6318159
>>6318182

I hope they expand more into the EU story with Kyle Katarn, but I don't see it happening. The Dark Forces games had some really cool stuff.

It's a shame what happened about the Jedi Academy material. At least we get a reference in the new Star Wars trailer. I hope it's a good "sign'.

Anyone else holding their breath for something Shadows of the Empire related?
>>
>>6317039
what? It sounds like you don't really know what you're talking about. Basically everything made after 2006, including Saga Legends, is worth over $10. Just look at eBay and what sells there.
>>
>>6318448
I like all the new troopers, I have 3 of the 3.75 black series deathtroopers and two regular ones. I've also picked up 8 of those new Stormtroopers, their sculpt is just so good. They really out did themselves with the troopers considering how unimpressive the First Order ones looked for FA. They should have pumped out more vehicles for RO. I also wish some of the chatacters survived to keep me interested in them beyond the film. Perhaps somw EU might fix that but I'm not expecting it.

A re-release of the buld a droid Darktrooper would be killer.

I'd really like to see a new Shadows of the Empire line. They really should do a Dash Rendar for TVC, he really doesn't have a good figure.
>>
>>6318536
>multicultural ragtag Rebellion

How many aliens were part of the rebellion in A New Hope?

How many were there on Hoth in ESB?

How many were on cloud city that weren't melting down garbage?

You only end up seeing like two aliens as part of the rebellion in the original trilogy.

You could just as easily say the rebels were racist.
>>
>>6318011
Lots of sales going on right now to empty out stock. The AT-ACT was 50 USD on amazon for a short while last week
>>
>>6318556
I might have to look around for that if it's that low anywhere. The AT ACT's been on my list of things I want for awhile. I was contemplating picking up the FA Millennium Falcon for $80 at a comic shop near me.

I might also get another Tie Figher for $20 when I get paid later this week.
>>
>>6318564
Best of luck. Ive been looking around my area to find good deals since theres a lot of overstock on U-wings and TIE Strikers.

The only thing Im having trouble finding is the last wave with Fenn Rau.
>>
>>6318448
>I hope they expand more into the EU story with Kyle Katarn
>Anyone else holding their breath for something Shadows of the Empire related?
one thing that's so great about Kyle and Dash is that neither of them really intersect with any of the film events, so they could be brought forward in a similar way that KOTOR gets referenced all the time.
>>6318495
>Dark Trooper
I would pay a lot of money for a 6" of all three phases
>>
>>6318568
I haven't the last wave anywhere. I'm seeing a ton of Jyn on the pegs at the moment.

I'd for sure buy another Tie Striker or U-Wing if they lowered those to $20 or so. I really like the U-Wing despite how much it's scaled down.
>>
>>6318606
Darktroopers are dope, they look like Space Marines. I only have the old EU version. That build a droid one is insane.
>>
>>6318618
The one on the right I just can't take seriously due to its proportions. It just doesn't look like there could reasonably be a real human inside at all. It looks like it came out of a Cartoon Network show. Unless it did, like that Clone Wars cartoon, in which case disregard that.

The one on the left is more reasonably proportioned, but it just makes me laugh every time cause it has no neck and its "face" looks petulantly grouchy.
>>
>>6318622
I some what wonder if they were thinking of it solely as a droid with the later one.

I was thinking about troop building the old one since he's still very cool, though he was he an individual character in the game.
>>
File: latest-3.jpg (89KB, 342x407px) Image search: [Google]
latest-3.jpg
89KB, 342x407px
>>6318622
The original is still pretty accurate to how it's supposed to look and gets the proportions better.
>>
>>6318622
Dark Troopers didn't have humans inside. They're battle droids.

Did you even play Dark Forces?
>>
>>6318634
The last boss of the game is a human wearing the Dark Trooper armor, and it was created to be both a droid or an exoskeleton for people.
>>
>>6318634
Phase III is Rhom Moc (or whatever the fuck his name is) in an exo-suit.
>>
Ever since I moved, star wars figures are hard to come by, specially with Hasbro hitting it off with the 6 inches.

Are they still making new fig in the old 3.75 scale?
>>
>>6318900
The Heir to the Jedi novel is canon.
>>
File: 20170508_114018.jpg (996KB, 1431x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20170508_114018.jpg
996KB, 1431x1152px
Just picked up these 3.75"

Not even a rebels fan, but I like the aesthetic of Sabine Wren and her TIE in x wing miniatures, didn't know she had a Fett style helmet so I grabbed the action figure and couldn't be happier

Only problem with these is their articulation is shit

Also where the fuck are the jedi? They're shilling these rogue one nobodies and I can't find a Luke, Kenobi, vader, windu, R2, etc. Where are all the lovable characters? Store shelves are filled with Cassian because nobody knows or wants him
>>
File: 20170508_114207.jpg (908KB, 1356x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20170508_114207.jpg
908KB, 1356x1152px
>>6318925
"The Surrender"
>>
File: 20170508_115555.jpg (1MB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20170508_115555.jpg
1MB, 2048x1152px
>>6318931
Their final spot in the stormtrooper surrender diorama
>>
>>6318925
>Store shelves are filled with Cassian because nobody knows or wants him
He gave his life so that we could have the OT but nobody cares :(

But seriously, how DOES this happen? Why is it that obviously popular characters GRT shortpacked while obvious pegwarmers get overstocked?
How does this help ANYONE involved, besides scalpers?
>>
>>6318638
Yes.
However they are hit and miss if you can find them.

For the last year they have been a Walmart Exclusive in America and an ASDA exclusive in the UK.

It's been mainly TFA and RO characters but most have been stellar. Finn, Rey, Poe, Kylo, Phasma, Deathtrooper, Shoretrooper, Cassian and Jyn were all near perfect and were perhaps some of the best figures Hasbro have ever done.

The bad/sour releases were:
-TFA Han- not his main appearance- Starkiller Base Han. Paint applications ruin his eyes so he look's wacky as hell, plus they didn't make his hair grey.,
-TFA Leia- Not General Leia- end of the movie blue dress leia. Paint applications ruin her eyes so she look's wacky as hell.
-TFA Stormtrooper- it's alright in my opinion but the paint for his eyes again are off slightly and so it doesn't look right.

For the full list and pictures:
http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/star-wars-the-black-series-phase-iii/

Upcoming waves are:

Wave 8: Prototype Boba Fett (repack from TVC), Ponda Baba (repack from TVC) , Sandtrooper (repack from TVC), Tusken Raider (repack from TVC).

Wave 9: TFA Luke ( FINALLY!), Snoke, Snoke's ERG/ Sequel Trilogy Royal Guard, Blue X-Wing Pilot- no one knows who this is, maybe female from RO.

If you want some of those/ most and you can't find them in your local shop- DO NOT WORRY, TVC returns Spring 2018 and Rey is confirmed to be repacked and comic character Doctor Aphra is being made as well. I imagine most TFA and RO figures will be repacked in TVC.

>>6318936
What is that TFA pilot on the right?
>>
File: download (2).jpg (9KB, 206x244px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
9KB, 206x244px
>>6318936
Elite series first order tie pilot
>>
>>6319098
>>6319074
Wrong reply
>>
>>6319098
Huh, haven't seen any in person but the picture looks alright. I know the backs have holes with screws in.
>>
>>6318925
Usually not into the 5POA 3.75" figures, but will totally be hunting for Admiral Raddus when that gets released.
>>
File: 20170508_142752.jpg (552KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20170508_142752.jpg
552KB, 2048x1152px
>>6319107
They look great but have really lomitted movement in my opinion. Impulse bought because they were on sale for 10 bucks a piece at Disney Store on 5/5

BTW I asked the gay cashier if rogue one stuff wasn't selling because they had so much of it marked down. He was very offended and told me all about how he loves what disney has done locking down the expanded universe and adding their new characters.

Here are the backs just for full disclosure
>>
>>6319122
They must be bigger than 6" right? 7" or 8".

Cashier probably had it in the contract "can't shit on the Wars".

I talked to one once and they told me they only watched for Ewan McGregor and that he was attractive.
>>
>>6319132
Haha, these are the new fans Disney wants.

They say 6" but in my opinion they are a bit taller, haven't measured them

The cashier was a greying gay dude, really nice guy, and an old star wars head actually. But he put up a wall when I tried to bring up Kyle katarn being written out of the story.
>>
File: latest-1.png (220KB, 308x655px) Image search: [Google]
latest-1.png
220KB, 308x655px
>There will never be a Latts Razzi figure to add another bounty hunter in your collection.
>>
>>6319122
I suspect Rogue One sales went down on most of the main characters once the movie was out and everyone knew all the characters died. The troopers are great, but who wants a scene specific figure of characters who died in their one and only film? I feel like George Lucas knew there would be toys and planned out the prequels often with toys in mind so shit like that was never an issue.
>>
>>6319138
I'm still waiting for a BS Cad Bane. And I never got my hands on Boba Fett either.
>>
>>6319114
fyi that wave is the last one so its gonna get limited production run. thats from a source and a couple other collectors are saying to just order off of dorkside because the wave wont be hitting retail.
>>
>>6319257
I went and ordered mine off Entertainmentearth. Retail is gonna be choking g on Jyn and blind guy and other shit forever.
>>
>>6319159
Cad Bane? Bruh, we've haven't even gotten BS Dengar, Zuckuss or 4-LOM.

How am I supposed to play Bounty Hunter BFFs without Zuckuss and 4-LOM?
>>
>>6319257
Blerg. Probably going to have too. That wave has Galen Erso, too, yeah?
>>
>>6317885
One character without normal genitals

One single minor character
>>
>>6317997
The ships he blew up had strategically important people on board and the rebellion had to abandon their established base yet again, it was a clear victory
>>
>>6319293
A minor victory at absolute best and only a mild setback for the rebels.
>>
>>6319273
Yeah, Raddus, Galen, Finn Rau, and fat black Rebel man whose name escapes me.
>>
>>6319288
One that likely won't show up anywhere but that book, at that.
>>
>>6318925
>>6318931
The Stormtrooper sculpt is great. They should update the 6 inch figure.
>>
I have a £20 amazon voucher what should I buy?

No 5poa thank you very much.
>>
R2D2 in stock at walmart.com for anyone who still needs him.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Star-Wars-The-Black-Series-40th-Anniversary-Artoo-Detoo-R2-D2/55335320
>>
>>6319655
Thanks friend just ordered one.
>>
>>6319449
Get a bounty hunter. Aurra Sing is pretty affordable and a great character to have.
>>
File: Review_DTF_1_Aurra_Sing_1.png (749KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
Review_DTF_1_Aurra_Sing_1.png
749KB, 600x800px
>>6319449
I have this version of her which also had a TVC release. There's also a good Clone Wars version, but it's in a cartoony style.
>>
File: ig88.jpg (116KB, 1001x1001px) Image search: [Google]
ig88.jpg
116KB, 1001x1001px
Just ordered this, stoked
>>
File: Upcoming Star Wars Black Series.jpg (154KB, 576x768px) Image search: [Google]
Upcoming Star Wars Black Series.jpg
154KB, 576x768px
>>6316600 (OP)

Is this list of the Upcoming Black Series real ?
>>
File: ig_88_by_r_valle-d8fi8oh.jpg (149KB, 900x800px) Image search: [Google]
ig_88_by_r_valle-d8fi8oh.jpg
149KB, 900x800px
>>6319765
That's the best IG-88, I have him also. He just doesn't work in 5 poa. This guy can get in all kinds of crazy poses.
>>
>>6319783

No, it's been confirmed to be a fake.
>>
>>6319783
I tend to think so and so does everyone else. The assumption though is that they're using pseudonyms for the EP 8 figures. And the list is no surprise, it's mostly re-releases.
>>
>>6319784
IG-86 is better as far as posability.
>>
>>6319796
They weren't talking about IG-86, they were talking about IG-88
>>
Does Hasbro do replacement parts/pieces/etc.? The bit on Old Ben's lightsaber blade that goes into the hilt basically came detached from the rest of the plastic.
>>
>>6319765
I remember the day I bought this, when it was new. It broke as I was taking it out of the package so I brought it right back. That was the end of 3-3/4 for me.
>>
>>6319864
Are you me? Left arm popped snapped right off at the peg. I was pissed.
>>
File: cadbaneandig86.jpg (281KB, 800x988px) Image search: [Google]
cadbaneandig86.jpg
281KB, 800x988px
>>6319796
86 is cool, came packed with Cad Bane, which is a plus. But 88 is... well, IG-88 and he was a badass.
>>
>>6319854
not that i know of. at least not with figs.
>>
>>6320000
Damn. I managed to mod the hilt a bit so that the blade fits in, and it's not that noticeable if at all, but it just sorta sucks that the piece was basically a tiny, pliable piece of plastic.

On the other hand, just opened the new Vader, and his lightsaber is made perfectly, with the bit that goes into the hilt being sturdier and thicker. Wish they did that with Obi.
>>
>>6319800
I wasn't saying it was IG-88, I was just sayin the IG-86 has superior posability. Reading compreheshion.

>>6319893
I'm really hoping they do an update of IG-88 with better shoulders. More hip motion would be nice if they got it right. Hasbro is hit and miss with that.
>>
>>6320025
I'm not sure if they can make IG-88 more poseable without compeomising his physical sculpt. The beauty and benefit of 86 is that it's based off of a cartoon with a more simplistic design and can be more easily given to high levels of articulation. Hasbro would probably just cheap-out and release the old TVC version again rather than invest resources into producing an even better one.
>>
>>6319765
Be careful articulating his right leg the hose on mine broke when I moved it.
>>
File: 20170509_033128.jpg (542KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
20170509_033128.jpg
542KB, 1280x960px
>>6320073 #
The one leg on mine likes to pop out of it's socket like nobody's business because the hip joints are tight and the peg so small.
>>
>>6320136
I have a pretty good collection of 90s figures through episode 1. I've only bought a couple of figures recently, black series kylo and death trooper. The quality is impressive. The 3.75 figures look pretty cool these days too, but I'm not about to cross that bridge when I already collect star wars lego. They don't seem to make as many vehicles as they did in the 90s, rogue one should have seen y-wing, x-wing, partisan x-wing, at-st and standard tie repaints in addition to the u wing and new tie. I guess kids don't buy them as much as they used to.
>>
>>6319720
>>6319722
I was thinking of picking up TVC Aurra Sing. It looks great but the price is off putting especially when I haven't got other things that I could at that price.

>>6319785
Source?
Again I think you are lying.
>>
File: IMG_6732.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6732.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
I can't wait for the imperial commander, thrawn and tarkin.
>>
File: 1494332326166-1126459870.jpg (1MB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1494332326166-1126459870.jpg
1MB, 2560x1536px
>>
File: IMG_8383.jpg (50KB, 636x602px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8383.jpg
50KB, 636x602px
Kylo Ren's starfighter from The Last Jedi
>>
>>6320243
I'm not sure what I'm looking for in here.

>>6320246
Not too bad. I don't know how I feel about Kylo Ren flying around in a Starfighter.
>>
>>6320246
>lol remember TIE interceptors? Yeah we finally did too!
>>
>>6320258
Why does only Star Wars get hit by this member berry meme? No one complains when other ancient franchises like Star Trek and Gundam bring back familiar tech in new entries.
>>
>>6320270
Because South Park. They almost exclusively make Starwars references with the member berries voices.
>>
>>6320270
It's not about member berries, it's about how pathetic the new movies are for reusing old designs for the sake of nostalgia bucks at the box office. There's no creativity or substance.
>>
>>6320275
They were calling JJ Abrams and TFA out for their bullshit.
>>
>>6320180
The TVC version is the same as the pic I posted just in different packaging. You can get her for about $16 plus shipping.
>>
>>6320515
I'm UK, last time I looked it's about £25 which is just too much for one figure.
>>
>>6320521
$25 isn't horrible compared to what all the good characters go for from TVC. I picked up several figures from that line at around $20 or so each. Expect to pay $60+ for any really good characters. I picked up HK-47 at $80 and sold a Revan for $60 because the figure sucks. It's sculpt is bulky and unposeable like a Power of the Force 2 figure and the sculpt on his head doesn't look like the game at all. People try to sell him at $100+
>>
>>6320537
That's the limit I set myself. Nothing more than that unless it's a rare character or really great deal.

I've picked up some TVC figures but most are out of reach- Kit Fisto for example. I just accept it and move on.
>>
>>6320121
Mine does that, too.
>>
>>6320246
I wonder if Hasbro will make a vehicle of it for your Kylo to pilot? They got lazy with the amount of vehicles they released for Rouge One, where as with FA they even made shit that didn't appear in the film like speeder bikes.
>>
>>6319138
Just as The Clone Wars was getting good, Hasbro decided to ease up on making characters from it.

Now many of them will most likely never see production.
>>
>>6320246
>stand has the Rebel symbol on it

What did they mean by this?
>>
Hey guys, i'm thinking of getting a figuarts first order trooper, will it fit well with my BS ones (scale wise)?
Do you suggest any of te siguarts First Order Stormtroopers? From a first look it seems they are all the same with different accessories.
>>
>>6320611

The SHF ones are the best versions of the FO stormies, but I recommend going with the regular release. The heavy gunner is more expensive and has worse paint, for some reason, and the riot control is only good to have alongside other troopers, as he doesn't have a blaster rifle.

The regular release ones go for an easy $40, these days, which is a good price.
>>
Is the 40th Vader worth getting?

After the initial first week, he became rare but every shop that carries him now has at least 5-6 in my area (about 30-40 total ). I've heard he's one of the best Vaders, but I only want the figure itself. For 40 USD, that includes the price of a stand display that I know I won't do anything with.
>>
>>6320658
He is worth it.
>>
>>6320658
Either get him now or wait until he's released single carded later this year. We have strong indications they're re-releasing him in the next wave with a stormtrooper.
>>
>>6320668
It's not the next wave it's sometimes in Autumn.
Two waves from now roughly.
-40th Wave 2
-Lando Wave

Unknown.
but TLJ FF is September 1st.
>>
>>6320658
He's a great figure, but it's still a 6" Hasbro toy- it's not worth $40. If you don't care about the cardboard stand, just wait for the single release in September or a good deal on the anniversary set.
>>
>>6320630
Cool, all of these cost a fuckton of money where i live but the regular one is still cheaper than the others, if he is also better than there's nothing to think about.
Thanks Anon.
>>
Is TBS 6" Director Krennic worth £16?
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (37KB, 528x960px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
37KB, 528x960px
>>6320715
He is, but he looks much better with a cape from rickhor409
>>
>>6320252
thrawn is a sjw
>>
>>6320725
Okay I'll buy him.
Is it worth getting two Deathtroopers at £16 each?
>>
>>6320731
Yep. They're good troopers and his troops.
>>
File: 49201721514.jpg (423KB, 1325x1500px) Image search: [Google]
49201721514.jpg
423KB, 1325x1500px
>>6320731
I've got two SHF and one black series.

The BS is good but considering the SHF death troopers can be found on Mandarake for ¥3500 (£23) I'd recommend getting some of those.
>>
>>6320725
A tad steep for a cape. It costs more than the figure.
>>
File: 492017211352.jpg (434KB, 1200x2027px) Image search: [Google]
492017211352.jpg
434KB, 1200x2027px
>>6320742
Eh, it's good quality stuff and I'd never be able to make anything close to it myself so I don't mind paying a premium for it.
>>
>>6320658
I was in the same boat, then May the 4th happened and I grabbed him for 10-20 bucks off. Having just cracked it open, I can say that he's very worth it and is a blast to fiddle with, though if you have any way of getting it cheaper (price match, sales, coupons, etc.), definitely use it. I don't know if he'll get a single release, either, so it's better to be safe than sorry, I'd say.
>>
>>6316635
Same here, I did see that die cast Luke figure the other day at my local Meijer so hopefully they'll be putting out the rest of the stuff soon.
>>
>>6320246
Jar Jar Abrams is ruining Star Wars
>>
>>6320658
Yeah, he really is. By far my favorite figure I own and the crown jewel of my BS collection. Darth Vader is my favorite character in all of fiction and the figure looks so nice
>>
>>6320942
Anyone have the original BS Vader? What did they get so right this time, that they didn't last time? Was it really just the cloth?
>>
>>6320949
The major difference I've noticed is the head sculpt. The old helmet looked sad and dumpy. Also didn't appear to have a neck.
>>
File: 20170509_190432.jpg (532KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
20170509_190432.jpg
532KB, 1280x960px
>>6320949
I have the original. I think he's pretty good. I dunno why people who don't have him shit on the figure. The new one is just a new sculpt based on the A New Hope look.
>>
>>6319783
my gamestop has that exact list its 100% legit. but the worker didnt know what any of the coded names meant.
>>
What are a good stormtrooper to army build, somewhat cheaply because I want to give them some paint customization.
>>
>>6320955
>>6320985
Yeah, I can see some of the changes, namely with the helmet, and the obvious ones like the chain, the box on the chest being subtly different, and the uh, cloth going up his sides being tucked under the chest piece, rather than going over it.

Still looks decent, especially given how hard I remember people shitting on it a while back.
>>
>>6320949
The original and Emperor's Wrath variant of it are both ok, but the sculpt and proportions of the new one are significantly better. The helmet is hugely improved and the body is less wide which made the old one look like he had no neck and a tiny head.
>>
>>6319000
It's not that they're overstocked, it's that every time the store puts out a case nobody wants a certain character. In the case if Rogue One, nobody wants scene specific versions of characters like Cassian or Jyn because they died in their one and only appearences. Not even a child wants a dead character with no familiarity to the character and not much wiggle room for prior adventures. Jyn didn't do anything major until she gets picked up by the rebels in that movie. Cassian has more wiggle room, but not much.

People just buy up mostly the sweet troop builders and droids and bad guys. And then the store just never orders more because they still have a ton of the same figures peg warming.
>>
File: FIGURE-015888.jpg (50KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
FIGURE-015888.jpg
50KB, 600x600px
Anyone has experience with the Mafex FO Trooper? Is it any good?
I like how it comes with more weapons than the basic SH Trooper.
>>
Thoughts on this? I'm getting more and more tempted every day, even with the large head. $70 seems like it would go a long way in terms of entertainment time with this.
>>
should i pre order the sh figuarts r2d2 and c3p0 at bigbadtoystore now or wait and try and buy them for cheaper on secondary markets, or see if shops get them in stock after release?
>>
>>6321332
I'd buy now. More likely to pay mark up on the after market.
>>
>>6316983
Quote me a price and I might by them all or some off of you, name in email
>>
>>6321513
Or rather @yahoo.com
>>
>>6321332

Secondary markets are rarely cheaper. It's a crap shoot.
>>
>>6321221
Unless you're committed to a 1/6 scale display for all your characters I see little reason to have a giant Stormtrooper sitting in the middle of your collection (despite how cool the idea sounds).
>>
>>6321595
Not him, but why the hell not? I buy random stuff in random scales that happens to strike my fancy. I think it makes for a more interesting collection and display when I have a bunch of wildly different things displayed together. I'd totally go for a 1/6 Stormtrooper out of the blue....I mean, except for the fact that I don't like Bandai's sculpt at all. Not only is the helmet too large, it's also rather odd looking around the eyes and mouth.
>>
>>6321595
Attack of the 50 Foot Clones!

Damn, I just made myself want a 1/6 scale clone trooper.
>>
Looks like the Tusken Raider's elbows are single jointed. I held out hope but oh well...
>>
>>6321600
Yeah, the helmet really bugs me. My thoughts were to get the kit and and try to bash on a different head. There are plenty of 1/6 scale regular heads out in the world, and I've even seen the die cast Black Series Trooper/Vader helmet set at Ross for $6, and I'm not horrible at recasting in resin. Just looking at it as more of a project toy to have fun with.
>>
>>6320715
>>6320731

Well I got Krennic today, haven't opened him, came at 11am so about 14 hours from ordering.

Checked on the Deathtroopers and they haven't shipped yet.
The price has gone down to £14. Should I cancel the items and re order? Or will that confuse them?

Or just the extra?

Is there any Amazon customer service online?
>>
>>6321739
It should auto correct if they haven't shipped yet. If not, just shoot amazon support a message and tell them the price changed and they'll credit your card w/ the money. You're overthinking this
>>
>>6321749
How? My order still shows them at £16 the price I ordered them for last night.

They haven't charged me yet but the money has been "ringed around" ready to go out.

How do I ask Amazon Support?
>>
File: luke.jpg (135KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
luke.jpg
135KB, 600x800px
>>6321749
>>6321754
Oh boy. I asked but they said they couldn't do that because the item had already entered shipping.
They said they would cancel the order and for me to place another one for 2 at £14.

I went to do that but found I could only order 1.
I went back to the customer service and told them what happened and they said they'd reinstate the order and to keep both.

So now I'm getting 3 which isn't an even number but I'll put up with it because of the hassle I've caused them.

pic related:
mfw the order was sent out 10 minutes before I contacted them.

Let's see what happens.
Sorry Amazon.
>>
>>6321221

Why would you waste your money?
>>
>>6321801
>apologizing to a company
Literally just return one and say that it's broken to get free return shipping. Christ anon, stop sucking corporate cock.
>>
>>6321806
They gave me that option of returning one but I didn't want to bother with all that hassle and wouldn't be able to part with it if I did.

I'm an Amazon Prime subscriber so I don't pay shipping direct from Amazon.

Someone's got the greentext about feeling guilty about contacting an indian customer service centre and complaining about figures when they probably have more problems.

That's why I feel guilty.
>>
>>6317814
Actually Zuvio was in a deleted scene on Jakku. So he's not in the fucking film at all.
>>
File: Ce7r7h9WwAIx28Z-1.jpg (32KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Ce7r7h9WwAIx28Z-1.jpg
32KB, 600x450px
>>6321918
He's in there for a single frame. Pic related is the frame. He's on the far right.

From an article on how JJ sabotaged the toy line with his constant changes and wanting to keep various things hush hush for the film.

>“If you do a search on the character there is this myth starting to evolve that he was part of a sequence that was cut out of the film,” Hidalgo says.

>Speculation centers on Rey’s beat-down of Unkar Plutt’s thugs when they try to droidnap BB-8, with the Constable stepping in to break up the fight instead of allowing Rey to finish it.

>“He never had a line of dialogue, no,” Abrams says.

>“I guarantee you that as they were reviewing ‘safe’ characters that can be made into action figures and presented to the public, that was one of those characters,” Abrams says. “They had no idea and, frankly, we wouldn’t know either back when we were shooting, if he would end up in the final cut.”

http://ew.com/article/2016/04/15/constable-zuvio-star-wars-force-awakens/
>>
File: toys.jpg (246KB, 1571x650px) Image search: [Google]
toys.jpg
246KB, 1571x650px
>>6317814
>Like 90% if the alien designs sucked for this movie
Sorta agreed. The only side character toy I liked was that blue droid with the long neck, I wish they'd made a 6" figure of him. I also had a problem with the Guavian enforcer--it's kind of a bland design to begin with, and it doesn't look like it belongs in Star Wars to me. For some reason it strikes me as very...DC Universe looking. I could really easily see that guy fighting Batman.

Speaking of missed opportunities, I'm sad about Moroff and Edrio Two Tubes from Rogue One. Both are bit fucking characters, sure, but what great designs. I would have bought 1/12 figures of them in an instant.
>>
>>6321969

Also we never got Saw Gerrera in Black series.
>>
>>6321979
Oh yeah, almost forgot. Saw Gerrera's armor was so fucking cool, and I'd definitely have bought a toy of grizzled old Forest Whitaker. Especially if he had a dangling oxygen mask that could actually fit over his face. Shit woulda been so cool.
>>
>>6321969
The design work for TFA was utterly abysmal. I hate that JJ even thinks it was okay to call that shit Star Wars.
>>
>>6321969
Rogue One had some fucking rad designs- Moroff, Edrio, Bistan, Pao, all those awesome trooper designs.

In a better era of Hasbro, I'd be going nuts over a Rogue One toyline. Instead, we live in some dark timeline where Funko has the most complete line-up of Rogue One characters in plastic.
>>
>>6322053
Well the Shoretrooper and Deathtrooper are cool figures and I've army built both. 7 and 6 respectively.
>>
File: NE0iioPAmfyW36_1_b.jpg (47KB, 600x316px) Image search: [Google]
NE0iioPAmfyW36_1_b.jpg
47KB, 600x316px
>>6321969
I only liked Sarco Plank and Sidon Ithano as far as FA aliens. Most of the designs were just bland like pic related.

The death gang guys were ok looking, but like everything in the movie you wouldn't know they were Star Wars characters.

Rogue One though had legit good designs and I was more interested in toys from that movie. Why the fuck couldn't they give us more toys from this line?

According to Forbes, Hasbro is trying to win back fans after all the garbage with FA toys, which is why they're doing 40th anniversary toys and bringing back TVC.
>>
>>6322003
They could still do it in the future, right?
>>
>>6322131
With how hard most of the Rogue One non-troop builders are peg warming?

I mean, they could do it, but I wouldn't hold your breath.
>>
I have a $50 Amazon card right tnow and I'm trying to decide between the Figuarts Battle Droid and Jango Fett. Thoughts? I already have the Geonosis version of the droid but I absolutley adore Battle Droid and I"ve heard Jango is shit. Is this true? I don't give a shit about the lack of an unmasked head.
>>
>>6322142
battle droid. no explanation needed.
>>
>>6322142
Can never have enough of cute droids
>>
>>6322142
Neither. They're both very mediocre.
>>
>>6322138
>Rogue One non-troop builders are peg warming

They're all peg warming. Even the troopers.
>>
>>6322072
>Rogue One though had legit good designs

It did, because it was actually trying to be a Star Wars movie, not JJ Abrams' fart sniffing wet dream.
>>
>>6322188
Death Trooper seems to sell pretty solidly. The only troop I've seen sitting on pegs widely has been the new Target exclusive, presumably because it's come out so late.
>>
>>6322196
He's crowding every store. He's even bargain bin in online stores.
>>
File: latest-4.jpg (406KB, 1440x593px) Image search: [Google]
latest-4.jpg
406KB, 1440x593px
>>6322194
Do you want Brown Alien, Brown Alien, Brown Alien, or Brown Alien?
>>
>>6322517
Of these, I like the bronze fembot, the big lazy reclining guy, and his toothy dog. Of course we didn't get toys of any of them though.

The big problem with these aliens is they feel sorta cheapo to me...especially in the costume department, they're just not interesting. Lots of brown and nondescript robes. I could see these being aliens from like, a SciFi Channel original movie or some shit.
>>
>>6322537
They always felt like Doctor Who extras to me.
>>
File: 1423963943055.jpg (76KB, 400x514px) Image search: [Google]
1423963943055.jpg
76KB, 400x514px
>>6322517

I hate this so much.
>>
>>6322541
That's a perfect description actually. The low budget look and kind of bland design fits perfectly as Doctor Who extras.
>>
>>6322546

The irony is even the wolfman mask from A New Hope looked more interesting than any of these goofs.
>>
>>6322537
They should have used some of the alien races from the previous six films and tried less to be grim dark and gritty with all their designs and the color pallet. Many of these aliens are forgettable and don't stand out. None of them look fun really.
>>
>>6322541
Doctor Literally Who
>>
>>6322541
Reminds me more of Farscape.
>>
>>6322551
You mean Aphra?
>>
ok, we need more fucking troopers and rebels. where are the imperial gunners? where are the REBELS??
>>
>>6322556
i mean black series figs
>>
>>6322556
FA killed black series. Too many Zuvios and Finns and not enough new product un stores. 40th anniversary is Hasbro's excuse to go back to Original Trilogy.

I mainly only care about 3.75 figures though since there's not much variety in the 6in
>>
>>6322549
disney will ruin star wars.
>>
>>6322517
All these fucking new aliens created to just be background dressing. It's like they are the only ones of their kind. There are plenty of older designs they could get more use out of.

Humans are fucking everywhere.
>>
>>6322718
No fucking shit. I'm only interested in this until episode 9 then I'm out. The Han Solo movie doesn't even interest me.
>>
>>6322517
it doesnt help that most of the humans on the left look like fucking hobos. The best ones are the far right ones, namely Sidon Ithano and the black stormtrooper behind him.
>>
>>6322725
Well, humans do reproduce a lot.
>>
>>6322549
>color pallet
I think that's the major issue. It gives the impression that these rogues agreed to color coordinate their outfits on that particular day when they're supposed to be from all reaches of the galaxy. It must have been the art directors fault. Design theory about them being portrayed this way so as not to detract from the main cast.
>>
Is there an upgrade for the Bandai R2D2 kit? He and R5D4 don't have working doors, and the doors they do have you just have to cram in there and hope for the best. It seems like it should be possible to mount working doors in there, they have little pegs to hold the sculpted open doors just fine.
>>
>>6322725

And not a single fucking rodian or Twi'lek. A couple of the most prolific species in the SW universe.
>>
>>6317785
Twilight company wasn't that bad, but as a tie in to game with no story, I don't think it really had the room to fuck up like the rest of the Nu Canon
>>
>>6320276
Uhhh..... Star Wars has established military contractors who build these ships. Does your autism flare up whenever you come near an auto dealership with new cars that slightly resemble how they looked decades ago?
>>
>>6322725
Yeah I think they wanted to replicate that feeling of the cantina scene in the first movie (like every scene in the first movie). It would have been cool to at least show a already established species.
>>
>>6323200
Sorry JJ, people are wisening up to your shitty ideas. You may fuck off now.
>>
>>6322517
I want the red one
>>
File: latest-5.jpg (266KB, 2000x838px) Image search: [Google]
latest-5.jpg
266KB, 2000x838px
>>6323211
They also tried to copy Ponda Baba's arm scene

https://youtu.be/Th9swupZerg
>>
Who has Figuarts Chewie for cheapest right now?
>>
>>6323379
He pops up on Mandarake for 4000 yen quite often, sells out quick though.
>>
File: IMG_8019.jpg (612KB, 2428x1364px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8019.jpg
612KB, 2428x1364px
>>6320611

SHF Heavy comes with that canon and the pistol that pegs onto the leg which the regular one does not. No standard issue blaster.

It scales decent with the BS one but doesn't look as bulky and a tad shorter. It isn't very noticeable and they bent in with each other reasonable well until you get to posing since the articulation o the BS one is ass.

>>6320630 This guy is right. As far as the First Order goes SHF is the best there is.
>>
>>6323567
Are they best than the Mafex one? I notice it comes with more accesories, i'm actually i bit clueless here, never had a figuarts before.
>>
>>6323353
>fingers
>not a flipper

Disgusting.
>>
File: IMG_8110.jpg (1MB, 3258x2178px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8110.jpg
1MB, 3258x2178px
>>6323739
>Are they best than the Mafex one?

That's debatable. MAFEX comes with more stuff and is more reasonably priced and but has a softer sculpt. From what I gather the figure itself isn't bad but MAFEX has a very hit and miss record when it comes to quality control. Sometimes they're great, sometimes they practically fall apart in the breeze. Again, from what Iv'e heard MAFEX FO trooper is alright. As a rule, I never buy a MAFEX if there's a Figuarts option. MAFEX is also slightly taller and lanky looking.

Personally, I think the Figuarts FO trooper is the best but for the price you're better off getting the Bandai kits if you're looking to build an army.

Personally, I like to mix and match because sometimes the best version of one character is from one company and the best version of another character is from a different company. Many people think the best Vader is MAFEX, but as far as FO troopers go Figuarts is best.

Just note: Figuarts isn't very good at making taller characters seem taller. Their Phasma looks too short even against other Figuarts troopers and the promo pics of Chewie look that way too.

Figuarts also makes the best human characters. People always bitch about the face printing and metallic colored hair but it isn't bad in person and regardless of how many people bitch about it there isn't a better option out there.
>>
>>6323789
Thanks for the explanations, Anon.
I guess i'll go with the regular Figuarts FO Trooper and put the Mafex one on the list in case i happen to find it on a store where i can actually look at it.
About army building, i'm mostly ok with my BS troopers, i just want one or two with more articulation to be protagonists in scenes and stuff, i hate that the BS ones have trouble holding the rifle with two hand for example, otherwise they are alright, specially ib larger numbers.
Thanks again for the tips, Anon, mix and match does seem to be the way with SW figures.
>>
>>6323742
We're getting him reissued some time later this month. His original figure is $90 on ebay. Buy him and watch the salt pour in.
>>
>>6323353

You would think that he could fix his nose if he's a Doctor.
>>
File: latest-6.jpg (365KB, 2820x1902px) Image search: [Google]
latest-6.jpg
365KB, 2820x1902px
>>6323880
Couldn't even reattach Ponda's arm, but yet he put Ponda's mind in a new body and made an army of zombies that Fett had to kill.
>>
>>6323874

I have the original release. I can't believe how far we've fallen when I see that figure. Hasbro was truly at the top of their game there, giving us some stupid awesome figures with accessories...

Disney brought ruin upon us all.
>>
File: latest-7.jpg (127KB, 616x843px) Image search: [Google]
latest-7.jpg
127KB, 616x843px
Old EU was pretty cool for these guys.
>>
File: SW_AliensGalaxy_Int2-1.jpg (127KB, 1280x711px) Image search: [Google]
SW_AliensGalaxy_Int2-1.jpg
127KB, 1280x711px
>>6323256
They made a figure of him. He was one of only like 2 good aliens for the movie. The other being Sarco Plank, a scavenger/bounty hunter/ gun dealer who once tried to kill Luke Skywalker for his lightsaber.
>>
>>6316635
Just found Luke and Obi-Wan at target today, and 2 darth vaders at Walmart.
>>
>>6323379
Wait for a sale. I bet he'll shelfwarm for a while.
>>
>>6323943
A sale from who though?
>>
File: stealth evolution.jpg (50KB, 500x442px) Image search: [Google]
stealth evolution.jpg
50KB, 500x442px
>>6323200
>Star Wars has established military contractors who build these ships.
So?

Look at how much things changed from Clone Wars era to ANH.
There was a complete shift in designs and even signs of them not knowing what they were doing (the wannabe star destroyers in AotC without weapons).
It's part of George Lucas' vision of a living breathing universe, where you can see them from movie to movie constantly changing.
Whereas Jar Jar Abrams just completely aped the designs from ANH (not even fucking RotJ) and basically did 1:1.3 equivalents.

Even our real life military equipment shows us learning from past designs to produce modern equipment, that looks completely different from one another.
The shift from F117 to B2 to F22 is less than 20 years for that to happen, and they all look different from one another. The shift from Blackbird to F117 is roughly 20 years. Again, a pretty big change.
It's something we saw in Luca's movies.

So no matter who made the designs, Jar Jar Abrams, like Lucas before him, was the one approving all the designs. So they may have shown him completely different designs and a real evolution of designs like the XWing, but he decided "boxy XWing good enough." Everything Jar Jar did was like he took the criticism from the prequels and did just the opposite, wholesale blanket. People said they hated the prequels, but loved characters/designs/etc, he said fuck off to Lucas' outlines that he did write and just copied the original trilogy crossing over the line of plagiarism because people loved the original trilogy.
>>
>>6323200
Uhhhh, they had TIE interceptors and didn't use them in TFA because JJ Abrams is a nostalgia fucker who doesn't know how to tell an actual story progression.
>>
File: 20170511_194028.jpg (1MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20170511_194028.jpg
1MB, 2048x1536px
>>6323932
If the guy who handed me the Obi-Wan is reading this I just wanted to say thanks again. Good guy.
>>
I honest to god wonder if where was a guy watching rotj in 83 getting upset that they reused darth vader's tie design for interceptors.
>>
>>6322517
I like the black red eyed doggy, and the red dude.
>>
>>6323970
>I honest to god wonder if where was a guy watching rotj in 83 getting upset that they reused darth vader's tie design for interceptors.

But they didn't. Are you retarded? Have you even seen Vader's TIE Advanced?
>>
>>6323353
That would have been great desu. Because wookies are known to tear people's arms off.
>>
>>6324020
So you're saying you see the distinct difference in design between Vader's Tie and an interceptor, but not between the interceptor and Kylo's ship?
>>
>>6324103

Yep, you are 100% retarded.

Vader's ship was always meant to be an upgraded prototype TIE fighter. If you really think the Interceptors look like THAT, you've got issues.

And if you really think Kylo's nostalgia bullshit is any sort of actual progression like it was in the OT, you've seriously got to quit Star Wars. Because Disney is just loving your kind of stupid.

>>6324092
No, it wouldn't have been great. It was JJ missing the point of the bluff entirely.
>>
>>6324103
The Prequels and OT were about the tech and vehicles progressing in design.

The Disney sequels are about reusing old designs to jerk off fanboys, regardless of what it does to the story or timeline.
>>
File: f16-f35-f22.jpg (27KB, 600x379px) Image search: [Google]
f16-f35-f22.jpg
27KB, 600x379px
>>6323962
At least use proper examples of fighter jet evolution.

F-16 was first produced in 1973 and is still currently in production and in service.

The F-22 was first produced in 1996, but ceased production in 2011, and while still in service was replaced with;

The F-35 which began production in 2006 (just one year after the F-22 was introduced into military service) and was put into service in 2015, in the form of F-35B in 2015.

So, the F-16, the oldest of the three is still being used and produced DECADES after it's original production, and the other two are similar, but slightly different, only the F-22 was retired from production, due to improvements to the basic design in the F-35, making the 22 obsolete in comparison.
>>
>>6324148
I don't understand. Why would they continue to use the original, but replace the replacement with a replacement? Wouldn't they replace the original with the replacement and keep those in service?
>>
>>6324126
>Fanboys 2003 "The prequels are shit! George Lucas is ruining Saga! Original Trilogy was perfect!"

>Fanboys 2017 "The nee trilogy is shit! Disney and Abrams are ruining Saga! The prequels and Original Trilogy were perfect!

The more things change, the more they stay the same, amirite? Talk about nostalgia fagging.
>>
>>6324158

Disney shill, kindly leave.
>>
>>6324149
All three fighters in that pic are still in sevice, they just ceased production of the f-22 because having it and the F-35 in production at the same time was redundant and unnecessary.
>>
>>6324160
Ah gotcha, sorry. Reading comprehension fail. That's pretty crazy though that planes produced in the 70s are still viable for use today.
>>
>>6324162
It's a fighter that's a good balance of cheap to produce, yet high quality and excellent peformance. Basically it's cost effective to keep using them.
>>
any news about Grievous?
>>
best place to get shf chewbacca? i was gonna snag him off hlj but he is now sold out there and i would like to get him as close to retail as possible, the scalpers prices are retarded.
>>
>>6324261

Mandarake or set up a FIGINSTOCK on his HLJ listing. He'll come back up.
>>
Is anyone seeing the Death Squad Commander in stores anywhere? I'm wondering if I should try to snag him early on BBTS.
>>
>>6324286
Dog, people are hardly finding wave 1 in stores anywhere yet, much less wave 2.
>>
>>6324267
thanks man, im kinda new to collecting and was bummed thinking i had to pay those scalpers prices again like i did for rotj luke.
>>
>>6324300
I was just lucky to find 3 of them today in stores. I wasn't even expecting it. I call it dumb luck. Different anon here BTW
>>
>>6324304
What store?
>>
>>6324317
Target and Walmart, I'm talking about the first wave though, not wave 2
>>
I hope they do a 40th anniversary for rotj. I want a decent black robed Luke, and sidious. I will soil myself.
>>
>>6324158

Most Star Wars fans hate the prequels. I don't even think this is up for debate.
>>
File: 1493941185201.png (1MB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
1493941185201.png
1MB, 1200x900px
Anyone else pick up the Black Series AT-ST? I was lucky and found one at Walmart and couldn't help but grab it.
>>
>>6324362
i love them, ep 7 and ogue one kinda sucked tho
>>
File: Saab-FlyOver.jpg (28KB, 894x276px) Image search: [Google]
Saab-FlyOver.jpg
28KB, 894x276px
>>6324148
>At least use proper examples of fighter jet evolution.
But that isn't the point.

Go look at what the XWing precursor looks like in the Clone Wars and how it had a completely different task. It's the evolution of the design, not its role.
Same shit with those stealth jets. Recon jet, fighter, bomber, and now multirole. Xwing precursor was a recon, fighter, and now... slightly boxy fighter.

With Lucas, and like real life, that shit isn't static. It evolves and becomes something else, either in role or just look. With Jar Jar, it's sameshit with a little tweening, even with the story.

See also Darth Maul's tiefighter wannabe that isn't even a fighter. It's way more similar to the Tie Fighter, yet isn't almost a 1:1 copy both in design and role (and size?) like the Tie Fighters are in FA.
>>
File: droidekas firing.gif (186KB, 405x247px) Image search: [Google]
droidekas firing.gif
186KB, 405x247px
>>6324362
>Most Star Wars fans hate the prequels. I don't even think this is up for debate.
Sure, they hate the movies for how they are, but they love the characters, designs, etc.

People ate up the merch because they genuinely liked the stuff and wanted to see more of it.
No one here is lusting after more Force Awakens stuff, whereas people here want shit from the most horrible movie ever made that ruined Star Wars forever and ever to come out as a Figma.

So there's a pretty big difference between the prequels and AFA.
>>
>>6324524

This guy gets it.
>>
>>6321816
They get paid for caring about your childrens toys and they don't lose any money because of you. Don't be a woman, dude.
>>
>>6324375
>Old McVader had a farm
>>
>>6324362
I loved the prequels, george lucas can't ruin god-tier designs and world building with shitty dialogue and misguided directing.
>>
>>6324524
If you want to get into "precursors", the precursor of the fighter jet were WWII fighter planes which were the standard are pretty drastically different from the new standard fighter jets of today.
>>
I know I'm just gonna be brushed off as a shill, but between EPII and IV there's a massive war going on driving innovation, but after EPVI the main governing body of the galaxy is collapsing into disarray leaving little room and money for new military projects.
That said, in a fictional universe we have no idea how quickly tech progress should occur. Our current time is not a good example.

this thread is about toys though.
>>
File: 6 inch black series.jpg (3MB, 2171x1970px) Image search: [Google]
6 inch black series.jpg
3MB, 2171x1970px
Does anyone have this baby updated?
>>
File: ee4.jpg (76KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
ee4.jpg
76KB, 600x800px
>>6324223
>>
File: TT02.jpg (125KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
TT02.jpg
125KB, 800x600px
>>6325759
>>
File: george lucas loses it.webm (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
george lucas loses it.webm
2MB, 640x480px
>>6325579
You can make your head-canon to provide in-universe explanations how you want, but what really happened is just Jar Jar Abrams trying to make the closest thing to A New Hope as possible down to the designs.

It's lazy.
It's pandering.
It's shit.

It's so bad, not even nostalgiafags want it.
>>
>>6325697
It is up to date.
What's next hasn't been announced and is just rumours.
-40th Vader is coming.
-40th Stormtrooper is coming

and Han and R2 might be coming.

And then it's TLJ stuff.

>>6325579
I partly agree with you. But the new canon sucks post ROTJ, the war ends one year after.
Then there's a big disarmament program so new ships aren't being built.
It makes some sense but boy is it lazy in TFA.

Why not have underground ship makers?

It's hard to get invested when every little detail is just soo shit. Why should anyone care about the New Republic?
>>
I found TBS 6" Jabba for half price- £22.50.

The box is a little beat up but I don't care too much about that.

Is it worth it?
>>
>>6325759
>>6325760
Fug

It looks good in these shots but I know from experience with Phasma that the cape will be shit. And honestly, I haven't been 100% happy with any of the Star Wars plamo so far.
>>
>>6325940
That's up to you.

I wouldn't pay that much, but I got him for $15.
>>
>>6325985
The chances of finding one for less are slim at least in bongland now.

I could hold out and see if it sells or if it's reduced but because there's only one left, I'm worried about leaving it.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (93KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
93KB, 1280x720px
>>6325928
But it's missing the chinamen.
>>
>>6325966
For Phasma you can always buy third party cape from ebay. But I don't know if they are worth it to be honest. Most of robes are more expensive than figures themselves.
>>
>>6326050
I forget about him. He and Baze should be between Revan and Qui-gon.

I've never understood why people use pictures instead of real guides.

http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/star-wars-the-black-series-phase-iii/

Is Chirrut worth it for £23?

I thinking of just getting it now incase he never hits retail/hits completely. .
>>
File: s-l1600 (1).jpg (168KB, 987x1599px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600 (1).jpg
168KB, 987x1599px
>>6325966
>>6326059
Someone will always make a better cape.

rickhor409 makes good stuff for reasonable prices (most of the time)
>>
>>6325762
>Jar Jar Abrams lel
>The prequels were actually good epVII was bad
>hurrrr Disney

It's lazy.
It's trying too hard.
It's sad.
>>
>>6325940
Yes. That's a pretty fair price.
>>
>>6325928
i already have 40th vader. there were two at walmart. i even posted a picture of him next to obiwan earlier in the thread on my shelf.
>>
>>6326475
It's his single boxed release.

Sorry, incase you didn't notice we are all anons here, save for that one trip, how was I supposed to know.
>>
>>6325928
Also missing Tarkin, Thrawn, and Jaina Solo. Which are confirmed for six inch line.
>>
>>6326616
I seriously hope this comes to fruition, I REALLY want this figure, but 40 is excessive
>>
SHF Darth Maul is never getting re-released is he?
>>
>>6326694
Yeah I know that but no one knows when and what order everything is coming out.

We know the first wave of TLJ at least contains Luke and (resistance) Rey.

Jaina is out in the Autumn and I assume Thrawn is too.

Tarkin is spring, Gree is as well.

Plus the vehicles: Luke's Speeder, Rey's Speeder which are likely Force Friday.
>>
File: 2017-05-13 20.46.29.jpg (207KB, 918x1630px) Image search: [Google]
2017-05-13 20.46.29.jpg
207KB, 918x1630px
So it's fairly easy to "disrobe" Mafex Rey. Should come in handy for those who want to put the cloth from the upcoming BS one on to it
>>
> We're getting Black Series Mary Sue before Black series Jar Jar

Mesa not understanda.
>>
>>6325697
>That removable helmet Vader
Wait, did that actually come out? I thought that was just a 3 3/4's line thing.
>>
File: Black-Series-40th-Vader-09.jpg (734KB, 1360x2048px) Image search: [Google]
Black-Series-40th-Vader-09.jpg
734KB, 1360x2048px
Is anyone making protective cases for these yet?

I'm not a MOC collector but I sometimes like having nice versions of my favorite characters MOC hanging on my wall. Got the 30th Anniversary Vader with the gold coin MOC on my wall and I figure this would look good next to it.
>>
>>6326900
The first Vader had a removable helmet. It makes his proportions a little off though so some people don't like the figure.
>>
File: IMG_7096.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7096.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Found series 2 at TRU. And 6+ Vader packs... still no S1
>>
>>6327007
This is just the same old BS Stormtrooper in new packaging, right?
>>
>>6327111
Yes. There's only like four new figures in the 40th anniversary line, and of the repacks, Leia's the only one who's significantly different.
>>
>>6326993
Really? I had no idea about that, that's pretty neat. I can understand why people would be turned off, though, as I've seen a few Vaders with big heads due to similar gimmicks.
>>
>>6327820
He's this Vader

>>6320985
>>
File: legacypackvadervarl.jpg (2MB, 2737x1523px) Image search: [Google]
legacypackvadervarl.jpg
2MB, 2737x1523px
>>6327111
>>6327120
I think I heard Han's hair might be slightly different. They used left over Vaders from the Rogue One production line so there is a Red Eye Variant.
>>
>>6328519
Han's hair is unchanged.

And there was no Rogue One Black Series Vader for it to be left overs of.
>>
>>6325431
>>6324160
>>6324148

>>6323962 BTFO
>>
File: 1489850042652.png (37KB, 185x143px) Image search: [Google]
1489850042652.png
37KB, 185x143px
Lads, i want to buy the new 40th anniversary vader just by itself, no legacy pack thing. Will i have to get it online? has it been released yet or will the prices (on ebay for example) come down.

in australia btw, i imagine it will be basically impossible to get it in a shop?
>>
>>6329912
Just wait a few months for the single release.
>>
>>6329917
Ok thanks. i just do't want to miss out it looks quite good.
>>
>>6329912
If you just want the figure, that should be coming out in a regular Black Series box later this year.

If you mean the figure in the special 40th Anniversary cardback, that's exclusive to the Legacy Pack.
>>
>>6329961
Oh okay thanks. I don't care about the box, in fact i would prefer the regular black series box as that would be easier to look after. Is there a set release or just later this year?
>>
NEW THREAD

>>6327927
>>6327927
>>6327927
Thread posts: 360
Thread images: 69

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.