[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There should be a Free Toy Day. It/they can be whatever they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: 240px-Free_Comic_Book_Day.jpg (19KB, 240x285px) Image search: [Google]
240px-Free_Comic_Book_Day.jpg
19KB, 240x285px
There should be a Free Toy Day. It/they can be whatever they want. We'll still complain about it, but at least we get free toys. What would you want/expect them to give if it were real?
>>
>>6315430
The best you could hope for is a LEGO minifigure
>>
>>6315430
No, there really shouldn't. If they did then it would be really cheap stuff no one wants, like extras from those subscription boxes.
>>
>>6315440
>>6315443
This, pretty much. The hypothetical value of a free comic is like 2 or 3 dollars at best. Are you really bothered about a toy worth that much?

>>6315440
This, pretty much. It's probably the only thing that's worth a couple of dollars that would actually be worth having.
>>
>>6315459
>replying to a quote, then forgetting you did 3 seconds later, and replying to it again
I need to go to bed.
>>
>>6315430
>There should be a Free Toy Day.
>a day where countless grown-ass overweight men pile in front of stores, knocking little kids out of their way as they scramble to save 10 bucks on a Transformer or Star Wars toy
Yeah no I'm sure it'd be great and nobody would regret it at all.
>>
>>6315430
realistically it would be something < $3 like the other anons said, so at best it would be a blind bag figure that you would get to spur your interest...maybe something like any of those Hasbro blind bags that for some reason never show what is actually inside them
>>
It's called Comic Con.
They hand free shit out everywhere like it's water to a dehydrated crowd.
>>
>>6315466
>>6315469
For a few years, maybe it was 2009-2013~ish, Mattel offered a specific ultra cheap Barbie doll for $3 on her "birthday", the rest of the year, stores could charge $12 or $15 or whatever the hell they wanted.

It sounded nice, but realistically scalpers would swoop in and buy the whole fucking stock on $3 day. Then a month later, stores would get in another shipment of these now-incredibly-overpriced super cheapo dolls and try to sell them to recoup the cash lost on the birthday sales.
>>
I feel like if they did this there would be a lot of paper dolls.
>>
File: local comic shop day.jpg (91KB, 515x515px) Image search: [Google]
local comic shop day.jpg
91KB, 515x515px
Free Comic Book Day is already bullshit.

Many stores lose a shit ton of money on them and it's really unsure if it brings in much in terms of new readers.

Most of the books are junk or reprints that tie into some bullshit crossover arc. Plus you got a buncha people who scalp them. Though I can't blame retailers who stash a bunch away for big bucks to recoup losses for all those books.

They may be free to consumers, but the retailers have to pay for all that shit.

Something like Record Store Day with exclusive merch made for that release day that you can buy would be better. They are trying for it with Local Comic Shop Day,
>>
>>6316836
Shit. Last year it seems LCSD had some nice statues even.
>>
>>6315583
>have to pay money to get in
>"free"
Are you retarded? Just wondering
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.