[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ireland toy hunt

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: Flag_of_Ireland.svg.png (3KB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
Flag_of_Ireland.svg.png
3KB, 1200x600px
Long story short
>Will be in Ireland

Where should I go toy hunting?

Are there any Ireland/EU specific toys I should try to keep an eye out for?

Im gonna be mostly around Dublin I think.
>>
File: Leprechaun.jpg (27KB, 342x393px) Image search: [Google]
Leprechaun.jpg
27KB, 342x393px
"Cushla machree! Ye caught me pot o' gold, anon. Now I hasta give ye a wish in exchange for me gold. So what will it be, mortal? Money? Power? Women?"

>"I want an original Transformers G1 Fortress Maximus, mint in box!"

...And that's how you find toys in Ireland.
>>
File: 1490916005618.jpg (56KB, 800x200px) Image search: [Google]
1490916005618.jpg
56KB, 800x200px
>>6311061
Ugh. I live in Cork, gotta level with you. Nothing of interest here. Depends on what you're looking for. The best places for collectables will be comic shops. Dublin has Forbidden Planet along the Liffey, pretty popular British comic chain. Cork has a place called Other Realms which might have a thing or two.
Our two major toy chains are Smyths and Toymaster. Toymaster's flagship store is in Dublin, and there's a big Smyths there too within -20 minutes walking distance. While Smyths is an older chain (I think) Toymaster has an older look to it and will have a lot of older stuff that has gathered dust on the shelves. In my opinion they will have more variety than Smyths and I was up there in January. I was looking for Mega construx sets though.
Belfast will likely have the best variety as most of the British chains like Toyz r Us will be nested up there. Hope this helped faggot.
>>
>>6311061
>well this is a thread I thought I'd never see
Gonna echo most of what this Anon >>6311605 said. Smyths and Toymaster will probably be your best bet. If you're in Dublin try calling in to Subcity comics, too. They're a decent sized shop with some figure merch. They have a much smaller shop in Galway. There's also a toy shop in Galway called the Wooden Heart, it's a small pokey shop full of hand made wooden toys.
>>
>>6311061
Dublin has Forbidden Planet which has a nice selection of things. Got some Robot Damashii and Gunpla from there for a good price, while the FP in London had neither of those things. It's not a bad shop.
>>
Not an Irishman, but I visited Dublin last year and I have to reiterate what the previous anons said about the Dublin Forbidden Planet. As a Britfag who's pretty used to the chain, I walked into said FP expecting it to be the usual shit, but was genuinely surprised at the amount of cool shit they had on sale that I'd previously only seen sold online.

Which I could've spent longer browsing, but I was with my normie friends at the time and wanted to conceal my power level, plus they had other shit to do.
>>
>>6311061
You can only buy so many Mr. Potatoe Head's anon
>>
>>6312562
SubCity jew you out of pretty much every toy desu, they always charge like an extra fiver on neca and the likes. Anything they import like gundam gets marked up a fuckton too. Wouldnt recommend
>>
>>6312885
9/10
>>
File: 1444965550636.gif (929KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1444965550636.gif
929KB, 500x500px
>>6312885

>Live on an island surrounded by fish.
>Die of starvation due to potato blight.
>>
File: FIGURE-026301_03.jpg (89KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
FIGURE-026301_03.jpg
89KB, 600x800px
Is it true that this figure got banned from Ireland for having too much ass?
>>
>>6315553
yes
>>
No,that is utter horse shit..
>>
>>6323386
can confirm it's not true
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.