[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Saint Seiya Myth Cloth

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_0511.jpg (425KB, 1217x973px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0511.jpg
425KB, 1217x973px
Saw it mentioned on another thread and its been a while since we had one of this, even though the line is not in its best time.

Panoramation disscusion included, what figures you have? What you want? What you can't afford?
>>
It's a shame that the Panoramation weren't a tad bigger, but I guess that would make the diorama aspect of the figures way too big.

I'm just waiting for the GT V3 Dragon Shiryu to come out in OCE colors. I just got the Seiya V3 in OCE and its amazing.

I wish bandai would improve the base EX body like GT did.
>>
>>6308197
wish they made more of the not Gold or hero guys
Always wonder about those Silver Knights that get rekt halfway into the show, and the bronze ones you never get to see
>>
>>6308293

The shame is that the line is kinda expensive at times, taking into account that the figures don't have removable armor or diecast.

But they are fine as diorama driven figures.
>>
File: IMG_0513.jpg (428KB, 800x477px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0513.jpg
428KB, 800x477px
>>6308297

There are the secondary bronce saints actually, not the best in the line but they'll do.
>>
File: IMG_0514.jpg (129KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0514.jpg
129KB, 900x675px
>>6308309

And here are some silver saints.
>>
Bump

>>6308293
The GT Bronze Saints really are something else. I bought the TV version Pegasus on a whim since it was cheap, but I wasn't expecting it to be anywhere near as good as it is. They don't quite have the same polish as Bandai's stuff, but they're really well done, especially considering the price.

I wanted to get the OCEs to differentiate them from the original Bandai SCMs that I have, but I was disappointed that they didn't bother to change the eyes from the anime version. Hopefully they change that at some point.
>>
>>6313562
>I was disappointed that they didn't bother to change the eyes from the anime version.

Aww man, I didn't even notice until now.
>>
>>6308197
I don't own any Saint Seiya stuff since the Myth Cloths are a bit much for me, how are the panoramation figures? Their pretty cheap on amazon and I'm waiting for a Libra to be announced. I'm thinking about Gemini or Seiya to start off with.
>>
File: IMG_20170504_210556.jpg (3MB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170504_210556.jpg
3MB, 3120x4160px
>>6313662
Whoops, should've kept my mouth shut
>>
>>6308197
w2c statues like the one in the middle
>>
>Lookup panoramation seiya figure reviews
>ALL of them are in Spanish or Brazil
What's up with latinos and saint seiya?
>>
File: 1492557500014.jpg (47KB, 624x619px) Image search: [Google]
1492557500014.jpg
47KB, 624x619px
>>6314084
It's not just Latinos. It's popular throughout Europe and Asia as well. I think we see the Latin American fanbase more because they're much closer to the US. That being said, spics do fucking love Saint Seiya. I think brown people are somehow genetically predisposed to being into shonenshit, and I say that as a Mexican Saint Seiya fan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ot6str97jrM
>>
>>6314084

It was our childhood, what can I say. We love japanese shit.
>>
>>6314084
Yeah, I hear you. The only Saint Seiya sites that have actual news about the figures are all in spanish.

I didn't realize how small the English speaking SS fanbase was until I started trying to collect myth cloth.

It probably has to do with the American dub being really fucking bad, If they had just kept the censoring down to a Funimation DBZ level I think it could have been moderately successful.
>>
>>6314121
>It probably has to do with the American dub being really fucking bad, If they had just kept the censoring down to a Funimation DBZ level I think it could have been moderately successful.
Believe me, there was more than just the censoring that was bad.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svBbL5eoGfw
>>
File: 1452641290692.jpg (141KB, 620x537px) Image search: [Google]
1452641290692.jpg
141KB, 620x537px
>>6314084
Same reason the Simpsons are popular there.
A lot of people grew up watching because there was nothing else to watch on spanish TV and the local dub made it extra special.
>>6314179
Jesus Christ.
>>
>>6308197
>What you want?
EX versions of the V1 and V3.

I bought the 3P ones I could find (LCM V1 Cygnus and Phoenix, GT V3 Seiya) but it looks like the V1 will never be finished and Seiya is impossible to find.
>>
>>6308293
Hate to bother, but what KO company would you generally recommend? Metal Club?

I'd do research myself, but a lot of reviews are not English unsurprisingly.
>>
>>6314210
Not him, but Great Toys is a really good one, although their offerings are limited to the Gold God Cloths and the V3 Bronze Saints at the moment. I've never owned any of Metal Club's offerings, but I've heard good things about them too. It kind of depends what you want out of the figures, since a lot of the brands differ (some have metal parts, some are all plastic, some require assembly like a model kit, etc). If you're looking for one that comes with its object mode, you're kinda SOOL since most of the bootleg companies don't even bother with that.
>>
>>6308197
I have 40 figures of the classic myth cloth line, never make the jump to the EX line as they will never bring some characters like the god warriors from Asgard, and all the Hades specters.
>>
>>6314533
>all the Hades specters.
>thinking bandai would ever consider the 108 faggots
be thankful we got valentine, the dude in the boat and just recently, balrog besides the judges
>>
>>6314584
I'm not talking about all the 108, just about the ones that we get in the classic line that we will never see in the EX line.
>>
>>6315363

I'd be happy if they finish releasing Minos and Aiacos. But I feel they've been canceled.
>>
>>6314210
Metal Club is 10/10, I think they have a different name now like S-Temple or something. They have done all the gold saints sans Libra, I think they did a few Soul of Golds too.

Great Toys is even better as they actually are doing stuff Bandai hasn't yet, the changes they did to the EX body were great. They are in the process of doing all the V3 bronze saints in EX and the soul of gold KOs as well. They just teased the divine bronze saints in EX as well.

With these KO companies you should make sure you are buying them from legit sellers from AliExpress as sometimes they have the occasional QC issues along the lines of a factory worker putting 2 left skirt pieces, so you want them to have your back when finding you replacement pieces. Sellers like CMT are legit as they actually check inside to make sure all the pieces are there.
>>
>>6314084
Saint Seiya is what started the Anime Boom in Latin America, it was popular before but after Saint Seiya they started to bring a shitload of it.

So think of it as essentially as the DBZ of LatinAmerica that made everyone a weeabo since we had never seen story arcs, violence, and stakes in cartoons before. DBZ is also huge in latin america but it was SS that began it.
>>
I've been out of the loop with saint seiya since the EX gold saints so a few years now.

How are the panorama figures? I'd like to own Camus and sell my EX Camus since I don't have space for it.

What are the GT figures?
>>
>>6315511
>What are the GT figures?

Great Toys is a Chinese company that does makes KOs of myth cloth, and their own original versions like EX V3 bronze saints with a better base body.

Another poster explains them above.
>>
>>6315444
>>6314495
Happy to know, thanks!
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.