[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Skilltoy General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 123
Thread images: 29

Because when I was a kid I actually played with toys instead of staring at them.

Kendama, Begleri, Balisong, Diabolo, Yoyo, Kururin, Penspinning, Cardistry, etc. What do you play with?

>What is x?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kendama
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Begleri
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balisong
etc.

Personally, I'm stuck in roll hell, trying to figure out laddering with a begleri. Rolls freak me out because you have to let go of the entire toy for a good half a second, and in this time it usually flies across the room, instead of looping around my finger like it should. I'll get it eventually. Just gotta throw the thing across the room another fifty or so times.

I also got a kururin recently for fun, and it turns out it's much, much harder than any video makes it look. I thought there would be no skill element. Turns out it only flips like that if you do everything absolutely perfectly.
>>
You don't have to be a cunt about it.
>>
>>6307619
That's fair, it was pretty out of line, I just didn't have any other distinguishing hook to go with.
>>
Currently obsessed with yoyoing, also have a kendama I play with from time to time.
Got a YYJ Classic Pro and a Terra Pill coming in the mail tomorrow so those should be fun.
Also thinking about making some Begleri since it reminds me a lot of penspinning which I did a shitton of in school.
>>
>>6310169
I highly recommend begleri, it's my #1 skilltoy. It can be used absolutely anywhere, you can make them entirely by hand, and they're just so much fun to spin round and round without even focusing on it. It's also the only skilltoy you can freely take into/use in places that need to stay serious and quiet. Unless you're slinging Titans, which are almost louder than using a kendama...

I also recently got a Pill, and it's fun. It is good training wheels for spiking, but there are also do many other tricks you can do with it, and they're very difficult. I'm pretty obsessed with trying to get at least a couple of them down.
>>
I've been planning on make ng a befleri out of two large nuts I have laying around (it's fine, my knuckles will survive). And making a monkeys fist one when I have more time.

But I haven't gotten around D to either of those so I went to Amazon expecting g to find two beads and a piece of string for a buck fifty only to find that the cheapo plastic ones are $8+

So fuck that,. I'll just wait around till I do stumble across some string and two pebbles in the same place.
>>
File: 20170503_112640-1.jpg (3MB, 2236x2236px) Image search: [Google]
20170503_112640-1.jpg
3MB, 2236x2236px
Show me whatcha got boys
>>
File: 20170503_123725.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20170503_123725.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
>>6311086
How are you liking the Pill?
>>
>>6311187
It's a ton of fun and way easier to carry around than my kendama
probably gonna stick that and a yoyo in my bag from now on
>>
File: AerobieOrbiter_L2.jpg (104KB, 499x472px) Image search: [Google]
AerobieOrbiter_L2.jpg
104KB, 499x472px
>>6307615
Just got one of these. Does it count? I can't figure the fucking thing out. In 2 hours, I managed to catch it twice. It's still a lot of fun to watch it fly, but it would be cool if I could actually catch the fucker.

I'm thinking of making my own cross-stick boomerang. It looks easy enough. Just a lot of sanding.
>>
>>6311241
That is definitely a skilltoy, probably more difficult than most. Especially on account of having to go get it every time. That drove me mad as a kid.

Keep going persistently, and eventually the seemingly impossible will just casually fall into place, is the most important thing I've learned. Do post a vid when you get it.
>>
>>6311237
Have you done any of the weird tricks on it, such as cap flipping and cap balancing? All I've been able to do so far it's spike, reverse spike and swing spike.
>>
>>6311378
I can pull spike, swing spike, side spike, and cap flip so far
trying to get downspike on lock now
>>
Anyone know a good source for high quality smooth paracord for begleri?

I keep ending up with shitty paracord that's too stiff, frays along the length, etc. whenever I try to buy anything in bulk, so I end up stuck with the handful of lengths my begleris have come with, which will eventually run out.
Specifically, I've never found a good 325. Good 550 actually appears to be plentiful, but I don't prefer the stuff.
>>
>>6311853
You might be better with a nylon cord for making your begleri, the same stuff they use for clothsline if you don't like 550.

What's a good weight for begleri. About to make a couple. Do I need to go to home depot to find some decent masses?
>>
>>6313181
You're going to want a set that weighs a minimum of 25 grams, and a maximum of 35. Probably closer to the minimum to start with. These are really just suggestions - there's an ease of use threshold that basically means that anything below 20 grams will just fly around aimlessly with no user control, but otherwise you can probably technically sling an 80g set, if you're nuts. The only significant downside of going high is that you'll get accustomed and then start losing the ability to keep control at lower weights.

I never ended up finding good masses myself, and eventually gave up and purchased professional ones. My initial set was way too light. The most important thing, I can now confidently say, is the metal. When looking through hardware store masses, try to work out if something's brass, for example - a heavier metal than most, and a good pick - common enough that you may actually find some, and pretty great. Aluminum is of course a little lighter than you'd like unless it's in the perfect thick shape, and titanium is perfection if you can find it.
>>
trying to get some flashy binds down with my metal throw
really not a great idea
>>
>>6313864
nice thanks for the suggestions.

anyone have pics of begleris they own to get an idea?
>>
File: 20170505_171758.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20170505_171758.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
>>6314735
Weights arranged from left to right, probably. Second and third are literally identical.

You'll notice that the first and fourth are the same model but one is heavier. That's because it has extra stainless steel weights sitting inside of each bead, as I pulled out so you can see them. That's a neat trick a couple begleri companies do.

Names and metals, left to right:
MonkeyfingeR Kokonutz, aluminum
Aroundsquare Hydras, Titanium (2 of them)
MonkeyfingeR Kokonutz, aluminum with ss "monkey bars"
Aroundsquare Titans, Titanium (these are 34g and pretty much what I would consider the heaviest sane begleri, you could probably maim someone if you lost control of these)
>>
>>6314886
I'm kinda curious, with the begleri that aren't secured to the ends, are there tricks that slide them all to one side?
>>
>>6315042
Here ya go:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BRYaFbfgfpl/

Disclaimer: I believe the guy who did it is resigned to the fact that he may never get lucky enough to pull it off again. Shifting balance is incredibly, incredibly difficult.
>>
Anyone know some good tutorial videos for penspinning, and good trainers for it?
>>
>>6316657
KTrinh93 has some good ones on youtube, they're what I used to get the basics down
Don't quite get what you mean by trainers though, like training routines?
>>
File: HTB1uMIDKVXXXXbxXpXXq6xXFXXXP.jpg (122KB, 850x850px) Image search: [Google]
HTB1uMIDKVXXXXbxXpXXq6xXFXXXP.jpg
122KB, 850x850px
>>6316679
By trainer I mean object that one trains with instead of an actual pen. I've seen lots of them online and don't know which is reputable.

Arguably it's uneeded and I should just use a pen, but these look pretty comfy.
>>
I love getting a begleri trick down with my left hand too. It's especially great to sync up both hands and do it simultaneously in each.
>>
>>6317196
Truthfully I started out with a wooden pencil. The extra length and shape of it was helpful when twirling, then I gradually stepped up to a pen.
>>
File: thumb-chucks-55733-2b.jpg (40KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
thumb-chucks-55733-2b.jpg
40KB, 800x800px
Who uses Thumb Chucks branded begleri?

They're much more difficult to use than regular begleri, in my opinion. They had to be unmanageably large because you can't sell something as toy if it has removable parts that are that small, apparently.

They do light up and bounce, two things regular begleri don't do, and they're $6 USD, so they're certainly an interesting choice of sling. Potentially a great gift if someone is interested in begleri but not actually that interested, or if they're interested but they're only a kid. Gotta say, I'm thinking of gifting a friend some begleri soon, and I think I wouldn't be so tacky as to get him these and instead just give him some aluminum natty hydras, but I guess if I were doing the same for like my sister who could totally get bored with it, they'd be cool.

Also worth noting that they must be pretty fantastic at music events/raves, with the lighting up and stuff. So that at least is a point for them.
>>
the temptation to buy more yoyos is too great
>>
File: bleybley.jpg (81KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
bleybley.jpg
81KB, 600x900px
>>6307615
hehh, you call that a skilltoy
*rips behind you*
nothing personal kai
I bet your crusty wodden ball in a cuck ain't even got 8x spinning speed due to the double length rip chord and running jump, flip technique of the bley.
>>
>>6326256
I mean hey, if you can do a cool trick with a beyblade then it's totally a fucking skilltoy, go nuts memer.
>>
>>6307615
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Begleri
This looks fun

Is rolling a a coin across your knuckles a skilltoy? Can we make /stg/ a staple general on /toy?
>>
File: cameringo_20170512_163413.gif (3MB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
cameringo_20170512_163413.gif
3MB, 480x640px
>>6326985
Begleri is the best, it's my skilltoy of choice. You can take it anywhere and sling for days.

The coin thing is a good point, it's probably under the umbrella of general object prestidigitation and closely related to penspinning. Not sure if I've ever met anyone who does it as their main thing.

I would absolutely love to keep up a /STG/ regularly. I think I'll try to. It's not going to be that hard on such a slow board, surely.
>>
>>6325989
I feel you bro. It hurts even more when you're poor.
>>
>>6328123
I don't know what a general would accomplish but hell I'll help bump it. They have one for every other toy you can think of, why not this one.
>>
>>6325989
What yoyos do you currently have?
>>
>>6330049
2 Oracles
Sage
YYF Flight
YYJ Classic Pro
YYF Shutter
Onedrop Terrarian

I ended up buying a Skyva, Freehand Pro, and a Replay Pro lol
>>
>>6330112
What sorts of tricks do you do with them? The whole yoyo craze kinda went straight past me when I was a kid, honestly I'm not even sure what serious users and capable of.
>>
>>6330364
I mostly do string tricks (1a) and offsetting play (4a) although recently I made a makeshift counter weight for freehand play and have been learning that
I tried learning 2a which is 2 handed looping but that shit is really hard to get proficient at
>>
>>6330364
Youtube up "Yoyo World Championship nA", there are 5 styles.
>1A (Single Yoyo)
>2A (Two Looping Yoyos)
>3A (Two Yoyos)
>4A (Yoyo not attached to string)
>5A (Yoyo with a counterweight on the other end of string)
>>
>>6332492
Wait, yoyos not attached to a string? Is it even a yoyo at that point?
>>
>>6333900
It's very similar to a diabolo.
Would you still call unresponsive/non-looping yoyos yoyos?
>>
Anybody has any suggestions where to buy yoyos in Europe without paying a buttload for shipping? I'm aware of yoyostore and YoyoRewind, and I've already gotten enough Magic yoyos from ebay and ali already. Now I'm looking to get some Duncans or YYF's.
>>
>>6316657
Freeman is a Spanish guy (who i have talked to several times) who has tutorials for most of the tricks used in penspinning. He also is a pretty outstanding penspinner himself.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLB7BD72DEE78FFE81
>>
>>6317196
The best you can do is start with a lightweight pen (any less than 14 grams is kind of okay). I'd also encourage making it so its momentum is low, aka, its weight is not mostly on the tips of the pen.
God i suck at English, but i hope you got my point
>>
I never knew how fun a begleri, even a homemade one, can be. Even if you're not learning tricks, it's still fun to sling. Even therapeutic in a way.
>>
>>6334451
>its weight is not mostly on the tips of the pen.
I thought people usually mod weights to both of the tips?
>>
>>6334645
Yeah, I like to infinitely loop around-the-worlds with my begleri when I'm bored to relieve stress, slowly, one step at a time, focusing on the steps instead of finesse or speed. It's very relaxing.
>>
>>6335275
Indeed, they do, but if you learn to do smoothly without any weight on the tips you'll have absolutely no problem doing it with weight on them, and you'll find it much easier.
tl;dr: less weight to git gud
>>
>>6307615
Weird to see a thread about Begleri now. I got into Begleri like 2-3 weeks ago. Idk how I never heard about this stuff before, I've been a lifeguard for a decade and always spun my whistle around while working, this just feels like a natural progression from that.
>>
I didn't believe everyone when they said that spiking was twice as easy as the little cup on a Kendama, but damn, they were right. I can spike for days. Some days I can't little cup at all.
>>
>>6336016
explain please
>>
>>6336563
Kendama is that thing in the OP pic that isn't a begleri. It's a Japanese take on a ball-and-cup, except it's rather ingeniously three cups and one spike, the spike fitting into a small hole on a specific entry point on the ball. So to spike you have to align these perfectly in midair.

Thing is, keeping a ball in a cup that's realistically too small for it is harder than you'd think. It's extremely hard. Especially considering that it's on the opposite side of the big cup, which you normally have in position, so you've got to involve some motion to get it to the other side as well... certainly nowhere near impossible, anyone with decent experience can do it with their eyes closed, but it's the hardest one. Even harder than the cup on the handle.
Everyone assumes that getting a thin spike into a tiny hole in midair without throwing off their alignment even a little must be the hard part, because it's the only part that isn't just dropping a ball onto a solid surface. But actually? It's kind of a cakewalk with even minor practice. The great thing about it is that it cannot roll right back off again, unlike with a cup. Once it's in, it's in. So if you get the finesse of the move down, you'll almost always succeed.
It's interesting to me how this averts all expectations.
>>
>>6335659
Just remember to order lots more paracord online, because nearby water + begleri = frayed cords in a week.
>>
>>6336630
make sure to cushion the ball when it goes into the cups
that's what helped me smooth out my cup catches
>>
>>6337015
I already bought a few hundred feet of 550 and 325 grade paracord. Been playing around with the different sizes and number of cores for different weights
>>
File: 20161128_184059.jpg (2MB, 2988x5312px) Image search: [Google]
20161128_184059.jpg
2MB, 2988x5312px
Haven't seen any balis here yet.
>>
File: 20161214_152852.jpg (452KB, 1328x747px) Image search: [Google]
20161214_152852.jpg
452KB, 1328x747px
>>
File: Snapchat-5643088222447187480.jpg (886KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-5643088222447187480.jpg
886KB, 1440x2560px
>>
File: 20170128_115743.jpg (4MB, 2976x2976px) Image search: [Google]
20170128_115743.jpg
4MB, 2976x2976px
>>
>>6337562
>>6337564
>>6337739
>>6337741
Nice. Wish I could Bali, live in the middle of DC though so there aren't many places I safely could.
>>
>>6338644
It's still legal to own. I live in Cali, but I still carry mine. Just be smart about it.
>>
>>6338707
Nowhere to practice, though. Usually people seem to do it in areas where you'll drop it into grass/dirt, which makes sense. I don't want to break a wooden floor.
>>
>>6339925
Do it over your bed or some carpet
>>
File: IMG_5057.jpg (67KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5057.jpg
67KB, 750x750px
God, look at these beauties.
Everyman begleri made of damascus steel.
Imagining those grained, heavy beads really makes me want to pull the trigger... but they're $80, because they were handmade without machining. That's twice what any other high end begleri on the market costs. Ugh.
I'll probably go for it someday.
People will know what to get me for Christmas.
>>
File: AC9HMQB.jpg (1MB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
AC9HMQB.jpg
1MB, 2688x1520px
>>6340254
Dude they are fuckin slick, I got mine yesterday. They feel great in the had, smooth but slightly rough at the same time.
The others are a cheap copper pair from TGPbegleri that I love and have beaten the shit out of. I apologize for the lighting, it's 3am and I have shit options for lighting at the moment.
>>
>>6313864
>a set that weighs a minimum of 25 grams, and a maximum of 35
Is the 25-35 range for a bead or a pair of beads?
>>
>>6341190
The pair/the set.
I list them that way because a begleri typically has anywhere from 2-6 beads, so saying "I have a 28g set as my daily carry" is a lot simpler than saying "Each of my beads is 7g, but I use titanium Hydras, so there's 2 on each side, for a total of 4×7=28"
>>
Thinking about getting CLYWs Dune as my next purchase
Anyone here play with one? I'm kind of apprehensive about buying a yoyo for 90+ dollars but it looks real good.
>>
Poi for life.

I'm assuming all props are included in this category? Staves, hoops? They're all toys
>>
>>6345577
Yeah, for sure.
What's being used in that pic?
>>
>>6345577
I kinda wanna start learning poi again
>>
>>6345577
I was at a rave one time and saw some guy doing this. Thought it was just autistic swirling with glowsticks. He was pretty decent at it though.
>>
When your technique game is weak but your aerial game is strong:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BUsFjeLFOMP/
>>
File: Sv9DnlW.jpg (745KB, 2322x4128px) Image search: [Google]
Sv9DnlW.jpg
745KB, 2322x4128px
Actually planned what I'll be slinging on the 10th.
...Yeah I bought a new set for this.
Someone stop me.

For real, though, the 6-bead design is something I hadn't tried before and I'm surprisingly totally loving it. I was hesitant because it seemed like they'd get in the way, but they don't, really. I totally recommend these.
>>
>>6326256

I lold so hard I farted assburgers!
>>
File: images (2).jpg (7KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
7KB, 300x168px
Ran into the sort of kid who his parents trained to be sociable with strangers in a Starbucks, he introduced himself and immediately asked what I was doing, so I explained Begleri and taught him a couple tricks because he was really eager to learn.

He said it was really hard, much harder than Spinners, but that he definitely wanted to get a begleri and learn to improve. He then pulled out one of those mass produced plastic spinners and pulled off several finger and hand transfers in a row without faltering, which was actually really impressive.

I didn't really realize that spinners as a skilltoy had taken off at all, I thought all the kids were just... holding them. Worth considering, I guess. Certainly cheap for a skilltoy, with how mass produced they are now. Not sure I'd do it myself because of the stigma of the demonized things, but, you know, give it a while I guess.

Creepy tie dye man included because that's what you get when you google spinner tricks.
>>
>>6311086
Is that a yoyojam?

>tfw yyj is a thing of the past :^(
>>
>>6311241
These are nice boomerangs,but I've found them more difficult to get back to me than my other ones.
Like they are more sensetive to tiiiny differences in throwing force/angle etc.
>>
>>6354094
yeah it's a classic pro
probably my favorite plastic throw alongside the skyva
>>
>>6354167
I've been "out of it"for a while but yyj made some very nice plastic throws.
their celcon plastic yoyos are especially nice.
Metal rimmed ones like the speed(2) too.
>>
File: IMG_1045.jpg (1MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1045.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
These are my working ones, I have a jumbo kendama but it was too big to fit inside of the photo..
>>
>>6354772
Have the exact same magicyoyo.
Real good shit
>>
>>6354772
A kendama so big you can't even fit in the photo? How the heck do you use something like that?
>>
>>6355573
I know right? I have had it for two years..
>>6355670
I just couldn't fit it inside the photo to make it look nice, and like, 3-4 years ago I was messing with it, and my girlfriend held the ball to see how heavy it was, then after she was done it just swung in between meh legs.....

>ouch.jpeg
>>
>>6354772
what does the pill looking thing do exactly? Is it like a begleri in a way?
>>
>>6358519
It's a variant of kendama. Literally called the pill. People say it's a bit easier than kendama itself.
>>
>>6358536
Specifically, I believe it was designed to be more of a one-trick pony - all it really does is spike, and thanks to the shape of the hole, etc, it's incredibly easy to spike with it.
There aren't any cups or anything.

If you're using it because you like it in its own right instead of just as a trainer, though, you'll probably learn the other couple things it can do, like cap balances, which are pretty neat
>>
Do rubiks cubes count?
>>
There was this toy I used to play with back when I was a kid that was similar to clackers, but it had three balls (one on each end and one in the middle, all in neon yellow) and you could do tricks with them. One of my tutors gave them to me, but I lost it and can't remember the name of them

anyone have an idea of what they are? my tutor used to go crazy with it and do all sort of cool things with it
>>
>>6360118
sounds like astrojax
>>
>>6359992
That's an interesting question. Normally skilltoy means physical skill, but cubing is such a crazy skill I'd be inclined to say it's in there.
>>
Yoyorecreation Mystery Bags on sale for yoyo day :o
bought the second tier, hoping to get some good throws
>>
Public Service Announcement for begleri slingers:

10% of all humans are allergic to nickel.
Nickel is used as a hardening agent in lots of metal products. While in their pure forms, all other metals are fine, there are a lot of metals that are never sold pure because they're extremely soft.
Copper, for example.
Also, silver, sometimes brass, and even Damascus steel.
There are others.
What I'm trying to say is, make sure you don't have this allergy before getting allergenic begleri.
Begleri need to be hard, so no, that copper in them is almost definitely not pure, and your hands are gonna break out.
Same goes for metal spinners.
Thank you.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
kendama/balisong/footbag gang
>>
File: 866887.png (5KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
866887.png
5KB, 205x246px
>tfw no yoyo general
>>
>>6365661
this general allows yoyo boys
>>
>>6353813
My little brother was really into fidget spinners. Had like 10 of them that all seemed to be the same thing just with visual differences. He could do some basic tricks like the finger transfer things and whatnot but I got the feeling that it was all pretty one note.

Ended up showing him the bagleri I had made and used for a while and he took to it really well so I just gave it to him and made another. He had it with him pretty much whenever I saw him until he made his own with some metal nuts.

I think fidget spinners appeal is that they're at the absolute bottom of the list for skill/entry floor. Anyone can do it the moment they pick them up but after that there's just not much to it.
>>
>>6365661
Do come in and talk about yoyos! It seems like most people in this thread are into them as well - you've found home.

Drop your collection :)
>>
Would starting with an unresponsive yoyo be a really bad idea? I was planning to buy the yoyojam classic since it seems pretty highly recommended and also upgradable into unresponsive but it doesn't really seem to exist in that form anymore and the only option is the pro that's already "upgraded"
>>
>>6366944
personally I think responsive yoyos are a great starter point for someone with absolutely no yoyo experience but if you know at least how to throw a yoyo correctly(front and breakaway throw), and maybe something like rock the baby or walk the dog then getting an unresponsive wouldn't be a bad idea, you'd just have to spend a few hours on learning how to bind (which is really easy once you have the concept in your head)
there are also yoyos that let you choose the response setting with a dial, or just by switching out bearings.
>>
>>6366944
You can try the sage. It's really cheap, like 10 dollars or something. Like >>6367000 if you've never even actually thrown before you'd probably responsive would be preferable so you can really get the basic motions down.

Really you'll want to have both available to you anyways. I'd say just buy a cheap one of each until you get a feel for what kind of style you might be interested in and then go from there. Should run you less than 30 bucks to get started when it's all said and done.
>>
so glad to see people talking about yoyos here on the chan. I tried to talk about it a bit back but no one cared. Anyways there was just a sick yoyo contest in california called BAC you guys should look it up
>>
>>6366944
go to toys r us and by the new freehand pro. when you want it to be unresponsive buy some new strings a bearing and some new pads off of YYE and you will be set. I have been throwing for a long time and haven't been able to put this thing down
>>
I'm going to have to post some of my collection in a bit. Check out my yoyo company dudes edenyoyos.com
>>
>>6354772
used to have the t8, gave it to a friend as a gift when i moved and got a shutter after i got some work here, magicyoyo is severely underrated. just ordered an n12 to check out all the rave about it
>>
File: 20170609_212638.jpg (982KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20170609_212638.jpg
982KB, 2048x1152px
>>
File: IMG_1046.jpg (1MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1046.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
>>6367144

Update us when you get the n12, and how does the shutter work for you and do you have any pics of it?
>>
>>6367050
I think this is where the General format really helps. You probably wouldn't have enough people to keep a yoyo-only thread going, but us begleri slingers, poi twirlers, etc. have been keeping the thread warm for you, and now I'm really fascinated by what you're all talking about.
>>
>>6359992
Speedcubing counts imo. Non-speedcubing still requires skill, but not in terms of dexterity or stuff like other skill toys, I don't know if cubing fits into the normal convention for "skilltoys".

>>6367000
>let you choose the response setting with a dial
Which compromises its performance as either responsive or nonresponsive most of the time. Switching bearings is acceptable, but then you don't 2 yoyos ;^)
Just get a budget responsive if you're not sure if you'll like it (responsive) as much down the road. A nonresponsive (either budget or pricier options) is pretty much needed for "modern" tricks.
>>
>>6367628
my shutter was the pic above your post, it's a b-grade pink/green its currently my only yoyo, i had a boss that i lent to a friend while he is starting out. the shutter plays very well despite being b-grade and having a bit of vibe i was able to tune it out easily, it's decent for finger spins but you have to be accurate when landing in the smaller hole. overall for $45 its a popular throw that i think most people should have in their collection. ill post a few pics and save my name for the next thread since im waiting 12-20 days on the n12 off AliExpress.
>>
File: 20170610_122623.jpg (690KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20170610_122623.jpg
690KB, 2048x1152px
>>6368085
1/3
>>
File: 20170610_122629.jpg (668KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20170610_122629.jpg
668KB, 2048x1152px
>>6368090
2/3
>>
File: 20170610_122633.jpg (626KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20170610_122633.jpg
626KB, 2048x1152px
>>6368091
3/3
>>
File: file.png (585KB, 528x720px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
585KB, 528x720px
I love my One Drop Prescription, I'd recommend it to everyone considering it!
>>
seems like the yoyo boys are out and about. what tricks are you working on?
I'm trying to get the first hop on spirit bomb down
>>
>>6369317
magic drop and Ann connelys double green triangle
>>
File: 7830601-1.jpg (20KB, 960x520px) Image search: [Google]
7830601-1.jpg
20KB, 960x520px
Currently waiting for a set of begleri from FastTech that cost $2.02.
>pic

Apparently a smaller version by the same guys is 23g, and pretty good, according to a friend, so this'll be heavier, logically, and as long as it's real brass and hits ~25g or more, it'll be good enough for newbies to use.

If so, I'm gonna immediately purchase 10 more.

I'll then always keep one on me in addition to my normal EDC, and pass it out to whoever asks for a demonstration. (Which is an average of several people a week, actually.) Because this always happens: I pull out my secondary beg for someone to try, run them through a move, and then they seem disappointed when I have to take it back. This way they get to keep it.

Yeah, I know, I could hand out handmade sets, that'd be even cheaper. Those would be made of hardware store nuts, though, and I kinda want it to look like an actual definite, bonafide begleri that was never anything else, to make it feel cooler to the recipient. The cooler the object, the more likely they'll wanna give it a try, right?
>>
>>6337739
that a real model 42?
>>
>>6366944
The recess first base is the best starter imho
>>
>>6373129
Oh wow anon thanks for the recommendation. I had never heard of that one before and still hadn't decided. That seems to be exactly what I'm looking for, and it looks a lot nicer (design wise) than the others I was contemplating.
>>
File: 20170615_162737.jpg (2MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20170615_162737.jpg
2MB, 4128x2322px
Really loving the Flyaway Toys Neptunes. They're very smooth, resilient, designed with comfort in mind, a good 28g, and only $35. Perfect intro set, and also definitely something veterans should try as well.
>>
Where are the best beginner Bali tutorials?
>>
>>6380658
CalviNNation is pretty good, he does slow mo and shows tons of angles
Thread posts: 123
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.