[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

COOL ZORD-STYLE MECHA TOYS GENERAL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7

File: Vavel.jpg (61KB, 724x528px) Image search: [Google]
Vavel.jpg
61KB, 724x528px
SHOW ME THE ZORDS, ALL OF THEM!

any franchise, I just want to see your awesome looking pull apart and combine into bigger bots toys! (No transformers please!)

I currently am in love with the Giant saver space deleter Mechazords, but I would love to see more cool zord-style mecha! and not just the OG MMPR/2017MMPR/VOLTRON ones, show me some less well known cool stuff! especially the japanese/chinese versions over american KO level crap, I have NO nostalgia for zords beyond the solar train one from mystic force.

and they don't have to be more than two to combine, but they need to have an alt mode of some sort, look cool and/or pull apart to recombine into a kaiju killer giant robot.

gimmicks can be fun, but please don't make me complete teh toyline to enjoy all of it, three zords max to maximize fun.
>>
come on, I know there are some sweet looking zord type toys out there beyond the giant saver space deleter and the Gokaiger mechs! show me cool variants of zords and cool sords! and tell me why!
>>
>>6307550
chill man, it's early on a monday morning and /toy/ is a pretty damn slow board in general.
>>
Anyone?
>>
There was a similar thread a day ago that also petered out:
>>6301791
I think the unfortunate thing is that despite all the interesting things coming out the fact that Chinese toys can be so dubious(a lot getting KOS as soona s they are released) and information is murky, a lot of people are hesitant to jumpon them. and other things, like 3P Transformers, have their own dedicated thread.
>>
File: BA92023lg.jpg (131KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
BA92023lg.jpg
131KB, 500x500px
You're gonna want to look at old 70's super robots for the best examples of non Super Sentai/Power Rangers combining robots (but you should really look at some of the older Sentai robos too, cause they're great).

Basically look up the Soul of Chogokin line. Any super robot worth its salt has gotten a Soul of Chogokin at this point. Granted these are expensive pieces, but even the most expensive SOC is cheap compared to the going rate for the original vintage toys.
>>
File: 1492960550540.jpg (44KB, 750x573px) Image search: [Google]
1492960550540.jpg
44KB, 750x573px
>Zords
>>
>>6307508
>Zords
This is a bait thread, right? Nobody with an appropriately-named pic of Vavel would still call mecha Zords.
>>
>>6308790
>>6308616

I was after zord style mechs, since gundam mecha are different, as are transformers combiners, and i can find plenty of info there to find something besides RAD or battle engine aquila toys. Easy enough.

Zords however, or sentai mecha or whatever the other terms are, i can not find much info on, so far i have found that those giant saver toys from the other thread, wildforce/gao ranger and the black and red RPM japanese mech (of which i fail to find the name of.) Are ones that look cool.

>>6308613
This one is a little TOO tin robot-y for my taste, but not bad.

I also never said it had to be NON sentai/PR, sentai/PR mecha would be fine too.

Anyone else have suggestions?
>>
File: WF000B11.jpg (89KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
WF000B11.jpg
89KB, 540x960px
>>6308821
Well for info on the various Sentai Robos, this wiki page is a good starting point:

http://powerrangers.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Giant_Robo

Outside of Sentai, combining robots really were a thing of the 70's with fewer examples appearing past that.

The 80's was the real start of the "real robot" phenomenon. Gundam, Macross, things of that nature. Even a combiner of the 80's like Dancouga had a lot of real robot influence going on with it.

The main combining robots of the 90's belonged to Takara's Brave franchise, which began once the Transformers franchise went into a lull following Transformers Victory and Zone. You should definitely look into those.

Some examples of more recent combining robots would be Aquarion and Gravion. Gravion, sadly, has no combining toys at this time aside from some VERY expensive (and tiny) resin "toys" from Studio Half-Eye, which were produced some years ago now.

However it looks like we're getting a Metamor-Force Gravion which has me pretty excited.
>>
Heey, the engine dai shogun mech set looks cool!

>200-500 burgerbucks

Is there another option for this set? I hate the standard/rpm deco.
>>
>>6308889
I assume you're checking out Ebay? Don't. Unless a collector is auctioning something from their personal collection Ebay is generally a poor means of getting Sentai robos and other hard-to-find Japanese toys. Lots of scalper sellers.

http://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1054898922&ref=dos

Mandarake however is great (provided you know how to search for items using Japanese search terms). For convenience, here's a link to a listing for Dai Shogun.
>>
>>6309133
Ooh, thanks! Got a listing for gaogod by any chance?

Or giant saver toys, (but that is unlikely)

Also is there any guide to buying from mandarake i could follow perhaps?
>>
>>6307550
What the hell even IS that robot?!?
>>
>>6309137
http://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1061974627&ref=dos Here's a listing for Gao God, which is from the same store. In this case both items are coming from their Complex store.

This is important, as Mandarake actually has several storefronts scattered throughout Japan. If you order items on Mandarake from different storefronts, you'll have to pay shipping charges on each of them. When searching for items you can narrow your search to specific storefronts if you like. When you order items from Mandarake, you're actually putting in a "request". Mandarake then takes a couple days to gather your items from the storefront and package them for shipping. When the time comes, you receive a payment request and that's that.

But that's IF the items are actually in stock. When something is listed as a "Store Front Item", that means it's actually available for anyone to buy who walks into the physical store in Japan. Mandarake updates its inventory regularly, but there are definitely cases where you can order something online and receive an email a couple days later informing you that your item was already sold. Stinks, but that's how it goes.

Additionally, if there's one item in the order that you REALLY want and don't care so much about the others, you can choose to have the whole order cancelled if a particular item is not in stock.

The only "store" this doesn't apply to is SAHRA, which appears to be web-only warehouse. Unlike the other stores, there's no waiting for a payment request or stock check or anything like that. You pay for the items and shipping charges right then and there.

Payment can be processed via credit card or Paypal. I recommend Paypal just because not all credit cards play nice with foreign vendors for whatever reason.

Also I couldn't find Space Deleter stuff, but then I've got no clue how to search for Chinese toys on a Japanese website.
>>
>>6309149
Thank ye!
>>
What kind of aesthetic do you like in your combining robots anon? Do you like them to be a somewhat uniformally-colored robot that breaks up into cohesive pieces or somethibg approaching a multicolored clusterfuck of sentai glory?

If the former then you should definitely look at the old sentai mechs - Dynarobo, Biorobo and Sun Vulcan are great starters. They can be very expensive though.

The latter is much more easily affordable and just as fun, although your mileage may vary on whether you get into their themes. I know it took me a while to get into Zyuohger.
>>
Let me tell you about motherfuckin Biklonz, my dude.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzrgkmSDAK0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5wrSOMYayY
>>
File: Biklonz.jpg (125KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Biklonz.jpg
125KB, 1024x768px
>>6310654
Forgot image.
>>
File: bikloz 2.jpg (437KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
bikloz 2.jpg
437KB, 1600x1600px
>>6310655

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuqGMybNL54
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKbc1mtsvJg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDCM1KyqSnI

The other set I know of off the top of my head which most to be consider not as good as the Mega Beast one.

I definitely plan on getting at least the two Mega Beast sets.
>>
>>6310648
I like the systems to look good in most modes, but combined form has to look cohesive, not like someone strapped bits together to make a human shape.

Basically if the robot looks cool and has distinct alt modes that are not "totally not a robot bit on a cart man" OR it is cool vehicles like thunderbirds or similar large scale vehicles or robotic creatures.
>>
>>6310655
>>6310675
>>6310654

Nice animal robots, but the combined modes seem a little, clunky designwise, like someone forgot about making the legs go places during transformation
>>
Bemp
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.