[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Banned toys

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

Do you know any more toys that were banned for any reason?
>>
>>6304408
Were they banned for being strong enough to kill vampires?
>>
>>6304424
Those weren't Mexicans, those were Aztec gods of fitness.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (124KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
124KB, 1920x1080px
>>6304408
People were worried about Hamon users.
>>
>>6304408
What are these?

On topic, wasn't there these bead things that you could make "pixel art" with and then spray with water to make them stick together that were banned because they could be used as roofies?
>>
>>6304857
Aquadots. They got remade and put back on the market as Aquabeads.
>>
>>6304862
>>6304857
different company entirely made aquadots actually. Pixos were the renamed product after the chinese factory got in huge trouble for not only using such a dangerous chemical but also for purposefully using that cheaper chemical then what the designers ordered them to use. So they also got caught lining their pockets with extra cash.
>>
>>6304906
>aquadots
I mean to say different company made aquabeads. Aquadots were the ones that where recalled
>>
>>6304857
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clackers

Although the article mentions the balls shattering and hurting the user, the fact is you could break some people teeth just by swinging them with enough force. They are similar enough to some Argentinian primitive weapon.
>>
>>6305118
Bolos are no joke. You can trip everything with legs with those things.
>>
File: gilbert-atomic-energy-lab.jpg (39KB, 468x457px) Image search: [Google]
gilbert-atomic-energy-lab.jpg
39KB, 468x457px
This gave the kiddies uranium to play with.
>>
File: 66822_v2.jpg (26KB, 320x418px) Image search: [Google]
66822_v2.jpg
26KB, 320x418px
Was this "Tesco Peek-a-Boo Stripper Pole" banned? I swear I heard a story that by the time stores were told to pull these from shelves, customers had already bought most of them.
>>
>>6305172
In their defence, it was low level radiation. Not enough to do harm in the short run.
>>
>>6305192
This wasn't real, right? As in it wasn't intended an to be an actual product for children children but some sort of ironic joke that some how got out of hand right?

Also, I noticed it says pole dancer on the box so they could've made the argument it was for the teaching an exotic style of dancing, though the thigh band and play money pretty much shits on that.
>>
>>6304422
Ho ho ho. Thats a good one anon.
>>
>>6305968
No. Tesco did sell it but it was never intended or marketed for children and wasn't even in the toy section.
>>
>>6305968
I believe the issue was that they were either being sold in the toys section or being marketed as toys for children at Tesco. The actual product is for adults.

Not really legally banned but I know at different periods of time during my school years we had Pokemon cards, Beanie Babies, Tamagotchi, and Pogs banned. There was a lot of drama involving uneven trades, sellers regret, and theft amongst the grade school population so having any of these items would result in first just confiscation and your parents having to come in to get it, and any future infraction meant one day suspension.
>>
File: mi-alegria-rana.jpg (18KB, 680x330px) Image search: [Google]
mi-alegria-rana.jpg
18KB, 680x330px
There was a Mexican company that usually make toys of chemical and laboratory sets

They launch a biology set that included a real dead frog in formalin.
It was remove from stores shortly after
>>
File: Lawn Darts.jpg (227KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Lawn Darts.jpg
227KB, 1280x720px
Lawn Darts, of course.
>>
>>6304408

I had a crazy variation of this to when I was kid. The balls was covered with a thick layer of blac powder or some shit, whten the crackers hit each other produces an small explosion.

My grandpa throws them away for being to dangeorus. Maybe he was right.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.