[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tips for packing figures for a move?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: img_rental_26cargovan.jpg (33KB, 410x267px) Image search: [Google]
img_rental_26cargovan.jpg
33KB, 410x267px
Tips for packing figures for a move?
>>
>>6301427
Any loose? Someone posted a great place to purchase acid free bags for figures a few threads/months back.
>>
>>6301431
mostly loose, some in box
>>
>>6301427
duck tape figures to the wall of the truck to ensure they will not bounce around during travel
>>
>>6301427
Pack the toy into your heart and sell the physical embodiment of it off.
>>
1. If you have the original packaging use it. It's designed to keep shit safe and will ensure no accessories go missing on you. Also easier to pack things this way.

2. Line the box with acid free paper (u-haul sells it but so do others) and leave enough room on all four sides and the top for cushioning.

3. It's a pain in the ass but I highly recommend plastic wrap. Not only does it prevent shifting but if you get a leaky truck (LOTS of them leak at the door and others leak at roof) it will prevent the water from literally traveling up stacks of boxes. The bottom box may still get wet depending on your wrapping job but nothing else will.

4. Use tie downs and rope every row to prevent shifting, if you use plastic wrap you can get away with just using rope every 3-4th row since they will stick to each other.

5. For loose figures you can use comic bags or ziplocs combined with bubble wrap or you can simply use more of that packing paper you hopefully bought. Put accessories in plastic boxes with dividers then stuff cushioning on top so they aren't just bouncing about scraping each other.

6. Get collectible insurance (like collectinsure) which will cover you during moving so long as you drive. You can also authorize others to move it and still be covered if you fill out the right paperwork. It's cheaper than you think and then you'll be covered where you move too for the next year. I pay like 70 bucks for 25k of coverage.
>>
Put figures up your anus, wrap yourself in bubble wrap; hire movers to carry you to your new home.
>>
how does acid affect figures
>>
>>6301723
most toys aren't sensitive to acid, but the paper/plastics are, and their decomposing ontop or over your figure can fuck shit up.

So using acid free paper is a long term storage solution.

With that knowledge, you really don't need acid-free shit unless you're going to keep shit in boxes for 6+ months.
>>
Plastic tubs from walmart/target and paper in between them? I've moved a lot, no major issues
>>
File: misfits logo.jpg (637KB, 1700x2338px) Image search: [Google]
misfits logo.jpg
637KB, 1700x2338px
>>6301774
Phew, glad to hear.
Just shipped a Goku to a kid floating in a lunchbox of sulphuric.
>>
Big plastic tub.
Take a t shirt (or towel) lay it on the bottom. Place lose figures o layer of cloth, keeping room between them so they don't touch.
Fold cloth over layer of figures.
Place more figures on cloth.
Add new cloth and place more figures,
repeat until tub is almost full, then add a couple of layers of cloth for padding.
Basically you're making a figure/cloth layer cake. The cloth will protect the figures and keep them from shifting around inside the tub.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.