[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Articulated Icons General: Still Delayed Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 24

File: whitenina.png (417KB, 606x448px) Image search: [Google]
whitenina.png
417KB, 606x448px
>Last Update: Figures delayed to fix issues with hands and tight hands joints. No confirmed shipping date

>Preorders still open.

>In hands reviews of Ninjas only: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22qtmeH07Fo&feature=youtu.be

Other stuff:
>If you filled out a backerkit you can send a message to: [email protected] if you want a refund or if you want to add extra figures to your backerkit.
>>
>>
>>6298258
>>
File: a20bba2bab1b3b797452eef4137d2367.jpg (666KB, 681x1024px) Image search: [Google]
a20bba2bab1b3b797452eef4137d2367.jpg
666KB, 681x1024px
Better photos
>>
>>6298529
>>
>>6298531
They still don't look great,
>>
>>6298534
but they look better than in this environment than on a crowded desk with gross lamp lighting
>>
>>6298534
they look good to me
>>
>>6298140
I would love to have like 6 black ninjas and a samurai but I can't trust the quality of these things. Plus they're over priced. I'll get on their next kickstarter
>>
>>6298570
>I'll get on their next kickstarter
With how this one's been going? There either won't be another one, or they'll charge even higher
>>
>>6298539
>>6298534
>>6298529
See these are MUCH better and make me feel a lot less ass about wasting money on these.

It seems they look better in more realistic poses than the dynamic ones this kind of hobby entails.
>>
>>6298258
>sad batman
>>
>>6298684
>It seems they look better in more realistic poses than the dynamic ones this kind of hobby entails.
That's something that bothers me about these a lot. They're good for neutral stances and "about to strike" poses. I haven't seen these posed in a way where they look like they're actually striking. Had these been designed more like an SHF or Figma, with balljointed shoulders, base neck balljoints, a better ab crunch, and butterfly joints, these would've been way better. All the extra tooling would've cost more, but if they're so expensive already, I'd rather they go all out for characters that are intended to be super flexible.
>>
These pictures definitely do much better in showcasing the figures. The original guy who did the review is just ass.
>>
>>6298534
>THIN YOUR PAINTS tier
>>
These pics look much better.

>>6298529
Looks good, glad this one turned out fine since he's one of the ones I ordered.

>>6298534
It's still a huge shame that the paint apps for the mask got botched so bad with this one.
>>
>>6298750
No.
That's just bad art tier.

Paints look properly thinned

Did they say if they were going to fix that with the delay? I know they mentioned the paint problems and accessories being put in wrong.
>>
>>6299737
i dont recall any mention of paint issues

but god i'd love it if you're right and they fix the paint apps
>>
>>6301042
From the update: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1764488827/articulated-icons-the-feudal-series-ninja-action-f/posts/1859381
>>
>>6301045
ahh thats why it didn't register in my head - one short statement and called "minor issues", figured this was more like "the skintone paint bled onto the masks a bit at the edges" not "our entire washing and drybrushing is fucked"

granted with how things are going they could just be downplaying for damage control
>>
>>6301299
From a manufacturer's point of view, misplaced accessories and shitty paint apps would be viewed as a minor thing, because that can easily be fixed by whipping the slaves harder.
It's going through the molds again with new plastics that is costly
>>
>>6298529
>>6298531
>>6298534
>>6298539
Wow, these look pretty good. I just ordered 3 more of the red ninjas. I cant wait to have my Hand.
>>
>>
Any good pics of samurai ronin? I want a decent william stand in.
>>
File: IMG_5664 %28729x800%29.jpg (83KB, 729x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5664 %28729x800%29.jpg
83KB, 729x800px
>>6303167
>>
Martial artists review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cceWBt1bW84
>>
>>6307691
Heads up it's Dallas James review.
>>
Uh oh, they're onto us
>>
>>
>all the specific ones I bought look better than the rest

Thank god
>>
so I noticed in one of the reviews they mentioned the deluxe ninjas get a few changes from regular

>alt wrapping style sculpt for boots
>painted eyes vs monotone green

I got the deluxes so i'm not bothered, but was this mentioned during the ks itself? If I bought regular ninjas only to find out the eyes will be green because i didn't splurge on deluxes, I'd be pissed
>>
>>6311258
I wasn't aware the eyes would be green/orange when I bought regular ninjas, and I am kinda miffed about it. That's so stupid.

Doesn't help that they didn't provide reasonably sized, detailed, photos on the preorder site.
>>
>>6311258
>>6311907

It was pretty clear during the KS that the standard and deluxe set ninja would have those different traits and I do believe it was specifically mentioned at some point. They will also have different belts, with the standard getting the short tied belt and the deluxe getting the longer loose belt.
>>
>>6312325
it's been so long it's completely possible I saw those details mentioned and just plain forgot

I do recall noticing the belt differences on my own during the campaign and was slightly confused- didn't understand why theyd do all this swappable "the deluxe is everything + more!" but then give a completely different belt style. I honestly assumed there'd be a swappable "tucked" belt style for the deluxe just like everything else.

Not a complaint, I'm fine with the belt thing, but I would honestly have liked the option to swap.

While I'm nitpicking belt details though, it would have also been nice to get a white variant belt for the white ninja for an all-white option. I get "he has to have a black belt!", but i'd still have liked an option to avoid breaking up the all-white coloring. I wonder if the belts removable and if so how jarring it is without it on

again, totally not a complaint and I'm cool with things as they stand in that regard, just random tidbit ranting
>>
>>6312325
going to the ks page and ctrl+f "eye" and "belt" yield no results mentioning the detail differences
>>
I need to make some kind of visor for "snakeeye" what do you guys recommend?
>>
File: Articulated-Icons-5-5-17_15.jpg (189KB, 1277x1277px) Image search: [Google]
Articulated-Icons-5-5-17_15.jpg
189KB, 1277x1277px
>teleports behind you
Nothing personnel kid.
>>
>>6312325
>It was pretty clear during the KS
And here we come to a problem that keeps popping up.

They didn't only sell these during the kickstarter, but also had taken preorders separately afterwards. The page they used to do that was not specific nor did it even supply decently sized photos to make that clear on its own.
>>
>>6315381
eugh, so the hair is that tall

looks like jimmy neutron
>>
>>6315381
>that hair
>>
I actually am really excited for these. Just added some more stuff to my backerkit. The Warrior Monk looked really awesome.
>>
>>6315381
who dis?
>>
File: PXZ2-Strider.png (464KB, 746x902px) Image search: [Google]
PXZ2-Strider.png
464KB, 746x902px
>>6319003
An incredibly shitty take on an unlicensed Strider
>>
>>6319003
Not Strider.
>>
>>6312560
buy some sculpey and do it yourself
>>
>>6309256
Wow look at those screw driver pick marks on the arm pins. They've totally fucked this line!!

Glad they're working on my refund through backer kit.
>>
>>6319486
Those look more like mold flash than anything

But this coming update is the make or break for them, right? I don't think anything short of everything being shipped/ready to ship will save em
>>
>>6323351
there's gonna be an update soon?
>>
>>6323351
They're already fucked, look at these things
>>6323541
Hell no. I doubt we'll hear anything till at least July. And even then it'll probably be some shit like "They're coming, hold tight!" followed by another delay
>>
>>6323672
Whoever posted that picture added more of a black wash. None of them have that much of one.
>>
>>6323694
All he said was "armorless Surai." If he did add it himself, he's a fucking idiot who doesn't know how to paint at all
>>
Soooo apparently Boog Nice also got his in. Who do we have to message to get ours
>>
>>6323699
Only Fwoosh staff and ACBA higherups are getting samples. Us normies aren't getting anything anytime soon
>>
>>6323672
Something is really off about his picture. Their hands look completely dead and other colors look off. Surely his lights or his editing is at fault here.
>>
>>6323952
Its both. He's a bad photographer
>>
>>6323698
That "wash" looks horrid.
>>
>>6323698
The Chinese slave who did the drybrushing on these did not know how to dry rush. His outfit looks so mismatched his body is overly dark compared to his arms, looks like a unfinished kit ash figure
>>
>>6324780
Kitbash I mean, English is not my first language
>>
File: ArticulatedIcons Googly Eye.png (288KB, 503x447px) Image search: [Google]
ArticulatedIcons Googly Eye.png
288KB, 503x447px
This guy put his last review of the sets up. This time it's the samurai.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFyznCRp5Qg

Not really happy with the way they painted the eyes. I was expecting better quality control. Hope they don't all suffer from the legends droopy eye syndrome.
>>
File: Yikes.png (411KB, 529x537px) Image search: [Google]
Yikes.png
411KB, 529x537px
>>6327532
Another one, Yikes...
>>
>>6327532
He says that the gummy hips is a feature, LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
File: Articulated Icons Series 2.jpg (244KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
Articulated Icons Series 2.jpg
244KB, 1200x900px
>>6327532
There's so much needless filler garbage in these reviews. Just get to the point and show off the figure.

So they have the paint quality of a knockoff figure and the hips have a possibility of being stuck...great. Can't wait to receive these "high quality" figures.
>>
>>6327544
what were they even going for here?
>>
>>6327584
Black eyes with white pupils.
>>
>>6327586
Theyre orange like a demon.
Even the original ks pics show them as orange
>>
>>6327562
Yeah I don't really care about this whole"history" thing. I bought ninjas because the idea of ninjas is cool. Plus I needed ninjas for my figures.
>>6327584
He's a guy who tried to kill himself but came back to life. I think it's some sort of Demon eye thing.

It really seems like in this last review EVERY set of the eyes has something wrong with them. I noticed on one of the drunken master sets one pupil is huge while the other is a small dot.
>>
>>6327612
>orange
Keep telling yourself that, buddy.
>>
New update

Hands and heads now swap fine
Shipping at the end of June.
>>
>>6327663
>heads/hands swapping issue has been resolved
How do they know? Have they tested it themselves? Doubt it.
>so it looks like we will begin shipping out Kickstarter rewards near the end of June
Cleverly worded. They won't get around to shipping anything till late July at the earliest. And even then, it'll take forever to get stuff to those who preordered even later. I guarantee BBTS will be getting a load of these and selling them at 40 a pop in the middle of June
>In June we will be sending out a mandatory address confirmation, EVERYONE will need to confirm their shipping address, we will only be shipping out rewards / preorders to people who have confirmed their address, we will post an update here when the mandatory address confirmation email has gone out so no one misses it
This is just about the worst idea yet. You know how many people backed this and probably forgot? They'll think some shipping confirmation from a randomly titled email is gonna be spam, lots of people won't get their shit
>>
>>6327678
The email will say kickstarter update whatever # so you'd have to be an idiot to ignore that.
>>
>>6327612
They look flesh tone.

They really screwed this up.
>>
>>6327532
>that clean af grey ninja
I wish they'd just left the wash/drybrushing off
>>
Is anthonycumstains triggered by these or something?
He has been doing livestreams making cyberpunk ninjas and I feel like he's just doing it because Fwoosh wouldn't let him have some AIs early
>>
>>6327752
The gunkwashers of fwoosh and other forums are the same low tier of customizers that ACBAckalleys are. It's nothing but the same shitty oily washes on things to make it look grimy rather than good and natural.
>>
>>6327758
Something has him bugged. He's made multiple mentions of trolls recently and today posted a picture of "I'm 97% sure you don't like me, but 100% sure I don't care."

Guy posts a lot about people not liking him for someone who doesn't care.
>>
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1764488827/articulated-icons-the-feudal-series-ninja-action-f/posts/1885160
>>
>>6327758
I'd be bugged too if they didn't let me have some, considering he does videos and stuff so its basically free advertising.
>>
>>6327915
Anthony's notorious for heavily critiquing stuff, the developers wanted these in the hands of people who don't bash shit like ML (aka ACBA). And the fucking retards who follow them on Instagram are gonna eat that shit up and buy them by the dozens.

That being said, whatever Anthony is developing looks awful, and he said he's aiming for a 40-60 price range, possibly higher. I don't see his project being nearly as successful as AI
>>
>>6327929
He is a great reviewer but a SHIT artist in my opinion. He understands things like anatomy and other artistic concepts but good god all his original designs look atrocious. Also on the reviewing front he refuses to even spend a few minutes looking up images or info on what he's reviewing. So often times he doesn't know what accessories are (and if they are done well) or if a character is missing anything important or if the likeness is off. His reviewers are PURELY about the actual engineering and QC.
>>
>>6327915
He's not that big of a youtuber and he treats people he asks for stuff like they should be honored he talked to them. I'm never surprised when people don't want to work with him.

He's REALLY shitty to other customizers, too.
>>
>>6327929
>Anthony's notorious for heavily critiquing stuff

Ahahahahahaha, oh fuck you. Anthony is a dicksucker through and through.
>>
>>6327987
yes he is, but he still is harder on figures than most
>>
>>6327752
I'm just gonna repaint the ones I don't like because at this point it's disappointing.

I actually see arguments that no one who spent too much money should argue that it's taking too long and all that dumb shit as if they are trying to justify the wait thinking it's gonna look any better.
>>
>>6327752
What's the deal with the sock-n-sandals look? Is that an authentic ninja thing, or just lazy painting?
>>
>>6327612
i think you have mild color blindness anon

not insulting, being serious
>>
>>6327678
> I guarantee BBTS will be getting a load of these and selling them at 40 a pop in the middle of June

BBTS will sell them below the KS prices?

Never ordered from them, I thought they were essentially an aftermarket scalping company?
>>
>>6327678
>This is just about the worst idea yet. You know how many people backed this and probably forgot? They'll think some shipping confirmation from a randomly titled email is gonna be spam, lots of people won't get their shit

while I agree at least in part with your other statements, this is just no.

their emails are clearly labeled as kickstarter / articulated icons, and after 2 years *not* doing final address confirmation would be a great way to slit their throat on the home stretch with a backlog of complaints pouring in for the next 6 months because they didnt confirm addy.

if you pre order something it's your responsibility to remember and keep updated on it properly, this includes periodically checking your email for updates on said purchase.

I'm as sick of the fuckups with this ks as the next guy, but you're head hunting here.
>>
>>6330557
ninja shoes ("Jika-tabi" - I googled it.) have the big toe divided from the rest specifically to be able to wear sandles if I recall correctly
>>
Finally got my fucking refund after over a month of trying to get in touch with somebody.

If these turn out to not be total shit ill buy them for $20 off ebay in a couple months

Fuck these guys and the shit they pulled.
>>
>>6330795
You're literally not going to see these for 20 dollars on ebay at any point. You may not like them but those who did and are keeping their orders will. If they don't, I assure you they will put them up for what they paid or more and those who missed out on them will buy them.
>>
>>6330569
basically but anons on 4chan think that just because they're shit they won't sell well. retards will still buy them and the price will stay high. btw bbts has high shipping cost
>>
>>6330795
Haha! 20 dollars on ebay. Okay buddy, keep telling yourself that.
>>
>>6330795
>ill buy them for $20 off ebay in a couple months

the delusion is strong in this one
>>
>>6330557
>What's the deal with the sock-n-sandals look?
Those figures are meant to be the samurai without the armor on, and the footwear was sculpted with that in mind.

If you look here >>6298258, you'll see that the ninja figure has different sculpting for the feet.
>>
> badly sculpted hair
> crooked eyes
> gummy sculpts
> black wash everywhere

It's like they managed to mass produce a line based on shitty customs from the interwebs. That somehow deserves applause.
>>
>>6330877
>>6331522

Not him, but the supposed difference in quality between these and $20 marvel legends is completely non-existent.
>>
>>6331622
Regardless, no one is gonna sell these at that much of a lost.
>>
>>6331622
not sure if you're just trolling or legitimately unfamiliar with how aftermarkets work

the aftermarket value for any popular marvel legends is easily 40 dollars

there is a giant gap in the market for "regular ninja" figures, that's the entire reason this ks did as well as it did.

you're not going to see these below 30 dollars at any point unless they start getting bootlegged, wont be surprised if above the 40 mark desu.
>>
i'm doing this when i get mine in
>>
File: AgniRudra.gif (34KB, 300x238px) Image search: [Google]
AgniRudra.gif
34KB, 300x238px
>>6338165
>Look brother! It's been ages but we finally have company!
>>
>>6338165
Looks like youll need
>Shinobi
>Red Samurai Guy
>One deluxe in Black color for the blue ones arms
>Brown samurai guy
>>
>>6330795
That's what people said about the Mythic Legions.
Thread posts: 102
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.