[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fighting Game General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 21

Everyone preorder their Storm Collectibles M. Bison?
>>
>>6295730
NEW SF toys!! here's ryu and bison and chun li and akumu and etc etc
>CANCELLED
OK now its our turn heres ryu and chun li and akuma
>CANCELLED
now WE have the license! here's ryu and akuma and
>CANCELLED
ok ok we're making new toys! heres ryu and akuma and
>>
>>6295737
Companies produce commercially viable characters, they couldn't give a fuck about completionists.

But go ahead and complain about Bandai releasing an SHF Rashid so early on, I'm sure that'll help the matter
>>
>>6295723
Where is the best place to preorder these guys? I wanna grab all of them storm releases because they look great.
>>
>>6295910
Bbts probably
>>
>>6295914
Went ahead and ordered from Woozymoo. They had Bison at the same price as bbts and ken a buck cheaper. Free shipping on them, too. Will just need to grab a Ryu when he is released.
>>
>>6295943
>Free shipping
Nice, I'll order from there then
>>
Still waitin on the greatest
>>
>>6295914
BBTS still has Ryu on pre-order even though it was released almost 3 months ago.
Does it really take them that long to receive their shipment overseas?
>>
>>6296226
They shipped the batch they received and it sold out, just like the MK figures. The preorders are for restocks
>>
>>6296216
Literally why I want storm over shf. That looks so amazing.
>>
>>6296364
You can bet final retail won't look like that though.
>>
>>6296216
>stupid rubber neck
They are just going to keep doing that shit the entire line until these things start cracking apart and disintegrating aren't they? I just don't get it. These aren't Hot Toys where being seamless is seen as a good thing by the main audience. If that neck had a cut in the chest to allow for a neck joint people wouldn't be mad at them.

They could have easily had my money had they not made this decision.
>>
>>6296372
How different were their current figures from the samples though?
>>
>>6296374
Who cares, if it looks good just buy it. You're not buying a daily commuter car here, it's a sub-$100 toy.
>>
>>6296445
The thing about rubber is it could go to shit in as little as 12-24 months. There are Storm Collectibles 1/6 scale releases with rubber bodies that tore and cracked within a year or so. I'm comfortable spending $50-60 on something that might only last me 5-10 years (PVC toys seem to last at least this long before developing issues) but not for something that only lasts a couple. Problem is there's no way of knowing because it depends on the formula SC used. I'd prefer they just get rid of the "feature" altogether.

Also, if you're buying every release it works up to a lot more than $50-60. They are in a weird scale of their own so buying one isn't an option. How would you feel if you spent $200-500 buying up a line then a few years later it was falling apart in an area that could have been more durable if they weren't retarded?
>>
>>6296374
>>6296467
Aren't there ways to counter that sort of thing with like lotions and stuff? Not that we should have to, but I'll put up with it for the Outworld Emperor
>>
>>6296467
>How would you feel if you spent $200-500 buying up a line then a few years later it was falling apart in an area that could have been more durable if they weren't retarded
Basically nothing. They're toys. The cost and stakes are low enough that the way they look and the way they move at present far outweighs unknown future events that could be a decade down the line. You could get Zangief, Bison, and Ryu for the price of half a year's worth of awful Starbucks on the way to work.
>>
>>6296478
Yes but who knows how it'd react with the materials they used long term and the paint. I'm not knowledgeable enough on rubber toy care to tell you what's safe or not safe to use. I just tend to avoid toys with that material.

>>6296479
>You could get Zangief, Bison, and Ryu for the price of half a year's worth of awful Starbucks on the way to work.
I value my money which is why I don't buy shit like Starbucks in the first place. For the cost of a single SC release I can buy 180 eggs, 25 gallons of milk, 60 pounds of rice or 10 pounds of cheese to name a few examples. If it's no big deal to you then great, more power to you. Enjoy the toys and have fun, glad you have tons of disposable income.

I just think sending them e-mails telling them to quit using the rubber would go a long way. The sooner they quit the better for you and everyone else into the line. Defending the use of the material is pointless because it hinders articulation (unless you take a knife to it to mod it) and presents a long term durability risk that doesn't have to exist. The aesthetic improvement isn't worth it because the toy is covered in visible joints anyway.

I won't derail the thread though so I will stop here. I've said what I need to say.
>>
File: Mortal-Kombat-Reptile-Storm.gif (1MB, 480x321px) Image search: [Google]
Mortal-Kombat-Reptile-Storm.gif
1MB, 480x321px
We gettin the tongue, boiz
>>
File: Storm-MK-Reptile-Figure-022.jpg (215KB, 1370x2048px) Image search: [Google]
Storm-MK-Reptile-Figure-022.jpg
215KB, 1370x2048px
>>6296847
>>
If SC makes themselves primarily a fighting game toy company, they're going to get a good following. Can you imagine if they land the Tekken, Fatal Fury, Killer Instinct, and Darkstalkers licenses? Even out of scale with more popular import brands they'd have enough of a stacked line that the most staunchly bullheaded scaleautists would jump in.
>>
>>6297138
>when you pick a really large snot from your nose and show your family
>>
File: reptile.jpg (87KB, 500x719px) Image search: [Google]
reptile.jpg
87KB, 500x719px
>>6297138
dam that is so frigging cool. AAh ..one nitpick: the eyes arn't reptillian, I mean the white eyes still work but it would of been nice for the human face to have reptillian eyes like the mk9 mk1 Reptile costume.
>>
>>6297138
is that supposed to be Reptile's forceball projectile? it didn't really look organic in mk2 and was more like a phychic green orb.
>>
>tfw no Nightmare, Yoshimitsu or Hakumen figures
>>
So is storm going to get any more licenses or are they just sticking with Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter for now?
>>
>>6295744
Rashit will self warm and will be seen at HobbyLink Japan sales for years to come.
>>
File: 1491851141655.jpg (37KB, 528x480px) Image search: [Google]
1491851141655.jpg
37KB, 528x480px
>>6295723
tfw Tekken figures never, just more Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat shit. I like all three franchises, but I mean come on, Tekken hasn't had a proper toy line for 20 years.
>>
How do two companies fuck up so badly?
>>
>>6298642
The Storm one looks pretty game accurate, not sure what the screw up is that I'm seeing. SHF looks like it has Uma Thurman wandering eyes.
>>
File: maxresdefault-1455987880132.jpg (320KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-1455987880132.jpg
320KB, 1920x1080px
>>6298649
>Storm one looks pretty game accurate
The eyebrows are waaay off and the cheekbones aren't pronounced enough
>>
>>6298651
That's kind of a small thing to say that they fucked up. It still would pass 99% as game accurate.
>>
>>6298660
I guess, but it just throws the whole thing off to me. I've thought about getting it and fixing it myself, but even that wouldn't help its outrageous size.
>>
>>6298642
Damn what's with some Japanese companies fucking up faces recently? That Ryu looks like he has FAS
>>
>>6298664
What's so outrageous about the size?
>>
>>6295723

> tfw Dizzy and Justice figures never fucking ever.
>>
>>6298651

Also has lipstick on the final release.
>>
>>6298642
I really like the storm collectibles one but the painting above the eyebrows is kinda fucked up, the SHF has looked terrible to me since day 1, the chun li looks way worse though
>>
>>6298673
I'm a scale autist, and the SC figures on the whole aren't scaled with anything. They're hovering somewhere between 6.75-7 inches. The only way I can justify it is if I go all in on the line so that I have a scaled collection, which I don't care to do
>>
>>6298642
>>6298651
Calm down Beyoncé, what's the problem? Storm looks pretty accurate to the game model. Do you really expect 6-inch figures to have the same level of sculpt and details as the game models?
Jesus some people are never happy. Just get the Storm fig since the SHF looks like balls.
>>
>>6298705
>not getting both
Hedge your bets, anon. You never know which will become the better line.
>>
>>6298683
Sue them for false advertising
1/12 my dirty asshole
>>
>2chan enjoying SHF Ryu and Chun Li immensely, thread is one of the more massive ones in a long time
>youtube reviewers all enjoying and praising the figures as being way better than they thought
>Japanese reviewers praising them
You know what really pisses me off? All this constant whining on /toy/ may actually get someone to skip these releases (it's happened to me in the past) and they will miss out on GREAT figures. Are they absolutely perfect? No. The drawbacks are minor though and the figures are super fun.

>>6298642
>How do two companies fuck up so badly?
Have you actually SEEN the Ryu figures we've got before these two? These two are both a massive improvement in their respective areas. Whether you go Storm Collectibles or SHF you are getting one of the best Ryu figures ever. One more accurate to SFV and one more interchangeable in various displays. The same goes for Chun Li even though she has had some semi-decent figures this SHF is still clearly superior to all of them.
>>
>>6298849
>even though she has had some semi-decent figures this SHF is still clearly superior to all of them

The RAH 2.0 is close to perfect though
>>
File: sf4-neca.jpg (178KB, 800x716px) Image search: [Google]
sf4-neca.jpg
178KB, 800x716px
>>6298849
>Have you actually SEEN the Ryu figures we've got before these two? These two are both a massive improvement in their respective areas. Whether you go Storm Collectibles or SHF you are getting one of the best Ryu figures ever.

B-but muh perfect old figs
>>
>>6298849
>>6298937
Yeah, their fine, but toys have increased in quality exponentially in the last 5 years, so the fact that collector tier products priced so high can't nail suck a simple face sculpt with today's technology is almost inexcusable.
>>
File: scared me.jpg (140KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
scared me.jpg
140KB, 500x300px
>>6298941
well, this is a general thing in toy companies, even HotToys made a lot of bad face sculpts
>>
>>6297177
That's an easy 2-second paint job you can do.

That being said, fucking HYPE.

Preordered the other two in hopes of an eventual Ermac!
>>
I just want some Darkstalkers figures. Is that too much to ask?
>>
>>6299558
>Darkstalkers
Fuck that, but you've got me knoeing
>>
>>6299397
fuck yeah how could i forget about ermac. Just shot up my most wanted list
>>
>>6299572
I have know idea what the fuck that is but it looks like generic fantasy/metal fusion shit.
>>
>>6299587
It's Darksiders.

>God of War style combat + LoZ style puzzles
>Killer soundtrack
>Amazing artstyles
If you haven't played it, do so. It's great.
>>
Anyone else think the MK figures are honestly some of the most "natural" looking to pose?

The articulation is great and the sculpt is realistic enough that it almost breaks that boundry that separates an awkwardly posed figure from a statue based off a set pose if that makes sense
>>
>>6299598
I fucking love Darksiders. the second one was kinda shit though
>>
>>6298651
it sort of gives th eimpression that his eyes are too close together or just too small for his head. still, I'd rather get that over the figuarts
>>
>>6299585
Seriously, hes the best look out of all of them and if they really wanted they could even re use subs ice attack for his soul burst and reptiles ball for the grab.

It'd be shitty but id be fine with it so long as we get a proper fucking Ermac figure in his klassic garb which is his best costume, next to his MK9 one.
>>
>>6299587
>>6299587
>I have know idea what the fuck that is but it looks like generic fantasy/metal fusion shit.
>>
http://www.e-capcom.com/shop/g/gC00000828/
>>
>>6301294
Gross, I want it
>>
>>6301294
thanks doc
>>
>>6301294
Will there be another way to order this? Site is a nightmare and price is way high
>>
>>6301294
I never know how much I wanted a pink ryu until now.
>>
>>6301294
Is this Chun-Li?! the next SC will be a Chun Li, right?! Chun Li looks weird, why?!
>>
File: 34040409302_f76f219e52_b.jpg (267KB, 984x1024px) Image search: [Google]
34040409302_f76f219e52_b.jpg
267KB, 984x1024px
I need a headswap between these two
>>
File: Ryu_tapper_and_luigi.jpg (81KB, 558x314px) Image search: [Google]
Ryu_tapper_and_luigi.jpg
81KB, 558x314px
>>6305152
Seeing them side-by-side, the SHF is really disappointing looking. Very bland. It kind of reminds me of Wreck It Ralph's version of Ryu. I wish there were a figure that was in between the SC and SHF that took the best qualities of both.
>>
>>6298937
Holy god damn fuck I never realized how bad those are.
>>
I don't like the SC scale but if they are all the same height it'll make sense for Shao Kahn to be taller than my 6" figures, but if they make him 8" then yeah, it sucks.

Why do companies choose these scales? Remember the classic TMNT and the Thundercats ones? I wanted them but the scale sucked, at least we have better alternatives now.

>>6298937
SOTA Ryu is still a great figure, the one pictured there was the Jazzwarez release that used the SOTA mold which was inferior.

The SC looks great, my only problems are the scale, SHF looks great except for the face. So I think I'll skip it.
>>
File: WeJustDoNotKnow.gif (999KB, 250x251px) Image search: [Google]
WeJustDoNotKnow.gif
999KB, 250x251px
>>6297323
>Namco Bandai OWNS Tekken, Soul Calibur, etc
>Namco Bandai OWNS a fucking toy company, because they ARE a toy company
>no SHF's of their most popular fighting series
>but they put out figures of their competitors most popular series

????
>>
>>6299598
But GoW had terrible combat. Basically DMC lite, very lite.
>>
>>6305239
>Why do companies choose these scales?
Asian collectors don't seem as wildly autistic about scale as you and the rest of the western collectors are. Just look at the sliding scale that Medicos uses for SAS.

Probably has to do with them getting acclimated to size variation by displaying statueshit, by a certain point it probably doesn't even phase them. Statues are much more popular over there than here and its all over the place in terms of sizes. If you look at the average statueshit display, there's just no rhyme or reason behind any of the statue heights. You can have two statues labelled as 1:8 scale, and they'll be completely off.
>>
>>6305152
The only thing that's really bad about the figuarts Ryu is the eyes.
>>
I wouldn't be surprised if the Bison one got delayed again. They've been doing this shit since February or January.

Though I've heard this is nothing new for SC.
>>
>>6305473
The fact that they give lenient release times like "Q1" and "Q2", intentionally not giving specific months, and still deliver figures late is hilarious
>>
>>6305473
>>6305798
At least they're not run by the fwoosh.
>>
>>6298270
dragunov, lili, jin whhhhhhhhhhhen???
>>
>>6297323
Well, don't lose hope yet. They did ask in the World Tour survey which Fighting Games we would like to see.

SF, Tekken, Darkstalker, Guilty Gear, Blazblue

Nothing much, but they are taking notes. Hopefully the Sol Badguy and Hakumen they showed years ago were indications
>>
>>6306396
>Sol Badguy
>Hakumen
>Nu 13
>Heihachi

I'd love these.
>>
File: 1493448426882.jpg (868KB, 2272x1704px) Image search: [Google]
1493448426882.jpg
868KB, 2272x1704px
>>
File: Rage.png (42KB, 673x505px) Image search: [Google]
Rage.png
42KB, 673x505px
>>6306642
>mfw I have both of these on order
>fucking golden week probably gonna fuck up my shipping on it
>>
wat
>>
>>6306741
turds r u
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.