[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thrift store find

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 11

File: 20170424_152958.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170424_152958.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
Found this whole bag for 20 bucks. Pretty stoked.
>>
You serious?!?!? Post better pics. Also sell me that Sinister, and any other X-men villains you come across in there. Nice find anon!
>>
File: 20170424_153358_resized.jpg (1MB, 2016x1512px) Image search: [Google]
20170424_153358_resized.jpg
1MB, 2016x1512px
>>6295613
The contents minus some extra accessories
>>
>>6295613
>>6295621
wow. Very nice find.
>>
>>6295613
That is a good find, congrats. Glad they didn't try to label and sell each one individually. Finds like that are what keep my hopes up going to thrift stores.
>>
>>6295613
Congrats anon, tons of solid figures in there.
>>
>>6295621
why is Bishop wearing clown shoes?

Nice loot, I kind of want an Omega Red and a Colossus.
>>
File: nice.jpg (25KB, 321x322px) Image search: [Google]
nice.jpg
25KB, 321x322px
>>6295621
Is that a War Machine I see
>>
>my thrift store has clothes and fisher price
>>
>>6295621
>That subtle Reed Richards bird

pretty sneaky.
>>
Maybe we can turn this into a thrift store find thread. Has anyone else noticed Goodwill reducing the size of their toy sections, or is it just mine in the SE Wisconsin area? A few that used to have those toy racks above the clothes have switched to a single small shelf area.

Perhaps the hordes of brown children scattering stuff around all day has prompted the change.
>>
>>6296005
das racis yo
>>
>>6295936
Yup. No mask tho
>>
>>6296005
Good idea.
>>
>>6296005

i live in LA and all the goodwills i've been to are shit. They're literally 90% clothing shops and 10% candles

someone please share with me a good thrift shop.
>>
>>6296028
It sounds racist but it's the unfortunate truth, at least from what I have seen over the years. I probably shouldn't have mentioned that but I'm wondering if other anons have noticed this scaling-down, and if so could maybe provide insight on to why that is.

Around here Goodwill is the most numerous thrift store; there's others like Bethesda and St Vincent DePaul but I rarely find things there either. Maybe they, like Goodwill, filter out better things and sell them at online auctions?
>>
>>6296076
My best advice is go to thrift stores in more affluent areas. If your area is like mine that may mean a bit of a drive. Also check out non-Goodwill stores if you haven't already. Goodwill also divides itself into regions; I don't know about your state, but mine has about 4 divisions and they run their stores a bit differently. Northern Wisconsin Goodwills have a slightly different logo and some pre-bag all their toys. Some I went to had better than average quality of toys but that may be pure random chance.
>>
>>6296005
Goodwill has never been great for these finds because of how much they skim through and resell things. Good thrifft store finds come from places where the staff isn't looking for things of value and just puts stuff out. Funny you mention brown children because generally I get my best finds from places where most of the workers/patrons are black and hispanic.
>>
File: 1438509385270.jpg (97KB, 599x1876px) Image search: [Google]
1438509385270.jpg
97KB, 599x1876px
>>6296005
>Goodwills
>Having good toy sections at all
Mine is like, 6 shelves of nothing with the puzzles and board games.
Threads like this and youtubers like JCmcCodyfag always give me false hope.
Atleast great vidya always makes it's way through the cracks at mine. Sounds like a local thing though anon, sorry.
>>
>>6296076
Community Thrift Store in Azusa. I've pulled some gems from there like a transmetal cheetor and some nerf guns for cheap.

They also sometimes have decent electronics.
>>
File: GW2.jpg (232KB, 1500x672px) Image search: [Google]
GW2.jpg
232KB, 1500x672px
I picked this up from a Goodwill a few months ago. Nearly complete Mega Bloks Pelican, only missing a couple small visual pieces and with parts from some other stuff in a tub for $5.
And on the topic of little kids, I also found where someone had donated one of those MB CoD battle packs, with like 4 minifigs and a little scenery, and it had apparently just been torn apart. The shredded box was lying among some old routers and I found one baggy of random pieces among the plates.
The local Goodwills have also been really good for cheap Nerf guns too.
>>
>>6295960
kek just remembered I did that
>>
>>6295895
I really like the Omega Red one. I recommend it
>>
>>6295621
Are you interested in selling any of them? There's a few of them I need.
>>
>>6296177
I'm definitely open to it. Which ones?
>>
>>6295619
Thank you. Do you really want to buy him?
>>
No pics because this was years ago, but I once found an entire box of vintage TMNT and some OG Power Rangers. All the turtles were there with a surprising amount of accessories, plus Shredder, Bebop, Rocksteady, a panda, a rabbit, and a couple other weird monsters I didn't recognize. In terms of Power Rangers, I think there was red, blue, and yellow flip heads from 93. Got that whole box for $15. I still have everything except for the rangers which I gave to a friend.
>>
File: turbo tank.jpg (198KB, 1500x1104px) Image search: [Google]
turbo tank.jpg
198KB, 1500x1104px
>>6296227
Nice. It's that kind of variable reward, roulette-wheel chance of finding something good that gives me the motivation to keep hunting.

Anybody ever have it happen where you find something that could've been really good, but it's so broken and stripped to the shell that it's not worth buying? It's a strange kind of feel. Once I found the shell of a 1986 GI Joe Night Raven, another time was a gutted Turbo Tank, missing a wheel and any part that could be pried off.
>>
File: Thumb-toy-marsala-01.jpg (23KB, 400x353px) Image search: [Google]
Thumb-toy-marsala-01.jpg
23KB, 400x353px
>>6296146
Also, forgot to mention I found this in the box a couple months ago at this store.
>>
>>6296327
I hate you. I've wanted that motherfucker for ages.
>>
>>6296345
I was stoked cause I never got an exo squad toy when I was a kid and here was one in the box all taped up still.

The only thing I hate are the leg armor panels. They're spring loaded and shoot off when you try to pose it.
>>
>>6296327
>>6296345
>>6296356
My brother got that last year, it's been his grail since he was 12.

Wish I bought all of those 7" Robotech releases back when they were $5 at Kay-Bee Toys. Once in a while I go on ebay and am so damned tempted. They're so big and clunky and charming, in a way that the gorgeous Hi Metal R's just don't capture.
>>
>>6296105
ive been as far as monrovia from LA, theyre just slim pickings here

>>6296146
ill check that out, thanks
>>
>>6296182
>>6296199
Yeah, I'm serious. Email me. I mainly want Bishop and Sinister.
>>
>>6295621
What is that purple monster-looking guy on the left next to Ghost Rider? I am bad at Marvel, but love a good reptile person.

Beyond that, I haven't ever found any good toys in a thrift shop Though I once found a sealed Pikachu plush backpack pattern which was rad as heck.
>>
>>6296549

that's blackheart my dude,not into marvel, but i just played a lot of MVC2

https://www.google.com/search?q=blackheart&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiXwubu777TAhUF7iYKHRzcC4AQ_AUICCgB&biw=1920&bih=960#tbm=isch&q=blackheart+marvel
>>
>>6296414
Be sure to check behind the counter. That's where they'll keep large boxes of Lego and the toys still in package (the aforementioned exo squad toy)
>>
>>6295613
This hurts me on a deep level.
I envey you.
>>
>An anon probably died and their family donated the toys
>>
>azusa
>monrovia
Guys we're neighbors
>>
>>6296136
Same. It's so depressing. Same with Yard Sales and Flea Markets here. It's usually things I would literally expect to find in a dumpster.
>>
File: IMG_2226.jpg (3MB, 4320x3240px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2226.jpg
3MB, 4320x3240px
>>6295613
Last toys I picked up from thrifting were these bad boys, paid about $8 for both of them at Value Village
>>
>>6296807
I'm actually more worried about the toys have previously belonged to someone filthy. I'd disinfect the fuck out of anything I bought at a thrift store.
>>
File: 1457064540143.jpg (20KB, 178x179px) Image search: [Google]
1457064540143.jpg
20KB, 178x179px
I remember like even 4 or 5 years ago you could find all sorts of old video games and good action figures at the local Goodwills and Unique chains.

Then slowly the whole "retro" wave started gaining huge traction and anything with recognizable branding like Nintendo, Star Wars, He-Man, Pokemon, would get searched up on ebay by the staff there and the deals became impossible to find.

Unique is now an overpriced barren wasteland, I'm lucky to ever find anything there anymore for a bargain. They now charge like 5 bucks per Atari game when 3-4 years ago I bought an entire backpack full of em for 20 bucks.

Goodwills around here suck ass because they throw away anything that does not come in the original packaging. I heard it's because they dont want to get sued over someone buying a toy with lead paint or other hazardous shit.

I envy the anons who still have good thrift stores, Im left with waiting until the warm monthes and only having garage and yard sales.
>>
>>6296807

>Walk into thrift store with friend
>An entire wall of 40k books for a dollar a pop
>Realize some nerd either got thrown out of the house or fucking died
>>
File: 052a.jpg (274KB, 935x1024px) Image search: [Google]
052a.jpg
274KB, 935x1024px
>>6297070
Yeah I've been getting discouraged too. Wondering if it's just random chance and bad luck not finding anything, or the Ebay effect and people sell it online.

Yard sales were always a crapshoot for me; can't recall how many craigslist ads saying they were selling toys turned out to be preschool stuff and so, so many McDonald's toys. Flea Markets here are either nonexistent or suck. 7 Mile Fair is 95% chinese imported junk, like the old Rummage o' Rama. In Europe they have car boot sales, where people just gather in a field and sell stuff from the trunk of their car. Wish we had that here.

>>6302659
Nice find, I like them both. Is that the McFarlane Kaneda? I never got in to Mega Bloks so it was nice to find this at a Goodwill.
>>
>>6302680
Ugh, I think you might be right. From one Goodwill's website on accepted items: Toys – ALL items must be CPSC approved. There you go, government nanny-state meddling in our lives yet again! Blame the ambulance chasing lawyers too.

That would REALLY suck if the most visible, logical place to donate items now just throws a lot of it in the dumpster. Pretty sure they chuck books too; ever notice a good portion of Goodwill books are modern, airport-fiction stuff? I don't want to think of all the nice old toys that end up in a landfill.
>>
>>6302738

Thats why I tell people to give their old toys to orphanages or some shit.

Id rather have a needy kid play and appreciate that old rare He-man then a company throw it away because "it could be hazardous"
>>
File: IMG_2227.jpg (3MB, 4320x3240px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2227.jpg
3MB, 4320x3240px
>>6302698
It's the McFarlane Kaneda. I wanted to see if I could find the bike but they didn't have one there. I also got the nigger biker with it, since both figures were included in the same baggy. The one strap is broke but don't really care as much about the biker figure. The Blue Eyes Ultimate is so fucking cool though, it can still make sound effects and shoots something out of the mouth but it didn't have the projectile. I have very few Yugioh toys so finding that was fucking sick

>>6302680
I used to collect old games and thrift stores were amazing for games. Some of my best finds were Splatterhouse 2 CIB for $4, a Sega CD for $15 and Zelda Oracle of Ages in the original box for $10. Nowadays because of the retro fad and Youtuber bandwagon collectorfags games are impossible to find now. Resellers/scalpers and new collectors just add so much competition to finding anything vidya related. I always come across PS2/Xbox stuff but its always sports crap with maybe a Halo or GTA III in there at best. I used to go thrifting almost primarily for old vidya but now when I go I don't even bother looking as much for vidya cause I know there's gonna be scraps
>>
>>6302838
>>6302680
who even goes looking for old physical videogame media? you can torrent everything now. And personally I find it even more childish than playing with toys.

Am I missing something?
>>
>>6302864

Because I like video games.
>>
>>6302864
>>6302864
>who even goes looking for old physical videogame media?

There's entire channels on Youtube dedicated to finding old videogame stuff at flea markets, garage sales thrifts etc. However the people that run these channels don't really give a shit about playing them or enjoying the games, they have autistic need to just HAVE a wall of NES games. And sadly, they seem really popular. But they can be blamed for ruining it anyway because once 100,000 viewers see someone finding a rare, valuable game for $2 at a garage sale they start doing the same thing, and suddenly you're competing with thousands of other people.
>>
>>6302864
>>6302911
People basically do it for flipping and reselling. Find a popular N64 game at goodwill for $3, flip it for $50
>>
>>6295613
>>6295621
Okay, so that version of Beast there down near the bottom of the 2nd pic?

That alone will probably net you $30-$40 on ebay. Now go make back what you spent and continue making other amazing thrift store finds.
>>
>>6302864
nothing is more childish than playing with toys. that's why practically every clinical specialty's resident lounge I've chilled in during my clerkship rotations had a gaming console or two or one kind or another but no dedicated toy chest. not even the pediatric resident's lounge.
>>
>>6296005
Mine in Ohio has a lot of bagged toys like the one OP purchased. Unfortunately it's nothing good, usually a lot of Happy Meal toys which I have no interest in.
>>
>>6295621
Buy I'll help you make your money back, I want that Beast and Bishop
>>
>>6296076
I just moved to LA and the thrift stores are horrible, unless you want dvds. There are a bunch of really cool award show screeners of everything at the thrift stores. But shit toys.
>>
>>6304054
for you maybe, I said for me personally I find it even more childish than playing with toys.
>>
>>6304133
>for you maybe
oh I wasn't in charge of how other physicians decked up their lounges or what they did in their spare time. my point was that it's the case for practically everyone else but you. I was just highlighting how unique your personal opinion was.
>>
>>6302838
>nigger biker

wow, edgy
>>
>>6295621
wow. why the fuck can't i be this lucky?
>>
>>6302680
>5 Bucks for an Atari game.
That sucks, my game place near by has one 2600 game cost 99 cents.

Best thing I ever got from my local goodwill was a Mistika Tahu with the friggin' canister only missing one of the missile things. I have more luck with old games from thrift stores though, got a complete Ecco the Dolphin for 10 bucks and a Dreamcast with everything but AV Cords and games for 25 dollars.
>>
>>6304228
First day on 4chan, fag?
>>
>>6302864
I quite frankly have no idea how someone can think that gaming, a hobby that's become completely socially acceptable by now and provides products for pretty much all age groups, can in any way be considered more childish than toys. I mean I'm into both and all, but it quite literally does not get more childish than this.
>>
>>6302659
CANADAAAAA!!!
>>
>>6304489
I think he was referring more to going out of your way to find and purchase old physical video games, because they can easily be torrented and emulated for free, if you actually wanted to play them. Which, when you think about it, sounds pretty ridiculous.
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.