[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

TFG:TLK:FOR MY WORLD TO LIVE.YOURS MUST DIE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 342
Thread images: 94

File: scene-02451.jpg (456KB, 2560x1442px) Image search: [Google]
scene-02451.jpg
456KB, 2560x1442px
Old Thread: >>6292883
Today,24th April is the start of the REVEAL YOUR SHIELD EVENT were they will reveal the new TLK toys.
Challenge:
>Create a scene from the movie with your action figures.
>>
>Create a scene from the movie with your action figures.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTj8e_ww4AE
>>
File: downloadfile.jpg (298KB, 1912x796px) Image search: [Google]
downloadfile.jpg
298KB, 1912x796px
>This
>>
File: downloadfile.png (1MB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
downloadfile.png
1MB, 1334x750px
>>6294781
>Looks nothing like this
>>
>>6294781
>>6294782
>Explain
>>
>24 April street date for the NZ release of TLK toys
>go to the stores
>nothing on the shelves at any of them

Fuck me.
>>
>>6294836
Too bad...for you.They just put all the toys on the shelves! Wohoo!
>>
>>6294837
Why didn't they fucking do it this morning? Or fucking last night?
>>
>>6294836
Hasbro Singapore's doing this midnight launch thing on the 28th featuring:
>Exclusive Blackchrome OP Helmet and a pair of Premiere Movie Tickets to the Transformers: The Last Knight movie
>Exclusive Bumblebee Deluxe Figure
>Grab exciting gifts from Transformers “Gift Catcher”
>>
>>6294859
>Six pack
>>
How am I supposed to sleep knowing that One-step Steelbane will be revealed in a few hours?
>>
And Leader Dragonstorm.
>>
Twinferno Jr looks cute. When RID Twinferno comes out, you can build a whole Twinferno-not-Doublecross family.
>>
>>6294874
>>6294875
Wait,what?
>>
>>6294880
>Bayformer aesthetics

Yep, that checks out as bad alright. Textbook example of terrible design choices.
>>
>>6294882
>He likes blockyformers
Check
>>
File: tlk-leader-megatron.jpg (271KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
tlk-leader-megatron.jpg
271KB, 900x900px
>>6294884
>>
File: TLK-14.jpg (70KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
TLK-14.jpg
70KB, 600x600px
I just love this guy!
>>
File: TLK-02.jpg (42KB, 438x588px) Image search: [Google]
TLK-02.jpg
42KB, 438x588px
>>6294889
Me too
>>
File: tlk-leader-prime.jpg (268KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
tlk-leader-prime.jpg
268KB, 900x900px
>>6294886
Too bad that Leader prime isn't at the same level,atleast he doesn't have shitty chrome again.
>>
>>6294836

Whereabouts are you? There have been sightings in Central Auckland and Dunedin.

Sheeeyt they're up on Mighty Ape and Toyco's website too.
>>
>>6294889

So why are these labeled as "Premier Edition" again?
>>
>>6294895
>Premier Edition is their movie "accurate" line
Like SW Black Series or Marvel Legends.
>>
Can a live action Transformers appease to everyone though? People from all over the world watch these movies and have different reasons why.
At this point I'm just in it for the cinematography, the robots and action.

We are five movies in and the same complaints aren't going anywhere. I've accepted what the movies are and moved forward.
I'm not expecting much change from TF4, but will be watching the movie nonetheless.
>>
>>6294899
Obviously there's no way for someone to come up with a short answer that addresses every main reason, but here's my interpretation:

ROTF being almost objectively terrible → critics now hate Bay, LaBeouf, and Fox → DOTM is released → Critics universally slam DOTM based off its flaws → Critics have ethos and credibility on their side because of "The '09 Incident" so the general public joins the hatefest → AoE is nearly released → "Critics" universally slam AoE BEFORE IT'S RELEASED → "I haven't seen it yet and I already know it sucks" is acceptable because the loudest opinions are the negative ones + humans wanting to release negativity on something no-one's going to defend without losing their dignity → AoE's situation repeating with TLK so far (though I think TLK might be a game changer) → some people are actually hopeful for the Bumble movie since Bay isn't directing it
...This however, is still a very linear (literally) and basic explanation of why the TF movies are hated now. There's so many other points and details I could go into, but I've done it dozens of time already on the internet.
>>
>>6294882
aesthetiiic man
>>
>>6294899
>Can a live action Transformers appease to everyone though?

All it'd need to be watchable for me is to get the fuck away from the Bayformer aesthetic. Half the 'bots look like walking scrapheaps, the other half look like someone duct taped a bunch of knives to a giant spider or wasp. A design with some kind of coherence, or shit, just anything that wasn't a complete and total visual fucking mess, would be fine.
>>
File: 1493012253598.jpg (63KB, 583x720px) Image search: [Google]
1493012253598.jpg
63KB, 583x720px
>>6294905
Something like this?
>>
>>6294902
>There's so many other points and details I could go into, but I've done it dozens of time already on the internet.
Same, but on explaining why Bayformers being universally panned is still making big dosh even in domestic/ignoring international bux.

On the side note, it was a horrible time for fans during AoE, with it being so bad and bloated that Hasbro and Bay arte going full-ass marketing on the fifth like never before (or at least in tier with TF2007). It's like the most positive damage control I've ever witnessed.

Bayformers and DCEU are struggling to get out the rotten tomato barrel.
>>
>>6294905
Please, if the story and the focus was half as decent (or at least coherently but boring like your current MCU) then the aesthetic would be the least of the concerns.

Besides, TLK's new designs are going in the right direction.
>>
>>6294907
The mouth is a mess and the leggs are way too busy. ROTF Crabtank looks cleaner.
>>
>>6294895
later waves will have even less paint
>>
I just wish they'd stop making bayformers into shelformers.

Like fuck I'm okay with the scrapheap designs but holy fuck I'm tired of movietoys where you just peel the car parts off a robot man and tuck them behind its back.
>>
>>6294894
Christchurch. Went to Barrington and the two Westfield shops early this afternoon, fucking nothing. Didn't get to Blenheim Road.
>>
>>6294949
Dinobots and Megs seem to be doing fine at least.

Bee too/.
>>
>>6294949
Yeah they've been doing that for the cars and trucks since AoE. The one that looks least shellformer-y was actually Lockdown and that Bee that reused that old mold's engineering. Seemed like they've totally given up.

To be fair, Knight Optimus' transformation in particular is a little ridiculous and seemingly made out of pure movie magic. TakaTomy would've rushed to make a masterpiece of him by now if they could figure out how to make that work.
>>
File: Letrons-Transformers3-600x343.jpg (76KB, 600x343px) Image search: [Google]
Letrons-Transformers3-600x343.jpg
76KB, 600x343px
>>6294905
heres your non scrapheaps transformers
>>
>>6294974
That guy was always my favorite Gobot.
>>
>>6294882
>>6294884
Why not both?
>>
>>6294895
The standard mainline size classes are called "Premier Edition" as a clear indicator that these are the toys that collectors are gonna get. It's like the "Generations" title on the AOE mainline, except they didn't want any confusion between the TLK toys and the Prime Wars stuff.
>>
>>6294986
>collectors
Yeah right. Then why don't they have a obese black man instead of >>6293255 ?
>>
>>6294996
Because the line is ostensibly for kids like the rest of it, but it's the one the collectors are supposed to buy as well.
>>
File: Warrior-Soundwave-1.jpg (117KB, 810x792px) Image search: [Google]
Warrior-Soundwave-1.jpg
117KB, 810x792px
Seeing how RID loves repaints, we're bound to get a Soundblaster out of this right?
>>
>>6295007
I hope they do a Strika because the mold has one big boob
>>
>>6295007
would make a Tarn out of that mold.
>>
Site live now.
>>
>>6295024
>My boy Barricade getting all the Decepticon promos and he hasn't made a robot mode cameo in a trailer

WHAT DID THEY MEAN BY THIS?
>>
File: De laatste.jpg (62KB, 281x412px) Image search: [Google]
De laatste.jpg
62KB, 281x412px
>>6294754

I just realized what is off about that title for me.
>>
>>6294859

Probably every day.
>>
>>6295038

Incidentally, this book is fucking brilliant.

It starts with a unicorn who gradually realizes that she hasn't ever seen another unicorn.

This was four year after "the last unicorn" came out and the books have nothing else in common. Still difficult to see no connection.

It's mostly about cats.
>>
>>6294893
I wonder why they didn't use the knight prime tomy did. Maybe cost too much but the lack of effort feels a bit insulting.
>>
>>6295034
Means that they save him for the movie.
>>
File: image.jpg (185KB, 1308x1059px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
185KB, 1308x1059px
>>6294889
>HAI GUISE
>>
>>6294889
>>6295052
>You vs the knight she told you not to worry about
>>
File: TlkmegatronLennox.jpg (165KB, 2048x967px) Image search: [Google]
TlkmegatronLennox.jpg
165KB, 2048x967px
So either Megatron anti-hero is confirmed or he's manipulating these guys into working with him
>>
Is there a guide or something that shows all third party makers? Looking to get some but have no clue what is "good" or "bad".
>>
File: 324201794641.jpg (227KB, 829x960px) Image search: [Google]
324201794641.jpg
227KB, 829x960px
I know we're all on about TLK but I worked on a custom Nova Prime yesterday that I'm pretty happy with. Even gave him new feet with articulation.

Salute to the movie Soundwaves who died to make this possible.
>>
>>6295123
ask >>6287123
>>
>>6295124
Terrible waste.
>>
>>6295122
He's The Last Knight like how Kylo Ren is The Last Jedi
>>
>>6295129
Nah, they were junkers. And they have so many useful joints that's they'll continue to live on.
>>
>>6295136
It's not good, you stuck some wings on cw optimus and fucked up the feet, rubbish.
>>
>>6295122
I'll take both.
>>
>>6295140

He's not wrong. You should do something about the head at least.
>>
>>6295123
>what is "good" or "bad"

>Good
Wei Jiang is very good.

>Bad
Xovergen was fucking shite.
>>
>>6295153
Well yeah, paint's probably the next step. He's still missing stuff.

Ah well, all the stuff's reversible anyway, but it's not like it's a rare figure. No big.
>>
File: tlk03-berserker-01.jpg (99KB, 751x800px) Image search: [Google]
tlk03-berserker-01.jpg
99KB, 751x800px
For those of you who have actually managed to find the toys, what is Berserker like? He's the one I'm most hyped about. Love me some black SUVs.
>>
>>6295156
>all the stuff's reversible anyway

I didn't say you should stop. If you want a Nova Prime, you should go for it.
>>
>>6294762
>Why is the discord so bad? They ban if the circlejerk doesnt like you or if you have opinions they dont like :v

Is "the discord" some hip way of saying "discourse" or something? I am old.
>>
>>6295161
I think it's the chat site website but I don't think I've heard of a /tfg/ discord.
>>
>>6295154
Shway Jiang's a (quality) KO company though.
>>
>>6295158
Hes alright, but needs way more paint than just those cheeto fingers, maybe wait for a repaint.
>>
>>6295158
Leg articulation looks spot on. Wish he had more black paint. He's really lacking.
>>
>>6295161

"Discord" means 'chaos' or 'strife'. It's a little archaic.

Actually I say that...

"(...)

discord

1. lack of concord or harmony between persons or things: marital discord.
2.disagreement; difference of opinion.
3.strife; dispute; war.
4.Music. an inharmonious combination of musical tones sounded together.
5.any confused or harsh noise; dissonance.

(...)"

>>6295182
...Yes, that's what I said?
>>
>>6295191
oh wait he said all 3P, nevermind
>>
File: cullen-welker.jpg (141KB, 1775x948px) Image search: [Google]
cullen-welker.jpg
141KB, 1775x948px
Good news.Welker is back.
>>
>>6295201
Obviously since Hugo's not coming back.

I would prefer WFC's Megatron voice but it's nice to see those two side by side
>>
File: VectorPrime_toy.jpg (66KB, 800x416px) Image search: [Google]
VectorPrime_toy.jpg
66KB, 800x416px
>>6294889
>>
File: Optimusdestruction.webm (3MB, 600x336px) Image search: [Google]
Optimusdestruction.webm
3MB, 600x336px
So i'm guessing these are the guys that the Autobots and all the humans are fighting while on the pieces of Cybertron?
>>
>>6295201
I actually don't like Welker's Megatron much, he's overrated because he was the first one. We had better Megatrons
>>
>>6295218
My best theory is that Cybertron is trying to combine with earth to survive, or probably eat it.

Optimus will make that so, and humans+Autobots and Decepticons will try to stop him and the planet from destroying each other.

Plus they might mutate Cybertron into Unicron.
>>
>>6295218
Zombie Knights for the climax of the movie, Decepticons and Autobots early in the movie.

It's likely that Barricade survives all the other cons besides Megatron.
>>
>>6295221
This. The voice is too much of a caricature. He just sounds like a generic, screaming maniac all the time. I like the voice, but if you're actually trying to tell a story, the voice automatically undercuts any attempt at performance or character development.

Corey Burton's Megatron is GOAT.
>>
Movie fans get EVERY SINGLE MAJOR CHARACTER as a toy multiple times every time there's a movie each better and more screen accurate than the last, and now you're going to have THREE Master Piece figures in a year. And you dare to complain about that?

Movie fans are spoiled rotten, they are like the other side of the coin of the geewunn people. You literally won the fandom wars. The movies are the most well known, most profitable and longest running piece of transformers in the 30 year history of the franchise, and you still feel inferior to a bunch of angry 40 year old neckbears because they wrote a mean message how they don't like the movies. The movies will be the new G1, and 10 years from now when we're on Bumblebee #5 nobody will even remember G1 existing and all new toys will be movie related and I bet that you will still be crying about G1.

Enjoy you fucking victory ffs.
>>
>>6295237
>>6295221
Have you watched TF Prime? That's Welker's best Megatron performance, largely thanks to how the character is written. He's more BW Megs than the senile G1 Megs.
>>
File: snap.jpg (292KB, 1242x1239px) Image search: [Google]
snap.jpg
292KB, 1242x1239px
>>
>>6295232

I wonder if they'll have the balls to keep Earth partly as Cybertron at the end of the movie.

>Why didn't Cybertron just merge with Mars, instead?

The apparent destruction of the moon seems a shout-out to Unicron.
>>
>>6295246
>neckbears

That's actually a subset of 'beefy gay guys'.
>>
>>6295253

>Turns out Hopkins' character is the final descendant of the Knights of the Round Table
>He commands Dragonstorm (or whatever the fuck retarded name the idiots came up with)
> HE is the 'Last Knight'
>>
>>6295246
Good. G1 needs to be left behind
>>
>>6295258

...But it never will.

A tree cannot leave its roots behind.

Frankly I am about ready for some new characters.

>A series set during the war at its peak
>It actually spans the galaxy one end to the other
>There are at least three major battles a day
>Trillions of Transformers
>Thousands of separate armies
>Tens of thousands of planets are being fought over
>Every other species is trembling in terror and trying to survive the best it can
>Earth is just one tiny world in the conflict

I mean, I'd like to see that. The scale of the franchise tends to be a little small.
>>
>>6295124
Fuck man. Two whole Soundwaves dewinged.
>>
>>6295237
I can't really imagine Corey's Megatron in shouting lines. Scheming, sure but not for Bay Megs.
>>
>>6295249
>That's Welker's best Megatron performance, largely thanks to how the character is written.

Yeah, and its just boring. Like everything about boring TF Prime.
>>
>>6295246
>You dare complain about that

Yeah, sure we can. We get new toys twice a year, not all of them are good and if they are, they're praised. If not, then we complain, much like I don't know, every other line in Transformers?

On the other hand, G1 gets their favorite major characters with multiple molds, usually in different lines with tens of different repaints, and G1 got the better half of the Masterpiece deal.

Movies never won the fandom war. Moviefags disappear when there's the 1 year hiatus, and Hasbro rarely does movie figures without the accompanying movie.
>>
>>6295267
IDW's going in the right direction, but I fear it might be overstaying its welcome.

TF needs to do more stories in different earthly timelines to shake things up. I doubt the cartoons would follow up on this since they're hellbent on rebooting it to earth over and over again.
>>
>>6295257
I'll take Hannibal Lector over Cade being the last knight.
>>
One trillion billion planets in the cosmos and they keep coming here,to Earth.
>>
File: transformers2_bumblebee.jpg (72KB, 647x450px) Image search: [Google]
transformers2_bumblebee.jpg
72KB, 647x450px
>>6295246
>Movie fans get EVERY SINGLE MAJOR CHARACTER as a toy multiple times every time

But we don't really care about that. We'd be content with just ONE really good figure of the character. Its not my fault Hasbro went full retard and started doing lines completely different from how they where doing things for a solid 25 years before that.

>and now you're going to have THREE Master Piece figures in a year.

WOAH THREE WHOLE FIGURES that are probably only a little better than things we where getting as regular releases a few years ago.

>Movie fans are spoiled rotten, they are like the other side of the coin of the geewunn people. You literally won the fandom wars.

How so? The movies may be successful monetarily, but a most of the money doens't come from fans. movie watchers are more tourists than residents, and are seen as such and with disdain by the fandom at large.

>The movies will be the new G1, and 10 years from now when we're on Bumblebee #5 nobody will even remember G1 existing and all new toys will be movie related

Ha. All Hasbro has done is use the movies to pump up G1 and G1 characters even when they conflict with their Bayformer counterparts. Bumblebee is a perfect example. Movie Bee and G1 Bee are effectively different characters, yet Hasbro pushed G1 Bee, a long forgotten character who had successfully replaced by Hot Shot, and propped him up as a tentpole character despite not having a new toy since literally before I was born and being unknown to anyone in my generation. With the exception of tFP, which did mimic movie Bee, Hasbro's been pushing a Bumblebee that's been entirely different from the actually popular movie BB, just because they share a name. Samething for characters like ratchet or Ironhide or Sideswipe, who had been relegated to name reuses. Do we get a black Ironhide or yellow Ratchet or silver Sideswipe in the newer cartoons? No, we got ones that homage the G1 incarnations and take some superficial movie elements.
>>
What is up with all the unpainted plastic on Barricade?
>>
>>6295314

Shit, that's probably it. Hopkins telling Cade "You are the final descendant of Arthur, king of the Britons".

Or maybe it's that little girl.

>>6295322

Even if we limit it to just the galaxy it's odd. At least in 'Prime' there was a reason.
>>
>>6295326
Out of all the characters in Bayformers, Barricade probably was the most influential in getting newer and slightly movie-inspired roles in the Cybertron games, toys and the IDWverse, effectively making that version more known than his original version.

I'll be honest, I was certainly expecting Ironhide in his newer incarnations to be getting them giant-ass wrist cannons, which is probably the second thing I'd be comfortable with if they took movie cues.
>>
>>6295330
prmiere edition
>>
>>6295330
"""""PREMIERE""""""

Other than that, paint cost cutting just like in AoE.
>>
>>6295326

Not to mention the movies have been crucial in bringing back Peter cullen as the regular voice as Optimus Prime, despite there being no need to and it seeming unlikely. Besides voicing Eeyore, he was practically retired. And the whole fucking Classics line,w which at this point has overtaken it's original purpose as a filer line between movies and has become the dominant line. IF the movies actually "won", like you say, we'd be getting nothing but movie aesthetes and movie toys. Even when comics or TV shows or toys try to mimic the movie look, they always do so while trying to blend the G1 look in it.

Even the newest cartoon, RiD, has gotten rid of any movie aesthetics from its previous series, TFP, who also wore the movie influence on its sleeve. Hasbro has long moved on to using the movies as nothing else but an advertisement, a launch point to advertise their own ideas for the franchise.
>>
>>6295249
Yeah. It was pretty good. I watched it before I watched Animated, and ended up liking Burton more, but you can definitely tell Welker kind of pulled back Megatron's voice there, both to make him more of a character, and probably to save his fucking vocal chords.
>>
>>6295326
Hell I was practically surprised when they even used more than three Bayformers in their latest mobile game. Even moreso when they had the Decepticons.
>>
>>6295345
Times like these when I'm glad they're not pulling a Marvel when it comes to movie synergy.
>>
>>6295201
>>6295221
I will never respect Welker because when the writer for Beast Wars tried to get him to reprise the G1 Megatron role for a cameo,a nd even offered to do the recording in his home recording studio so Welker wouldn't have to leave the house, he declined over money.
That tells me he has no real love for the character, that pay would be an issue over literally two sentences and less than a minute of dialogue. Noe the franchise is a big deal again and he wants to talk about how much playing the character means to him? Fuck that fake bullshit.

And that's why I like Corey Burton, who straight up says he has no interest in being involved with the movies or any overbloated movies, and pushed for Shockwave in TF Animated.
>>
File: David Kaye.jpg (34KB, 508x382px) Image search: [Google]
David Kaye.jpg
34KB, 508x382px
>>6295221
>>6295237

I like Welker and Burton but David Kaye is the definitive Megatron.
>>
>>6295311
>IDW's going in the right direction
Eh. I think they already had been there and done that. The war is over in IDW. Their early issues actually spent a lot of time hopping around different galaxies and showing the war taking place on different fronts and Cybertronians interacting with different aliens. They never spent too much time on it though, because they knew their fanbase was 99% geewunners who wanted to see the original cartoon plot rehashed, so it always came back to Earth.

I'd be fine seeing a Transformers story where Earth never enters the equation. It's why I really enjoyed the new direction IDW took 6 years ago when they kicked off RiD/MTMTE. Full of Cybertronian lore and politics, and no fucking Earth shit. Of course, now they're including Earth again, but it's not so bad.
>>
>>6294782
How much you want to bet that is botanica, just because Michael bay hates doing these and only does them for money, knowing tf fans hate him, he asked the resident lore fag what the worst series was, they told him beast machines, so he was like EXCELLENT, that's what we're incorporating.
>>
>>6295372
Ironically, they made MTMTE so bland that the return to earth and the Windblade 3 runs feels far better, and that's the series that got me into the IDW comics due to its lack of familiar territory like civil war Cybertron or Earth. Shame what happened to it in the recent times but I guess they can't stretch it forever.
>>
>>6295372
I didn't really keep up after Shockwave's whole big dealio, but I really enjoyed mtmte becuase it was just a bunch of b-listers flying around getting in trouble.
>>
>>6295376
I don't think he hates the TF fandom to the point of actually giving effort to know a piece of lore to infuriate a small circle of BW lorefags, rather he just doesn't care a lot and it's Paramount making him do these things.
>>
>>6295372

We've had minis set in the past BEFORE the war and in the early days of the war, and now we have series set after the war after having some in the dying days of the war, but we have never seen IDW do something with the peak of the war, when the Decepticon empire was at the zenith of its power. It was all already pretty worn-down in 'Stormbringer'.
>>
File: image.jpg (423KB, 680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
423KB, 680x1050px
>>6295336
>I was certainly expecting Ironhide in his newer incarnations to be getting them giant-ass wrist cannons
And he has been. Of the three versions of Ironhide that have shown up since the movies started, two of them have had the cannons -- or at least, an official design that uses the cannons.
>>
I’m doing Transformers … 5, is it? I’ve taken on a lot of work. … It's fun to do a movie that 100 million people will see. But this is the last one. I have to pass the reins to someone else. J.J. [Abrams] told me, ‘You’re the only guy that could do this.’ But it’s time to move on. One more.
>>
>>6294974

That looks like a badly designed toy, that wouldn't work.

>>6294907

This is a lot more coherent, but could definitely use some fixing up. As much as people love to troll and shitpost here about "muh G1", a good looking 3D TF would probably end up looking more like a G1 'bot than anything else. Except instead of squared armor plating, it'd probably be more angled/less open, like actual knight armor, which was meant to try and channel the force of blows away from the body. The Bay aesthetic looks like a walking nightmare of impractical bullshit because it really does look like they've got all of their most vital inner bits exposed, and dust/gunfire/whatever would have no problem getting into them.
>>
’ve been living in this franchise for over 10 years now. For Transformers: The Last Knight, we put together a writers’ room designed to greatly expand our mythology, integrating our films in a whole new way. Every movie will interlink.

It was a huge task to expand mythology from the beginning of the world throughout history. We had a great team of writers: Akiva Goldsman (A Beautiful Mind); Art Marcum & Matt Holloway (Iron Man); Ken Nolan (Black Hawk Down); Zak Penn (Ready Player One); Lindsey Beer (Barbie); Geneva Robertson-Dworet (Tomb Raider); Christina Hodson (Bumblebee); Steven DeKnight (Daredevil, Smallville); Jeff Pinkner (The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Lost); and Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari (Ant-Man).

Through the summer of 2015, they worked in a huge space on the Paramount lot, surrounded by over 10,000 concept images from the franchise’s history: the movies, cartoons, and comic books. They had a life-size Bumblebee, a Megatron head, and many other props staring them down. We pulled from everything. It was a fan’s dream room.
>>
We brought in Transformers historians from Hasbro to educate them on where Transformers has been – so that they could figure out where it can go.

I can safely say that there’s never been a Transformers film with the huge visual scope and expansive mythology as this movie, The Last Knight.

It’s bittersweet for me. With every Transformers film, I’ve said it would be my last. I see the 120 million fans around the world who see these movies, the huge theme park lines to the ride and the amazing Make- A-Wish kids who visit my sets, and it somehow keeps drawing me back. I love doing these movies. This film was especially fun to shoot. But, this time might really be it. So I’m blowing this one out.

It’s a final chapter and a new beginning. Here’s the writers’ log line:

The Last Knight shatters the core myths of the Transformers franchise, and redefines what it means to be a hero. Humans and Transformers are at war, Optimus Prime is gone. The key to saving our future lies buried in the secrets of the past, in the hidden history of Transformers on Earth. Saving our world falls upon the shoulders of an unlikely alliance: Cade Yeager (Mark Wahlberg); Bumblebee; an English Lord (Sir Anthony Hopkins); and an Oxford Professor (Laura Haddock).

There comes a moment in everyone’s life when we are called upon to make a difference.

In Transformers: The Last Knight, the hunted will become heroes. Heroes will become villains. Only one world will survive: theirs, or ours.
>>
Michael Bay:
You better believe I bought it!!
>>
File: Michael+bay+dogs2.jpg (433KB, 1367x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Michael+bay+dogs2.jpg
433KB, 1367x1600px
His dog was called Bonecrusher and now he has one that is called Bumblebee if I remember correctly.You all can say all the shit about Bay but I respect him.He is awesome and made TF known worldwide.At the begining is true,he said that TF is dumb but he wanted to make the movie because he had the chance to work with Spielberg but now,after 10 years he has became a TF fan.I said the same thing that Transformers is shit,it's dumb and now I'm a fan of them.
>>
File: 20170424_124025.jpg (2MB, 2576x1932px) Image search: [Google]
20170424_124025.jpg
2MB, 2576x1932px
Is it worth it? None of these are guys I was wanting
>>
File: michael-bay_0.jpg (60KB, 1200x550px) Image search: [Google]
michael-bay_0.jpg
60KB, 1200x550px
It's sad,Bay is not a bad guy and people hate him so much.I'm sorry for him.:(
I'm also dissapointed that he leaves the franchise,I'm not sure how good Travis Knight will do with the Bumblebee movie.Sad.
>>
>>6295436
Berserker is good.Slash is decent now with those colors but I'm not sure if he will be in TLK.
>>
>>6295436
If you can get them for five bucks, grab a Berserker or two.
>>
>>6295436

literally day one and the shelves are full of all the shitty shelfwarmers
>>
>>6295436
Dear God, you hit the price check motherload. I'd love a Berserker for 5.
>>
>everywhere people are bitching/hyped for TLK figures
>australia only has a sputtering of 3 step changers and turbo changers
>tommorow/today is a public holiday and good chance minimal staff mean ANY decent transformers being stocked up

Should I got TF hunting or should I wait, so much for release day Yesterday.

I just want a barricade/see if their prices are higher than existing rid/TR stuff
>>
>>6295438
It's interesting. I watch these movies and realize a LOT of fucking work was put into them. People hate them because they come off as mindless (and they are dumb as fuck, often), and Geewunners hate that it's not 100% faithful to their toy commercials, but they are really complex. The stunt work and action are some of the best in current cinema, but nobody ever gives it any credit because they're too busy scoffing and turning up their noses because it's Michael Bay, and he's worse than Hitler, right?
>>
I'm still waiting for "proper" (no helmet requirement) titan masters for Soundwave&Blaster
>>
>>6295476
>I'm still waiting for something that Hasbro has no incentive to create other than to satisfy my autism
Gonna be a long time, amigo.
>>
>>6295472
Personally I liked the first movie but after that the magic was gone

>alien MACHINES
>all the revealing
>watching how people deal with it

All movies have alot of work, even dragon ball evolution had alot of work, its the end product that shows what it has become and personally the stupid shit like bumblebee peeing on people could of been left out.

I'm conflicted about the transformers and human screen time, too much of either is a bad thing but most of the time I'm just sick of the army men charging around screaming
>>
>>6295476

Why on Earth would that ever happen?
>>
File: DoubleOptimus.jpg (659KB, 991x737px) Image search: [Google]
DoubleOptimus.jpg
659KB, 991x737px
Which one?
>>
>>6295476
So you want a voyager with spring gimmick or a deluxe with smaller head clearances then?

Because the point of the gimmicks for the larger bodies is to make them scale better, helmets for leaders spring gimmicks for voyagers.

Maybe you can make your own take if that helps
>>
You know what? Michael Bay is awesome. I like him,he works so hard to make those movies. Just look at the visuals. Fucking brilliant! I respect him.
Too bad that he doesn't have a wife( he had some girlfriends but they didn't like animals/dogs so he told them to leave). "She needs to be a dog lover"-Michael Bay.
>>
>>6295488
>>6295492
I meant regarding the little guy who turns into a head, not the whole figure
>>
>>6295495
Why would that ever happen?
>>
File: test.jpg (172KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
test.jpg
172KB, 1080x1080px
>transformersofficial instagram
>"Check out the detail on these Transformers: The Last Knight figures. Now available online! In stores Friday!"

Who the fuck let John "g2 bruticus is accurate" Warden post this?

...after that last blunder of mine this is somehow better
>>
The only thing the stores near me had of TLK where those mask figures of Optimus and Bumblebee. Really wanted a Berseker.
>>
>>6295507
>Details
>Prime has fucking shitty paint
That better be a painted prototype...
>>
>>6295520
the mold is the hasbro leader type, its already behind the previous retooled version takara put out back in the movie advanced line.

They gave it a shittier paint job that the original version of it, this ain't no prototype this is the reality of how TLK is being treated, even the grill is unpainted
>>
File: PlotToTransformers6.gif (383KB, 312x176px) Image search: [Google]
PlotToTransformers6.gif
383KB, 312x176px
If anyone cares, BBTS has the TR wave with Kup and the rest in.
>>
>>6295525
>It's the final product
What's the point of buying Bayformers toys anymore...
>>
>>6295507
Sad that it's the same leader from 3 years ago. Knight Armor would have been decent.
>>
File: HowHorrifying.jpg (48KB, 420x338px) Image search: [Google]
HowHorrifying.jpg
48KB, 420x338px
>>6295551
>>6295525
>"Premiere" line
>charged extra for it
>get this
>>
I found the new TLK toys today,deluxes are 10$ and voyager are 15$.Pretty good prices,they could have been better.
>>
>>6295558
Where?
>>
>>6295566
Texas
>>
File: CXqBiEd.png (653KB, 1071x719px) Image search: [Google]
CXqBiEd.png
653KB, 1071x719px
>>6295237
Good taste.
>>
File: Z1ncxVp.jpg (168KB, 742x960px) Image search: [Google]
Z1ncxVp.jpg
168KB, 742x960px
>>6295490
Left because two swords.

Two swords son.
Two fucking swords.
>>
In my dream Kre-o came back for the movie line but it was just one figure and a bunch of accessories for like $15, no more blind bags
>>
File: 294740.jpg (36KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
294740.jpg
36KB, 225x350px
>>6295555
>mfw
>Remembers that TFs at my nearest TRU are insanely expensive
>Around 500 SEK (50$) for a deluxe
>Around 700 SEK (70$) for a voyager
>1000 SEK (100$) for a leader

Fuck this gay country
>>
>>6295603
You know....you could move in another country.
>>
File: 1433204474918.gif (987KB, 229x176px) Image search: [Google]
1433204474918.gif
987KB, 229x176px
>mfw they put in the effort of retooling the ROTF legion Optimus to have clip-on wheels
>>
>>6295607
Not if moving expenses are relative to those prices they can't.
>>
>>6295495

Yes, we got that. Why would that ever happen?
>>
BBTS got in the wave 4 deluxes featuring Kup, Preceptor and Black Skullcruncher. However the legends are still on preorder.

Which means I don't wanna ship my loot yet despite having Broadside and Black Shadow in there as well.
>>
>>6295757
That's nice, but this is not your blog.
>>
File: Fgt.jpg (73KB, 655x600px) Image search: [Google]
Fgt.jpg
73KB, 655x600px
>>6295760
>he thinks talking about toys on /toy/ is blogging

Pic related, it's you.

>>6295757
Yeah I noticed earlier, nabbed the Deluxes I wanted before they sell out or whatever the fuck once the rest of the net realizes the shitty Walmart embargo or whatever the fuck was holding up orders is over. Just wish I'd had the extra money laying around when toydojo put them up, so I wouldn't get nickel and dimed for shipping, but oh well. Now I get tagged with a shipping fee for not having the dosh available earlier.
>>
File: 1387083685850.png (30KB, 274x323px) Image search: [Google]
1387083685850.png
30KB, 274x323px
>going out to buy a new shelf
>remember TLK stuff is supposed to be on the shelves at TRU now
>drop by TRU on my way to the furniture store to check whats there
>there's a few 40$ premier Grimlock voyagers
>that's it
>also the Titans Return deluxes are 30$ now
>30$ for Titans Return Blurr
>Go to the electronics section to see what there are for box sets
>There are no boxsets anymore only like 10 TLK Murderprime helmets where the boxsets should be

ooo canadaaa
>>
Why was Berserker greenlit? His transformation is the most frustrating thing ever and I think it's literally easier to turn yourself into an SUV than it js to get his ass pegged together.
>>
>>6295786
So people like you can complain and we can get nothing but one-steps from here on out.
>>
File: HowHorrifyingArcee.jpg (9KB, 90x156px) Image search: [Google]
HowHorrifyingArcee.jpg
9KB, 90x156px
>>6295785
>literally 2x the price of US products

Fuck that.
>>
>>6295787
There's a difference between something that's complicated and something that doesn't work.
>>
>>6295785
Hasbro wins again!
>>
>>6295158
new Crankcase looks cool
>>
>>6295490
Transfoaofsnart looks ready to battle anything, but 2sremrmers5 looks swole as fuck
>>
>>6295798
>Hasbro deluxes are over 30$
>for like ~10$ more I can just buy a takara deluxe

Does it even count as being a takaracuck if I'm not even wasting that much more money than I would otherwise?
>>
File: IronHideConsider.jpg (543KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
IronHideConsider.jpg
543KB, 800x600px
>>6295813

For not much more you could buy a 3P figure and have something that actually has engineering to justify the price.

I don't feel bad buying a Hasbro figure because it's a $15 toy that looks, feels, and is painted like one. I'd feel really shitty buying a $40+ Takara toy because it's really just a $15 toy dressed up in more paint. At that point I shift gears entirely and go for a MP or 3P toy, because it's got engineering worth it's price point (well, assuming you don't buy a shitty 3P figure, anyway).
>>
>>6295823
>3P figure
>something that actually has engineering
Pick one and only one. There's a reason those retards don't have actual jobs making popular toys.
>>
>>6295785
Worth it for the free healthcare!
>>
>>6295823
Most 3P toys are overengineered shit that barely looks like the character it's based on.

I have both MT Computron and Takara Computron. I prefer Takara Computron.
>>
>>6295813
>>for like ~10$ more I can just buy a takara deluxe
Not even. On HLJ they're only 30-ish. Of course, shipping isn't cheap, but if you're already ordering some other stuff from them, it's worth it.
>>
>>6295786
eh, i never trans my formers into vehicle mode ever unless im moving or maybe storage. so thank god they started selling them in default robot mode
>>
File: BWTelemocha_triffid.jpg (144KB, 787x645px) Image search: [Google]
BWTelemocha_triffid.jpg
144KB, 787x645px
>>6295376
Hey, if it means we finally get a Botanica toy, I'm down.

We need more plantformers.
>>
>>6295887
Well that's certainly something different.
>>
File: photo_2017-04-24_17-59-14.jpg (160KB, 956x1280px) Image search: [Google]
photo_2017-04-24_17-59-14.jpg
160KB, 956x1280px
Got UW Baldigus in the mail today. He looks great but the thighs are a bit fiddly, making him kind of tricky to put in any decent action pose.
>>
File: photo_2017-04-24_17-59-20.jpg (179KB, 1280x956px) Image search: [Google]
photo_2017-04-24_17-59-20.jpg
179KB, 1280x956px
>>6295900
Looks awesome as a team too. Also, I apologize for the hideous lighting.
>>
>>6295823
Yeah that's an issue with the mold I find, The hips are slightly awkward

if you want a tip for posing it in combined mode, don't use the thigh swivel to turn the legs, keep the thighs facing forward and turn the legs using the combiner joints on the legbots. It looks a lot nicer in my opinion.
>>
File: 20170424_205208_resized.jpg (1MB, 3096x1741px) Image search: [Google]
20170424_205208_resized.jpg
1MB, 3096x1741px
>>6295785
Oh yeah also
>finally have a new shelf in my room to put all my TFs on
>dedicate a shelf to my combiners
>Devy is too big to stand on it unless I dedicate like 1/4 of the entire shelf to him

I'm really surprised at how well this guy can sit down.
>>
>>6295986
That's nice. Termites ate my shelves, and I'm currently waiting it out to see if more show up.
>>
File: 1449277417725.jpg (166KB, 596x594px) Image search: [Google]
1449277417725.jpg
166KB, 596x594px
>No laserwave reissue in proper purple with better legs
>No megatron repaint in silver with red legs with fixed tolerances
>No not-shit rodimus prime reissue/V.2

All the official products I want are shit.
>>
>>6295823
>I'd feel really shitty buying a $40+ Takara toy because it's really just a $15 toy dressed up in more paint
I guess that's kind of true. The thing is, in recent years I've really come to love the engineering on Hasbro's retail lines. They're simple enough to be transformed in about 30 seconds, but the engineering is still quite clever. Meanwhile 3Ps are often a pain in the ass and end up making a ton of sacrifices to look great in bot mode, but shit in alt. mode, and MPs are slowly becoming a ball-ache to transform in the name of cartoon accuracy instead of just making a good toy.

Not that there's anything wrong with those other efforts, but lately I find myself just wanting something that's fun to fiddle with, and the TR line is nailing it. And well, if I'm gonna own them, they may as well look good, so I tend to go for Takara. I find that the improved quality of materials as well as paint tends to make them worth what I pay. Which isn't 40 dollars, so stop with that meme.
>>
File: 20170321_160411.jpg (4MB, 4492x2924px) Image search: [Google]
20170321_160411.jpg
4MB, 4492x2924px
>>6296018

Grinder was such a breath a fresh air. He actually Transforms without insane hijinks despite being a 200 dollar premium toy. I get that he's grimlock and kinda always has a basic bitch transformation but it's nice to just transform a thing in 30 seconds.
>>
>>6296012
>No megatron repaint in silver with red legs with fixed tolerances

Just wait for it, MP36 only came out like a month ago
>>
>>6296026
Grinder is tempting. I hope if Takara ever does a V2 of Grimlock they drop all the stupid gimmicks and just make a 130$ Grimlock with no bullshit, a braindead transformation and good quality.
>>
>>6296034
>just make a 130$ Grimlock with no bullshit

If Takara made a Grimlock today it'd be a solid $50-70 more expensive than Grinder, going by the MP2.0 Megs VS Despotron or similar. And they might even do something recklessly stupid like douse the whole fucking thing in grey paint, just like Megs too.
>>
>>6295397
Isn't that the video game that never finished?

Where else did he show his wrist cannons?
>>
File: 20170413_190747.jpg (4MB, 5340x2700px) Image search: [Google]
20170413_190747.jpg
4MB, 5340x2700px
>>6296034
>>6296037

I can absolutely recommend Grindr as a really solid Grimlock free of any QC issues, with proper accessories and a great transformation (even though it is basically MP-08).
>>
>>6295490
>>6295596
>>>>Dual Wielding
>>
>>6296037
>If Takara made a Grimlock today it'd be a solid $50-70 more expensive than Grinder, going by the MP2.0 Megs VS Despotron or similar.

I don't know, they've yet to break the ~200 mark, and a lot of the inflating prices you get come from import websites like BBTS and TF Source. I only paid $180 or so for MP Megatron, and it has electronics. Granted thats not factoring shipping, but I'm shipping it with 10+ other figures.
>>
>>6294781
>>6294782

Maybe it's because it's not The same character?
>>
>>6296037
>I think BBTS prices are the real prices that Takara came up with. It's their fault!
Kek.
>they might even do something recklessly stupid like douse the whole fucking thing in grey paint
That would be a good thing, because unpainted gray plastic looks like shit, which is why every Grimlock and Starscream has looked awful and swirly. It's pretty impressive how harshly paint has been demonized in recent months, simply because of Megatron's poor engineering. It IS possible to have figures covered in paint that looks good and doesn't chip. I didn't see anyone on a crusade against MP Smokescreen's extensive paint job. And hell, Ironhide has paint all over that doesn't chip, and his Transformation is pretty involved.

I can't wait to see you retards go on a crusade against articulation or something.
>>
>>6296053
>I can't wait to see you retards go on a crusade against articulation or something.

Thats the Classic Seeker mode fandom's thing.
>>
File: Fuccboi (4).jpg (3MB, 2988x5312px) Image search: [Google]
Fuccboi (4).jpg
3MB, 2988x5312px
>>6296053

Why is Megatron such a piece of shit? This motherfucker is coated in paint, a convoluted a fuck Transformation, and use all of his accessories with no issue whatsoever.

It seems unbecoming of Takara to fumble this hard on an important release like megaton.
>>
Megatron should have been an action figure that included a little pistol version of him to be held by your other MP's.
>>
>>6296064
They should make a whole line of this for the autistic geewunners and let the MP line go back to being good toys that draw inspiration from multiple sources and not just the shitty fucking cartoon.
>>
>>6296064
Honestly that's what I've been saying. Just give a me an MP scale, MP style Megatron action figure. That's all literally anyone is gonna want anyway.
>>
>>6296060
Takara's Megatron is a much more ambitious project than a Galvatron who just has to look cool and decently enough like Galvatron. There's a larger risk/reward margin.
>>
>>6296064
>The box would advertise Megatron's ability to shoot himself literally
>>
>>6296088

That's a non answer if I ever read one.
>>
>>6296088
No. That just explains why he's so complex. It doesn't explain why his paint quality is shit and it damages itself.
>>
>G1 accuracy=Quality toy

Quick! State something that invalidates your own opinion quicker than this!
>>
>>6296111
>Paint is worse than Hitler!
>>
File: desp and megs.jpg (283KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
desp and megs.jpg
283KB, 2048x1536px
>>6296114

Friendly reminder that megatron can transform simply into a pistol while being covered in paint without any damage to the toy.
>>
>Star Saber was $200
>minimal paint
>They want me to pay $200 with no paint?

>Megatron is $200
>maximum paint
>Why didn't they not paint it? Grey plastic is appealing.
>>
>>6296119
Despotron's fucking facelooks so damn shitty its amazing people still like it. He looks like ugly western comic art.
>>
>>6296121

>If you paint a figure it will flake off

Megatron is just garbage.
>>
>>6296111
>Deluxes cost $40+?! Fucking Takara!!!
>>
File: animatedironhide.jpg (216KB, 800x665px) Image search: [Google]
animatedironhide.jpg
216KB, 800x665px
>>6295397
Animated Ironhide would've had wrist cannons if season 4 wasn't cancelled.
>>
>>6296131
He looks like he's taking a dump, to be honest.
>>
>>6296131
>>6296145

>Megatron looks from most angles
>Despotron is a better toy

FUCK
ME
>>
>>6296144
:(
>>
>>6296155
Try being a fan of Tank Megatron.

>tfw no Masterpiece because they're too busy sucking the cartoon's dick
>>
>>6296039
It was originally designed for Prime, taking the place of Bulkhead. When the movie guys killed Ironhide in DOTM, they had to shelve the design so as not to confuse kids.

They later made two toys of the design for Prime.

The other cannon-toting Ironhide is from Animated: >>6296144
>>
>>6296144
I really appreciate the Diaclone-style faceguard they gave him. The next iteration of Ironhide should try to do the same.
>>
>>6296162

>Robot mode is just the G1 design with small tank flair
>Tank mode is just a rectangle with treads so the robot mode is very easy to recreate with minimal compromises
>No mass shifting

Truly the megatron master race.
>>
>>6296162
I would have no fucking regret about a Devestation Megatron as my MP Megatron.
>>
>>6296169
Hey, I don't like mass shifting, and I like the tank flair. It makes his robot mode actually interesting to look at. Gun Megs is just a series of rectangles with nothing else happening.

And tanks can be done well. They're just not, when it comes to Megatron.
>>
>>6296175
Cw Leader Megatron was close to being a great Devestation Megatron
>>
File: G1-toy_Swindler.jpg (55KB, 587x500px) Image search: [Google]
G1-toy_Swindler.jpg
55KB, 587x500px
So for the longest time I've wanted to see the return of the Crossovers line.

But none of that "Darth Vader turns into the Death Star" or "The Hulk becomes a tank for no reason" bullshit.

I want it done with actual Transformers characters. There's so many iconic vehicles in film and TV, that it would be fucking awesome to include some of my other fandoms in my Transformers collection.

>Prowl could be the Batmobile
>Ratchet could be Ecto-1
>Grimlock could be an Indominus rex, and take some design cues from his Beast Wars version
>Beast Wars-style Megatron (or even Trypticon) becomes fucking Godzilla
>we could finally get a new Swindler toy, except instead of being A DeLorean, he's THE DeLorean
>>
>>6296190
I have the leader and it's pretty damn good, but if I had something MP or 3P quality I wouldn't be able to keep my hands off it
>>
>>6296155
This is the problem. We're spoiled for choices on MP-style Megatrons, but they all have some issue I can't get past. It's a damn shame.
>>
>>6296175

Hell he would've been better off as a mounted turret too like Shockwave.
>>
>>6296205
What about an anti-aircraft turret? Then he could be held by other Decepticons just like his usual gun mode.
>>
>>6296209
Yeah, that's good too. The best part is it won't get fucked by import laws like the orange barrel cap the MPs have been getting.
>>
>>6296203
>mightron is ass
>apollyon looks good but has joint and articulation issues
>despotron is a good toy but looks like the fucking michelin man
>MP36 might as well not even transform but has all the compromises of a transforming toy

it didn't have o be this way
>>
>>6296225
>despotron is a good toy but looks like the fucking michelin man
I actually don't mind his chunkiness. It comes off as a stylization. If MP-36 doesn't get a revision with a silver paint job, I'll probably go with Despotron.
>>
File: Animated_deluxe_ironhide.jpg (83KB, 800x495px) Image search: [Google]
Animated_deluxe_ironhide.jpg
83KB, 800x495px
>>6296144
wouldve been nice if they improved on this design or find a way to add arm cannons. that prototype doesnt really sell to me
>>
>>6296135
>Deluxes cost $40+?! TAKARA WINS AGAIN!!!
ftfy
>>
File: Transmetal_Megatron.jpg (63KB, 600x480px) Image search: [Google]
Transmetal_Megatron.jpg
63KB, 600x480px
>>6295237
>Corey Burton's Megatron is GOAT.

I think NOT!

YES!
>>
>TLK Deluxes come in boxes now

Not only is this a horrible waste of paper, they don't even have any bios anymore! Not a single sentence!

I love you Hasbro, but this penny pinching is getting ridiculous.
>>
>>6296267
Isn't it only for the premiere line?
>>
>>6296273
Yeah. But what else is there? One-step and three-step changers?

Pass.
>>
>>6296259
The funny part is that they don't cost that much. The fact that idiot Hasbrocucks can't into importing from Japanese sites for themselves is just icing on the cake.
>>
>>6296267
I like boxes more, they store better.

Also the paper is a lot more reusable than plastic.
>>
>>6296278

The little Tiny Turbo Changers are cute.

Barricade is awesome looking. Pity he's one of those "the vehicle shell won't snap shut unless his limbs are in JUUUUST the right spot" types.
>>
>>6296279
>The funny part is that they don't cost that much
Sure thing Takaracuck. How's that delusion going?
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (18KB, 514x160px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
18KB, 514x160px
>>6296292
>How's that delusion going?
Quite well, thank you.
>>
Takaracucks are retarded for forking over 100 bucks on a toy. Hasbrocucks are retarded for buying low quality toys. 3PFags are retarded for buying poorly made toys. KODudes are not retarded for buying high quality toys for 30 bucks
>>
>>6296298
you already got btfo in the last thread tho >>6294303
>List Price: 4,320 JPY

>>6296303
This, basically anyone is retarded for sucking the dick a FUCKING TOY COMPANY
>>
File: 20170418_092529.jpg (3MB, 2984x4496px) Image search: [Google]
20170418_092529.jpg
3MB, 2984x4496px
>>6296303

>3P
>Poorly made

I get that your shitposting but It really jimmies my neutrons that autistic Takara brand loyalists cling to blatant falsehoods to justify not buy excellent turds.
>>
>>6296319
Did you not read the first part?
>>
>>6296319
>expecting Takaracucks to spend their money well
You're in the wrong thread my friend
>>
>>6296317
The fact is that I bought it, and it didn't cost me 40 bucks. And even that price is just a construct based on exchange rates. The yen-dollar conversion rate is shit right now. Acting like Takara willingly priced their toys at $40 is retarded as fuck.
>>
>>6296332
>Acting like Takara willingly priced their toys at $40 is retarded as fuck.
But they did, the price you paid was a discount by the retailer, not Cuckara's price
>>
File: IMG_9945.jpg (231KB, 1208x906px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9945.jpg
231KB, 1208x906px
>>6296286
Deluxe Barricade?

Most of his shell being clear plastic kinda bother me. And the instruction sheet reads like it was written by Hasbro's photographers. But overall an enjoyable toy. Happy I got him for 17 bucks.
>>
File: downloadfile.jpg (504KB, 1242x1212px) Image search: [Google]
downloadfile.jpg
504KB, 1242x1212px
>>
>>6296339
>I don't know how exchange rates work
They priced their product at 4000 yen. The fact that that translates to roughly twice the price of a deluxe in the US is completely unrelated. To act as though the price we have to pay is by Takara's design is stupid.
>>
>>6296436
So many ugly rots.
>>
>>6296162
The recent leader Megatron is pretty cool. I got the Armada version and like it a lot.
>>
File: img_2089.jpg (185KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
img_2089.jpg
185KB, 1200x900px
>>6296162
Hasbro can never decide what Megatron should be.
>>
File: 20170417_173640_resized_1.jpg (724KB, 2064x1161px) Image search: [Google]
20170417_173640_resized_1.jpg
724KB, 2064x1161px
>>6296162
Posted this before, but my favorite Megatrons are all itty bitty, and the tanks are the best. For some reason, none of the larger Megatrons I've seen have tickled me, but these guys nail it.
>>
>>6296175
The problem with that is that there is no actual relation between the bot and tank mode. That's a pretty impossible transformation right there.

I'm not saying they couldn't make an amazing tank Megatron, but those two models are irreconcilable.
>>
File: SAM_2539.jpg (591KB, 1000x1147px) Image search: [Google]
SAM_2539.jpg
591KB, 1000x1147px
>>6296175
Closest you'll get.
>>
>>6296267
>they don't even have any bios anymore! Not a single sentence!

And nothing of value was lost.
>>
>>6296131
>>6296145
It's because everyone always takes pictures of the angry face from a downward angle which makes it look like a shitty shitting face. The smirk and straight face are flawless.
>>
>>6296286
Barricade isn't nearly as bad as Berserker in that regard. Barricade takes a bit of fenagling, but Berserker is one of those 'spend 5 minutes transforming it, spend 55 minutes trying to peg the damn thing together' toys.
>>
File: IMG_9949.jpg (264KB, 906x1208px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9949.jpg
264KB, 906x1208px
Instead of keeping Barricade's shoulder pieces upright, you can swing them backwards to kinda simulate the door wings look.

I feel like the designer just didn't put too much thoughts into having a good transformation (granted that's especially difficult because it's a fucking Bayformer), but did put a lot of thoughts into making him fun to play with.
>>
>>6296540
He did a good job.
>>
>>6296540
Shame about the unpainted bits, but it looks like a pretty good figure otherwise.
>>
File: 1464785977987.gif (244KB, 1840x1350px) Image search: [Google]
1464785977987.gif
244KB, 1840x1350px
Would it still be worth it trying to get AoE Scorn?
>>
>>6296561
Depends how much you'd have to pay for him. He's a good toy.
>>
Do they make Transformers anymore with robot modes as good as Animated in terms of being action figures?
>>
>>6296563
no

now we just have one line where the toys are designed for literal toddlers and another line where they just shove the same gimmick into everything because fuck each character having a unique feature.
>>
>>6296565
Dammit, I just want them to be poseable!
I really need to dig up my animated figures.
>>
File: BrainstormDynamicEntry.jpg (1MB, 1615x1105px) Image search: [Google]
BrainstormDynamicEntry.jpg
1MB, 1615x1105px
>>6296563

Most of the current Generation stuff isn't bad at all in terms of being an action figure. Theres always some sacrifice involved due to the nature of TF's though. They're no Revoltech's, thats for sure.
>>
Who else misses the Spychangers/G2 Go-Bots line? Part of me wants to spend like $50 to get some of the ones I lost back.

Some of the newer legends figures are cool, but they don't quite scratch the same itch.
>>
to anyone that owns a masterpiece soundwave i have a question i got my soundwave some time ago and been doing the whole transforms him and whatnot and well for some reason his left leg or hip is really tight compared to the right like to the point where it kinda hard to have him stand with out him leaning back a bit i tried to move the hip and leg and it almost feels like there enough tension on it that it will snap
>>
>tfw the only figures I really like from Titans Return is Sentinel Prime

Like once I decided that I didn't give a shit about his character, his QC, or any scratches/blemishes he might get, he's been my most enjoyable figure. I keep transforming and whooshing him on my desk

Like I have other enjoyable figures but Jesus
I might be onto something about this mentality, people should be free to enjoy their toys
>>
>>6296563
>Animated in terms of being action figures?
What do you mean specifically? Most TFs from then on feature a standard set of joints at minimal. If you're talking about robot modes with less kibble, some toys from TF:Prime do a good job of that.
>>
File: DSCN0838.jpg (804KB, 1282x1131px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN0838.jpg
804KB, 1282x1131px
>>6296490
>>
>>6296561
Will you be collecting a full set of Dinobots? You need to choose which colors you want them to be first
>Fruity
>Black
>Silver
>>
File: 20170117_140141.jpg (72KB, 720x794px) Image search: [Google]
20170117_140141.jpg
72KB, 720x794px
>>6296591
The current equivalents to those are the Legion-class or Titanmaster Vehicles toys. Legends is more like the equivalent to the old Basic size-class.
>>
File: photo_imgsrc.php.jpg (147KB, 569x700px) Image search: [Google]
photo_imgsrc.php.jpg
147KB, 569x700px
>>6296561
why not wait for the voyager?
>>
>>6296692
I got Clampdown or w/e the crab guy is called. TRUs in Canada just got Ratchet, Thunderhoof, and I think blue Optimus legions. Did I miss Springload? Is it worth hunting him down?
>>
>>6296702
Yes. Springload is a great figure.
>>
>>6296703
I see, thank you.

I love you.
>>
>>6296695
Nah,deluxe Scorn is better than the voyager.
>>
>>6296709
what makes you say that?
>>
File: GOOD NIGHT AUTI-BOT.jpg (293KB, 1208x906px) Image search: [Google]
GOOD NIGHT AUTI-BOT.jpg
293KB, 1208x906px
Barricade's gonna be one of my favorite toys for a while.
>>
>>6296715
I really hope in the movie he's just wearing a helmet. If he's gonna be Starscream's replacement, he'll need a mouth.
>>
>>6296702
He comes in the first wave of Combiner Force legions with the yellow packaging. It sounds like your TRU is lagging behind.
>>
>>6296720
Fun as he is, I find it hard to see him as anything more than a generic lackey.
>>
>>6296715
I've been gone for a while and I'm extremely confused. Isn't this an old mold? Are they just...reselling old molds for the next movie instead of making any new toys?
>>
>>6296730
There are new tous like Barricade and Berserker, but there are also a lot of repaints like Bumblebee, Slash, Grimlock and all the Wave 1 Legions.
>>
>>6296540
>>6296715

Might have to pick him up in the future.
>>
>>6296723
He hasn't been in any of the trailers, yet he's been seen in every filming location. Chances are, he's rather...important.. probably.
>>
File: 30kejwn.jpg (462KB, 1035x834px) Image search: [Google]
30kejwn.jpg
462KB, 1035x834px
>>6296715
>>6296723
Him and his series-survival legacy though.
>>
>>6296734
Maybe Bay likes using him because you can keep him in car mode 90% of the time.
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YSEcYnmZS_Q#action=share
>>
>>6296755
Fancy commercial for unpainted plastic.
>>
>>6296755

needs more toys crashing through little plastic barrels and what not.
>>
>>6296742
Yeah but the amount of exposure he's getting compared to the other "drones" is a curious thing.
>>
>>6296757
That explains where all the budget for paint went.
>>
Hasbro should stop listening to fan demands altogether. Since every time they do fans whine and cry over the result.
>>
File: Thats retarded Exhaust.gif (139KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
Thats retarded Exhaust.gif
139KB, 400x225px
>>6296194
>But none of that "Darth Vader turns into the Death Star" or "The Hulk becomes a tank for no reason" bullshit.

The entire point of a Transformers Crossover is that they have to, you know, TRANSFORM into something.

>>I want it done with actual Transformers characters.

That would be completely retarded.
>>
This oddly reminds me of Shed 17
>>
>>6296485

Does it matter? You'll find ways to complain about each and every single one.
>>
>>6296485
Huh. Has there ever been a Transformer that transforms into a sword?
>>
>>6296591
>Part of me wants to spend like $50 to get some of the ones I lost back.

By all means, do it. They seem to mean a lot to you
>>
File: image.jpg (182KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
182KB, 640x480px
>>6296790
There was the arms micron team that turned into the dark matter calibur. Which was incredibly cool and never reached the US.
>>
File: buster sword.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
buster sword.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>6296806
I like the Cliffjumper/Ratchet micron combo. They make slightly better weapons when split apart.
>>
File: image.jpg (657KB, 1909x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
657KB, 1909x1000px
>>6296813
Dark Matter Calibur scores extra points with me for having an amazing name, plus it's made up of a falcon, a crocodile, and a horseshoe crab. how fucking cool is that?
>>
>>6296813
What do they look like on their own?
>>
File: .jpg (72KB, 920x877px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
72KB, 920x877px
>>6296790
TLK megs kinda looks like a sword hilt.

Speaking of which, why are the rocket nozzles pointing forward?
>>
File: mmm.jpg (128KB, 814x687px) Image search: [Google]
mmm.jpg
128KB, 814x687px
>>6296827
well well well, hasbro's photographer fucks up yet another transformation
>>
File: premier leader megatron.jpg (206KB, 1376x952px) Image search: [Google]
premier leader megatron.jpg
206KB, 1376x952px
>>6296827
They're rocket-looking intakes.
>>
File: IMG_3762.jpg (77KB, 500x818px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3762.jpg
77KB, 500x818px
>>6296790
Armada Star Saber Mini-con team
>>
>>6296827

Braking thrusters?

Being pursued by human jetfighters, they allow Megatron to stop on a dime, allowing the human jets to fly past him, putting them in his sights.
>>
File: 20170103_202751.jpg (92KB, 1025x646px) Image search: [Google]
20170103_202751.jpg
92KB, 1025x646px
>>6296790
Arcee and wheeljack from this line.
>>
File: transmutant_feels.jpg (88KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
transmutant_feels.jpg
88KB, 750x750px
>>6296786
Reminds me of Transmutate for some reason. Maybe it's the face?
>>
File: autismo neato.jpg (17KB, 256x295px) Image search: [Google]
autismo neato.jpg
17KB, 256x295px
>watching aussie ebay
>some lucky cunt has mp36
>starting bid is $300aussie dollars free shipping
>auction nearly over
>$360

For some reason I see it reaching $420, regardless these dumb cunts are paying way too much as it is.
>>
>>6296827
I think I like this transformation more. It looks longer and sleeker.
>>
>>6296687
>those legs
Yeah, I'll never be able to take this mold seriously.
>>
>>6295609
yeah man fuck that, why cant we have the pinned wheels?
>>
File: 420 blaze it.png (159KB, 1232x334px) Image search: [Google]
420 blaze it.png
159KB, 1232x334px
>>6296870
>>
>>6296878
So what are the things that Hasbrofags have demonized simply because Hasbro cheaped out and stopped using them, but they can't bare to admit it?
>paint
>transparent plastic
>pinned wheels
Any bets on what's next?
>>
>>6296900
It sucks the way tf's are going but lets face it, most of us...no all of us here are adults, is it...not reasonable to assume most of us have moved onto mp's or statue shit instead?

Before you rip me a new one yeah a few tr figures and the like I own but I'm buying less of them and more g1 reissues and mp's.

Mainline figures are getting progressively worse and people are excusing it, from old reissues used in strange ways (AOE leader prime, the legion "grimlock" and "barricade", the retooled deluxe bomber megatron) to LESS paint than previous toys in the same price range.

I feel like a retard because I only just noticed after rotf leader toys are becoming smaller, granted premiere edition leader prime was a piece of shit but every leader after has shrunk significantly.

My rotf megs and jetfire tower over everything and only my mp10 can go toe to toe, after takara's legends take on kup and hotrod that's it, no more mainline figures, mp only and that's including hasbro versions.

I am sick of what's happening in the mainline, we can't "voice" ourselves to hasbro and japan's customer service has everyone geoblocked unless you're japanese
>>
>>6296913
Eh. I kind of still like the mainline. I've said it before, but I think they're hitting this sweetspot of simplicity and fun engineering. Figures tend to have very little kibble, and can be changed around in like 30 second, but still have decent posability. I typically end up going for the Takara versions because they look a million times better, though. Usually.

I still have a much bigger MP collection than I do mainline retail stuff, but they both occupy a different niche. There's room in my heart for both. I just hate when fanboys get triggered by things like paint, which is not inherently bad.
>>
>29.99
>Voyager class

hahahah
Welcome to the rest of the world American!
>>
>>6296918
Well this is true, I keep my mainline toys (mainly my classics seekers and the mentioned rotf leaders) out in the open unlike my mp's which just sit there until I get bored and decide to go all the way and bother to transform them, good fiddle toys.

I do wish we could go back to older times with tf's or least merge bits and pieces, newer toys do have a better poseability range afterall

>>6296922
Down in Australia the deluxes are the same price of rid warrior class, $29aud.

We're currently seeing if the voyagers went up, we're suspecting its the damn boxes they come in that shot up the price
>>
>>6296928
In Singapore, TLK Deluxes are 35 SGD while Voyagers are 60 SGD, about 2~3 dollars higher than TR toys. I'm personally waiting it out for discounts.
>>
>>6296939
Ouch, well personally I just want a barricade (unless takara can give justice to the voyager megs and optimus figures), if they do discounts then maybe a hotrod but that'll be a miracle if he sits around.

Here we're clogged with tr wave 3, but hotrod is the hardest to find
>>
>>6296453
>To act as though the price we have to pay is by Takara's design is stupid.
You are paying for their price. You end up getting a cheaper price because of the retailers, not them. It's the same as saying that Hasbro's prices are good because you paid $10 for a deluxe at walmart.
>>
>>6297032
>ignoring exchange rates again
Why can't you folks get this through your head? $40 is not a stone cold equivalent of 4000 yen. Takara did not willingly create the price tag of $40. They didn't look at the prices on the racks at TRU and say "Hm, our toys are definitely worth more than twice this amount" just to piss off American collectors. They price their toys based on the power of their own economy, and then that is entirely at the mercy of the international exchange rate, which has been not so hot over the last 25 years between US and Japan. $40 has the same buying power as roughly 4000 yen right now, but that does not mean that $40 = 4000 yen. It's apples and oranges. If you want to bitch at Takara, you have to go ask a Japanese collector if he feels 4000 yen is a lot of money to pay for the toy, because his perspective is the only one that matters, because the product was created and priced for his economy, not ours.

Yes, $40 deluxes are expensive, but that's not Takara's doing. Go take a class on global economics or something.
>>
>>6296436

transformers sections are just sad these days
>>
>>6297057
>Yes, $40 deluxes are expensive, but that's not Takara's doing.
>list price is literally 4320 yen
Now I get why Takaracucks are delusional
>>
>>6297084
>I STILL don't understand what exchange rates are. Gosh, I'm really a fucking moron!
>>
>>6296695
That's why I asked if it's still worth trying to get
>>
>>6297095
even by nip standards 4k+yen is overpriced ya dingdong
that's like 10 bowls of good kyudon or tonkotsu ramen
>>
>>6296485
Probably because as the primary antagonist, he needs to be something distinctive, yet the thing he is usually most commonly accepted as is no longer possible to make toys out of.

I do love him as the dual-chopper death heli from Animated though. I feel like Megs should definitely have a flying alt. mode.
>>
>>6297118
The deluxe scales better with the rest of the team, imo.
>>
>>6297133
Don't try to reason with him, his delusion levels are even higher than a normal Takaracuck
>>
>>6297136

Honestly, I think tank is a good fit for Megs seeing as they can't really do gun toys of him anymore. After all, a tank is just a really big gun on treads. Or if they want to be tricky about it, they could simply make him a multichanger and then give him a "submarine" mode, ala Sixshot.
>>
>>6297167
I like the idea of him being a triple-changer with tank and assault helicopter alt. modes. That would be sick as fuck.

Really, the only people who still want a gun mode are geewunners. It's dumb, and way less fun to play with as a toy than having a vehicle or something like that.
>>
File: apache-rising[1].jpg (149KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
apache-rising[1].jpg
149KB, 1000x600px
>>6297136
I like helicopters too. Assault helicopters are fucking terrifying and can have a good villainesque image, rather than tanks or jets which I always just associate with military operations (which can work too if you boogeyman the military but I don't)

In general though, if there's one thing I like from Bayformers 1 and 2, it's the idea that Megatron would have a cybertronian alt mode rather than an earth alt mode. In pretty much any incarnation I cannot see Megatron being a robot in disguise unless he's actually in hiding. He should be some oppressive looking cybertronian apache and run air raids on autobot bases and stuff.
>>
>>6297182
>Really, the only people who still want a gun mode are geewunners. It's dumb, and way less fun to play with as a toy than having a vehicle or something like that.

Well, back in the time when dinosaur's walked the Earth and the 80's were an era of coke fueled big hair and bad pastels, gun toys were fun. You could run around with your friends making pow pow noises and generally being a little shit without worry of getting your face blown off.

Ideally I want a gun Megs, but in todays world it just isn't possible on a toy sold to children without it being some garishly colored space pistol that looks like a super soaker fucked your mothers dildo collection in a neon paint bath and this was the end result.
>>
migrate when ready

>>6297197
>>6297197
>>6297197
Thread posts: 342
Thread images: 94

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.