[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would you give your kids, /toy/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: kapla1000_largeA1.jpg (98KB, 400x348px) Image search: [Google]
kapla1000_largeA1.jpg
98KB, 400x348px
What would you give your kids, /toy/?
>>
>>6291486
My neice is 6 and I bought her a beast box.
>>6257609
I also bought her some folding chairs from Ringside Wrestling for her dolls and made her some furniture out of stirs sticks/Popsicle sticks/dowels.

Most japanese figures have to many fiddly parts to be good for kids. I showed her Nendoroids but she thinks the big heads are odd.

I find dexterity board games are a big hit like Loopin' Larry or Jenga. As well as remote control shit. I have a really nice rc car where you can modify the output speed so you can make it have a really slow max speed for kiddies.

Power tools aren't really toys, but they're good teaching tools. If you give kids a drill with a super huge bit they're unlikely to break it and hurt themselves and it's fun as fudge.
>>
>>6291486
I will give them most of my old toys except for my LEGO.
Fisher Price knights and pirates, tons of Playmobil, and then some diverse action figures from the 90s
>>
>>6291486
Exclusively LEGO.
>>
Pretty much whatever they wanted within reason.
No Figma or anything like that since it would be destroyed almost instantly.
Ideally I would give them buildable figures like Xevoz or the early 2000's Rock'em Sock'em Robots figures since they were fairly durable and one of the things I loved playing with as a kid.
>>
>>6291517
>Fisher Price knights and pirates, tons of Playmobil
>LEGO
This would be a good start. Maybe Toybiz 5" Marvel figures when they're slightly older.
>>
>>6291517
>>6291553
LEGOs will be banned in my house. Lincoln logs or nothing
>>
>>6291486

As they go up in age I'd try

Duplo
Fisher Price
LEGO
Megazords if they're into it, maybe transformers

But I'll end up buying them what they like if I feel they aren't going to destroy it
>>
I'm a big proponent of Imaginext, although I don't have any kids the right age for them in my life at the moment. Cheap, but solid figures with just enough articulation. Bigger than Lego so harder to lose but still easy to put in a pocket. Lots of great lines, both licensed and original. You can get a kid dinos, pirates, superheroes, space guys, power rangers, monsters, aliens, and giant playsets all in the same scale with interchangeable accessories and all at very reasonable prices. I would have loved if these were around when I was a kid.

Hell, I've bought a couple of specific blind bag figures just for myself.
>>
>>6291486
Lots of Lego stuff and other building block kits, some cool medieval sword/shield/helmet kit (or ninja kits) for role playing, maybe when they are older some of those "build your own robot" and later some basic RC kits... I want then to be as creative as possible.
Oh, and action figures, ML and whatever, every kid should have action figures.

Expensive stuff only when they become smart but socialy inapt teenagers.
>>
File: 81dTl128b7L._SL1500_.jpg (161KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
81dTl128b7L._SL1500_.jpg
161KB, 1500x1500px
>>6291486
Erector sets. As soon as they won't swallow screws anymore i'll be getting them erector sets.

LEGO is for retarded children.
>>
>>6291486
You say that like it be hypothetical
>>
>>6292396
Honestly, I dig a lot of what Imaginext is about, I just don't really like their smooth egglike heads. Well, that and their fused legs that don't move individually. They have a ton of good ideas though.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.