[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Give it to me straight /toy/, what are the chances SH Figuarts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 12

File: SH figuarts.jpg (141KB, 1750x982px) Image search: [Google]
SH figuarts.jpg
141KB, 1750x982px
Give it to me straight /toy/, what are the chances SH Figuarts rereleases the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers/Kyoryu Sentai Zyurangers again? Is a reissue possible? Seems like a no brainer to me, but have they ever rereleased their figures before.

I'll be damned if I pay $100+ a figure.
>>
Are they really going for $100? I was thinking about selling them all except Green Ranger.
>>
idk, ask in the pr thread
>>
>>6290899
The cheapest ones go for around 100. Red green and white are around 150 and pink is like 200
>>
pretty low. sentai figuarts line has been dead for a while and if i recall correctly the zyurangers didnt sell very well.
>>
I like how Power Rangers fans constantly poison their own wells by raising demand far higher than supply could ever keep up with, then complain when the price matches up with the demand. These figures were available for how long before they repackaged them and sold them as Power Rangers?

Bandai's not going to re-release these because Bandai isn't going to get $100+ a figure and because the fanbase has already proven that they don't want to buy into Zyuranger/Power Rangers Figuarts until they "shelfwarm for a while and go on sale", which is not something Bandai wants.
>>
File: IMG_20170413_191251.jpg (313KB, 1045x883px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170413_191251.jpg
313KB, 1045x883px
Lol
yo fault...
>>
File: screenshot9382.jpg (259KB, 1182x840px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot9382.jpg
259KB, 1182x840px
>>6290892

I was in the same boat as you were OP, until last week.

No idea why the seller let them go for that low, but I'm not complaining. I expected something to be wrong with them, but they were perfect.

But yeah, they're probably not going to rerelease them. I don't know why. Surely they sold like hot cakes and they can see how outrageous the prices are on the secondary market. Same with the SH Star Wars figures like Darth Maul and Luke too.
>>
>>6290942

Same thing is happening with those shitty Legacy Bandai figures. I saw the Red Jason and Green Tommy rangers clearanced at Toys R Us last year for 15 bucks. They couldn't give them away. Now, both of those fuckers are going for $80-$100 a pop since the other rangers have been out.

I'll never understand MMPR collectors.
>>
>>6290954
Holy shit. wow. That's one of the best come-ups I've ever seen. What were they thinking? They could've got twice that for pink alone..
>>
>>6290954
>But yeah, they're probably not going to rerelease them. I don't know why.

This is why: >>6290942

They sat at retail. I had a few of the green ranger when I was starting out with my shop. Took forever to get rid of them and I still took a hit. The only one that sold fast was pink (presold out) and I half expect she was web exclusive or other short(er) run.
>>
>>6290942

Can confirm. I saw every single MMRP ranger save for Black armored exclusive at my stores and Barnes and Noble. I scoffed at the $42 price tag and figured I could get them for less. Amazon had a deal on the Pink Ranger and Red Armored Ranger for their black friday/cyber monday deals, and I scored them for about 20 bucks each. Those are the only deals I saw.

At that point, I was ready to pony up the cash to buy the remaining rangers, but red and green disappeared and the preorders for Blue and Yellow sold out. Barnes and Noble didn't have any more in stock, and prices were starting to climb. I ended up giving up, serves me right for being cheap. Sold the two I had.

I don't see how toy collectors can feel good about dropping $800 for a complete set for such small, dinky figures though. Don't get me wrong, they're really nice, I had fun posing the red armored, but roughly $114 a figure is insane. Even $40 a fig was hard to swallow.

>>6290954

Fuck, that's amazing. The dude must have been hard up for some quick cash or something. Was there anything wrong with them?
>>
File: IMG_6732.jpg (43KB, 640x354px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6732.jpg
43KB, 640x354px
>>6291001
I wrote the guy and asked him what the hell is wrong with him. He wrote me right back
>>
I have the jap red and green rangers, pretty sure there's not high demand for them. I remember that they were still available during the height of the latecomer rush. How much are the jap ones going for?
>>
File: 2017-04-21_22.05.44.jpg (165KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2017-04-21_22.05.44.jpg
165KB, 1080x1080px
>>6291108
Tyranno/Dragon, 80/90-100+
>>
>People using Ebay as a price market

You people are fucking idiots.
>>
Jajajaja
>>
>>6291146
>You people are fucking idiots.

Says the poor fag..
Well, it was filtered as "sold", so they must be going for something more than when they were released.
>>
>>6291181
I own all of them and bought them at retail before the price inflation.

Before you start throwing the word poorfag they were much cheaper on Mandarake and still is.

Stop using words that you shouldn't be because you're too fucking stupid in this board you jabrone.
>>
>>6291185
>jabrone
>tfw you call someone stupid but you spell your insult wrong
>>
>>6291185
Sir, then I repent my reply. You/we were the few lucky ones to get them before the "hype up".
>>
>>6291190
I'm on my phone my excuses JABRONI.
>>
>>6291191
Its cool homeslice I suggest using Mandarake next time if anyone else wants them in the future other than getting a lucky haul like a post above I suggest hunting there.
>>
>>6290892
Your chances for a re-release are slim to none.

Unless Bandai decides to release some unique variant bundle for SDCC like they did for Shinkenger/Samurai where the figures are slightly metallic or have a unique print on them, you're shit outta luck for them ever re-releasing them due to their policy on webshop exclusives; which most of these were.

And even if by some miracle they decided to do that, the bundle would end up being somewhere around $250-350 for the base price depending on how many figures were included; not even factoring in how marked up they would be after scalpers inevitably bought them up knowing how high the demand for the regular figures are.
>>
File: DSC00045.jpg (2MB, 3872x2592px) Image search: [Google]
DSC00045.jpg
2MB, 3872x2592px
>>6290892
>I'll be damned if I pay $100+ a figure

That's why you buy things when they first come out instead of thinking you're going to eventually get around to it.

That may fly with Marvel Legends, NECA, or Black Series but imports tend to have a window of reasonable pricing before the price inflates, depending on the popularity.

I got Green online for $100 and the rest were bought at retail price in the wild. If anyone's from Houston I got the at the Bedrock City Comics on 1960
>>
Aren't they easy as fuck to find on Mandrake anyway?
>>
>>6291294
I dunno about that anymore. Recently took a look on Mandarake but they're all sold out.
>>
>>6291190
That's a perfectly acceptable spelling
>>
>>6291288
Stupid as fuck hobby
>>
>>6291333
sorry you have to pay latecomer tax but thats the game. bandai would be dumb not to release these again to the west in this climate, just like with the DBZ figs. idk if decent booteleggers can get the fire under their asses to do them either.
>>
>>6291333
Yeah, retailers really should keep things in stock for 4+ years just in case you want something down the line.
>>
File: IMG_4387.jpg (656KB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4387.jpg
656KB, 2048x2048px
>>6291333

>Stupid as fuck hobby

Have you tried actually looking for them? Like, really physically going out and looking for them in the wild and not online.

I got the original 5 at retail price by visiting every comic shop in town until I found them. This was in late 2015----- well past when they stopped making them. These are the MMPR boxes too, not the Sentai packaging.

Green was $100 but it was worth it.
>>
>>6291294
>>6291319
http://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1063392992&ref=list
Bruh
>>
>>6291428
Oh yeah, I saw rangers wearing the dragon shield pop up a few times but the bog standard mighty morphin rangers in the op are all gone.
>>
>>6291288
>girl rangers out of focus

Really makes you think
>>
>>6291459

its an old picture taken with an aperature lens with a shallow DOF and that's where the females stood.

Not much to think about there.
>>
>>6291401
If the demand is there, why not? Its fucking stupid to justify a company's dumb choices, which people love to do here.
>>
>>6291631
But the demand isn't there. That's why they sit for years. Come on, I miss the 80s, before the wave system destroyed the availability window, but even I know more than a year or two would be pushing it.
>>
Knock yourselves out.

http://www.imageanime.com/smimoarredra.html

http://www.imageanime.com/skysezytyrap.html
>>
>>6291459
>Really makes you think

...?
>>
>>6291648
>But the demand isn't there.
>aftermarket prices are double/quadruple retail
right now i'd say there is a demand.
>>
>>6291836
You do realize companies work off of trends and not just the current situation, right? Sure they're expensive now, but that's after four years of shelfwarming.
>>
I'm from the US and I never saw these things shelf warming. Hell, the time window for Blue, black and yellow was super slim. If you didn't get them within 2 months, you didn't get them at all.
>>
>>6291733
>imageanime
iguess.jpg
>>
>>6291873
In your area, maybe. In my metro city area every B&N had plenty of them. Same with the DBZ stuff. And they were all available for retail prices on the B&N site for months, maybe even half a year. So that makes them nationally available with no actually rarity anywhere in the US.
>>
>>6291873
I waited out the entire release schedule so I could pick all the figures up at once online, and green and white's prices started to go up at that time but I still had like a year to ponder about getting a second set of the main rangers for a second display before I decided against it since I couldn't find the jap tiger ranger on mandarake ever.

Trying to find stuff in-hand is just too much of a crapshoot.
>>
>>6291857
>but that's after four years of shelfwarming.

bullshit. A year after the US release pink was going for $100+.
>>
>>6292196
That's funny because Pink was being sold at one point for 17 bucks at a flash sale at Amazon.
>>
>>6290948
Making me want to get mine back out. Currently all in a box somewhere.
Might have to once the Chogokin arrives.
>>
>>6292200
Thats nice. Not everyone was collecting in that timespan of 4 hours 3 years ago.
>>
File: cree.jpg (21KB, 600x315px) Image search: [Google]
cree.jpg
21KB, 600x315px
>>6292214
The only sad part was I wish I bought more than 3.
>>
>>6291294
I haven't been browsing Mandarake much lately. Hard to tell when they don't always keep sold out listings, but it looks like even the ones they've had go for 7,000y + probably 700y shipping, so only a little bit cheaper. and of course the female rangers are like 2 times as expensive or more.

>>6291417
Depends what you're time's worth to you. Possible false economy, especially if that time drags out indefinitely. Cut your losses on your time investment?

>>6291857
I dunno. It's a difficult balancing act, that I suppose at some point a company just doesn't feel the need to take further risks. It's also funny how things that go on clearance can still be profitable.

>>6292200
Hindsight is 20/20. I'm not addressing you, but not everything is a simple matter of preordering and then sitting back to wait for the profit to roll in. You really need to know your market and what exceptions will completely fuck your prediction in the ass.
Like I think red ranger became worthless because of the version that came out with the green ranger's armor or something, despite Red Ranger being one of the most popular. It's almost like a situation of a reissue. Sometimes the most popular character is the most worthless because the company produces more knowing that, and then the less popular {but still popular} characters become the valuable ones. but then other times it's just as expected that the most popular one is the most valuable one.
>>
>>6292214
Talk about entitlement. The world doesn't pause and rewind itself because you missed out on something. They're gone, and you missed them. Pay the latecomers tax or move on. Your whining in this thread makes you look babby tier, my dude.
>>
>>6292296
Except I didn't miss them. I just think it'd be nice for people who wanted them to get them, too. Fuck the "Got mine" mentality.
>>
Sentai cucks will justify any bullshit decision Bandai makes just to feel a sense of superiority, and to spite Power Ranger fans to make themselves feel above watching a kid's show. Bluefin straight up told usthe line was doing well and there was interest in 95 movie figures and Zeo, as well as Time Force and some other series. Bandai chose not to follow up on that. I'm sure we'll see them buckle and suck up to the American market in time, though.
>>
>>6290892

I'm with you. I didn't even know these were a thing until this year.

I'd buy reissues, even if they didn't come with all the original hands and weapons. A set of 5 or 6 (originals plus green) would be awesome too. People can say what they will, but there's clearly a demand here. I don't see why it's so hard to get show accurate MMPR figures. The character designs are so simple. I just don't understand why Bandai keeps making roided out, muscle figures with small micro heads that don't have any weapons. Surely they have got to know what collectors want.
>>
File: IMG_20170313_144854.jpg (753KB, 1720x557px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170313_144854.jpg
753KB, 1720x557px
Sure feels good.
>>
>>6291185
>Before you start throwing the word poorfag they were much cheaper on Mandarake and still is.
I've been looking for the things on Mandaake since last year and they are still sold out.
>>
>limited stock of figures distributed to big national retail store
>languish for months
>get marked down
>finally are gone
>dipshits that come years later demand they release them again and face another mark down once those few people get theirs
It's amazing how a bunch of you kids have zero idea how a business would feel about this. Put yourself into their shoes, and tell me how much faith you'd place on a bunch of nobodies to tell you how much demand there is despite previous shelf life saying something else.
>>
>>6292559
>line fails years before a franchise has a major resurgence
>company should never, ever take a risk with product again because it didn't perform up to expectation once.
>Meanwhile, dozens of different MMPR merchandise pop up from a bunch of different companies

I'm glad you're here to teach us, armchair businessman.
>>
>>6292358
>Bluefin straight up told usthe line was doing well

Source? Considering all the power ranger figuarts ended up on clearance at one point makes me feel like this wasn't the case.
>>
>>6292559

Red and green were the only ones that lingered, and even then, it wasn't more than a year. The hyperbole on here about how "bad" these sold is ridiculous. This is the only site where I see people making the claim that the MMPR figuarts sold poorly.

I have a complete set, but I'd love to get a couple of more. They're really great figures. It makes no sense not to reissue some of these classic figures. I still don't understand why they're not putting Darth Maul and Jedi Knight Luke back into circulation. A lot of people missed the boat on these sh figuarts. There are new fans discovering this stuff everyday. My brother just found out about their Dragon ball z figures and is super into it.
>>
Are you guys memeing about the mighty morphin power rangers being poor sellers or do just not want reissues back into circulation because you already own them and don't want the value on the secondary market to plummet?

The original Mighty morphins have always been huge. Always. Whether it's the cheapo bandai crap or imports. The demand is there, if it wasn't, the whole Legacy line would have been dead after a year. The longevity of the original zyurangers/power rangers is pretty impressive. Anyone that doesn't think reissues from tamashii nations/bluefin is retarded. Everywhere I go on the internet, some fuckers are crying for more but don't want to shell out almost a grand for them. Considering it would just be straight up rereleased of existing tools, i don't see how that wouldn't be a win win situation for the manufacturer and distributors. I actually expected them to do it in time for the reboot movie this year.
>>
>>6290892

They're only a couple of years old. I think reissues will be inevitable . . . . eventually. Just be patient.
>>
Anyone citing Barnes and Noble putting these on discount don't understand how much of a crapshoot selling these imports at B&N stores have been. Especially considering a lot of people didn't even know they where there. a B&N location may be in a location where there's almost no people buying these things, or get them so ate the few people who would buy them already own them. But all these stores are generally getting the same items so even if one store sells well, other stores might not.

Pic related, my local B&N store got three Kiryus in, I bought one, and 8 months later the other two went on clearance for $60( and I was an idiot and could've gotten them for $40 each thanks to a coupon, but I wanted to leave them available for someone else to find). Yet online this figure never hit clearance and sold pretty quickly for and SHMA release.
>>
>>6290954

FUCK

I check eBay everyday when I get a chance and never came across this. That's a heck of a deal. I'd pay $250 for a loose set like that, but $70? That would be pure heaven. Congrats on that.
>>
I'm going to laugh when Bandai does reissue these in some form, or makes 2.0s, and they have MMPR packaging or at least slip cases like the US SOC Voltron/Megazord releases. All the Bandai apologists crying latecomer and poorfag will be awfully quiet. Gotta love how people think they know the goings on of a company, especially after Bandai's played loophole with their own rules so much in the last year, namely with the DBZ line, which similarly does well in the American market.

And before you say something, I DO own a full set of these, minus armored /black and the japanese Tigerranger.
>>
>>6292635

>2.0s

Is there really anything that they could do to improve on these though? They seem pretty definitive to me.
>>
>>6292635
Why would you laugh? That's infinitely a good thing for everybody because it would stop this none stop bitching and lower the rate these figures are going for.

They're not that great and the only reason they're set on a higher standard is the Bandai of America is incompetent at making shit outside Zords and they still manage to somehow fuck that up.
>>
>>6292602
Its absolutely a meme by hardcore weebs with tunnel vision.
I don't get it. I WANT more merch of this stuff, whether you call it by the pR name or sentai name. If PR merch is successful usually it meas getting new figures of designs Bandai Japan probably wouldn't touch. If they rerelease the Zyu figuarts as per demand, even as a by-order thing, and it succeeds enough to encourage more Sentai figuarts, isn't that a good thing?
>>
>>6292645
Because all the shit posts of "stop crying, never gonna happen" and "bandai is smart not to reissue these, because I saw these at discount once and that means they aren't worth ever reissuing, never ever." will be unjustifiable and all the reasoning people try to make will be shown for the made-up nonsense it is.
>>6292641
I would say steering them more towards the style of the SHFSS figures, i.e. a heavy inner skeleton for better balance/feeling, more seemless jointing, more realistic body sculpting, and a more robust accessory count.
>>
>>6292641
>Is there really anything that they could do to improve on these though?

Yup, outdated shoulder and hip joints are the first thing that come to mind.

I wouldn't mind them applying the same treatment they have been doing with the SHF ultraman releases.
>>
>>6292645
>They're not that great and the only reason they're set on a higher standard is the Bandai of America is incompetent at making shit outside Zords and they still manage to somehow fuck that up.

I think they're from the most fun era of SHF, right after the initial awkward sculpts, still stylized well enough, though, and right before the modern era of more higher quality sculpting, but imo, less fun figures.
I'm probably in the minority, but I liked this era most of all. I can appreciate the work put into the line since, especially the higher quality KR releases, but to me at least, they feel less fun to pick up and mess around with.
>>
>>6292579
And how much do the Walmart MMPR figures cost compared to how much they'd charge for the SHF ones?

Jesus you are fucking dumb. And you are a-okay with making up a lot of false equivalencies, so obviously you're both dishonest and on your last ropes for defending your position.
>>
> they'll never EVER rerelease these figures says I a consumer on the internet
> meanwhile TNations has released SoC Daizyujin and a couple Tamashii Buddies including motherfuckin' Lord Zedd since the line went quiet
> not to mention Tamashii Labs has released Dino Buckler and Dragon Dagger replicas

You have to be in some very deep denial to think they're not coming back for a second run or getting 2.0's of some sort. It's not like they're afraid of selling stuff that would only sell in the US. Look at the WWE line or some of the Disney licenses they have.
>>
>>6292797
>the'll ABSOLUTELY rerelease these figures, as well as upgrades to them, says I a consumer on the Internet
>>
>>6292797
Can't wait for them to bring the line back just for it have a worse death than before because price increases and MMPRfags continuing to be poorfags
>I-I'll just wait for these to shelfwarm even thought hat didn't work out great the last time haha
>>
>>6291108
>>6291130
>6291130
Haha, I somehow ended up with 4 of each because the group I ordered them for wanted the american packaging. Was honestly about to dump them off to whoever wanted them.
>>
>>6290899
I sold my white ranger for 135
>>
File: 1490875333906.jpg (30KB, 550x413px) Image search: [Google]
1490875333906.jpg
30KB, 550x413px
>>6290892
For fuck's sake there's a Power Rangers general for a reason. Check the god damn catalog before making a thread.
>>
>>6292806
For some reason that seems to work with the Legacy Collection line.

> ask for 1:1 props for years
> start getting them
> They're expensive because they use way too much die cast and are TRU exclusives
> somehow have managed to put out TV and Movie morphers, Dragon Dagger, Saba, Power Blaster and Power Sword

What the fuck kind of numbers are we even looking at there?
>>
>>6292806
Nah.

The Legacy line have had massive price hikes with each release and shit still sells.
>>
>>6292613

Right, pretty much every B&N in my area is picked clean save for like stuff like Sailor Moon/Mercury/Venus and MAYBE Pluto (But never Jupiter), Naruto SHF, or countless buddies, one doesn't even have a Tamashii selection. The most unique stuff I've seen at one was one that had SSBlue Goku and Gold Frieza, but its like 3 hours away.
>>
>>6292806
>>6292989
Right, so every MMPR line does well and has so for years, and SOMEONE's paying the inflated aftermarket prices to have inflated them as they are..yet MMPR fans are poorfags? How?
>>
>>6293433
Sentai fag butthurt, thats how.
Thread posts: 85
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.