[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what are the best sonic /toy/s?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 9

File: coolsonic.png (66KB, 200x176px) Image search: [Google]
coolsonic.png
66KB, 200x176px
what are the best sonic /toy/s?
>>
File: CxBPIDZ.gif (2MB, 319x220px) Image search: [Google]
CxBPIDZ.gif
2MB, 319x220px
Jazwares.
>>
File: IMG_20170419_235325.jpg (3MB, 3072x4096px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170419_235325.jpg
3MB, 3072x4096px
>>6288190
Resaurus.

Had to look for a while to find them in my closet.
>>
The nendoroid is the only one that isn't complete and total shit.
>>
File: 20160105_154600.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160105_154600.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
>>6288227
>>6288228
These guys have it right. The Nendoroid is the best Sonic figure, but the Resaurus Sonic Adventure line was the best overall for having a decent variety of figures that had solid sculpts and moderate articulation.

The Jazwares line had the most character variety of any line of Sonic figures by far, but the scale was rather tiny and the QC was pretty questionable.

Personally I'd kill for a Sonic and/or Crash line of figures from NECA or something, but it's probably not in the cards.
>>
Nendoroid is the best.
If you don't feel like paying out the ass, there's always the EZ Nendo which comes with less and costs more than what retail for the original was but that's just Good Smile these days.

Personally I just wish that Revoltech would take a stab at a Sonic line. I feel like Revo joints would be the only way to have an articulated Sonic figure that doesn't break easily or isn't a loose noodle limbed piece of shit.
>>
Jazwares is best for the sheer breadth of the characters covered, but they only became decent toys at the end. Line failed because Jazwares combines high prices with 'what's QC?' levels of stupid

Nendoroid is good if you get the full version and want a 'classic', but it's just Sonic

Tomy Sonic has great vehicles and decent sculpts, but it's just Boom for the most part with the Classic ones being about the same as the Jazzwares

ReSaurus and Toy Island were great for the time they came out, but they haven't aged too well
>>
>>6288190
bump
>>
File: gpsonic.jpg (145KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
gpsonic.jpg
145KB, 900x675px
I had the Sonic pictured here, wasn't bad when I was a kid but I wouldn't pick it up now, especially considering it's over $100 now
>>
>>6288218
I remember purchasing Sonic and Knuckles and being fairly happy with them, though the joints were too flimsy and the figures were too top heavy to actually get any of them to stand. But they were fun to fiddle around with.

I got the two pack with Robotnik and Metal Sonic, and was pretty disappointed. The shoulder joint snapped the first time I tried to turn it. Ended up returning it for a refund.
>>
>>6296079
Fuck I had that Shadow. Good memories.
And as cheesy as the bendy limbs were they worked better for Sonic character proportions than any of the shitty figures we've gotten in recent years.
>>
The nendo, but I think the Tomy Classic style Sonic figures look alright, I hope they do an Eggman or Metal Sonic.

The Jazwares ones had okay-ish sculpts but terrible QC and durability.
>>
I bought a Jazzwares Sonic and its leg fucking broke off as soon as I took it out of the packaging, and I'm always really careful with that shit, too.

I wish someone better than Jazzwares were releasing such a large bulk of Sonic figures. Almost as much as I wish someone better than Playmates were releasing such a large bulk of TMNT figures (well, maybe not even close to almost for that one, since Playmates sucks a LOT).
>>
Sonic doesn't deserve good toys
>>
The only one ya'll ever need.
>>
>>6302977
mine broke in the mail
>>
File: GOODSMILE_NENDOROID_SONIC_MANIA.png (1MB, 1828x599px) Image search: [Google]
GOODSMILE_NENDOROID_SONIC_MANIA.png
1MB, 1828x599px
>Sega missed the opportunity to bring new Sonic Nendos or Figuarts during the 25th anniversary hype.

>>6302789
Fuck you.
>>
File: C4-AIplWAAgpdCx.jpg (119KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
C4-AIplWAAgpdCx.jpg
119KB, 1200x900px
>>6288190

The jazwares figures as of right now are still the best you can get. They break easily, the paint jobs are a crap shoot, and the QC is abysmal.

The 25th anniversary stuff from Tomy looked like it would be the start of a nice trend, but the stuff they're releasing for the modern line has very little articulation, and so far all we've got is Sonic and Knuckles.
>>
What I really want is an eggman figure that is actually properly scaled to Sonic and company. Every release they've ever had is just barely taller than Sonic, when in all media he's shown to be about double Sonic's height. While Sonic's figure is about 3" tall, Eggman's should be about 6"
>>
File: sonictoy.jpg (47KB, 387x379px) Image search: [Google]
sonictoy.jpg
47KB, 387x379px
Move out of the way mother fuckers

Greatest Sonic the Hedgehog toy coming through
>>
>>6304850
knux is giving me some resaurus vibes in a nostalgic way
>>
>>6304850
I wish they would've at least put ball joints on the legs.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.