[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dark Souls II DXF Figure

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

File: BNP10339.jpg (37KB, 752x564px) Image search: [Google]
BNP10339.jpg
37KB, 752x564px
>oh boy, some Company im not familiar with is making some figures, are no longer statues
>take a look
>It have pretty much no articulation for what I can tell.
I guess is not called a statue because isnt fragile and is cheaper.
>>
File: BNP10423.jpg (36KB, 752x564px) Image search: [Google]
BNP10423.jpg
36KB, 752x564px
>>6287729
>>
>>6287729
What's the scale on this? If the accessories are removable then it may be worth it. The arms have articulation, I believe.
>>
>>6287793
It's a statue, no articulation. It's basically a higher quality prize figure with a bit more shading/wash than you'd typically see from crane prizes. The quality is pretty nice but at the $37 I paid I still feel a slight bit ripped off. I'd of been more comfortable at $30.

That said...the only alternatives (especially for Artorias) are obscenely expensive statues and garage kits. Faraam looks nice on a shelf, about 6.8 inches tall so accessories wouldn't be too out of scale. The shield and sword (and scabbard) come separate.
>>
>>6287793
I have seeing is suppose to be a 7" figure
and it cost 39 bucks.

So I imagine it would be around a NECA size figure... with maybe better painjob (lets hope) but witn no articulation...
>>
>>6287729
They are statues. Banpresto, like Sega, Taito, or Furyu, makes items for UFO catcher game prize or lucky draw prize. That includes statue figures of many IPs. They are smaller and cheaper in quality but pretty good these das, worth about 2000 yen on average. About 1/12 to 1/8 in scale, some 1/6 ish.

I highly doubt the arms can move, since NONE of the statues like this had feature like that.
>>
They're just statues, unfortunately. Fairly nice looking ones for the price, though.

I do find it somewhat baffling that the Elite Knight still doesn't have a thing.
>>
goddamnit. why can't we get articulated dark souls figures?
>>
>>6287856
We are getting a Black Knight figure from Figma, along with a Bloodborne Hunter. They revealed the prototype for the latter.
>>
File: 194097.jpg (344KB, 850x589px) Image search: [Google]
194097.jpg
344KB, 850x589px
>>6287901
No maiden in black.
No Fluffy tail.
No Emy Herald.
No Doll.

WTF GSC's gone full homo. Making just the iconic male characters of a series has been virtually unheard of for them. Someone hell even Bandai get their shit together and start making some Soulsfu figures.
>>
>>6290869
I would be very surprised if they didn't make the Doll too.
>>
>>6290944
It better come with a baby squiddy in a blankey or baby carriage. The downside is you became an ugly ass squid thing... The upside is you'll get coddled by a top tier waifu forever and ever. Fair deal.
>>
>>6290869
thank goodness. Souls armor sets are iconic, not the waifus.
>>
>>6287729
i just got this today. ngl it's pretty shitty. i know enough to not expect much from prize figures but it's maybe funko pop detail level
>>
I'm the guy that was making chibi Dark Souls figures, planning to get good to make something articulated. Remember me? No? Oh... ok.

Anyway, between three movings all my sculptures were ruined. I had three characters and now I got to start all over.
Just wanted to have someone to share my misfortune with.
>>
>>6287736
Just ordered him today
>>
>>6295964
If the game teach you something, is, if your Dark souls figures die, go and make them again.

I remember some of the one you mention, There was A Tarkus right?
>>
Still blows my mind that they didnt start producing figures of the most popular characters/armor sets/weapons.

You'd think it would print money with how people would want to collect them all, or get their favorite sets, or even limited Boss figures.

Id love to have a poseable Pikachu and Snorlax.
>>
>>6299511
Sounds silly but imagine a mix and match collection of figures
>>
File: 20160508193358_1.jpg (214KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160508193358_1.jpg
214KB, 1920x1080px
>>6299536
Silly? or great?

It could be hard to make it look natural around alot of figures. But having the ability to mix pieces sound really nice, specially because thats something you do in the games.

But if there was a Catarina set.
I would love it to have an "oppenable" helment, so you can have the father head or the daughter head.
So then if you want the 2 next to each other, you have to buy 2 of them....
Is the armor exactly the same right?
>>
>>6299511
>>6299536
>>6299540
Guys

Guys

A ONE SIXTH SCALE line. A super poseable base body. Individually purchaseable armor pieces and weapons to build your own character. It would sell like fucking gangbusters. I am honestly amazed no third party companies have tried this yet, the Dark Souls fandom has been crying out for figures for ages now. Sure, it would be a risky endeavor, but there are definitely safer and more popular armor sets you could start with to guarantee sales, then move on to the more obscure ones if it proves successful.
>>
>>6299571
is probably easy said than done.
Which example you have that have done this right?

If you fuck up the proportions and the look of the figures, then the world will hate them
>>
>>6295964
>between three movings
Holy shit man, build a stable life before you build figures. I wish you the best.
>>
>>6295964
think i remember you, but maybe someeonee it was else. I do recall helping an anon out by pointing him towards the rips of the dark souls 3 models.
>>
>>6299591
Of course it's easier said than done. It would be a risky and pricey endeavor. But I'm saying that there is reason to think it might actually work and sell well if it's handled right. Like I said, popular armors first. Sold piece by piece so people can put together their own custom armor sets without feeling locked into buying an entire set of armor they don't want.

>If you fuck up the proportions and the look of the figures, then the world will hate them
Then just hire a good sculptor, duh.
>>
>>6301358
I think it specially for armors like Smaugh, or the Dancer of the boreal valley.
Which could be normal size armor like when you are wearing it.
or they should have as well special edition giant characters with diferent proportions.
>>
Artorias got any articulation or is it statue shit?
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.