[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did this board ever pressure you into buying a toy you didn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1796.jpg (153KB, 704x340px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1796.jpg
153KB, 704x340px
Did this board ever pressure you into buying a toy you didn't really want, just because you saw everyone else and it looked cool?

When I first got into collecting, I frequented here a lot, and I bought many Transformers, ML, and NECA that I didn't really care about just because I saw they were talked about and popular.

Anyone else get tricked into buying meme of the month just due to exposure?
>>
>>6285515
lol
>>
No because I'm not a fucking loser.
>>
>>6285515
It's only peer pressure if you give in.
>>
Peer pressure is cool
>>
I wouldn't say peer pressure, just I had more disposable income than I did when I was in high school, so I did thought buying a full wave of toys was cool rather than the 1 or 2 that I liked
>>
>>6285529
I know.
I mean, everyone is doin' it
>>
>>6285515
no but I have been accused of doing that here. I post shit I'm hyped happy to have and get accused of falling for a meme or doing it for the attention. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if the people mocking OP for his question are the same people mocking others for buying what they want.
>>
Apparently I've sold people on SAS figures since I can pose them well enough. Kinda feels nice.
>>
No. I buy mostly statues.

A good deal of people on this board think statues are shit. And they're idiots.

Don't let anyone tell you what to buy
>>
>>6285515
I bought ML ASM2 Spiderman because people in Marvel General were praising it, but it had shitty gummy yet stiff shoulder joints and elbows. The bicep joint felt like it was going to tear off every time I used the disc joint in the shoulder.
>>
>>6285688
Statues aren't shit. They just don't belong here.
>>
>>6285678
Pretty much. I like "meme figures". A lot of them are just nice toys with good articulation.
>>
/toy/ has informed me of figures that I didn't know existed and helped me pull the trigger on stuff I wasn't sure of but I have never bought something just because /toy/ liked it.
>>
>>6285515
I wouldn't say peer pressure, but this board did get me into gunpla. I didn't get why anyone would want a figure that you had to build yourself before, but seeing all the nice customs and such made it click and now I'm addicted to plastic crack.
>>
File: 127095609349.jpg (21KB, 450x299px) Image search: [Google]
127095609349.jpg
21KB, 450x299px
>>6285515
>>
>>6285688
I buy smaller statues, I think they're pretty nice. Nothing beats a good figure for me though.
>>
>>6285678
Accurate post all the way around.
>>
No OP, no anonymous people ever forced me to buy things I didn't want

That said, I did buy a figure lots of people here were into back when I was starting this hobby. And it still seems to be well regarded unlike many other FOTM toys. Me liking the design beforehand certainly helped making me bite the bullet
>>
>>6285515
No, but I have had anons try to talk me out of buying a figure I want and then buy it anyway.
>>
When I started browsing this board (2010 or 2011), all of /toy/ seemed to have a boner for Figmas.
I bought Figma Michael Jackson, and later got Flyboy from Dawn of the Dead and Figma Bruce Lee.
They're not BAD (well, Bruce is shit) but they're just no fun, and I find the articulation to be limited.
>>
I bought Hot Toys Bane because of the meme.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.