[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are my best options for a Conan figure?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8

File: vikor_conan.jpg (139KB, 800x661px) Image search: [Google]
vikor_conan.jpg
139KB, 800x661px
What are my best options for a Conan figure?
>>
>>6283667
I don't know about existing stuff, probably limited to what you've already posted, but iirc mezco announced a Conan and deathdealer are coming for their one 12 line
>>
>>6283716
sauce me on this anyone, I will fucking shit my pants all over this room and post pics of it in excitement
>>
File: Conan.jpg (169KB, 436x600px) Image search: [Google]
Conan.jpg
169KB, 436x600px
>>
File: future boy conan.jpg (96KB, 550x800px) Image search: [Google]
future boy conan.jpg
96KB, 550x800px
>>6283667
>What are my best options for a Conan figure?

The figma is the best one.
>>
>>6284015
It's from a podcast or something a few months back. Here is a forum post about it.

http://thefwoosh.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=91836&start=945

You'll have to dig up anything more yourself
>>
>>6284015
>>6283716
>>6284354

It's true, it was mentioned on several podcasts and interviews by Mez and Pier themselves.

BUT in an interview Pier said the Frazetta line was in some sort of legal limbo so it's on hold.
>>
File: figma detective conan.jpg (88KB, 500x571px) Image search: [Google]
figma detective conan.jpg
88KB, 500x571px
>>6284314
I prefer this Figma release
>>
I think the Hot Toys release is the way to go.
>>
>>6284494

Goddamnit. What about just doing their own interpretation of Conan based on the Robert E. Howard stories and not any particular artist? Those are all public domain, right?
>>
>>6283716
>>6284494
One:12 was a tad too expensive for me to get into, but I'll do it for Frazetta. Especially if they do some female figures based on his work. Assuming they can properly capture the signature Frazetta gigantic asses.
>>
>>6284559

I was looking forward to a Death Dealer figure so bad.
>>
I just want something interesting from Mezco again now that they have one of the best designed toylines out there. Something on the level of their old 20,000 Leagues under the Sea line, or their Hellboy comic book line, or their Goon line, or gansters or zombies line. Something really unique. I like the superhero stuff because they are some good looking toys (for the most part) but superheroes are everywhere, in a thousand lines in a dozen scales. Mezco has tackled some incredibly interesting one of kind stuff before and I want to see that again.

A frazetta license is literally just the thing, and of course it would be in fucking limbo. A death dealer sells itself.
>>
>>6284731
I'd really love for them to release hellboy toys under this new line with this articulation. I new version of Abe and hellboy would be fantastic.
>>
File: Abe-Sapien-6-cover1.jpg (232KB, 600x399px) Image search: [Google]
Abe-Sapien-6-cover1.jpg
232KB, 600x399px
>>6284828
A figure of Abe's new design would be great. And anything from the later BPRD. All the existing Hellboy figures are from very early in the comics.
>>
>>6283716
MEZCO CONAN AND DEATHDEALER?!

Well fuck me, Mezco for the win.
>>
>>6284731
>>6284828
>>6284853
Their comic Hellboy line is so perfect. They ought to do a "Legacy Release" or something of those molds and then some new figures. Like mutated Abe and Johan's new suit. Mostly I just want a Kreigaffe and rocket pack HB, but I bet they would sell. It's a shame we're not getting a third movie. That would have been the perfect time to do it.
>>
>>6284558
I'd rather wait for Frazetta iterations. I'm sick of their retarded Mezflair.

Besides I doubt they would do it without the Frazetta brand.

But yes, the REH stories themselves are public domain.

>>6284559
I doubt Mezco would go into the trouble of making their female figures accurate to those delicious curves, best we can hope for is accurate headsculpts, clothing and gear.

If I can get a decent Conan I'd be content.
>>
File: Conan_02.jpg (31KB, 438x571px) Image search: [Google]
Conan_02.jpg
31KB, 438x571px
what about Norem or Chan Conan?
>>
>>6285758
define a "decent" Conan?
>>
>>6284558
Honestly, I'm getting sick of these Conan in loincloth frazetta interpretations. The dude is fully dressed in almost all of the stories, and in frazetta's images he looks like a really violent barbarian, where in the books he is violent because the world is violent. Conan was relly smart himself.

I'd like to see a new, more by the books approach to Conan.
>>
>>6288112
To be fair, Frazetta drew/painted everyone mostly naked.
>>
>>6288112
>The dude is fully dressed in almost all of the stories
like, 4 of 5 maybe.
>>
>>6287879
Decent proportions, decent outfit, good headsculpt, good articulation for dynamic poses.

2 or 3 weapons at least.

>>6288112
You're getting sick of the illustrations that put Conan in the map?

There's nothing in the illustrations that contradicts Conan's intelligence but the opposite, you see him in a few of them dodging attacks and putting enemies in a single line, you also see him in a couple outfit variations,.

And Conan was a bastard, don't try to humanize him, yes the world was violent but he had no qualms about going with the flow.

You can't hate on Frazetta, the guy was arguably a better storyteller in a single image than REH himself, there's absolutely nothing Frazetta doesn't nail and enhances about Conan in his illustrations.
>>
>>6290771
>You're getting sick of the illustrations that put Conan in the map?
Correct, if it wasn't for based Frazetta, nobody would know Conan today.
>>
>>6290771
I never said I hayed frazetta or his illustrations, in fact I love them. I'm just saying I would like to see anoyher types of conan than "angry dude in a loincloth". Frazetta's paintings are iconic, yes, they are absolutely amazing, yes, but there's more to conan than that.

It's like with aliens. In alien, it was a strange and really alien creature, then aliens came and the xenomorph is just an insect and everything has to include a queen and colonial marines.
>>
>>6290794
Oh well yeah, Frazetta was tasked with making covers that made the books sell, if you wanted more you just have to read the books.

Honestly, whenever I'm reading a Conan book, I can only imagine Frazetta's barbarian, even in The Phoenix on the Sword chapter 2, I imagine all those rich kingly garments on Frazetta's barbarian.

Don't get me started on the Aliens bug meme, I can dig Cameron's sequel but it pains me how he ruined the Alien.
>>
Are there any schwarzenegger conan figures?
>>
File: NC53000AAlg.jpg (39KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
NC53000AAlg.jpg
39KB, 500x500px
>>6290889
There's some non-articulated ones from Neca's early days. Unfortunately, they don't seem interested in getting the license back and making better ones.
>>
>>6290923
thats unfortunate. theyve done figures of Schwarzenegger so many time before its almost weird that they wont do any of the barbarian versions.
>>
>>6290923

Real shame considering how top tier the Dutch figures were.
>>
>>6283667
I think the one on the right is all you're gonna get I have him pretty good figure.
>>
>>6291019
I think I can guess how you meant to punctuate that, but not entirely sure
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.