[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Were they worth it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 17

Were they worth it?
>>
>>6283654
Mmmmmmm,..for the most part I think. I don't know.

The sculpt is very nice and they'll make great display pieces, but the articulation is pretty lackluster. I probably only should have got the one, but oh well. Stone troll is still sealed so maybe I'll resell him some day.

They'll definitely make great giants for my 1/18 guys though.
>>
>>6283661
>>6283654
does anyone have a comparison between onna these and, say, a marvel legend?
>>
>>6283666
I don't personally have any to compare it to, but here they are next to ML's own figures.
>>
File: DSC_5597_zpskudc19zg.jpg (214KB, 1024x678px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_5597_zpskudc19zg.jpg
214KB, 1024x678px
>>6283668
Which are basically the same size as a Marvel figure.
>>
File: DSC_7645.jpg (1MB, 1511x2605px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_7645.jpg
1MB, 1511x2605px
It is not perfect, but I don't know other better action troll.
So it is worth for me.
>>
File: girl let me touch you.jpg (833KB, 2318x1302px) Image search: [Google]
girl let me touch you.jpg
833KB, 2318x1302px
>>6283654
They are not worth $100, unless you really like the design.

Articulation is really poor for something this size and the range from the joints is equally as poor. Even Hasbro's stuff has more poseability and range from its joints.

That said, i may buy more if they have any in stock, because i do like the designs.
>>
>>6283654
Absolutely. Worth the price just on the paint and sculpting alone.
>>
>>6283725
>paint
But the paint flakes and scrape, just like any other 4H figures especially on the elbow because the joint is too tight.
>>
>>6283700
I didn't realize that they were as big as the Rancor. Hmmm.

Btw what's that robot you got there? Is that another Acid Rain thing?
>>
>>6283739
It doesn't, actually. Nice try though.
>>
File: lostplanetwin.jpg (857KB, 2313x1297px) Image search: [Google]
lostplanetwin.jpg
857KB, 2313x1297px
>>6283944
Lost Planet's Hardballer mecha from the Toy Notch line.

It's worth the $200 or so i paid for. Tons of articulation. Lots of cool gimmicks and it lights up too.
>>
>>6284079
Not him, but the paint can and does scrap off.
>>
>>6284161

Not him, but it doesn't.
>>
File: trollbooboo.jpg (249KB, 727x1298px) Image search: [Google]
trollbooboo.jpg
249KB, 727x1298px
>>6284595
It does.
On the rock troll you can tell where the paint scratches because the pink paint job from underneath shows through.

You can tell the difference between the sharp edged pink vs the rounded blotchy paint apps.
The inner part of the joint is all scratches. no paint.
The rocky hide is what makes the outer edges paint rub off, so the outer edges will rub against the socket scratching off the paint.

The paint scratching off is unavoidable if you pose your troll and try to get it to hold poses.
They really didn't think the engineering through. It's quite lazy.
>>
File: DSC00659_1.jpg (2MB, 2384x3984px) Image search: [Google]
DSC00659_1.jpg
2MB, 2384x3984px
>>6284595
>>6284079
Here's mine as promised. I'm a different person than >>6284672

IDK why 4H defense force have to be so upset about people discussing the pros and cons of their figures. These trolls have limited, and badly engineered articulation, however the sculpt is pretty good, the size is great, and overall they're still the best thing on the market despite not living up to their hype.

I bought both, and sold my Forest troll for 50% markup on ebay. For $50 on the rock troll, despite the scratches I'd say it's a good deal. At 100 bucks pricepoint they're OK, kind of underwhelming. At 200 bucks scalper price they're absolutely not worth it. You might be better off waiting for the midwave (the 4H promised a cyclop). I'd buy the cyclop in a heartbeat despite knowing very well the shortcoming of these figures
>>
File: 1330382417489.png (7KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1330382417489.png
7KB, 400x400px
>>6283700
>Even Hasbro's stuff has more poseability and range from its joints.

So you're comparing a mass retail item with a production run probably 1,000 X's larger or more with a figure from a small niche line collected by less than 2,000 people according to the last KS. No offense but you are a moron.

As for the figures themselves, at $100 they are a bit over priced IMO. I own one of each and while I do like them and they make great display pieces, I think at $75 I would be a lot happier with them. Their small production run though is the reason the prices on these are so high.
>>
File: Stone-Troll_05.jpg (1MB, 1277x2022px) Image search: [Google]
Stone-Troll_05.jpg
1MB, 1277x2022px
>>6284698
I have kept my forest troll, in hopes prices either go up or i am no longer disgusted by 4H's poor attempt at a giant sized figure.

And the cyclops is shit. Give me that other troll instead.
Or not.
talking about this has made me not want more inarticulated giant figures for $100.
>>
>>6284723
Yeah you shouldn't be that greedy as these things take premium shelf space, and they don't look that great doing any dynamic pose (the head articulation is absolute dogshit).

If I get the Cyclop, I'd probably BST my scratched up rock troll for cheap
>>
>>6284732
See pic #2 >>6284698 that's what I meant
>>
File: rancor feet.jpg (758KB, 2308x1298px) Image search: [Google]
rancor feet.jpg
758KB, 2308x1298px
>>6284713
I understand the whole collector/indie tax, but the engineering is just shit on it.
Hasbro basically uses the same joints as the troll, but the rancor gets way more poseability from its joints.

Sorry dude, but a lot of tiny companies are able to match what Hasbro does, despite the limited releases and high prices. See Boss Fight and MGR's stuff.
There really is no excuses besides 4H having their soul sucked away by Mattel, influencing them into making such lazy articulation.

Hasbro pre-posing the Rancor and giving him articulation in smart ways makes him look way more dynamic and poseable. 4H just gave the standard He-Man slouch with to trolls and called it a day after adding the joints.
Fucking lazy and why they aren't more poseable.
>>
>>6284713
Because the size of the company determines whether they (a bunch of well known, professional toy sculptors) can make an arm bend more than 40 degrees. Ok sure. It's laziness and them sacrificing articulation for sculpt.
>>
File: Allstar-flash.jpg (76KB, 561x748px) Image search: [Google]
Allstar-flash.jpg
76KB, 561x748px
>>6284749
>It's laziness and them sacrificing articulation for sculpt.
It's not even that, as the cut is already made, and the sculpt is already broken up as it is. It's just flat out bad engineering. Articulation is never the 4H strongest suite, as you can see from pic related, majority of DCUC and MOTUC stuff. With DCUC, why bother making Flash who can't do a running pose? Why bother making Superman who can't look all the way up and do a flying pose? Sadly they're still stuck in the 90's while everyone else has moved on
>>
File: troll feet.jpg (580KB, 1925x1294px) Image search: [Google]
troll feet.jpg
580KB, 1925x1294px
>>6284749
>sacrificing articulation for sculpt.
It's not even this.
The Rancor is just as well sculpted as the trolls and it is still able to get way more range from its joints than the troll.

It's just Mattel level laziness, which makes me suspect that it's really just 4H who fails at making the DC and He Man figures being poseable.
4H is basically given a blank check when it comes to making a Kickstarter and it's really disappointing me now that I'm actually talking and thinking this through.
>>
>>6284757
There's no point in improving if people keep giving them money.
>>
>>6283675
Is this a HACKS figure??

I can't believe I didn't think to do this. Passed on the trolls, unfortunately.
>>
>>6285186
>>6285255
... I have no idea what you're talking about. I was responding to the picture of a Vitruvian HACKS figure and a ML troll, which I thought looked neat considering the scale difference. That was my first post in the thread.
>>
File: DSC_7643.jpg (907KB, 1507x1943px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_7643.jpg
907KB, 1507x1943px
>>6285186
yep
>>
File: rancor vs troll.jpg (767KB, 2316x1302px) Image search: [Google]
rancor vs troll.jpg
767KB, 2316x1302px
>>6285140
It's not shitposting to believe that 4H are lazy with their articulation and drawing parallels to other lines they're involved with, since they share the same articulation and engineering.

It's really disappointing to see such nice toys being more limited than older figures, especially when they're free to do whatever they want.

If you don't agree, you're more than free to say whatever you want or prove me wrong that they aren't limited.
>>
Has there ever been an actionfigure of the 2004 LOTR movie troll in armor?
>>
>>6286132
> Because it's not true at all
He offers you well reasoned argument, evidence and pics to back it up.

You offered statement like this without any coherent sentence, argument, pics to back your claim. You continuously try to sandbag the discussion in the thread and contribute nothing other than trying to bait people to argue with you while several anons posting pics and such to back their arguments.

If anything, you're the troll. OP asked for opinions on certain product, and other anons provided OP with what he needs while you scream and try to sandbag the discussion
>>
>>6286163
OP here, I can very easily find praise, am looking for criticism more than anything else.
>>
File: Untitled.png (239KB, 504x253px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
239KB, 504x253px
>>6286196
>>6286196
Bottom line is, think of these guys as 100 dollar statues with swivel shoulder to rotate the arm around.

Other than that POA, all other joints are not very effective, so your troll would look extremely awkward in all but most basic neutral poses. Pic related is literally the maximum extent of that sad sad underwhelming and badly engineered elbow articulation.
>>
>>6284757
IT MAKES ME SO ANGRY TO SEE PEOPLE POSE FIGURES RUNNING WITH THEIR ARMS OUT OF SYNC. THAT POSE WOULD LOOK SIGNIFICANTLY BETTER IF HE SWUNG HIS ARMS CORRECTLY.

otherwise i agree with you
>>
>>6286293
>Bottom line is, think of these guys as 100 dollar statues with swivel shoulder to rotate the arm around.

Thats fair
>>
>>6286163

What are you even talking about? He's making things up completely.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.