[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trading Toys

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 1491794990622.jpg (19KB, 253x296px) Image search: [Google]
1491794990622.jpg
19KB, 253x296px
Hey /toy/ I'm looking to do my first trade with someone online soon with BAF pieces from the OG Marvel Legends line and I was looking for some tips on how to not fuck myself over. Got any advice on this sort of thing?
>>
>>6282872
Go to a forum with namefags, and only trade with well established namefags in the community. Less chance of fucking you over if they have 2000 posts and a rep invested into the community. Here on the BST you'd be a fucking retard to trade.
>>
>>6282878
It's on a forum of namefags, but their post history is non-existent other than contacting me about the BAF part being for sale. Should I just walk away?
>>
>>6282883
Yes, walk away. What's the difference at that point between them and some random anon here in terms of protection? There is none.
>>
>>6282892
Yeah, that's a good point. I've got to be better about finding the difference between trying not to be cynical and straight up being cautious about getting scammed. Thanks, anon.
>>
File: IMG_2833.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2833.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>6282872
I did my first Trade the other day on a FB forum. It went well. Just keep in contact with the other person, and if they seem sceptical to trade with you that's actually a good sign. I got this Wolverine for an old movie War Machine that I never touched anymore. We were both happy.
>>
>>6282903
Would you have been less likely to do it if you only had a username to go off of?
>>
>>6282872
Okay, here's a step-by-step way to make sure you aren't TOTALLY fucked over.

1) Look up and agree on price-values of each other's items.
2) Next, Person 1 pays via paypal (FOR GOODS, NOT GIFT) for Person 2's item(s).
3) Once Person 2 has the money, they ship the items (get tracking and insurance).
4) Once Person 1 alerts Person 2 that the items arrived okay, Person 2 pays Person 1 for their item(s).
5) Person 1 ships their items with insurance anc tracking.
6) After Person 2 gets the item, they let Person 1 know it arrived fine.
7) After that, both parties refund each other their paypal money completely.
>>
>>6282908
Not really, It's just as likely for someone to make a fake profile on fb as any other site. Just exchange pictures and talk about the hobby to get a feel of the other guy. If it seems shady it probably is, use common sense. The guy I got Wolvie from is actually pretty cool.
>>
I've done some trading on here, but never for anything more expensive than a Black Series figure. Never had any problems, one guy even threw in a spare Death Trooper. I would be very wary if he has no prior feedback at all though.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.