[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

UNRESPONSIVE YOYO'S

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: shutter'.jpg (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
shutter'.jpg
9KB, 225x225px
anyone on here actually yo yo? I have been for about a year and it is super fun!
>>
File: jerry daycare.gif (120KB, 960x560px) Image search: [Google]
jerry daycare.gif
120KB, 960x560px
Well look at this handsome fella! I like yoyos too, anon.
>>
Patrician's hobby.
>>
yoyo's are amazing
>>
Yup I haven't in a while though, thinking about getting back into it though. Any decent budget metals?
>>
File: 1443114155173.jpg (110KB, 379x596px) Image search: [Google]
1443114155173.jpg
110KB, 379x596px
>>6282521
https://www.reddit.com/r/Throwers/wiki/recommendations
>inb4 ledditt
>>
what is your budget?
>>
>>6283081
Thanks, this is a good starting point. Reddit isn't too bad for smaller community stuff like this anyways.
>>
>>6282521
Same. I kept mine though. Still have my Green YYJ Trinity which is pretty decent.
>>
>>6282105
Bae got me a Mighty Flea and it's GOAT for sure,
>>
>>6282105
I did back in the day got into it because of Super Yo-Yo and their official brand was amazing for response. Too bad my high end one got stolen by my sister's acquaintance from my house (and hopefully it was the only thing he stole) and after I saw the yoyo a few days later scuffs and all in his hands he denied it and of course being a kid at the time I did it in front of his older cousins and they backed him up...then again those guys are known thieves in the area so I don't get why my sister even let one of them in our house.

/blog but even to this day it still pisses me off.
>>
>>6284313
My crackdealer aunt stole mine because she knew I payed over 100 dollars for it, but when she tried selling it off everyone though she was retarded for "Selling a fuckin' yoyo at that price"
>>
I haven't yo'ed in years.
Used to be pretty good, knew some tricks.
>>
>they're radical, radical, radical yos
>up, down, there they go
>hot, bright, don't you know
>radical yos, by spectra star
>>
how are yo yo kings merlin lines? thinking about picking up a sub 20 yo yo and they have decent reviews.
>>
>>6285769
best yo-yo i ever bought i paid 1.75 for. i could spin it for like 20 seconds and it would still come back up.
>>
learning with responsive atm, but have an unresponsive one coming in the mail
it's been pretty fun learning everything so far, save for the finger pain from the string
>>
File: yo yo girl cop.jpg (59KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
yo yo girl cop.jpg
59KB, 1024x768px
You knoe...
>>
I have an unresponsive Kilter 2 but after not using it for about half a year, it began spinning way worse than it used to be, even making a weird whizzing sound it didn't use to make.

I live in Middleofnowhere, Europe, so importing "yoyo lube" seems a waste of time and money. Is it possible to lube the bearing with normal bicycle/lock lube or do I have to pretend that "yoyo lube" isn't repacked bicycle lube with a 20x markup?
>>
>>6294845
I was in the exact same situation some time ago, and although the only place in my country where you can get yoyos recently started carrying some lube, I had to make my own. Just search in YouTube 'how to make yoyo lube' and there's a video by a yoyo reviewer showing how to make some easily. Essentially what you do is take some sort of oil (I used simple everyday oil for door hinges, bikes and such, tho even stuff like baby or olive oil can work) and dilute it with a solvent of some kind (can be paint thinner or whatever, I use white spirit). Been using that for months now and it works just fine. Might not get the ratios right on first try, but you'll notice if the lube's too thick right away.
>>
>>6294917
Same guy here, forgot to mention that because you weren't using your yoyo for half a year, chances are the bearing might have gotten a little rusty. In that case it's more complicated, might even have to get a new bearing.
>>
>>6294920
Thanks a bunch. I'll try to make my own then. From my inspection, the bearing isn't rusty, but I probably will have to get a new one anyway. At least there's a store in Czheck Republic which is great and they ship to whole Europe fast, but the shipping fees just kill me. Will probably order a new bearing, some strings and a new yoyo just so that the 7Eu for the shipping wouldn't feel so bad.
>>
>>6294933
No problem, glad to help. Best of luck on resuming yoyoing, it's worth every bit of money and work put into it imo.
>>
Getting my Shutter soon, hopefully learning to bind won't be that hard. Also learned how to do side flips and double trapezes so I'm gonna try learning skin the gerbil
>>
learned the plastic whip today
felt good going from how the fuck do I do this to oh man that's really easy
>>
Speaking of yo yo's
>Be in fifth grade
>talent show
>kid I know, I think he was Polish, was doing yo yo tricks while a couple of his friends from band were playing a trumpet and trombone
>band kids were not playing well
>every time they hit a note to high or missed a note or stopped the kid messed up
>every time he messed up he had to unwind his yo yo and try again
>this lasts for almost 8 minutes
>awkward times at the talent show
>>
>>6302891
Good job, that was exactly how I felt about plastic whip. Whip tricks are insanely satisfying to pull off.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.