[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sun damage

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_2854.jpg (1MB, 2689x2414px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2854.jpg
1MB, 2689x2414px
I found two of these big ass speeder bikes at Ross for $6 a piece. They suck but at that price why not buy em? My idea was to put them in my backyard on some kind of stand. Will the direct sunlight mess them up? I live in the mountains of NC and we get highs over 90 degrees during the summer. Is there something I can spray on them to protect them from fading and or melting?
>>
File: IMG_3530.jpg (80KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3530.jpg
80KB, 1280x720px
>>6281133
Whoa, you shop at ROSS?
>>
>>6281154
I go there to look for cheap toys every now and then. I got a good deal on a dog bed yesterday.
>>
>>6281133
Don't let the lamestream media tell you different...the sun is awful and will destroy everything you own, including your skin, up.

Stay away from it and keep your toys away from it too, ESPECIALLY WHITE TOYS.
>>
>>6281133
Both direct sunlight and those higher temps are no-gos for toys to lounge around in, esp plastic figs. Unless you want to wind up with some gross yellow-tinted figure. Look up pictures of 'sun damage to toys', it's always the white ones that get the worst damage (like the anon above said).
>>
plastics age and degrade differently depending on the type but absolutely everything will take damage from the sun

particularly the plastic used in star wars toys will most likely become brittle or leak oils and all colors will fade except white which will yellow
>>
>>6281133

Greg?
>>
>>6281133
Here's what you might be able to do. I cant guarantee it will work but I would try it if you actually do plan on leaving it on your backyard.

Go to your hobby store or art store and look for UV protective clearcoat. Krylon usually makes it. It's usually made for painting and shit. Once you grab a can you can spray the fuck out of your toys. You'll probably lose the ability to play with them though since most of the joint's will harden. After that you can throw them in the back yard. Unless that shit is some really cheap as fuck plastic it should be able to survive up to 200 degrees Fahrenheit without melting.

http://www.krylon.ca/products/uvresistant-clear-coating/
>>
>>6281540
Thanks homie.
>>
>>6281133
The backpack is upside down.

Did they really not pose this guy to be able to sit correctly on the bike? Fucking fags.
>>
File: IMG_2880.jpg (2MB, 2984x1624px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2880.jpg
2MB, 2984x1624px
>>6282492
Nope. Just a swivel head, shoulders, wrists, and hips. But fuck it, $6 for a 1/6th scale speeder bike with a shitty scout trooper. I had to buy them. You can make him stand on the bike and it looks a bit better.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.