[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Articulated Icons General: Delayed Yet Again Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 342
Thread images: 65

File: Screenshot_20170414-190915.png (2MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170414-190915.png
2MB, 1440x2560px
PROJECT UPDATE 69:

>ACBA will be doing a live stream on Instagram tonight, April 14th at 7pm PST. If you aren’t able to catch the live stream they are also planning on recording and posting a video to their youtube channel soon and we will send out a link in a future update.

>With that said, as the 3 of us were looking over everything, we came across some issues that had not been present in previous reviews of samples from the factory. There were some incorrect accessory pack-outs and a minor paint issue here and there, but the bigger issue to us was the interchangeable parts (specifically the hands and alternate packed heads) were not easily swapped. With a little bit of heat (hot water / a hairdryer / a heatgun) there are no issues. However, without applying heat to the hands or alternate heads, we were not satisfied with the amount of potential breakage that might occur.

>We debated between the 3 of us what to do; frustrated that this was an issue that we had not come across before. We discussed warning everyone about this issue and asking them to use heat when changing parts but ultimately decided that that is a compromise that we did not want to make. We made this line with the intention that people would be mixing and matching parts and pieces right out of the packaging. So the 3 of us decided that we would rather deal with the frustration and disappointment from yet another delay then to risk the frustration and disappointment of our backers receiving product that was not what we promised. The factory is currently making the necessary changes to address the heads and re-injecting all of the hands in a slightly more flexible PVC in order to correct the issue.
>>
>>6280163
So, how many of you faggots are going to keep defending this mess of a project
>>
>>6280163
Another livestream where ACBA autists that didn't even back the project get to fuck around with the figures that people have been waiting over a year to receive now. Great, can't wait to see it
>>
>>6280176
I hope no one does. I backed them and I instantly regret it at this point.

It's surprising how much shit 4HM got with their Mythic Legions and slight delays when these fucking toys are gonna be over 1 year late at this point.
>>
I QUIT.
I saw the pics on the niggers instagram and they look terrible.
>Shiny flesh plastic
>"weathering" on the clothing
>Shiny clothing plastic
>Bad paint
>Gummy looking molds

I DEFENDED THEM AND DEFENDED THEM AND DELAY AFTER DELAY WE GET FUCKED

I EVEN WENT FULL AUTISM AND FUCKING EMAILED THEM. SOMETHING IVE NEVER DONE EVER OVER GOD DAMNED TOYS.

FUCK YOU A.I.
FUCK YOU FWOOSH

EAT MY DICK.
ENJOY MY STUPID FUCKING EMAIL AS IM NEVER BACKING ANOTHER KS AGAIN.

>"Hi there, over a year ago I backed the Kickstarter in hopes of these being as good of figures as what we were shown.

>I was fine with the fact that delays happen with Kickstarter figures, its to be expected especially after seeing how other things like the Four Horsemen line of stuff came out.

>But delay after delay has come from these and after this last update I dont think I want to wait anymore.

>I backed the Kickstarter at the Devoted Legion level of pledge + many of the extra figures that were unlocked and an arm set accesory pack as well. I spent over $700 in good faith on these well aware of what delays may happen.

>But now it is not just delays, first it was a factory shift, then it was almost total radio silence, and even further then were wrongly inserted joint-pegs which probably screwed up the bodies that they were fixed on. Delay after delay, more and more touch ups and after finally giving everyone a glimmer of hope that these would ship soon we instead receive another delay saying that the figures may be even worse than everyone is expecting already.

>I don't want to wait any longer for figures that may or may not be riddled with errors, in the mold, paint, or even just bad plastic.

>I'd like to ask for a refund, as this is unacceptable business practice at this point , especially to people who pledged hundreds of dollars, like myself, towards these figures.

>If this is an indicator as to how future A.I. lines may come out then I will gladly take my business elsewhere.
>>
>>6280204
Did they refund you? Thinking of refunding my $150+ spent on 3 figures. Literally paid $75 in shipping alone. Fuck these scammers.
>>
>>6280208
I'll post an update when they respond.

I'm just so fucking angery over this, there is no way this JUST happened either, how the fuck does this crop up right at the end? I mean christ talk about inconpetence.
>>
>>6280204
>>6280208
>>6280217
I think there's a bit of technicality where you're only /technically/ donating to them through KS, not actually a preorder and the whole thing is kind of in good faith. I don't think they have any actual obligation to do refunds. I wish you luck though, friendos.
>>
>>6280220
DL anon here, I'm totally prepared to be told to fuck off but dammit if I wont try.
>>
File: IMG_0244.gif (2MB, 236x224px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0244.gif
2MB, 236x224px
>mfw people didn't see this coming
>>
In case anyone was wondering how bad these are looking
>>
>>6280225
>>
>>6280227
Shit looks like knockoff MLs, totally worth dropping 35 on just one of them
>>
File: otto.jpg (28KB, 416x345px) Image search: [Google]
otto.jpg
28KB, 416x345px
>>6280225
>>6280227

i-i have 4 of these ordered
>>
>>6280229
This one in particular looks like total shit. I'm not even mad and will forever suck in 4HM's dick because they never did us this wrong.
>>
I always thought kickstarting something would only be bad if it was a non-physical thing.

Holy fuck was I wrong, can't believe I'm in for almost 200 bucks on these things if they're really gonna end up looking like this AFTER taking this long.

So at this point, how do you guys think the backlash will look? Surely this isn't acceptable.
>>
>>6280240
People who can refund, wont.
Those who cannot will complain
Those who do neither are just sucking AIs collective asshole.
>>
>>6280230
I've got 16. I really just want these to turn out well. I don't feel like they look bad in these pics, but I've also gotten a bit tired of ML figures, so hopefully I like these.
>>
Saw the delay while at work and got pretty upset by it. I feel like this is something you catch around the time they got the PACKAGED SHIT during that last acba or whatever the fuck pixelated mess they call a video was.

I anticipated these look a lot like marvel legends since they are by guys who love/design the legends line despite them saying they'd be different, which I am fine with. The delays though, god damn it. At least I don't plan on displaying much of the line with their flesh showing.
>>
File: 1455333224946.gif (3MB, 286x258px) Image search: [Google]
1455333224946.gif
3MB, 286x258px
>>6280222
>mfw I saw threads about this KS a year ago
>mfw people were actually willing to trust anyone on KS at all for anything ever
>mfw people were willing to pay import prices for figures that barely even try to raise the bar above ML's
>mfw threads slowly trickled into /toy/ about delays and fuck-ups and delays resulting from fuck-ups
>mfw I can always taste the salt through my screen from how anally annihilated everyone who bought into this is

It would just be the icing on the cake if their factory magically "burned down" and all the figures were supposedly lost right before shipping out.
>>
>make generic unlicensed figures out of mushy babby plastic
>should be $12-$15 a piece max
>charge $40 a pop for em

fug dis
>>
I feel bad for the fwoosh guys because obviously they came into this with good intentions. But holy fuck, they made this WAY too ambitious and now they just keep blowing it over and over. A bajillion different releases, tiers of quality, display pieces... they might as well have made light up features and individual oil paint portraits of each ninja. The fuck is the difference? They'd drop the ball no matter what after a certain point, since they gleefully crossed the threshold of reasonable undertaking for a first time venture.

Just because you CAN do something, doesn't mean you should. They're not 4H. This isn't their livelihood, this doesn't put food on the table. They have jobs (probably) and this whole thing was a glorified hobby, and you can't do what they set out to do with only 10% of your life dedicated to it. You're not going to be hungry enough for it to succeed, and you're not going to go into the gutters if it fails. That's a fatal error right there.

But you know what the biggest mistake was?

Catering to Legends autists.

People that collect Marvel Legends are only slightly more retard-functional than Transformers collectors, and that says quite a bit. And now they're getting the full brunt of the online retard strength of those Walmart-shopping autismos.

Best of luck, Fwoosh guys. Look forward to your retard Legends brethren devouring you.
>>
>>6280220
They did do actual preorders after the Kickstarter, and those people ha e gotten refunds before, but I haven't seen Kickstarter backers get them.

I'm emailing for a refund tonight. I just wanted them to use as goons for product shots, but at these prices I may as well just buy aftermarket Hydra soldiers and actually have a product.
>>
>do a live stream demo of the product
>On Instagram
>At such low quality that you can't make out any real detail of anything

That's so dumb.
>>
>>6280463
It's ACBA, right? They think posing a figure in front of a styrofoam brick alley is high art. They're not exactly aware of shitty things being shitty.
>>
>>6280384
Hello Fwoosh.
>>
>>6280494
Explain. I'm ragging on them. And the people that bought into the line.
>>
>>6280163
HOLY FUCK LOL
>>
File: 1476064556300.jpg (45KB, 570x487px) Image search: [Google]
1476064556300.jpg
45KB, 570x487px
>>6280225
>>6280227
>>6280229
>tfw you almost bought like 4 ninjas but were short and cash so you didnt go through with it
>>
Press f to pay respect to all the dumbfucks that bought into this and carried on their delusion for a year
>>
>>6280225
>>6280227
>>6280229
>literally thin-your-paint tier
>>
File: 1491812007386.png (109KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
1491812007386.png
109KB, 550x550px
>tfw you learn from the first time you ever backed a kikestarter project, so you just sit back and wait for others to fall apart
never again
I wonder how the defense force feels now after all those threads they spent shilling and defending their beloved Fwoosh MLs
I feel like everything would've been okay if they just didn't shoot for the stars when they barely have any experience with this shit
>>
I remember telling people last june that these wouldn't realistically release in 2016 and being told it was totally doable and that fwoosh wasn't being completely unrealistic with their release windows.

I was right, on every count.

These look really subpar, too. I was not expecting that.
>>
>>6280494
>I DON'T KNOW HOW TO READ BECAUSE I MYSELF AM A WALMART AUTISMO
>>
>>6280573
>These look really subpar, too. I was not expecting that
I was expecting it. These guys aimed to make figures that were basically glorified customized Marvel Legends. It was deliberate. Naturally they're not going to shoot for high quality paint jobs, because then they'd stand out. They thought shitty gunky oily paint washes looked fantastic, rather than smooth airbrushing to accentuate features. They're all low tier babby grade customizers so naturally they're not going to be great judges of what looks good. probably none of them knows how to even use an airbrush.
>>
>>6280229

Lel is that paint supposed to look like a human skull?
>>
>>6280519
You lucky bastard.
>>
>>6280582
I think they meant to do better. Their samples and talk showed they were aiming a lot higher than where they landed.

It's a shame. They could have been neat.

I won't forgive their misrepresentation of shipping windows, though. Ever.
>>
>>6280229
>>6280590
This is what it was supposed to look like at the start, then they downgraded it to a simplified version, now its been downgraded further to that.
>>
>>6280594
They were going for washes from the beginning. They looked worse than damned Neca figures in the promos. There's no reason for them to have gone for that instead of airbrushing if they were serious about getting a quality product. The wash look always looks like gunky slimy shit. Even Mattel airbrushed color accents on the muscles of their MOTU Classics figures.
>>
>>6280604
The promos looked significantly better than what they wound up with, which was my point.

The promos are a huge departure from the factory figures, to the point that the factory figures often look like customs trying to immitate the promos.
>>
FIGUARTS JOINTS
>>
>>6280600
Hahaha, holy fuck. It went from having a human skull face to having a cartoon dinosaur skull face. And look at how it bled into the mask opening in the final product. Wow. They just put way the fuck too much into their KS. What a huge mistake this entire thing was.

At most they should have just had red, white, and black standard no-frills ninja bodies, with each one having a basic variety of weapons and a deluxe one, plus discounts for bulk. Six options, plus compiling more into a single order. Not that hard to accomplish, and less to monitor for quality control. Instead they have like 55 different figure variations and none of them look good.

How could they not have seen this coming? How could they push for something so big? Do they have an inflated sense of ability? I mean ffs they're AMATEUR TOY HOBBYISTS.
>>
>>6280225
>>6280227
>>6280229

These are embarrassing.
I paid money for these...I forgot about them and now I wish I never help fund this pile of trash.

Fwoosh will not save face, and will double down on the shilling when "reviewing," these.

" Ah I gotta admit. These..." *Hand tremble intensifies* " ...These are great figures. Really impressed with the paint, and sculpts. Look at that sculpt." *Sighs and hands still trembling* " I gotta say, guys, hands down the best figures ever."
>>
>>6280623

> tfw fwoosh is my favourite toy reviewing autist

I wonder if he can stay honest.
>>
>>6280229
>>6280227
>>6280225

I didn't order these but they look pretty much exactly like I was expecting. Or at the very least they look about as different from the production samples as Mythic Legions do from the original Kickstarter protos.

Sucks about the delay. Won't softer plastic just make the hand pegs stretch?
>>
>>6280615
This is exactly what they should have done.

3 varieties of ninjas, that's it.

Instead, they wanted to do an entire toyline all at once.
>>
>>6280225
>>6280227
>>6280229
So they look on par with Marvel Legends?

I'm out of the loop. How much are these?
>>
>>6280650
40 each if I remember correctly.
Not including shipping.
>>
>>6280652
oh gross. Maybe if they come with a big ass bundle of weapons.
>>
>>6280600
actually, THIS is what is was originally supposed to look like.
>>
>>6280656

That's just a 3d model
>>
>>6280656
This is the physical prototype fwoosh had back in 2015
>>
File: Call-of-duty-ghosts-key-art.jpg (3MB, 1920x1574px) Image search: [Google]
Call-of-duty-ghosts-key-art.jpg
3MB, 1920x1574px
>>6280657
But you can tell what their intention was; poorly painted cloth ala pic related.
>>
>>6280661
>2015
Holy shit, I forgot how long this has been going on.
>>
>>6280662

> i-its supposed to suck!
>>
>>6280667
It's supposed to look worn, certainly not supposed to look like this >>6280229
>>
>>6280610
...are you in the right thread, son?
>>
>>6280724
it's a meme. And a shitty one at that. Pretty sure it's just that one guy pushing it actually
>>
>>6280229
I'm scrubbing that shit right off
>>
>>6280766
Same.

Anyone have updates on refunds? Have they said anything?
>>
>people in the comments saying "let us know what the next kickstarter line will look like in the meantime!"

oh dear
>>
Managed to get a refund of my $185 last week.

If you haven't already, do the same.
>>
>>6280629
They should of offered 1 basic ninja with 3 colors, 1 deluxe ninja(the same but with extra shit) in the same 3 colors, and also one unique one. Idk why they added samurai
>>
I don't get the weathering on the clothes, why is it necessary? Basic colors with some shading at the folds is what it should have been, not the muddy look these things have.
>>
>>6281092
its a shame that solitaire, one of the ones I was looking most forward to turned out to look like ass
>>
>>6280163

last thread i said there's -got- to be another delay coming since they went dark for so long + the update that finally came was bullshit filler, a couple guys argued

Fucking called it.
>>
>>6281061
Where did you get a hold of them to ask for the refund?
>>
This really reminds me of the homestuck kickstarter
>>
>>6281139
Email [email protected] & ask for one, and they should inform the AI team. Will take a few days.
>>
>>6280724
he's referencing the anons who claimed these had figuarts joints and thats why they weren't technically just marvel legends and cost 40 instead of 20
>>
>>6281142
Great, thank you.
>>
>>6281092
See:
>>6280582
The toy customizing community has this toxic idea that heavy washes look good. But the truth is that they never, ever do look good unless it's weathering a model kit vehicle or mecha. Cloth shading needs to be subtle and airbrushed and just enough to bring out the form.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-04-15-13-58-52.png (2MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-04-15-13-58-52.png
2MB, 1440x2560px
Lol
>>
>>6281230
What material of clothing are they even trying to emulate? Crushed velvet? Sweat pants? The paint detail is fucking atrocious.
>>
File: safWASEfWSvgE.jpg (45KB, 639x960px) Image search: [Google]
safWASEfWSvgE.jpg
45KB, 639x960px
>>6280227
>>6280225
>>6280229
>>
>>6281230
That looks like a fucking shitty custom OC.
>>
>>6281243
>What material of clothing are they even trying to emulate? Crushed velvet? Sweat pants? The paint detail is fucking atrocious.
The sculpt is fine had they just left off all the "detail" which basically looks like someone just got done painting a house or something. Or maybe these are trendy hipster ninja who like to customize their own clothes with random paint splashes like that one bitch in Star Wars Rebels. Except hers looks intentional and this just looks like ass.
>>
File: ju978ia7jb2x.jpg (75KB, 777x728px) Image search: [Google]
ju978ia7jb2x.jpg
75KB, 777x728px
So how long after release will these be available at other places? Or will these only be available through Fwoosh's godawful store? I'll gladly pick a couple of these up, but not for 40 each with retarded shipping fees
>>
>>6281230
the arms seem out of proportion to the bodies on these.

The arms are big and muscular, and his waist is so tiny.
>>
>>6281205
>The toy customizing community has this toxic idea that heavy washes look good. But the truth is that they never, ever do look good unless it's weathering a model kit vehicle or mecha. Cloth shading needs to be subtle and airbrushed and just enough to bring out the form.
Trying to argue with these people is fucking infuriating. These same people are convinced Storm Collectibles Ryu is a total triumph over the SHF because it has that grimy fucking wash all over it. "LOOK AT ALL THE DETAIL OH MY GOD", never mind the detail is literally arbitrary bullshit slapped on a figure just to say it's there. SC Ryu isn't nearly as ugly as these guys but it's the same bullshit mindset.
>>
File: IMG_6630.png (675KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6630.png
675KB, 1136x640px
If you look really close, I think those "paint washes" might be trying to coverup the fact that the parts are actually all fucked up. They look rough and pock-marked to me. Notice the parts that molded correctly aren't painted like that

I could be wrong. idk, what do you think? Looks jacked up to me
>>
>>628123>>6281278
Big time. I can't get over the bug eyed goggles and the fact that he has a belly button
>>
>>6281367
>belly button

FUCK
>>
>>6281357
Am I seeing some sort of cut in the joints where the factory had to remove and replace them? Looks like they used a small flathead screwdriver.
>>
desu, I'm still just gonna wait it out since I was originally in for the samurai
>>
>>6281492
Yeah 100
>>
any more images of the stream or anything?
any one wanna sell me a deluxe black ninja offering $20
>>
>>6281868
Check the instagram from the OP, he's got a good amount of images and videos.
>>
File: lewistaffy.png (630KB, 983x590px) Image search: [Google]
lewistaffy.png
630KB, 983x590px
is lewistaffy /our/ guy?
>>
>>6281876
LMAOOO as much as I feel bad for them at this point, the dude is right. I'm gonna aim for 2018 for these things to come out
>>
>>6281876

im thankful to see solitaire seems to have taken the majority of problems

i was on the fence for him and opted not to since I already was in for 3 figures (black white and blue deluxes)

now I see the quality of those paint apps and just...good lord.

so glad to see the black ninjas barely tampered with behind him
>>
>>
>>6282053
We've known these were gonna be crap for awhile now
>>
Maurauder task force would have done a better job
>>
>>6282053
>samurai figures are just the ninjas with armor accessories.

This might explain why some of the samurai looked off to me.
>>
This reminds me of Shocker Toys but at least the few releases that Shocker managed to put out were very enjoyable and fairly priced. They were painted well, came with what they needed to and articulated well.

These things look atrocious from an aesthetic point of view and it's not because the original ideas were bad, they just MADE them bad with horrible paint literally no one was asking for. They are cheap ML quality figures for a premium price and they can't even release this shit on time which is the least they could do.
>>
File: image (40).png (247KB, 566x608px) Image search: [Google]
image (40).png
247KB, 566x608px
>>6280163
I'm okay with this, can't wait for basic ninja's to flood eBay so I can buy them for cheap.
>>
I only have two figures ordered from this, the sensei guy with the Tengu mask and the red samurai. I hope they turn out okay.

>>6280225
>>6280227
I didn't order these ones but they're about how I expected them to look though that's hardly praise.

>>6280229
I heavily considered getting this one, but decided not to. Well thank god for that because it looks like I dodged a bullet with how it turned out looking like complete ass in all these photos.
>>
>>6280416
Where you looking for Chinese hydra? Asking for a friend
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>>6280222
>>6280511
>>6280600
>>6280766
>>6282055
>>6282111
>>
>people complaining about not getting shitty quality toys because they want them NAOOOO!
I for one don't mind the delay as long as they're doing them right.
>complaining toys take too long to be made
>KSers are rip offs cause i dont like the wait!!!
It's almost like mixture of entitlement and not knowing how shitty China is.
You really can't expect a brand new company to actually be timely with shit they're new at either.

Also, i just backed my 8th Kickstarter about two weeks ago and there are about 4 KSers that got delayed for over a year, and i honestly do not care, because that's how shit works.
As long as they actually produce and ship my stuff out, i will be pleasantly surprised someday in the future.
>>
lol
>>
>>6282439
>not knowing how shitty China is

Yeah blame China on everything you Fwoosh cuck, as if other KS and other companies don't produce their shit in China. All major toy companies, big or small get their product made in China. They're on equal playing field. Everyone with half a functioning brain who gets a product made in China knows the deal on how they need to supervise the factories, as the factories gonna try to cut corner. Not knowing these means that you're an amateur, and you deserve all the criticisms.

Some of the high quality statues product like pic related by a small company Kinetiquette, with very limited distribution (only ~1000 made) is also made in China. These guys have about the same amount of capital sway as Fwoosh or any other typical toy KS. How come these statues came out with much higher quality paint, came out on time without requiring an upfront payment while all I've heard from this KS is PLS UNDERSTAND because we're incompetent bumbling fools
>>
File: Devil-May-Cry-Dioramas-002.jpg (191KB, 2048x1228px) Image search: [Google]
Devil-May-Cry-Dioramas-002.jpg
191KB, 2048x1228px
>>6282550
Forgot pic
>>
>>6282550
Really any research into chinese manufacturing will tell you real quick how vital it is that you kep on them to make sure they don't screw you.

It's real basic.

>>6282404
Sorry, I guess i meant that in more of a "second hand aftermarket prices" way, not knockoffs.

If there were chinese hydra soldiers, I'd get them.
>>
File: image (54).jpg (19KB, 400x388px) Image search: [Google]
image (54).jpg
19KB, 400x388px
>>6282537
>I guess hands and heads weren't interchangeable without heat.

Holy fuck, I need to cancel. Feel like i'm paying $50 for pre-owned figures.
>>
while the long ass year+ delay and constant backtracking / "surprise more delays!" is pissing me the fuck off, in the long run I'll be content as long as the figures came out okay

with that said, those harsh seems and really shitty paintjobs are bothering the fuck out of me.

That solitaire..ffs his chest and left shoulder...it looks like a 10 year old doing his first custom
>>
>>6282623
That's exactly the problem, they're taking fucking forever AND they look junky. And they're intentionally hiding it by releasing low res, poorly lit shots and streaming shit on Instagram.

But it doesn't matter, people will still praise them upon release because they'll have invested so much. And if anyone actually does criticize them, blame will be shifted to "those darned chinks" who are paid dirt and stuck in hot factories, not the asshats who ran away with loads of extra cash and should've been keeping an eye on everything every step of the way.
>>
>>6282439
You can stop shilling and reaching now
Most people itt aren't even complaining about the delays, but how shit everything still looks AFTER multiple delays because Fwoosh and whoever else he is working with are inexperienced with this shit.
Like how the fuck do you think you can go from reviewing toys to making a bunch toys in a short amount of time?
>>
>>6282439
Dude just post your fwoosh username already. We could probably just look in the AI thread and take a few guesses as to which sycophant you are.
>>
>>6282055
>Holy shit. Wow. Amazing.
I find this hilarious
>>
I'm fine with slight drybrushing but when I order a black ninja I expect it to be black with maybe some dark blue or purple or something on it. Not mud color covering his whole shoulder like this>>6280229
>>
>>6282639
Really, their biggest advantage was getting the ACBA guys on board with this, since the whole group is basically one big game of Follow the Leader.

If bigger ACBA guys say these are amazing, it'll be parroted by the little guys. No one wants to violate the group think, since doing that can earn you, as it seemingly has some people, a random unexplained ban from the group.
>>
>>6282550
>Some of the high quality statues product like pic related by a small company Kinetiquette,..How come these statues came out with much higher quality paint.

Gee, I wonder why a company filled with various top quality artists from all over the globe, (including China), who are working for/with some of the biggest entertainment companies in the world and partnered with major online retailers all over the world would have less problems producing their items than a bunch of guys who run a small toy forum making action figures for the first time.

...you are comparing apples to steak.

I don't know of a single successful toy KS that hasn't had delays, BFS, MTF, 4HM, October Toys, etc etc, some long time toy makers, and all of them have had the same problems the Fwoosh guys have had. Companies like Kinetiquettes have mush stronger connections then most who rely on KS, especially first time toy makers.

>>6282632
Most people in here are doing the same thing they've done since the start of this KS. Which is bitching just to bitch about every thing and anything they can. The AA figures are no different from any other KS project that's made it's way to /toy/. People bitch, complain and troll until either the project crashes and fails or the items get into people's hands. /Toy/ is just full of negative nancys with too much sand in their vaginas, especially when it comes to easy targets like KS.

All that said, the paint on the Ninja themselves does look like ass and really isn't worth it. It would've been better if they just stuck to a simple paint scheme instead of "weathering" the hell out of em. Otherwise, they look fine. While the paint on the Ninja suck, the paint on the Samurai armor and other stuff is pretty nice. Yes, they have ML tier articulation, but it's what they were always said to have and that came out exactly as expected. That still gives them plenty of motion while not being fiddly to the point of annoyance.
>>
>>6282557
Oh lol I almost lost my shit thinking my deadpool could finally aim at something
>>
Nice paint rub
>>
Did anyone get any further with refunds?

I was hyped for these before but now I'm very lukewarm and I'd rather get my money back and put it toward other things.
>>
>>6283149
I refunded back around August.
>>
The weathering seem okay EXCEPT in the the black ninjas. These and Solitaire look awful, like absolute trash. The arms aren't even weather enough to match.

I ordered one of these and I'm definitely gonna remove that shit and repaint it and hit it with a matte finish to get the semblance of what they originally intended
>>
File: Screenshot_20170416-234344.png (2MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170416-234344.png
2MB, 1440x2560px
>>6283177
Fuck forgot picture.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170416-234334.png (2MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170416-234334.png
2MB, 1440x2560px
>>6283180
I'm definitely disappointed in these figures. It seems so easy to avoid a mistake like too much weathering. Aside from that everything else looks okay at best
>>
>>6283177
>>6283180
>>6283181
Those arms are from the Evil Sensei figure, which doesn't have shading on it.
>>
>>6283180
>>6283181
I just don't understand why they did so much shading... I love the matte black look they had on Solitaire for the painted prototype.
>>
I don't know if he just sucks at posing or something, but these just look so...not dynamic and lame.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BS-S17OgfFq/
>>
>>6283286
Hes just terrible, like most ACBA photographers.
>>
>>6280163
Instead of weathering they should have considered a matte coat. Those are some shiny fucking ninjas.
>>
File: china sucks.png (946KB, 1400x5552px) Image search: [Google]
china sucks.png
946KB, 1400x5552px
>>6282550
>>6282557
>>6282632
>Fwoosh shouldn't blame the Chinese factory fucking up their toys because they literally need to hire someone to babysit them like all the major companies do because China can't be trusted. And they need to hire someone new, because all the trusted agents are working for other companies, so they must investigate into an agent because so many of them take bribes from the factories, as many of them do not give a fuck because they're tired of taking China's blame and no amount of money is worth the pain of dealing with China so they're leaving after this last gig
>also, all companies should hire factories making $800 statues because even long established companies like 4H, DCC, NECA, McFarlane etc get their toys 6-12 months delayed because China is shit
What's up with the influx of idiot ignorant kids on /toy/ lately? Did some shitty forum die or was their a mass banning on some other shitty forum?

You guys are seriously dumb and dont know how routine delays are. Every single Kickstarter that's been funded and talked about on /toy/ was delayed. Almost all of them for 6 months+.

Fact of life and the fact you kids are crying over this just shows this is your first kickstarter.
If you guys are too afraid of toys being delayed because they want to increase the QC and fix other issues, maybe you should stick to only buying stuff in Target like all the other kids.
Investing in a toyline is just too much for you kids.
>>
>>6283532
>Every single Kickstarter that's been funded and talked about on /toy/ was delayed. Almost all of them for 6 months+.
But this one is delayed for a year and counting. Even then the pics are subpar combined with the ringing sound of shameless shilling

>Investing in a toyline is just too much for you kids.
>Investing in chinese plastic garbage nobody needs

Again, getting fucked over means that they're amateurs and deserve the criticism. Other KS didn't get fucked over by Chinese factories this badly.
>>
>>6283532
These figures look like they should be sold in Target. They have awful weathering. The issues are that these figures have been delayed for about 1 year now. Which is way more than any other toy Kickstarter I have backed. Delays are inevitable and expected but when delays for "stuck hands that need to be heated" are bullshit especially when the figures look so dingy and dirty in comparison to what was being shown off. ML and their Gothropolis figures were delayed about six month but came out fantastic and exactly as expected.

Worse off, these guys got help from an actual toy company forcing the price increase and still have produced mediocre looking marvel legend tier toys because they couldn't watch over the factory. These were suppose to be on the better end of quality and yet they look like something from Hasbro.
>>
>>6283594
>These were suppose to be on the better end of quality and yet they look like something from Hasbro.
Literally zero smart people thought that. Right when they showed the silhouette articulation breakdown many of us here knew from day one that it was glorified Hasbro trash and not a higher form of quality than what can be found on store shelves.
>>
>>6283570
>aboobooboo
That's hilarious that oyu don't think other KS or companies don't get fucked over by China, and that somehow getting fucked over means 4 Horsemen, Bandai, Hasbro, Boss Fight, DCC, Good Smile, NECA, etc etc are all amateurs too.
If you were crying about something ELSE that wasn't the MOST COMMON REASON TOYS ARE DELAYED, you might almost have a point.
You might as well say that they should take a trip down to China and spend the month or so to babysit their toys.
Do you know how much more that would cost? You're already crying over these toys costing $40 and now you really want them to take extra measures that only large companies can afford to do? Do any of the Fwoosh guys do this as a full time job, so they can take a trip over to China?

>Delays are inevitable and expected but when delays for "stuck hands that need to be heated" are bullshit especially when the figures look so dingy and dirty in comparison to what was being shown off. ML and their Gothropolis figures were delayed about six month but came out fantastic and exactly as expected
LOL dude. Go fuck yourself.
Do you know how many people have complained about 4H's figures for having easily scratchable paint, breaking accessories, and being loose? Nevermind their huge HUGE inability to ship anything on time. And this last bit is on 4H THEMSELVES, that they have FULL control over. Not because of China trying to save pennies and sneaking shoddy shit through like we won't notice.
I'd bring up their figures not able able to hold their accessories right, but that's just how 4H's always been. I knew what i was getting into.

>>6283618
It's a nice case revisionism.
Some idiot takes "These toys look cool" to mean "Their the greatest toys ever and the QC is the greatest and the paint jobs are the greatest"
You either have to be blind or a troll that they didn't look like something Hasbro made since day one.
>>
>>6283687
>it's better than nothing argument

How are people this Stockholm Syndrome'd out of their mind?

As customers we're supposed to hold the toymakers feet to the fire. Just because they're in KS doesn't mean they're your friend. Every other generals, let it be Marvel general vs. Hasbro, Figma vs. Max Factory, DC general vs. DCC, Star Wars vs. Hasbro has skeptical and fair attitude toward their respective toymakers.

For some reason when it is a KS project, then people get Stockholm Syndrome'd and would defend the shitty practices and incompetence to no end. THESE PEOPLE ARE NOT YOUR FRIEND.
>>
>>6283733
>implying that's a better than nothing argument
You realize that i said just the opposite of that image, that it's better to get a quality product than rushed shit? There is no "nothing" in anything i said.
You're just trying to justify your bitching and you know you have nothing to stand on.

>As customers we're supposed to hold the toymakers feet to the fire.
Yeah, that's nice, but for people to cry about how they're amateurs and that they're just coming up with excuses? That's a huge laugh, because every single toy company that deals with China is going to have delays. Only major companies can handle that shit because they are worth so much more money to the factories and/or they release so much product you just don't notice or care when something is delayed.
>For some reason when it is a KS project, then people get Stockholm Syndrome'd and would defend the shitty practices and incompetence to no end
Stop being retarded. My entire post isn't to defend the delays, my posts are to point out how ignorant your complaints are and believe it's Fwoosh's fault for China fucking them over.
You can bitch about the delays, but don't ignorantly cry about how these things are unique and not common place.
>>
I emailed KS customer service about a refund for my pre-order. She forwarded my message directly to The Fwoosh guys and just waiting for them to reply.
>>
>>6283687
>>6283931
>Other retards have fucked up in the past, so you should be cool that we are also retards and fucked up as well

Literally your entire argument
>>
>>6283532
I don't think you really read some of the posts you linked.
>>
>>6283532
I didn't even back this shit
You don't have ot back shit to know when someone fucked up
I bet your're going to start screaming sour grapes again
>>
>>6284004
>only retards make toys in China
You're just grasping at straws now.

And here's something you don't really seem to notice with how most companies work: when something is first announced, they usually don't tell you when it's going to be released. If they say anything at all they give a really vague date like Fall or 2nd Quarter. So when these companies show you this brand new toy, this is when they already have a working prototype and likely already have shit going on in China.
With the way these kickstarters work? They're about 3-6 months BEHIND where a major company usually shows off a new product. So when they tell you their estimated release date, as an investor in their company and product, it's their best guess based on what others tell them. Invariably, even those with a lot of experience miss those best guesses because China.

Like i said, if you'd rather remain ignorant on how long it takes to produce a toy and don't want the company to tell you why shit is delayed, just stick with shit being sold in WalMart.

>>6284036
Who said you have to back this shit to be ignorant?
>>
>>6283687
4HM toys are still leagues above what they've shown us so far. These toys don't look worth the price. Mind you the birds were only 25 dollars, too.
>>
>>6283594
Actually the Ravens were delayed by about a year as well and many of them had stuck joints to the point it was a known issue. There was even an update on the KS and a warning/care instructions included with the figures that told backers to be careful with the joints and if need be to use hot/cold to get the joints free to prevent breakage.

It is literally the same kind of issue the Fwoosh guys are trying to avoid.

>Do you know how many people have complained about 4H's figures for having easily scratchable paint, breaking accessories, and being loose? Nevermind their huge HUGE inability to ship anything on time. And this last bit is on 4H THEMSELVES, that they have FULL control over.

I'll give you the easily scratched paint, I'll even concede that the legions can get loose in the hips, but easily broken accessories? Those things are built like freaking steel, you have to really try if you want to break their accessories.

As for their shipping, the 4H have no control over USPS upping their fees without notifying them nor can they control Fedex doing limited pick ups. But that's a whole different can-o-worms.

Long story short, never jump into a KS expecting to get your items fast. Or on time for that matter.

>>6283618
They were pretty upfront about these guys being inspired by and designed to fit with Marvel Legends and other western action figure lines, so I don't understand why people are so surprised by it. Their articulation and molding look fine, it's just their shoddy paint that's surprising.
>>
>>6284230
The Ravens were most certainly NOT $25. They were $35 and come with far less accessories. As a whole, while I do love my little flock, the only good thing about the birds are their unique heads and their colors, otherwise they're pretty ok figures with some basic-but-limited articulation and bare bones accessories. They also had far less mold work to do because all the birds are 100% the same figure aside from the heads.

But all things considered, high price tags are something that can't really be avoided when buying KS based figures. Even the 4" BFS figures were $25 a pop. The less figures get made the higher each one will cost.
>>
File: minoshit.jpg (200KB, 758x1318px) Image search: [Google]
minoshit.jpg
200KB, 758x1318px
>>6284231
>Those things are built like freaking steel, you have to really try if you want to break their accessories.
He fell because his feet and hips are loose as shit and the shield snapped from the fall.
The minotaur isn't made of lead and he fell onto wood that he was standing on.

I've been collecting their stuff since before the original minotaurs and the plastic they keep choosing for the accessories isn't durable like steel. It's probably less durable than NECA's stuff. Which is to say, i don't actually know how durable, since i've never actually broken any of NECA's stuff and the only other breakage I've had from 4H's stuff was my Time Keeper's mallet falling.
You can definitely tell how brittle the plastic is by just the feel of it though. Almost no malleability, which is the easiest way to increase durability.

>But that's a whole different can-o-worms.
they could have just had someone do a drop off. lots of options and they chose not to. It's something they directly controlled.
>>
>>6284275
One broken accessory doesn't mean they all break easily. Though I agree these things are stiff as hell, well most of the weapons anyway. For some reason the two named swords are both softer plastic, and it shows. Especially on the Arethyrblade with it's mushy crossguard sculpt.

And they ship items out via skids twice a week, those require pick ups via freight trucks which only come when specifically scheduled. Being so sporadic with their bulk shipping, it probably cost them money per pick up and it's not something they can have done too often. I pretty much guarantee the Fwoosh guys will have just as many problems shipping things out in a timely manner.
>>
>mfw when hasbro does the hand ninja's for the marvel knights wave
>>
>>6284231
>nor can they control Fedex doing limited pick ups.

Yes they fucking can if they bothered to get a corporate fedex account. I know exactly the problem they had, with individual account as literally who rando Fedex account user you're limited on how many items you can ship per day.

Do you think Fedex limit Amazon on how many shipment they could ship as a company?
>>
>>6284553
I don't think Fedex would limit Amazon because Amazon ships either USPS or ships using their own delivery drivers. Amazon is so big, they're literally starting their own shipping services.

That said, I can't find any info on Fedex limiting how many items you can send with any account, nor would that make any sense to even have a limit like that. They get paid per shipment, why would they restrict how many items you can ship?
>>
File: givenup.jpg (22KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
givenup.jpg
22KB, 480x480px
>need extra money for a trip
>145 dollars in for this kickstarter

hmmm
>>
>fwoosh defense force comes in and tries to shit on 4h instead
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
>>
>>6282755
when youre a year late and still giving repeated excuses, while showing subpar quality of hte product compared to what you were advertising...yes...people get mad.
>>
>>6284608
>why would they restrict how many items you can ship?
To get you to buy the corporate or premium account duh. There's no limit if you drop it yourself to a Fedex center, but there's a limit for pickup.
>>
>>6283180
>>6283181

I'm praying to god these images are of prototypes and will not be the end result shipped to backers

-way- too much ugly drybrushing.
>>
>>6284689
Nope, that's essentially what's shipping. These were meant to ship before they decided to completely remold the hands and heads
>>
>>6284673
>people talking about kickstarter toylines
>comparisons made to show how they're all the same
>people get defensive because everything isn't as sparkly and happy as one poster tried to lie about 4H KS's not suffering from the same issues (and worse)
But you're right, i liked it better when people were just making ignorant remarks and didn't have to lie some more because they got backed into a corner.

>>6284703
OP's post talks about them recognizing that hte paint apps were sloppy and are things that are fixed during this point in the production of the toy. It's actually a very easy fix (along with making sure the accessories are put with the right figures), unlike ordering untested brand new plastics.

A simple pinky swear from the Chinese foreman is usually enough to continue the production of the figures as they are, because that's just a QC issue. The new plastic means the time to get it and resending samples again, before mass production starts.
>>
How come all the figures look like they have paint-wear and were handled by a toddler? Please don't tell me they're actually shipping these.
>>
Damn, I have four figures, one of them being the Black Ninja, and two arm packs.

The Black ninja could be saved with a simple repaint, I guess. I hope these delays really do mean we are getting an overall better figure because these paint apps are lacking, and its crazy looking through that instagram. Nearly everyone is praising those toys. I won't lie tho, the part switching looks great
>>
>>6284810
You could slather a figure in literal feces and people would praise it for "adding depth to the sculpt" and "having more paint than a Marvel Legend! LOL"
>>
File: whitenina.png (581KB, 609x451px) Image search: [Google]
whitenina.png
581KB, 609x451px
>>6284810
>>6284812
Yeah, this white ninja looks league better than the black one. The issues with the weathering dont seem to be in this one.
>>
The guy going out of his way to defend this trash toyline is clearly one of the fwoosh cucks behind it who can't accept they are terrible businessmen and made some shit figures. Just because you buy lots of toys doesn't mean you know how to run a toy company.
>>
>>6285547
It's a given that they are fwooshfags. The funny thing is that they know we know, but they're too afraid to post their username and confirm it and at least own up to their bullshit. They're trying to make it seem like they're "one of us" rather than some transplant forum scum. You could probably narrow down who it is by going on their forum and seeing who the biggest delusional backer/defender/bootlicker of this train wreck is in their threads.
>>
>>6285555
Those digits confirm this as absolute gospel
>>
File: 3757270106.jpg (175KB, 619x488px) Image search: [Google]
3757270106.jpg
175KB, 619x488px
You guys wanna know what's REALLY fucked? From the looks of it, someone other than the main fwoosh guys got their ninjas (this was from r/ActionFigures). I mean, unless this poster IS one of those guys and just doesn't want to say
>>
File: Wn0svVy.jpg (427KB, 2250x3000px) Image search: [Google]
Wn0svVy.jpg
427KB, 2250x3000px
>>6285714
Pic from link they posted
>>
>>6285555
>>6285547
>if someone doesn't accept our ignorant beliefs that China isn't the ones responsible for the toys looking bad and the reason for the delay, that means they're the corrupt owners of bad IP who only take advantage poor Chinese workers and deny China of rightful ownership of South Chinese Sea and extended colonies claiming to be sovereign countries
I'm really disliking that Chinese people are able go outside of the government approved websites now.
>>
>>6285714
Seeing as r/action figures are scalper faggots I wouldn't doubt somebody from acba is on there.
>>
At least 4h is 'honest'
>>
>>6285727
Way to be a prick.
>>
>>6285715
>that laptop
>using flash
>broken joint not in focus
>brand new figure already covered in dust
Are they handing these out to children?
>>
>>6284448
>One broken accessory doesn't mean they all break easily. Though I agree these things are stiff as hell
But that's what it does mean, since they're all made of the same plastics (yes, swords are different) and have that same brittle feel.
>>
Anyone notice how in the Friday stream the guy said that he'd have a review of them up by saturday night and now it's tuesday night with nothing? I really want to see HD video of these things.
>>
>>6286105
Yeah idk what the fuck's taking him so long, apparently he's doing 3 reviews for each of the variants of figures. I'm sure they won't provide any sort of useful information anyway, just shilling them for 15 minutes with obnoxious turnarounds.

We got everything we need to know about these months ago with the Fwoosh's own reviews
>>
>>6286187
Yeah. At this point I think 90% of people just want to see the finished product. I threw down a few hundred bucks which isn't too much but definitely enough I want great figures. just like 5-7 minutes of talking about the figure. Upload them one at a time...
>>
>>6286269
I haven't dropped a dime on these yet, but I might grab a standard ninja to see if they're good or not. Just wondering if places like BBTS will stock them, and if so, how will they be priced and will they be available there before KS orders ship like what happened with Mythic Legions.
>>
I gotta be honest. I didn't even order these things, I could tell it was another kickstarter scam right from the get go and I come to this thread every day to watch the train wreck
>>
>>6286413
>another kickstarter scam
Haven't a lot of action figure KS been relatively well received? What was the last big failure?
>>
>>6286419
As far as Toy KS go, I don't really know of any major ones that received high levels of funding that didn't deliver decent-to-great figures. From the looks of it, these figures are looking at the very least decent, so calling it a scam and trainwreck is mostly just trolling. Yes, the paint is crap on a lot of figures, but the Ninjas are exactly what was advertised and the Fwoosh guys have been pretty upfront about all the problems that have happened during production.

If you want to see scam KS, just look at most video game ones, those things rarely turn out as well as advertised and usually bring in millions.
>>
>>6286468
I can't imagine backing a video game kickstarter. Hell, almost all of the "early access" games on steam I've seen never go anywhere. I bought one... Never again.
>>
>>6286468
>pretty upfront about all the problems that have happened during production
Except for the mismatched pin thing, which is the one of greatest concerns. We haven't seen anything other than "they took care of it"
>>
File: a.png (11KB, 294x76px) Image search: [Google]
a.png
11KB, 294x76px
>>6281876
lmao
>>
Fucking dying rn
>>
File: 1492578534027.png (25KB, 669x514px) Image search: [Google]
1492578534027.png
25KB, 669x514px
>>6286741
>>
>>6286741
a.) he's not drawing the arrow to eye level
b.) am I seeing black shoulder disc joints?
>>
>>6286793
I don't think so, they're just small and cast in shadow. Weird paint or mold flash though. Also, elbow pins are lookin nice and chewed up
>>
>>6286741
but... but I did do a better bow pose with my dc icons green arrow...
>>
>>6286741
>actually looks like he is naturally shooting an arrow
>with that shitty posing
Who is he trying to kid here?
>>
File: icons green arrow.jpg (102KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
icons green arrow.jpg
102KB, 1280x720px
>>6286741
>>
>>6283180
>>6283181
Yikes, weathering on the black ninjas look really bad. Glad those aren't the ones I ordered.
>>
>>6286741
Hah, he either removed that guys comment or the guy deleted it.
>>
>>6286741
>best 1/12th scale bow and arrow accessory
>bow doesn't even come with its own string
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>6286741
Tell me again why this guy got the figures early when his photos/poses look so shitty?
>>
>>6286813
connections via being an ACBA good boy.
>>
>>6286413
if you mean scam as in "take their money, never deliver a product" then I'm going to have to lol at you

theyre obviously going to deliver *something* eventually

now if you mean "create a sub part item thats garbage due to using the cheapest possible options to run with as high a profit as possible", can't really argue that one until I get mine in hands, but possible
>>
>>6283687
>You might as well say that they should take a trip down to China and spend the month or so to babysit their toys.

This is fucking hilarious because EVERY COMPANY DOES THIS. You HAVE to, or shit exactly like this will happen. That's production in China 101. Even if you do oversee it, shit will still go wrong, but at least you can limit the damage.
>>
>>6286413
I gotta be honest, you sound like a clueless fucking idiot.
>>
To give myself and other buyers some hope:

It's possible the weathering doesn't look so bad in person and the paint jobs just don't photographing well.

Granted the other black figures (samurais / non ninjas) look fine, but I don't think any of them have any weathering / drybrushing applied to begin with?

Also the chewed up looking pegs don't bother me as long as the figure is fine, I might wind up doing peg hiding mods anyway, especially if the weathering really is this bad as I'll probably fix that too.

This isn't an option for everyone and isn't something that should be given grace for, but ultimately as long as the core figure is good (not broken/defective, fragile, missing parts, etc) I'll come out happy at some point. Just might take a little more work than it should on my part to do so.

With that said:

You'd think with the amount of delay we've seen, they would have released high res images by now, and it concerns me that not only have they not done that, but the latest pics they shared were massively low res + wide, large shots to begin with. I feel like they're hiding it on purpose cause they know what's coming.
>>
>>6286802
That is certainly no better. For now I'll account the AI pose to the guy having no clue.
>>
>>6286816
He's also a fairly long time fwoosh member. I still don't know how it happened though. I wish they didn't do this, makes them look bad.
>>
Just saw that the guy who ran Shocker Toys is the one coordinating all the AI shipping details, makes sense I suppose
>>
>>6287121
>It's possible the weathering doesn't look so bad in person and the paint jobs just don't photographing well.
That's what I was thinking, the guy is fucking blasting these with bright lamps without diffusers. These would look much better in the hands of literally anyone else
>>
>>6287161
c'mon man
>>
>>6287121
>Granted the other black figures (samurais / non ninjas) look fine, but I don't think any of them have any weathering / drybrushing applied to begin with?
Pretty much. I'm not worried about the other figures (they look as I expected them to be) but the black ninjas do look to have it worse than initial photos would have you believe. But yeah the shitty photos by that guy really aren't helping.
>>
They need to give these to someone who can actually photograph shit. As it stands Dallas is doing an amazingly terrible (what) job at showing off these figures.
>>
>>6285715
>That dust
>That flash

I seriously feel like these were given out to the wrong people.
>>
File: image (2).png (13KB, 614x604px) Image search: [Google]
image (2).png
13KB, 614x604px
>>6285714
>I broke mine within a few minutes of doing ninja moves.
>>
Should we just bomb China for its dishonesty?
>>
File: image (2).jpg (11KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
image (2).jpg
11KB, 225x225px
>>6286798
THEY CAN'T SHIP THESE WITH THE PINS LIKE THAT
>>
>>6286798
I'll bet you 20 Filipino pesos that those shoulder discs are, in fact, black. Are you game, anon?
>>
>>6287361
I'll bet you 3 dollars and some warm gummy bears. Game on
>>
> Robo hasn't said shit since the latest delays
> Not even his regular weekly news vids

Are you shitting your pants you bald bastard?
>>
>>6287375
He's been at SW Celebration
>>
Why do people want reviews of these?

I thought the figures that were shown aren't final?
>>
File: IMG_5670 %28601x800%29.jpg (56KB, 601x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5670 %28601x800%29.jpg
56KB, 601x800px
http://thefwoosh.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=91&t=93366&start=3840#p3004743

>richevansohmygahd.jpg
>>
File: IMG_5668 %28625x800%29.jpg (75KB, 625x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5668 %28625x800%29.jpg
75KB, 625x800px
>>6287684
I'm at a loss for words
>>
File: IMG_5678 %28629x800%29.jpg (63KB, 629x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5678 %28629x800%29.jpg
63KB, 629x800px
>>6287685
>>
>>6287684

How much do these Marvel Legends cost again?
>>
>>6287687
fucking kek

it's a goddamn 90s era generic ninja
>>
File: IMG_5666 (632x800).jpg (72KB, 632x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5666 (632x800).jpg
72KB, 632x800px
>>6287684
>it's another case of "give it to the idiots who can't pose for shit"
It's like they purposely want to make these look bad to neuter expectations.
>>
>>6287723
Is that a sculpted belly button?
>>
>>6287726
Yes. Also as an aside
>Evil Sensei, Undead Samurai, and Modern Ninja are all the same character

You can't make this shit up. I'm just going to pretend that their backstories are non-existent with how stupid they sound.
>>
>>6287726
yes. They recycled the bare chest mold and just painted it black for this one.
>>
>>6287684
Why can't these fucks pose the figures decently in any way or even showcase the other accessories besides the same shit over and over again?
>>
>>6287734
Is there a 1/12th scale tacvest out there somewhere?
>>6287723
Goggles will get repainted too
>>
File: IMG_5679 (791x800).jpg (72KB, 791x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5679 (791x800).jpg
72KB, 791x800px
HAMMER TIME
>>
>>6287723
>>6287740
It fucking baffles me. These are the people that had input on how these were designed, people who were essentially in charge of the project, the people who wanted these to be made enough to set all this shit up, and they apparently have no fucking clue how to make the product look half decent.

What is so god damn hard about posing? It's literally the only reason to own articulated figures and they can't do it worth a shit
>>
>>6287761
couldnt get clear joints, huh?

the more I see of this shit the more I regret spending cash.I still want them but I feel like they cost more than they are worth by far.
>>
>>6287787
Not sure why you're bitching when /toy/ isn't any better at posting photos, especially when they're basically just doing a simple review.

In fact, it's pretty standard to see mundane poses even from the company who makes them.
>>
>>6287684
>>6287687
>>6287723
I guarantee the first person on the forum to call attention to how fucking shiny and gross these look is gonna get hit with "just spray some dullcote on em, not that bigga deal"
>>
>>6287888
They sent samples of the figures to show off the product to temper down reactions from constant delays. That's hardly comparable to a bunch of anons posting their random figures on an anonymous board. The least they could do is not make the figures look worse than they should be.
>>
>>6287909
so sending samples to random dudes... these guys should be taking better photos and posing their figures better than official main showings by the company themselves?

You're just being silly and funny for the sake of /toy/'s sense of righteousness, right?
>>
>>6287918
Those two pics you just posted is literally better posed than 90% of the photos out right now by virtue of being a vanilla neutral stance. Stop deluding yourself.

>/toy/'s sense of righteousness
Hardly, just asking for decent posing instead of making the figures look retarded.
>>
>>6287755
If you add some pouches on to extend it and cover the belly button, the DC Multiverse Rick Flag one could work. Neca Sam Fisher might also work, it's not a terribly large one. Or you could just dot a little bit of milliput in the belly button and hit it with a sharpie when it cures.
>>
File: vader model.jpg (91KB, 531x640px) Image search: [Google]
vader model.jpg
91KB, 531x640px
>>6287926
>stiff awkward posing is better than stiff awkward posing
I think your bias is showing, i mean, why else would you be pretending random guys should be doing what marketting should?
>>
>>6287941
>should be doing what marketting should
People are just asking for decent posing to see how good these can actually look. "Awkward posing" runs contrary to that.

>normal standing poses are "awkward posing"
You keep saying that and yet you keep posting photos of figures in better poses, not that it matters since we're just asking for decent poses in the first place.
>>
>>6287881
Yeah, I kind of want a few to serve as Hand Ninjas against my Marvel Legends Daredevil and Iron Fist, but I can't justify spending so much on Marvel Legends quality figures, even before all the issues people are having with them.

So I'll just wait to see if Hasbro releases any 6" Hand Ninja Legends around the release of Defenders.
>>
File: maxresdefault (6).jpg (92KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (6).jpg
92KB, 1366x768px
>>6287714
Is that a bad thing? That's why it was one of the only two I bought
>>
>>6287684
McFucking WHY don't they just give it to the photographers who can actually pose? There's TONS of people who can do it so much better, even our own photographers are better than this (mostly).
>>
>>6287928
Nah I want a full vest on him to complete the snakeeyes look I'm going for, I'm gonna need to do something about the mask too...
>>
File: titan2.jpg (175KB, 743x984px) Image search: [Google]
titan2.jpg
175KB, 743x984px
>>6287953
>yet you keep posting photos of figures in better poses
Is this like that joke about those guys who keep saying their psychiatrist keeps showing him porn despite it being only ink blots?

>People are just asking for decent posing to see how good these can actually look.
You're still asking random dudes and they probably aren't even on /toy/ anyway.

Have one of my own basic reviews where i didnt even bother to stand him up to show motion.
Yes, i know, not everyone can be as awesome as me and i certainly dont expect that from anyone on /toy/.

You expect too much from random people and just showing off their toys is usually good enough for me, especially when their joints are clearly shown.
>>
>acba lip smackers get early access and comped figures to buy positive reviews of the sinking ship that is AI
>early access reviews specifically made to keep pissed off people interested and stop the bleeding of people cancelling their KS contributions
>fwooshcucks still go on 4chan for damage control and denial posts
This is a comedy unfolding here, folks.

You'd have to be a fucking moron to not realize that fwoosh used to keep their prototypes and non-final figures close at hand and rarely let others mess with them, but now that they had to reveal a catastrophic delay and are bleeding money from people cancelling they are sending out figures every which way.

Alright, let the fwooshcucks reply and deny. But we all know it's true. This is a desperate ploy. I feel bad for them, and I would probably do the same thing if I were in their shoes, but that's exactly what's happening.
>>
>>6287957
only if you're paying more than $5 for one
>>
>>6287966
I can't think of another one that would work on a 6" figure, sorry. The best I can say is get one of those WWE Shield figures and trim down the vest like crazy. There's just not a lot of rubber overlay tactical vests in 1:12, for whatever reason.
>>
>>6287953
>People are just asking for decent posing to see how good these can actually look.

You can still tell how nice an action figure looks even if its posed bad.

Unless you are one of the kinds of people who are like "no no can you pose this Marvel Legends with its feet behind its head I NEED t know if it does that even though it looks just like the 100 other figures"
>>
>>6288006
>You can still tell how nice an action figure looks even if its posed bad.
oh, god, someone else on /toy/ with common sense?

Now i have to share my reign of king of the retards?!?
>>
>>6288006
>>6288023
Not at all true, Revoltechs being the prime example. Also lighting plays a pivotal role, which a lot of the people snapping shots of the AI figures have no clue how to do
>>
>>6287970
>showing motion
>this picture

Dude, ya too bad everyone isn't as awesome as you. Now go take your medicine, it's past your bedtime
>>
>>6287970
>... i didnt even bother to stand him up to show motion.

Um
>>
>>6287918
>these guys should be taking better photos and posing their figures better than official main showings by the company themselves?

Not that guy, but honestly, yes. The people chosen to get the first hands on experiences with these figures should be the ones that would make them look their best. The whole point of these guys getting early access and sharing photos is to drum up hype and entice others to buy into the line. But poor lighting and posing, two things which really aren't hard to do, are just making these figures look worse then they actually are.

Hasbro can get away with crap product pictures because they're big enough to just not care. But the Fwoosh need all the good press they can get and this >>6287761 is no help at all.

>>6287976
>that fwoosh used to keep their prototypes and non-final figures close at hand and rarely let others mess with them,

They had the prototypes at Powercon and let whoever asked to fiddle and play with them. But being freaking prototypes they were extremely fragile and weren't even close to production quality. No company ships out their prototypes for reviews because prototypes are terrible examples for a finished product. They're also far too fragile and far too valuable as the entire toy line depends on those prototypes remaining in good condition until the figures actually go into production.

People are getting these guys in hand now because *they actually went into production*. Take off the tinfoil hat and pull the hate boner out your ass.

>>6288000
Because toy companies refuse to make generic soldiers. Hopefully the Army Alpha's line makes a comeback because that's another KS I would love to throw money at.
>>
>>6288006
That's nice and all, but we've been talking about how well these things can be posed around and how they look with the wide variety of accessories being offered. It doesn't help if you pose your figures standing around looking retarded. ML and other similar brands are often given the pass because we've had similarly existing figures from said brands that allow us to actually get a gauge on how they'd move/function. In that case, it's all about precedence.

This is practically a new brand where part of the marketing and appeal is literally in the title ("ARTICULATED Icons"). It's not as if people are asking for professional photographer-tier of photos. Good lord, I actually want this to succeed but the people they've handed these out to look as if they barely even care at all.
>>
>>6287970
That picture is fucking horrible.
>>
>>6288127
>This is practically a new brand where part of the marketing and appeal is literally in the title ("ARTICULATED Icons"). It's not as if people are asking for professional photographer-tier of photos. Good lord, I actually want this to succeed but the people they've handed these out to look as if they barely even care at all.

It's just the same Marvel Legends style shit are you people really expecting to find some like secret shoulder swing joint or something?

>>6288057

That's because Revoltechs are the kind of figures that only look good in 2-3 special poses.
>>
>>6287970
>You're still asking random dudes and they probably aren't even on /toy/ anyway.
Are you underage? I highly doubt that anyone complaining literally had this goal in mind. It's not as if people can't make rhetorical statements or just plain criticize something.
>>
>>6288136
>implying people here are merely pretending when they say anyone who doesn't believe the BS on here are cocksuckupsonthemessageboardtheyrebannedonFwooshposters
It's just the way they word things, you know what i mean?
But I like how you ignored the tone for the rest of my post and took that little bit literally.

>>6288057
>Revoltechs being the prime example.
Revoltechs, at least Yamaguchi's, are a prime example of toys only looking good in very selective poses, to hide all the asinine joints in order ot get the hips to thrust outward just right. So of course you have to take careful shots of them, otherwise they look horrible.

>>6288100
Range of motion. How far his joints can move.
You know what context is?... but i guess in a board where only one other person can be king....
>>
File: boss fight samples.jpg (68KB, 639x294px) Image search: [Google]
boss fight samples.jpg
68KB, 639x294px
>>6288104
>The people chosen to get the first hands on experiences with these figures should be the ones that would make them look their best.
Hahahah, nope.
Sorry, but have you seen their pictures?
It's very obvious the guys who got samples are NOT marketing guys. Again, they're completely random people and they're obvious people who spent a lot of money to get samples in the first place.
People who pay extra money to get first dibs and bragging rights aren't smart people, and it shows since samples like they are usually flawed anyway.

Seriously, who the fuck pays for fucking samples?

Anyway, you don't fucking hype up production errors. This is why almost every single company who even talks about their samples being rejected don't post 3908234 images of them. You hear them talk about how QC wasn't up to snuff or pieces were misapplied, but that's about it and MAYBE some low resolution 2004 cellphone camera quality numbnailed sized images.

Here's how professionals do it: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/813878470/boss-fight-studios-vitruvian-hacks-action-figures/updates
>As a result, the set looks a bit hodge-podged and we don't want to give the impression that this is the look that will be even close to what the production set will be. When we have a finalized, correctly run colored sample, we'll do a quick update with good photos
So the fact that you WANT them to take professional quality photos of REJECTED figures shows that you're as bad or worse than the people you're speaking ill of.
>>
>>6288326
These are not samples, this is what would've shipped had the swappable parts not been so tight and need to be redone
>>
Flop of the decade?
>>
File: hon hon hon.gif (3MB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
hon hon hon.gif
3MB, 600x300px
>>6288426
>this is what would've shipped
So you're saying they received 5,000+ action figures last week? Without checking how the plastic would be?

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Here's a little more education on the process, as spoken by professionals
>This trip shaved what could have been 4-6 weeks of shipping items back and forth to make changes and comments down to 3 very long and brutal one-day meetings.
Unfortunately, not everyone can take the time/money to take a week long trip to do what Boss Fight did and the weeks long exchanges are pretty common even with established major companies.
>>
So like who do I talk to if I want these in my hands now? I'm trying to take better pictures than that sorry mess up there on the fwoosh forums
>>
>>6287970
You are lazy as shit my dude
>>
Review is up: https://youtu.be/22qtmeH07Fo
>>
>>6288705
the only thing I'm pissed about (i'm 5 minutes in) is the fucking terrible grimy "weathering", looks like he slipped in a puddle of cum and shook himself off like a dog.
>>
>>6288705

That is some damn shiny plastic
>>
>>6288705
oh FUCK the blue shinobis hair
>>
>>6288878
kek
>>
>>6288919
Yeah I don't know if it's just the one he was sent but it looked terrible
>>
>>6288946
its a shame because the blue shinobi is easily the best looking of the basics.
>>
>>6288955
I'd say the red looks best but the lighting he used was still god fucking awful
>>
>>6288966
the red one just seems unfinished to me, if it had a little bit of black brushing here and there it'd be a lot nicer

then again it probably is the lighting and it probably actually has some
>>
>>6288971
It has a black-ish wash to it, you can barely see it in the video because it's blown out to shit.

It's mostly noticeable on the creases and folds.

Also, I wonder what the likelihood of botched eyes are gunna be if even ML can't get them right.
>>
>>6289137
The goggles look like shit on solitaire so I can't hope too much for even smaller actual eyes.

The original pictures had ninjas with white/greenish solid eyes but now they're apparently bright orange or something.
>>
>>6289168
The Black have Orange eyes and the Red have Green eyes

White and Blue are deluxe only so they have regular eyes
>>
>>6288705
>"a few samples"
>literally every figure in the line, including multiples of some
>>
>>6288705
Shinobi hair looks ridiculous, but he may have been putting it on wrong or not inserting it all the way.

I'm guessing Solitaire wasn't selling well, cause there's no way that's anyone's favorite.

I'm still on the fence. They look really grossly shiny in some angles/lighting, and not at all in others. I want ninja figures though, so I guess i'll just bite the bullet and order a few at the very least as to avoid future price increases
>>
>>6288326
The finalized Boss Fight figures looked the same as the sample ones. Some actually looked worse
>>
>>6288705
>His favorite is clear and away the worst looking one that had the worst quality drop by a wide margin.

Oh come on, dude.
>>
>>6280183
>Another livestream where ACBA autists that didn't even back the project get to fuck around with the figures that people have been waiting over a year to receive.

I backed, I'm patient, expected delays since it was their first rodeo, but THIS. I hate watching lame reviewers hamhand figures that I've been waiting a year for.
>>
>>6288705
>They'll pose just as good as the almighty marvel legends

I don't get why people dick ride marvel legends so hard.

These clearly have better articulation than marvel legends with the ab crunch on a ball and the hips being better. It's okay, you can acknowledge marvel legends aren't the best thing out there.
>>
>>6289307
I dropped 700$ on these and I can tell you right now the Ab-Crunch is just as shit as ML if not more.
>>
>>6289310
When he does the articulation demo you can see it has good range plus the mid torso rotation, which the MLs don't have. It's not great, but it's better than a hinge.
>>
>>6280384
>individual oil paint portraits of each ninja
I'd buy that. Seems like something you'd get more with old-school sailors or pirates. Ninja portraits would just be black.
>>
>>6288705
>Strider hair is a HAT

This was SO stupid.
>>
>>6289307
>>6289310
>>6289311
Forward crunch is most important, and it looks weak af, I agree. The ability to twist is around and do side to side is awesome though. Wish they'd taken some inspiration from Revoltechs, those things can crunch forward like no other
>>
>>6289284
Solitaire seems to be quite a few people's favourites. And I think I recall them saying of the named characters (not a basic or deluxe ninja) he was one of the highest selling. Pretty sure the martial artists were the ones that sold the least.
>>
>>6288705
Okay, so pretty much the basic ninjas outside of solitaire look fine.

If these were more reasonably priced I probably would have bought some.
>>
>>6289321
That's weird as hell to me, I'd think the people buying these would've grown past liking edgy designs like that.

The martial artists not selling doesn't surprise me at all, the ones with pants look terrible. Glad to know I'll be able to grab them after everything's said and done.
>>
>>6288705
the white ninja looks the least shinny sadly the black is what most want
>>
>>6285939
Have you SEEN Shartimus Prime? The vocal few members (ACBA) of the action figure collecting community are the ones who make us all look like neckbeard manchildren.
>>
>>6287254
What'r we even doing out here, man?
>>
>>6289325
It's because it can become a snake eyes in 1/12 scale
>>
>>6288633
Email the guys at fwoosh and tell em you'll literally suck their dicks. Because unless you are one of their friends, you are not getting shit.
>>
>>6289375
With a belly button!
>>
>>6289315
All the hairs are hats so you can interchange them.
>>
>>6289429
should have just done alternate head sculpts rather than go for the gimmick.
>>
>>6289429
This gives you way more opportunity to have fun characters. You can have the old man head with strider hair.
>>
File: 2016_GOP_Debate-07d83-1413.jpg (268KB, 1484x991px) Image search: [Google]
2016_GOP_Debate-07d83-1413.jpg
268KB, 1484x991px
>>6288705
Confirmed:
>>6287976
Sad!
>>
They don't look too bad to me. Sure, the paint is definitely sloppy on a few areas I could see. Super heavy dry-brushing on those ninjas especially solitaire. His goggles are also really sloppy, and it seems like the pupils might have some issues like marvel legends.

I do have to say at least these guys, unlike hasbro, are able to get a full use of the outward thigh articulation while looking decent. If hasbro could do that on some of the more agile characters that'd be great.
>>
>>6289676
They would be just fine if they weren't 35 for a basic ninja and 50 for a deluxe one. Absurdly low quality for that price.

But they'll still argue that since it was their first endeavor and they're just starting from scratch, that's how high they needed to be. That's been the excuse for just about every problem they've had
>>
>>6289684
The cost comes from them hiring another company to design their toys. They have to pretty much pay them for the designs along with production.
>>
>>6289689

Coupled with that ridiculous shipping. No fucking way does it cost 35 bucks to ship 4 figures and two arm sets.
>>
>having to repaint an entire figure
>fifty dollary doos

No thank you
>>
>>6289689
Yeah the price is easily the biggest issue with these. If these had Marvel Legends pricing, or even just a few dollars more, they'd be damn good figures for the price. But for almost import prices? Garbage.
>>
>>6289852
At $25 for a basic ninja and about $30-35 for a deluxe I would have bought probably 7-8 figures.
>>
File: Hiya-Toys-Aliens-139.jpg (304KB, 2048x1331px) Image search: [Google]
Hiya-Toys-Aliens-139.jpg
304KB, 2048x1331px
>>6289852
I think it's more on the point of: where else are you going to get ninjas like this?

I'm rarely ever paying for quality or features with a lot of toys i buy.
Most imports in general are overpriced as fuck, just because they're from some Asian country and they overcharge like crazy. Toys like this are barely better than a Hasbro GI Joe yet cost twice as much, yet if i want figures that are based on the marines from Alien, it's the only way i can get them. Same with the Aliens themselves.
So with Articulated Icons, I'm basically paying for the privilege of owning ninjas in scale with other 1:12 figures. They're not bad looking toys and could be better, but they're all within my standards in what i expect from my toys. Overpriced? Yep, but if i want them, i have to pay up.

That's just how it is with this hobby.
>>
File: FootClan_001.jpg (137KB, 603x576px) Image search: [Google]
FootClan_001.jpg
137KB, 603x576px
>>6289915
>where else will you get ninjas like this

And dont forget the new ben10 ninja squad stuff
>>
File: feet.jpg (155KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
feet.jpg
155KB, 1280x720px
>>6289917
I would pay so much money to get more NECA Feet.
Where are the Figuart and Revoltech feet?
>>
>>6287723
>>6287740
>>6287926
>>6287953
>>6287958

I'm one of the guys pissed about the results we've been getting for the last year

but in fwooshes defense, I'm sure there's not much of a "posing audition" people have to try out for in order to get the figures.
>>
>>6289960
But that's not the point. The point is they gave em out to people who don't know how to make their product look good, by posing them in shitty and unimaginative poses. Like what the fuck is the translucent ninja even doing in >>6287761? C'mon now
>>
>>6288705
>Says he doesn't want the video to be too long
>jams unnecessary footage of ninjas everywhere

I can't remember but are those walls included with the figures? I thought it was just the roof tops with he deluxe figures.
>>
>>6290084
The insert in the box acts as a wall, so it's just cardboard really.

To weigh in on the delays, I do feel like this is a learning experience for them, and that any more waves after this will surely go more smoothly. I do appreciate that they want the figures to be as good as they could be, for what they are. It reminds me of Miyamoto's old quote, "A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." I would rather they have a good product than a bad one, even if it takes a bit longer.
>>
>>6290322
The problem is it seems these are bad products that are taking longer than some good products
>>
>>6290383
They look good to me.
>>
>>6290035
fwoosh has no way of knowing how good or bad the people they select will pose the items.

it's not like they have a giant contract outlining the do's and dont's of posing their figures for candidates to sign before they get figures shipped to them

that's the point im making.

beyond that, srsly, we have more than enough legitimate bullshit to complain about, do we -really- need to be autists and cry the unaffiliated 3rd parties that received items sooner than the masses are posing them in shitty poses or have some dust on them?

Really?

as long as they give us high res images and various angles so we can see the details we question, who cares how they're posed.
>>
>>6290812
>fwoosh has no way of knowing how good or bad the people they select will pose the items.

Aside from the people they chose having very public samples of how they pose and display figures?
>>
>>6289915
This is unfortunately the biggest problem with these figures, and the reason they can be judged so harshly. The toys themselves would be great at a lower price point, but the very fact that they're being made in smaller numbers and had so many people involved in their creation just causes the price per piece to sky-rocket. But the prices on all of the figures is just above that "too high" price point that it turned a lot of people off.
>>
>>6290831
It's Fwoosh's mistake of letting rejected samples be shown off in the first place.
You asking for better pictures is just as retarded.

>>6290856
>The toys themselves would be great at a lower price point
Sorry, but no.
A toy is good or bad despite its price point. I really hate to bring this up, but almost all import toys are barely worth more than your standard Hasbro figure.
Almost all collector toys cost as much as they do because of lower than mass market production numbers. Almost all KS toys have lower production numbers than your average NECA or Good Smile figure, so that raises the cost even more.

The VALUE for practically every collector line, feature per feature, would only increase the price to what the average NECA costs (about $5 more than a Hasbro ML) if it was made by Hasbro and sold in WalMarts.

So the price for these ninjas is what it is solely because it's filling in a small niche. Their value is no better than an ML. How good the toys is stands APART from its price.

tl;dr: you finding it worth the price is strictly subjective and doesn't dictate whether a toy is good or not.
>>
File: 2017-04-21 20.20.48.png (960KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
2017-04-21 20.20.48.png
960KB, 1440x2560px
Lol
>>
>>6289689
Yeah I forgot to mention that the price is high. Maybe like 25 for a basic and 35 for deluxe would have been better. 30 for the in between ninjas.

>>6291012
When this guy starts making sense and you agree with him it's a problem.
>>
>>6290831
how i pose item A for picture A does not determin how I'm going to pose item B for picture B.

yes, it can be a hint. no, it does not define a rule.

I'm sure theres plenty of "good" toy photographers who have done shitty jobs, and vic versa. especially when the topic at hand is an opinion based on taste vs fact based around scientific process.

for the record, >>6290919 isnt me, and i dont totally agree (nor totally disagree) with their quality =/= price statements

i agree overall a toys quality stands apart from their price with price normally being dictated almost wholy by mass, but with a bit of "effort in creation" ie level of intercity, sculpting detail, accessory count, etc adding to it some. After that is just brand value.

>>6291012
good news for him - they typically scatter delay announcements with bullshit filler updates so it doesnt feel like every update is a delay.

for example, we got a delay, then were promised final word on shipping eta's etc, but a month past the expected update we still had radio silence - the next update? "hey guys were not going to make a peep about what we said we would talk about here, because theres another delay...but since we just told you last update about a delay we'll save that announcement for the next update and act like everythings going great and waste this update with some shitty low res distant shots of figures!"

>>6291059
I really feel like they should offer a discount on future purchases for additional figures/future series if they're going to safe face at this point. this roller coaster ride has been a joke
>>
I realized we won't get these figures in May, maybe by July if they are lucky. Considering, they wanna redo the hands, and then after that they still got to ship the toys back to the states. That's another while to wait.

On top of that and then shipping the toys and and packaging orders and all that good shit, I just think we may get them Mid to Late summer and unlike the Gothroplis birds (Which were also super delayed) , these probably wont be blowing people away making it worth the wait
>>
>>6291291
>I really feel like they should offer a discount on future purchases
They don't need to do shit.
And it sets an awful precedence and goes against what a Kickstarter really is.
Kickstarter is not a pre-order system, it's an investment site and every single backer is an investor in the company. Their stake in the company is limited, in these cases, to the product. By pulling out it rocks the entire boat, and can lead to the collapse of the company.
Pretty fucking short sighted and just shows how some people are too dumb to ever own stock.

And this makes other people expect the same thing from other kickstarters, which is NOT a pre-order system, and makes it more iffy in the future for companies who want to produce something.
It's not like this company isn't going to deliver on their promised product anyway. Get angry then, not at delays that are meant to increase the quality of the product that they promised to deliver.

Delays are common as fuck with nearly everything, but the reactions shown in this thread, it just shows there's so many people here that are too unfamiliar and hostile to anything but shopping at their local WalMart.
>>
>>6291320
The birds blew people away? I was late to the party and got a few when they added them recently to their online store but I feel they're pretty bad figures. Very, very nicely detailed, but sub par articulation makes them a hassle to play around with and makes standing them up difficult. I have 2 more unopened just because I don't feel the need to. Like I said they look great, they're just not good figures, in my opinion. Whether or not AI figures end up great, I don't know, but I feel like they'll be at least better than those. All opinion, of course.
>>
Size comparison video: https://www.instagram.com/p/BTNe2JmgIMT/
>>
>>6291427
i never said anything about puling out and my personal bullshit limit has not filled yet to do so, either.

I myself am in for nearly $200 (or over? cant remember since its been -over a year- past due) and stayed in, because i still believe this has potential, but I bought in with expectations and pretty promises being made about their end results.

Now if they do not follow through with those end results and the product comes out subpar- I will not be buying in on any future products they will produce, period.

I'm sure I'm not the only person thinking like this, and I wouldn't blame many people for already being to the point of them having lost credit for future purchases, or even refunding.

Now with that said, what's done is done, there's no turning back on the damage already caused. Their numbers are all but assured to suffer in a future venture after this mess. so what can they do?

Pick themselves up by their bootstraps and

1. Get a grip on the shit going on and do whatever is possibly needed to ensure -nothing- causes another "surprise delay" handed out by casual avoidance and bypassing of discussion

2. make sure the end product mirrors the promises they originally gave.

3. offer a discounted price on future purchases for all series 1 backers, which causes no loss of initial funds, stops additional people backing out and appeases those on the fence like myself, and merely lowers their profit margin on wave 2 (which will more than likely balance itself out by stopping them from hemorrhaging paying customers that don't come back because of this clown show)

They don't need to make it free, they dont need to sell them at a loss, or even break even. They just need to humbly offer an olive branch to those who were willing to give them a chance to begin with and got their foot stepped on in the process.

>They don't need to do shit.
Ya, they don't need to, but smart business dictates they should.
>>
>>6292877
>Now if they do not follow through with those end results and the product comes out subpar- I will not be buying in on any future products they will produce, period.
I'm with you on this and why i didn't back 4H's Mythic Legion 2 kickstarter.
Very disappointing how they handled every wave since their first MyL KS.

>1. Get a grip on the shit going on and do whatever is possibly needed to ensure -nothing- causes another "surprise delay" handed out by casual avoidance and bypassing of discussion
This requires a week long or longer trip to China though. You literally need to babysit these factories and for smaller companies, it really isn't an option, especially when they treat it as a past time.
Boss Fight did the baby sitting and it cost them 5k to do, so are you willing to pay that much more next time for a KS?

>smart business dictates they should.
So which companies have done so for delayed products?
>>
>>6293103

>This requires a week long or longer trip to China though. You literally need to babysit these factories and for smaller companies, it really isn't an option, especially when they treat it as a past time.
Boss Fight did the baby sitting and it cost them 5k to do, so are you willing to pay that much more next time for a KS?

That's called a cost of business. If that'st he only thing they can do to resolve the ongoing issues, sucks they didn't foresee it in the beginning but tough shit. If that's something that -needs- to be done, then it -needs- to be done.

>So which companies have done so for delayed products?
You're being too literal. The point is to find a courtesy/appeasement solution to provide to their customers to save face and show they care about their consumers. *Plenty* of companies do this sort of thing.

-Internet goes shitty and you call in? They'll happily wave or discount your bill while smiling, apologizing for the trouble, and without a single quip of argue against
-Order some fast foot and the orders wrong? Plenty of times it's free or they give you a large fry extra
-I just bought fried chicken for the family a couple weeks ago, they fucked up and the order took over 30 minutes to complete, they doubled my order free without me asking (~10 dollars)
-amazon will hand out 5-20 dollar credits to your account for errors on their part
-My mom once argued a price @ walmart for something. The manager gave us a 20 dollar gift card "for your trouble today" even though she turned out to be wrong.

and that's just off the top of my head. Small companies are even more likely to do this, my old job used to offer discount on future service/product when there's some kind of issue that upsets a customer to any degree and it worked great. I've since carried the habit into my current doings as well, because it works.
>>
>>6293942
5k amongst 1241 backers is an extra 4 dollars, so if you're saying I would throw an extra four dollars to improve production? Absolutely.
>>
>>6293961
It would actually cost more, since BFS have full time jobs as toy makers while Fwoosh are part time, so they have real jobs they have to do every week.
That's another added cost by missing about a month of work, if it's even possible. So that's tacked onto the cost of the trip.

Or we go back to hiring an agent to do it for them and that can be as iffy as just doing a pinky swear with the factory manager.
>>
>>6294396
Well, I'm sure these delays for this produced figures also cost money in the long run, Having to pay the workers more for fixing the pinholes again, and then again for redoing the hands for 200 cases of toys
>>
>>6294499
yep, so in the future, you really shouldn't bitch about the cost of producing $40 toys, because it can cost more if you dont want any delays.

Lotta people here have no idea of how toys are produced and should stick with buying shit in WalMarts only.
>>
>>6294396
>>6294838

i like how once you're beat in a debate (>>6293942) you just ignore the entire comment and focus on repeating the same thing to a new target (>>6294499)

I personally never complained about the price, though I agree the basic figures were too expensive, I felt the price for the deluxes was on the high side, but fair.

I likely know more than you about product design/manufacturing/production, running business ventures, partnering with chinese based companies/factories, and 3d printing/injection mold creation processes both for general merch and toy/action figure specific ventures. Stop talking down to people in the thread like you're something special, especially when your arguments are flat out weak.

as stated before, there's no reason to try and argue this entire situation hasn't put a bad taste in peoples mouths because it has, and it's even more silly to argue "nu uh companies don't compensate!" No, they don't -have- to do anything, but smart business would suggest they do.

Once again, if having someone out there to oversee the job is the *only* option and needs to be done, then it *needs* to be done. It's a cost of business and it's no ones fault but those in charge of the operation when unforeseen costs appear. Yes this eats into profit, it's called a mistake.

You speak as if the person selected can't do anything else but stare at factory workers 24/7 until the job is complete. Most people can operate 80-90% of their job remotely, especially if they're desk jockies. Eyes on the scene only need to be there to handle steps as they initiate and check in here and there to make sure everything's going right so entire runs dont complete before they find a mistake causing month long delays. They should easily handle such a thing with only partial loss to standard operations

>you really shouldn't bitch about the cost of producing $40 toys, because it can cost more if you dont want any delays.
lol...
>>
>>6294867
> beat in a debate
>points aren't addressed
>•which companies have done so for delayed products?
>plenty
Much answer!
>starts comparing apples to oranges
There's a wide gulf between a toy company who promises you a toy to be made but tells you shit can and will get delayed VS a company selling you an already made product and you getting pissed it isn't made within the time they specify.
But again, you're only proving my point
>Lotta people here have no idea of how toys are produced and should stick with buying shit in WalMarts only.
Because Walmart is the only thing you understand.

And acknowledging my point that toys will cost more if you want production time to be faster isn't "beating me" either

>Most people can operate 80-90% of their job remotely,
Yeah, like myself, but it sure as fuck would piss off my boss if i didn't show up because of your silly belief that they'll allow me to work anywhere i want. There's a reason why so many toy makers don't take trips to China and you're just trying to force it like it's seriously not optional. Nevermind that you have no idea what those fwoosh guys work as and may have shitty walmart restocking jobs.
The real world isn't like your WalMart understanding of life.

tl;dr: you're retarded and its why i didn't bother to respond the first time, especially when another poster made a post about about the only thing that shouldhave been acknowledged.
>>
File: IMG_5690 %28800x620%29.jpg (88KB, 800x620px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5690 %28800x620%29.jpg
88KB, 800x620px
More fuckawful posing if anyone was interested:

http://thefwoosh.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=91&t=93366&start=3870#p3005829
>>
>>6295265
This may be me but when I pose figures I try to never use stands. Like that middle guy would not need a stand if he tried a bit more.
>>
>>6295351
He shouldn't need a stand because the other two figures should be enough to hold him up.
>>
It's funny how hard these guys are still trying to defend this line (1:55:47)
>justify the delays with how much they each paid
>not mentioning the visible dips in quality from update to update
At this point, if the A.I team took actual shits into boxes & mailed them out, do you think the ACBA guys would still try to justify their purchases?
https://youtu.be/P6FIMHNFgZ4
>>
Looks like some weird yellow dry-brushing on the skin. I really want to like these, but it's getting hard lately.

Luckily I wasn't stupid enough to drop too much dough on these, all I've gotten so far is Shinobi.
>>
>>6295667
I definitely won't be backing another project by these guys but just want to get the two I paid for in and fix them on my own.
>>
>>6295667
I am just really glad they didn't dry brush on the white ninja. I really wanted a nicely colored pure black matte ninjas for solitaire like they showed but he has way too much of that shit colored dry brushing now. No idea what they were thinking.
>>
File: 59300e896c5211d13c2486e781cde67f.jpg (190KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
59300e896c5211d13c2486e781cde67f.jpg
190KB, 640x1136px
lol

Also, almost time for a new thread
>>
>>6294916
>There's a wide gulf between a toy company who promises you a toy to be made but tells you shit can and will get delayed VS a company selling you an already made product and you getting pissed it isn't made within the time they specify.
But again, you're only proving my point

are you suggesting mentioning anything done by non-toy related companies is not adequate example of companies compensating customers when they make mistakes and piss off customers? It literally has to be a toy company with pissed off customers during a kickstarter / "they bought a product knowing its not been made yet" scenario?

I really hope not, but if so it's no wonder you're not making a decent argument, you're fucking retarded
>>
>>6296769
Remember when they opened the One World Trade Center two years late and nearly a billion dollars over budget?
Remember how they gave everyone a free BJ for missing their deadline and 40% off leases?

How about when Sony delayed VR and everyone got a free coupon for 10% off their next purchase?

Oh yeah, never happened, because they aren't Pizza Hut handing you a coupon for a free pizza because they got your order wrong of shit they have dozens of in the back.

Nevermind that almost every fucking company won't announce shit until they're actually really sure when shit will be announced, yet Kickstarter has allowed WalMart plebs like yourself to gain a little knowledge into how companies produce shit.
Almost everything that Hasbro announces is stuff they had working on for 6-12 months before it was shown off. Same is true for practically every company producing anything requiring a year's headstart. These Kickstarters? That's Day One or Month One work if it was for Hasbro AND there's a whole month or three AFTER the KS ends where the KS doesn't even get the money, so they can't start working with China until then.

You're just a clueless git who thinks these things spring out of thin air in your local KMart and here you are getting angry when the delays that hit nearly every company happens, whining how you deserve compensation for something you did not actually buy. KS isn't a preordering system.
YOU are a backer. An investor. And your say is as limited as mine is for owning stock in Apple (hint for plebs: you need to own a whole number %age to get any say).
>>
>>6296845
>compares the world fucking trade center to toy companies as example of why toy company shouldnt want to appease upset customers
>uses "pizza joint vs toy company is too different" immediately after

Either you're just a troll trying to stir shit up in the thread, or holy fuck you're even MORE retarded than I thought.

>continues to call me and others "walmart plebs" for insults
I literally deal with Chinese factories regularly both for product creation and simple import, lol.

>keeps talking about delays
I don't know why you keep arguing about this, I'm not even mentioning the delays except saying I can see how other people are mad about it. That has nothing to do with my comp suggestion.

Yes, I fully agree when products are in such early phases delays are to be expected. I will however point out once again that we're approaching the 2 year mark which is where it starts being oddly long.

>Almost everything that Hasbro announces is stuff they had working on for 6-12 months before it was shown off.
Sure, np there (but I do disagree it takes 12 months for leader companies to complete the design/prototype process).

>These Kickstarters? That's Day One or Month One work
All figures except 2 had prototypes developed and in hand by the time they were announced in the KS

>AND there's a whole month or three AFTER the KS ends where the KS doesn't even get the money, so they can't start working with China until then.
Lol? It's very normal for companies to begin discussions and laying foundation plans while waiting to actually start. I'm willing to bet as soon as the goal was met they opened dialog, if not before.
>>
>>6296925
>>6296845
>You're just a clueless git who thinks these things spring out of thin air in your local KMart and here you are getting angry when the delays that hit nearly every company happens
umad

>whining how you deserve compensation
I've not demanded anything, I've said they -should- if they want to appease a chunk of their upset customers. Not only that, but I will more than likely not buy any future releases anyway since my toy interests are very limited, meaning it doesn't effect me one way or another.

>for something you did not actually buy.
That is an iffy gray area and could lead to a class action lawsuit, but again, I'm not arguing delay or "never going to get it", so I don't know why you're even mentioning that.

>And your say is as limited as mine is for owning stock in Apple
once more- suggestion, not demand. I nor anyone here is speaking like they have any say

You are seriously potato quality here.
Thread posts: 342
Thread images: 65

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.