[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Armarauders Bellerophon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: Armarauders-Bellerophon-028.jpg (1MB, 1638x2048px) Image search: [Google]
Armarauders-Bellerophon-028.jpg
1MB, 1638x2048px
anyone have this guy?

is he worth it?
>>
>>6279666
>anyone have this guy?
ya

>is he worth it?

steep sale only. it's good but has sentinels 'fuck the consumer' pricing
>>
He's fuck huge, heavy as hell, has poseability out the ass, comes with a shitload of accessories and has a really nice stand.

He's also fucking pricey. If you like messing around with your toys a lot, I think he's worth it just for the hand feel and all the shit you can do with him. If you mostly just display your stuff and leave it alone, well, you could probably use that money elsewhere.
>>
>>6280751
That's what I don't get about Sentinel, they seem like this large enough company yet they charge as if they're a smaller manufacturer.

I could be totally wrong though. Maybe they actually are that small and they have high prices to cover license costs.
>>
>>6282938
They're definitely a small company.
>>
>>6282938
Aside from being small, they pretty clearly put a lot of money into it. The box alone had to cost them quite a bit considering how much printing and materials went into it. It also comes with a lot more parts and material than most things around the same price.
>>
>>6282990
>>6282970
Their pricing still isn't consumer friendly. there are tons of small companies who don't charge a premium for good stuff
>>
>>6282938
>they charge as if they're a smaller manufacturer
You don't charge more because you're a small company, you charge more when your product is made for a smaller niche which is what most of their products are made for.
>>
>>6283456
>You don't charge more because you're a small company
This is incorrect. When you're a big company you can afford bigger runs, which offers a better return on your investments (such as tooling molds, which is ridiculously expensive). Small runs are less cost-effective, making each unit technically cost more to manufacture. Like, yes, niche market products can factor into high priced toys too, but small runs are the main reason why small companies need to charge more for their products.
>>
>>6283470
i really don't think this applies to sentinel who have their stuff in a ton of stores in japan and internationally. you're acting like they're making some hipster kickstarter figures when they are in fact a huge company full of greedy execs who want to charge $300 for 7" figures
>>
I hardly doubt that Sentinel is a small company, given that they seem to have their paws nearly everywhere these days and feature way too good engineering and overall figure quality.
And seriously, the most obscure franchise they have is Govarian and that one might as well be cancelled since we haven't seen anything of it in months.

A small company would be something like Evolution Toys which does almost nothing but mecha franchises that other companies wouldn't touch with a ten feet pole, produces figures with engineering that is decades behind the competition and more QC-issues than you can shake a stick at and sells them for ridiculous prices that make Sentinel look normal.
>>
You know instead of all this bullshit speculation you could have just gone to their website.

And yes, they are a small company. They have only ten staff with a 3 1/2 million yen capital (approx $35,000)
>>
>>6283479
You don't understand what "small" means here. What you're referring to, "hipster kickstarter figures," don't even register on the fucking chart. They're ants. They're minuscule. Sentinel is small. Like most toy companies in Japan. For a comparison from the other end, a "large" toy company would be something like Bandai. Bandai is a legit huge monolithic corporation with international divisions, shitloads of licenses, and their hands in dozens of toylines at once. Even a company like Kaiyodo, which has been around since the 60s, has quite a lot of toylines under their belt, and manages multiple different types of products at once (gashapon, statues, poseable figures, etc) only has a meager 41 employees. Sentinel doesn't have nearly that many and hasn't even been around for a decade yet.

tl;dr: face it, Sentinel is tiny. They've made some impressive moves in their short lifespan, but they are still a very small company. Them "having their stuff in a ton of stores" doesn't change that.
>>
>>6283470
You're wrong. We're talking about high end toys which always have small runs.
>>
>>6283482
>I hardly doubt that Sentinel is a small company, given that they seem to have their paws nearly everywhere these days and feature way too good engineering and overall figure quality.
This is a bad justification to make based on flawed logic (and also happens to be wrong). As has already been proven in posts above, Sentinel is really small. They are a success story of what can happen when:

A. You have an amazing engineering team, and
B. You gamble big and win.

Sentinel swung for the fences basically, hoping that people would be willing to pay high prices for small-run figures with wonderful engineering. It's a really big chance to take as a new startup company, cause if you fail, you're going to lose a TON of money on those expensive figures. Luckily for them, people loved their shit, and it's why they're doing quite well these days.
>>
>>6283491
Meant "runs that are small enough for production costs to stay relatively the same".

Going to sleep.
>>
>>6283491
They don't though. For example, the run of an average SHF is going to be much higher than an average Sentinel release, because Bandai has the deep pockets to finance the initial run, the financial safety to recover if the figure fails, many international distribution channels, and of course, their name and reputation to carry them, which is substantially larger than Sentinel's. You're trying to make broad blanket statements, when the truth is different toy companies operate at vastly different levels within the "high end toy" sandbox.
>>
>>6283497
The fact you're comparing SHF to STN releases proves that you have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>6283519
if you'd like to enlighten me beyond making an empty statement with no clarification whatsoever, I'll be over here waiting patiently.
>>
>>6283526
SHF is mainstream.
STN stuff isn't.
>>
>>6283543
.....did you lose the point of the conversation somewhere along the way, anon? I understand that they are not on the same level. I was comparing them simply because they both produce high end toys, which is what the previous poster was talking about when they (or you) erroneously claimed that all high-end toys are small-run.

Anyway, we're arguing over minutiae now. The original point (that Sentinel is a small operation) has been proven, they have ten employees. It's also basic economics that large scale production saves you money versus small, and if you wanna argue that one, well, I'm out, and I suggest you read up on the topic a bit. At least as far as I'm concerned, I don't think there's really anything further to discuss.
>>
>>6283558
>compares S.H.Figuarts to niche Sentinel-like products
>not all high end toys have small runs
>S.H.Figuarts are high end toys
>I suggest you read up on the topic a bit
Kettle : the post.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.