[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 11

what went wrong?
>>
Stickers + weird feet. Good otherwise.
>>
File: G1_Broadside_toy.jpg (71KB, 500x463px) Image search: [Google]
G1_Broadside_toy.jpg
71KB, 500x463px
Nothing - except maybe losing the ax. He is the beautifully stupid testament to '80s giant robot design he's always been. His jet is an incoherent brick because FUCK YOU, THAT'S WHY, HE DON'T GOTTA EXPLAIN SHIT.
>>
Paintwork's pretty bad too from all the pieces i've seen in-package.
>>
There's always the fansproject version.
>>
I think I'll wait for the TakaraTomy's version coming out in 2020.
>>
forced headmaster gimmick
shitty jet mode
cheap stickers
>>
STICKERS!!!!
>>
I'm just gonna wait for the gookchink OS bootleg.
>>
I'm just going to wait for TidalWave.
>>
The stickers are absolute trash. They don't fit on the surfaces they're intended for, and they start peeling no matter how much you press them down. Same goes for Laser Rod OP in the Velocitron giftset.

It might not have been so bad if they just included the sheet with the figures, but instead Hasbro is actually paying people to slap these on, because apparently it's cheaper than stamping on tampographs.
>>
>>6277985
I kind of agree with this, he's as good as we could get out of a voyager Broadside. A leader would've been nicer (for him and Tidalwave) but overall he looks like fun. But the lack of an axe is downright criminal, especially since they could have turned his terrible seatgun into an axe gun with no problem.
>>
It was remolded from a shitty mold so it came alright but not great. Kind of a miracle considering how hideous Alpha Trion is.
>>
>>6278078
is that real product or digibash
>>
>>6278141
It's going to be in the bbts box set along with ginrai, metalhead, pounce and thunderwing headmaster.
>>
File: hulses_internally.jpg (21KB, 345x348px) Image search: [Google]
hulses_internally.jpg
21KB, 345x348px
>>6278078
>>6278148
>BBTS exclusive
>tfw absolute assrape in shipping and taxes
Being a non-american tf-fan is suffering.
>>
>>6278158
It's probably still cheaper to buy the bbts set, whenever that comes out, than buy takara God ginrai alone.

Tidal wave is just the icing on the cake.
>>
>>6278078
Just get Armada Tidalwave...
>>
>>6278162
Seconding this. TR Tidal Wave is just another non-update that misses the point, like CW Armada Megs. If the Broadside mold was at least Leader Class and the remold had turrets that plugged on like that one guy's Shapeways kit, he'd be alright, but instead he's a dwarf compared to the original and lacks all of its "this is Tidal Wave" traits.
>>
>>6278166
>CW Armada Megs

I still think the mold was made FOR Armada Megatron and repurposed for G1-ish.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-04-13-08-31-21.png (715KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-04-13-08-31-21.png
715KB, 1440x2560px
>>
>>6278320
Still not worth it.
>>
Broadside is always garbage, original design and characterization wise.

outside of the stickers, the new figure is objectively the best thing to happen to Broadside.
>>
File: Megazarak.jpg (47KB, 300x431px) Image search: [Google]
Megazarak.jpg
47KB, 300x431px
>>6278305

Except it's not, if it was, it would have much larger shoulders.

the Armada retool was a afterthought, it shows.

it also sucks they never repainted him as Megazarak.
>>
>>6277959
See, the thing is, I'm actually sort of in love with the aircraft carrier mode. I love the shape, I love the shiny decals, I just....love this mode. I also think his robot mode is very attractive, and love the headsculpt. So basically, if I ignore the existence of that hideous jet mode entirely, is he an alright figure? Or will I still be disappointed somehow?
>>
>>6278320
Where are you seeing this price? In fact, heck, I don't see Broadside on the TRU site at all. Are you in the US?
>>
>>6277959
>Tons of globby paint on translucent or red plastic that fucks with tolerances
>Face paint is terrible
>Awful badly-placed pre-applied Stickers
>Placed over sculpted detail just to make it that much more likely to fall off
>Stock jet mode sucks
>Fan modes don't lock or need parts forming for the leg fins
>No axe
>Ugly Boat gun
>No wrists
>Made worse by the fact that the pretool had a gun and melee weapon and better articulation

Really it's shocking how much better Alpha Trion is. I can only hope he gets some of that legends retooling like Rodiumus or Kup. Might even keep the faceplate since he had it in the show.
>>
>>6278364
US
>>
File: 32013233913_11d1f05f2f_b.jpg (159KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
32013233913_11d1f05f2f_b.jpg
159KB, 1024x768px
>>6278360
Just switch the fins around and fanmode it, hes pretty decent, way better than the 3rd party option with its makeshift altmodes.
>>
File: alpha trion concept art.jpg (107KB, 752x960px) Image search: [Google]
alpha trion concept art.jpg
107KB, 752x960px
>>6277986
It is the hasbro version, qc on those has a lower standard than takara's.
Mind you takara themselves are not perfect...

>>6278015
More like 2018, late 2018

>>6278021
>muh forced gimmick
Is it that bad to have your childhood ruined by the extra step of pulling the head off for transformations?
>shitty jet mode
Not much of an excuse although 3rd modes are usually shit, only the fan mode can resolve it
>cheap stickers
Using stickers at all on a modern 2017 toy is bullshit anon

>>6278064
Gonna be waiting longer than the takara version buddy

>>6278078
>getting a cheap ass head only retool
You fool, just get the armada one

>>6278086
Including the stickers would of been a good idea, problem is why at all?
My guess with the stickers is g1 nostalgia, they are aware some customers are happier when they're pre-applied (like I was with sdcc fortress maximus...WAS, keyword, I was the fool) and the metallic chrome effects you simply cannot do with a tampo print, usually flat details only.
I await to see what takara does especially with octane, for all I know its supposed unpaintable plastic syndrome

>>6278135
The mold was actually purpose made for alpha trion, it was tweaked for engineering purposes with its skeleton reused for this retool, I would suspect the proportions were made to make one seem cooler (a3) and perhaps more appropriate (BS) though inaccurate to everything to those which came before, but they're kids toys, who cares what us adults think (as hasbro would say).

>>6278353
I'm with you on this, they gave a cool concept a good go

>>6278360
Only disappointment is knowing in the back of your mind is you aren't using him 100%, much like my tr galvatron and his 3rd mode
>>
>>6278403
>Is it that bad to have your childhood ruined by the extra step of pulling the head off for transformations?

Yes. I don't want partsforming.

Also fuck off Autovolt.
>>
File: IMG_20170406_192220938-1024x1820.jpg (284KB, 1024x1820px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170406_192220938-1024x1820.jpg
284KB, 1024x1820px
He's a better glorified coffee table than TR Ravage. His jet mode is pretty bad even if you opt for fan moding and the hips are a bit on the loose side.

I like ship mode and robot mode for the most part.
>>
>>6278436
Yeah the headmaster aspect sucks.

Someone already figured out how to deheadmaster Broadside thankfully.
>>
>>6277959
Not a Leader.
>>
>>6278519
>deheadmaster

Good job ruining your toy, I guess
>>
>>6278467
l-lewd!
>>
>>6278364
I'm in US and just checked the site. The price is accurate but it's sold out so it's meaningless.
>>
>>6278617
>dumping retarded gimmick that was retarded in 1987 and is retarded now
>ruining
>>
>>6278148
I was planning on getting that set completely oblivious to the fact it has that Tidal Wave. I have the original Armada TW, and outside his lack of knees, he's a fantastic toy so if/when I do grab the set (mainly for Ginrai, but Pounce and Metalhawk are also nice) I'll probably try to sell of the TR Tidalwave. The funny part is, the Titan master bots would probably work really well with the original Tidal Wave toy.

>>6278436
>Yes. I don't want partsforming.

I've never been a fan of Partsforming and have no nostalgic connection to headmasters at all, but once I started getting these TR guys in hands, I felt they were actually a lot of fun. Especially with how the bigger guys can turn into playsets and bases for the headmasters to run around on. As long as there's a spot in their alt mode for the head/pilot to go, I can't even consider it partsforming. It's a transformation with accessory storage,

My only real complaint is that they cheaped out on the actual headmasters by not giving them one simple extra transformation joint that would hide the faces while in bot mode. All it would've taken is for the brow of the head to just slide down slightly and it would've been perfect. Maybe some of em could've had a bit more interesting way of hiding the face, but something would have been better then literally nothing at all.
>>
>>6278078
if that's really what he's going to look like then I'm massively underwhelmed, should have gone with the Toy colorscheme over the Show one, much more unique
>>
>>6277959
>Ugly plane mode
>No Thigh Swivel
>Translucent blue weapon
>>
Sucks to read all this bad stuff about Broadside; he's one of the few Titan Returns figures I wanted (I think the Marvel Transformers G2 comic was pretty cool).

Ah well, I'll get him on sale/clearance/from the BST thread later.
>>
>>6279553
the robot and carrier modes are pretty much on point

the jet mode is comically bad, and i can't believe someone actually approved it for release
>>
Stickers and half assed jet mode, also no axe
>>
>>6277982
And a god awful jet mode.
>>
>>6277959
Everything
>>
>>6277959

> Shitty Jet
> Shitty Stickers
> Wierd articulation (forgivable)
> Doesn't hold together worth a crap in any mode
> Landing Gears for Aircraft Carrier fold up on themselves constantly
> Back heavy as fuck and can barely balance upright.
>>
>>6279276
>I felt they were actually a lot of fun

I find them pointless except on the characters that actually started as headmasters to begin with.

>omg you can partsform this head into a little dinky robot with no paint that can store in another compartment of the toy that you often can't even see!

It's just partsforming but somehow marketed as a feature. Doublecross is probably the biggest offender of this. It's literally just a head put into a nearly opaque compartment in his chest. And then you have figures like Slugslinger where they COULD have made the feature fun by taking advantage of the two cockpits but nope, they just make another shitty fake cockpit you just store the figure in instead.
>>
>>6279872
Slugslinger disappointed me with the fake cocks.
>>
File: archer.jpg (15KB, 200x255px) Image search: [Google]
archer.jpg
15KB, 200x255px
>>6277959
He didn't design it.
>>
>>6278403
Autovolt, is that you? Why did you disappear from TFW?
>>
>>6279872
>I find them pointless except on the characters that actually started as headmasters to begin with.

It was even more pointless on the original Headmasters. At least with the Titan's Return line, the gimmick has a lot more play value. If all the Titan Masters did was form simple heads, it would be just as stupid as the original ones, but now each robot has a ton of ways to use the Headmaster robots as actual toys and not just accessories.

>Doublecross is probably the biggest offender of this.

Twinferno is probably one the best ones because his Titan Master can actually ride on the beast modes' back. Sure you can store the head in the chest, but that's boring. Why use a simple cockpit, when you can have one robot riding on the back of a freaking two headed Dragon!

Yea is sucks Slugslinger has fake cockpits, but that's ignoring pretty much *every* other figure in the line with working cockpits. Overall, the TR stuff has been pretty fun. One understandably poor decision doesn't ruin the majority of really cool figures.
>>
>>6280166
He sounds nothing like Autovolt. Learn to boogeyman properly.
>>
I got him, I like him.

Going to carve a hole in the cockpit hatch to remove the headmaster bullshit, remove the stickers and replace them with the inevitable reprolabels, or just not bother.

The fanmode makes the jet mode bearable and I can deal with the fins on the legs, overall I really like it, a lot better than Alpha Trion.
>>
>>6277985
Sandstorm was easily the best of the three Autobot triple changers.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.