[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MOTU Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 15

File: SSVN10059.jpg (40KB, 752x564px) Image search: [Google]
SSVN10059.jpg
40KB, 752x564px
Do you have the power /toy/?
>>
File: 1260506032599.jpg (16KB, 212x154px) Image search: [Google]
1260506032599.jpg
16KB, 212x154px
One Day I will have the Power of Grayskull He-Man! I SWEAR IT! NYEEH!
>>
>>6277428
That ain't Figuarts level of articulation, me bucko
>>
>>6277428
This is the Super7 one, right? Are those the same legs as the Mattel one? I don't own it, but I also don't recall Mattel He-Man skipping leg day.
>>
File: 1465716589787.jpg (72KB, 500x460px) Image search: [Google]
1465716589787.jpg
72KB, 500x460px
>>6277500 I think it is just the angle of the leg in the picture. No reason for them to redo the legs on the figures, right?
>>
File: SSVN10061.jpg (57KB, 752x564px) Image search: [Google]
SSVN10061.jpg
57KB, 752x564px
>>
snake mountain or bust
>>
>>6277428
I have 80 MOTUC, so yeah.
>>
>>6277428
How's the articulation on these? I can see the joints, but not how well they work. Can he even grab the sword 2-handed?
>>
>>6277782
>Can he even grab the sword 2-handed
Yes and sorta no. The shoulders give almost as much range of inward motion as a butterfly joint (when not obstructed by armor overlays) but the handle of the Sword of He is not long enough to accommodate both hands grabbing it without over-stretching the thumb a little. But it definitely can be done. Looks really cool in a dramatic over-the-head double handed pose, and the sword can be brought into a Conan pose with both hands on it.

Other than that, you get 90 degree single jointed knee and elbow flex, decent forward motion for the hips considering that there's a rubber overlay, and just swivels in the wrists, plus all the other usual modern figure points of articulation. The ankles are the old style T-posts, so they get lateral movement but not true pivots. It's better on the older ones than the recent ones, which honestly may as well not even have them.

Watch a MOTU Classics review to get an idea of what to expect
>>
>>6277428
I'm slowly building up my Evil Warriors. I just need Tri-Klops and Beast Man. I also have Castle Grayskull but I still need to pick up a Sorceress. The play-set feels useless without her. It's just a shame that so many of the older figures are fetching in the $80-100+ range.
>>
File: IMG_6503.jpg (145KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6503.jpg
145KB, 1200x900px
>>6277782
>>6277801
Figured I'd take a pic to demonstrate, just because.

>>6277825
The bigger shame is that Super7's attempt is going to go down the toilet before the Ultimates line can get the newcomers the top tier figures that they need for cheap(ish). If only they weren't making so many missteps, but it shows how much they don't understand about distancing themselves from Matty's practices.
>>
>>6277828
They really should commit to Ultimates. It's difficult to get into a line when you can't get any of the core characters at an affordable price. Sorceress is badly needed as a re-issue as is Shadow Weaver and the troop builder figures like Horde Trooper and Snake Man or even the recent Skelcon.

I hope they make Snake Mountain before the line ends. It's all I really care about with the line at this point.
>>
>>6277828
Something like that is the exact pose I had in mind. Thanks anon! Now hopefully I can get these 2 at an affordable price.
>>
>>6277846
I don't think they'll take Ultimates very far, even if there is strong consumer backing. They've talked about how fucked up the existing molds are, and that has to be a costly undertaking to bring them back to life or even redo them entirely. Stack that up enough and the line seems less and less appealing from a business stand point. It was supposed to be a smooth run, all molds already made, the paint masters already tweaked and up to snuff, and yet now they're potentially sinking thousands of extra unplanned dollars into it.

I agree with the army builders being priority because they'd more than earn their money back on those. I foresee them not doing Sorceress as an Ultimate and settling for a Filmation one. Which I would not be opposed to, since the wing systems on both standard and ToD Sorceress are ass and should be redone entirely. I just hope it's more Filmation Teela than Filmation Evil-Lyn.
>>
I had a ton of He-Man toys when I was little, bunch of the figs, Battle Cat and Skeletor's purple cat, Greyskull, the Slime Pit thing (which my mom regretted getting me cause i got that slime everywhere) and I have no idea what happened to all of it.
>>
>>6277876
A Filmation Sorceress would be nice, but I'd be worried they'd screw up the paint like with many of the other figures. The sloppy paint work has really turned me off from buying them. I also kinda wish they would try more to make the Filmation figures fit in bit better with the existing figures.

I would also like to see more New Adventures and 200X figures
>>
>>6277889
Your parents probably just gave them away.
>one day coming home from school
>huge box in middle of my room
>wtf mom?.jpg
>oh, remember those older cousins you met like two times in your life?
>they decided they're not kids anymore and gave you all their toys
>seems like they were really into playmobile
>tons of playmobile stuff, mostly western themed, carriges, horses
>few MOTU figures amazingly ones I don't have
>bottom of the box contains mother fing SNAKE MOUNTAIN!
>best day ever!
>cousins later asked if I liked the "cave with the snake"?
>>
File: 20170413_044718.png (442KB, 1439x1770px) Image search: [Google]
20170413_044718.png
442KB, 1439x1770px
Got myself two anti-He-mans!
It's like Big Lots all over again, at 3 times the cost.
>>
>>6278143
>Not Available
You must have gotten the last two.
>>
>>6278143
Are you fucking kidding me?
>>
>>6277428
>Thundarr ripoff

I'll pass.
>>
File: IMG_2153.jpg (76KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2153.jpg
76KB, 600x800px
>>6277846
Single-carded Horde Troopers have started showing up on eBay but nobody knows where they're coming from. It looks like Mattel did a production run, or at least started to, but never released them. That may be why Super7 is hesitant.
>>
>>6278858
The single carded trooper was supposed to come out at the end of the line before Super7 took over. It never came out after that despite that it was stated to be on the way. These were probably carded from the end there, but never saw a release.
>>
>>6277828
>The bigger shame is that Super7's attempt is going to go down the toilet before the Ultimates line can get the newcomers the top tier figures that they need for cheap(ish). If only they weren't making so many missteps, but it shows how much they don't understand about distancing themselves from Matty's practices.

As an international fan, it hurts me in the dick that Super 7 take over, talk big about how it's going to become a fan-driven line with none of the old mistakes and then they make international shipping much more expensive than even Matty's.

Jesus fuck.
>>
>>6278888
Not to mention
>We won't be doing subs
followed by
>These figures are now all or nothing
These guys are either inept or assholes.
>>
>>6278858
Think it's possible there could be another Big Lots dump, or are we well past that?
>>
>>6278888
>>6279099
could be that Mattel is sticking a bunch of restrictions and requirements on them, wouldn't be the first time that sort of thing has screwed over a licensed line
>>
>>6279154
Who knows. This time they've shuffled old product into a fairly large company with Gamestop, so the game is a lot different. The question is if they'll keep it all online or if we'll start to see them in stores.
>>
File: 20170413_232438_resized.jpg (256KB, 962x916px) Image search: [Google]
20170413_232438_resized.jpg
256KB, 962x916px
>>6279235
They have been found in stores.
>>
File: 62440366.jpg (30KB, 596x424px) Image search: [Google]
62440366.jpg
30KB, 596x424px
>>6279099
>either inept or assholes
>>
WHY CAN'T THEY JUST REMAKE THE CORE CLASSICS AS RETAIL FIGURES AT A DECENT PRICE

WHY THIS INSISTENCE ON ONLINE HORSESHITTERY

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>6279584
How about neither?
Super7 is completely capable of doing things and they are easily the most bro-tier toy company.
>>
File: vintagemotu_bat_full.jpg (897KB, 1500x853px) Image search: [Google]
vintagemotu_bat_full.jpg
897KB, 1500x853px
>>6279099
If it weren't "all or nothing", some figures wouldn't get made at all, while others might cost more to produce.

I do hope that they allow individual figure purchases once the set is in your. Or better yet, have a sales goal on sets and then open up individual sales for everyone at that point.

Now having said that, why are the classic 5 inch figures going to be $25? They can't find a way to sell these at Walmart for $5 ea? At this price I'd hope for upgraded limbs, like get rid of the decaying rubber bands.
>>
>>6279736

The idea of making "retro" figures today with the articulation and sculpting of the 80s (or 90s) is inherently moronic.
>>
>>6279739
>The idea of making "retro" figures today with the articulation and sculpting of the 80s (or 90s) is inherently moronic.

Yeah, all throughout modern history (post-WW2), it's been a proven fact that once people hit their 30s and have more disposable income, they never ever spend it on overpriced garbage that reminds them of their childhood. No company has ever made money using this approach.
>>
>>6279739
Your posts are inherently moronic
>>
>>6279742

Those people are either Deep One tier and buy Classics or casual scum tier and buy shit like Funko POPS and plushies. These aren't sold in stores, so casuals won't even know they exist, and the Deep Ones are already hilt deep in the Classics stuff (especially the Filmation figures). so these serve no real purpose.
>>
>>6279497
GODFUCKINGDAMMIT
>>
>>6279736
>If it weren't "all or nothing", some figures wouldn't get made at all, while others might cost more to produce.
Yes, some figures wouldn't be made. And with good reason. If they suck, not a lot of people would want it.

Isn't that the modern outlook on preorders? Either it makes the cut, or the company cans it. That system works for the majority crowd, and the counterpoint that we'd only see well known characters is utter bullshit because a relatively new character like Fangor is going to be highly sought after.

So instead, Super7 is saying "yeah, we know these figures suck and couldn't exist on their own merits, so we're holding the good ones ransom even though we know that each one of the good ones can be made independently without an all-in approach."

I can't wait for them to tell me that the only way I can get an amazing looking character is if I also pay for a fucking Dree Elle because the most rabid 10% of the fanbase wants it.
>>
>>6279497
Called 3 stores and none have them in my area. If this is anything like the Big Lots sale, they won't arrive in my neck of the woods until like 2 months after it all began.
>>
>>6279736
honestly I'm surprised it's taken this long for a company to do new figures with the old style MOTU bodies, hopefully it'll catch on because it would certainly be more interesting than those figures using the crappy Kenner Star Wars style bodies
>>
>>6280198
They are finally to make a vintage style He Ro figure as well as Filmation inspired vintage figures
>>
>>6279235
>>6279497
What region have they been found in? With the Big Lots deal, I seem to remember the West Coast getting more robust assortments, as well as the giant figures. Central Texas Big Lots got the shaft, though I had seen Half Price Books picking up random Oreos and Sorceresses. I can't imagine my area GameStops will be rocking any of this when they're still trying to get rid of a ton of other "collectibles".
>>
Anti-Eternia He-Man sold out quickly the last time MattyCollector offered it, along with the subscription-only figures, but apparently they had enough to dump on a major retailer?

MattyCollector, absolute dicks to the very end.
>>
>>6280261
Arizona, and there's nothing. Big surprise, considering what a flyover state we are.

>>6280274
They probably got a good deal on volume, more profitable than having to do fulfillment on their own. And since they knew the shutters were closing on mattycollector, they probably thought that hard to find chase figures showing up at stores would boost interest.

It's like they're fucking with us from beyond the grave. I can only imagine those motherfucking pieces of shit having a grand old laugh while planning it all out, selecting AE He-Man figures from warehouse stock just to make sure it was a 30 second sell out online and that everyone would waste time calling every fucking Gamestop in their area.
>>
>>6280274
Could have been held over stock in case of damages and returns.
>>
File: BS1_m_OlmZN.jpg (690KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
BS1_m_OlmZN.jpg
690KB, 1080x1080px
Found @ Gamestop, not my pic.
>>
>>6280486
45 bucks looks like a pretty good deal for a 2 pack, how much are those jumbo 80's MOTU figures?
>>
>>6280426
They were closing their doors and stopped doing damages and returns immediately after.
>>
>>6279586
You think retail stores have any interest in MOTU figures?
>>
>>6280663
not in this season with summer action films rolling out. If this all happen closer to school starting they take huge interest for the holidays
>>
>>6280647
They might have just sold them when doors were closing to stores to empty out faster. Would have been a huge pain in the ass if something didn't sell fast enough or worse a fuck up occurs on the transaction. It's just easier to go "hey gamestop, want some toys?"
>>
File: Cephalodious_002.jpg (297KB, 857x792px) Image search: [Google]
Cephalodious_002.jpg
297KB, 857x792px
This looks like a pretty cool version of Mer man
>>
>>6280426
>>6280676
There's MOTU on Mattel's online store right this minute. Like... right now. They had no reason to give it to Gamestop other than some sort of financial gain. Which is just royally fucked up, because if they put it on Mattel's online store everyone would have a fair shot to get a AE He-Man with no guess work.
>>
>>6280687
>Mattel's online store everyone would have a fair shot to get a AE He-Man with no guess work.
wouldn't it just turn into scalpers swooping it all up?
>>
>>6280690
At least it would be in an online environment that would in part make access easier for everyone. You can check your phone from anywhere. With Gamestop you have a situation where they're unloading the merchandise from boxes while everyone else is working their day job. Only NEETs and scalpers are going to be able to put in the time to grab these from physical stores.
>>
>>6280700
>With Gamestop you have a situation where they're unloading the merchandise from boxes while everyone else is working their day job.
What are you talking about you can buy most of them online right now at Gamestop.com
It's how I got mine, it's how he got his >>6278143
Hell I saw one in store today.
>>
>>6280700
dude they just put up fresh listings an hour a go. It's sold out now but how is that any different from Matty?
>>
>>6280687
Companies rarely change methods and policies because a lot of people in the chain of command have a say in the matter.
So if they only had the damage/returns holdover backstock, it would go against their own nature to sell those without having holdover stock for THOSE sales too. So they shifted the stock to GS and let GS dictate their own policies regarding returns.
This has probably been happening a lot without us realizing it. This is just the first time it went to Gamestop. Could have been bbts, EE, ebay, Amazon, etc...and we never would have noticed.
>>
>>6280703
>>6280704
That's the problem, you dolts. It's sporadically spread across the country and not consolidated in one easy to find place. That means that stock that would have been available regardless of location if sold on the internet is now being sent to specific stores in select locations. Just because YOU saw one in person doesn't mean every Gamestop in the country will get it and everyone in every town will be able to waltz in and grab it. If it were all done online, even in release waves, it evens out the odds.

There's no argument against what I'm saying.
>>
>>6282044
But there literally was stock available online for nearly a week. I'm the person who first mentioned it above, days after I ordered. You're just out of the loop. Being a collector takes effort, constant feverish hunting with gusto.
>>
>>6280486
Don't really visit video game stores like Gamestop, but I might if they start to carry MOTUC merch.
>>
File: image.jpg (97KB, 410x543px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
97KB, 410x543px
>>6278143
That was a cool slightly frightening story inremember.
>>
>>6278143
Black figure is cheaper
>>racism
>>
You guys think it might be worth going to one of mattel's brick and mortar stores to find some, or any, motu stuff? They usually have jack shit.
>>
>>6283807
Mattel has brick and mortars? Weird.
I popped into several Gamestops today and only found one (in a really out of the way area) that had any MOTU stuff. The guy had:
1X 12" He-Man and 1X 12" Skeletor) ($75 each)
1X 2-pack Skeletor and He-Man (the ones that replicated the old twist-action figures with the big claws and bolo) ($45)
2X MOTU mini-fig 2-packs (didn't inquire on price)
Thundercats: 1 Panthro, 1 Jackalman ($34 each)
Watchmen: 1X Nite Owl (didn't inquire on price)

The guy running the store said he'd had tons of calls about He-man stuff yesterday, and when he quoted the prices, every single caller balked. I was there for 40th Anniversary Star Wars figures.
>>
File: images.jpg (10KB, 288x175px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
10KB, 288x175px
>>6284615
>Mattel has brick and mortars? Weird
Yeah, it is quite strange. There used to be somewhere around 10, but now there are only 4 stores operating these days.

The one I go to is in Texas near Dallas. I don't really find any good toys in the damaged toy box bin as much as I used to. Probably the niftiest thing I found was a red Hot Wheels RC Stealth Rides tank for about 16 dollars.
>>
>>6277617
I just bought pic related and he's a very fun toy!
What keeps random companies to start producing more figures like this? With crazy random monster guys? Simple vintage style? I'd buy all!
>>
File: F6085.jpg (30KB, 391x550px) Image search: [Google]
F6085.jpg
30KB, 391x550px
>>6285001
and the pic
>>
>>6285001
Guess they think he-man or these barbarian fighters are not wanted.

If they make cheap things, they want quick buck. So they go into the latest toyline.
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.