[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what is the best brand regarding Gundam? Price VS Quality?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: Gundam.jpg (246KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Gundam.jpg
246KB, 1920x1200px
what is the best brand regarding Gundam? Price VS Quality?
>>
>>6277142
There's only one brand, Bandai.

Best value these days is their Model Kits.
>>
File: wtf.gif (1MB, 380x214px) Image search: [Google]
wtf.gif
1MB, 380x214px
>>6277146
where is only one brand? Damn im stupid.
>>
File: mg_gmsniper2062.jpg (434KB, 900x894px) Image search: [Google]
mg_gmsniper2062.jpg
434KB, 900x894px
>>6277147
It's alright, fair mistake to make if you're new. Bandai owns the Gundam franchise pretty much. The license gets lent out to other companies to make licensed goods sometimes, but when it comes to toys and model kits, Bandai is pretty much the only one.

You pretty much have two main options:

1) Model kits (Gunpla). There is a HUGE selection here, in various price ranges, sizes, and complexities, and like the previous anon said, they're surprisingly cheap for what they are. Plus, the building itself is really fun. If you're interested, look for our Gunpla general thread and read up on it there.

2) Robot Damashii. These are about 6" tall prebuilt and painted action figures. These are good if you don't want to put any effort in, but they cost more and the selection is much smaller. They usually pose better than the kits.

There are other smaller options in between, but those are the two big choices.
>>
>>6277155
>prebuilt and painted action figures.
Always find this funny in regards to the Gundam fandom that something like this has to be pointed out.
>>
>>6277155
How worthwhile are the metal builds
>>
>>6277155
>There are other smaller options in between
You mean less selection like Chogokin or small size like FW Gundam Converge.
>>
>>6280584
You spend so much on them you end up worrying about getting any blemishes on them. The metal is only in the frame, and they're all heavily stylized redesigns. I can't recommend them unless you're a hardcore fan of a certain MS, since you can always find the cheaper alternative as a model kit.

I had the Mina and the Avalanche at one point. They come with stands which is nice, but posing them was a hassle since they're super heavy. Still have my 0 gundam, but it's at my mom's house.
>>
>>6277146
>Forgetting the chink bootleg plaguing the market

Oh anon, you silly boy.
>>
>>6280616
pretty sure the guy was asking for legitimate brands
>>
>>6280616
There is no plague. They're only released in China and you have to import them since there is no actual retailer that sells them in the NA or Europe
>>
>>6280584
Depends on how much you like the design, and if you can find it for original retail price (I wouldn't pay a penny over that).

I only have Exia and a KO 00 Seven Sword and I can say they're the pride of my collection.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.