[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best jap toys

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: FIGURE-013356.jpg (85KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
FIGURE-013356.jpg
85KB, 600x600px
>>
File: ops_002.jpg (192KB, 800x720px) Image search: [Google]
ops_002.jpg
192KB, 800x720px
>>
>>6275628
Really need to pick up the Winspector figures, hope they eventually get round to Jiban.
>>
File: Baragon.jpg (62KB, 1003x682px) Image search: [Google]
Baragon.jpg
62KB, 1003x682px
This Guy. Awesome toy.

Top Tier Cute Kaiju
>>
>>6275628
I don't know shit about most of the Metal Hero series outside of what was localized in the US, but goddamn do they all look cool. Like alternate universe Robocops.
>>
>>6275767
Gavan is the main inspiration for Robocop.
>>
>>6275748
100% agree. I think he's overlooked because he's a C-list kaiju, but the fig is fantastic and has great personality.
>>
>>6276060
And Jiban and Janperson are inspired by Robocop. Circle of life. Figuarts please, Robocop too why not.
>>
>>6275767
Is there any source for this other than Wikipedia? (which of course, there is no citation)

Cause seriously, this is starting to sound like that rumor I've seen go around on a couple Toku forums that George Lucas one day was in Japan (why? who knows!) and watched Kikaider in his hotel room, and Hakaider was the inspiration for Darth Vader
>>
>>6276205

More people need to own this figure. Despite how old it is, you can still get it fairly cheap on Amazon.

And the movie it comes from is pretty entertaining, although a bit nonsensical
>>
>>6276961
Y'know, one convenience of the modern world is that a lot of famous people are reachable via Twitter. You could just tweet Verhoeven and ask him if it's true or not, that would be the ultimate confirmation.
>>
>>6276961
Not direct, but in Flesh And Steel - The Making of Robocop, he mentions that they kept giving Rob Bottin input from Japanese comics and TV series to adjust the design of the Robocop suit. Ultimately all their input made it too bulky and pissed Bottin off to no end, so they settled on a sleeker in-between of the two designs.

ED-209 they reference reverse-knee-joint Japanese mecha as being the primary inspiration, so I'm guessing something like the Destroids from Macross.
>>
>>6276998
Interesting
>>
>>6276984
That...doesn't mean he would answer. Also, I'm pretty sure Verhoeven didn't design the Robocop suit himself, so he might not even know all the inspirations for the suit design
>>
>>6277077
Of course there's no guarantee of an answer, but it's worth a shot. Also, he might not even remember. But, unless I'm mistaken, that particular tidbit of trivia says it was Verhoeven himself who watched Gavan on TV during a trip to Japan.
>>
File: IMG_5442.jpg (1MB, 4096x2620px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5442.jpg
1MB, 4096x2620px
>>
>>6277085
Ok, now I need to try and ask him and see if that's true
>>
File: revo jehuty.jpg (55KB, 600x680px) Image search: [Google]
revo jehuty.jpg
55KB, 600x680px
Why don't you own a Jehuty?
>>
>>6277150
I did. I immediately bought the first release, cause hey, finally some ZOE toys! Didn't love the colors though, ZOE2 was my real shit. Then they came out with the ZOE2 model, so I sold my first one and bought that instead. It wasn't perfect, but I guess it's the best I could hope for.

By the time they finally released it in the proper colors I was fucking done. I just sold my old Jehuty and gave up. I wasn't about to buy this damn mold AGAIN, esepcially not at a high price with an accessory I wouldn't use (vector cannon is cool ingame, but I don't wanna display it that way).
>>
>>6277150
Well, I don't know anything about it...but seeing it now, I feel like I SHOULD own it regardless
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.