[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Toy hunting in NY

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 61Pe5T8te5L._SL1000_.jpg (87KB, 1000x737px) Image search: [Google]
61Pe5T8te5L._SL1000_.jpg
87KB, 1000x737px
In November im going to new york for a few days, what should i expect to find there.
Im hoping that shops there will stock stuff we cant get in the UK easily such as gundams and figmas.
>>
>>6271954
That's like half a year away, I don't think anyone has a time machine.
>>
>>6271954
>can't get easily the U.K.
>figma
>gundam
>>
>>6271954
If you want something japanese, just order online. Any physical store outside japan has extremely high markup prices just because they imported it. Stores in NY like kinokuniya are particularly bad and prey on young stupid weebs who havent learned what amiami and mandarake are yet.
>>
>>6271954
I don't know about their prices because I don't buy that much, but here are some retailers I know that carry some:
>Image Anime
>Barnes & Noble
>Midtown Comics
>Thinkgeek/Gamestop (Nintendo figma/nendo, gunplas)
>Nintendo NY (nintendo figmas/nendo only)

I'm sure there's some in Chinatown but watch out for bootlegs.
>>
New York is a horrible place to hunt because its always populated, all my stores are always dry. Midtown comics has a bunch of gundams though
>>
>>6271954
There's ToyTokyo in Manhattan, but you're probably better off searching online.
>>
>>6271954
Image Anime usually is pretty current with supply. They do have a bit of markup though (like any US based anime store). If you want to venture down to NJ GundamPlanet is based in north jersey.
>>
>>6271954
No one has mentioned Book Off yet, probably because they have crazy high markups on toys. Worth mentioning for the sake of mentioning. Good selection on used vidya though.

Image Anime is nice and the markup isn't too bad. They have a good stock of stuff and the owners are very nice.

Kinokuniya is alright. They mostly have newer stuff, but one time I found a Strength figma in there, so that was pretty cool.
>>
Image Anime is the only one I bother with, and even then it's only if I want something right away and don't want to deal with shipping. They have a markup obviously, but the convenience and the nice staff they have makes it worth it for me.
>>
>>6272248
Been there as a toursit. Kinda pricey store, but nice vintage stuff.
>>
Backing Image Anime. The staff are probably the most knowledgeable when it comes to imports and stuff and are REALLY great to talk to about giant robots. Markups are a little up there but think of it as like magic super fast shipping. They're a good experience.
>>
Live in NY.

ToyTokyo is neat, but basically a museum.

Kinokuniya Books has a huge top floor, but has big markups on stuff that's not hard to find.

BOOKOFF USA has a lot of used toys, quality varies, prices vary. If you don't mind digging through piles of shit, you can find some grails.

There are a few toy/collectibles shops in old Chinatown that have good stuff, if you can tell the legit shit from the bootlegs. Elizabeth St Mall has a gundam stall in it, but that whole mall is about a week away from bankruptcy at any given time, so they may or may not be there when you get here in 30 years.
>>
>>6274221

OH, there's also Midtown Comics, if you haven't had your fill of overpriced easy-to-find figma and pop funkos.

There are a few other places in Flushing, but I feel like a tourist probably doesn't want to spend half of a day commuting into Queens from Manhattan.
>>
>>6271954
i hear that there's a really big toys r us in times square. maybe you'll find some good stuff there
>>
>>6279560
It's gone
>>
>>6279560
Did you really have to bring the pain back by reminding me, fuck dude.
>>
>>6279560
That place is a fucking Gap now. Life is unfair.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.