[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stop Motion studio LAIKA to start new toy line

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 8

The makers of Coraline, Kubo and Paranorman will finally start selling toys of their licenses.

"Brad Wald, CFO of Laika, believes that his company's library of colorful characters and worlds are a perfect fit for Striker Entertainment and he hopes this new deal will lead to bigger and better things in the future."
https://moviepilot.com/p/laika-animation-studio-to-finally-sell-toys-based-on-their-movies/4239134
>>
>>6270701
id be interested but if they are statues i will boycott their movies
>>
Smart move
>>
it's about time Tim Burton got his own toyline, i loved his work in those moveies
>>
>>6270701
They better be super articulated and come with multiple face plates and articulated eyes or it'll be a hard pass for me.
>>
>>6270727
The most recognizable aspect with Laika is their fully poseable puppets. It's what enthusiasts love.
I am absolutely sure they have articulation in mind.
>>
File: 1470097556696.png (149KB, 480x354px) Image search: [Google]
1470097556696.png
149KB, 480x354px
>>6270736
>>
File: Quality.jpg (49KB, 500x753px) Image search: [Google]
Quality.jpg
49KB, 500x753px
>>6270701

""Striker is known for representing a host of household names including The Walking Dead, Preacher, The Hunger Games, The Twilight Saga, and Five Nights at Freddy’s""

So, McFarlane is getting the contract from Striker?
>>
>>6270796
wow man wtf is this aberration? who made that monster and how a human bean can think something made this way would work?
>>
>>6270701

Oh, good! i can finally hotglue Other Mother.

...and Coraline.

...and Norman's sister.

Shit, this is going to get expensive.
>>
After a google it looks like their "toys" are mainly statueshit with a few knock off barbie dolls for Twilight.
They also do crap modern "arcade" games, you know, the ones that are just oversized phone games, and various sweets.
>>
>>6270829
You are probably seeing their puppets, which have wire skeletons and silicone skins to move, no actual articulation pivots.
>>
File: IMG_3467.jpg (696KB, 1111x1588px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3467.jpg
696KB, 1111x1588px
>>6270736
Look I know this is an ah ha funny joke but Tim burton is redpilled as fuck in regards to toys

I mean he's got a Hot Toys figure!

Yeah I know wow so impressive he knows Hot Toys! But see the thing is a lot of licenses go to shit like NECA or Funko so umm yeah I think he's pretty redpilled on Toys I mean holy shit
>>
>>6270796
See I don't get this why are they so stupid fucking sell to Goodsmile, Bandai, Kaiyodo, you know good companies!

How can industry leaders be so ignorant to toys?
>>
File: StrikerEureka_PacRim_Sideshow.jpg (76KB, 480x705px) Image search: [Google]
StrikerEureka_PacRim_Sideshow.jpg
76KB, 480x705px
>>6270906
No, I mean statues.
>>
>>6271391
Oh, you mean Striker's.
>>
File: coraline.jpg (8KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
coraline.jpg
8KB, 320x240px
>>6270701
post your yfw face when it's Neca
>>
File: coraline.jpg (261KB, 280x3928px) Image search: [Google]
coraline.jpg
261KB, 280x3928px
>>6270701
>>
>>6271010
Goodsmile? Nah They wouldn't get all that detail. Neca did a good job the first time. They should do it
>>
File: review_coraline_1.jpg (137KB, 800x770px) Image search: [Google]
review_coraline_1.jpg
137KB, 800x770px
These, just with actual joints. Bendy stuff always gets fucked up with time.
>>
>>6280311
If they work directly with them they can provide all their sculpts for molding already, it could be great.
>>
>>6280311
I've got the raincoat Coraline, she hasn't fucked up on me. Granted, I don't move her much.
>>
>>6280301
Enjoy your stuck joints, gummy plastic, shitty paint apps and horrendous articulation.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.