[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/ttl/- Toys to Life General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 303
Thread images: 54

File: 1463177842191.png (659KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1463177842191.png
659KB, 1600x900px
Wow we made it for two months!
Come here to talk about all your favorite Toys to Life stuff; Skylanders, Amiibo, Disney Infinity, Lego Dimensions and whatever third party stuff from companies jumping on the money train.

Please remember to take actual game discussion to >>>/v/ where you'll likely get trolled and not find anything of interest. Please take your trolling to >>>/b/ where I'm sure no one will care about your shit opinion.

>Pastebinned Info
http://pastebin.com/KEq5q6gM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Upcoming Releases Calendar:

Skylanders:
>Actvision will NOT release a new Skylanders game in 2017. However they will continue to roll out some new updates for Imaginators including a some new Adventure Sets and maybe new characters? Currently, the Easter variants are rolling out to stores.

Amiibo:
>Breath of the Wild amiibos launched in March; Link w/Crossbow, Link on Epona, Zelda, Bokoblin, and Guardian
>Fire Emblem Echos will get a amiibo double pack featuring Alm and Celica
>Corrin Amiibo is said to work in Fire Emblem Echos; apparently there's data for two which indicate there will be both a Male and Female Corrin released.

Dimensions:
>May 9th will see the release of Sloth (The Goonies) Level Pack, Chase McCain (Lego City Undercover) and Hermione (Harry Potter) Fun Packs.
>TBA: Beast Boy + Raven/Starfire (Teen Titans GO!) and Blossom + Bubbles (Powerpuff Girls) Team Pack; Lord Vortech, Starfire/Raven, Rowan North/Kevin Beckham (Ghostbusters 2016) and Buttercup Fun Packs
>Also TBA: A Beetlejuice something and some sort of polybag set.
>Past these releases its not clear what Lego plans to do with the franchise.

Infinity:
>RIP in Piss
We could have been great.
>>
Anyone know what to do about that glitch in Lego Dimensions (PS4 version) where you just can't upgrade vehicles to their different forms, since gold bricks don't appear in the menu anymore? Me and my friend both noticed this issue after we updated the games, trying to take advantage of the newest Best Buy/Gamestop half off sales.
We tried installing and reinstalling all updates. No dice.
>>
>>6270171
>Beast Boy + Raven/Starfire
Are Raven and Starfire one character or something?
>>
>>6270171
>there's data for two which indicate there will be both a Male and Female Corrin released.

So, bros. Will we get Fem Robin too? What about male wii fit trainer, or Fem Villager. Or Koopalings?
>>
GUYS.

The Shovel Knight amiibo can be scanned without opening the box.

The Nintendo Switch is completely portable and amiibo compatible.

This means you can walk into your local game store, find a Shovel Knight amiibo, and scan it without buying it. You'd probably get arrested, but still.
>>
If the Switch version of Imaginators has a digital library, characters only need to be scanned in once to be selectable, correct?

So, in theory, one can just go to a store and scan the figures on the shelves to make them playable?
>>
>>6270171
>using the same op pic for every thread
its like /ttl/ is just made out of obligation
>>
>>6272569
considering how slow this thread usually goes, there really isn't much reason to get a new OP pic every single time.
>>
TRU has 3-for-$20 on amiibos this week.
>>
>>6272256
>get arrested
Honestly, I want to go to jail for this. I want to sit there and explain to someone why I'm in the slammer.
>>
>>6271787
Starting to think I'm one of the only two people with Dimensions on PS4.
>>
>>6273109
Three people. I initially got it for the Wii U, but after seeing exactly how buggy it was, I bought the PS4's disk off ebay for cheap.
>>
>>6273141
Oh, I has assumed each version needed its own portal.
Is the Wii U version even buggier? The PS4 one already has enough bugs when updating.
>>
>>6273227
At the Wii U's quality, they might as well have ported it to PS2.
>>
Which 3DS Skylanders is the most worth checking out? I might as well start strong on the portable ones.
>>
>>6273265
Swap Force I'd say. Its story is canon and kinda joins up with Superchargers. The first two have the really annoying limitation of only having two Skylanders at one time, but Swap Force onwards stores them in a library.
Trap Team is fine, but half the levels are Villain centric and none of the memorable Villans from the console are there. They're all just generic baddies with retarded names.

Superchargers Racing is utter shit.
>>
>>6270171
I don't browse this general but I've always liked your OP pic and I hope you keep it until the threads die for good
>>
>>6273313
Good to know. Think I'll grab Trap Team and Swap Force first.
>>6273407
Looking like it will be sooner than later based on how the big games are slowing down.
>>
File: C8SpJQpXoAAr6L6.png (324KB, 730x366px) Image search: [Google]
C8SpJQpXoAAr6L6.png
324KB, 730x366px
When will this bullshit end?
>>
>>6272256
Does Shovel not have one of those tags in there? I thought it did. Hmm.

>>6272443
Technically speaking yeah, but I dunno if the game requires you to scan again to save data or not.

>>6272569
I keep forgetting to make a new one and that's all I have on my laptop.

>>6274368
I need them
>>
>>6274368
>>6274538
good fucking luck. Apparently they're 'one of a kind'.
>>
>>6274538
I mean it says all the figures are stored on the system. Soon as they're scanned, they probably won't need to be used again.

>>6273425
If anything the general will just slow down further. Even if the big games die (which is less than likely, skylanders knows where its audience is and amiibo is still going strong) there will always be ebay and stuff like that.
>>
I am still pissed that Infinity is dead
>>
>>6275921
Every now and again I see a Disney owned Character and I get sad knowing they could have been but now never will.
>>
>>6276056
>>6275921
it's their own fault for making a shit game
>you cant use everyone in everything
>movesets are pretty much the same for everyone
>Toy box still feels lifeless and empty no matter how much you add
>>
>>6276143
all problems they were fixing with 4.0
>>
>>6276155
too late
>>
>>6275921
>>6276056
>no Goofy
>no Peter Pan
>no Doctor Strange
>no Spider Gwen
>no Maoi/Moana
>no Hera
>no Captain Phasma
>No Grievous
>no Baze/Chirrut/K2S0/Jyn
>no Nebula/Mantis/Baby Groot
>no Actually playable Buzz/Lightning/Elsa/Jack/Vader/Hulkbuster/Hulk
>no Belle/Beast
>no Scarlet Witch/Quicksliver
>no Clu
>no Thanos
>no Sora
>no Captain EO
>no Darkwing Duck
>no Mabel
>no Kim Possible

It still fuckin hurts man
>>
>>6276247
>>no Goofy
a shove character that throws things
>>no Peter Pan
a melee character that throws things
>>no Doctor Strange
a melee character that shoots something
>>no Spider Gwen
>>no Maoi/Moana
a melee character that throws things
>>no Hera
>>no Captain Phasma
>>No Grie
ah you know the drill
>>
>>6276326
Like, I get this argument, but it's not really a very good one. Yeah, if you break it down to the absolute basics, they all play pretty similarly. But you have quick melee DPS, slow tanks, grapplers, and more, with upgrade trees so you can improve their stats as you see fit. So, with the exception of everything from 1.0 and some Disney Originals from 2.0, they do play way more differently than the
>another ___ character that ___ a thing
meme that you all keep spouting.

Ignoring all that, there's no law that says every figure has to play entirely uniquely anyway, just like the game doesn't reasonably expect you to go out and collect every figure and power disc they churned out. I'd like the variety of choice of the avatar I'm playing as. And I will never not be sad at the amount of missed potential there was to be had there.
>>
>>6276400
>there's no law that says every figure has to play entirely uniquely anyway,
then there was not enough incentive to buy more characters to support the series. it wasnt just the lack of cross-compatibility, it was the basic lack of variety and in-game incentive that required the need for more characters. I only played the Starter packs with one character per set, and only used the others to finish something off.
>>
I think Lego Dimensions shit is 50 percent off at Gamestop. I went in to buy the Harry Potter team pack and it was only 12.50 even though the price tag said 25
>>
>>6276143
>movesets are pretty much the same for everyone
It's weird. You look at the skill tree of each character, and see how different it looks and how crazy the possibilities must be. It seems like a totally different deal than say, Skylanders.
But then in the end, you just build everyone as melee or ranged, and there's only a few from each type that actually has some variety to the norm. In the end, Skylanders probably have a lot more variety in play styles.

It didn't help that with each upgrade, they focused on less and less varied character types. 1.0 had a large range of Disney characters from different genres of movies, requiring them to get pretty creative with some move sets. 2.0 was mostly marvel heroes, and while a lot of them had interesting ways to get around, there were only a few types and like 80% of the cast just had generic punching combos. Then 3.0 comes around and you just got lightsaber guys and blaster guys who are lucky to even get an enhanced jump.
>>
>>6276400
>slow tanks
Do tanks work in DI? I remember trying to build Hulk to be a tank, since he has so many health related upgrades. But it seemed like it made very little difference in the end and his regeneration was hardly noticeable. He would still get stunlocked if he got hit too much, so I just rebuilt him to be offensive and he was a lot more effective. Is there anyone with something like super armor so attacks don't phase them the same way as other characters?
>>
>>6276610
Characters with regenerating shields work the Tank angle better. 1.0 figs do too, since their health meters are fucking ridiculous.
>>
>>6276914
Which characters have shields?
>>
>>6276923
Mostly Tech focused guys. Iron Man, Hulkbuster, Ant Man, Black Widow, Baymax, Syndrome, Buzz, Perry, Vanellope and the Cars. Might've missed a few.
>>
It sucks we never got any sort of online raid mode for DI.

Imagine using your Iron Man with a friend's Luke Skywalker and some stranger's Kim Possible to battle Tamatoa.
>>
File: C9PqvYHXsAAObqG.jpg (110KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
C9PqvYHXsAAObqG.jpg
110KB, 1200x675px
Along with the three unannounced Link amiibos revealed, we got these 6 too. Super hyped, and I really hopes this means they'll revisit some of the others when Smash is ported to Switch. Robin, Wii Fit, Villager and Zero Suit would be nice.
>>
File: C9PwGdkV0AIQnn2.jpg (89KB, 1200x697px) Image search: [Google]
C9PwGdkV0AIQnn2.jpg
89KB, 1200x697px
>>6277587
You forgot the Pikmin amiibo too. These guys were just revealed, and hey, they aren't just recolours.
>>
>Pikmin
>Majora's Mask Link
>Twilight Princess Link
>Skyward Sword Link
>Corrin
>Corrin Player 2
>Cloud
>Cloud Player 2
>Bayonetta
>Bayonetta Player 2
>Inkling Boy 3
>Inkling Girl 3
>Inkling Squid 3
>Gold Rathalos & Boy
>Silver Rathian & Shuval

amiibo hype is off the charts lads
>>
>>6277598
I'm actually not super impressed. I'll wait and hope for a teal recolor.
>>
>>6277709
gonna be nice to get in the miibos on the ground level.
Finally Bayo, even better news theres gonna be a Bayo1 amiibo.
>>
>>6278138
are people still playing smash bros? i mean, enough to need amiibos?
>>
>>6277587
>Zero Suit
I'm confused. They have an amiibo of her.
>>
>>6278411
ZS Samus has an alt costume just like all the others listed do
>>
>>6277598
That they'll store your favourite loadout to take with you seems like a nod to trying to make splatoon esports.
I wonder if the originals will also do that
>>
>>6278144
It's less about that and more about completing the collection. It's always been weird that the last three fighters never had any amiibo until now.
>>
New Skylanders wave 5 release date is May 25th apparently.
>>
>>6276247
>no sora
Hold on. We're they actually going to do a Sora or are you just sad at what never could of, or will be?
>>
>>6276326
Main reason i got into infinity was the figures. Don't give two shits about the samey combat.
Fuck i wish they would just sell the figures as collectables now
>>
I might be retarded but what do the alternative amiibo of Corrin, Bayonetta, and Cloud do?
>>
>>6279763
probably the same as the usual ones. Smash line was easily the best selling and most anticipated line of amiibo to date, so Nintendo was probably looking for any way to milk more out of it.
>>
>>6279723
closest thing they did was release the keyblade, as a convention exclusive.
>>
>>6279763
They're the same but will probably just use that specific color as default.

I just hope this shit doesn't give them an idea to do a "Player 2" series of Smash amiibo for alt colors. Nintendo could do that.

>>6278144
It's been 16 months I believe since they were announced so this is finally the end, or so it would seem. Lots of speculation seemed to indicate the whole reason they held them back was for a Smash port on the Switch. They didn't announce it in this direct, but I'd say its a shoo in for the system around E3. I'm not sure they'd launch it with the amiibos tho, since Splatoon 2 comes out the same day.

By the way, for those playing along at home:

Gamestop has Twilight Princess Link and "Player 2" Cloud (Aka the edgelord one) Exclusively.

Amazon apparently has listings for FemCorrin and Skyward Sword Link.

Whoever will have Majora's Mask Link will likely also have the P2 Bayonetta (the Bayo1 outfit).

The regular versions shouldn't be exclusive as far as we can tell. Gamestop already sold out of preorders for Link and Cloud, Amazon has the listings up but not active yet and we don't know about the last two. Seems likely it'd be Best Buy since it doesn't seem like TRU would have a M rated character exclusive, but who knows maybe Target will be in for it.

Squids and Pikmin shouldn't be hard to find. I expect we'll hear about the Monster Hunter Generations and Quibby amiibo maybe at E3 or something.
>>
File: keyblade.jpg (32KB, 600x351px) Image search: [Google]
keyblade.jpg
32KB, 600x351px
>>6279723
A KH Mickey outfit was released as a con exclusive and the Keyblade was the 100% completion unlock in 3.
Not unlike how a lightsaber was a 100% completion award before Star Wars was officially added, it seemed like they were hinting at KH for 4.
>>
File: 20170414_150859.jpg (2MB, 2155x1985px) Image search: [Google]
20170414_150859.jpg
2MB, 2155x1985px
>>6277598
I need to pick them up when they come out.

I don't have a lot of amiibo, but I'm getting the AC ones now that shows are dropping them cheap.

I'm planning to add some shelves, patterned backing, and paint it for my AC amiibo.
>>
TRU has whatever remaining Infinity chars on sale for $3 now. Picked up about 10 or so myself.
>>
wtffffff is there a reason I need to be charged seperate shipping for the Smash amiibos even though they all release the same day? Gamestop's checkout said it would be $20 of shipping.
>>
>>6280683
maybe you wont get them all at once?
>>
Does anyone have the Switch version of imaginators yet?
>>
>>6281132
Of course people do. It's Imaginators for switch. No racing with nothing to replace it, and a clunky, awkward, slow virtual library instead of a Portal. If you already have the game, skip it.
>>
>>6281149
No no, I mean anybody here.
>>
>>6280062
>100% completion unlock in 3
this is why im glad Infinity failed.
>>
>>6280081
That's an adorable project, anon
>>
>>6276247
>clu
i still say we got the two tron ones due to the director of infinity blowing the disney CEO on a roof. should've got uprising characters desu
>>
>>6281149
So no Lego Dimensions for Switch, then.
>>
>>6282335
Why would they port a game on its deathbed to the Switch anon?
>>
>>6282676
better question, why would they port a 700GB game on a 28GB console?
>>
>>6282895
Oh yeah, I forgot how vast dimensions is.
>>
>>6282895
Nintendo's already selling games bigger than the base memory size.
>>
>>6284569
Nintendo: first on gimmicks, second on the times
>>
What's the reliability of finding amiibos on the shelves rather than pre ordering in the uk. seems like every pre order is closed.
>>
>>6286144
Looks like its time for some good old fashioned being there at store opening on release day.
>>
>>6288545
>>6285817
Why are amiibo posters leaking out of this thread?
I think we need a better op pic next thread.
>>
>>6289246
I dunno I think a lot of people don't realize we exist. I know there's a lot of crossover with the general Nintendo thread and amiibos, its just they don't always see it so they post anyways.

Also >implying on /toy/ it really matters that much

I'll have to think of something to make for a new OP.

Also, I updated the pastebin yesterday, I guess I completely forgot we had that since it looks like it hasn't been updated since last year.
>>
File: 20170425_140235.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170425_140235.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
What are your recent picks anons? I picked up Daisy, Boo and i found amiibo festival for cheap on the weekend. I also picked up 8-bit Link yesterday.
>>
>>6297465
>dat upside down pic
8 bit link is a great find, really any zelda related amiibos are at this point until we get reprints.

I was tempted to get Boo, Dong and Diddy on sale at TRU back when they did the 3 for $20 sale but they didn't have any of them online for ordering. I still need Daisy, Rosalina, Boo, Dong and Diddy for my collection still
>>
>>6276326
>actually wanting the figs for the gameplay
>>
>>6280062
>hinting at KH for 4
>>
The E3 booth lineup for LEGO was revealed.

The only LD stuff is the Powerpuff Girls.
>>
File: 1444196191060.gif (466KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1444196191060.gif
466KB, 480x270px
>>6300321
>buying statues
youre closer to rule 2 than i am
>>
>>6300396
I guess teen titans and whatever else got cancelled? It's weird that we haven't heard anything.
>>
>>6300396
[citation needed]
>>
>>6300340
Nigga they had leaked Final Fantasy concept art before they shut Avalanche studios down.
>>
>>6301102
Rumor right now is, we get PPG, Beetlejuice, and TTG packs, and a Vortech pack to run out the year.
>>
>>6301590
https://youtu.be/c5QossZWq6o
>>6301743
Whaaaaaaaat
>>
>>6302027
Oh well, at least we got some cool minifigs out of the whole thing. But lego really needed to tone it down with the prices and also get a better developer already.
>>
>>6301743
>>6302243
>NEW CLOUD SKYLANDER
>no no no you can't play him Marvel Battlegrounds
>no no no you can't play him in Force Awakens
>movesets: Melee/Dash
>>
>>6300441
What episode???
>>
>>6302941
FF characters would have released with the 4th game, which would have had the ability to play any character in any universe. If you even played 3.0, you'll know that A) the Movesets in 3.0 for most caharcters (some boring Disney rep withstanding) were far more than just Melee/Dash and had a level of strategy as you levelled them up, and B) the movesets get more and more deep and diverse with each game.

So in short - the cancellation of DI4 is legit a shame.
>>
>>6301743
Is there any pics of the concept art?
>>
>>6303254
44, the segment with the mannequin yokai
>>6303668
>So in short - the cancellation of DI4 is legit a shame.
It's just living proof that every time Disney does something cool, they take a step back from opportunity. Then they just say fuck it
>>
the new Skylanders are out in the uk. Are they worth me getting or should I skip them?
>>
>>6304782
mmmaybe Pain-yatta or Grave Clobber
>>
>>6305516
What about Tidepool or Blaster-Tron?
>>
File: 2c7d116a5195e9b16432e52e46c35917.png (976KB, 847x1024px) Image search: [Google]
2c7d116a5195e9b16432e52e46c35917.png
976KB, 847x1024px
Is Nintendo still doing Amiibos? Or is that fad over?
>>
>>6308286
read the thread.
>>
>>6308286
ones that were rare arent rare anymore...maybe?
>>
>>6308361
thread dead
>>
After playing Lightseekers all morning, just pre-ordered all the toys. Articulated, light up, different weapons, very excited. It's a lot of money though, way more than Skylanders.

Worried about the longevity of the game, too. Did they stretch themselves too thin with the TCG and game?

Will any of you be picking it up? Game is free, toys are 75$ for the base pack and 15$ per weapon.
>>
>>6312906
I have this huge premonition that this is going to flop, like Angry Birds Go, Sick Bricks, that hero portal thing, and those app gear things at the 99c store before it. if the game is already fully playable, then there's almost no reason to buy the toys whether or not we avail of the in-app purchases. the reason the big 3 lived as long as they did was because they pretty much required the toys. then there are the amiibos which are fueled by something else.

still, ill wait for a sale
>>
>>6312906
I honestly can't imagine it going anywhere desu. It came too late to jump on the bandwagon. The death of DI has left many players weary of this kind of thing, which seems to be spreading to LD and Skylanders too. Plus, yeah, the TCG-to-life thing didn't do so well before. And again, no brand recognition. It's doomed to fail, which sucks. I'll gladly pick up the toys when they inevitably get reduced to a 1/10 the price.
>>
>>6315084
I agree that a lot of consumers are tired of the TTL style games. I've been enjoying the game immensely. It has dungeons, quests, crafting, gathering... it's like a single player WoW. They do the skylanders thing "you need a flying pack attached to a physical toy to access this area!" But it hasn't been too awful.

I think they're going to have to push hard that the 80$ toy packs are just the starter packs. The fusion core is basically a raspberry pi. It can be put on any of your characters to load the save for your version of the character. So one Jax toy can be used by however many people as long as they each have their own fusion core. Cheaper versions of the characters without the fusion core will be sold, and the fusion core will be sold separately later on. But as it is, it makes people think "what! 80$ per toy!" And ignore it.

That plus as you said, weary of TTL, no brand recognition.... I don't know if it can succeed, although I really hope so.
>>
>>6315138
Must admit, it sounds hella nifty and it reminds me greatly of Skylanders back in 2011. I'd probably like it a whole lore more if it were a console game and had more or a roster to start with. I kinda hope it succeeds too, at least well enough to reach its full potential.
>>
>>6315149
I remember the 2011 debut being kind of underwhelming. i do remember attending that demo event, but i only really got into it during Giants and was able to combine a coupon and a discount
>>
>>6312906
>$75
Is that the only option to get the dinosaur husbando?
>>
>>6312906
I would like the poison girl to get release...
if even viable
>>
Is there a list that shows what each amiibo unlocks in the games? I want to get those ones specifically, the ones that unlock stuff that isn't just skins, stuff like the botw link costumes and wolf link.
>>
>>6316056
this is one place to start
http://amiibo.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_amiibo
>>
>>6308286
Yeah they're still making new Amiibo
>>
Does anyone know what board this thread was supposedly on? instagram com/p/BTxwqtQFoRa/?taken-by=yroctheeliteslayer&hl=en

Looks like we could have new Skylanders confirmation soonish?
>>
File: lkdkL.gif (744KB, 250x180px) Image search: [Google]
lkdkL.gif
744KB, 250x180px
>>6317307
>Krakatoa
>>
>>6317307
If it was on a blue board it was probably on /v/ since I've never seen a post like that in one of these threads.

Seems weird they'd release new figures and not a whole new game, but perhaps they can reason that they can do console updates now that they don't have to worry about stuff like the Wii U and 3Ds and add new characters and shit. I think the new update that went out for Imaginators added like 200 new pieces in the Imaginite chests
>>
>>6317307
>>>/v/376179716
Just sounds like they're looking to add some new characters/lightcore versions of existing characters in an update this year instead of making a completely new game
>>
>>6317484
>>6317817
The Skylanders community has known for a while now that there wasn't going to be a new game release in 2017, but "support" instead. Most people just assumed new digital content, such as new levels and Imaginator parts but this is pretty cool if it's real.
>>
>>6317484
itd be really cool if they could do what Dimensions is doing. as in, just release one game, but constantly update it every year. for the record, i had Finn, Sonic and the Starter pack but i couldnt use the two before an update
>>
>>6318642
>>6318108
Yep ever since we heard they weren't going to I figured they'd do updates with new pieces, but new characters is a little surprising. I also thought they stopped doing "Series 2", etc figures because they just didn't sell, but maybe if there's no new game, they can drive people to buy new versions of figures if they missed out on the old ones.
>>
For those who have played it is Imaginators worth it at all? For reference my favorite Skylanders game was Swap Force. I wonder if i should just totally skip this year and see what they come up with in 2018.

The whole gimmick Imaginators has going on doesn't really interest me, but you don't HAVE TO make your own Skylander do you.
>>
>>6319049
Imaginators actually is a lot of fun, but it feels far too short. There seems to be a lot of small diversions you can do too (short small stages with a mission you do, like "Beat the Robot" where you have to hunt down a robot spawner) but those end up becoming repetitive

If I'm not mistaken, Five Below stores have the Imaginators (or maybe its Superchargers?) starter packs for $5.

I believe there's one segment at the beginning of the game that requires you to make an Imaginator, and they're pretty powerful, especially in the battles against Kaos' Doomlanders. They get a damage multiplier and significantly help out in the battle damage wise compared to literally every other character.
>>
>>6319049
>>6319085
There's nothing in the game that makes you make an imaginator. It's the focus of the game, but it's not mandatory.

Imaginators are super fuckin' powerful, so it's worth to keep some around for some of the bullshit enemy spams.

That said, it if a fun game, if short. If you like Skylanders it's not the worst the series has to offer, but it might feel a bit lacking compared to SF or TT.
>>
>>6319049
Imaginators dont unlock anything, just the Senseis do, but they are the new fun gimmick. If anything, you should only skip Superchargers
>>
Who are the best of the new Skylanders, bros? I have a small-ish collection and looking to expand and my gamestop has them all on offer. The only new guys I have I King Pen and Golden Queen. Thanks
>>
>>6321827
Crash
Kaos
Chain Reaction
Starcast
Flare Wolf

maybe Boom Bloom
>>
>>6321827
Chain Reaction, Boom Bloom, Grave Clobber, Tidepool and Wildstorm are all great figures with cool gameplays. Crash and Cortex are also pretty nifty, but aside from the novelty of them being Guest stars, they're kinda whatever.

My advice is just get anyone you like the look of. There's no figure without redeeming qualities.
>>
for sensies I have been really pleased with Tae Kwon Crow. most of the melee ones get splattered once you enter nightmare difficulty
>>
>>6326938
This. Anyone ranged can survive on the harder difficulties. Anyone who relies on close combat is effectively useless unless they're equally fast, like King Pen.
>>
How easy is it to mod lightcore skylanders?
Would it be worth it to pick up a bunch of Hexes to put the lights in other figures?
>>
File: 15421.jpg (219KB, 1475x463px) Image search: [Google]
15421.jpg
219KB, 1475x463px
r8 my dimensions
>>
>>6328292
dust/10
>>
>>6328292
So you went out of your way make this stupid joke, went and picked these things up, placed them on your laptop, and didn't think to maybe dust them first?

You don't deserve toys.
>>
>>6328292
I don't get it
>>
Supposedly they're going to announce the "future plans" for Dimensions at E3. What that means, I don't know.
>>
>>6328292
Chris Chan tier
>>
>>6328273
I've thought about it, but the plastic inside of the figures is actually pretty solid. I got one when TRU had them for like 99 cents but never did much with it. Should be easy if you have the right tools though to open her up
>>
File: BJB53ME.jpg (272KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
BJB53ME.jpg
272KB, 1920x1080px
Amiibo when?
>>
File: 1466033578005.jpg (186KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1466033578005.jpg
186KB, 720x960px
>>6332302
>ass
https://youtu.be/1sxLV1KQr94
>>
File: Dark_Golden_Queen.jpg (45KB, 936x632px) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Golden_Queen.jpg
45KB, 936x632px
Damn why would anyone want a black golden queen, she not even gold anymore?!?!!?.
>>
>>6332603
Dark skylander packs are just useless money grabs for rich Christmas families
>>
File: Evo_earth_golden_queen_e.jpg (10KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
Evo_earth_golden_queen_e.jpg
10KB, 200x200px
>>6332603
I don't like the shades of gold they used for the standard figure. The black on silver stands out more, and shows off the sculpt better. I would much prefer her looking like this though
>>
File: Tae_Kwon_Crow_(Evolved).png (252KB, 549x516px) Image search: [Google]
Tae_Kwon_Crow_(Evolved).png
252KB, 549x516px
>>6332726
They really missed the opportunity to do a line of Evolved figures for the Villain Characters in Imaginators. Instead we got those disgusting two-tone paint apps like the Mystical and Steel-Plated variants.
>>
File: O-Brawl_and_Chain.jpg (46KB, 385x295px) Image search: [Google]
O-Brawl_and_Chain.jpg
46KB, 385x295px
>>6332726
>>6334438
at the very least, they should've named the "mystical" line "outlaw" to tie in with this guy from trap team, since they used almost the exact same color-scheme and they're all villains
>>
Anyone know if you can preorder amiibos in-store?
Need to get the Majora's Mask Link but it's sold out on the Best Buy website
>>
>>6334517
good luck pre-ordering anything zelda, they're sold out online for a reason.
>>
>>6334517
>>6334601
Yeah its fairly likely all the Zelda ones will still be hard to find at this point, although a few of them have new CISPA certifications, indicating a restock of the first BotW ones soon.
>>
File: 175x175bb.jpg (21KB, 350x200px) Image search: [Google]
175x175bb.jpg
21KB, 350x200px
anyone know where I can find this? It's the last one I need.
>>
>>6339706
Pretty sure it just came out recently, so it should be heading to stores soon
>>
>>6334517
In all honesty your best bet is to just hawk stores the day they drop. I was able to snag all of the 30th anniversary Zelda Amiibo, and the Breath of the Wild Amiibo (minus Zelda) the day they came out. Nearly impossible to find around here (St. Louis) anymore.
>>
File: Squidward.jpg (40KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Squidward.jpg
40KB, 640x480px
>waiting for the new Zelda and Smash amiibos to drop
>they're all up for preorder at the same time even though their releses are a month apart
Fucking goddamn Nintendo, don't you know about staggering releases? I'm gonna have to pay $220 upfront to grab them all now, cause if I wait they'll ll be gone
>>
>>6343289
Technically they are staggering the release (like, Zelda ones come out in June, Smash/Splatoon in July) but the stores probably know they can get those autism bucks now if they drop preorders for them at the same time.
>>
File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (123KB, 1277x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
123KB, 1277x720px
The other day was thinking.
There is a ton of 3D models from fans making their interpretation of Disney Infinity figures.

Is there 3d prints as well?
>>
File: C5rXpfhXQAIfsDG.jpg (89KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
C5rXpfhXQAIfsDG.jpg
89KB, 800x600px
>>6347358
I think the dude who made those actually allowed you to order his Deadpool, Cyclops and Jean Grey figures from his etsy or something. They looked great, but a bit too expensive for some small statues with no game functionality for my liking. SculptorHec on Twitter.
>>
>>6347358
Somewhere there's fairly likely to be original 3d model files, especially since we saw many of them after the series was cancelled. If someone could get them, anyone with a 3d printer could probably make them, but its fairly likely no one would be able to get them now, or be able to actively sell them
>>
>>6347506
>SculptorHec
Found the deadpool, but you have to paint it yourself, which Im not confident in doing. still looks good though, 45 bucks aint bad for a custom statue
>>
>new Link amiibos finally go up on nintendo UK
>sold out within 4 minutes

What the fuck are they doing?
>>
File: zQiAqSIl.jpg (63KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
zQiAqSIl.jpg
63KB, 640x640px
Latest (last?) Lego Dimensions wave pics.

We'll probably find out by E3 if the line has any sort of future.
>>
File: g5qZiVDl.jpg (45KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
g5qZiVDl.jpg
45KB, 640x640px
>>6352688
>>
File: XCPljDPl.jpg (46KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
XCPljDPl.jpg
46KB, 640x640px
>>6352692
>>
File: kozPNsll.jpg (65KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
kozPNsll.jpg
65KB, 640x640px
>>6352695
>>
File: QlubIW6l.jpg (46KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
QlubIW6l.jpg
46KB, 640x640px
>>6352699
I have feelings for LEGO Starfire that are entirely inappropriate.
>>
>>6352688
>>6352692
>>6352695
>>6352699
>>6352703
Wow. Finally characters I actually give a shit about and they come at the end of the line.
Might have to pick up LD on sale when these come out.

Am I right in assuming the wii u version is broken to hell? Should I get it for another system?
>>
>>6352776

I have the Wii U version, it's decent. But if you have a PS4, that would be best since you can get Supergirl.
>>
>>6352776
>Am I right in assuming the wii u version is broken to hell
maybe, but itll definitely fill up that 128gb drive
>>
>>6352776
It's not bad. I can't remember having any problems with it or bugs.

>>6352688
I think we're missing Vortech pack but that would be it. If they decide to continue the series, they'd probably end up making one for the Switch but then that wouldn't really need a standalone portal (or be compatible...i dont think there's a USB drive on it as far as I can see?) since the Switch has NFC reciever in the joycon.
>>
>>6354157
Rumor has it the Vortech pack was canned. He might get a polybag, but that's a dicey proposition.
>>
>>6354177
what would Vortech unlock? a Dimensions world?
>>
>>6354229
Rumor has it he would've unlocked every adventure world. They were planning on leaving him as the last character for that reason.
>>
>>6354252
the wiki has his quotes but not his abilities. that 'd be a real draw if he could have every ability too
>>
>>6353655
WiiU Has either a 8gig or 32gig hard drive.
>>
>>6354464
whoops. but yeah it's that small. the Switch has a similar problem with Lego Undercover.
>>
>>6352699
why is beast boy a manlet?
>>
>>6356504
because he's the shortest
>>
File: IMG_1399.jpg (972KB, 2433x1451px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1399.jpg
972KB, 2433x1451px
Lightseekers toys are shipping a month early. Amazon says the figures will be at my doorstep Friday or Saturday.

New figures are also supposedly on the way.

If you don't want to pay 75$ for the figures, as I understand it, they're planning on releasing just the figures for around 25$ but you'd have to get the backpack portal thing separately for about 30$.

From what I understand, the portal thing is basically your account. So if you have 3 kids, you don't need 3 of every toy you just need 3 backpack portal things that you clip on to whatever character you currently want to play with. Pretty nice. And all the weapons and flight packs work with any character.
>>
File: 81ZhtlNmVDL._SX522_.jpg (49KB, 522x638px) Image search: [Google]
81ZhtlNmVDL._SX522_.jpg
49KB, 522x638px
>>6358946
ill probably pay like 6-10$ when next summer comes. it still looks like another generic mobile game with optional toys
>>
>Play through Adventure Time and Sonic this weekend
>dat love, care, attention to detail

Fuck I hope we get year 3. This game is too good.
>>
>>6361334
its the same lego game we always get, but yeah, it's unique enough to be better than the others. I'll be surprised if we do get a year 3
>>
I can't believe nobody talked about this, but there's amiibo support hinted for Pokken Tournament DX according to the Japanese Pokemon website.
>>
File: Untitled.png (48KB, 223x216px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
48KB, 223x216px
>>6364056
oh boy, new costumes and coins. wow
>>
>>6364056
Yes? Why wouldn't it be, Pokken supported random drops via amiibo, too.
>>
>>6364056
Game Freak is notoriously not big fans of the amiibo format, so it's super unlikely we'll ever get Pokemon amiibo outside Smash or a card line.
The amiibo support was in the original. Like Hyrule Warriors - scan any 5 a day to get random shit you can unlock anyway through regular gameplay.
>>
>>6364056
>>6364102
This is actually disappointing because they'd probably sell like hotcakes. The regular Pokemon figures are usually shit, and actual nice amiibo would be just fine. I think they should have use those new collection figures from the Pokemon Center and put them on amiibo stands. They're around the same price anyways.

Would be nice of them to make a shadow mewtwo physical figure
>>
>>6274368
theyre literally contest trophies
at least its not as bad as that magic card sealed in liquid crustal on display in some japanese office that means no one can actually collect every single card.
>>
>>6364477
They're amiibo parading as contest trophies. There's no reason they couldn't just make trophies that weren't also amiibo. Nintendo KNOWS this is a collector's line, and they're pulling shit like that. It's fuckin retarded.
>>
>>6364974
>>6364477
Well it really depends on if it does anything different. If not there's no point in getting mad about it; you could literally just spraypaint a regular one of the Raths to match.

Skylanders was the bullshit one where they made really cool Employee Exclusive figures that usually registered as different (the "Special" tag on them when summoning them in the game, and they add an extra spot on the collection roster)
>>
>>6364477
>that magic card sealed in liquid crustal on display in some japanese office
Is that right? What is the card's name? I am having trouble finding info about it.
>>
>>6366221

1996 World Champion
>>
>>6366221
I ment the shjijifukujin dragon on display at the Japanese mtg office but the world champ works too
>>
>>6364102
There is actually a set of cosmetics and titles that only randomly drop via amiibo.
Somewhat notoriously, there was a set of titles for each playable character but they didn't even bother to make an amiibo of a pokemon in the game more likely to drop it.
>>
>>6352703
>>6352699
>>6352695
>>6352692
>>6352688
>>6352688
too bad the games getting cancelled :/
>>
>>6368410
at least it beat Infishitty
>>
File: zelda botw amiibo.jpg (71KB, 500x290px) Image search: [Google]
zelda botw amiibo.jpg
71KB, 500x290px
BotW Amiibo are back in stock on Amiami, if anyone is still looking for them.
>>
File: lightseekrs.jpg (249KB, 1202x616px) Image search: [Google]
lightseekrs.jpg
249KB, 1202x616px
>>6358946
new characters got revealed (figure wise) in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-7mve0ZFJI (note: it's a cringefest desu)
>>
File: Untitled.png (858KB, 998x519px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
858KB, 998x519px
>>6369471
>it's a cringefest desu
i muted it

anyway, FINALLY some new characters. i hope we see a lot more before the rest come out
>>
Ubisoft just announced a new TTL game about spaceships called Starlinks.
>>
>>6370547
It looks like the ships are really neat too. Here's hoping the game itself is fun and the ships are relatively cheap because it actually looks quite nice.
>>
File: 1497300781944.jpg (273KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1497300781944.jpg
273KB, 1920x1080px
Ubisoft's getting into the ttl market with their new spaceship game. Pic related is one of the ships
>>
>>6370547
>>6370551
Looks kinda neat. I'm kinda getting a Gundam Build Fighters vibe from it for some reason
>>
>>6369471
I know they pandering to kids and everything their video.
But is sad they had to be so loud and crazy about it....
But thats how that market works...
>>
>>6370551
>>6370547
Here a video of how it should work and stuff....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCDKvASVWrA

Im not sure if it could be successful or not, if it sells.... who is going to be the people buying it....
>>
File: HELLO THERE.gif (1MB, 400x224px) Image search: [Google]
HELLO THERE.gif
1MB, 400x224px
>>6370547
>>6370551
it looks super neat, definitely didnt expect anything like this from ubisoft
the notion of the controller being the actual portal made a huge impression on me
and it really showed the potential for the joycons imo

definitely keeping an eye out out for this
>>
>>6370615
>who is going to be the people buying it....
I would say either late teens to adults will actually buy it since the style doesn't scream "This is for kids" that much though they'd probably like it to.
>>
File: starlink.jpg (40KB, 686x589px) Image search: [Google]
starlink.jpg
40KB, 686x589px
>using a switch compatible dock to build your spaceship on
this is kino

i like how it has a "destiny, but also for kids!" design vibe
>>
File: look at those big ol eyes.jpg (46KB, 868x485px) Image search: [Google]
look at those big ol eyes.jpg
46KB, 868x485px
>>6370633
the wide eyed, cartoonish art style they've chosen for the human models make me think this will skew toward younger demographics
>>
File: chuckling.jpg (99KB, 768x576px) Image search: [Google]
chuckling.jpg
99KB, 768x576px
>>6370653
people have been calling it "no man's skylanders"
and its the cleverest thing ive ever heard
>>
>>6370653
If they can work in gyro controls so that tilting your spaceship model/controller makes it move correspondingly in-game, I'm sold.
>>
>>6370660
i need 2 things before i'm sold

1. PC version
2. actual cockpits with in scale human figures

i could see myself going all in if those are met
>>
>>6370655
Looks kind of like Star Wars Rebels which aims at both demographics so it could work. I was mainly thinking about the enemies more than anything though, they feel like something out of Destiny.
>>
File: DCN8nmYXYAMBPNy.jpg (78KB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
DCN8nmYXYAMBPNy.jpg
78KB, 1200x600px
E3 amiibo announcements:

>Odyssey Mario
>Odyssey Peach
>Odyssey Bowser
>SMB Goomba
>SMB Koopa
>Metroid series Samus
>Metroid series Metroid
>BotW Mipha
>BotW Urbosa
>BotW Revali
>BotW Daruk
>FE Chrom
>FE Tiki
>>
>>6371789
have they announced a Skylanders-like game yet?
>>
File: nice.jpg (156KB, 478x524px) Image search: [Google]
nice.jpg
156KB, 478x524px
>>6371789
DAT PEACH
>>
>>6371789
>>6372483
god i want to hot glue her in that wedding dress
>>
>>6279724
This.

The game was just a bonus. The figures I considered collectibles.
>>
>Day 2 of E3 steam is just TT Battle Arena
oh fuck you tt
>>
>>6371789
>>6371978
>>6372483
>Peach
>wearing white
>>
>>6371789
more pre-orders that i'll miss because they're never fucking communicated to the public.
>>
>>6374300
Best Buy already had them up the first day, crashed their site and they seem to be in general "sold out" mode now.

Metroid I think was the same way.

Amazon has placeholders up, but like other amiibos they probably wont take preorders until release day.

Gamestop had some but fuck Gamestop because they're charging $5 shipping on EACH ITEM

Metroid ones are in a two pack, Champions are all single, Wedding Mario ones are both in 3 packs and singles and the Koopa/Goomba are both singles too.
>>
Welp, LD all but confirmed dead.
>>
>>6374783
good riddance. It completely saturated the market and was entirely unnecessary as a TTL franchise.
>>
>>6375739
it was still cool to the end, and it beat Infishitty. I dont think we'll ever play as Sonic, Finn, Knight Rider in Portal 2 land ever again
>>
>>6272443
They have to be scanned twice, actually. But yes, that is possible. I've only got three creation crystals, but I've got one of each element saved on the console. The only downside to doing this is that if you scan in a bunch of different figures you don't actually own, it just takes a while to get to them in the menu.

The data is only ever saved back to the figure in the Switch version when you go to the hub map and talk to an NPC there. Until you do that, the save data keeps track of everything instead.
>>
>>6371789
Please don't let these or the retail exclusive link amiibos be impossible to get a hold of on release. Pre-ordered the wedding amiibo set, but missed everything else. Weird that Koopa and Goomba sell out before the wedding amiibo.
>>
what emotions are they trying to convey?
>>
>>6312906
>$75

Dead before it arrived.
>>
>>6379768
whoops! this was supposed to go in /krg/
>>
>>6371789
>The Metroid Amiibo is squishy
Yes!
YES!
>>
>>6380738
There's a Kamen Rider TTL game, so it's not exactly out of place.
>>
>>6382105
really? i didn't know that
>>
>>6382114
apparently it sucks in various departments
>>
>>6371789
>MOTHERFUCKING KOOPA AND GOOMBA AMIIBOS
Just when I think I'm out, they PULL ME BACK IN.
>>
>>6374783
FUCK
My hopes for a Blues Brothers 2-pack are gone...
>>
I was at Toys R Us yesterday and they had a buy one get four free deal on Disney Infinity figures
>>
>>6312906
The game is a good single player MMO clone.
The toys are vastly overpriced for what they are, definitely not "collector quality" like they claim.
Haven't played TCG yet. TCGs are tricky since Magic/Pokemon/Yugioh trio are the only ones with staying power. And Hearthstone if that counts. As far as I can tell there's no way to play it on the app?
>>
>>6391472
That's because this is a fad that is dying

(honestly, it took way longer to die than I expected)

Skylanders are selling out too. The only ones holding on are Amiibo and Lego

I honestly think Amiibo is holding on because most people want them as collectibles, not what they are actually designed for. As for Lego. I think Lego wants to not have to make Lego video games anymore. Remember the Lego Batman movie? That movie should have gotten its own game. But fuck that, let's just make it a Lego Dimensions level pack!

I say Lego is holding on, but I only say that because they're still charging full price for the starter set (unless there's a sale or promotion going on). But their level and character packs are getting the discount treatment too

Soon, this fad will be dead and buried. And the world will be happier for it
>>
>>6392207
None of the places around here even bothered to get any Zelda amiibos to sell, so that's cool.
>>
>>6392207
This fad's been dying since 2014.
DI is long dead because Disney wasn't winning enough.
LD is dying because it entered into the fray too late, saturating the market while doing so, and being far pricier than competitors.
Skylanders as a game has been dying for a few years, but Activison is keeping the franchise alive with a dedicated Netflix show.
Lightseekers was dead on arrival - no brand recognition, no console game, no advertising, no identity and expensive: what were they thinking?
Amiibo have had a recent surge in popularity thanks to the success of Switch, BotW and upcoming Odyssey. Amiibo are gonna stick around for a good while yet.
>>
>>6392207
>As for Lego. I think Lego wants to not have to make Lego video games anymore.
Really? They make one every single year since at least 2005 and port it to absolutely everything on top of having a passionate group at Tt Games making the games in the first place. I can't imagine it costing that much for them to make the games and with the massive net they cast they must at least make a profit on it. It's not like they'd do any other games like Lego Island or Bionicle again.

Amiibo is surviving because of the collectable feature and because Nintendo is keen on having games take advantage of them. Hell, a single Mario Amiibo will work on almost any game with Amiibo compatibility to give you something unique. We saw what happened when BotW came out and offered custom outfit sets due to the Amiibos as well, you still can't find even BotW specific Amiibos for retail price anymore.
>>
>>6392237
Would have been useful if Majora's Mask had come out before BotW did; I'd have bought that even if I didn't know what it does.
That fact that it wasn't clear what they were going to do made the 1st wave real easy to access.
>>
>>6392209
lol yeah they did.
>>
Just a reminder.
>no Goofy
>no Darkwing
>no Emperor
>no Grievous
>no Dooku
>no Strange
>>
>>6392411
I'm more upset about the lack of Spider Gwen's ass.
>>
Any chance we'll see Zelda amiibo rereleased? I picked up the the Toon Link/Toon Zelda two pack when that came out, but decided to hold off on the the 8-Bit Link and Ocarina of Time Link because I assumed that the Amiibo bubble had burst and I could get them on clearance eventually. Then fucking Breath of the Wild came out and their prices are fucking ridiculous online. Also anybody know if the Wolf Link/Twilight Princess bundle is still widely available? I want that Amiibo too and I don't have the game currently so I thought that might be a justifiable way of getting that one.
>>
>>6392221
I think Skylanders really died with Superchargers. Levels were constantly interrupted by racing segments, had less emphasis on leveling and the much lesser need to collect everyone since treasures were randomly available.

LD lived as long as it could because of brand recognition across various brands outside of its own, and the interactions/personalities within, but everyone had to pay double for a Skylanders game because that's Lego for you.

DI killed itself with its own name, advertising and larger pay wall compared to Skylanders. even with the focus on world-building and 3 huge brands, it placed limits with useable characters and playsets. most of the characters themselves were mere clones of each other, also cutting down incentive to buy more outside of simply owning them for fun.

Lightseekers is a ticking time bomb that will soon fizzle away or unexpectedly and unlikely explode into a phenomenon
>>
>>6393195
>DI killed itself with its own name,
Actually, DI was doing gangbusters sales even with the restrictions in place.

There's a few factors that led to DI's death. The largest of which was Marvel and overproduction. Disney made two million Hulks when only one million DI units were in existence, then couldn't GIVE the rest away.

This on its own wouldn't have been bad, but THEN Marvel stepped in and forced them to make characters that would never sell. They turned down suggestion after suggestion for female characters in favor of shit like Yondu. A character that, again, they couldn't GIVE away.

But in spite of all that, DI might have still continued, had it not been for Shanghai Disneyland. See, Iger had paid the NBA a multi billion dollar deal to broadcast their games on ESPN. Immediately afterwards, it became apparent that due to poor oversight and shoddy contractor work, large swaths of Shanghai Disneyland would need to be rebuilt.

Disney stocks were going to show a loss unless Iger cut costs quick, so DI got the axe, along with half of the ABC lineup, including The Muppets, Galavant, and the new Marvel shows in development like Damage Control and Mockingbird.
>>
File: download.jpg (765KB, 1760x1150px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
765KB, 1760x1150px
How's your amiibo collections coming along bros?
>>
>>6392953
>will they be rereleased?
Had to say, the Botw amiibo were just rereleased a week or so ago, so it's up in the air at this point wether the 30th will follow.
I picked my 8bit and OoT Link up less than a week before Botw and I'm glad I did, however e price hike has been outrageous even for amiibo standards.

>Wolf Link Bundle
Depends where you live, the individual amiibo by itself is impossible, but I've seen the bundle pop up here and there: your best chances might be Walmarts Best Buys that are out of the way, or any small locally owned video games stores in your area. Best of luck to you friend.
>>
Lego ninjago game and NOT story pack RIP
>>
>>6393526
Disney Infinity was a sales failure and always shall be remembered as a mistake.
>>
>>6397075
>Disney Infinity was a sales failure
It literally brought the Disney gaming sector into the green on its own for the first time in 6 years. Not to mention it was incredibly popular the entire way through which is why every single person who was developing it was shocked when Disney shuttered the studio.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/01/02/disney-infinity-now-most-popular-toys-to-life-series-thanks-to-star-wars-2
http://www.businessinsider.com/disney-infinity-20-is-making-disney-a-boatload-of-money-2014-10
http://www.vg247.com/2014/11/07/disney-interactive-q4-fy-2014-first-profit-in-six-years/
franchise.

It was a failure due to Disney and Marvel's meddling with their Hulks and Yondus, not that it didn't sell well.
>>
>>6397098
>Hulks and Yondus
does that mean something in specific?
>>
>>6397106
http://screenrant.com/why-disney-infinity-was-cancelled/
>When Disney Infinity first debuted in Q3 2013 the supply didn’t meet demand and production could barely keep up to maintain appropriate inventory levels at retail, so by the time Disney Infinity 2.0 came around – based entirely on Marvel – they over-produced big time. The problem was that the forecasts were way off, and using Hulk as an example, 2 million figures were produced with only 1 million being sold.

Most of the 2.0 figures were shelfwarming something fierce, and the Hulk case is a very specific example of how they were complete idiots making an incredibly high amount of figures when the game didn't even have more than a million or so total owners in the first place.
>>
ITT Disney Infinity was a sales failure and anon cant handle how shit the game was to begin with
>>
File: amiibo.jpg (688KB, 1760x1150px) Image search: [Google]
amiibo.jpg
688KB, 1760x1150px
>>6395088
There's a lot of them that I want that I just either haven't seen in stores of saw them and stores and put off buying them only for them to disappear completely. Kind of lucked out being an Animal Crossing fan though. Got nearly the entire set easily and for cheap.
>>
>>6397098
Anyone have a Fallas/Factory 2U store nearby? I saw some Donalds and Goblins being sold for 2 bucks there
>>
>>6397054
I wish they'd just make new shit lego games but keep the portal functionality
>>
>>6397119
There's a fine line between trolling and looking like a retard.
>>
>>6397784
ok fine. It was a financial success but still a shit game from the start
>>
Is anybody going to bother making a new thread when this one is over? It seems like all that's left is Amiibos, which the Nintendo thread can handle
>>
>>6400342
When Ro-bow, the Lego Dimensions final wave, and Lightseekers comes out, there will definitely be a need for one
>>
>>6401151
what the fuck is Ro-bow?
>>
>>6401155
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1D6l10aVAE&t=61s
>>
>>6401172
so one new Skylander when Skylanders is basically dead. A bunch of Legos that could easily be talked about in the Lego thread.

And lightseekers, fair enough, there's probably going to be enough people trying to pretend they like it before eventually admitting they wasted their money to warrant a thread
>>
>>6401193
Don't forget about Starlink, although I can easily see why you would.
>>
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=118788156&cp=2255956.3209580.123544476&parentPage=family

welp, the lightseeker starters are out now. anyone want to watch them crash and burn with me?
>>
>>6402484
It's only for tablets? And one extra weapon costs fifteen fucking dollars?
>>
>>6402487
what did you say? "it's going to bomb?" and "your totally radical?" why yes it will, and thank you cowabunga dude.
>>
Will Crash and Cortex ever go on sale?

I keep being tempted to buy them but I know that the second that I do, they'll go on sale the next day just like every figure I ever bought
>>
>>6402587
They were once half off at gamestop, but i got mine for about the same at a Walmart pickup before then. speaking of gamestop, some of the earlier skylanders are 2.49 for some reason right now
>>
File: 1451028808888.jpg (111KB, 757x749px) Image search: [Google]
1451028808888.jpg
111KB, 757x749px
>>6402702
>some of the earlier skylanders are 2.49 for some reason
it's because Skylanders dying
>>
Damn, Infinity finally went full nuclear at Walmart. One I visited the other day had figures for a buck and the battle pack thingies for $5. I bet you'll see them shipped off to the Dollar Tree eventually. Meh, I was able to pick up Chewie, Han, Minnie and Star Wars disc set which was neat. They shilled those Star Wars animated series hardcore and no one gives a shit about them.

I really wish I would have gotten one of those light up ones before they went completely out of the stores.
>>
File: IMG_20170706_110150594_HDR.jpg (3MB, 2340x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170706_110150594_HDR.jpg
3MB, 2340x4160px
I'm visiting the US, went to a TRU...
And Holly hell!!!
Buy one and get 4 free.
This is the cheapest I will ever get infinity figures
>>
>>6407364
Walmart has them for a dollar each.
>>
>>6402974
Activision did say that Skylanders is going to be on hiatus for a bit which also explains why Vicarious Visions worked on the N-Sane Trilogy rather than working on another Skylanders game
>>
>>6407395
Next Skylanders games are Crash games with different characters
>>
>>6407372
Well that's a sad story.
But I have not visited a Walmart yet and probably will not do
>>
File: marinapearl.png (307KB, 600x532px) Image search: [Google]
marinapearl.png
307KB, 600x532px
u knoe who needs an amiibo?
>>
>>6401193
lightseekers i'm actually really enjoying, the free to play game is actually really depth type of game you don't need the figures, i picked up the tyrax one and the articulation is really nice as well
>>
>>6407372
Went to Austin Walmart and it was 3 bucks each, so it was the same pretty much
No lost
>>
>>6409239
you paid full price? why would you do that?
>>
>>6401193
>And lightseekers, fair enough, there's probably going to be enough people trying to pretend they like it before eventually admitting they wasted their money to warrant a thread
>>6409239
we're in the pretending to like it phase, I guess
>>
>>6409726
i sent them a dm on twitter saying i like the game, they sent a package over
>>
>>6409936
containing a starter pack and t-shirt just being a fan lol
>>
>>6410283
...i want to do that...
>>
File: index.jpg (766KB, 1760x1150px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
766KB, 1760x1150px
>>
Splatoon amiibo seems like they're going to be useful so it's probably not a bad idea to get them just in case they sell out.

The game is sold out on amazon I think too.
>>
>>6411624
useful? how?
>>
>>6411753
You can put your loadout on them so you can take them with you to eSports.
>>
>>6412289
they also unlock gear. Might be nothing, might be a way to get good stuff early
>>
>>6412294
There's at least one set of fashionable clothes, and that's what really matters in this world.
>>
File: Thumbs up.png (492KB, 631x467px) Image search: [Google]
Thumbs up.png
492KB, 631x467px
>decide to replay Skylanders
>put Stealth Elf on
>Named 'Cunt'
>max level
>max money

So what's next years Skylanders?
>>
>>6412289
i have another question:

useful? how?
>>
File: Roller Brawl.png (533KB, 603x617px) Image search: [Google]
Roller Brawl.png
533KB, 603x617px
This bitch could be the star of her own game.
>>
>>6412722
Having to unlock stuff on each system can be a huge detriment to a game's viability as an eSport.
If you can just take your loadout full of unlockables with you, then there's less fuss.
>>
So is Imaginators worth my time?
>>
>>6413768
I think the same about Dino-Rang
>>6414070
only if you have a soft spot for generic platformers
>>
>>6414281
>>6413768
Alot of the characters could probably hold their own in a single game.
>>
File: 20150602_130617.jpg (349KB, 1121x587px) Image search: [Google]
20150602_130617.jpg
349KB, 1121x587px
>>6414297
I have personal fondness for Flip Wreck, Chopper, and Blackout
>>
>>6414317
That Flipwreck on the right seems to be sad.
>>
Skylanders has enough characters to make a fighting game and a kart racer.
>>
>>6414367
>a kart racer
that's why Superchargers was made.. the mode is still in the next game too
>>
>>6414384
I'm talking about a legit cart racer.
>>
So Cloud and Bayonetta come out on the 21st. I still can't seem to find where the exclusives are. I can't even tell which is the base figure and which is the alternate. I want the Bayonetta 1 style costume but I can't figure out how to preorder and the only thing I'm seeing is japanese imports at silly prices.

Anyone actually excited about these? They clearly don't have the same push as the last wave or two of Smash figures.
>>
>>6420319
"P1" Cloud, Bayonetta and Corrin are not exclusive to any particular store and will be available everywhere.

In the US, "P2" Cloud is exclusive to Gamestop, Bayonetta to Best Buy and Corrin to Amazon.

P2 Cloud is in his edgelord black outfit, P2 Bayonetta is actually the "Bayo 1" look which makes this whole thing confusing and P2 Corrin is the Female Corrin.

Most stores should still allow you to preorder the P1 versions however Gamestop is sold out of P2 Cloud, Best Buy still allowed preorders of P2 Bayo as recently as last week when I checked and Amazon doesn't have preorders until the day of release because they're fucking idiots.

I think you'll find the hype is a bit diluted because of the insanity of store exclusives with the Links a few weeks ago and that Splatoon 2 + 3 more amiibo also come out on the same day.

Most people are just happy they'll be done with Smash finally [spoiler]Until Smash Switch brings more characters or they decide to do "P2" versions of all of the characters[/spoiler]
>>
File: fb7.gif (533KB, 381x512px) Image search: [Google]
fb7.gif
533KB, 381x512px
Does anyone have a store that sells amiibo with worldwide shipping? They opened preorders here (Chile) and both Player 2 Bayonetta and Corrin sold out in 20 minutes, and I'm really not in the "going to every store on launch day to see if they have any scraps" mood.
Thread posts: 303
Thread images: 54

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.