[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Toy Feels

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 10

File: IMG_1485.png (440KB, 1225x2085px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1485.png
440KB, 1225x2085px
Had a rough day. Toy feels thread? What stories do you have? This is one of mine.
>>
>>6268689
A weird thing happened to me.
Traded with someone SW figures, but they didn't get back to me because a friend died. Eventually they did.
A guy on Ebay didn't respond for a few days and it's because someone in his family died.

Am I cursed?
>>
>>6268693
>A guy on Ebay didn't respond for a few days and it's because someone in his family died.
>Am I cursed?
Nope, you're just naive.
>>
>>6268693
Someone's always conveniently "dead" if they're a late with the shipping

A guy pulled that one on me twice, probably forgot he had done it before
>>
File: tumblr_oa8dlmjyyo1u1ljrzo3_500.gif (2MB, 426x237px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oa8dlmjyyo1u1ljrzo3_500.gif
2MB, 426x237px
>Sell a figure on eBay
>ship it out within 24 hours of receiving payment
>Buyer reschedules delivery for later in the week
>Fuck that means I don't get my money till later
>A few days later I get a message from the guy saying the item was returned to sender accidentally and that I need to send it back when it comes
>Item never gets returned and last thing in tracking says rescheduled delivery
>Buyer insists it was sent back to me or my post office
>Item was never sent back to me and my post office say they don't have it
>Buyer opens a claim on ebay and gives an ultimatum, issue a refund or send the item
>Don't have the item because I sent it and say fuck it we will let ebay handle this
>Ebay sides with me
>MFW

Serves the asshile right for trying to scam me out of 130 bills.
>>
>>6269564
It's kinda surprising how popular the "Ebay always sides with the buyers" myth has gotten considering how untrue it really is.
>>
I always feel a little bit bad when I'm selling something and I get a buyer who needs like, two or three weeks to drum the money up. Like sure, there's the side of me that says "if you can't afford $30 for three weeks then maybe you should just consider not buying it", but I grew up pretty poor so money woes kinda hit me close.
>>
"hurdur autism" aside, I do think little stories like OP's are super endearing and I always like reading them
>>
>>6269657
It depends on the situation. In this guy's case, if the post office has no record of the item coming to them, then the buyer has no way to prove his outrageously bogus claim.

On the other hand, eBay will side with the buyer over really stupid shit. Claim shit was missing right out of the box? Good luck, seller, you have no way to prove it was there when the package went out. Buyer mails you back a bag of rocks? Too bad, as long as eBay got a tracking number for the return, the eBay has the buyer's back.
>>
Alright, here's something then
>History of losing favorite toys or them breaking because of poor luck
>three of my most memorable toys lost that way as a child
>always want to replace them, the only parts of a shitty childhood filled with abuse
>the first is an OoT Link figure I got one day
>Not an amazing figure, but Link is my hero and I loved that figure like you wouldn't believe
>one day in 2nd grade I brought it to school to show my best friend
>my first social mistake
>it goes missing and I never find it again
>miserable, replacements varied between other shit toys I hated because they weren't Link or crappier versions which broke or just didn't make the cut
>As I get older I learn about ebay
>Oh boy did I learn about Ebay
>The figure in question is generally sold for upwards of 200 dollars either alone or in a set
>poorfag family with no chance of purchase
>>
>>6269895
continuing on
>years go by, I tend to wander through Ebay every now and then, hoping I'll get lucky
>forget about it for a time
>about one year ago
>remember the loss and decide to go looking
>one being sold online with a buy now of like 70 dollars
>poorfag with a son on the way. nothing has changed
>my bro says "make an offer dude it couldn't hurt"
>say fuck it, before I kick the bucket
>life's too short to not go for broke
>so I follow suit and go berserk, offer about 15 lower, explain my monetary situation
>don't expect much, like 20 people were watching the damn thing
>next day while I'm at work my wife texts with "he accepted your offer"
>WHY SHOULD I WORRY
>WHY SHOULD I CAAAAAAAAAAARE
>I MAY NOT HAVE A DIME
>BUT I WON THIS FIGURE RIGHT HERE
>>
>>6268689
>What stories do you have?
I wanted an electric football game more than anything in the world.
And my parents bought it for me, and it was the happiest day of my life.
>>
>>6269896
SO
>with a taste for victory and similarly for buying things I probably shouldn't
>I remember two other lost items from my youth
>The first doesn't really fit here, it's a giga pet or similar to a tamagotchi
>it's called a Pokemon Pikachu 2
>Basically it was a chill with your bro Pikachu low need giga pet that also connected with your GSC games
>This one was a gift from one of my cousins growing up, one of the only ones I was close to
>It shattered when my sister threw it off of a bunk bed
>The hunt started out with no luck, but a few months ago one went up
>some light scuffing and a stripped screw or two, but a buy now of about like 60
>nowsmychanceboys
>so I make the offer, about 10-15 dollars lower
>next day again accepts the offer
>doubly hype now because i had saved up for a Switch
>got them both the same day, LoZ and Pikachu
>took breaks between LoZ to make sure the pet worked properly and ran well
>another successful buy
>>
>>6269902
continued
>so my final goal was a beyblade
>after seeing a movie called "It Runs in the Family" I had gotten obsessed with tops
>those old style ones were hard to find at the time of my childhood though
>Beyblades had just started to get popular though
>man were they fun
>the only thing I could bond over positively with my dad
>but this isn't the time nor the place
>my first bey was a purple defense catagory blade called Bakushin-oh
>this top was probably the worst one actually but for some reason I never lost when I used it
>kids at school, family at home
>that purple bey won every time
>we moved at one point, and I was a fool and packed it separately
>that one box of course went missing and was never seen again
>rumors about it being left behind because there was no room and "the kids had too many toys anyway"
>heartbroken, I kept that thing in such good shape
>decided with my other victories that this would be the last item I looked for
>only the black and gold rerelease that came packaged with some shit VHS movies could be found at again upwards of 200 dollars
>stay you Ebay
>>
>>6269905
concluding
>just started watching threads on /toy/ here for info on the Metroid Prime 3 Samus Figma
>seriously look at that thing I can't wait for a date i'm going to buy the hell out of it
>anyway I wandered into a beyblade thread of course
>friendly neighborhood anonman points out an Ebay link I had stumbled upon a week earlier but ignored because I felt shitty about spending money
>mulling it over and wondering if I could get them lower on the price, didn't think i'd get as lucky this time
>had just gotten my wife a nice jewelry box so she wanted to make sure I got something I really wanted too
>marriage is great
>decide to once again give it a shot
>accepted the offer a day later
AND SO now I wait patiently for the Beyblade to arrive. It's due here on the 19th.
>>
I lost my big dracco heads toy collection :(
>>
>>6269967
And i also lost pokemon card collection, and pokemon and digimon figures collection and all toy cars from when i was a child, i only got lego and tmnt figures left
>>
File: 1436220043151.jpg (107KB, 978x339px) Image search: [Google]
1436220043151.jpg
107KB, 978x339px
>>
>tfw the cost of shipping is over half of what the item cost

Anything worse than this?
>>
>beat up power ranger morpher with noticeable paint chipping
>almost always $100+
What the hell man.
>>
>>6269909
>poorfag with baby
>looking for excuses for self gratification and materialism
Father of the year.
>>
>>6271252
>tfw the cost of shipping is more expensive than what the item cost

Fuck you, Ebay Global Shipping Program.
>>
>>6271291
>shipping takes longer than ever and is shittily packed despite being about 3 times as expensive as it used to be

Fuck the Global Shipping Program indeed.
>>
/r/ more "toy story" tier stories like OP
>>
I got a story. I grew up really poor, like no food every day poor. I'm 6, I have a younger sisyter and an older 9 year old sister and nofsther, onñy mom. For some reason, my big sister got a Tunnel Rat gi joe with and I got different one (I can't remember the name). Her joe is clled Guns and Roses, mine is called Cash, becuae we live in 3rd world country where english is not spoken and we didn't know the names were on the package snd didn't havd cable to watch thw cartoons (there were only like 6 channels on tv in the early 90's and they all sucked).

Cash and GaR go on adventures on rivers, parks, they are best buddies and inseparable. Eventually GaR outgrowns Cash. I keep him with my other joes while my sis starts going aout with friend, datws, etc. We both grow up, get married, and all that, but I always kept my figures.

Las year all the family gets together to eat a nice place. Since it's my sis 35th birthday and she's battling depression, I thought I'd give her a nice meaningful gift.

She gets a fuckton of gifts (not poor anymore), and the last one she open is a small box with my name on it. She pulls out Guns and Roses, holds him with 2 hands carefully and asks me if it's "the original" (meaning the one we had as kids), I said yes and pointed at my shirt pocket, where Cash is hanging out. She looks at me and we both start tearing up.

And that's it, now everytime she comes to my place or I go to her, we bring our joes so Cash and Guns and Roses hang out again.
>>
>>6270296
Did their dad have actual autism or something, that actually sounds like something only a retarded person would do.
>>
>>6268689
>be 10
>make a new friend in a new country for the first time
>we both have matchbox cars, bring them over to each other's house
>why does he have these
>go home and check my toy box
>yeah he stole some
>talk to his parents
>barely know any english, it takes a while to understand they know and are just fucking with me
>walk away
>>
>>6271656
You should have broken into his house at 4am, takdn your cars back, along with some of his for good measure, then burned down the house whule they slept.
>>
>>6271278
power ranger fags are the worst
>>
File: 12179619756_e4026e661b.jpg (112KB, 500x349px) Image search: [Google]
12179619756_e4026e661b.jpg
112KB, 500x349px
I got a bad feel from this...
>be 11yo me
>see pic related in a Lego mag
>drool over the thought of adding it to my then infant collection
>every b-day and xmas for 2 years asked for it to no avail. Did get other sets though
>Then one birthday I get it
>one of my most memorable gifts
>darkcloudsonhorizon.gif
>I wasn't doing well in school, so my mom has to come up with different methods of motivation
>she gets angry with me and says that if I don't get my grades up, she'll take one my legos and smash them
>I think you know where the story goes from there...
>butwaititgetsworse.jpg
>somehow the instructions go missing, and a while later I lose all the minifigs. Looking back, it seems too coincidental.
>Eventually I choose to scrap it and I have nothing left of it to remember.

I could've bought another one, but they're pretty expensive now.
>>
>>6271852
>encouraging a 10yr to do a crime with such bad spelling

You must be over 18 to post here
>>
>>6269657
Buyer on Amazon just stole a Figuarts from me despite USPS showing it delivered so it does happen.
>>
File: IMG_1706.jpg (880KB, 1641x2408px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1706.jpg
880KB, 1641x2408px
>>6268689

Got one right up this alley.

>adore toy story with everything in my, woody is my favorite everything
>carry the original doll around everywhere with, sometimes even dress up as a cowboy for the heck of it. I was literally Andy
>years come and go and I'm more into power rangers and GI joes eventually, toy story stuff is boxed away in storage building behind our house
>maybe a year goes by and this enormous storm comes. Torrential rains, terrible flooding, etc.
>storage building got a leak in the roof through all that rain
>the toy story box was a victim
>I pull out a water damaged woody that no longer talks in absolute horror
>I bawl my fucking eyes out for the rest of the day. My carelessness has ruined my friend
>years come and go once more, I've sat him in my room out of respect but it's not the same
>I'm older now, maybe 12, and I just get obsessed with fixing him one day
>parents are paranoid freaks and won't use the internet to order anything, so a new woody (which I didn't want anyway) was out of the question
>one day another terrible storm comes, tornado warning for the area
>storm passes and we're all fine
>few days later, I do my daily "pick woody up and tell him I still love him"
>his string looks tight and secure where it used to be all gross and hanging loosely
>what
>pull it
>YOURE MY FAVORITE DEPUTY

To this fucking day I have NO idea how it got fixed. My parents did not have any means of ordering online. The old voice box was totally ruined and I got brave one day after he came back to life and looked to see what kind of witchcraft miracle was inside and it was a BRAND NEW voice box. To this day, I cannot explain it.

Pic related. Note the quite literal washed out color.
>>
>>6271290
I'm another poorfag with a baby. I get where he is coming from.Tbh I'm just a poorfag because I lost my job last month because the new boss didn't like me, but hey whatever, I got my weeb toys.
>>
>>6272026
>I wasn't doing well in school, so my mom has to come up with different methods of motivation she gets angry with me and says that if I don't get my grades up, she'll take one my legos and smash them

What. The. Fuck. Was your mom a chink?
>>
>>6271290
story man here. Actually I really mean it when I say my son is going to play with all of this stuff. To begin, he already plays with the Metal Fusion beys, I won't let him near the plastic ones because they sting something awful if you hit em bare skinned. Don't make assumptions based on your cynicism
>>
>>6271290

You're on a fucking board about toys jackass
>>
>>6272358
This is a great story and I'm really glad you posted it
>>
>>6271556
That is so damn cute. <3
>>
>>6272532

I'm glad you liked it anon. It seriously happened exactly like that and I cant explain it to this day. It's like the second storm returned his spirit.
>>
>>6273480
>be parent of a kid obsessed with a broken toy
>work my hands to the bone to afford it, searching high and low for a replacement
>kid thinks a magical storm returned him to life
haha I guess it's all good if they're happy...yeah...
>>
>>6273563

yeah bro my parents ordered a new woody, gave him the exact same water damage and weathering, popped a new voice box in AND somehow installed the string from the old voice box
>>
>>6272358
>To this fucking day I have NO idea how it got fixed.
The water probably dried out and somehow the electronics ended up being preserved. I've had similar things up happen to my siblings' stuffed animals with electronics and drying them out long enough can sometimes save them (but not always).
>>
>>6271656
I have a similar experience. Me and a buddy were playing with toys and the new neighbor kid went past us. Guess he took some (Those older jakks DBZ figures, one was the angel goku) and I didn't know. Friend ended up finding them in his house the next day and took them back for me.

Thanks, Lucas.
>>
>>6273745

You don't get it. The og voice box was absolutely ruined. Looked awful. What was in him later was a brand new one.
>>
>>6273745
backing this, I mean woody has stuffing in him right? That probably helped get rid of some of the crap.

Personally I had a Ipod nano go through the wash AND dryer. Now the dryer KILLS electronics, and even the Ipod had warped plastic and metal down at the plug port. It obviuously did not work and I stashed it away instead of tossing it for some reason. 5 years later I am cleaning, find it and decide for the heck of it to plug it in. It lit up, damn thing worked. the screen was faded to almost pure white could barely make out the existence of words on the screen. Not enough to read but enough to navigate to my music. Damn thing worked, for half a year before the weakened connection prongs finally broke on it, but point is, electronics can be really weird when it comes to suddenly working again.
>>
>>6273766
>You don't get it.
We get it fine. There's multiple solutions to the puzzle that are perfectly logical and easily explained, yet you want to go with the mystic mumbo jumbo route.
So you're either
1) a complete retard
2) a fucking child
3) making this shit up
God didn't do it. A Wizard didn't do it. Pure innocent child wish magic didn't do it. And while I can't say for sure which of the other explanations is the correct one, I guarantee there's a perfectly logical solution.
>>
File: 153202.jpg (42KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
153202.jpg
42KB, 640x480px
>>6269901
>tfw nobody acknowledged this stealth reference
>>
>>6275017

do you need to talk about something anon
>>
File: cbb.jpg (60KB, 680x818px) Image search: [Google]
cbb.jpg
60KB, 680x818px
This was just yesterday for me.

>spend most of my time away from home because work and gf
>moving into our own apartment in a month for the first time
>forget how much stuff I've accumulated over years
>realize a lot of shit I've bought/held on to doesn't bring me much joy
>realize I feel guilt staring at a storage container filled to the brim with my Lego collection, a dresser drawer full of Small Soldiers merch, Neca shit and various boxes of TF shit under my bed, bins of dirty Lego, Bionicle and GI Joes in my basement
>Decide that aside from the newest, cleanest Legos that aren't from my childhood, the Small Soldiers and RID Ruination everything else has to go
>spend my day cleaning and tagging figs for a tag sale in the next few weeks

And the weirdest part, it actually felt good. It was so uplifting thinking of all the relief and space I'd be getting by clearing this shit out. I've held on for years and years and none of it ever went anywhere other than out of sight and out of mind. Idk if I'm being dumb here but it's made me happy so far.
>>
>>6272428
Kill her
>>
>>6279639

Similar boat, anon. I'm going through stuff too and picking out what can go. If it doesn't make me really happy/it's been in a bin for 3 years, it's going. It's very uplifting imagining making someone else happy.
>>
File: minifigure-display-15-Edited.jpg (258KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
minifigure-display-15-Edited.jpg
258KB, 1000x1000px
I have had stuff in storage for a long time. dad was sick and touch and go for a while. We collect Lego together. I had bought an IKEA Ribba for my minifig collection and it went on hold when he went to the hospital. I bagged up my minifigs and some small sets. We're talking real sick. Finally he relearns how to walk, gets discharged, and its his first real out on the town day. He wants to go to the lego store. We go, he offers to buy me a small set because things have been so rough. But I know he doesn't have the money, but he insists, and instead ends up paying for my PAB cup full of 2x4s for my Ribba. I'm finally trying to get my life and my apartment back together after spending long nights at the hospital, and I've been cleaning and organizing everything. I brought home the PABs and went to set them up in the Ribba with my dad. You know, a project we could do together. We went to experiment with the display pattern and I pull out my bag of minifigs.... and it's a bag of trash. I threw out the minifigs and put the trash in the closet.

R2D2, C3PO, the Stormtroopers, Mickey and Minnie, Genie, Stitch, the doubledecker couch- Benny, Emmet, Wildstyle, Unikitty, The Ghost of Morgan Freeman, President Business, the Simpson family, Abu, and some various blindbags, all gone.

He offered me his handful of figs, but mostly he enjoys building sets, doesn't usually keep the figs, he was giving them to me or my brother. He only keeps his favorites, and I feel too bad to take his favorites. I cried a little, /toy/.
>>
>>6283934
>I threw out the minifigs and put the trash in the closet.

I felt a little of that OH SHIT moment.

I hope it was all replaceable, at least, not Bob the Spaceman Hero from 1983 or Whatever.
>>
>>6283970
None are that old, but most if not all were retired. I've picked them up here and there over the last 6 years or so so it never felt like a lot, but between retired sets and mark up, it's probably over $300. I don't have that kind of money to replace them.
>>
>>6269969
Keep them in good condition, anon.
>>
>>6283830
You know, same. Imagining that most of this is going to kids makes me happy. I remember wishing so badly to find cool toys at tagsales and almost never saw anything worthwhile when I was a child. Most of them were just old clothes, kitchenware, and furniture. I wanna make this tagsale some kids dream come true.
>>
File: s-l500.jpg (47KB, 500x491px) Image search: [Google]
s-l500.jpg
47KB, 500x491px
>Probably around 1986-1987, friend and I are about 10-11 years old
>G.I. Joe was well into it's golden years. Stuff hadn't gotten too crazy and colorful yet
>I'm kinda poor, friend has a lot more vehicles and figures but we still have fun
>Bring my Snow Cat and Buzz Boar over to his house, pit them against his Havoc and Moray
>I think we were getting to that age where pretend play kinda peters out but we still have fun
>The couch is the enemy's mountain fortress, and backyard brush is Cobra Island's jungle
>We sneak into a nearby apartment building, the kind that has those open carpeted stairs behind big front windows
>Battle on the stairs! Joe's on a string rappelling rope and Cobra Vipers are on zip lines from the balcony above

That childhood friend moved away long ago. Even if he hadn't I doubt we could ever really have imaginative play like that as adults. Still, thanks for the memories Jake.
>>
>>6271656
Why must the evil go on unpunished?
>>
>>6286487
yeah that feel of not being able to just have that innocent imaginative play anymore sucks sometimes. But I like drawing and am starting to dabble with sculpting so at least that keeps up the imagination.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.