[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First Saber, now this.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 127
Thread images: 15

How do you guys feel about figma's reissues of some of the most sought-after figmas?
>>
I'm fine with it honestly. It proves that waiting instead of buying the figma with the inflated aftermarket price can be a good thing. And even then, for the people who already bought the figma, they can get a chance to get a second one at a lower price if they really wanted more than one.
>>
File: 20170404_131540.jpg (827KB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
20170404_131540.jpg
827KB, 1836x3264px
>>6268310
Why do you ask? Has there been some shitty reissues? I'm planning on buying ryuko soon.
>>
>>6268320
That brings up another question. Do you think the aftermarket adds to the experience of collecting, or detracts from it?
>>
Honestly, I'm glad I've got a second chance to buy these figmas
>>
>>6268325
I don't think so, I trust figma's QC to a decent extent. It's just that people have shelled out a pretty penny to own these just a few months back, and now they're getting a reissue at original price. I think ryuko reached 15000 ¥ on Mandarake? Saber had 12000¥ with pre-oder extras
>>
File: 20170404_131730.jpg (796KB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
20170404_131730.jpg
796KB, 1836x3264px
>>6268333
Is there any other site other than amiani that I can check out to pre order ryuko?
>>
>>6268338
You could get it from the GSC website maybe?
>>
Here's hoping that they reissue black swordsman and BoTH Guts for the shitty anime release. Not berserker armor though please. I just bought that.
>>
File: btfo.jpg (36KB, 613x160px) Image search: [Google]
btfo.jpg
36KB, 613x160px
>>6268310
top kek
>>
Just fine.
It helps people get a figure they couldn't justify getting otherwise.
I hope GS reissues some of the other hard to get ones so people aren't stuck with like incomplete collections.
Feeling superior over having a rare figure makes you lind of a dick.
>>
File: Sc00037.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Sc00037.png
1MB, 1280x720px
If it's popular enough to get a re-release, then maybe they should make more characters from the series? How about making the fucking Elite four for fucks sake.
>>
>>6268407
>Feeling superior over having a rare figure makes you lind of a dick.
For me it's not about feeling superior but feeling like an asshole when I buy something on the aftermarket for a high price. I don't do that often though but some people buy on the aftermarket all the time so I can understand their anger. You never know what's going to get re-released is the problem, even in lines where re-releases are common.

I'm pretty happy about Archer being re-released because I skipped him for dumb reasons back in the day. Also glad I didn't buy one on the aftermarket. Feel the same about GGO Sinon.
>>
>>6268419
why are they all naked
>>
>>6268419
Only Nonon would sell
>>
>>6268436
You underestimate the fanbase anon-kun.
>>
>>6268452
Considering Satsuki didn't even sell that well, I highly doubt any of them would either
>>
>>6268310
>some of the most sought-after figmas
Call me when they reissue figma Guts Black Swordsman ver., Guts Band of the Hawk, and Griffith (was going to add Guts Berserker Armor but it's an exclusive so...).
I already have each of them, but for others who missed out, it's plain crazy how Guts Black Swordsman goes for at least $150 now, Guts Band of the Hawk and Griffith for $100, and at least $170 now for Berserker armor version, all pre-owned. Being a Berserkfag really is suffering, not to mention the fucking $125 and $200 Godhand 2-packs...not including shipping.
It's actually pretty stupid that they aren't re-issuing them now; the anime's at its second cour and the game came out recently. Perfect opportunity to do so now. If they don't do it soon then I really doubt they'll be reissued in the future.
>>
>>6268456
Also consider, there are even more fans now.
>>
>>6268403
Scalpers btfo
>>
Of course I'm okay with it. If they see there's a demand for certain figures, it only makes sense to make them available once more. Don't see the issue unless you're a scalper, in which case I don't have much sympathy.
>>
>>6268464
Well they may. This could be a sign of more reissues to come
>>
>>6268464
What are the chances of them reissuing the berserker armor figma, as compared to the other guts figures?
>>
It's rather brilliant because even though ~50 USD is too much for a figma under normal circumstances, compared to the scalper prices no one will say a damn thing and buy it new at half the scalper price without hesitation.
>>
File: 1490634255751.png (28KB, 233x254px) Image search: [Google]
1490634255751.png
28KB, 233x254px
>>6268636
Sneaky GSC is Sneaky.
>>
>>6268419
>Elite four
Not Mako.
>>
>>6268310
I want the Summer Wars Rabbit
>>
>>6268456
You mean she didn't sell out like Ryuko did.
>>
File: Saitama.jpg (39KB, 433x500px) Image search: [Google]
Saitama.jpg
39KB, 433x500px
Incidentally, my local comic shop just got Saitama in and I was tempted to get him, but I know nothing about Figma figures. Are they consistently decent? This >>6268333 has provided me some insight but I would prefer more. How are they compared to Figuarts or Mafex?
>>
>>6268688
QC on Saitama is fine, it's more like it's a terrible rendition of the character with lackluster parts/accessories.
>>
File: Chart.png (21KB, 790x520px) Image search: [Google]
Chart.png
21KB, 790x520px
>>6268688
>I know nothing about Figma figures
It can be a bit of a plunge, try your best to consider buys carefully or you'll end up with a bunch of stuff you're not super enthusiastic about

in a hobby this expensive that can hurt
>>
>>6268326
detracts, unless you're a literal faggot who collects for nothing but value. people who do that are queers.
>>
>>6268688
>that fucking face
god this anime is disgusting. how do people like such bland character designs?
>>
>>6268737
Actually look at the anime, you autistic fuck.
>>
>>6268737
I may be be off here, but isn't that the point? He's a rather boring guy with unremarkable features whose exercise routine isn't anything special or that challenging, yet he's the best. He's simultaneously the worst and the best.
>>
>>6268744
Yes that is the point. Some people don't like the show, which is fine. And some people bash it while being too stupid to understand the type super hero satire the show actually is.
>>
>>6268632
probably 0

gotta hope for a new mold, but I doubt that now.
>>
Shit, missed out on Saber. Oh well, hopefully she'll pop up again before/on release.
>>
>>6268685
If you recall, Ryuko sold pretty poorly as well. It shelfwarmed for a while, then prices shot up because of dubbed KLK in America.
>>
>>6268744
which is why it's so funny that people keep talking about how cool and awesome Saitama is, and that the Figma isn't serious enough.
>>
>>6268783
I mean, If they're willing to reissue the exclusive Gravity Kat, why not berserker armor too? I'm asking since mine is still new in box, and I'm hesitant to take it out to pose. I paid about 12000¥ for it, so I'm scared to devalue it if there's a chance of a reissue
>>
>>6268310
Scalpers got rekt
>>
>>6268790
The simple head is fine, but the serious head is shit. The serious head would look a lot better with the mouth closed and the eyes not crossed looking.
>>
>>6268788
It was dubbed on BD and netflix long before the figma came out. Probably the Toonami airing is what got /v/'s attention.
>>
>>6268788
It sold pretty well in Japan actually. There's this constantly perpetuated myth that it didn't. Stock lasted at best one month before it was scarce.
>>
>>6268791
The new Kat isn't a reissue, it's a new sculpt. They never re-release exclusives.
>>
>>6268310

I don't care because I pre-order and buy figures when they are first released most of the time.
>>
I'm so thankful Archer is getting reissued
>>
>>6268310
I don't mind reissues. What I mind is that it just enables the worst kind of poorfag. You know the type, the one that drags their feet through the original run, trying, and ultimately failing, to get it for 90% off. Then they cry and cry for a reissue because "scalpers" are charging an unconscionable $10 over retail. They get the reissue, drag their feet again, get another reissue, drag their feet again, and so on. Every time they do this, it makes it more difficult to get a legitimately needed reissue, because makers/stores have to guess whether the demand is real or fake.
>>
>>6268866
Oh then I didn't see it in 2 different HLJ clearance sales for $25.
>>
Wouldn't mind a reissue of insane black rock shooter/black rock shooter beast but the BRS bandwagon is long dead.
>>
>>6268744
>>6268771
>>6268790
You three are a special kind of dumb motherfucker. The complaints about Saitama aren't that the figma is boring, it's that he doesn't come with jack shit. There is all kinds of fun and goofy accessories or faces he could have come with and we got basically none of it.

Could have included a grocery bag, some food items, a fly swatter, a paper sales ad, his money purse, etc. SHOULD have had the "ok" face at minimum but could have had some other funny faces as well like the creepy face he made fighting the mole guy or some of his angry rage faces for missing sales at the store.

It was a tone deaf release. Much like Gon didn't get any of the facial expressions he should have. Much like Killua got his "assassination mode" hands but no face that goes with it, a face he literally makes EVERY TIME he uses that technique. People are calling Saitama out for being a passionless cash in.
>>
>>6268891
Not going to happen unless they made completely new molds, they never re-release exclusives.

No chance whatsoever, BRS is dead.
>>
>>6268899
Most of those accesories would make nore sense with a casual-wear Saitama. He uses almost nothing in his hero costume other than the grocery bag from the opening and the cup they included.

The lack of extra faces is absolute bullshi, though.
>>
>>6268891
For the millionth goddamn time, exclusives never get reissues.
>>
>>6268899
How are they dumb when they point out something that happened? There were people, even here, bitching about the fact that his serious face didn't look good and that he needed a serious body, and that serious Saitama is way cooler.
>>
>>6268911
He used his yen purse in the costume. Also he had a grocery ad on him during that one fight. But yeah, even if it was just extra faces that'd of been better than what we got.

>>6268936
The serious face looked mediocre, that's an objective fact. Putting it on a body type that never even really uses the face makes even less sense. It should have been one of his comedic angry faces or some of his other goofier expressions instead.
>>
Reissuing regular release is always good news to me, even though I tend to pre-order. Reissuing exclusive releases is just bad business strategy for any future releases.

Ideally to me, there'd be no web exclusives and I'm the guy who actually don't miss out on Bandai exclusives or even Berserker Armor Guts. Most exclusive releases are actually cool... and people who like that specific ver are either in the majority (so really... why limit the ppl who can buy it) or minority (why limit the access to the group of people who'd buy it???).
>>
>>6268949
I meant, reissuing exclusive releases are bad strategy for any future exclusive releases. Might as well drop that business model, if figma's starting to reissue exclusives. Big anniversary milestones can be almost a valid excuse though.
>>
>>6268941
>The serious face looked mediocre, that's an objective fact. Putting it on a body type that never even really uses the face makes even less sense. It should have been one of his comedic angry faces or some of his other goofier expressions instead.
Yeah it did and does look mediocre and unfitting, and I believe they should've just added a bunch of comical faces instead. Not disputing that.
>>
>>6268963
If Saitama had three or more faces, he would have been 7k at launch.
>>
File: iowa figmaga.jpg (336KB, 730x900px) Image search: [Google]
iowa figmaga.jpg
336KB, 730x900px
Ripped someone off with a pricing error a few months ago so I could not give a shit. Satsuki is a better figure, but it's nice having both.

I'm glad everyone else can finally get a new Ryuko now. Over $100 for a figma is plain stupidity.

Unless it's pic related.
>>
Goddamn it were Pit and Pitoo shit sellers then?
I've been waiting for a re-release of those two angels every year, and I keep talking myself out of buying one on Mandarake.

Literally the only two figmas I wanted but couldn't afford because I was on Unemployment at the time. I can most definitely afford them now, but I can't justify myself paying $300 + shipping for two action figures.
>>
>>6268993

Is that a real figma thats out currently?
>>
>>6268310
it gives me hope for other possible reissues
>>
>>6268993
>>6269147

>10k+ just for tits

and GSC are wondering why their stuff is shelfwarming
>>
>>6269110
I don't remember them selling particularly well.

Shame you didn't buy Pit on Amiami when he was suddenly restocked at a great price.
>>
>>6268326

Are you a faggot scalper?

Because they are literally the only ones who benefit.
>>
>>6268993
>the right ship has an upper cannon
>the other doesnt
asymmetry not worth 100 at all
>>
>>6268475
Ryuko was going for scalper-prices by the time Satsuki went up for preorder, yet Satsuki still didn't sell terribly well. If the second-biggest character of the show can't even sell out with the Toonami audience being a factor, then the elite four don't stand a chance.
>>
>>6268326
Detracts, but it's an inevitable side effect of this production model. They don't have the means to keep constantly churning out new supply of a given figure without either the price going up or the number of releases/level of quality going down, so as long as quantities are limited, people have no choice but to roll with it by preordering things they really want rather than trying to poorfag and wait for sales only to complain once the figure sells out.
>>
>>6268310
i feel it would be great if i would mostly stop seeking for this
>>
I'm very happy about Ryuko. Wasn't able to get one at launch, and flipped a lid when I saw what she's going for now.
>>
>>6269211
That's how Iowa-class ships have their gun turrets set up. You don't deserve to own her anyways.
>>
>>6269210
Nah, I'm just curious as to how much you guys base this hobby on "exclusivity". I find it interesting. For me, although I try to buy things I truly like, I find myself drawn to things which are "rare", more often than not.
>>
>>6269331
>I find myself drawn to things which are "rare"
I bought a couple of toys based on this. it's probably no coincidence that these are the toys I enjoy owning the least.
>>
>>6269331
Lets be real, "Exclusivity" is just a marketing strategy, not an actually pro/quality worth having.

A figure doesn't get better or worse depending on how many people own one.
>>
>>6269388
>>6269331
It's an initial collectors mindset one has to get over when as >>6269388 mentioned, it doesn't make a toy better or worse. Some exclusive toys can have a nice story behind them though and make them a crowning gem of your collection. Some of those really rare G1 transformers come to mind.

There are some nice approaches to it though, I have a shelf full of WF / Tamashii Nations exclusives that I view as "souvenirs" since I attended each event.
>>
Guess motoko is getting a reissue too
>>
>>6268419
I just want Ryuko in her School uniform
>>
>>6268889
>HLJ
>Sells exclusively outside of Japan
>Indicative of the Japanese market

Cool
>>
They've just started pre-orders for a S.A.C. Motoko Figma too. Wonder if they're going to do a wave of re-issues for a while.
>>
I just want figma Pit and Dark Pit back.
>>
>>6269733
Yeah I just saw that. I'll have to keep an eye open for anything I missed in the past.
>>
I wish they would reissue Charming Drossel so I don't have to pay $100+ for one.
>>
>>6269668
>>6269665
That's a very good point. However, rarity does add an additional layer of prestige to the toy that you have. Reissues piss me off as well especially after I went through hell and high water to track one down and pay top dollar for one. But I am aware that if I wasn't able to track one down initially, I would have been happy like fuck...

Also, is it better to own a reissue or an original release? I've heard that there are such things as mold degradation, but they might make tweaks and improvements to the second batch... Not to mention, it would be newer.
>>
>>6269802
>Buying toys for prestige

That really doesn't seem like a good reason to buy a toy.
>>
>>6269802
>Also, is it better to own a reissue or an original release? I've heard that there are such things as mold degradation, but they might make tweaks and improvements to the second batch... Not to mention, it would be newer.

It honestly varies for everything-Every figure for every company. Sometimes things get shitty with a new batch because they don't fix the mold degredation. Sometimes it gets better because they fixed something that was a problem in the initial run. Only way to find out is to actually wait for people to get them and report in, or just blind buy it and find out for yourself.
>>
>>6269810
You misunderstand, I said "additional layer". I buy what I want, but it's a nice bonus to have.
>>
At least they didn't price it above 8k. You know if it was a new figure, they would.
>>
>>6268310
Nothing wrong with reissuing popular figures. There's no reason someone should pay 400% straight to a reseller instead of MSRP to a retailer who bought it from the manufacturer.
>>
>>6268310
I'm quite happy as to reissuing sought-after Figmas. It gives other people another chance in pre-ordering them when they miss them out the first time.

I'm really glad with the Saber 2.0 and Archer reissues and now I pre-ordered them already.

If only they could reissue SP Figmas without the bonuses like BDs and DVDs and games that would be great but that is only a wishful thinking.
>>
File: motokonm.jpg (29KB, 350x509px) Image search: [Google]
motokonm.jpg
29KB, 350x509px
>>6269733
Not dissing the original but does anyone else like the look of Figma's New Movie Motoko more than SAC?
>>
>>6269721
>I think HLJ only sells outside of Japan.
>>
>>6270791
I hate her super soft uguu face but otherwise it looks way better.
I am not a fan of that particular S.A.C outfit.
My dream Major would be from the first movie.
>>
>>6268891
check mandy you numbskull
>>
>>6270791
It's simplistic, but I like it well enough. I'm just angry that the clear legs were an GSC exclusive. I missed out on that and it's tough to find them on the aftermarket.
>>
>>6270856
>Ihate her super soft uguu face but otherwise it looks way better
You can always cover it up with the visor

>My dream Major would be from the first movie
Me too. I wonder what the hold up is?
>>
>>6269718
This is all I've ever wanted. I passed on the nendo like a damn fool thinking we'd get more than we did.
>>
Trying to decide between Ryuko and Motoko, I'm only getting one. Suggestions?
>>
>>6270968
stop being a poorfag and get both :)
>>
Any other Canadians buy any KLK figmas? I'm tempted to get Satsuki and now Ryuko but I'm spooked customs will beat me.
>>
>>6270968
ENTRY LEVEL PLEB SHIT MAINSTREAM MASS MARKET REISSUE NIGGER TIER

tl;dr

yikes, saged
>>
>>6270969
I'll probably both eventually but I've already got a bunch of figuarts and gunpla coming that month so trying to decide which is more likely to sell out first.
>>
>>6271037
Try getting some taste then you won't need either

Did you know this?
>>
>>6271018
>>6271041
You sound like a butthurt scalper.
>>
>>6270968
Motoko.
I mean, at least people will remember what anime she's from in 10 years.
>>
>>6271089
I think people remember her first movie look more.
>>
>>6271169
This, I don't like the anime show designs.
>>
>>6268310
I missed out on buying Ryuuko when it first came out, and nearly picked it up at a con.

But it doesn't look that great IRL. Would much rather they just release a non-transformed, school uniform version. Even a pre-Senketsu one.
>>
File: 13nez3r.jpg (56KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
13nez3r.jpg
56KB, 1280x720px
>>6268434
NU
DIST
>>
>>6271253
>>6268434
BEACH
>>
>>6271251
It's made for action poses.
>>
>>6268310
Looking forward to figma Pit with non-shit waist.
>>
>>6269292
maybe that's why they lost the war :^)
>>
>>6268310

It's great, Fuck the scalpers. The weird thing for me is like the OG GiTS figma was like 40 quid in the UK and is now 70 quid. That ain't just brexit fucking with the prices. :-(
>>
>>6271331

america won the war
>>
>>6270791

Definitely, not only do I prefer the look it's a much more posable figma too. Still, keeping both... maybe one of them can live at work.
>>
>>6268310
Don't care really.
>>
>>6271314
>four-year-old figma
>sales were mediocre at launch, was available for months
>franchise that hasn't had any media since 2012, with no new media planned
I highly doubt Pit's gonna get reissued. KLK, Fate/, GITS, all of these either have new media in production or came out fairly recently, and all the reissued figmas sold out reasonably quickly the first time round. The reissues are nice (I'd love to get a Pit with a fixed waist), but people counting on them happening for everything that's increased in aftermarket price are setting themselves up for disappointment.
>>
>>6271037
>figuarts and gunpla coming that month so trying to decide which is more likely to sell out first.
>gunpla
>decide which sell out first
>gunpla

anon, gunpla may sell out but it restocks so damn fast. they are always remaking old kits. Unless you got some P-Bandai you looking at

>>6270862
clear legs?
>>
>>6273537
>not the same anon
clear lower legs
>>
>>6268347

You deserve it for supporting scalpers desu
>>
>>6270791

Doesn't even look like the source character.

Suit is some generic GANTZ shit.
>>
Sometimes I wish someone would make bootlegs for those exclusive pre-order pieces.
>>
>>6274048
I think they did for Miku Append with the headphones.
>>
>>6273637
Could've just bought a bootleg clear Archetype She and panted the upper part of the legs for less.
Thread posts: 127
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.