[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First time buying figurines. Took a month to get here but I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_20170404_152751_354.jpg (1MB, 1695x1661px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170404_152751_354.jpg
1MB, 1695x1661px
First time buying figurines. Took a month to get here but I'm so happy with this. Really like the pose-ability on it. Anyone have some recommendations for other figures? Should I shop for Revoltech or Figma?
>>
To answer your question we first need to know where your interests lie. Is it anime? Movies? Comics? Video games?

There are a variety of tastes in toys here, so you'll have to narrow it down.

That said, welcome to the hobby.
>>
>>6266422
Anime and Transformers mostly. I was thinking about getting MP-18B, but kinda on the fence if I should get the KO or authentic version.

But yeah I definitely want to collect more. I usually just collect diecast cars and such, but these figurines are nice to have on the desk to mess around with.
>>
>>6266422
Second in this. Get into something and see if it has toys.
>>
File: 1489341605406.jpg (71KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1489341605406.jpg
71KB, 720x960px
>>6266413
I suggest Figma, SHFiguarts, SAS, and revoltech for a guy like you. Welcome to the club
>>
>>6266413
>Should I shop for Revoltech or Figma?
Doesn't matter, just make sure what you're buying is something recent from the last few years. That Yoko figure was a total piece of shit when it came out almost a decade ago and a modern Figma, Figuarts, or Revoltech would blow your mind. Use myfigurecollection.net to search for stuff.
>>
>>6266413
keep buying MMS
>>
>>6266536
That's the Revo, retard.
>>
>>6266413

Turn back before it's too late. Seriously.
>>
Just look into series you like and see what toys are available. Check amiami everyonce in awhile to see what's on pre-order. Watch out for chinese bootleg sellers on ebay. Stick to what you love and don't get swept into /toy/ hype.
>>
>>6266413
Hey OP, is that a blackbook as the background?
>>
Get ready for have the urge to compulsively buy something everytime you visit this board on a regular basis.
>>
>>6267167
I enjoy that feeling.
>>
>>6266413
Revoltech, figma, it doesn't matter. Just buy the characters you like.

Though, I would be careful about Revoltech. Their older figures are shit. They started to get good around the Revoltech Yamaguchi line, but anything before that is trash. Still, their modern figures are AMAZING.

Figma is an over all better line though. Even their older figures. While outdated, can still live up to modern standards close enough to still be worth checking out. Plus, there's a lot of variety, so you'll probably find Somthing you like.

Figuarts is kinda like figma, only with somewhat less variety. They do a lot of MCU, Star Wars, and Karmin Rider stuff though, so if you like those, than you're in fucking hevan. Also, they're very good at doing realistic faces.

Super Action Statue is for Jojo. They've done more than JUST Jojo (they tired Tokoy Ghoul, Parasite, Ajain, Drifters, and are about to do RWBY soon), but the line is still like 85% Jojo, and that's not a bad thing as long as you like the series (which you SHOULD). The figures themselves are nice too.

MAFEX is weird. They have a lot of good western movie properties, but their quality control is shit. Never pre-order with these guys, always wait till one of thier figures actually comes out to see if it's one of their good ones (Like Boba Fett and Darth Vader) or one of their failures (Like Superman).

I hope this helps.
>>
>>6266413
>figurines
Stop calling them that.
They're toys of figures
>>
>>6267753
Action figures. not figurines.
>>
File: 1223536003908.jpg (162KB, 854x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1223536003908.jpg
162KB, 854x1280px
>>6266509
>>
>>6267915
Action figures if you must. That's just an extra two syllables for you to say.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.