[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was shopping around eBay for Team Fortress figures & stumbled

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 4L_GjcLyjfW.jpg (629KB, 1242x1782px) Image search: [Google]
4L_GjcLyjfW.jpg
629KB, 1242x1782px
Was shopping around eBay for Team Fortress figures & stumbled across this Ubered Red Pyro. I cannot find any sort of information online concerning this variant. Is this some kind of cancelled product coming to light? I know most of this line was disappointing/cancelled.
>>
>>6257702
Considering it's shipping from Hong Kong with no packaging/accessories, I'm guessing it's a knockoff mold
>>
>>6257702
Valve okay'd the production of Medic, Sniper, and Scout for the remaining 3 Neca versions in Red only. They didn't speak up on whether or not there will be Blu or more figures.

Could be an actual legit prototype.
>>
Here's the listing:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NECA-Team-Fortress-2-Video-Game-7-loose-figure-THE-PYRO-Red-Variant-Clear-/112347483086?hash=item1a286e8bce:g:6GsAAOSwTM5Y1rzf

I noticed that several of the guy's prototypes are listed AS prototypes, while he lists this as a variant. Maybe Pyro and Demo are getting a second run with uber variants?
>>
>>6257702

If you look closely you can see the poor job this dude did with the casting. a lot of defects there that aren't on the original mold.

I have a pyro myself and i'm definitely noticing errors.

Still pretty cool, but definitely not worth what he's asking for it.
>>
>>6257912
like where
>>
Pyro is an awful figure anyway don't get it.
>>
>>6257921

the surface roughness of the thighs, waist, the crud of the grenades and tiny detailed parts all points to not using any mold release product. Check the other pics out.

Also the ends of the gas tanks are bent. If this was a new mold, they would be straight, not bent from being in a package.

My pyro's is straighter than this "prototype"

In my opinion this is just someone's recast of a figure, not a leaked prototype.
>>
>>6257810
>china
bootleg

>>6257912
you think someone could cast this thing and then really sell it for $40?

nah.
>>
>>6257972

All that work for one figure, nah, But i do think we're going to see a flood of Bootleg TF2 figures when the next 3 are released yeah.
>>
>>6257972
>china=bootleg
Where are NECA figures made, then?
>>
>>6257987
Are you intentionally being dimwitted? Or just memeing?
>>
>>6257993
I'm asking. I don't buy NECA all that often.
>>
File: bootleg toys 3880185.jpg (115KB, 450x338px) Image search: [Google]
bootleg toys 3880185.jpg
115KB, 450x338px
>>6258214
It's not just NECA. Most all toys are made in China now.

Bootlegs are often made in China too. Either they are faulty rejects from the factory making the real toys or someone at another factory has some bootleg molds copied to make their own knockoffs.

People selling from China are most often selling these bootlegs, not the official toys that are shipped from the Chinese factories to the official US company to be distributed in the US.

Some of the bootleg factories aren't even trying to maintain the same quality as the original. Some of their molds or production methods are just very cheap knockoffs. Some other bootlegs are made closer in quality to the originals, but still have signs of being cheaper.
>>
>>6259548
I know all of this, actually. I was implying that it could be a test shot or a reject, and then the other anon thought I was being stupid for thinking something legitimate from this company could leak from China. If NECA's factories -are- in China then my original point stands.
>>
>>6257702
Medic three pack with uber versions of Pyro and Demo but not a ubered Heavy doesn't make sense.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.