[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Orlando/Tampa area /toy/ stores?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: tampa-orlando.jpg (234KB, 500x240px) Image search: [Google]
tampa-orlando.jpg
234KB, 500x240px
In town for a week for Wrestlemania and looking to blow some money on plastic art and culture. Recommended toy/comic/anime shops?
>>
Interested as well.
>>
sorry i can't help with the stores, but i'm jealous as fuck that you're going to WM
>>
Probably the best store in the area is Emerald City, but its probably out of your way, don't really know much else around there
>>
>>6256583
Orlando guy here

Coliseum Of Comics has several locations, lots of merch & prices are straight retail.

God & Monsters of of International Drive is ok but they just moved into a smaller store.

Mike's Comics across from the FL Mall is your standard LCS and specializes in Funkos (if you're into that).

I wouldn't bother with 'A Comic Shop' or Sci-Fi City.
>>
>>6257476
Is this mostly just gonna be typical comic shop stuff, ie DCC, DST, etc?
>>
>>6256583
Lego Store at DownTown Disney-- ahem Disney Springs I mean
>>
>>6257476
I have a Colosseum of Comics here in tampa, and their toy/ model kit selection is overpriced as fuck
>>
>>6258729
Even some of their new release comics are a few dollars above the print price
>>
>>6257341
Seconding Emerald City, it's a really neat place.
>>
Yo wtf I have /toy/ bros in tampa?!
>>
ACME Toys in Longwood. Just take 436 towards Altamonte or 17-92.

They've got comics and lots of toys. They also are re-sellers so you might find some used hard to find stuff in decent condition. They used to even have Disney's Gargoyles figures. Prices are about what you'd expect. They keep weird hours though, so double check they're open before you head out.

If you go to the Florida Mall, there is (or at least was, last I was over there) these two weird toy stores. They're like... if Kay-Be merged with a cheap booth at an anime convention. Ancient western toys and a random selection of ball joint dolls, knock off Pokemon toys, Japanese blind boxes. If you like Pops, you'll be in heaven.
>>
>>6260582
At least a few, you know of any decent local stores?
>>
>>6256583
I've been in Tampa since 2009. Scalper Central. Don't even bother
>>
>>6258002
Speaking of Disney, if anyone is into gundam stuff, those tiny Universal Unit kits get sold in large amounts at Epcot's japan section. And they are western MSRP too so not overpriced.

But that involves either being a annual passholder or having already planned on disney in your vacation. I wouldnt spend $100 with those things in your mind.

Other then the universal unit nothing really comes to mind as interesting in the Japan shop. They got a bunch of the D Arts digimon, but I think those were overpriced, and sadly no Pokemon Arts. Although not sure if the charizard rerelease is out yet.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.